4.4/5 (26 ratings)

About Infant Optics

Infant Optics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Infant Optics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Infant Optics?

Original review: March 21, 2018

I appreciate that I'm being able to see the infant clearly. The video quality is great, which is pretty important to the family I nanny for. The screen is also a nice size to see what I need to see. However, I wish I could remotely change the angle of the view. Also, their price is higher than others with the same video features. I personally would have chosen a cheaper option for my purposes.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I chose Infant Optics for the secure video monitoring and I haven't been disappointed. My wife feels secure with the direct link. Video monitoring makes me feel a lot better knowing I can see my son. Not having a WiFi connection makes me feel like the connection is secure. I also enjoy the night vision feature. However, the broadcast range could be better. Sometimes I lose signal in my own house and it is not that big. Also, sometimes I get interference from the WiFi when it is near my smartphone.

Original review: March 19, 2018

The monitor treated us well and has worked when we needed it to. I liked that the video monitor did not use wifi... privacy is important to us and most video monitors use wifi. I also liked that range this monitor had. Easy to use and convenient too. But a better color picture would be nice. Also would be nice to have the monitor automatically switch cameras if a noise was heard when multiple cameras are in use. But would recommend it again to friends in search of a monitor.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Infant Optics has the highest quality brand for baby monitors because of the clear sound. The device is also very reliable and does not break easy. However, I would get a higher quality camera so you really know what's happening and you can keep a better eye on things and stay on top of them. An improvement would also to be to lower the price of the add-on cameras.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I chose this brand of baby monitor over other brands because it contains features that others did not. In fact, I feel that all of the features are appropriate and necessary. It also was affordable and received raving reviews from other parents who have used the product. I also like that it comes with an automatic voice activation power saving mode and a built-in audio shutoff module designed to eliminate any white noise or static when the sound level is below a predetermined level for 10 seconds.

Original review: March 14, 2018

The iBaby monitor is a monitor with all of the bells and whistles and did a very good job of monitoring the baby. I was very reassured that I could check on the baby at any time I felt concerned. I want the monitor to be easy to install and operate. This monitor was easy to set up and very easy to use. Good quality video and two-way audio too. I want to play soothing music and I want to be able to take pictures and video. Finally I want to be able to operate everything from my cell phone. A very good monitor overall, however I found one feature totally lacking which I felt was important to have. It is important to me to be able to monitor the baby from my PC and this feature was totally lacking from my monitor. I would definitely add this feature to improve an otherwise excellent baby monitor.

Original review: March 13, 2018

The item was very durable and the cost was affordable at over one hundred and sixty dollars. Also, the size was easy to handle. The colors were very attractive but not stark. The brand was not heavy or cumbersome and it went all out to provide a quality product. Overall they did a pretty good job. This brand was one of the top five recommended brands and compares equally with the leading brands which were used. I would recommend this brand to all my friends and relatives.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I chose this brand because it was recommended on the internet. Many people liked it and they said good things about it. It is very easy and intuitive to use. I have no problems using it. It is good quality, it works well and I like it a lot. But it could have volume controls. Sometimes the volume is too low, and it is difficult to hear.

Original review: March 11, 2018

This is a really great monitor from a pretty decent small brand. I spent a little time looking at various monitor And reading the reviews for them. I chose this monitor because it was very inexpensive and had really great reviews on Amazon. It seemed like a very good value too. I like that the monitor allows me to use up to four cameras, had contrast and volume settings, and is a nice blue color. But I would like the picture quality to be a little bit better, and to be easier to see when the room is dark. Sometimes it is hard to tell where my child is in their bed.

Original review: March 10, 2018

The Infant Optics DXR-8 has a very intuitive, easy to set up and use interface. It has excellent video quality and the monitor battery lasted longer than the others we tried. But it has no web access and you also can't take snapshots or record video with this camera and monitor. Since it lacked these features the price is too high.

This was our fourth baby monitor having returned the first three. The first one was too hard to set up. The second one had too much interference to be useful. The third one's battery ran down in just a couple hours. Even though The Infant Optics DXR-8 was not our first choice and did not have all the features we wanted, it worked the best of all the ones we tried.

Original review: March 9, 2018

My experience with the baby monitor is very good. I chose it over others because I have read reviews and came to a conclusion that it is the best for me. I like it a lot and it is great to use. It has not broke down. It works very good and is the perfect size for me. The baby monitor has a great screen which is good for me being able to see what my baby is doing. It also has night mode which makes it easier to see at night time and isn't as bad as other monitors.

Original review: March 8, 2018

It works and less worry and stress of not hearing the baby if he/she wakes up at night. Experience was ok but only used once because it costs a lot and not everyone is rich so you should make it cheaper for the poor people to use this. It used battery too. I might have not used it just one time and sold not because it was a waste of money I could use for diapers.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I enjoyed most that it has video and audio capabilities. I especially enjoy that there is a video camera so that you can visually see that your child is doing well and check in on your baby without waking them. This really helps to keep my peace of mind. And if you are away from the video screen you can listen to the child via audio. But the version I have does not have a color camera which is something that I would like if I were to purchase another baby monitor in the future. It isn't a necessity though it would just help the picture of the child come in clearer.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I bought this monitor when my daughter got to the point that she could potentially climb out of but her crib. I wanted a monitor where I could see what she was doing during the night. My previous baby monitor only transmitted sound, so I needed something affordable that also allowed me to see her. I really liked how the monitor could be set up to stop transmitting sound and picture if it did not detect movement or noise after several minutes. The monitor is also able to recognize that a sound machine to music is just background noise and can be set up to stop transmitting this sound after several minutes. This not only saves electricity usage but also saves a parent's sanity!

This brand was within my price range and offered the features I needed to feel confident my daughter was safe during the night. My overall experience was positive although there were a few things I would change about it. This monitor worked great for us initially. We encountered some problems later on where the monitor wouldn't turn off sound/picture after several minutes of no movement or sound from the child. This bothered me during the night because it interrupted my sleep. It would also be nice if it could transmit over longer distances. We had some issues with it beeping "out of range" if we were at the opposite end of the house.

Original review: March 1, 2018

My friend and father recommended Infant Optics to me so I bought it. I had never heard of the brand before then. I like the ability to add extra monitors, had excellent hearing and viewing ranges, easy to use, the option to use power cord or battery, and it wasn't too expensive. Exceeded my expectations and I would recommend this product for a new parent or ones with more than one child. It was a useful and great product and I would use it again. But perhaps they can make it easier to switch between different cameras.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I chose the Infant Optics since it looked to be a good one. I just wish they had other colors besides white. They had it on display and so I was able to check it out. Also would be nice if had like a warning light or something when the batteries are getting low. But Infant Optics was easy to use and it worked great. I like that they had a volume button so that you could adjust how low or loud you wanted it. It worked better than expected and the batteries in it worked great. It was a great experience.

Infant Optics Company Information