4.52/5
Based on 25 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

25 Infant Optics Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 2, 2018

There are so many good features on Infant Optics baby monitor. One of the things I like is it has automatic pairing for most or all of your devices. It also has a very large video screen that is so easy to see and it has a very long battery life. And also, the screen quality is really excellent. However, it is priced a little high. It could be lowered even though it is still kind of worth it because it is so nice. Also, there is a limited range on where you can reach with it. It still has decent range, though. Overall, I felt comforted and enjoyed using it.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Infant Optics is a very reliable durable monitor. It had good reviews so we went with this one. It had the features that we wanted in a monitor. It has a clear picture with night vision and the temperature for the babies room. In addition, the sound quality is good. The price was high, but so worth it. Will recommend this brand to other parents looking to purchase a monitor.

Get expert buying tips about Baby Monitors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Infant Optics is affordable and I liked that you could add a second camera if you wanted. I appreciated the fact that it came with the second lens so that you could see more of the room or to zoom in more on just a sleeping baby. I like the size of the monitor. It has a widescreen and the ability to see the whole room. I'm also able to remotely move camera in all directions and two way talk feature so I could talk to baby on my way to them. I also liked how you can see regular light and then night vision. It also tells the temperature that the room is which is helpful. I wish it had a longer charge on the monitor battery. I felt like I'm always charging it. I would also increase the range so I can take the dog out back to pee and still see baby. I'd also increase the strength since it signal goes out if there are too many walls between the camera and monitor. But overall my experience with this monitor has been great.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Infant Optics baby monitor is reliable, smooth, easy, user-friendly. We chose this brand because of the features it had for the price it has specifically video on our daughter's side. Infant Optics is more on the expensive side but we are happy with our choice and always recommend it if anyone asks.

Original review: March 28, 2018

My experience is actually great. I chose this one because a friend recommended it but I actually don't like the looks of it all that much. It does what it is supposed to do though and that's all that matters. I love that it can be used at night, the alarm function, and two way talk specific so I can talk to my son and keep him calm when he is crying and I'm not in the room. However, in my opinion it doesn't look as modern as some other devices. It needs a new design to stand out. It feels as if there were no designers helping to create the product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Infant Optics?

Original review: March 26, 2018

My overall experience with the baby monitor is great. I chose this brand because my daughter was using it and said it was great. I did some online research and saw many positive reviews. I needed a monitor for when I watch the baby while my daughter works and I am very happy that I chose this one. It has a 3.5 inch full color display and is sound activated. It has long battery life and has digital zoom with the optical zoom lens that is included. However, I would add the option to take pictures and record video. Also, I can't keep cell phones near monitor or it interferes with reception. I also wish it had a docking system for charging.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Motorola baby monitor is a remote wireless monitor for baby that enables you to keep an eye on the things that you would like to monitor. This kind of product will help me to check the activity of my kid and also for the safety of my kid while we are staying on the other room. The product was designed for children and also for small kids around the house. Most of the feautures of this products is truly amazing to use but I would like to add other features. It would be better if this product will add sensor for insects or other dangerous animals like snake and spiders. But my baby monitor experience during my motherhood stage was truly amazing and unforgettable because during that time me and my husband were in peace especially when we go to sleep. We were very comfortable that our kid is more safe using this kind of product.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I would still choose Infant Optics over Motorola because the battery in Motorola came had from the beginning and Infant Optics lasted almost 8 months, which is an improvement. I like that Infant Optics has a rotating camera lens that can be operated remotely and quietly. It can provide color pictures during the day and night vision at night. Volume and lighting are adjustable on the view screen. What I dislike though is the battery died less than a year old. It also stopped charging. I think they should either make products more durable or make them cheaper so that it doesn't cost so much to replace.

