4.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bugaboo is designed for parents on the move. Since 1994, Bugaboo has developed cutting-edge products designed to help you see the world, kids in tow, with style and ease. Bugaboo offers five unique stroller systems, several limited edition strollers, and a variety of accessories to fit your lifestyle whether that includes, travel or running, city or country, with one kid or two.

Move freely with Bugaboo.

545 Bugaboo Strollers Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 21, 2019

Our Bugaboo stroller is totally cool. We really love it. It was super easy to order, and Bugaboo has super great customer service while I was ordering and had questions. I ordered online, and the website was super easy to navigate. I ordered the Bugaboo Fox right when it came out, so there was like a little bit of a delay but it was not an issue for us. Bugaboo also communicated really well throughout the delay, so we knew what to expect which was great. And then, the product has been really easy to use, easy to set up and figure out. We live in the city, and it's been easy to handle in the city.

I ordered a new canopy for the weather and we've only had that for two days, but it's really great. We can close it up on our child and then the window and the vents are cool. She likes those. In the city, we live in a townhouse, so we have to go up and down the stairs to get in and out, and so far, it's been really easy. I just take the top half off, and take care of it up and down the stairs by myself.

I had heard that Bugaboo is really great and I saw them on an Instragram ad. I had my eye on it before we even had a kid. A couple of my friends had them, they're cool looking, and the canopy patterns are neat. It's minimal. I'm really small, so I like having something that wasn’t crazy bulky. And I had heard that they were good in the city and easy to travel with.

Get expert buying tips about Strollers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I live in New York City and in my neighborhood, a lot of people use Bugaboo Stroller. I went to a couple of different stores in New York City and one of the salespersons told me about the background of the founder, the engineering aspect of it and the wheels, which was very important if you’re living in New York and having different weathers. So, that got me and my partner sold in choosing them. I was on the website and I was able to choose the model and the colors. I had to call my friend who works there for some clarifications because there were some parts that wasn’t too clear on the website. It might have been also because I haven’t seen the product itself and it was also the new model that wasn’t available anywhere in the store.

I have the Fox and I got it at the time that it was released. It was a gift but I got it through the mail. I like the clear wind thing that I added on as an accessory. It’s very strong and durable. My nanny compared it with the other babies’ strollers and I heard that other nannies have also commented on how durable that is. So, that is one of my favorites and then the wheels and the turning capability. However, I still don’t know how to fold the stroller. It wasn’t too easy for me to learn and it’s been over a year. I also have trouble taking the bar handle off and unclicking it. So, if you’re unfamiliar with the stroller, like my son’s grandparents, they wouldn’t know how to do it, and it’s a little bit tricky. But I’ve been very pleased with the other parts, like the stopper or the buckle and I’m very happy with the experience with Bugaboo so far.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Bugaboo's website is one of the most beautiful websites I have ever seen. It's super easy to pick what I want. I can move the stroller around and drag/drop my mouse to get a 360 view of the stroller. Also, there is a ton of videos that Bugaboo put out on how to use my stroller and how to set it up. I felt like I had a good idea of what my stroller was even though I had ordered a different model.

I got the new Bugaboo Fox as I wanted a specific color of frame, the little sunshade, wheels and grips. I waited for six months until things got back into stock as I didn't wanna buy any stroller that was of the stock colors. While I wish it was in stock earlier, I knew it was a really popular stroller and it was brand new so I understand why they sold out of some options. I could have ordered the stroller earlier but then I wouldn't have been able to get the colors and options I wanted. Still, I love the stroller and it's super easy to use. This is my second stroller from them for my second child and they're of such good quality and they look good. They fold easily into teeny sizes and they're perfect. I'm super happy.

However, the Bugaboo strollers are extremely hard to assemble and they come in different little boxes. They edited their online tutorial of how to put the stroller together in a way that shows it's really easy. The video moves so fast such that the viewer would ask what was done and what was put where. It took five hours to set the stroller up with multiple people looking at it trying to figure out how to get everything to fit. I paid almost $1800 for the stroller and so I wish it was a little more put together or that Bugaboo would have an option to have someone put it together for me. Still, I think this is because I customized everything from the frame to the color of the inside of the wheels.

I've watched my friends use their strollers and I find that mine handles the best. It moves and maneuvers the best and folds up super well. It's very easy to store and easy to load up into my car. It's two buttons that I push to fold the stroller up and it just collapses on itself. I have the best working stroller and I'm super happy with that. It’s nice to be able to get out and have my hands free. I take it shopping with me sometimes when I have to run to Target or something. Instead of putting my baby in a shopping cart with germs, I’ll just load her up in a stroller and put my purchases down below. Additionally, it's nice to have my hands free rather than holding a baby. I hope a lot of people get a Bugaboo Stroller and enjoy it.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We live downtown, so we walk a lot everywhere, and I read about the ease of use of the Bugaboo stroller and the wheels with the terrain if it’s one that you’re gonna be using for walking and not for traveling. So, we got their Cameleon stroller. Purchasing the stroller was super easy and straightforward. I just went online and filled out my information. The shipment was easy too. I was able to build the stroller and put it together within an hour. Then we recently switched from the bassinet to the stroller seat and that was easy as well. The stroller is big, though, and it’s definitely not easy to put in the back of the car and take somewhere, but we walk with it and we don’t usually take it anywhere.

Although this stroller is super expensive, the quality is holding up. So far, there's no wear and tear on it and I hope to be able to use it for any future children without having to make another investment. But the only complaint I have is with the canopy which always detaches from the stroller seat. I wish that it was easier to stay on or more user-friendly. Other than that, I’m super happy with the stroller and we use it every single day.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

This was the second time that I bought a Bugaboo stroller so it was easy. I did it online and it was actually nice. It was easy for me to see the different things they had for the stroller. It was more fun too. The first time I bought a Bugaboo stroller was at Toys R Us and they didn’t have many options. They gave us the choice to go online and have it sent. But it was our first stroller and we wanted to make it easy. The first stroller lasted for three years until the wheels got a little bit tired. But it was great and what I liked about it was all it needed was the extra wheel. We could also buy extra stuff, like what we need. But my husband didn’t want to make our second baby feel less than her sister. So we bought another one instead of just getting the wheel.

We got the Bugaboo Bee and it is really nice. I live in New York and it’s really easy for me to carry on the trains. Even if I have the baby, I can carry the whole thing together and go upstairs and downstairs. I also live in a three-floor apartment and because the stroller is really small, it's easy and really practical for me. My parents also gifted us something that goes on the back of the stroller that would let my four-year-old stand up on it. I love the stroller and if I had to buy another one, it would be this one again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bugaboo Strollers?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I have now spoken with three separate customer service reps and none of them would even listen to my question. Every single time I called I got some apathetic, incompetent human who did absolutely nothing to help me with my <90 day exchange. They keep stonewalling me by hiding behind policy instead of listening to my question. Not at all what should be expected from such a high-end brand. I would definitely NOT buy a stroller from them again. DO NOT BUY.

Original review: July 26, 2019

We bought the Fox online and it was easy. It's a little big and the basket comes undone often, which is annoying, but it's a nice-looking stroller. We got it right when it came out and it's still good.

Original review: July 17, 2019

We had a friend from the UK that had one of the newer Bugaboo Strollers in the UK and they were absolutely raving about it. I went to push it around with the baby in it and we fell in love with it, even though we didn’t really know what we were looking for. Also, it was customizable and it was kind of nice to know that we could buy something that we actually wanted. It was just the one kind of thing we knew that we wanted to splash out on. We bought one and we had what we thought was an issue with the bar that goes across the middle. When we started using it for a couple of weeks, it felt like it was quite wobbly and quite loose. We were a little bit disappointed that we saw that something was wrong, but then, we were told that that was what it should be. So, it was a weird one. But the communication with their reps was good and it was fast.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I bought two Bugaboo frog strollers and ALL accessories. New accessories have horrible quality and proportions. Plastic is thinner and hollow, products poorly labeled while older products were robust thick and apertures wider making connecting pieces smooth and easy. New products are junky and customer service staff was dismissive and “form lettery.” I am also “very” Dutch and expected more from my countrymen! Holland has a fine reputation for quality. My treatment from Bugaboo during the month of June 2019 is embarrassing for Holland. I DO NOT FEEL CONFIDENT THAT THE RECENT QUALITY WILL KEEP MY BABY SAFE. They replied. “You are free to return the product.” Heartless. I am no longer promoting their product but telling all my young mothers at the hospital to AVOID Bugaboo! Sadly, M

Original review: June 21, 2019

The Bugaboo is good. We have several Bugaboo strollers and the process of building has been easy. It took five minutes for the Donkey. And the Bee was already assembled. It was just choosing the color. I like the style of the strollers. I like the look of it and it’s easy to fold. The Donkey, I don't love as much because it’s three pieces, and it’s kinda bulky and big. But my Bee, I love just because it’s easy to throw in the car, and you can close it with one hand. The cost of Bugaboo is equal to the quality. It’s more expensive than other strollers, but it has lasted a long time.

Bugaboo Strollers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bugaboo is a Dutch company that was founded in 1999. The original design of a modular stroller that can be used and taken anywhere remains the core of their business. Find Bugaboo strollers at major retailers around the world and online.

• Customize your design: Choose your stroller’s frame, canopy color and seat color for a totally customizable experience. Strollers are available in up to 64 unique color combinations.

• Mono, duo and twin options: The Bugaboo Donkey stroller is available for one child, two children of different ages/sizes or for twins. There are 17 unique configurations, allowing for the ultimate in flexibility for parents and caregivers.

• All terrain option: Ideal for parents and caregivers who vary the terrain they take their strollers on, the Bugaboo Buffalo has is designed for all-terrain performance. This stroller grows with your child, taking you from infant to toddler with a bassinet that converts to a seat.

• Runner stroller: The Bugaboo Runner is available as either a complete jogging stroller or as an easy click-and-go accessory for current Bugaboo owners. The seat of the complete jogging stroller is reversible.

• Accessories: Add accessories to your Bugaboo to complete the stroller experience and keep your child comfortable in all types of weather. There are many accessories available, including an organizer, smart phone holder, sun canopy, tray, footmuff, mosquito net and more.

• Best for: Bugaboo strollers are best for parents and caregivers looking for a high-end stroller with the durability to withstand frequent use.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs