4.59/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bugaboo is designed for parents on the move. Since 1994, Bugaboo has developed cutting-edge products designed to help you see the world, kids in tow, with style and ease. Bugaboo offers five unique stroller systems, several limited edition strollers, and a variety of accessories to fit your lifestyle whether that includes, travel or running, city or country, with one kid or two.

Move freely with Bugaboo.

Bugaboo Strollers Gallery (4)
View More View More

528 Bugaboo Strollers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 6, 2018

Purchasing the Bugaboo stroller online was easy. My wife did it and we got it quickly. She also assembled it very quickly. So far, we're very happy with the stroller. It's a good product for travelling.

Original review: June 27, 2018

We have one baby now and live in Chicago, so we're in the city, and a stroller is extremely important to us. We walk everywhere. And we do intend to have more children, and he likes the idea of side-by-side for two children and being able to have access to both of them. And in a lot of the other stroller options, often the smaller child has to be the lower child, and in some, the lower child was on the ground. And so, for us, we decided the side-by-side would give us access to both kids, and more importantly, give us the best access to the younger, smaller child.

My husband had done most of the purchasing and it went pretty smooth. We opted for the black frame over the silver. We thought it was more seamless with the black base of the fabric that we chose. And then we went with the blue mélange fabric. We're blue people in general, color-wise, and we thought it did have enough of denim that was gender-neutral 'cause we have a blue stroller for our baby girl. But we felt it was neutral, and it was something that would continue to go with us in the black base, if down the road, we need to get a second cover to expand. We felt like the black base would allow us to grow if we wanted a different colored top or whatever may come in the future.

Our biggest complaint is that it is heavy. We're on the first floor, but there are six stairs to get up into our place and so the weight to get it in and out of our building is not ideal. We had a C-section delivery, so I'm gonna be very delayed in being able to maneuver it myself. I won't be able to lift it until I get more clearance from the doctor. So that’s gonna kinda be a bummer. But we love the side carriage, like I've been putting the diaper bag in it. And outside of the weight, for the few walks we've been on, it's been pretty awesome.

Original review: June 26, 2018

My husband researched and he picked Bugaboo over another stroller. I loved that I got to design the Bugaboo Bee5 online. It was fun. But I had difficulty maneuvering a little bit and I got lost often when I was shopping through online. The stroller also was way overpriced but it has a great quality. I also love that the stroller maneuvers very easily and it has been really nice. I love that the handle part comes in handy where I just flip them open and my handle slides up and down. I also like that I do the two push buttons and pull up on the little white pieces and it just folds down easily. I can also put my kid in the car seat or I can change the two adaptors and put her bassinet on there.

But I’m still trying to get used to the Bee part. She’s starting to grow into the part where I’m actually gonna use the stroller portion part. I opt not to do it because the part folds down and then I have to pull it off and it doesn’t slide off as easy. For instance, when she’s in the car and I’m about to go into the store. I go and I get just the stroller portion then I pick her up from her car seat. And I don’t even have to unstrap her. I just put her, plop her right into the two adapters, and off we go. That’s very convenient versus me having to take her out and the stroller is attached and then, take her from the car seat into the stroller, and then re-strap her on.

Also if she’s asleep in her car seat, I don’t want to take her out of that. So, if the Bee part is inside the stroller and it’s not empty, then I have to fiddle with it, get it out and then put the adapters on which are easy. It’s just getting the Bee part out. It’s just a bit cumbersome the way that it’s designed. I don’t know how to make it better. I might just up that middle range stage because she’s gonna eventually grow out of that car seat. And she’ll sit the Bee much better but she’s in that transition phase. But my husband loves using the Bee and my 10-year old helps because it’s very easy. But my 64-year old father hasn't figured it out yet.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Initially during the purchasing process, it was a little confusing for me to try to figure out what I was getting and what everything offered. I tried to call but I couldn't get a hold of anybody. So I sat for five or ten minutes and really read and cleared out every little thing. Once I figured out the descriptions on the website, then it became clear. I purchased the Bugaboo Donkey 2 and I use it all the time.

I had the UPPAbaby and that one broke. But then it was way too close to each other to try to fit my two year old and my five months old son. Trying to fit them in the UPPAbaby stroller was a mess. I like the Uppababy for one child. On the other hand, I like that with the Bugaboo Donkey 2 I could have two bassinets if I wanted to or switch them out, flip the seats or make different arrangements. I wanted my kids to sit next to each other but facing towards me. I don't like the little baby facing away from me if I'm in a crowd and I can't cover him up. Bugaboo has the best option and it still fits through doorways. And if I want one stroller, I can make the Bugaboo smaller and still with the storage which is a huge thing for me.

It would be awesome however, if Bigaboo could figure out a way to keep the stroller attached while I put it in our SUV so all I have to do is lift it out. I saw a lady who had a stroller from a competitor brand and she was able to take her double-wide stroller and literally roll it right out on the ground. She had a bit of trouble doing it but she didn't have to take all the pieces out. So that would be neat and a really cool asset.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I was lucky my parents bought my husband and I the Bugaboo Donkey Twin for their first grandchildren, as well as all the different accessories, which is also important because living in New York City, the stroller was how you get around with your kids. What I loved about the product and the store as well was that it allowed you to come in and replace parts if they ever broke down and whenever there was an issue with the stroller. I had to replace the back wheel of my Donkey Twin three times because the tire kept going flat. I had to pay for it, but I was always able to replace it with no problems.

The other part of the product that I really liked was its versatility. I could change the canopy from the heavier canvas waterproof one to the lighter one for the summer that had more a screen. The only thing that I was really worried about was whether I would be able to fit into doorways. In older buildings in New York City, I couldn’t fit in through a couple of doors because the doors were narrower. I was also worried about the weight of the stroller. It is heavy. But at the end of the day, what mattered more than sort of my inconvenience was just the safety and security for my babies. And I continue to recommend Bugaboo strollers to everybody. I recently bought a Cameleon for my sister-in-law because she's expecting her first child next month. It wasn't cheap but it’s a great product and on top of that, it’s been a really good service-oriented experience as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bugaboo Strollers?

Original review: June 23, 2018

I bought the Bugaboo Donkey 2 and purchasing it online was very easy. I like it ‘cause I have twins and I like the double. It’s very good and it steers well. It also made it easier to go out.

Original review: June 23, 2018

When I was first researching the stroller, I had a hard time figuring out the difference between all of them. I thought the Bugaboo Donkey was totally different than the Mono. I didn’t realize it was just different sets of the same frame. But besides that, the website was really user-friendly. I liked their side-by-side. Also, I like the quality of the stroller and I would recommend Bugaboo.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I checked out different stroller brands in the store and the Bugaboo strollers are very sturdy. Bugaboo is the only other brand that was as well constructed as City Select and even has a nicer aesthetic. I made an order online and the purchase process was easy. I loved their customer service and it was such a big jump for me. I didn’t know there was a problem but they figured it out. They were very helpful and they called me to explain that something had gone wrong with my order. I wasn’t expecting the level of service where they got everything situated and taken care of then got me my product in the same time. I didn’t have to do anything or wait any longer. So, I was actually very impressed with that and I would recommend them highly just off that. Let alone the fact that they make a great product. I got the Bugaboo Donkey2 since it can grow if we have another kid. I put it together and everything was straight.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Bugaboo is something that I had heard over the years that was the best of the best and I wanted to get that for my friend. And then after going to their website, they have some really great videos out there where they demonstrate how their strollers are so versatile. You can do so many things with them and there are a lot of options. That convinced me to go with Bugaboo too.

Bugaboo's website was easy to navigate and I could see the way that they had things classified with the different models. It was easy for me to pinpoint what I thought would be useful for her. For instance, I knew she wouldn’t want just a jogger stroller. And I could easily tell from the website that this is their jogger stroller. This is the stroller for when your child gets older and then you need to put another one in the stroller. But I had to make one call because when I was online, I was uncertain about a couple of choices that I was making. I was trying to make sure that this particular model of Bugaboo that I was purchasing was correct for the car seat that my friend was buying. And the reps were able to walk me through that and it was fine. I purchased the Bugaboo Cameleon 3 as a gift for my friend.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I love Bugaboo and this purchase was no exception. The online purchase was quick and easy and shipping was fast. I love my replacement foam tires for my Donkey - so nice not to have to pump up the tires or worry about a flat tire.

Original review: June 20, 2018

We recommend Bugaboo. Their strollers are the best and they are more reliable. My wife likes the Bugaboo B5 as it’s smaller. We purchased it online and the process was very easy. Then, we received everything.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I recently purchased a Cameleon 3 from Bugaboo. Prior to making the purchase, I knew exactly what I wanted and the color combinations. I intended to put the stroller in my car and I wanted the most minimal features. Also, I've had one before with my eldest daughter seven years ago and I really enjoyed using it. Back then, I had the Bee and the Cameleon and this time, I went with the latter as the Bee didn't work well long-term for us while the Cameleon held up better and was more sturdy. It took me five to ten minutes to order it. I've always liked the Bugaboo brand. I think it's a really good stroller and it's good for all terrains. I live in the suburbs and our sidewalks aren't always even.

Our Bugaboo stroller looks good and it's great for the baby. Since she's little, I've got it on the newborn setting. When we went out, it was really sunny, so it was good to be able turn the handlebar to the reverse and push the baby away from me so her face wasn't in the sun. Also, the canopy is super large and it keeps her protected as well. I really enjoy pushing it around and it makes me feel happy.

However, I think the Cameleon can improve by having some sort of button collapse feature because that's my only concern when traveling. It is a bit cumbersome because it's two parts that I have to take apart. I have to push it in with both hands, push it out to get off the bassinet, and then I have to turn the thing in reverse. I can't do that especially if I have another child that I'm trying to keep a hold of. Doing away with the two-part unit for the Cameleon and making it a bit more collapsible-friendly would be great. Though it can be cumbersome for people to travel in and out of a car or go into the city on the subway, I would still definitely recommend Bugaboo strollers to friends.

Original review: June 18, 2018

We received the Bugaboo Cameleon 3 Plus stroller I purchased online. During the purchase, everything was explained perfectly. We are expecting to have a baby in a couple of weeks and so we tried all the strollers. We were between Bugaboo and UPPAbaby, and we felt that the quality was better with the former. We liked the tires and the way it was maneuvering. Overall, the experience was better even though the price was slightly more expensive. Also, we didn’t open the sun canopy yet, and we want to replace it with a different color.

Original review: June 17, 2018

One of our friends in the UK had a Bugaboo stroller and she highly recommended it. We bought a Bugaboo Donkey 2. And we couldn't find one anywhere at a brick and mortar store, which wasn't great because we wanted to try it out and see how it felt. But we just had to take a chance on it and return it if it wasn't acceptable. Purchasing online was okay, but the website is a little heavy in the way that it renders the graphics. There were a few times that it hung up on us and we had to restart the page. Also, some of the options were out of stock.

We're happy with our Bugaboo stroller. Its looks and functionality are really good. We have twins, so it's big, but that's inevitable. The cargo storage underneath is small and not necessarily so easy to get to. And then, the stroller is still huge after folding it up to put it in the back of the car, so one needs a really big car. But it lets us get out a lot and go on a walk in the park, which is really good. The price is so high, though. And compared to what I thought was the next best product, it's three times the price and I'm in a position where I can afford it but not a lot of people probably can. And as an engineer myself, I run a team that builds products. We're very customer-obsessed and we drive very hard to optimizing for cost so that customers can afford a product. And I would think that that should be a priority for Bugaboo, too.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The Bugaboo Cameleon 3 was the most expensive stroller I could find but the design was modern and I liked it. So, I ordered one from their website and it was easy and seamless. The hardest part about the whole process was putting the stroller together which took an entire day. Their instructions are horrible and I had to commission a third party to come and do it for me. There was no way I could do it on my own. Then, I still have the wheels done wrong and I need to go back and redo the whole thing. Other than that, everything seems fine. The stroller looks very nice in the house and the quality looks great.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Bugaboo is a good company and I would tell my friends about it. l purchased their Donkey 2 stroller online as a gift for my cousin's baby and it looks nice.

Original review: June 15, 2018

We initially got a City Mini GT but we decided to give it away because our child's view is blocked on it. With the Bugaboo Bee, she can actually see what's going on. Buying the Bugaboo Bee5 online was straightforward. We were looking at the Fox for a while, but with the things we did in New York, we wanted to have something that is almost like an umbrella stroller, but better. The Bugaboo Bee5 is smaller and more portable. The only thing is when I purchased it, it came with the cover in case it rains, and that is not very user-friendly. It would be better if it was integrated. Everything else is good other than that.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I like purchasing from the Bugaboo site directly because it was a lot easier than purchasing on a third party site. I was looking on Pish Posh and Magic Beans and they would not have one of the canopies that I wanted. Whereas ordering from Bugaboo site directly, everything was there in one place. It was nice to be able to have those extra different styles and I was able to order the special edition canopies. Everything went smoothly.

Before I had to get the double stroller, I had the Bugaboo Buffalo. I really liked it. It’s one of the best strollers in the market right now. It’s very smooth and the ride for my child seems a lot smoother too. He seems more comfortable whenever I do take the Buffalo out for him. Bugaboo strollers are a little bit on the heavier side than the other strollers that I do have, but we always keep it in hand in case we’re going to places like Disneyland or somewhere where they’re going to be sitting on the stroller for a long time. We always make sure that we take the Bugaboo stroller. They’re reliable. They make life easier and it’s a lot easier for the child too. Also, I like to nap my children in a Bugaboo stroller more than the other stroller because I know that it’s more comfortable.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I work in advertising and I had Bugaboo as a client a couple of years back so I decided to go with them when I bought a stroller. I bought a Cameleon 3 Plus online. I used a little tool that you can see the configurations and the different colors. It was pretty simple to use and I decided on the Cameleon because I know it’s pretty versatile and picked-up a few accessories like the designer canopy accessory. The stroller was simple to put together and it's expensive but we like it. It’s pretty soft that it bounces softly when you go over some potholes. But when we stroll in a really flat surface, it feels like it’s latching on something. It has some frictions and I thought to contact Bugaboo about it to see if that’s normal or not. Other than that, it’s easy to maneuver and so it’s pretty easy to stroll around.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We wanted the top-of-the-line type stroller and when we researched Bugaboo Strollers, they seemed to have the best in the market. We purchased two Bugaboo Donkey 2, a single and then a double because we're having another baby. We did it online and it was a perfect experience. The look of the stroller and the way it handles are really good, which are what we like the most about it. I love our Bugaboo strollers.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My sister received a Bugaboo stroller for her baby shower and I had a previously owned Cameleon that I bought from eBay. And since I have a three-year-old and a two-month-old and I didn't wanna go with any other brand, I decided to get the double-stroller. I purchased a Bugaboo Donkey 2 online and the purchasing process was easy. The website told me when they had the parts, so I had to wait a week and then I was able to get it. With the Donkey 2, it has been much easier to carry both kids. My three-year-old would not get on before, but now, he wants to be on the stroller and buckled in at all times. The Bugaboo is good and I love it. It fits perfectly through my doorway. And it's not humongous compared to the double-strollers that I've seen from other brands. It works great and it’s easy to assemble. Others need to get a Bugaboo stroller, too. Life is so much easier with it.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I purchased the Bugaboo Donkey2 and my experience was good. But for some reason, I ordered two strollers. I got them to take care of it but right now, I'm still waiting for the refund for the second stroller. I emailed Bugaboo a few times, but I didn’t really get responses. So, the communication could be better and it's taking a while to get a refund, although that was more of an issue with FedEx. The return process was a bit of a hassle. Bugaboo told FedEx to return my new strollers and they sent me half of one. Then it took forever for them to come pick up the second box.

Other than that, building the stroller online was simple and it took me about a half hour to put it together. I did it by myself while pregnant, so it wasn’t bad. I’m planning on having another kid soon when my baby’s a year old and it is the only stroller that has that feature that I like. I can use it as a single stroller right now and it expands to a double. It looks very pretty and I love it.

Original review: June 11, 2018

My wife did some research and Bugaboo came out as one of the top five reviewed things. Purchasing the Cameleon 3 Plus online though was not a good experience. The website was not very good as it would just freeze and crash. When we started to customize the stroller, it would freeze at some point so we had to do that about four times. The experience was not bad by any means but it was not super easy. We explored getting the stroller on Amazon but that did not have as many options as the Bugaboo website did.

We like the Bugaboo stroller so far. It looks pretty beautiful and sleek. We are in a city apartment, so we have to go down a flight of stairs every time we take the baby out. My wife cannot do it, but I can do it with a little bit of hassle, with the frame and the bassinet, so it's pretty good. Also, its functionality is pretty good. The bassinet seems to be huge but it could be a little better. Its Velcro thing was not quite working out. I had to do that many times until it started looking right. Also, the canopy on the bassinet is not perfect. But the frame is very light and installing it was good.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My boss wanted to give a Bugaboo Donkey 2 stroller as a gift. She forwarded me the information and told me to order it. Purchasing it online was very easy and the shipping was great. I got confirmation and everything went well. Also, building the stroller was pretty simple and to the point.

Original review: June 9, 2018

My son has some medical issues so we usually have quite a bit of medical supplies that we have to take with us. And I saw the Donkey 2's storage would definitely help us with all that we have to carry for him so I purchased it online. It was really easy to put it together online. You could pick out what you wanted and it was really simple and fast. However, we live in a smaller house so when it got to our house, our living room was full of boxes. I spent a good two hours just cutting them up and I finally fit them in one box. Otherwise, it would’ve taken two weeks for the trashman to get it all out.

I love our Bugaboo stroller. I like that I could turn the seat around because sometimes when he’s really sick and we go to the hospital, I get really nervous about him facing out. And so I’m able to turn him around and face him towards us. He has a low immune system, so we’re really careful with him. But I like that it doesn’t hinder us on going anywhere. In fact, we just got back from spending the weekend in Denver and we took it with us as well as the supplies and normal stuff for a two year old, and we’ve never had a problem anywhere. Even in the smallest doorways where people were there, the stroller fit right through. We went to the zoo, an aquarium and to a children’s museum. We were out and about a lot and so we had to make sure we had a good amount of stuff with us for our son. And we were able to fit everything on there and it was just great. I could even hide my wallet if I needed to. And, we got a lot of compliments on it too.

Original review: June 8, 2018

When I heard from people that they were really happy with Bugaboo Strollers, I tried out some of the strollers and I decided to go with Bugaboo. I purchased directly from the Bugaboo website and it was very easy to find what I wanted. I got the Bugaboo Cameleon 3 Fresh Collection stroller in sky blue, which I chose for its size, color, and model. I use the stroller on a daily basis. It's great and I enjoy it. I've been very happy with my experience with Bugaboo Strollers.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I purchased a Cameleon 3 online from Bugaboo. Looking through their website was very convenient. Upon getting the stroller, I've liked everything except the storage area at the bottom. Everything except this has been perfect. Other people should buy Bugaboo strollers.

Original review: June 5, 2018

My friend had a Bugaboo Cameleon 3 before. I liked it and wanted the whole bassinet. I got online through Bugaboo's website. The Cameleon 3 is very lightweight, has suspensions, and is very maneuverable. However, it's very low. When the bassinet is on, you barely fit anything in the storage. Nevertheless, it's a great stroller and I would recommend it.

Original review: June 2, 2018

A couple of my friends have a Bugaboo Stroller and had a great experience so I got it. I already had a bunch of parts and I just had to get the main part of it. I called customer service and the rep helped me figure out which one I needed and I purchased it online. With the Donkey Plus, I can have both my kids in it at the same time and it glides so smoothly. The only downfall is it's just kinda heavy. Get Bugaboo if you're considering it.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I didn’t receive my Bugaboo stroller and it says it was delivered. It says it was signed for with my last name. But that’s not possible because it was in the middle of the day on a weekday and we worked. So it would have been through my nanny and she has a different last name. I get a lot of deliveries. We do all our shopping online and I do have this problem with Amazon a lot. This never happens with UPS because the same guy’s always delivering. But the FedEx guys, they switched them out a lot and they’re not so responsible. So this is not the first time I’ve had this with FedEx.

I called Bugaboo and they were like, “We’re gonna see if we can help you.” I was like, “Really? If? If you don’t help me, then I would have to dispute the charge.” This is really a mess because I got this one and the Mima to compare which I want to keep. The Mima came and I like it. So I want to keep that one. Now, I don’t even want Bugaboo. It really sucks. It was a lot of money. So I'm dissatisfied.

Bugaboo Strollers Company Information