Original review: March 22, 2018

It is a really nice baby monitor. It has a great screen. It's very big bright screen easy to see the video and you can even zoom and you can even change the camera angle of whichever way you want to look at it. It had such good quality video that it made it fun to use it. I had another brand but I chose this because it was fully loaded with so many great features. Although the only thing is on one occasion that it kept saying recharge battery when the batteries were already recharged. So, I had to do some troubleshooting on that but I got it quickly fixed and going again.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I appreciate that I'm being able to see the infant clearly. The video quality is great, which is pretty important to the family I nanny for. The screen is also a nice size to see what I need to see. However, I wish I could remotely change the angle of the view. Also, their price is higher than others with the same video features. I personally would have chosen a cheaper option for my purposes.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I chose Infant Optics for the secure video monitoring and I haven't been disappointed. My wife feels secure with the direct link. Video monitoring makes me feel a lot better knowing I can see my son. Not having a WiFi connection makes me feel like the connection is secure. I also enjoy the night vision feature. However, the broadcast range could be better. Sometimes I lose signal in my own house and it is not that big. Also, sometimes I get interference from the WiFi when it is near my smartphone.

Original review: March 19, 2018

The monitor treated us well and has worked when we needed it to. I liked that the video monitor did not use wifi... privacy is important to us and most video monitors use wifi. I also liked that range this monitor had. Easy to use and convenient too. But a better color picture would be nice. Also would be nice to have the monitor automatically switch cameras if a noise was heard when multiple cameras are in use. But would recommend it again to friends in search of a monitor.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Infant Optics has the highest quality brand for baby monitors because of the clear sound. The device is also very reliable and does not break easy. However, I would get a higher quality camera so you really know what's happening and you can keep a better eye on things and stay on top of them. An improvement would also to be to lower the price of the add-on cameras.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I chose this brand of baby monitor over other brands because it contains features that others did not. In fact, I feel that all of the features are appropriate and necessary. It also was affordable and received raving reviews from other parents who have used the product. I also like that it comes with an automatic voice activation power saving mode and a built-in audio shutoff module designed to eliminate any white noise or static when the sound level is below a predetermined level for 10 seconds.

Original review: March 14, 2018

The iBaby monitor is a monitor with all of the bells and whistles and did a very good job of monitoring the baby. I was very reassured that I could check on the baby at any time I felt concerned. I want the monitor to be easy to install and operate. This monitor was easy to set up and very easy to use. Good quality video and two-way audio too. I want to play soothing music and I want to be able to take pictures and video. Finally I want to be able to operate everything from my cell phone. A very good monitor overall, however I found one feature totally lacking which I felt was important to have. It is important to me to be able to monitor the baby from my PC and this feature was totally lacking from my monitor. I would definitely add this feature to improve an otherwise excellent baby monitor.

Original review: March 13, 2018

The item was very durable and the cost was affordable at over one hundred and sixty dollars. Also, the size was easy to handle. The colors were very attractive but not stark. The brand was not heavy or cumbersome and it went all out to provide a quality product. Overall they did a pretty good job. This brand was one of the top five recommended brands and compares equally with the leading brands which were used. I would recommend this brand to all my friends and relatives.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I chose this brand because it was recommended on the internet. Many people liked it and they said good things about it. It is very easy and intuitive to use. I have no problems using it. It is good quality, it works well and I like it a lot. But it could have volume controls. Sometimes the volume is too low, and it is difficult to hear.

Original review: March 11, 2018

This is a really great monitor from a pretty decent small brand. I spent a little time looking at various monitor And reading the reviews for them. I chose this monitor because it was very inexpensive and had really great reviews on Amazon. It seemed like a very good value too. I like that the monitor allows me to use up to four cameras, had contrast and volume settings, and is a nice blue color. But I would like the picture quality to be a little bit better, and to be easier to see when the room is dark. Sometimes it is hard to tell where my child is in their bed.

Original review: March 10, 2018

The Infant Optics DXR-8 has a very intuitive, easy to set up and use interface. It has excellent video quality and the monitor battery lasted longer than the others we tried. But it has no web access and you also can't take snapshots or record video with this camera and monitor. Since it lacked these features the price is too high.

This was our fourth baby monitor having returned the first three. The first one was too hard to set up. The second one had too much interference to be useful. The third one's battery ran down in just a couple hours. Even though The Infant Optics DXR-8 was not our first choice and did not have all the features we wanted, it worked the best of all the ones we tried.

Original review: March 9, 2018

My experience with the baby monitor is very good. I chose it over others because I have read reviews and came to a conclusion that it is the best for me. I like it a lot and it is great to use. It has not broke down. It works very good and is the perfect size for me. The baby monitor has a great screen which is good for me being able to see what my baby is doing. It also has night mode which makes it easier to see at night time and isn't as bad as other monitors.

Original review: March 8, 2018

It works and less worry and stress of not hearing the baby if he/she wakes up at night. Experience was ok but only used once because it costs a lot and not everyone is rich so you should make it cheaper for the poor people to use this. It used battery too. I might have not used it just one time and sold not because it was a waste of money I could use for diapers.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I enjoyed most that it has video and audio capabilities. I especially enjoy that there is a video camera so that you can visually see that your child is doing well and check in on your baby without waking them. This really helps to keep my peace of mind. And if you are away from the video screen you can listen to the child via audio. But the version I have does not have a color camera which is something that I would like if I were to purchase another baby monitor in the future. It isn't a necessity though it would just help the picture of the child come in clearer.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I bought this monitor when my daughter got to the point that she could potentially climb out of but her crib. I wanted a monitor where I could see what she was doing during the night. My previous baby monitor only transmitted sound, so I needed something affordable that also allowed me to see her. I really liked how the monitor could be set up to stop transmitting sound and picture if it did not detect movement or noise after several minutes. The monitor is also able to recognize that a sound machine to music is just background noise and can be set up to stop transmitting this sound after several minutes. This not only saves electricity usage but also saves a parent's sanity!

This brand was within my price range and offered the features I needed to feel confident my daughter was safe during the night. My overall experience was positive although there were a few things I would change about it. This monitor worked great for us initially. We encountered some problems later on where the monitor wouldn't turn off sound/picture after several minutes of no movement or sound from the child. This bothered me during the night because it interrupted my sleep. It would also be nice if it could transmit over longer distances. We had some issues with it beeping "out of range" if we were at the opposite end of the house.

Original review: March 1, 2018

My friend and father recommended Infant Optics to me so I bought it. I had never heard of the brand before then. I like the ability to add extra monitors, had excellent hearing and viewing ranges, easy to use, the option to use power cord or battery, and it wasn't too expensive. Exceeded my expectations and I would recommend this product for a new parent or ones with more than one child. It was a useful and great product and I would use it again. But perhaps they can make it easier to switch between different cameras.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I chose the Infant Optics since it looked to be a good one. I just wish they had other colors besides white. They had it on display and so I was able to check it out. Also would be nice if had like a warning light or something when the batteries are getting low. But Infant Optics was easy to use and it worked great. I like that they had a volume button so that you could adjust how low or loud you wanted it. It worked better than expected and the batteries in it worked great. It was a great experience.

Infant Optics expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Infant Optics makes Amazon.com’s best-selling infant video monitor, the DXR-8. It retails for $167 and includes many convenient features.

• Interchangeable lens: This baby monitor is the first to have an interchangeable lens, so you can maintain a high-quality image while zooming in and out. You can choose from the normal 2x zoom or a wide lens. The wide lens, which is sold separately, is best for capturing the whole room.

• Remote pan, tilt and zoom: If you’re having trouble seeing your baby well, you can easily pan, zoom or tilt the camera remotely for a better view.

• Baby monitor with temperature sensor: You can monitor the temperature in your baby’s room. The DXR-8 will alert you if the room gets too cold or too hot.

• Compact, crisp monitor: The monitor has a compact 3.5-inch LCD display and a retractable antenna for crisp reception.

• Secure baby monitor connection: The 2.4-GHz transmission provides a secure digital connection, so you don’t have to worry about the loss of privacy.

• Best for: caregivers who want a reliable and customizable video monitor.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Infant Optics Company Information