4.68/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bugaboo is designed for parents on the move. Since 1994, Bugaboo has developed cutting-edge products designed to help you see the world, kids in tow, with style and ease. Bugaboo offers five unique stroller systems, several limited edition strollers, and a variety of accessories to fit your lifestyle whether that includes, travel or running, city or country, with one kid or two.

Move freely with Bugaboo.

Bugaboo Strollers Gallery (4)
View More View More

527 Bugaboo Strollers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I recently purchased a Bugaboo Bee stroller online and the purchase process was easy. My sister bought the same stroller and she loved it, so we wanted to get what she had. It's the best stroller on the market, that’s why we went with it and there’s nothing that compares.

Get expert buying tips about Strollers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

This was the second time that I bought a Bugaboo stroller so it was easy. I did it online and it was actually nice. It was easy for me to see the different things they had for the stroller. It was more fun too. The first time I bought a Bugaboo stroller was at Toys R Us and they didn’t have many options. They gave us the choice to go online and have it sent. But it was our first stroller and we wanted to make it easy. The first stroller lasted for three years until the wheels got a little bit tired. But it was great and what I liked about it was all it needed was the extra wheel. We could also buy extra stuff, like what we need. But my husband didn’t want to make our second baby feel less than her sister. So we bought another one instead of just getting the wheel.

We got the Bugaboo Bee and it is really nice. I live in New York and it’s really easy for me to carry on the trains. Even if I have the baby, I can carry the whole thing together and go upstairs and downstairs. I also live in a three-floor apartment and because the stroller is really small, it's easy and really practical for me. My parents also gifted us something that goes on the back of the stroller that would let my four-year-old stand up on it. I love the stroller and if I had to buy another one, it would be this one again.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I live in a walk-up and needed a stroller that was quickly collapsible and very light. I liked the weight of the Bugaboo Bee5. Purchasing it online was very easy. I picked the color and went with the recommended parts. It’s a really good product. It’s solid, sturdy, and has a good shock system. However, the seat itself is a little low to the ground and could be slightly higher. I’ve used it going in the airport and it has done well.

I have a friend that has a Bugaboo Bee3 and she has a second child now. She is using the accessory with the kickboard. With the kickboard, you have to position yourself a bit off-center to the side because you can’t walk easily and have a three-year-old child on the kickboard as you’re walking. An optimization of the attachment for the second child would be preferable and they should make the seat a bit more comfortable.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I bought a Bugaboo stroller online and it wasn't easy to find what I needed but the website was very easy to navigate. I've always loved the Bugaboo Bee. I have three kids and number three got the Bugaboo Bee. The other ones had the UPPAbaby. I’m in my car a lot so I needed something a bit smaller that I could maneuver around -- something not so big and bulky. Also I like pushing a smaller kind of carriage. Large strollers are nice but it’s harder to navigate.

But the Bugaboo Bee is expensive. The bigger strollers are priced the same as this stroller. But the quality is great once I figured out how to open and close it and everything gets smoother. The Bee though is a smaller stroller so it should not have been as expensive as the larger strollers. But when we’ve travelled with the Bee to Israel it was pretty smooth getting it back and forth. It’s nice to travel with it and it has got a really good style. Bugaboo is very pleasant to work with and I’m very much enjoying the stroller.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I went to the Nordstrom website and finished the purchase of my Bugaboo Bee 5 Stroller there. However, assembling the stroller was a bit difficult. Even though my husband did it, I still feel that it was a little bit complicated. He had issues with the seat and after I purchased another sun canopy to put on it, it looked really weird after he finished. He checked every part, but it still didn’t look right. But the stroller has been functioning well.

I actually bought the Stokke Trailz because I can adjust the height. But the Bugaboo Bee 5 is much smaller so it's easier to carry. I've been using both of them. I've recommended both strollers to one of my friends who will be due in October. If Bugaboo has a standing board for the toddlers who cannot walk yet which is safe for the baby to stand in, that would be better because now my son can walk pretty well. Before that, he has been crawling everywhere. He's not comfortable with just staying in the stroller with the straps and everything so he would like to come down on the ground. None of the stroller brands have that feature yet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bugaboo Strollers?

