4.65/5
Based on 333 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bugaboo is designed for parents on the move. Since 1994, Bugaboo has developed cutting-edge products designed to help you see the world, kids in tow, with style and ease. Bugaboo offers five unique stroller systems, several limited edition strollers, and a variety of accessories to fit your lifestyle whether that includes, travel or running, city or country, with one kid or two.

Move freely with Bugaboo.

Bugaboo Strollers Gallery (4)
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 13, 2018

347 Bugaboo Strollers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Donkey Duo 2 - We received a defective chassis. We have a long list of grievances and none were addressed by Bugaboo so we have taken it up with American Express and the retailer (Albee Baby) through which we ordered it. This stroller has been a nightmare to say the least. Since my husband is handling the fallout from owning this stroller and I am juggling a toddler and a newborn and since Bugaboo was of no help to him, I don’t have time or energy to list the grievances here. If a senior executive at Bugaboo could please contact us. We are not exaggerating or looking for hassle. We are loyal customers having purchased a Cameleon 3 years ago and never complained about that stroller.

Bugaboo Strollers response

Hello Anjali,

When our customers are unhappy, we’re unhappy.

All feedback is important to us, and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your Bugaboo experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service and regret the experience you’ve had.

Our records indicate that your request is being reviewed by a customer service manager. Someone from our team will be following up with you to assist with a resolution.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

My friend told me that Bugaboo is very good and it is pretty cool. I purchased a Buffalo Plus online and I already received the package. It was a good experience. Now, I'm just waiting for my husband to open it and put it together.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I bought the Donkey2 on the Bugaboo website and it was very easy. I picked the basic black but I absolutely love that you can make the stroller into whatever kind you need for that minute. You can do a regular seat next to a bassinet and you can face them you or away from you. You could also do two seats next to each other, two bassinets next to each other, one bassinet and a basket, and a seat and a basket. There are so many options. I have a three-year-old and a newborn and we can use the stroller now and my children can grow into it, too.

The stroller is pretty easy to use. The only thing is if you're going to use it to go in and out of your car or to travel with it, it's not the most convenient. You have to unfold the frame and then click the seats on. Then, when you want to pack up, you have to take the seats off, put them in the car, fold up the frame and put it in the car. It's just like an extra step and it's not as easy as a fold-and-go stroller. It doesn't fold with the seats attached and that's the big thing. Other than that, the quality of the stroller is amazing so I'm happy with what I spent on it. We love it and our baby who hates his car seat loved being in the Bugaboo bassinet and then the seat so that helped us a lot. Plus, the Bugaboo customer service is amazing because one of the sun canopy brackets was broken and they immediately sent me out a new bracket the next day. All they asked for was the receipt and that was it. I recommend Bugaboo to people all the time.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Everything was excellent about my experience with the Bugaboo stroller. I purchased it online to avoid the hassle of going to the store, bringing it out, and delivering it to my home. Bugaboo fits perfectly for my kid. We have the covers that look like a caterpillar, the wool linings, and the deep-pocket seat. It's perfect for the winter time and my kid loves it. I used to have the Cybex. I bought it because of the color but she didn't like it because the bottoms were too shallow. Compared to that, the Bugaboo is so deep and she sits longer on it. It's comfy, too, and she actually wants to go on it. So, we sold the Cybex and bought the Bugaboo. I just spent lots of money and I should've got the Bugaboo in the first place. I'm so satisfied with it.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

A lot of my friends back home in Sweden have Bugaboo so I picked it over another stroller product and got the Buffalo Atelier from them. I bought it on their website and the purchasing process was easy and in terms of its cost it was fair.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bugaboo Strollers?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I have owned a Bugaboo since my daughter was an infant, and she's eight. I've only had Bugaboo, and since then, I had Cameleon and I had 2Bee. My first one was a gift from my sister, and she bought it from Bugaboo England and she'd sent it here. My other Bee was from Bugaboo, and my last one was from buybuy BABY because I was in a hurry to buy it, so I went to go get it. My last purchase was almost eight years ago and it was really great. I compared the high-rise one which tipped over when I tried it out, but Bugaboo was solid, and it was excellent. There are some other strollers that when you touch the cushion, it's lumpy, but when my daughter sits down in the Cameleon, she would be very comfortable. I also tried other strollers but Bugaboo is the only one I could steer easily with one hand. My friend ended up buying my Bee from me when my daughter grew out of it.

Among my friends, I was one of the first ones who had a baby. They know that I love Bugaboo, and when the rest of them ask for a recommendation, I always say Bugaboo. Also, when my brother had a baby, I got him another Bugaboo from Korea. A lot of people say it's expensive but I think the cost is fair because the stroller does last long. And if we had more babies, then I would still have used my first one. I just purchased a Bugaboo Bee5 in black, and the online process was too easy that it worried me. If I'll spend, I'll probably end up with something because it sounds like a dream store. It was almost like Amazon shopping, that you keep wanting to buy. Stepping outside with my toddler was more fun with the Bugaboo stroller.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

It was easy to purchase a Bugaboo Bee5 online. I chose the matte black, but the paint was easily scratched off. But I'm very happy about it. It’s very compact.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I've been researching other brands and I've read that Bugaboo is a great brand and space. We tested it out in the store and I've wheeled it around before. I also know some other moms who have used it as well so that helped me made my choice. I got a Bugaboo Cameleon 3 Plus online and the purchasing process was very easy. And I really like how we could visualize everything and that we can choose the different components and see what it will look like. So that was very useful. Shipping was easy as well and everything arrived on time.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Bugaboo is on its own a big brand and we had read a lot of reviews here and there. We went to stores and see which is the best stroller, and Cameleon seems to be the best option over there because we can use it both for the car seat as well as a bassinet. It grows with the kids and that was one reason we went for it. We purchased it online but to be very frank, the site gets stuck a lot. It took us about 30 minutes or 45 minutes to get it going but after that, it was easy. We went to see how the stroller is if it fits our needs.

We purchased the Cameleon 3+. We find it very lightweight on the other hand as well as sturdy. Also, the style is really good. It is cool especially the different colors. We always wanted to go with a different color other than black. We had an option to customize it on this. Though the cost is high, the quality is good. The stroller is easy to carry and easily folded. We can easily put in the car, it’s locked and it has multifunctional usages. It really helps us a lot. It makes us very comfortable. This is a reliable product we can use for a long time. We’re very happy and satisfied with it right now and would definitely recommend it to our friends.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

We looked online a little bit about tips and experiences of other people on strollers. Bugaboo’s only serious competitor was AlphaBaby but we liked that Bugaboo was narrower so it's less invasive when walking through the city. We bought our Cameleon 3 online which was very easy. We used the configurator to pick the colors that we wanted which was the all black version because it seemed to be less susceptible to getting dirty.

The stroller is beautiful and it has been very useful. I love being able to lift it from the bassinet frame instead of lifting it from the bottom. The only thing is with the bassinet on, it's hard to put groceries in the compartment on the bottom of the stroller. But the quality is super solid. My parents were here for a little bit and they agreed that it's a great stroller. It’s much better than others that they have used. It allowed us to transport the baby while I walk and it has been really a pleasure to walk around with it. My wife had the funniest experience with it because someone in front of her said, "It's a Bugaboo." I'd tell friends to buy it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I had the Bugaboo Frog with my other kid and I loved it. So when it was time to get a new one, I decided to get Bugaboo as well. I bought a Bugaboo Bee5 in black through their website. I ordered the design just the way I wanted with the colors and the parts I wanted. Building it online was a little confusing. It was easy but it could have been easier. Some of the colors I wanted were sold out so it limited my options like with the bassinet. Also, I wish I could have seen it more clearly like seeing how a design would look first than just imagining it. They have a place where you can see it in picture form but it was not for everything.

It arrived quickly and it's great. It works really well. I kind of miss the bigger wheels for some things like with the Frog I had but I like how small it is. It has also made life easier. I can steer it with one hand while holding my other kid or doing something else. And I love the bassinet feature where the baby can sleep. When we’re on trips, she sleeps on the bassinet and it's easy to get in and out of the car. I used the car seat a lot with it. It’s definitely expensive but the quality is excellent. It's worth it for a better stroller and I’m happy with it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I bought a Bugaboo Donkey 2. I'm glad I went with the style that I went with. I knew long term that the Donkey would be better for us and I liked the configuration that it goes out versus on top of each other like the Uppababy. I just didn’t like the configuration for two kids. The experience with Bugaboo Strollers was pretty good, though. At first, the stroller was sold out at the store that I went. But a couple days later, it came back in stock. I just ordered it online and it came straight to my door. Ordering online was easy and simple besides them being out of stock of the item and me trying to contact customer service to figure out why. I really like the stroller and I'm happy with it. It depends on the person's lifestyle and if he or she can afford the price point, but I would recommend Bugaboo.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I bought a Bugaboo Bee 5 in black for my cousin in China as it is cheaper to buy it here in America. When I go back to China, I'm going to bring it back to her. She chose it herself. It has good quality and is popular there right now. However, they don't ship directly to China.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

It was very easy to purchase from Bugaboo. But the customizing options are not very clear on their website. At first I thought they only had the red, blue, and black options. I chose the red one but it was out of stock. A few weeks later I got a notification and I went to the website again make a purchase. I then realized that they had all those other options for consolidation and I ended up buying a different one.

I have a two-year-old toddler and I just had a new baby, so I needed a double stroller. I talked to a lot of people about my options. I had an Uppababy Vista stroller for my oldest child. I bought it because I knew that it would be easy to convert to double but in the end it’s not a side by side. It has one basket in front of the other and the feedback I got was that it was really hard to maneuver the stroller in the double configuration. I decided to buy a side by side and a lot of people gave me the feedback that the Bugaboo was the best one. It's beautiful and I love it. It is light and easy to maneuver.

The only thing that makes Uppababy Vista better is that it has storage on the bottom of the stroller. The Uppababy has a bigger one but still Bugaboo's is big enough and good enough. Everything else is great and even though it was a little bit expensive it is something that I intend to use for at least four years so I thought it was worth the purchase. It was a good investment and I’m very satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Purchasing a Bugaboo Donkey2 was very smooth and easy. The discussion on their website was very clear so we were able to quickly find the model that we wanted. We picked options from the different kinds of the canopy, the seat, the type of fabric, etcetera. The whole process was quite straightforward and we finished within half an hour. Moreover, the website is very user-friendly, with a lot of pictures and explanations about what are the best used at different locations allowing us to very easily determine Donkey2 as the right model for us.

We wanted to buy the stroller at least two weeks before we were able to put in the order as the site was down for two weeks. There are several variations of the Donkey2 and for the specification that we wanted, whenever we get to that page, it says the page is under maintenance. If we weren't already using a Bugaboo stroller and we didn't really like it, we could have just chosen another one.

The product's quality is the best among all that we had looked at. Our friends are using different strollers and we ourselves have purchased at least three different brands. All those don't compare. While the price is on the high side, compared to the other brands' quality, it is worthwhile. The Donkey is extremely well designed. We had our first Bugaboo almost four years ago. It was just a single stroller, but even though the Donkey is a double stroller, we feel that it is lighter when we push it. Moreover, the functionality is also better now. The quality has improved a lot and it's also very user-friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed it and it has made our lives so much easier. We have two kids and the third one is coming. Originally we had one Bugaboo single stroller and then we had a double stroller. We also have a wheel board from Bugaboo for our Bugaboo single stroller.

It was really hard to take out the strollers from our closet. Now that we have Donkey, which can be easily switched between the single and double mode, we only need to have one stroller. Together with the wheel board, we can easily fit our kids on to one stroller. We have to get rid of the other two and our house is much cleaner.

