Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased a Bugaboo Donkey three years ago and then got the Bugaboo Bee a month ago. The stroller is awesome and we love it - the color of our Donkey and it's lightweight as is the Bee also. I choose the colors from Bugaboo. Other sites don't have the color that I want so, I did it myself as I did for my Donkey and it's easy. I always go, look and match the wheel colors and the seat colors. It's easy, simple and I don't have any problems. I also don't have to register my stroller.

The first one was a double stroller because only double strollers are lighter and can be mono. Also, my older one was quite small but she grew up and she doesn't fit anymore so we use it as a mono. I was thinking about the City Select, but that one is really hard to push. My friends had City Select and I tried them and I didn't like it. Then, we have a newborn and we chose a Bugaboo Bee for him. We like Bugaboo because I can push it with my one hand. That's the main reason. I have three kids and sometimes I have to carry one and hold him in my hand and the Bee is light which I like. It's a very awesome stroller and I usually recommend them for my friends.

Bugaboo Strollers

Great feedback, Caroline! We genuinely appreciate it, and we're glad to hear that you are happy with your Bugaboo Bee5!

Original review: July 1, 2017

I’m trying to find a double stroller option and I heard from a few friends who had Bugaboo Strollers that it was good and their customer service was great. We chose the Bee 3 because of the comfort board that you can attach. We wanted to get a small stroller because we live in the city and that way we will be able to work for our two years old who’s not great at walking. However, our Bee 3 top broke when were flying one time so the airline refunded us for it so we got money to buy the Bee 5.

It was a good experience ordering online. I like that they had all the selections plus they’re customizable. The website was also easy to navigate and pretty straightforward. In addition, when we attached the board to the first stroller, it messed with the wheels and they’ve solved the problem now with the Bugaboo Bee 5. But even with that, we just let their customer service team know and they sent us a brand new frame under the warranty so their customer service was really good. I would tell a friend or family member who has kids to buy one.

Resolution In Progress

Hello Lana,

Thank you for the opportunity to address your situation.

We appreciate your feedback and would like to assist you with the issue that you are experiencing with your Bugaboo. At your earliest convenience, please contact our customer service department at 800-460-2922 Monday - Friday 7 am -4 pm PST.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I have a full-sized stroller, and needed something light for traveling and going up and down the hills. I bought the Bugaboo stroller online. It was easy to put it together, I double-checked the instructions to make sure that there wasn't something wrong with the assembly. Unfortunately, I've noticed that when I’m going up the hill, it was leaning on one side to the right, and then I tested it on a flat surface and even at home in my living room. If I push it by itself even without a child in there, it rolls to the right and doesn't go straight. I barely use it because of that. But I like the stroller and it’s very easy to use.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I looked at the website and found out there were multiple Bugaboo models. We looked at the reviews online and tried to see which one is most fit. We bought a Buffalo stroller before and it's really heavy so we returned it and my wife purchased the Bee5 instead, which is lightweight. The quality is good and not like the cheap ones that are easily broken.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I considered both Graco and Bugaboo and my friend told me she’s used her Bugaboo more quickly for travel. So, for that I decided to buy a Bugaboo. I got a Bugaboo Bee5 in a black and everything was good with the purchasing process. Customizing the stroller was also easy which I liked. Using Bugaboo when I hop on the plane and travel is easy. Putting it into the car is easy, too. The only the thing is it's difficult to close. It’s also a bit complicated to change the chair for other positions. But now, I use them. I have recommended Bugaboo.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've wanted to use Bugaboo strollers before with my other kids and I recently got the Bugaboo Bee5 because I liked the design. I was able to purchase it very easily online on their official website. But because I'm a woman, it was a little difficult to build the stroller. We didn't have any man around to help, but finally did it and we love it. We use it every day and we don’t have any problems with it. However, when I fold it, it still takes up a lot of space in my trunk and I would like to have it more compact. That's my only recommendation but I’m totally happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My fiancée said Bugaboo is very high quality and when I saw it, I liked it. We ordered online and purchasing the Cameleon3+ US in black on the website was very easy. I also built the stroller myself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bugaboo Strollers?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a stroller board from Bugaboo and it was easy to put up and put down. Recently, I purchased a Bugaboo Bee5 stroller online from them and it was here in five days. It’s just what we needed. The style was great, easy to assemble and its functionality has been good so far. Overall, it was a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I was going through various websites and all the different strollers, the material quality that was there on the Bugaboo stroller attracted me. Their overall reviews were all good. We purchased one through their website and the process was really easy and short. But it was not easy to figure out how to fix the stroller even with the instructions that came with it. I just looked at a couple of online videos and that helped me figure out what needs to be done.

It's really useful, has a lot of features, really handy and easy to use. But I didn't like that fixing the stroller and changing the canopy wasn't really that easy. When I was putting the feet on the stroller, the piece where the cloth needs to be tied is in a very uncomfortable position. So, it feels like if I stretch more, the stroller might break or the cloth might tear off. I really like the product but I'm worried about disassembling it and it takes a lot of time. It took me more than a couple of hours just to change the canopy. But otherwise, the convenience, the features, and the durability are really good. It's lightweight and easy to get in and out of the vehicle. So, that helps a lot. And the canopy and all the other stuff that they have are attractive for kids, they like it a lot. It's a lot different compared to the regular stroller brands out there. Bugaboo has a lot of different options out there and I ordered two canopies.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The purchase process with Bugaboo was easy and everything went well. I used to have the Chameleon and now I have the Bee 5. I had to downsize because I couldn't fold the Chameleon but now, I have the Bee and it's perfect. I ordered it online and the site was easy to navigate. I like that I can customize the stroller and the colors online. It was delivered in about a week. I like the sleekness of it and it is worth it. It's very durable and I love the style. I wish they had different colors and that the Bee 5 may be folded a little easier. When I close it, I can't hold my daughter while I'm doing it with both hands. It's a little tricky because she just started walking. I don't feel comfortable leaving her standing while I'm closing the stroller so, I have to sit her on the bus which can be dangerous too because the driver starts driving before I'm even seated. But it makes transportation easier with my child and I'm just satisfied with my stroller.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought a Bugaboo Bee 5 in black online and it was easy. We went to the website, ordered the color, and everything was fine. The quality of the item was very good and we’re happy with its usefulness. The stroller is small and very convenient. It’s easy to fold and carry. When we go shopping in the stores, it fits almost everywhere. I'd definitely recommend it to my friends. We had a very good experience with Bugaboo.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We didn’t want the stroller to be a full-size as it’s too heavy and too big to carry around. In the kind of the car that we have, it’s not big enough to fit that so we were looking for a small compact-sized stroller. We looked at the other brands, compared, and tried out at the store. The Bugaboo Bee5 was the best so we decided to go for that. We went to Buy Buy Baby and the sales rep there was really helpful and gave us all the information of different models. We bought the yellow canopy color and it really pops out which is fun. We did a different color for the handle bar and the wheels, and customizing was one of the fun parts of choosing the Bugaboo. In fact, it was the best part.

All the other products from Bugaboo move very smoothly. The other brands are either kind of clunky or not smooth even on a very smooth surface of the floor.

Also, Bugaboo makes a really sturdy product. It doesn’t feel cheap. That’s very good for the baby’s safety. Bugaboo is definitely more stylish than the other strollers. It's designed by Dutch and the original Bugaboo is from Europe so it has a very modern feel. We got recommended to Bugaboo by our friend and I would also recommend Bugaboo. It's a good stroller. The price is more expensive than the others, but it’s worth it. So overall, my satisfaction is very high.

Bugaboo Strollers

Thank you, Dustin, for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear that the assembly process went well! The Bugaboo Bee5 was a great choice. Now you are ready to take on the city streets in your stride!

Original review: July 2, 2017

My wife wanted a Bee 5 Alu from Bugaboo and so we bought one online. I wasn’t expecting it to be apart like that when we got it. It was all in separate boxes. But it was pretty easy to put together. It’s good and fits through doors easily. And everything is going well.

Hello Zoe!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are sorry to hear about your experience with your sun canopy. At your earliest convenience please reach out to customer service for assistance. We are looking forward to resolving this issue for you.

Original review: June 30, 2017

In general, we really love our Bugaboo. We just bought our second, in the style of a chameleon, and so we’re surprised to have this defect - the canopy looks like it’s broken or crooked so I need to reach out. We wanted a lightweight stroller to have like out and about. We purchased both this and the first one super easy online. There’s also a tool online where you can customize it and I just hit the color. It’s very expensive but I think it’s reasonable for the quality and it’s got great functionality. Bugaboo also has a reputation of long jeopardy in terms of how long it last.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bugaboo Strollers are easy to use, light and compact, and in a style I like. They are also very easy to order online. I had a Bugaboo Bee 3 a year ago but I lost it so I had to buy another one. I then bought the fifth version, but I didn't know that the old one's comfort board, the one that lets you have an extra key attached to the stroller, would not fit on the new one. The new one already comes with an adaptor that doesn’t fit on the old one and I didn't have that information when I was buying it online. I also was not able to send the comfort board back because I have bought it the year prior.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
We wanted something that was portable but fully functional and also, something that was in the higher end of strollers because we wanted it to be robust, good-looking, and easy to use. So we did a bunch of research and the Bugaboo Bee 5 ticked those boxes for us. Also, we have friends who had previous good experiences with Bugaboo, so the decision to purchase was made a lot easier. We ordered the product on the website and the process was pretty straightforward. Overall, my experience with the stroller has been really good. The seat and the covering for the baby are excellent. The stroller can be folded up really small, too.

I recommended Bee 5 because the other larger ones seemed a bit unwieldy, and then I'd tell them to check out the website to get the features and attachments that they wanted.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to two different stores in New York City and their reps recommended the Bee5. It was exactly what I needed. The big stuff was too big for me and I liked the features of the Bugaboo better. I loved how interactive the website was. The purchasing process was seamless and great. Plus, the website’s beautiful. I had the baby last week and we’ve only taken him out once to the doctor. I had an adaptor for the car seat and I had a long time figuring out what I needed because it wasn’t through Bugaboo. We didn’t get the bassinet, so my husband had to Google how to put the baby in the car seat because we couldn’t figure it out, but it's a matter of getting used to it. Overall, the Bee5 is great. It’s a stroller that you buy for multiple kids, so it’s not something that will break apart even if you use it in the streets of New York.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Bugaboo stroller is lighter and easier to use. I purchased one, particularly the Bugaboo Bee5 in black, online because the store didn't have the colors that I wanted. The process of buying it online was perfect and it wasn't difficult at all. The instructions for the wheels when you put the white stuff in it were a little hard though. But the stroller is very smooth when I use it, like when turning into really tight corners. It's a little pricey, but it has a good quality and it's making my life easier. It's not that hard to pull it apart and to get it in the car. It’s a really nice stroller and it's all been great. I recommend this stroller to everyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Bugaboo Bee was something I was eyeing before I even planned on purchasing it. I liked the Bee 3 but then the latest edition, Bugaboo Bee 5, came out, and I purchased that online instead. Before purchasing, I went on YouTube and saw a video on how to open and close the stroller and the difference between the Bee 3 and Bee 5. So I went to Bugaboo.com and I knew exactly what I wanted. Everything was easy.

The Bee 5 was so cute and small. It's completely different from every other stroller. I live in New York City, so it's an urban stroller and really convenient. I also love the way the suspension is on it. The cracks on the ground in New York are ridiculous but the Bee 5 can go smoothly right over it. Another thing that I love about it is the way we can reverse it when we need to. I can extend it out for a toddler version so I'm able to put my two-year-old niece inside, and then, bring it back to infant version. It's easy to do that. Also, I got a lot of compliments about the Bee 5 stroller.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The website that I ordered the Bugaboo stroller from was intuitive. It gives a lot of options to choose and purchasing was easy. You choose the frame, the wheels and whatever you want. I need it to go to the city and the option to unfold and fold it back and try to pack it in the car is really easy and that's why I chose it. We also like the bassinet option and the wheels which are amazing. It goes smoothly, it's versatile and makes a huge difference. I really like that it's very light so, it's very easy to disassemble and put in the car. Other strollers may be better in the sense that the wheels are bigger but they don't fit in the car. Also, it's really nice with a modern and really good design. It's very comfortable, really nice to go for walk with the baby and very convenient. It was as good as I imagined.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m British and it’s tradition for the dad’s parents to buy the stroller. So they did most of the research and I gave a few options to pick from and Bugaboo had lots of good reviews online. Buying the Bugaboo stroller went pretty smooth and the website is good. The transitions and the animations were a little slow, but it’s fine. We’ve made the stroller the way we wanted it. We haven’t actually used it too much. We only used it to get around the block a couple of times so far. It has slowed a little when we used it on the cornfield near our house where it’s a compact dry dirt. The stroller’s style is nice. I’d recommend. It’s expensive, but it’s good quality compared to a cheaper stroller. It could be less expensive but I don’t feel like I got ripped off.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a Bugaboo Bee stroller for my daughter's baby and it was very good. My daughter was the one who did the research and also chose the Bugaboo Bee one. She wanted a four-wheeled. We looked at a stroller which folds up more compactly for traveling on an airplane but decided that was not enough of an advantage over the other things. And then, we wanted to see the stroller in person so we went to a place in the metro areas several times but they didn’t have what we wanted to look at in stock. Also, the people there did not particularly understand what they were selling. We bought what we thought was the stroller and it turned out to be only a part of the stroller, so we returned it. We went online instead and the process was simple. The only thing that we couldn’t find was the mosquito netting.

My daughter and her husband had a difficult time putting the stroller together. But her husband is mechanically inclined so he managed it all right. I like the bassinet, which is the buggy thing. It’s very useful because the baby was premature and he’s not sitting up yet. I like that the stroller is easy to push as well. My daughter’s husband was also pleased when pushing the stroller because it was so easy to deal with. Another thing that they like is that they can attach the car seat instead of a stroller seat when they find a car to drive. They don’t have their own car so the adaptor for the car seat is an advantage for them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had the Cameleon that someone gave me as a gift and I was happy with it. I find it to be extremely reliable and I like the design. I’ve seen a Bugaboo stroller in a store and I needed a smaller one. So I got the Bugaboo Bee 5 but its user guide is a major drawback. It has images and has some narrative in English and in French. My husband is a French speaker and looks at the French instructions, while I look at the English, but we have some difficulty with unfolding the stroller.

I’m good at figuring things out but I thought about approaching another mom who has the same model. My sister has it so I told her about my problem and she wasn’t quite sure. In the English section of the manual, everything about how you fold and unfold were in pictures. It shows you where to press and how to hold it to unfold the stroller, but it doesn’t work. This stroller is one piece and it's easy to fold, but I always need someone to help me unfold it, which was not a problem with the Cameleon because I just have to set it apart into two pieces. The Cameleon was very self-explanatory and evident and the manual made sense.

Also, I have some issue with the material that goes in the chair. On the Cameleon, I had this banded fabric that really fit well in the seat. It was standard material, comfortable and didn’t have any wrinkles. My daughter likes butterflies so I bought the sheet fabric that had butterflies for the Bee. It looked beautiful on the website, but it turned out to be a little different in reality. This one doesn’t fall on the seat very well and has parts peeking out. It’s still beautiful, but the material feels plastic-y and tends to wrinkle at the bottom.

Right now, unfolding hasn’t been a major issue because the stroller is always unfolded, but we are travelling soon in two weeks. I'll have to call customer service and talk to them about how to get around it. But overall, I'm happy and would still recommend it to people but I would tell them that me and my husband haven’t figured out how to unfold it.

Hello Elvis,

Thank you for providing your feedback! We are happy to hear that the ordering process went well. Our records indicate that your order qualified for free shipping and handling. At your earliest convenience, please check your receipt and let us know if it reflects otherwise.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I bought a Bugaboo stroller as a gift for my sister who needed it. The website was very easy to navigate and the online buying process was quite simple. I went in their website, chose the model and colors. There’s a base and then you can choose the canopy and then the wheels. Then I moved forward with checking out. It was fairly quick. They requested this brand and the name Bugaboo has a quality behind it, so I didn’t mind just purchasing it. It is a great stroller and worth every penny, but shipping could have been free because of how much it costs. But other than that, I was pretty satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Purchasing the Bugaboo Bee5 Complete Tone was fine. I had a couple of friends who recommended that product and Bugaboo's website was easy to navigate. However, it was sold out for a couple of months and I was trying to buy it since March, so I had to wait. However, it doesn’t reach the price that I have paid and it wasn't the same as the picture online as it was darker in person. It’s really hard to fold and unfold it. I have this new stroller order online and it’s smaller, so it fits my car. I had a C-Section and I don’t have that strength to push that button down so it was hard for me. Although it's a single stroller and it works fine, I wouldn't recommend this product. I would suggest that it could be lighter in weight.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love Bugaboo Strollers. My buddy has it for his kid. It’s very light and looks really nice. I recently purchased a Bugaboo Bee5 online and it was easy and was also delivered quickly. The style and feature are very nice and it looks very sleek. My family really likes it. I can fold it up easily, click on and just go. When I got the canopy, I thought I can break it but I didn't and it's actually by design. The installation was straightforward. However, there's not much words in the instructions, just pictures, so they should put more wordings. It is also expensive but it's worth the price. If the pricing goes down a little, a lot of people will buy it. We’ve looked at other strollers and they’re bulky and ugly. Now, we can move around and take our kid out with the stroller. It’s very convenient. We love it so we’d recommend it to our friends that have kids. We would buy another one if we have more kids or we can buy for my sister when she has kids.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bugaboo's strollers looked better than any other stroller product. I liked how the Bugaboo Bee 5 stroller looked. I couldn't find it in store so I bought it online and it was easy. A lot of the stroller's functionalities are useful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My little sister has experienced using a Bugaboo stroller plus I made a little survey and found out that the Bugaboo strollers are in the top 5. So, I decided to buy one. I entered the Bugaboo Strollers website and saw that there’s a limited edition Bugaboo 5. It was a great deal for me to purchase. I found all the accessories that I needed like the parasol and cup holder too. It was wonderful.

Donkey is a very good double stroller for city life, however it is not user-friendly while traveling. The foam wrap around the push handle gets torn easily. I have replaced the tires twice in last four years of use, especially the rear two, the valve is hard to reach and the valve will cut into the inner tube as time goes by. The accessory cup holder is a waste, if placed outside, the stroller won't fit in most doorway, if placed inside, it gets in the way folding the stroller. Last, once the kids get to over 25 pounds, the bottom of the seat frame will keep push down on the top of the front wheels, which makes it hard to push the stroller. I sent a email to your customer service last year mentioning this annoying problem but never heard back from you.

Hi Michael,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with your Bugaboo product.

To service models that have been discontinued, our policy is that for older models we keep replacement and service parts available for two years. These two years are in line with international legal requirements and accommodate the 2-year warranty period that starts from the moment of purchasing a product.

The Bugaboo Bee 2007-2009 model was discontinued in February 2010, and since then we have kept service parts in stock for this model until May 2013 which amply covered the two-year warranty period. Again, we truly apologize for not being able to accommodate your request.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I called to inquire about a replacement rear tire for my 2009 Bugaboo Bee. I was told that I have no options other than eBay. A search with your customer service member proved that there were none available. It seems disingenuous to not support a common wear item on a stroller that is otherwise in perfect condition. I would love to recommend this product to friends and family, but the lack of post purchase support is really disappointing.

Bugaboo Strollers

Thank you for the great review, Clara!

Original review: June 13, 2017

Exceptional stroller and rapid delivery! The stroller has lasted and pretty much brand new. I used the stroller with my kids and actually passed it on to my niece. Wouldn't want any other stroller but this one!!!

Resolution In Progress

Betzalel,

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience with our customer service. We value your feedback!

Original review: June 13, 2017

Hi. I ordered a replacement part for my Bugaboo Bee 3 stroller. I needed the bassinet adapters and I needed it fast. When the adapters came, there was only one piece instead of two. The representative on the phone said there was nothing they could do for me besides send another one out, but I really needed it earlier. It was a very poor experience with Bugaboo. I expected more from them, such as a credit.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Bugaboo is a Dutch company that was founded in 1999. The original design of a modular stroller that can be used and taken anywhere remains the core of their business. Find Bugaboo strollers at major retailers around the world and online.

• Customize your design: Choose your stroller’s frame, canopy color and seat color for a totally customizable experience. Strollers are available in up to 64 unique color combinations.
  • Mono, duo and twin options: The Bugaboo Donkey stroller is available for one child, two children of different ages/sizes or for twins. There are 17 unique configurations, allowing for the ultimate in flexibility for parents and caregivers.
  • All terrain option: Ideal for parents and caregivers who vary the terrain they take their strollers on, the Bugaboo Buffalo has is designed for all-terrain performance. This stroller grows with your child, taking you from infant to toddler with a bassinet that converts to a seat.
  • Runner stroller: The Bugaboo Runner is available as either a complete jogging stroller or as an easy click-and-go accessory for current Bugaboo owners. The seat of the complete jogging stroller is reversible.
  • Accessories: Add accessories to your Bugaboo to complete the stroller experience and keep your child comfortable in all types of weather. There are many accessories available, including an organizer, smart phone holder, sun canopy, tray, footmuff, mosquito net and more.
  • Best for Bugaboo strollers are best for parents and caregivers looking for a high-end stroller with the durability to withstand frequent use.

Bugaboo Strollers Company Profile