Original review: July 29, 2018

I recently purchased a Bugaboo Bee 5 online. I liked the model because it isn't too big. I was choosing between this model and the one that goes in the plane. Still, the one I got works well. All the strollers from Bugaboo are expensive but what made mine expensive is because I bought the bassinet as well. If I just bought the seat, it would've been much cheaper, but I bought the whole thing. Aside from that, the stroller does what it has to do and I'm happy with the purchase.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Purchasing the Bee5 ALU online was easy and it was shipped out quickly. We were going on a vacation to Paris and we were worried we won’t get it in time, but the stroller arrived way sooner than we thought we would. So far, we're happy with the stroller. It maneuvers well. We took it all over Paris. When one of the adjustments to the handle was not locking in place, Bugaboo sent out a part when we contacted them. But the part didn’t work, so they sent out the new frame for it and that did the trick.

This is our second Bugaboo stroller. We also had a Donkey at home that we got since we’re planning on having two kids. It was the best convertible stroller that we found and then, we like the product so much that we stuck with it when we decided to get a travel stroller. My favorite thing about the Donkey and the Bee are the wheels. The wheels are so smooth, I never have any problems. I had trouble inflating them once though. I couldn’t find the tool for it so I ended up using a regular bike pump. But otherwise, we love the stroller. Everything is great.

I like the indoor carriage, plenty of room there, but it never gets in the way. The brake is convenient too. I never have to search for it. I just know where it is automatically with my foot. Also, I can take the Donkey on trails. There are very few other strollers that I see around where you can actually go on a mulch or a gravel trail and the kid stays comfortable. Overall, Bugaboo has high-quality strollers and great customer service.

Original review: July 27, 2018

When my wife uses our bubblegum pink Bugaboo Stoller, people have been stopping her and telling her how nice it is. My wife knew exactly what she wanted when we purchased it online and I built it up for her. The stroller has an amazing style and you don’t have to be a scientist to build it. After the frame is put up, you choose if you want the bassinet and eventually it’s easy and simple.

Original review: July 26, 2018

At first, I went to Buy Buy Baby because I wanted their 4moms stroller. But then, not too many people liked it. Instead, they liked UPPAbaby or Bugaboo. I went with the latter as it was lightweight and easy to travel around with. I ordered directly from their website and it was easy. Since getting the stroller, I've liked it and I think it's worth it. Bugaboo is a good stroller company.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Purchasing a Bugaboo stroller online was easy to do. Their site was very straightforward of what we can and cannot have and showed exactly what we needed when we were building it. We bought the Donkey2 due to its good size and the availability of customization that Bugaboo offered. We like the stroller's movability. We’ve only tried it a little but we’re super excited to have it since, with the Donkey, we can have the availability to have two in the future. Although the Bugaboo stroller is an investment, it’s totally worth it.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Two years ago, we purchased a Bugaboo Cameleon and at that time, we were living in New York City. We wanted a stroller that was very urban friendly for us to be walking through a big city and taking it to a lot of places. Now, we have a two-year-old and a newborn and since we liked the Bugaboo features, I stuck with the same brand to get the double. We like the side-by-side design of the Donkey² versus stacking the two kids on top of each other. And it was easy to go through the purchase process and pick out the colors. However, we expected the Donkey² to have the exact same features as the Cameleon, just with two. But I was a little disappointed with some of the features on the Donkey.

It looks like Bugaboo was taking a less expensive route and some of the features were skimped on. For example, the Cameleon's bassinet has a zipper cover whereas on the Donkey, it's Velcro which is cheaper. Plus our newborn kicks his feet a lot and he kicks the cover off. And across those, the bassinet and the toddler’s feet, there’s a bar. On the Cameleon, you can unlatch one side and turn the handle, keeping it fastened to the stroller. But with the Donkey, there isn’t a turn lever feature. You have to take the whole thing off and then you have to put the bar somewhere 'cause it's completely disconnected. We miss that feature of the Cameleon versus what is in the Donkey. The one on the Donkey makes it difficult to get the kids out.

Also, to put the brake, the Donkey has a foot pedal whereas the Cameleon had a lever on the handlebar. That was easier to use and I appreciated that more. The installation of the canopy on the Donkey was also harder. With the Cameleon, it was really easy. There were two brackets that you could see through and they connected easily. But with the Donkey, there are three brackets and that becomes a pain because we also switch the canopy out from summer to winter. For summer, we have a lighter canopy and for winter, we use a heavier, solid one.

One other recommendation that I would make to Bugaboo is the ability to convert any single stroller to a double. The Cameleon won't convert to a two-seater and although there is a kickstand that you can get with the little canopy on the back, our two-year-old’s a bit too young for that. We still want to be able to strap him in to go places. The Donkey has the ability to go to a single with a little side basket then you can make it wider because the double's the best way for it. But when we had our first child, the Donkey was a bit more expensive and we didn’t know how soon we would have another kid. The Donkey’s bigger too and we didn’t the storage space for it. We're a little bit disappointed with the double but it’s still a nice stroller and Bugaboo does have excellent quality.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I had the Orbit stroller for my first daughter and I thought they didn't make it anymore. Now that we'll have two daughters, I looked for a double and Bugaboo Donkey2 stroller looked nice. I like that this one could be like a two-stroller but you can also collapse it into one with the little storage basket. It's so versatile. Purchasing it was super easy, I did it on their website. I like that you could customize it. In fact, I chose the olive-green color. It was cool that they offered that. It also shipped super fast. In addition, they have all the videos so I could see how easy it was to fold. And although I was a little nervous cause I wasn't able to test it out before I bought it, I’m so happy with how the Donkey2 rides.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Bugaboo was recommended by our friend and we recently purchased a Bugaboo Bee5 in ALU. The online purchasing process was fast. The stroller is nice, light, and stable. It also has high quality. We still use it until now, so everything is going well. It is really helpful. Bugaboo is the only choice we have to recommend.

Original review: July 22, 2018

The Bugaboo 5 stroller’s functionality is amazing. It’s easy and practical and I don’t have to really push it to go. It’s easier to carry around too. I love its style. A lot of people like the stroller too and they ask about it. I’m just having a little bit of an issue with the stroller when I’m closing it. Usually, it stays together when I close it because the seat is to the front, looking at the baby, looking at me and when I close it, the seat keeps coming out. In order to open it, I have to remove the chair. But Bugaboo is the best and now that they've improved, it’s even better.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I bought Bugaboo Donkey2 as a gift for someone, and purchasing it was very easy. They shipped it to the person I was giving it for and it arrived on time. I the

built it with somebody.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Bugaboo Strollers were lightweight compared to the rest of the other brands and I also liked the design. It was very easy to purchase online. You can customize the stroller, but you have to buy all the accessories for it. Other than that, it is very functional and I really enjoy it. I never regret getting one and I've recommended Bugaboo Strollers to a couple of my friends that are pregnant.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I want to share with you my experience with bugaboo delivery. The delivery was scheduled for July 6th and it was clear in the confirmation letter that as soon as this is more than 500$ delivery this will require my signature. Fedex **. So I took a day off and wait for the delivery. No one called or contacted me so at 8 pm I went out for a walk and found 3 boxes on my name downstairs by the elevator. That was my Bugaboo Fox stroller.

As you know one of the boxes is really heavy so I need to find someone to help me to get it to my apartment (impossible to carry such a weight for pregnant woman). That was not what I expected. Another thing - they left my 1600$ order just in the unattended hall which I also find unacceptable. As for the stroller - it looks great and it was easy to settle it up. Will try it at the end of the summer. Thank you for your time I hope my review will help you in the future.

Original review: July 19, 2018

My wife wanted to purchase a Bugaboo Bee5 stroller and it met our expectations. It’s all around a pretty good stroller. The cost is more than average but it’s reasonable. We’ve been using a much larger stroller before and Bugaboo feels smaller. It’s compact and light to carry around or fold in and put in the car trunk. My wife and I and our son went to Korea once and then we were on a plane and they stacked the stroller somehow. And then, everything was fine until when I was trying to unfold by pushing the brake pedal down, it felt more compressed and stiff. It has changed because it was really smooth and easy to unfold. If that thing didn’t happen, it will be perfect. But it seems a little stiff now. But if there is a friend around me who’s expecting, I would recommend Bugaboo.

