4.64/5
Based on 411 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bugaboo is designed for parents on the move. Since 1994, Bugaboo has developed cutting-edge products designed to help you see the world, kids in tow, with style and ease. Bugaboo offers five unique stroller systems, several limited edition strollers, and a variety of accessories to fit your lifestyle whether that includes, travel or running, city or country, with one kid or two.

Move freely with Bugaboo.

Bugaboo Strollers Gallery (4)
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 21, 2018

430 Bugaboo Strollers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

The purchasing process was a back and forth thing because the Bugaboo website had a glitch in it. Every time I tried to order the neon red on canopy, the whole order would be off. It basically told me that nothing was available. I called customer service 11 times trying to see if that they can correct that for me. They took down my name, my number and my email address but no one ever got back to me.

It was a little discouraging but I really wanted the stroller that I kept pursuing, calling back and trying to speak to somebody. It got to a point that I decided to order yellow instead of the neon red. But if I was someone else, they would have lost that business. It is a $1,800 stroller and it was like they were not really concerned about my experience or my purchase. That was horrible. The customer service sucks, but the actual stroller is great. I had a Bugaboo a long time ago for my daughter and it lasted a long time. I had it for over 10 years and was able to give it to someone else. The quality is good.

I like the fact that the Bugaboo Donkey 2 is a double stroller and that it's side by side. I looked at some other brands and a lot of them were not side by side. They always had one on top and one on the bottom, and I didn't really like that feature. It also turns from a bassinet to a solo seat. Plus the assembling part is easy. I can take it apart and putting it in the car is easy too. The stroller is lightweight and it's a smooth ride. I also like how the extended canopy can go down and cover the children as they sleep. With the Bugaboo Donkey 2, it's now easy to go shopping and to travel with the kids. If one kid had fallen asleep, I can still travel with both of them at the same time without being inconvenienced, struggling to try and carry one then carry another in the car seat. This stroller is a lifesaver.

Get expert buying tips about Strollers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2018

After having many strollers I finally spent the money for a Bugaboo (Donkey & Bee 3). Well worth the investment. The carriages are well made, great push and wonderful functions. When I have had a question about installing new canopies and the videos weren’t enough, customer service was great. Looking back I know I should have gone with Bugaboo in the first place, trying 3 carriages from other brands and not being happy with them.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I purchased a Bugaboo Donkey 2 and I did it on my own on the Bugaboo Strollers website which I found very confusing. I ordered a whole bunch of parts I did not need. I'm having twins and I wasn't sure if I should order one or two bassinettes. One of the most difficult to understand was how the parts would come to make it accessible for the twins. So the website should be very clear with what the stroller comes with. It didn't have all the accessories so I needed all the accessories that I purchased and I'm not getting that extra value possible for the Bugaboo itself. Other than that, Bugaboo has the better look and I like that it looks very high-end.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I’ve had my Cameleon stroller for the past 2 years and I absolutely love it! It’s very high quality, beautiful, easy to clean and I love the fact that I can change the sun canopy if I want my stroller to be of a different color. It’s also very comfortable for my daughter. The customer service is always very good. I highly recommend Bugaboo Strollers!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I have had to buy the Bugaboo tires twice because they went flat and tore from inside too early (bought from our website ). Also bought the snack cup (from store outside) and that broke within 2 months. - disappointed with the sippy cup. I have a Bugaboo Chameleon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bugaboo Strollers?

Original review: April 19, 2018

Bugaboo has a good reputation. I have a friend who had used one and really liked it. We have a second child on the way and I wanted a side-by-side as opposed to a tandem, so both my children could get equal attention. We bought a Bugaboo Donkey 2 online. And the site was broken so I called and complained. We had used their build function where we can build it almost like we're designing a car, and what we put on that didn't transfer to our cart. So, I had to go and pick things out individually as opposed to just using that function. I had put that in to customer service and they responded to me. We really like our stroller. It was expensive but worth it. My only suggestion is for them to make the collapsible function a little bit easier.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I love the look of my Buffalo stroller. The only thing I regret is that it’s really heavy. I wish I did more research before purchasing it. And locking the front tires are very inconvenient every time I have to fold the stroller. I have hard time picking up the base and placing it in my trunk. I wish I knew before they discontinued it.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Ordered a replacement for rear wheels & was told all parts included just turn with allen wrench. The screws all corroded & were impossible to turn. Took it to a repair shop since Bugaboo has none. Guy says he has experience with these Bugaboo products... they take hours... therefore he charged over $50. Contacted CS told me to upload a video showing the corroded screws. Did so, but never received a response.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I enjoy using Bugaboo with my big daughter while expecting the upcoming baby. Improvement I would like to see is ability to change nest to chair... and make it usable for older kids than 17-22kg. Also trying to make it lighter. I am using universal Board which have hanger to lock it up when not needed where this option is not available in Bugaboo one. Also prefer Bugaboo car seat and ability to ship to UAE from online orders. I would love to use the basket also if I have two kids... so you may add basket hanger to be used later.

Original review: April 18, 2018

The staff on the phone was great, no issue there. The issue I have is with the return policy on the bad tires I got. They asked I jump through a bunch of annoying hoops to return and get a new product, so instead, I just purchased 2 new tires. For such an expensive stroller, I thought it would have been much easier.

Original review: April 18, 2018

We received our Cameleon 3 as a gift and love the olive green exterior with faux leather accents (it makes the stroller seem extremely luxe). Our Cameleon is used in the city from walking down cobblestone streets to somewhat smooth pavement but regardless the terrain, my son has never woken from his slumber which is amazing.

Original review: April 18, 2018

While my baby is not due yet, a Bugaboo stroller was the first thing I bought a month ago. I got the Bugaboo Cameleon 3 and the online purchasing process was simple and straightforward. The stroller is light and it could be folded down and put in the car. And it can be converted from the bassinet to the upright chair. Also, the stroller can get the adapters to put a car seat on it.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We have twins and we were originally from Israel. All of our people know Bugaboo Strollers and also, we heard a lot about them in Europe and in Asia. We bought a Bugaboo Donkey2 online and it worked out. I had some questions which I called customer service just to make sure. We wanted it on a different color only for the umbrella which was out of stock, but everything else worked like a charm. It's a high-end stroller and you need to pay extra for the quality.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I have a very heavy stroller and I wanted to get a light one. I saw Bugaboo Strollers on Instagram and then I searched online and their stroller is very light. It was very easy buying the Bugaboo Bee5 from their official website. The quality is good and the style is very cool. I like it very much.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I recently purchased a Bugaboo Donkey 2 from Bugaboo Strollers because they're the Ferrari of strollers. I'm having twins, so one of my issues was that, for all the other strollers that were advertised as twin strollers, even with the UPPAbaby VISTA, when I did the research into them, they supported the kids at different weights. I could have one kid up to 50 pounds and the other up to 35 pounds, so they weren’t true twin strollers, whereas with the Bugaboo twin stroller both kids were supported at the same weight. Since I'm not planning to have one really small kid and one large kid, Bugaboo won me over on that and the other stroller companies lost my business because I felt like they had false advertising.

Bugaboo was really good. I had a very good experience with them during the purchasing process and I liked their customer service. The woman rep that I dealt with was very knowledgeable about the product. I've put my dog in the stroller and pushed it around the living room. I have relatives that have Bugaboos and the luggage, so I already knew the quality was going to be pretty good and it's definitely there.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We bought our Donkey 2 online and Bugaboo's website was great. Everything was easy and self-explanatory. This was the second stroller that we purchased because we bought one for our daughter and then we needed another one for our son. We loved so much the one that we bought the first time that when we needed a double-stroller, we said that Bugaboo was the perfect one. The kids fit in it perfectly. It was comfortable and the wheels were pretty. The stroller is amazing.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I had a good experience with the online purchase of my Bugaboo Strollers' Bee 5 model. It was a little expensive but I like it a lot. The functionality is easy and I always use the stroller.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I got a Bee5 stroller online and I was able to choose the canopy, the wheels, the chassis, and then a lot of different accessories. It was pretty easy. And when we put the stroller together after it arrived, it went together easily. It was a good experience overall.

Original review: April 12, 2018

The Bugaboo Cameleon 3 Complete US Kite is the best stroller for our needs. Everything was perfect with the purchase process online and it was easy going through the site from start to finish.

