4.38/5

Infant Optics Reviews

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My camera came with a defect in picture module which was all in grain. I’ve contacted the customer service. Base on the pictures that I shared Infant Optics agreed that this is a manufacturing defect, however refused to send a substitution based on the fact that I did not have all the papers (proof of purchase) that were requested. I never need that kind of stuff e.g. for Apple products. Resume: Infant Optics are oriented on processes, not on clients, which is a shame.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Infant Optics is a very reliable durable monitor. It had good reviews so we went with this one. It had the features that we wanted in a monitor. It has a clear picture with night vision and the temperature for the babies room. In addition, the sound quality is good. The price was high, but so worth it. Will recommend this brand to other parents looking to purchase a monitor.

Get expert buying tips about Baby Monitors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2018

There are so many good features on Infant Optics baby monitor. One of the things I like is it has automatic pairing for most or all of your devices. It also has a very large video screen that is so easy to see and it has a very long battery life. And also, the screen quality is really excellent. However, it is priced a little high. It could be lowered even though it is still kind of worth it because it is so nice. Also, there is a limited range on where you can reach with it. It still has decent range, though. Overall, I felt comforted and enjoyed using it.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Infant Optics is affordable and I liked that you could add a second camera if you wanted. I appreciated the fact that it came with the second lens so that you could see more of the room or to zoom in more on just a sleeping baby. I like the size of the monitor. It has a widescreen and the ability to see the whole room. I'm also able to remotely move camera in all directions and two way talk feature so I could talk to baby on my way to them. I also liked how you can see regular light and then night vision. It also tells the temperature that the room is which is helpful. I wish it had a longer charge on the monitor battery. I felt like I'm always charging it. I would also increase the range so I can take the dog out back to pee and still see baby. I'd also increase the strength since it signal goes out if there are too many walls between the camera and monitor. But overall my experience with this monitor has been great.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Infant Optics baby monitor is reliable, smooth, easy, user-friendly. We chose this brand because of the features it had for the price it has specifically video on our daughter's side. Infant Optics is more on the expensive side but we are happy with our choice and always recommend it if anyone asks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Infant Optics?

Original review: March 26, 2018

My overall experience with the baby monitor is great. I chose this brand because my daughter was using it and said it was great. I did some online research and saw many positive reviews. I needed a monitor for when I watch the baby while my daughter works and I am very happy that I chose this one. It has a 3.5 inch full color display and is sound activated. It has long battery life and has digital zoom with the optical zoom lens that is included. However, I would add the option to take pictures and record video. Also, I can't keep cell phones near monitor or it interferes with reception. I also wish it had a docking system for charging.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I chose this brand of baby monitor over other brands because it contains features that others did not. In fact, I feel that all of the features are appropriate and necessary. It also was affordable and received raving reviews from other parents who have used the product. I also like that it comes with an automatic voice activation power saving mode and a built-in audio shutoff module designed to eliminate any white noise or static when the sound level is below a predetermined level for 10 seconds.

Original review: March 19, 2018

The monitor treated us well and has worked when we needed it to. I liked that the video monitor did not use wifi... privacy is important to us and most video monitors use wifi. I also liked that range this monitor had. Easy to use and convenient too. But a better color picture would be nice. Also would be nice to have the monitor automatically switch cameras if a noise was heard when multiple cameras are in use. But would recommend it again to friends in search of a monitor.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I appreciate that I'm being able to see the infant clearly. The video quality is great, which is pretty important to the family I nanny for. The screen is also a nice size to see what I need to see. However, I wish I could remotely change the angle of the view. Also, their price is higher than others with the same video features. I personally would have chosen a cheaper option for my purposes.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Infant Optics has the highest quality brand for baby monitors because of the clear sound. The device is also very reliable and does not break easy. However, I would get a higher quality camera so you really know what's happening and you can keep a better eye on things and stay on top of them. An improvement would also to be to lower the price of the add-on cameras.

Infant Optics expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Infant Optics makes Amazon.com’s best-selling infant video monitor, the DXR-8. It retails for $167 and includes many convenient features.

• Interchangeable lens: This baby monitor is the first to have an interchangeable lens, so you can maintain a high-quality image while zooming in and out. You can choose from the normal 2x zoom or a wide lens. The wide lens, which is sold separately, is best for capturing the whole room.

• Remote pan, tilt and zoom: If you’re having trouble seeing your baby well, you can easily pan, zoom or tilt the camera remotely for a better view.

• Baby monitor with temperature sensor: You can monitor the temperature in your baby’s room. The DXR-8 will alert you if the room gets too cold or too hot.

• Compact, crisp monitor: The monitor has a compact 3.5-inch LCD display and a retractable antenna for crisp reception.

• Secure baby monitor connection: The 2.4-GHz transmission provides a secure digital connection, so you don’t have to worry about the loss of privacy.

• Best for: caregivers who want a reliable and customizable video monitor.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Infant Optics Company Information