It would be great if they have more showrooms as it's important for us to experience the look and feel of a product before we purchase it. If we didn't already have a Bugaboo single stroller, we wouldn't have the confidence to just buy directly online without seeing it. It would be much better if we could experience how it functions, whether we like it and touch the fabric, etcetera. We live in New York and that is not readily available. I would definitely recommend the product to others. It's worth the investment, especially if they're considering having multiple kids. Moreover, they can easily purchase the product online and customize it accordingly.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I bought a gray Bugaboo Cameleon 3 Classic online and it was a very easy experience. The stroller is very elegant and I love it. I was deciding between this and another one but this one seems sturdier and is compatible with my car seat. I also like its suspension, which is super light. It has made everything easier. I'd recommend it to a friend.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

In the beginning, we used a different stroller and we didn’t like it. So now that my baby girl is two years old, I bought a Bugaboo Bee5. Their online process was so easy and the stroller is worth the money. It is easy to use and I like it. Bugaboo is a good choice.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I knew people who had Bugaboo Strollers. I purchased another stroller initially then ended up not liking it. I decided to go with Bugaboo, which was what I initially wanted, but I opted for a less expensive option. I ended up going with what I should have gotten in the first place. I bought my Bugaboo Cameleon 3 Plus online and it was easy. I chose my colors and accessories. It's a great stroller and I'm super happy with it.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We've purchased two Bugaboo Strollers now. The first one we bought was a single and we bought it from buybuy BABY. Unfortunately, they don’t take coupons as it excludes Bugaboo so we paid full price. My daughter-in-law and son have the single now because they have a new baby. Then my daughter just had her second baby two and a half weeks ago and for Christmas, she got the double. She had whatever she wanted all planned out as she has been dreaming of it for quite a while. She ordered online through Bugaboo and that was not discounted either. It was expensive and it's unfortunate that you can't watch for a sale. But the strollers are wonderful and I would recommend Bugaboo. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy to use. However, I don’t want to mess with it as it's a little too much for me. It's not as simple as an umbrella stroller.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

My wife was looking for a stroller and she saw Bugaboo on one of the apps that she was going through. We purchased a Bugaboo online since we didn’t know there were any physical stores that sell the strollers. It's a great product, sturdy, and easy to use. We like using it. The part where the baby sits, you have to attach it to the car frame itself. We were having a little bit trouble attaching and detaching the two pieces together but we figured out how to do it. It's easy from there. The quality of the stroller is better than a lot of competitors.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I've been trying to buy a Bugaboo Donkey 2 Twin for my twins last November and December but they were not available in store and online. I was able to order it this January. I like it because it's comfortable and because it's not too big and it goes through a regular door. The unit is good but it's also very expensive. I also don't know why the base of the unit I got says 2017 when I ordered it in 2018. And when I went to their store to ask why the item is not available, they just told me that all units are sold out and there would be new ones in 2018.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I liked the Donkey2 from Bugaboo because it had the double-sided part and I can customize it. We chose the color and bought it online. The stroller is very easy to use and the functionality is good which is also part of the reason why I wanted to buy it. It has been very good so far. I would recommend it to my friends, especially if they have or plan to have two babies.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I purchased a Bugaboo Buffalo Classic online. The process was quick and easy. While a bit pricey, the stroller had a fair price for the quality. It's working well and I'd recommend it to someone looking to buy one.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Bugaboo Strollers are a bit more unique, it has a good reputation, and it's sleek-looking. We already had the Cameleon, which we liked a lot, so it was an easy decision and a natural progression to buy the Donkey 2. The purchasing process was the easiest, which I did online. I knew exactly what I wanted, which was the black frame, and so it was very easy to see. It was also nice to see the canopy colors, but I just chose black and it was great. It's a good visual tool for anyone who is unsure.

The Donkey 2 stroller is still in the box, but my experience with the Cameleon was great. Putting it together was very easy. It didn’t have a ton of compartments, which I don’t like. The functionality was awesome and I loved the bassinet. A couple of our other friends who bought different brands of strollers did not come with a bassinet and they ended up buying one for theirs after seeing how frequently we use ours.

The only thing I didn’t find with the Donkey was a cup holder on it. I had bought one for the Cameleon, so I was curious if it was transferable. Other than that, Bugaboo Strollers are worth it. We got what we paid for and that was a good indicator for me. It’s easy to maneuver and the wheels are awesome with the shocks. I would recommend it to friends. We enjoy bringing the stroller much more than an umbrella stroller anywhere we go.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I purchased a Bugaboo Strollers Donkey2 online for a colleague. We all pitched in to buy it for him and his wife. We went from their registry directly to Bugaboo's website, which was really easy to navigate. Then, I got a call from someone from Bugaboo who confirmed the order and the delivery address. The turnaround was super quick. I ordered it on Thursday, January 4th, and it was delivered on Friday, January 5th. Also, the assembly was intimidating but surprisingly easy to do. Things clicked into place and I felt like I'm not putting their baby at risk by assembling it for them. It was like we did the right kind of work and I really liked that. And I was not aware that strollers sold for $1,400 but I now understand why. It is definitely city ready. Overall, it was a really smooth product and I'm really happy with it.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Purchasing a Bugaboo Bee5 Complete Tone on Amazon was great. My sister recommended it. The stroller is lightweight and it runs smoothly. It also has a fair price. Recently, I purchased the Bugaboo Footmuff but it's too big so I had to return it. I really like my experience with Bugaboo.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

My mom is a nanny and the Bugaboo Donkey 2 was her recommendation. The Bugaboo website was very fast but the first time I placed the order for the stroller, there was a problem so I called the customer service. They were very nice and they explained what went wrong. I placed my order the very next day and the stroller came within the day. The stroller was pricey but I got what I paid for. It's easy to maneuver with two babies. It's very lightweight and it makes things a lot easier walking through the aisle in the grocery store or even going up a stop as I don’t have to carry it up. A lot of the other strollers that carry twins are very heavy to maneuver. I like that the babies are right next to each other so they could play and converse and do whatever they have to do at a certain age. I love its style too. I had a great experience, overall.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I have a friend that has Bugaboo and she said it was good. I bought the Bugaboo Donkey2 and ordering the stroller was easy. Plus I like the style of the stroller. It looks good and the quality is also very good.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

My husband created an account on the Bugaboo website because he will be able to get a 20% discount through his employer. It was a little tricky at the beginning because the one I wanted wasn't available. It was back ordered. My husband and I then got an email that it was ready, but then, it wasn't. But it eventually arrived before the twins were born. We had to assemble it ourselves which took us a while. We got stuck because the instructions were not clear. But we eventually got it down.

Right now we use the stroller a lot because my twins are still newborn. We use a lot of the car seat to move around and I like the fact that with the adapter, they could be side by side, instead of one in front of the other. I have access to both of them facing me. And then I can put the seat and the bassinet on top of each other so it fits in the trunk very easily. The Bugaboo strollers is pricey but we understand that it's for twins and it's a good brand. Also the quality is good.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I customized my Bugaboo Bee 5 on their website and I saw the outcome there. It was pretty easy to use and helpful. The shipping was quite fast and the stroller came in a very good packaging. I like the Bee 5 model and how it is lightweight and compact. It looks comfortable for the baby, too. I love its style and I get a lot of compliments for that. It is quite pricey but the quality is pretty good.

Bugaboo Strollers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bugaboo is a Dutch company that was founded in 1999. The original design of a modular stroller that can be used and taken anywhere remains the core of their business. Find Bugaboo strollers at major retailers around the world and online.

• Customize your design: Choose your stroller’s frame, canopy color and seat color for a totally customizable experience. Strollers are available in up to 64 unique color combinations.

• Mono, duo and twin options: The Bugaboo Donkey stroller is available for one child, two children of different ages/sizes or for twins. There are 17 unique configurations, allowing for the ultimate in flexibility for parents and caregivers.

• All terrain option: Ideal for parents and caregivers who vary the terrain they take their strollers on, the Bugaboo Buffalo has is designed for all-terrain performance. This stroller grows with your child, taking you from infant to toddler with a bassinet that converts to a seat.

• Runner stroller: The Bugaboo Runner is available as either a complete jogging stroller or as an easy click-and-go accessory for current Bugaboo owners. The seat of the complete jogging stroller is reversible.

• Accessories: Add accessories to your Bugaboo to complete the stroller experience and keep your child comfortable in all types of weather. There are many accessories available, including an organizer, smart phone holder, sun canopy, tray, footmuff, mosquito net and more.

• Best for: Bugaboo strollers are best for parents and caregivers looking for a high-end stroller with the durability to withstand frequent use.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Bugaboo Strollers Company Information

www.bugaboo.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use