Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I specifically looked for Bugaboo Strollers the moment I went online because I already have something specific in mind with what I wanted and it didn't take me long to put everything together. A friend of mine have it also so I saw it before I even bought it and got exactly what I want. Otherwise, it will be harder to put everything together online. Bugaboo is an expensive stroller but when you see the design and material, it's worth the money. You get what you pay for. Unlike others, it's not as nice looking as this one. It looks more durable, better and stable. My son loves it and he's comfortable. It's a lot easy to push around and maneuver and we have fewer problems with it.

These are the Mercedes-Benz of the strollers. My friends didn't understand why I spent so much money with the stroller but when they tried it with my son in it, they realized it's worth the money so I think they're gonna buy Bugaboo too when they have kids. My wife and I were very happy that we bought it. Keep up the good work and the quality. You're doing a great job and it looks better compared to others. The whole package is perfect and we love the product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a Bugaboo stroller 14 years ago and I really liked it so much, although it was kind of pricey. They're great strollers, have bigger wheels and are more capable of going down straight sidewalks and do fine on dirt paths as well. We bought another one as a gift for someone's baby and liked that we could customize the colors.

Donkey is a very good double stroller for city life, however it is not user-friendly while traveling. The foam wrap around the push handle gets torn easily. I have replaced the tires twice in last four years of use, especially the rear two, the valve is hard to reach and the valve will cut into the inner tube as time goes by. The accessory cup holder is a waste, if placed outside, the stroller won't fit in most doorway, if placed inside, it gets in the way folding the stroller. Last, once the kids get to over 25 pounds, the bottom of the seat frame will keep push down on the top of the front wheels, which makes it hard to push the stroller. I sent a email to your customer service last year mentioning this annoying problem but never heard back from you.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Michael,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with your Bugaboo product.

To service models that have been discontinued, our policy is that for older models we keep replacement and service parts available for two years. These two years are in line with international legal requirements and accommodate the 2-year warranty period that starts from the moment of purchasing a product.

The Bugaboo Bee 2007-2009 model was discontinued in February 2010, and since then we have kept service parts in stock for this model until May 2013 which amply covered the two-year warranty period. Again, we truly apologize for not being able to accommodate your request.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I called to inquire about a replacement rear tire for my 2009 Bugaboo Bee. I was told that I have no options other than eBay. A search with your customer service member proved that there were none available. It seems disingenuous to not support a common wear item on a stroller that is otherwise in perfect condition. I would love to recommend this product to friends and family, but the lack of post purchase support is really disappointing.

Exceptional stroller and rapid delivery! The stroller has lasted and pretty much brand new. I used the stroller with my kids and actually passed it on to my niece. Wouldn't want any other stroller but this one!!!

Resolution In Progress

Betzalel,

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience with our customer service. We value your feedback!

Original review: June 13, 2017

Hi. I ordered a replacement part for my Bugaboo Bee 3 stroller. I needed the bassinet adapters and I needed it fast. When the adapters came, there was only one piece instead of two. The representative on the phone said there was nothing they could do for me besides send another one out, but I really needed it earlier. It was a very poor experience with Bugaboo. I expected more from them, such as a credit.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We love our Bugaboo Stroller. The purchasing process was easy. We built it online and we didn’t have any problems. When we customized it, we went with the simple and just did all black. There wasn’t a whole lot of decisions, as far as color goes, but everything went very easy. We added just a handful of things. The only thing that I had trouble finding was the rear skate thing, a platform in the back, just something they can stand on since we have an older son that’s eight, but I think it’s been discontinued or it doesn’t fit on our stroller. Nevertheless, we like its simplicity. I liked everything that it came with and all the functions that it had. The style was very good and it’s perfect for the times.

However, it's big. We have a Yukon and it takes up our whole back end, so it’s a little difficult sometimes for my wife to fold up and put in and out. But for its size, it’s very light. We also liked the extra space which my wife likes when shopping. It has the extra basket. It's also very expensive but we pay for what we get. The reason that it rolls better, folds up smaller and that it’s a little bit larger, all have to do with money. The cheaper strollers weren’t cutting it for us. We had Britax and BOB Revolution prior to Bugaboo. BOB seems fantastic but most of them have like steering problems or stop issues. They didn’t turn or function as smoothly as we would like them to. But Bugaboo has been really nice and very smooth which was one of the biggest things. Overall, it’s been nice to have and it has satisfied all of our needs. My brother has the Bugaboo as well. I would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bugaboo Strollers?

I've been Bugaboo customer for over 8 years, first time I've seen Bugaboo stroller with my first child I fell in love, since that all my Bugaboo orders have been satisfactorily. The quality of products, the comfort it provides. The only two things I'd like to add, one is I'm waiting for Bugaboo to start making comfortable car seats, and two is the most important prices, at least accessories should be more affordable! But overall I'm always satisfied with Bugaboo.

We love our double Bugaboo donkey stroller. It is stylish, durable, convenient for twins yet small enough to fit through most doors and elevators, even the narrow ones in New York. It's safe, good for snow storms and torrential rain, yet incredibly nice for the warmer Summer weather as well.

Ashley,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve your issue! Your feedback is important to us.

Original review: June 8, 2017

We love our Bugaboo Buffalo. It is hands down the best stroller I have ever owned. We are looking forward to purchasing the donkey in the future. I ordered the limited edition breezy and it arrived damaged. I sent bugaboo an email and they were very quick to respond. I ended up sending in photos of the damage and they quickly got a replacement sent out. It arrived quickly and was perfect. Thanks again for the smooth transaction and quick delivery of the replacement.

Ordered some upgrades for my 9 year old Cameleon stroller. Price and shipping time were great. Left 1 star off because breeze canopy won't stay extended at last option without pulling mosquito net out. Otherwise, no issues, still extends well. Lightweight, breezy, looks great on our original model.

Bugaboo Strollers

Kelly, we're delighted to read your feedback about our service. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: June 8, 2017

I called because I thought I had been sent the wrong parts to attach a wheel board to my Bugaboo chameleon 3. I had read the instructions and looked at the pictures but couldn't get it to work. The woman I spoke with was very patient with me and walked me through how to attach the accessory and I understood her very well. I was able within 5 minutes to properly attach the wheel board.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought the Bugaboo stroller here in the States and sent it to a friend of ours, who then brought it over to China for us. It's easy to put together and disassemble, and it's sturdy. Overall, the Bugaboo stroller is a good product that delivers on what they advertise. My daughter likes it and everything was so easy to do via Amazon.

Bugaboo Strollers

We appreciate your feedback, Erin! We aim to provide the best product for our customers!

Original review: May 25, 2017

I went to order a Bugaboo stroller first from Amazon and they couldn't get it. It was very strange. I waited three weeks and then the seller from Amazon said that they sent it but I never got it. But that doesn't have to do with Bugaboo. I ordered it directly from their website and was able to get it that way. I had a little trouble at first, but it was because of my computer, not necessarily their website. I had to use my phone and then I was able to do it.

I did the Cameleon3 and got the specialty edition where it's blue on the top and a sand color on the bottom. It's very functional and seems to be of great quality. It's a little bulky when I close it up to put it in the trunk, but I have nothing to compare it to. But so far, my baby loves it. It's very smooth to use and it's a nice ride for him. It's expensive, but so far it’s worth it ‘cause I can use it for his whole childhood. It also helps us to get out of the house and move around and go places. It's great for going on walks ‘cause I can bring a lot of stuff with us. All in all, I'm very happy and I wouldn't want to be without it. We love it. It's perfect and it makes motherhood much easier.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted a side-by-side stroller where I felt my toddler could have enough room and not get smashed by the car seat. I got a Bugaboo and it's a lot nicer appearance-wise and more durable than the old stroller I used. The cost is high but I got what I paid for. However, taking the stroller apart and putting it in my car is a pain in the butt. Bugaboo could make it like the BOB where I could fold it in half. Other than that, my experience has been good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recently purchased a Bugaboo B5NA Black Stroller online. I know it is a good one upon seeing it. We haven't used it too much yet because the baby is still a couple of weeks old and don't take the baby out too much. But one thing I noticed, when I tried to open it, the beginning is a little struggle to make unfold. And also, the price is kind of high.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm happy with the Bugaboo stroller. I got a Bee5 from them and bought it online through their website. The purchasing process was simple. However, it was a little bit confusing if you needed to add the pieces or not. You can also try to compare prices with other websites. On the Bugaboo website, it was more expensive though. We needed to add all the parts because the base stroller which doesn't come with the seat cover, doesn't come with the canopy. Also, it feels like they give you the beginner's price with all the extras you need on their site.

I chose Bugaboo because it was lightweight and it was gonna fit my sister's car. The style is very nice as well. The only thing is that when I travel to my country, the Bee5 has suspension on the wheels and they're not flat on the sidewalk. The design of the tiles has ridges so it moves more. I mentioned it when I was to confirm the extra warranty. But, the functionality is good. I know that a lot of Europeans buy Bugaboo. It's very comfortable, too. On the whole, my experience with Bugaboo Strollers was good.

We love the stroller and its accessories. After much comparison shopping we made the best decision by purchasing the Bee5. It is very lightweight, easy to maneuver and very versatile. Best purchase we made so far of our baby girl.

Azucena,

We truly appreciate your feedback!

Whether you're off to the shops or the park, the Bugaboo Donkey is an ideal solution. Its innovative side luggage basket and large under seat basket mean there's enough storage space for your shopping or a day out and about.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I have been using the Bugaboo Donkey and without a doubt it has been the greatest experience. I love it so much. It is so convenient to have the side basket. It is easy to assemble and such a fashionable stroller.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Out of the other strollers, Bugaboo Strollers fit our needs of how it works. We have two little kids so the double was perfect for us. We purchased it online and the only problem we had was sometimes the website froze. But we like the style of the stroller and it's very nice. Also, it's made with good products and state-of-the-line stuff. Although lately, it's been having some closing and opening issues and we tried to contact them to see what we can do about it. But when we're using it outside, the product works great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Bugaboo stroller makes our life easier. Everything was easy to figure out. It's unique and we like the different parts that go with it. We like how we have the bassinet for our infant, the Diesel cloth on it, as well as the other parts for a toddler side-by-side instead of one facing the other one's back. And that was easy to put together and undo. The wheels are sturdy and the different snap system is easy to put together. I have two kids now so it's easy when we're going out, we could make it for two or make it smaller for one. It sets the tone for a different higher-end stroller. We're happy with the quality. We don't see too many people with it compared to all the other strollers that don't cost as much that are not as good quality, so it's worth it. However, we didn't like that Bugaboo don't have an instant car seat that's compatible with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a Cameleon 3 Plus stroller from Bugaboo and I like it a lot.

Hi Zuzanna,

Thank you for your kind words and your loyalty to the Bugaboo brand :)

Original review: May 15, 2017

I liked the Bugaboo stroller that my previous kids had, and now that I needed something smaller, I got another one. The quality is very good and I like that the baby can be facing me or facing backwards. The size makes things much easier. I can carry it, put it into the plane easier or to the trunk of my car. It's a great product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We looked around for a long time and we tried the Cameleon 3 Classic Plus Bugaboo Stroller out and it was the best one that we found. I originally purchased it in the store but I had a horrible experience. They promised they'll have it delivered in three weeks and six weeks later they still didn't have it in the store. So I cancelled the order, went online and purchased it there. Just started using it this week and it's convenient.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We live in three and a half acres and our driveway is a dirt road to get to the normal street. The Bugaboo Buffalo Plus has features where you can drag it through the sand and the tires were filled with styrofoam so they won’t pop. Those appealed to me. It’s a huge investment but we also figured we would use it for any subsequent children that we have. I wanted the all-black stroller and so I went on to Bugaboo’s website and there’s an option to pick which model you want and go from there. I had a friend who also had a Bugaboo so I talked to her about the features when I was deciding which stroller to purchase. I knew which accessories I wanted and then once we got the stroller, I realized I would like to use the bassinet portion for our room and there was an attachment or another accessory that you could use as a stand. I also purchased that later.

I really like the Bugaboo Strollers. They're sturdy and I’m using the bassinet seat for the child to sleep in at night. Plus, we got the stroller and our car seat clips into it. I had a C-section so I wasn’t able to carry her around in her carrier for six weeks but I was able to snap her into the stroller and get around. We take her on a walk every day and anytime I go to the store, I take it in with me and put my groceries in the basket at the bottom. The child has changed our lives and therefore the stroller has.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We recently bought a Bugaboo Donkey Plus stroller and we like it. We’ve used it for about eight times and it’s reliable, easy-to-use, and has a solid quality. It was a recommendation from a couple of friends who had twins and they stood by it. We also have twins so we didn't do much comparison shopping and went with it. We went to Toys R Us and they had the same stroller so we took a look quickly. Then we bought it online through the website and the buying process was straightforward. The manual with the pictures was also helpful and would work for all types of languages, but I wish it still had words. Other than that, the instructions have been easy to follow.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I first purchased my first Bugaboo stroller for my son, who's five now, I thought I would only use the one the baby stays in the entire time. But I found myself going on the beach and using two wheels instead of four and I love it. Now, I had my second purchase, the Cameleon3 Plus, and it has been a pretty good experience. I wouldn't consider any other stroller. I like how light the stroller is and all the different positions and ways that you can actually use the stroller. They're just great. The only thing that I would change is the bassinet because it doesn't close up. I feel like it should close in when you put pressure into it to make the storage of the vehicle easier.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love my Bugaboo experience. It's been a good. I had another Bugaboo years back which was the one that looks like a carriage and now I got the Bugaboo Bee 5 because it's lighter and more comfortable. I like its kind and it's easy to carry up the stairs. I went directly to their website and purchased it online. At the beginning, they sent me an email because they wanted me to give my ID and verify it was me on the credit card. So I scanned my driver's license and sent them a copy of it. After I sent my ID, they released it and kept on with the order right away. I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had the Bugaboo Cameleon for 11 years, which has gone through three children and then I just bought the Bugaboo Buffalo+ for traveling my third child. I bought that on Buy Buy Baby. I purchased online through their website another Cameleon for my friend who just had a baby, and another as well for my sister in Ireland. The online ordering process was fine and perfect. At first, years ago, it was bassinet that sold it for me. I really don't remember seeing anything with such good quality like Bugaboo.

I had to get a few replacement on the wheels for my initial Bugaboo only because 11 years in using it with three children is a long time. Anytime I needed it, I just bought replacements, which were fine. It was easy for me. The fact that you can put them forward, backward and it has the big basket underneath. It's easy enough to fold flat. It has great functionally. It's also great that it has everything you need to add-on if you need it, like the canopy extended and all the accessories to go.

The cost is of higher end compared to a lot of other strollers but I've had mine for 11 years, so I had no cause to get a cheaper one. It wouldn't have lasted that long with three children and a lot of traveling. It's great that we don't have to bring the whole thing in the car since they're small and we can just click the car seat into the chassis. More than anything, they're comfortable for the kids, especially when we do travel. We've traveled with the stroller to Ireland many times and it's a strong stroller surviving an international travel.That's why I kind of went through the Bugaboo versus anything else. The ones from Maclaren are very light but not comfortable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have had the Cameleon for 3.5 years and was really happy with it so I was hesitant to switch to another brand. However, we live in the city and I feel like Bugaboo is the best stroller in a city-like environment so I purchased a Bugaboo Donkey. It handles well on an urban street. It was easy to order online and I was able to pick the color of the sun canopy. I use it more than my car, so it's an important purchase for me when it comes to baby products. I use it to go in and out of stores every day, and I can push it with one hand and hold the door opening going into a store at the same time. It's also versatile with children of different ages.

I like that the Bugaboo Frog is convertible and grows with my baby. The car seat attaches perfectly and you can lower it to a flat position for baby to sleep comfortably. The best thing is its design. It is modern and pretty. But I don't like that it gets scratched very easily. The price and all the accessories are very expensive as well. Still, I love my Bugaboo stroller because it is very easy to open and close. It is almost automatic. It is very light and easy to carry.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a Bugaboo Cameleon 3 stroller online which could be folded down so it was compact. We don't have a lot of space and needed something that worked with what we had. Also, we didn’t want to buy three or four different strollers and Bugaboo had options to add on things as the baby grows. The bassinet worked really nicely with our small apartment because it can be used as a temporary bed until the baby got bigger. On the other hand, when the bassinet is on, it's really hard to get to the undercarriage if you need to grab something out of it. Also, the sun cover is a little bit awkward because it tends to fall off very easy. If I grab the stroller to move it over, the little sun cover just comes right off. Other than that, we're happy with the stroller.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Bugaboo is a Dutch company that was founded in 1999. The original design of a modular stroller that can be used and taken anywhere remains the core of their business. Find Bugaboo strollers at major retailers around the world and online.

• Customize your design: Choose your stroller’s frame, canopy color and seat color for a totally customizable experience. Strollers are available in up to 64 unique color combinations.
  • Mono, duo and twin options: The Bugaboo Donkey stroller is available for one child, two children of different ages/sizes or for twins. There are 17 unique configurations, allowing for the ultimate in flexibility for parents and caregivers.
  • All terrain option: Ideal for parents and caregivers who vary the terrain they take their strollers on, the Bugaboo Buffalo has is designed for all-terrain performance. This stroller grows with your child, taking you from infant to toddler with a bassinet that converts to a seat.
  • Runner stroller: The Bugaboo Runner is available as either a complete jogging stroller or as an easy click-and-go accessory for current Bugaboo owners. The seat of the complete jogging stroller is reversible.
  • Accessories: Add accessories to your Bugaboo to complete the stroller experience and keep your child comfortable in all types of weather. There are many accessories available, including an organizer, smart phone holder, sun canopy, tray, footmuff, mosquito net and more.
  • Best for Bugaboo strollers are best for parents and caregivers looking for a high-end stroller with the durability to withstand frequent use.

Bugaboo Strollers Company Profile