Original review: July 19, 2018

The Bugaboo Donkey double stroller is the only one in the market that I could find that expands to be a double side-by-side. I purchased it through the Bugaboo website and that was easy. After about seven days, I got it. The cost is really high though. I don’t necessarily feel like it should cost this much more than other strollers that I see around, but for what we wanted and what we were looking for, it was worth it. I love this stroller. The push is really smooth and it makes it feel really lightweight. The wheels are great for the city and I like that it opens side-by-side. The bassinet has been great for my little one and my bigger one likes the seat and the accessories too. I’m really happy with the purchase.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I did a lot of research and saw that Bugaboo was one of the best strollers out there. I like the style of what they have. Ordering one was super easy and I even got to customize the seats. I love the Bugaboo Bee that I bought. It looks and feels fine. I can’t wait to use it.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I've owned Bugaboo Donkey twin for a little over two years. I am happy with the stroller and would recommend it to other twin moms. About two months ago I ordered a set of foam filled wheels (one wheel broke and I didn't want to bother with air filling the remaining tires). I received them, installed them and a problem appeared with the front wheels being very wobbly and vibrating when I walked faster or stepped off the curb. I called your Customer Service after a few days and the experience was very disappointing.

First of all, I had to wait for a very long time for a representative to speak to me. I believe it was well over 20 minutes. The person I spoke to seemed uninterested to help me and somewhat annoyed with me not understanding exactly what he suggested that I do. I described the best I could the issue I was having. He said it was the so called shimmy effect. He told me that I needed to buy new braking mechanisms. This didn't seem to make sense to me since the problem appeared after I put in the new wheels. I had zero problems with braking before and after.

It has been a while since the conversation took place so I don't remember the details. After I hung up the phone without having received any viable advice, I googled the issue, found a simple solution to the problem (put rubber washers on the pegs of the wheels to close the possible gap between the wheel and stroller). Generally, I was dissatisfied and disappointed with the quality of customer care I received.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Bugaboo is very popular but testing and seeing how much lighter and better in quality they are compared to others made me want to buy from them. They also have more options when purchasing through their site, unlike going through other retailers that only have certain options. Some people might prefer to get super light ones like the YOYO but those wouldn't take you through winter or on grass very well. On the other hand, Bee is a good compromise because although it's light, it would hold up. I could use it in a bad weather. It is the best all-around stroller for city dwellers. It's versatile and gives the smoothest ride compared to other strollers. I'm happy with it and I figured we'd be having it for quite a while. It’s totally worth the cost and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: July 16, 2018

My girl is a bougie and wanted an expensive stroller. We chose Bugaboo for the style and the features, like the bassinet. I enjoyed picking out the stroller. I then ordered directly from them and got it immediately. Putting it together was simple. However, we’ve only been using the adapter for the car seat on the stroller because our child is still so little. But other than that, the experience has been okay. I like its function and that it goes in a complete 360. I could maneuver it around things. People that have seen the stroller liked the it and wished they could have one too.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Before going to the store, we have already identified the model we wanted, which was the Bugaboo Bee. We visited the store just to see the product itself and then, we purchased it online. They had the stroller delivered at home and building it was not the simplest, but it was doable. I put it together one evening and it took a bit of patience, but it works. It doesn’t really come with anything like trays or pockets but there’s one tray underneath the stroller, so we bought a bag and it’s particularly larger. It would be nicer if there were more accessories of that kind, like a bag that will come with the stroller. But other than that, we're happy with our Bugaboo. It's convenient, light, and easy to handle, open and close. It also makes our life easier.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I was referred to Bugaboo, I did an online search then I picked one we thought would be best. The Bugaboo Donkey seemed more versatile than the others. The cost is comparable and it's a bit costly, but it’s worth it. We already got the stroller and it’s been fine since. It gets job done.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I shopped around a fair amount because it was a big purchase but I felt best about going through Bugaboo. I liked the accessories that they have to go with the strollers and it seemed to have everything that I might need that would come up as we go along. I got a Bugaboo Cameleon 3 and the purchase experience was good. I made it online and it was extremely easy. It took some research to understand the difference between the various strollers, but I realized that I wanted to go with the complete set because I wanted the bassinet to go with it. So, I ended up with the Kite complete set which seems to be treating us well.

We've been using it for a week and a half. I'm surprised it doesn’t fold down quite as small and the space it takes up in the back of my car which is a Suburban which is pretty large. But overall, we love it. What I really wanted was the bassinet that my baby can lay down in. He is so happy in it. We're out in the heat of the day and just out for so many hours like what he really needed to be and he would lie down appropriately in the bassinet. So, I was really pleased that Bugaboo had that option. Also, we were missing the muslin blanket that was supposed to be included and the customer service rep was extremely nice, very quick, and helpful even though I had a screaming baby and a barking dog and everything else going on in the background. I'm pleased with their customer service so far.

It seems like it's really expensive at first but it's well worth it. We have the jogging strollers and we have bouncing strollers and everything that was also fairly expensive but it didn’t offer the bassinet. The bassinet is actually really important for this newborn phase and I know I'll appreciate it later on being able to use the mobility of the regular seat as well with going places. I sold a few other strollers that were my go-to shopping strollers when I decided to make the Bugaboo purchase and I'm really excited that I have the Bugaboo. I had a whole fleet of strollers and I probably should have just gone with the Bugaboo back when we had a baby in 2009. I would tell others to go ahead and get it. It's worth the investment.

Original review: July 11, 2018

We ordered from Bugaboo online and I liked the fact that I can take out and customize the colors. The Bugaboo B5 is really lightweight and our daughter has been in it even if she is probably too small for it. I use it all the time. Sometimes the reclining seat suddenly recline on its own or half of it will recline almost as if our daughter is laying in a slant. It's a little flimsy but I fixed it and it's not a big deal. Also, it's crazy how expensive it is. I have the Thule jogging stroller which has all these functionality, special ventilation system and all the stuff are running and it was half the price. But the Bugaboo is great being lightweight. I'm a stay at home mom and it's Manhattan so we're out a lot. Unless I'm using the jogging stroller, I'm using the Bugaboo. It's our daughter's main form of transportation and like right now, I've left for the gym and they had day care there and she stayed in the Bugaboo the whole time and can sleep and stuff. It has been very seamless.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I bought a Bee5 Classic from Bugaboo Strollers since it was in a special, limited color edition. I also got it because it's one of the lightest strollers out there that are of high quality or from a luxury brand. Buying it was easy. I ordered it at night and it came the next day. Since it was a special edition, it was already all set up for me and I couldn't pick any features.

My interactions with the reps were good, but they took a while to respond. I bought a tray for the stroller and I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't fit. The instructions said it was only for a Bee3 stroller, so I contacted Bugaboo and the reps told me that the tray works for all strollers. They also told me that I can call them and they can help me set it up, but then I didn't want o deal with that so I just asked for a returnable. That took four days to get but it was free so that was okay. Also, I had a question about the adaptors for my car seat and they weren't able to help me because they would only email, so I had to ask another company about their adaptors. Other than that, however, although the stroller is expensive, it's worth the price.

Original review: July 8, 2018

We had Bugaboos in the past and my wife liked the quality. The purchase process for Bugaboo was easy. I looked at what they had and picked out from the site. The Bee5 Bugaboo stroller we bought is great. So buy it.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Purchasing the Bugaboo stroller online was easy. My wife did it and we got it quickly. She also assembled it very quickly. So far, we're very happy with the stroller. It's a good product for travelling.

Bugaboo Strollers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bugaboo is a Dutch company that was founded in 1999. The original design of a modular stroller that can be used and taken anywhere remains the core of their business. Find Bugaboo strollers at major retailers around the world and online.

• Customize your design: Choose your stroller’s frame, canopy color and seat color for a totally customizable experience. Strollers are available in up to 64 unique color combinations.

• Mono, duo and twin options: The Bugaboo Donkey stroller is available for one child, two children of different ages/sizes or for twins. There are 17 unique configurations, allowing for the ultimate in flexibility for parents and caregivers.

• All terrain option: Ideal for parents and caregivers who vary the terrain they take their strollers on, the Bugaboo Buffalo has is designed for all-terrain performance. This stroller grows with your child, taking you from infant to toddler with a bassinet that converts to a seat.

• Runner stroller: The Bugaboo Runner is available as either a complete jogging stroller or as an easy click-and-go accessory for current Bugaboo owners. The seat of the complete jogging stroller is reversible.

• Accessories: Add accessories to your Bugaboo to complete the stroller experience and keep your child comfortable in all types of weather. There are many accessories available, including an organizer, smart phone holder, sun canopy, tray, footmuff, mosquito net and more.

• Best for: Bugaboo strollers are best for parents and caregivers looking for a high-end stroller with the durability to withstand frequent use.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs