4.46/5
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

13 Levana Baby Monitors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I got the Willow baby monitor by Levana for my child's room. She is 16 months old and I have been through 3 different monitors. I called and there is a year warranty so they have been replaced, however, I had to pay shipping and, the screen went out AGAIN and now it's past the year. I don't understand how 3 different monitor screens can go out in 16 months. That is a poor quality screen. They have not been dropped, tossed, come in contact with water, or anything else. I put the monitor on a table when in use. Poor quality product. Wish I had chosen a different brand.

Original review: March 25, 2018

My experience with this baby monitor has been good. No static, no fuzzy video, has been very reliable and charges easy. Can walk around the house and go into different rooms with the handheld video monitor so it doesn't have to just stay in one spot. I like that it has a talking feature where you can talk through the monitor to your baby with just a push of a button on the video monitor. I also really like the night vision of the video monitor that is a nice feature. The only thing I would want to be improved would be the screen size of the video part of the monitor. Also would be nice to have a stand for the video monitor to sit on.

Get expert buying tips about Baby Monitors delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 14, 2018

The value that you get for the cost of the Levana baby monitor is well worth it. Most other baby monitors that have the same features are much more expensive. I like Levana's video baby monitor and features such as auto sleep and sensitivity adjustment are great. The volume is easily adjustable and I never have connection issues. But the sensitivity adjustment could be much better. There are times when I've had the monitor set to very sensitive but it still doesn't come on when it should.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I chose it over other brands because it was much smaller, had some features that the others didn't have, compatibility with my cell phone, WiFi connectivity, etc. It's easy to setup and use. It has all twenty four hour monitoring and has two way audio which is really cool because I can hear baby and baby can hear me as well and all from a smart phone. It plays music, it has hd video and video recording. It's an overall great item. But if I had to complain, it would be that the devices don't come in a variety of colors and different designs to go with baby room themes. That would be really nice for a baby monitor to have, customization.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Been using it 3 years solid and overall very satisfied. Chose based on reviews, features and perceived quality. Screen is a good size, not tiny. Easy to set up and use. I like the video, pan/tilt/zoom, 2 way communication, lullabies, and overall quality and value. Plus the breathing monitor sold separately. Closed system for privacy and security. Did have some issues with charging cord... upgraded to a charging dock with an extra battery and that resolved and bettered the product. Wish its expandability was easier to function as I need. Kind of pricey, but comparably so. Concerned about reviews I'm seeing for the newest products as mine is discontinued and now I must purchase an entirely new system to utilize 2 cameras when 2nd child comes. Wish I could still simply purchase a 2nd camera for the monitor I already have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Levana Baby Monitors?

Original review: March 11, 2018

With Levana, I felt confident that I would hear my baby if he woke up and I was in another part of the house. It was recommended by a friend and was a quality purchase. I was impressed how clear the audio output sounded. My favorite feature though was that I could talk back on my end just like a walkie-talkie and has a very impressive range for a baby monitor. It served its purpose and still works to this day so I have no complaints. It may not be the cheapest model on the market but you can feel confident that the quality is top notch and that the company is honest and stands by its product.

Original review: March 10, 2018

These monitors make life simple when it needs to be. I can see my child on camera without going in the room and interrupting his sleep and I couldn’t do that prior to getting one of these. It’s just incredible to be able to see every detail through video and not having to disturb my son. It is remarkable and I have told numerous friends and family that they certainly need to try this out. The features are just amazing and definitely an upgrade from prior monitors. You can’t dislike a video monitor unless it doesn’t have a clear view of your baby.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I researched a lot and finally choose this one for the price and the features. The experience was great. I purchased 2 and used them daily for naps and bedtime. I liked all the features that came with it. The 2-way walkie talkie to be able to talk and soothe the baby from the other room and the video was perfect for watching the babies and what they are doing as they sleep or when they wake up. But the battery life is horrible and have heard is the case with most monitors. It usually last less than 30 minutes from when I first unplug it.

Original review: March 8, 2018

We loved this monitor because the quality was excellent. The picture was clear and precise. Sound quality was very good. We got a good deal on it from Levana and we’re glad we chose it. The brand name we associate with quality and we were right. My daughter was ill so we really needed it. It kept her safe. This monitor helped us watch for seizures in our daughter. I don’t know what we would have done without it. But I would make the battery last longer. Sometimes it would go out when I really needed it. Most of the time the picture was good but sometimes it could get blurry. Sometimes other electronics interfered with the signal.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Overall I like this baby monitor. It does what it needs to do and gets the job done. I like the alerts but the sound is very sensitive and the alert come on when they don't need to be. It needs to be changed and I would also make the picture quality much higher because it is average. However, I really like the temperature alert and the nap and feeder timer. This really helps me if I need to check and see if the baby need something to eat and I can also see when the baby is finished sleeping for a nap.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I could see my baby and talk to her anytime. I thought it was the best out there for the kids. I loved it so much that had three before. I like that it was in color and also black and white large screen. Sound was excellent. Very clear. I had two camera. Best money I ever spent. Working like charms. I had the best experience and told everyone I knew how much I loved it. Was worth the money. I will buy again.

Original review: March 1, 2018

This monitor is great because it has a good picture quality and the price was right. This device has great battery life and a clear screen. The sound quality is also very good. You can clearly see and hear your young child which gives you peace of mind. But the unit needs a better antenna or a stronger hinge because the antenna broke and the unit needs to be replaced. The unit does not function well without a working antenna.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I love the temperature reading, the 2-way communication so I can speak to my oldest without stopping whatever I'm doing. I really love the entire monitor system. The screen is large and easy to use... The price was just right. It was shipped quickly. I ordered online, which made purchase convenient for me. And easier with two kids. I love the features it has. But the screen gets fuzzy quickly if there is no direct light in the room. And the battery does not last more than a few hours even though the package says 12+ hours. That isn't true in my case unfortunately.

Levana Baby Monitors expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Levana began as a home security company and started making baby monitors in 2001. It now specializes in video baby monitors that range in price from $100 to $280. The company stands out because of the large 7-inch screens on some of its models and its commitment to stand behind its products with a strong warranty.

• Aria: The Aria video monitor comes with a 7-inch touch screen, which is the largest on the market. Its convenient feeding and nap timer reminds you when it’s time for your baby to eat or sleep. The monitor also has a temperature sensor, talk-back technology, USB charging, LED night vision up to 12 feet, and remote pan, tilt and zoom. Choose between one or two cameras at $200 or $250, respectively.

• Amara: The Amara video monitor comes with one camera for $180 or two for $280. This system has a 7-inch touch-screen, 12-hour battery life, temperature reports and feeding timers.

• Lila: The Lila is a great choice if you’re looking for a basic, reliable monitor. You can get one camera and receiver for $80. It has an invisible LED night-vision bulb that works up to 12 feet away from your baby and a handy 72-hour battery life.

• Guarantee: All monitors from Levana are guaranteed for 30 days after purchase and can be returned within that time frame for any reason. After that, they come with a standard one-year warranty against defects in manufacturing or workmanship. You can extend the warranty an additional year for $10 to $25, depending on the monitor model.

• Best for: caregivers who want a video monitor.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Levana Baby Monitors Company Information