Original review: April 11, 2018

A Bugaboo stroller was on my son and his wife's list. I bought the Bugaboo Donkey² and we got it as is. The process of purchasing online was trying for me, but it was because I'm not a very computer-literate person. Everything was just press the key or check there and do that, so it was good. Except for the few mistakes that I made, it was a positive experience.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I recently purchased a Bugaboo Donkey2 and this was my second time buying a stroller from the company since I had a great experience using the first one. I initially chose this brand because of the stroller's maneuverability and lightness as well as the recommendations from other people. We also did a lot of research because the stroller is very expensive and we didn’t really have the money for it but in the end, we decided to go for it. Buying the strollers online was straightforward. I bought both of them as is and just had more accessories for the first one.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I bought a Bugaboo stroller for my son and his wife's future baby who's not due until September. The purchasing process was cool and the choices that they have were interesting and tasteful. Navigating through the website wasn't difficult at all too. They show a picture of the stroller as you change things on it and that was neat. But for some reason, I had to completely start from the beginning again a couple of times if I wanted to change the wheels around or the seat color.

Also, my daughter-in-law was in Minneapolis and I just wanted to make sure I had it right with her so I communicate with her about what she wanted, so when she was looking at it and then she'd tell me what she thinks so I'd get a chance to go on and look at it, I then had to start from the beginning again. It wasn't to the point that I got so frustrated that I quit doing it though. But if there was something there that says, "Do you want to save this for later? Give me your email address and we'll save it for you," or a "Save" button, that might have been some way to handle it.

I ended up getting a stroller that's all black because that's what my daughter-in-law wanted. My son and his wife thought the delivery time, as well as the condition of the stroller, was fabulous. My son was not a Mr. Handyman but he put the stroller together fairly easily. And although the stroller is a luxury item, it sounds to me that it's the norm as I became more aware of the price of strollers. But if it is as durable as it looks like, it's going to be a good investment. Overall, it was a neat experience with Bugaboo and I would recommend this brand to people who can afford the price.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I had a very good experience navigating the Bugaboo site and purchasing the Bugaboo Bee5. We read some reviews on the internet and thought that Bugaboo was the best possibility. And since we bought it, we use the stroller very much. Although it's expensive, it works fine and I would buy it again. I have already recommended Bugaboo and persuaded people to buy it.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I've been using Bugaboo for years now. Recently, I purchased the Bee 5 in burgundy. It's custom-made and the body is in black color. It's a little heavy than the first one I had and before, I was more comfortable to carry it on buses and trains. Also, the seat used to lean sidewards so the children could take a nap well. Now, it doesn't lean too much. Everything else about the new stroller is fine. I bought it online and their website was pretty easy to navigate through. You could select how you want to build the stroller, which was amazing. I'd tell my friends to buy a Bugaboo Stroller. It's one of the best strollers and it's really satisfying to have.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I bought the Bugaboo Bee5 for a friend. She heard about Bugaboo through word of mouth -- from her friend. I had no problem purchasing online. My friend directed me through it. We did the pink cover and it was very easy to use their customization tool. It arrived quickly and my friend didn’t say if there were any issues with it when it arrived.

Original review: April 7, 2018

My husband did a bunch of research on Bugaboo Strollers and he liked the build of the stroller. We compared it to others and the others would make all sorts of noise. The Bugaboo stroller seemed really smooth when we tried it out and has a solid design. When I purchased the Bugaboo Cameleon 3 complete US Kite, the purchasing experience was super easy. Their website was clear and the check-out was quick.

Original review: April 6, 2018

In style, the Bugaboo Bee 5 seemed more convenient for me than the Bugaboo Donkey, Cameleon or the other ones. We went to the Buy Buy Baby to look at strollers and I had bought different types of strollers before 'cause this was for my third child. I liked the Bugaboo Bee because it has the option of adding the wheel board that the child can seat up on as well. I liked it in the color black and the red canopy was okay with me. It's a great stroller and I absolutely love it. I use it for my three-month-old daughter right now and I like all those buckles that it has for safety. I put her in the stroller everyday and she seems to be very comfortable in it. I take her for a walk and I use it when we have to go to the hospital. It's a great tool for me and I have loved every minute of it. I highly recommend it.

Original review: April 6, 2018

The process of online purchasing for a Bugaboo stroller was easy and the shipment was fast. I got the stroller in December or January and I haven't used it till February or March, and I have a little issue that needs repair. There was one day when we used the stroller and I was folding it in while we were putting it in the car, and the little wire in the sunshade is broken. The quality has a little issue which I'm not very happy with, particularly with the certain amount that we spent on it. Other than that, the stroller is solid and I'm happy with my Bugaboo Bee5.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I saw a Bugaboo fifteen years ago that I loved and just kept it in the back of my head forever so it was the stroller we went to. I trusted going to the Bugaboo Strollers site and getting all the information I needed. I ordered directly from them because I knew it would be the latest and greatest of what I was looking for. The purchasing process went relatively smoothly and well. I purchased the Bugaboo Chameleon 3 in black and we put the stroller together. I had one problem with it once we put it together and I reached out to the warranty group. I didn’t get a reply, so it took me twice. I sent a picture of what I was asking about and describing both times. The second time I sent something, they took care of it and sent out a new piece. I haven’t put it together yet with the new piece, but they sent back the new piece that we needed.

I put it together myself and it was not difficult and the ordering process was easy. I watched the videos if I had any questions and it walked me through things well to figure out what it was that I wanted. We trust the brand so we felt confident ordering for the brand itself. It’s a high price-point, so I try to be discreet about it but I’m sure we'll be thrilled with ours.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I went to a buybuy BABY store in New York check out all the different strollers by both Bugaboo and another company to compare them. My wife and I settled on the Bugaboo as we had a great hands-on experience in the store with it. We learned how to manipulate it, fold it, put it together and all the accessories that are possible with it.

We then went to the website so we could order the stroller directly from Bugaboo. The website was fantastic. It was pretty turnkey constructing and building exactly what we needed. However, we ended up with a car seat from a different company. Still, we were able to get our hands on an adapter from Bugaboo which worked out perfectly. We recently used the stroller for the first time because it was snowing in New York. We took our baby out in it yesterday and we loved it It was a perfect, smooth ride. Also, the stroller was just the right size and had everything we would need for rides down New York City.

In New York, it's a tight squeeze for everybody. So, it was a toss for us to choose between the Cameleon 3 and the newer model. We ended up with the Cameleon because in the neighborhood we live in, it gives us a little more room. We live right next to Central Park so we wanted something that had a little more meat on the bones. Also, the functionality of the stroller is great. I live in a brownstone and a walk-up so we don't have an elevator. The Cameleon weighed a bit less than the bigger model so carrying it up and down the stairs was a bit easier.

Usually, I'll take the structure of the stroller and my wife would wait at the bottom of the sidewalk. Then, I'd bring the baby down and tuck it under the bassinet or the car seat depending on which part we use. The stroller is really easy to use and I think it's a seamless build. The attachment for the car seat is snap-in, snap-out so we don't have to rebuild anything. Also, it is really well made and simple to break down into carry mode or storage mode.

Bugaboo Strollers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bugaboo is a Dutch company that was founded in 1999. The original design of a modular stroller that can be used and taken anywhere remains the core of their business. Find Bugaboo strollers at major retailers around the world and online.

• Customize your design: Choose your stroller’s frame, canopy color and seat color for a totally customizable experience. Strollers are available in up to 64 unique color combinations.

• Mono, duo and twin options: The Bugaboo Donkey stroller is available for one child, two children of different ages/sizes or for twins. There are 17 unique configurations, allowing for the ultimate in flexibility for parents and caregivers.

• All terrain option: Ideal for parents and caregivers who vary the terrain they take their strollers on, the Bugaboo Buffalo has is designed for all-terrain performance. This stroller grows with your child, taking you from infant to toddler with a bassinet that converts to a seat.

• Runner stroller: The Bugaboo Runner is available as either a complete jogging stroller or as an easy click-and-go accessory for current Bugaboo owners. The seat of the complete jogging stroller is reversible.

• Accessories: Add accessories to your Bugaboo to complete the stroller experience and keep your child comfortable in all types of weather. There are many accessories available, including an organizer, smart phone holder, sun canopy, tray, footmuff, mosquito net and more.

• Best for: Bugaboo strollers are best for parents and caregivers looking for a high-end stroller with the durability to withstand frequent use.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs