4.67/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bugaboo is designed for parents on the move. Since 1994, Bugaboo has developed cutting-edge products designed to help you see the world, kids in tow, with style and ease. Bugaboo offers five unique stroller systems, several limited edition strollers, and a variety of accessories to fit your lifestyle whether that includes, travel or running, city or country, with one kid or two.

Move freely with Bugaboo.

539 Bugaboo Strollers Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 23, 2019

Bugaboo's website is one of the most beautiful websites I have ever seen. It's super easy to pick what I want. I can move the stroller around and drag/drop my mouse to get a 360 view of the stroller. Also, there is a ton of videos that Bugaboo put out on how to use my stroller and how to set it up. I felt like I had a good idea of what my stroller was even though I had ordered a different model.

I got the new Bugaboo Fox as I wanted a specific color of frame, the little sunshade, wheels and grips. I waited for six months until things got back into stock as I didn't wanna buy any stroller that was of the stock colors. While I wish it was in stock earlier, I knew it was a really popular stroller and it was brand new so I understand why they sold out of some options. I could have ordered the stroller earlier but then I wouldn't have been able to get the colors and options I wanted. Still, I love the stroller and it's super easy to use. This is my second stroller from them for my second child and they're of such good quality and they look good. They fold easily into teeny sizes and they're perfect. I'm super happy.

However, the Bugaboo strollers are extremely hard to assemble and they come in different little boxes. They edited their online tutorial of how to put the stroller together in a way that shows it's really easy. The video moves so fast such that the viewer would ask what was done and what was put where. It took five hours to set the stroller up with multiple people looking at it trying to figure out how to get everything to fit. I paid almost $1800 for the stroller and so I wish it was a little more put together or that Bugaboo would have an option to have someone put it together for me. Still, I think this is because I customized everything from the frame to the color of the inside of the wheels.

I've watched my friends use their strollers and I find that mine handles the best. It moves and maneuvers the best and folds up super well. It's very easy to store and easy to load up into my car. It's two buttons that I push to fold the stroller up and it just collapses on itself. I have the best working stroller and I'm super happy with that. It’s nice to be able to get out and have my hands free. I take it shopping with me sometimes when I have to run to Target or something. Instead of putting my baby in a shopping cart with germs, I’ll just load her up in a stroller and put my purchases down below. Additionally, it's nice to have my hands free rather than holding a baby. I hope a lot of people get a Bugaboo Stroller and enjoy it.

Get expert buying tips about Strollers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Purchasing the Bee5 ALU online was easy and it was shipped out quickly. We were going on a vacation to Paris and we were worried we won’t get it in time, but the stroller arrived way sooner than we thought we would. So far, we're happy with the stroller. It maneuvers well. We took it all over Paris. When one of the adjustments to the handle was not locking in place, Bugaboo sent out a part when we contacted them. But the part didn’t work, so they sent out the new frame for it and that did the trick.

This is our second Bugaboo stroller. We also had a Donkey at home that we got since we’re planning on having two kids. It was the best convertible stroller that we found and then, we like the product so much that we stuck with it when we decided to get a travel stroller. My favorite thing about the Donkey and the Bee are the wheels. The wheels are so smooth, I never have any problems. I had trouble inflating them once though. I couldn’t find the tool for it so I ended up using a regular bike pump. But otherwise, we love the stroller. Everything is great.

I like the indoor carriage, plenty of room there, but it never gets in the way. The brake is convenient too. I never have to search for it. I just know where it is automatically with my foot. Also, I can take the Donkey on trails. There are very few other strollers that I see around where you can actually go on a mulch or a gravel trail and the kid stays comfortable. Overall, Bugaboo has high-quality strollers and great customer service.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Two years ago, we purchased a Bugaboo Cameleon and at that time, we were living in New York City. We wanted a stroller that was very urban friendly for us to be walking through a big city and taking it to a lot of places. Now, we have a two-year-old and a newborn and since we liked the Bugaboo features, I stuck with the same brand to get the double. We like the side-by-side design of the Donkey² versus stacking the two kids on top of each other. And it was easy to go through the purchase process and pick out the colors. However, we expected the Donkey² to have the exact same features as the Cameleon, just with two. But I was a little disappointed with some of the features on the Donkey.

It looks like Bugaboo was taking a less expensive route and some of the features were skimped on. For example, the Cameleon's bassinet has a zipper cover whereas on the Donkey, it's Velcro which is cheaper. Plus our newborn kicks his feet a lot and he kicks the cover off. And across those, the bassinet and the toddler’s feet, there’s a bar. On the Cameleon, you can unlatch one side and turn the handle, keeping it fastened to the stroller. But with the Donkey, there isn’t a turn lever feature. You have to take the whole thing off and then you have to put the bar somewhere 'cause it's completely disconnected. We miss that feature of the Cameleon versus what is in the Donkey. The one on the Donkey makes it difficult to get the kids out.

Also, to put the brake, the Donkey has a foot pedal whereas the Cameleon had a lever on the handlebar. That was easier to use and I appreciated that more. The installation of the canopy on the Donkey was also harder. With the Cameleon, it was really easy. There were two brackets that you could see through and they connected easily. But with the Donkey, there are three brackets and that becomes a pain because we also switch the canopy out from summer to winter. For summer, we have a lighter canopy and for winter, we use a heavier, solid one.

One other recommendation that I would make to Bugaboo is the ability to convert any single stroller to a double. The Cameleon won't convert to a two-seater and although there is a kickstand that you can get with the little canopy on the back, our two-year-old’s a bit too young for that. We still want to be able to strap him in to go places. The Donkey has the ability to go to a single with a little side basket then you can make it wider because the double's the best way for it. But when we had our first child, the Donkey was a bit more expensive and we didn’t know how soon we would have another kid. The Donkey’s bigger too and we didn’t the storage space for it. We're a little bit disappointed with the double but it’s still a nice stroller and Bugaboo does have excellent quality.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I shopped around a fair amount because it was a big purchase but I felt best about going through Bugaboo. I liked the accessories that they have to go with the strollers and it seemed to have everything that I might need that would come up as we go along. I got a Bugaboo Cameleon 3 and the purchase experience was good. I made it online and it was extremely easy. It took some research to understand the difference between the various strollers, but I realized that I wanted to go with the complete set because I wanted the bassinet to go with it. So, I ended up with the Kite complete set which seems to be treating us well.

We've been using it for a week and a half. I'm surprised it doesn’t fold down quite as small and the space it takes up in the back of my car which is a Suburban which is pretty large. But overall, we love it. What I really wanted was the bassinet that my baby can lay down in. He is so happy in it. We're out in the heat of the day and just out for so many hours like what he really needed to be and he would lie down appropriately in the bassinet. So, I was really pleased that Bugaboo had that option. Also, we were missing the muslin blanket that was supposed to be included and the customer service rep was extremely nice, very quick, and helpful even though I had a screaming baby and a barking dog and everything else going on in the background. I'm pleased with their customer service so far.

It seems like it's really expensive at first but it's well worth it. We have the jogging strollers and we have bouncing strollers and everything that was also fairly expensive but it didn’t offer the bassinet. The bassinet is actually really important for this newborn phase and I know I'll appreciate it later on being able to use the mobility of the regular seat as well with going places. I sold a few other strollers that were my go-to shopping strollers when I decided to make the Bugaboo purchase and I'm really excited that I have the Bugaboo. I had a whole fleet of strollers and I probably should have just gone with the Bugaboo back when we had a baby in 2009. I would tell others to go ahead and get it. It's worth the investment.

Original review: June 27, 2018

We have one baby now and live in Chicago, so we're in the city, and a stroller is extremely important to us. We walk everywhere. And we do intend to have more children, and he likes the idea of side-by-side for two children and being able to have access to both of them. And in a lot of the other stroller options, often the smaller child has to be the lower child, and in some, the lower child was on the ground. And so, for us, we decided the side-by-side would give us access to both kids, and more importantly, give us the best access to the younger, smaller child.

My husband had done most of the purchasing and it went pretty smooth. We opted for the black frame over the silver. We thought it was more seamless with the black base of the fabric that we chose. And then we went with the blue mélange fabric. We're blue people in general, color-wise, and we thought it did have enough of denim that was gender-neutral 'cause we have a blue stroller for our baby girl. But we felt it was neutral, and it was something that would continue to go with us in the black base, if down the road, we need to get a second cover to expand. We felt like the black base would allow us to grow if we wanted a different colored top or whatever may come in the future.

Our biggest complaint is that it is heavy. We're on the first floor, but there are six stairs to get up into our place and so the weight to get it in and out of our building is not ideal. We had a C-section delivery, so I'm gonna be very delayed in being able to maneuver it myself. I won't be able to lift it until I get more clearance from the doctor. So that’s gonna kinda be a bummer. But we love the side carriage, like I've been putting the diaper bag in it. And outside of the weight, for the few walks we've been on, it's been pretty awesome.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bugaboo Strollers?

Original review: June 21, 2019

The Bugaboo is good. We have several Bugaboo strollers and the process of building has been easy. It took five minutes for the Donkey. And the Bee was already assembled. It was just choosing the color. I like the style of the strollers. I like the look of it and it’s easy to fold. The Donkey, I don't love as much because it’s three pieces, and it’s kinda bulky and big. But my Bee, I love just because it’s easy to throw in the car, and you can close it with one hand. The cost of Bugaboo is equal to the quality. It’s more expensive than other strollers, but it has lasted a long time.

Original review: June 18, 2019

We purchased a Bugaboo Bee online, which was easy to do, and the stroller is working good. However, the frame that they make is an old one and there's a problem with it.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I purchased a Bugaboo Donkey2 side luggage basket as my wife was really interested in it. An older version was out of stock, which was inconvenient, but overall it was fine. My wife loves it. It's really easy to push around, so we enjoy it. We also like that it can become a double-stroller. It's a great quality stroller.

Original review: June 10, 2019

We heard very good information about Bugaboo from my wife’s friend. They gave a very good information about this carriage. It’s a very good carriage. My wife and I like it and we also like that we can order parts on the computer. We already bought these two parts, and so, we don’t have to buy a new carriage. We just replace the parts that are wrong. So, this is very good. The quality is very good as well. The Bugaboo carriage is expensive, but it seems to me that it’s a good investment.

We recently purchased a part that connects the hood to the carriage. We did it on the computer and it came out that the credit card payment was an error. So, I ordered again, but at the end, it came two times. So, I sent back one and they gave me back the money on the card. Everything is fine. We put the part on the carriage, and the carriage is working perfectly.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I have a few Bugaboo products. I have the Donkey, the Cameleon, and the canopy types. I love the products. I wish their costs were a little bit less, but they've been great products so far. When we got pregnant with our second kid, we went for the larger size. My son is still young enough that we need two seats in the stroller. Bugaboo's purchasing process was super easy, and their customer service has been super easy and great.

The way the Bugaboo drives is really smooth. The ease to be able to collapse and the functionality for interchanging things out were my main drivers. Also, the style of the stroller and the functionality are really high. But the biggest component for me is that it never breaks down. It works really smoothly. I'm never struggling with it. So, that's why we are willing to pay the higher cost for it. Owning a Bugaboo Stroller helped make it a streamlined process from in and out of the car to going different places. It's smooth. One of the things that's great is like the adaptors that they have with other car seats. My experience has been great so far.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Bugaboo is the only one I found that has a side-by-side, just for two kids. The product is very maneuverable and purchasing it was very good.

Original review: June 7, 2019

My old employer ordered Bugaboo for her children and then she passed it over to me. It’s super easy to use and I love it. I really like how the handle adjusts because I’m tall and I have short arms. And I like that it rides very smoothly versus other cheaper brands that I’ve used. It also collapses into something very small and I love that. My only negative about it is that there’s not a lot of storage, and with the inner tubes on the tires, this is the second time I’ve had to replace them. But purchasing was super easy. I found exactly what I wanted pretty quickly and then it shipped within just a couple of days.

Original review: May 15, 2019

It was pretty easy to order from the Bugaboo online store and we received it five days from the purchase date. We love the stroller. The baby loves it too. It is a high quality stroller and it is very easy to use. I would recommend the stroller.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We live downtown, so we walk a lot everywhere, and I read about the ease of use of the Bugaboo stroller and the wheels with the terrain if it’s one that you’re gonna be using for walking and not for traveling. So, we got their Cameleon stroller. Purchasing the stroller was super easy and straightforward. I just went online and filled out my information. The shipment was easy too. I was able to build the stroller and put it together within an hour. Then we recently switched from the bassinet to the stroller seat and that was easy as well. The stroller is big, though, and it’s definitely not easy to put in the back of the car and take somewhere, but we walk with it and we don’t usually take it anywhere.

Although this stroller is super expensive, the quality is holding up. So far, there's no wear and tear on it and I hope to be able to use it for any future children without having to make another investment. But the only complaint I have is with the canopy which always detaches from the stroller seat. I wish that it was easier to stay on or more user-friendly. Other than that, I’m super happy with the stroller and we use it every single day.

Original review: April 25, 2019

A friend recommended Bugaboo Strollers and my most recent purchase from Bugaboo was the Cameleon. I also bought some accessories like the drinking cup holder, the little sun canopy, and the little wool seat liner that my baby loves. The purchase process was all online and it was easy. The stroller is super easy to use. I am a 48-year-old mom and my back is always trying to keep up. I like the ease of it and I like all the parts. It went from bassinet to now stroller. It is ergonomically friendly and I like it. The price was high, but my friend said it was worth it, and I agree.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I'm a 9 months pregnant woman who decided to splurge on a luxury stroller. The Bugaboo team literally sent me someone else's returned stroller, along with their returned slip in it. They are STILL investigating my case even though I've sent all of the photos they've asked for. I've since called back every day to get an update on the status. But each time when I call, each agent would quote me 24-48 hours. Apparently, this case has been escalated 3 times, and I've yet to hear back from anyone. It's infuriating to get on the phone with a customer service rep, to hear the same recycled answer. No one is able to escalate my call to a LIVE person. One agent actually lied and said he would get back to me on Monday, and it turned out he was out of the office on Monday when I called back to get a status update. I wish I could go back in time and purchase ANYTHING but the Bugaboo stroller.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I recently purchased a Bugaboo Bee stroller online and the purchase process was easy. My sister bought the same stroller and she loved it, so we wanted to get what she had. It's the best stroller on the market, that’s why we went with it and there’s nothing that compares.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

This was the second time that I bought a Bugaboo stroller so it was easy. I did it online and it was actually nice. It was easy for me to see the different things they had for the stroller. It was more fun too. The first time I bought a Bugaboo stroller was at Toys R Us and they didn’t have many options. They gave us the choice to go online and have it sent. But it was our first stroller and we wanted to make it easy. The first stroller lasted for three years until the wheels got a little bit tired. But it was great and what I liked about it was all it needed was the extra wheel. We could also buy extra stuff, like what we need. But my husband didn’t want to make our second baby feel less than her sister. So we bought another one instead of just getting the wheel.

We got the Bugaboo Bee and it is really nice. I live in New York and it’s really easy for me to carry on the trains. Even if I have the baby, I can carry the whole thing together and go upstairs and downstairs. I also live in a three-floor apartment and because the stroller is really small, it's easy and really practical for me. My parents also gifted us something that goes on the back of the stroller that would let my four-year-old stand up on it. I love the stroller and if I had to buy another one, it would be this one again.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I live in a walk-up and needed a stroller that was quickly collapsible and very light. I liked the weight of the Bugaboo Bee5. Purchasing it online was very easy. I picked the color and went with the recommended parts. It’s a really good product. It’s solid, sturdy, and has a good shock system. However, the seat itself is a little low to the ground and could be slightly higher. I’ve used it going in the airport and it has done well.

I have a friend that has a Bugaboo Bee3 and she has a second child now. She is using the accessory with the kickboard. With the kickboard, you have to position yourself a bit off-center to the side because you can’t walk easily and have a three-year-old child on the kickboard as you’re walking. An optimization of the attachment for the second child would be preferable and they should make the seat a bit more comfortable.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I bought a Bugaboo stroller online and it wasn't easy to find what I needed but the website was very easy to navigate. I've always loved the Bugaboo Bee. I have three kids and number three got the Bugaboo Bee. The other ones had the UPPAbaby. I’m in my car a lot so I needed something a bit smaller that I could maneuver around -- something not so big and bulky. Also I like pushing a smaller kind of carriage. Large strollers are nice but it’s harder to navigate.

But the Bugaboo Bee is expensive. The bigger strollers are priced the same as this stroller. But the quality is great once I figured out how to open and close it and everything gets smoother. The Bee though is a smaller stroller so it should not have been as expensive as the larger strollers. But when we’ve travelled with the Bee to Israel it was pretty smooth getting it back and forth. It’s nice to travel with it and it has got a really good style. Bugaboo is very pleasant to work with and I’m very much enjoying the stroller.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I went to the Nordstrom website and finished the purchase of my Bugaboo Bee 5 Stroller there. However, assembling the stroller was a bit difficult. Even though my husband did it, I still feel that it was a little bit complicated. He had issues with the seat and after I purchased another sun canopy to put on it, it looked really weird after he finished. He checked every part, but it still didn’t look right. But the stroller has been functioning well.

I actually bought the Stokke Trailz because I can adjust the height. But the Bugaboo Bee 5 is much smaller so it's easier to carry. I've been using both of them. I've recommended both strollers to one of my friends who will be due in October. If Bugaboo has a standing board for the toddlers who cannot walk yet which is safe for the baby to stand in, that would be better because now my son can walk pretty well. Before that, he has been crawling everywhere. He's not comfortable with just staying in the stroller with the straps and everything so he would like to come down on the ground. None of the stroller brands have that feature yet.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I recently purchased a Bugaboo Bee 5 online. I liked the model because it isn't too big. I was choosing between this model and the one that goes in the plane. Still, the one I got works well. All the strollers from Bugaboo are expensive but what made mine expensive is because I bought the bassinet as well. If I just bought the seat, it would've been much cheaper, but I bought the whole thing. Aside from that, the stroller does what it has to do and I'm happy with the purchase.

Original review: July 27, 2018

When my wife uses our bubblegum pink Bugaboo Stoller, people have been stopping her and telling her how nice it is. My wife knew exactly what she wanted when we purchased it online and I built it up for her. The stroller has an amazing style and you don’t have to be a scientist to build it. After the frame is put up, you choose if you want the bassinet and eventually it’s easy and simple.

Original review: July 26, 2018

At first, I went to Buy Buy Baby because I wanted their 4moms stroller. But then, not too many people liked it. Instead, they liked UPPAbaby or Bugaboo. I went with the latter as it was lightweight and easy to travel around with. I ordered directly from their website and it was easy. Since getting the stroller, I've liked it and I think it's worth it. Bugaboo is a good stroller company.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Purchasing a Bugaboo stroller online was easy to do. Their site was very straightforward of what we can and cannot have and showed exactly what we needed when we were building it. We bought the Donkey2 due to its good size and the availability of customization that Bugaboo offered. We like the stroller's movability. We’ve only tried it a little but we’re super excited to have it since, with the Donkey, we can have the availability to have two in the future. Although the Bugaboo stroller is an investment, it’s totally worth it.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I had the Orbit stroller for my first daughter and I thought they didn't make it anymore. Now that we'll have two daughters, I looked for a double and Bugaboo Donkey2 stroller looked nice. I like that this one could be like a two-stroller but you can also collapse it into one with the little storage basket. It's so versatile. Purchasing it was super easy, I did it on their website. I like that you could customize it. In fact, I chose the olive-green color. It was cool that they offered that. It also shipped super fast. In addition, they have all the videos so I could see how easy it was to fold. And although I was a little nervous cause I wasn't able to test it out before I bought it, I’m so happy with how the Donkey2 rides.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Bugaboo was recommended by our friend and we recently purchased a Bugaboo Bee5 in ALU. The online purchasing process was fast. The stroller is nice, light, and stable. It also has high quality. We still use it until now, so everything is going well. It is really helpful. Bugaboo is the only choice we have to recommend.

Original review: July 22, 2018

The Bugaboo 5 stroller’s functionality is amazing. It’s easy and practical and I don’t have to really push it to go. It’s easier to carry around too. I love its style. A lot of people like the stroller too and they ask about it. I’m just having a little bit of an issue with the stroller when I’m closing it. Usually, it stays together when I close it because the seat is to the front, looking at the baby, looking at me and when I close it, the seat keeps coming out. In order to open it, I have to remove the chair. But Bugaboo is the best and now that they've improved, it’s even better.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I bought Bugaboo Donkey2 as a gift for someone, and purchasing it was very easy. They shipped it to the person I was giving it for and it arrived on time. I the

built it with somebody.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Bugaboo Strollers were lightweight compared to the rest of the other brands and I also liked the design. It was very easy to purchase online. You can customize the stroller, but you have to buy all the accessories for it. Other than that, it is very functional and I really enjoy it. I never regret getting one and I've recommended Bugaboo Strollers to a couple of my friends that are pregnant.

Bugaboo Strollers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bugaboo is a Dutch company that was founded in 1999. The original design of a modular stroller that can be used and taken anywhere remains the core of their business. Find Bugaboo strollers at major retailers around the world and online.

• Customize your design: Choose your stroller’s frame, canopy color and seat color for a totally customizable experience. Strollers are available in up to 64 unique color combinations.

• Mono, duo and twin options: The Bugaboo Donkey stroller is available for one child, two children of different ages/sizes or for twins. There are 17 unique configurations, allowing for the ultimate in flexibility for parents and caregivers.

• All terrain option: Ideal for parents and caregivers who vary the terrain they take their strollers on, the Bugaboo Buffalo has is designed for all-terrain performance. This stroller grows with your child, taking you from infant to toddler with a bassinet that converts to a seat.

• Runner stroller: The Bugaboo Runner is available as either a complete jogging stroller or as an easy click-and-go accessory for current Bugaboo owners. The seat of the complete jogging stroller is reversible.

• Accessories: Add accessories to your Bugaboo to complete the stroller experience and keep your child comfortable in all types of weather. There are many accessories available, including an organizer, smart phone holder, sun canopy, tray, footmuff, mosquito net and more.

• Best for: Bugaboo strollers are best for parents and caregivers looking for a high-end stroller with the durability to withstand frequent use.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs