4.66/5
Based on 395 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bugaboo is designed for parents on the move. Since 1994, Bugaboo has developed cutting-edge products designed to help you see the world, kids in tow, with style and ease. Bugaboo offers five unique stroller systems, several limited edition strollers, and a variety of accessories to fit your lifestyle whether that includes, travel or running, city or country, with one kid or two.

Move freely with Bugaboo.

Bugaboo Strollers Gallery (4)
View More View More

489 Bugaboo Strollers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 23, 2018

I bought the Bugaboo Donkey 2 and purchasing it online was very easy. I like it ‘cause I have twins and I like the double. It’s very good and it steers well. It also made it easier to go out.

Get expert buying tips about Strollers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I checked out different stroller brands in the store and the Bugaboo strollers are very sturdy. Bugaboo is the only other brand that was as well constructed as City Select and even has a nicer aesthetic. I made an order online and the purchase process was easy. I loved their customer service and it was such a big jump for me. I didn’t know there was a problem but they figured it out. They were very helpful and they called me to explain that something had gone wrong with my order. I wasn’t expecting the level of service where they got everything situated and taken care of then got me my product in the same time. I didn’t have to do anything or wait any longer. So, I was actually very impressed with that and I would recommend them highly just off that. Let alone the fact that they make a great product. I got the Bugaboo Donkey2 since it can grow if we have another kid. I put it together and everything was straight.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Bugaboo is something that I had heard over the years that was the best of the best and I wanted to get that for my friend. And then after going to their website, they have some really great videos out there where they demonstrate how their strollers are so versatile. You can do so many things with them and there are a lot of options. That convinced me to go with Bugaboo too.

Bugaboo's website was easy to navigate and I could see the way that they had things classified with the different models. It was easy for me to pinpoint what I thought would be useful for her. For instance, I knew she wouldn’t want just a jogger stroller. And I could easily tell from the website that this is their jogger stroller. This is the stroller for when your child gets older and then you need to put another one in the stroller. But I had to make one call because when I was online, I was uncertain about a couple of choices that I was making. I was trying to make sure that this particular model of Bugaboo that I was purchasing was correct for the car seat that my friend was buying. And the reps were able to walk me through that and it was fine. I purchased the Bugaboo Cameleon 3 as a gift for my friend.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I love Bugaboo and this purchase was no exception. The online purchase was quick and easy and shipping was fast. I love my replacement foam tires for my Donkey - so nice not to have to pump up the tires or worry about a flat tire.

Original review: June 20, 2018

We recommend Bugaboo. Their strollers are the best and they are more reliable. My wife likes the Bugaboo B5 as it’s smaller. We purchased it online and the process was very easy. Then, we received everything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bugaboo Strollers?

Original review: June 19, 2018

I recently purchased a Cameleon 3 from Bugaboo. Prior to making the purchase, I knew exactly what I wanted and the color combinations. I intended to put the stroller in my car and I wanted the most minimal features. Also, I've had one before with my eldest daughter seven years ago and I really enjoyed using it. Back then, I had the Bee and the Cameleon and this time, I went with the latter as the Bee didn't work well long-term for us while the Cameleon held up better and was more sturdy. It took me five to ten minutes to order it. I've always liked the Bugaboo brand. I think it's a really good stroller and it's good for all terrains. I live in the suburbs and our sidewalks aren't always even.

Our Bugaboo stroller looks good and it's great for the baby. Since she's little, I've got it on the newborn setting. When we went out, it was really sunny, so it was good to be able turn the handlebar to the reverse and push the baby away from me so her face wasn't in the sun. Also, the canopy is super large and it keeps her protected as well. I really enjoy pushing it around and it makes me feel happy.

However, I think the Cameleon can improve by having some sort of button collapse feature because that's my only concern when traveling. It is a bit cumbersome because it's two parts that I have to take apart. I have to push it in with both hands, push it out to get off the bassinet, and then I have to turn the thing in reverse. I can't do that especially if I have another child that I'm trying to keep a hold of. Doing away with the two-part unit for the Cameleon and making it a bit more collapsible-friendly would be great. Though it can be cumbersome for people to travel in and out of a car or go into the city on the subway, I would still definitely recommend Bugaboo strollers to friends.

Original review: June 18, 2018

We received the Bugaboo Cameleon 3 Plus stroller I purchased online. During the purchase, everything was explained perfectly. We are expecting to have a baby in a couple of weeks and so we tried all the strollers. We were between Bugaboo and UPPAbaby, and we felt that the quality was better with the former. We liked the tires and the way it was maneuvering. Overall, the experience was better even though the price was slightly more expensive. Also, we didn’t open the sun canopy yet, and we want to replace it with a different color.

Original review: June 17, 2018

One of our friends in the UK had a Bugaboo stroller and she highly recommended it. We bought a Bugaboo Donkey 2. And we couldn't find one anywhere at a brick and mortar store, which wasn't great because we wanted to try it out and see how it felt. But we just had to take a chance on it and return it if it wasn't acceptable. Purchasing online was okay, but the website is a little heavy in the way that it renders the graphics. There were a few times that it hung up on us and we had to restart the page. Also, some of the options were out of stock.

We're happy with our Bugaboo stroller. Its looks and functionality are really good. We have twins, so it's big, but that's inevitable. The cargo storage underneath is small and not necessarily so easy to get to. And then, the stroller is still huge after folding it up to put it in the back of the car, so one needs a really big car. But it lets us get out a lot and go on a walk in the park, which is really good. The price is so high, though. And compared to what I thought was the next best product, it's three times the price and I'm in a position where I can afford it but not a lot people probably are. And as an engineer myself, I run a team that builds products. We're very customer-obsessed and we drive very hard to optimizing for cost so that customers can afford a product. And I would think that that should be a priority for Bugaboo, too.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Bugaboo is a good company and I would tell my friends about it. l purchased their Donkey 2 stroller online as a gift for my cousin's baby and it looks nice.

Original review: June 15, 2018

We initially got a City Mini GT but we decided to give it away because our child's view is blocked on it. With the Bugaboo Bee, she can actually see what's going on. Buying the Bugaboo Bee5 online was straightforward. We were looking at the Fox for a while, but with the things we did in New York, we wanted to have something that is almost like an umbrella stroller, but better. The Bugaboo Bee5 is smaller and more portable. The only thing is when I purchased it, it came with the cover in case it rains, and that is not very user-friendly. It would be better if it was integrated. Everything else is good other than that.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I like purchasing from the Bugaboo site directly because it was a lot easier than purchasing on a third party site. I was looking on Pish Posh and Magic Beans and they would not have one of the canopies that I wanted. Whereas ordering from Bugaboo site directly, everything was there in one place. It was nice to be able to have those extra different styles and I was able to order the special edition canopies. Everything went smoothly.

Before I had to get the double stroller, I had the Bugaboo Buffalo. I really liked it. It’s one of the best strollers in the market right now. It’s very smooth and the ride for my child seems a lot smoother too. He seems more comfortable whenever I do take the Buffalo out for him. Bugaboo strollers are a little bit on the heavier side than the other strollers that I do have, but we always keep it in hand in case we’re going to places like Disneyland or somewhere where they’re going to be sitting on the stroller for a long time. We always make sure that we take the Bugaboo stroller. They’re reliable. They make life easier and it’s a lot easier for the child too. Also, I like to nap my children in a Bugaboo stroller more than the other stroller because I know that it’s more comfortable.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We wanted the top-of-the-line type stroller and when we researched Bugaboo Strollers, they seemed to have the best in the market. We purchased two Bugaboo Donkey 2, a single and then a double because we're having another baby. We did it online and it was a perfect experience. The look of the stroller and the way it handles are really good, which are what we like the most about it. I love our Bugaboo strollers.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My sister received a Bugaboo stroller for her baby shower and I had a previously owned Cameleon that I bought from eBay. And since I have a three-year-old and a two-month-old and I didn't wanna go with any other brand, I decided to get the double-stroller. I purchased a Bugaboo Donkey 2 online and the purchasing process was easy. The website told me when they had the parts, so I had to wait a week and then I was able to get it. With the Donkey 2, it has been much easier to carry both kids. My three-year-old would not get on before, but now, he wants to be on the stroller and buckled in at all times. The Bugaboo is good and I love it. It fits perfectly through my doorway. And it's not humongous compared to the double-strollers that I've seen from other brands. It works great and it’s easy to assemble. Others need to get a Bugaboo stroller, too. Life is so much easier with it.

Original review: June 11, 2018

My wife did some research and Bugaboo came out as one of the top five reviewed things. Purchasing the Cameleon 3 Plus online though was not a good experience. The website was not very good as it would just freeze and crash. When we started to customize the stroller, it would freeze at some point so we had to do that about four times. The experience was not bad by any means but it was not super easy. We explored getting the stroller on Amazon but that did not have as many options as the Bugaboo website did.

We like the Bugaboo stroller so far. It looks pretty beautiful and sleek. We are in a city apartment, so we have to go down a flight of stairs every time we take the baby out. My wife cannot do it, but I can do it with a little bit of hassle, with the frame and the bassinet, so it's pretty good. Also, its functionality is pretty good. The bassinet seems to be huge but it could be a little better. Its Velcro thing was not quite working out. I had to do that many times until it started looking right. Also, the canopy on the bassinet is not perfect. But the frame is very light and installing it was good.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My boss wanted to give a Bugaboo Donkey 2 stroller as a gift. She forwarded me the information and told me to order it. Purchasing it online was very easy and the shipping was great. I got confirmation and everything went well. Also, building the stroller was pretty simple and to the point.

Original review: June 9, 2018

My son has some medical issues so we usually have quite a bit of medical supplies that we have to take with us. And I saw the Donkey 2's storage would definitely help us with all that we have to carry for him so I purchased it online. It was really easy to put it together online. You could pick out what you wanted and it was really simple and fast. However, we live in a smaller house so when it got to our house, our living room was full of boxes. I spent a good two hours just cutting them up and I finally fit them in one box. Otherwise, it would’ve taken two weeks for the trashman to get it all out.

I love our Bugaboo stroller. I like that I could turn the seat around because sometimes when he’s really sick and we go to the hospital, I get really nervous about him facing out. And so I’m able to turn him around and face him towards us. He has a low immune system, so we’re really careful with him. But I like that it doesn’t hinder us on going anywhere. In fact, we just got back from spending the weekend in Denver and we took it with us as well as the supplies and normal stuff for a two year old, and we’ve never had a problem anywhere. Even in the smallest doorways where people were there, the stroller fit right through. We went to the zoo, an aquarium and to a children’s museum. We were out and about a lot and so we had to make sure we had a good amount of stuff with us for our son. And we were able to fit everything on there and it was just great. I could even hide my wallet if I needed to. And, we got a lot of compliments on it too.

Original review: June 8, 2018

When I heard from people that they were really happy with Bugaboo Strollers, I tried out some of the strollers and I decided to go with Bugaboo. I purchased directly from the Bugaboo website and it was very easy to find what I wanted on their website. I got the Bugaboo Cameleon 3 Fresh Collection stroller in sky blue, which I chose for its size, color, and model. I use the stroller on a daily basis. It's great and I enjoy it. I've been very happy with my experience with Bugaboo Strollers.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I purchased a Cameleon 3 online from Bugaboo. Looking through their website was very convenient. Upon getting the stroller, I've liked everything except the storage area at the bottom. Everything except this has been perfect. Other people should buy Bugaboo strollers.

Original review: June 5, 2018

My friend had a Bugaboo Cameleon 3 before. I liked it and wanted the whole bassinet. I got online through Bugaboo's website. The Cameleon 3 is very lightweight, has suspensions, and is very maneuverable. However, it's very low. When the bassinet is on, you barely fit anything in the storage. Nevertheless, it's a great stroller and I would recommend it.

Original review: June 2, 2018

A couple of my friends have a Bugaboo Stroller and had a great experience so I got it. I already had a bunch of parts and I just had to get the main part of it. I called customer service and the rep helped me figure out which one I needed and I purchased it online. With the Donkey Plus, I can have both my kids in it at the same time and it glides so smoothly. The only downfall is it's just kinda heavy. Get Bugaboo if you're considering it.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I didn’t receive my Bugaboo stroller and it says it was delivered. It says it was signed for with my last name. But that’s not possible because it was in the middle of the day on a weekday and we worked. So it would have been through my nanny and she has a different last name. I get a lot of deliveries. We do all our shopping online and I do have this problem with Amazon a lot. This never happens with UPS because the same guy’s always delivering. But the FedEx guys, they switched them out a lot and they’re not so responsible. So this is not the first time I’ve had this with FedEx.

I called Bugaboo and they were like, “We’re gonna see if we can help you.” I was like, “Really? If? If you don’t help me, then I would have to dispute the charge.” This is really a mess because I got this one and the Mima to compare which I want to keep. The Mima came and I like it. So I want to keep that one. Now, I don’t even want Bugaboo. It really sucks. It was a lot of money. So I'm dissatisfied.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I purchased a stroller for myself and I liked how the Bugaboo stroller looked. Bugaboo's website was poorly designed though and I had to reload the item many times into the shopping cart. The graphics were nice but it took a long time to load everything properly. It has many features such as the ability to rotate pictures and change the coloring and those are nice additions to the website, but they slow the page down significantly which was a drawback. I did not like the interface at all and I did not enjoy the ordering process online. Compared with other websites, Bugaboo’s was significantly slower.

The Bugaboo Donkey2 is a nice stroller but I do not like how large it is when I have to put it in the back of a car. The base unit itself does not fold as nicely as I thought it would, so it fits awkwardly in the trunk. I’m basically out of space to put much of anything else in there. An Orbit Baby’s base folds very nicely and much easier than a Bugaboo stroller. The cost was a bit high but the quality was decent. Overall, the Bugaboo is a good choice. If you wanna spend some extra money for an extra stylish look, go for it. But if you just want the basic amenities, there are other more economic choices.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Many friends talked to me about Bugaboo. I went online and they had amazing options. You can also buy a part if something breaks. I bought a Bugaboo Bee5 and their purchasing process was very good. The stroller is beautiful and very functional. I really like it and it is the most practical choice. If you live in Europe, that is an amazing stroller. But I live in Venezuela and I travel a lot. I need something lighter but this stroller is a little bit big and heavy. So, they should make a new one that is less heavier and more compact so that you can close it easily if for example, you take it on the plane.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I’m so comfortable with my Bugaboo stroller. I purchased it at the store for myself. I brought my baby to the store and used different products as well, and I felt Bugaboo was the best for us. It’s small and it’s easy to handle. It was just under the budget we had. I’m just worried about if someone can help in Japan or other countries if it's broken there since if I’m heading back to Japan I’m gonna bring it there as well.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I ordered a Bugaboo Bee stroller online for a cousin who heard of its quality and wanted to give it a try. However, everybody likes that brand and there was a shortage of that certain model at that time when I was trying to purchase it, so I had to wait a little bit. I had to go back to the website, keep checking and checking to make sure they got it back in stock. Other than that, the purchasing experience was pretty easy and smooth. Also, when I opened the package, the materials and the frame are pretty good quality stuff. My cousin seems pretty happy with the stroller and it seems that the baby feels very comfortable sitting in there.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I felt like the Bugaboo Donkey had better wheels and was lighter than the other ones. Also, we live in a farm and I felt that it fitted our lifestyle better. I purchased a it online and everything was great.

Original review: May 25, 2018

My friends recommended Bugaboo and they all really like theirs. I didn't want to deal with something else but if I had wanted a stroller that would work for future kids, I might've gotten a Donkey, but I decided I didn't care and I would just buy a second stroller if I had to. The Bugaboo Bee5 color that I wanted was back ordered so I had to wait a little bit. But whenever I called, the customer service was good and it was ready in time. I made the purchase online and it was easy. But I went to a couple of stores looking at strollers before I purchased online.

However, it would be nice if there was more of a differentiated section which accessories go with which stroller in the website because some of them don't match each stroller which was a little bit confusing at first. I was looking for something really light and easy. I carried the stroller down three flights of stairs with my baby one time so it is a very light stroller. I like how small it was. It's really easy to get in and out of my car. It's easy to pop up and out and I'm still only using the bassinet, so I haven't even switched to the regular car seat yet.

The only thing I don't like is that the clip to put drinks in falls off really easily. If I disassemble my stroller, I have to take the coffee mug off, otherwise, it just pops off and slides out. If it's actually attached to the stroller and I'm pushing the stroller, and I have a drink in there, it's not a problem. It's only when I take the stroller apart. I also wish, there's a sun shade but it doesn't come in the color that matches my stroller. There's a really nice sun canopy that has a breezy thing on the side, and I live in Miami, and I keep on thinking about buying it in a different color anyway, but I'm like, "Maybe it'll come out with one of my colors soon." Other than that, Bugaboo's stroller was functional and easy. I'm super happy and I love it.

Original review: May 25, 2018

We've been using Bugaboo Strollers for years. I haven’t used the second one I bought since the babies haven’t come yet, but I know that they’re gonna love it because my other kids love theirs. I purchased mine online. I found what I wanted and I didn’t add anything to it at the time. I have since bought a couple of sheets to go in it. The experience was great and the product’s great. It's a Bugaboo Donkey2 and it came when I expected it. Bugaboo strollers are so easy to navigate and they last a long time. They’re easy to open and close and they move well. They turn really easily. I have another stroller that we don’t like as well, so it works good any way it sounds.

Original review: May 24, 2018

My friend had just gotten a baby and I bought a Bugaboo Bee5 for her. It was easy and straightforward purchasing it online. I searched for Bugaboo on Google and chose to go to the official website to purchase the product because my friend was concerned about the authenticity of the brand. Plus, other websites have a limited choice of color and style.

I went to the B part and selected her favorite color and the material that is better for her child. Then it moved forward to the payment process. I had it shipped to my friend directly and it arrived smoothly and on time. But, my friend has to ship it again because she's going back to China. At first, I didn't know if Bugaboo does global shipping, so I used the China version of their website. I tried to do my Bugaboo "You send to cart," but there was no link to the payment part. It was a bit confusing. If they don’t offer a payment option at the point, they should highlight that beforehand.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have twins and I was looking to get a stroller from UPPAbaby since the price point was better, but theirs was more like a stadium seating. I found another company that had the side-by-side bassinet, but their website ended up being fraudulent. Bugaboo Strollers was the only one that had the dual bassinets that face me side-by-side, and although their price point was higher than I wanted to spend, the flexibility on the seats was what pulled it. They have three strollers that are already pre-made with all the colors online and I got one of those which was the Bugaboo Donkey2. The purchasing experience was fine but I realized that I didn’t want its colors so I ended up doing the return. I got a call from Bugaboo and they were really helpful with that.

The call center rep in Southern California that called me was fantastic. I asked her about getting a black interior because I thought it would look more like a bumblebee and kinda cool, but I was hesitant because I thought that would be too hot for the kids. She said that she used to work in customer service and got calls from moms from Florida that would call in saying that they wished they would have bought a different color. I ended up getting gray that has a more white interior and she made me feel confident in my selection. I appreciated that she was really candid with me and it really made me trust the brand.

The stroller's overall functionality was great, but the bassinets were a pain to break down. They should make them somehow faster because it took me 12 minutes just to break them down and it's pretty long since I have two. And then to have to put them back together, it’s like I don’t even end up breaking them down. So, I can’t have a passenger in my car because I have to use it for the bassinet. Other than that, I get a lot of compliments on the stroller and I really like how it had a variety of colors. I got a bright yellow one for traffic so that cars could see me better. With Bugaboo, I can start exercising more. I can see my twins and know they are comfortable. I’m happy that I made the purchase and if someone could afford Bugaboo, I would recommend it.

Bugaboo Strollers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bugaboo is a Dutch company that was founded in 1999. The original design of a modular stroller that can be used and taken anywhere remains the core of their business. Find Bugaboo strollers at major retailers around the world and online.

• Customize your design: Choose your stroller’s frame, canopy color and seat color for a totally customizable experience. Strollers are available in up to 64 unique color combinations.

• Mono, duo and twin options: The Bugaboo Donkey stroller is available for one child, two children of different ages/sizes or for twins. There are 17 unique configurations, allowing for the ultimate in flexibility for parents and caregivers.

• All terrain option: Ideal for parents and caregivers who vary the terrain they take their strollers on, the Bugaboo Buffalo has is designed for all-terrain performance. This stroller grows with your child, taking you from infant to toddler with a bassinet that converts to a seat.

• Runner stroller: The Bugaboo Runner is available as either a complete jogging stroller or as an easy click-and-go accessory for current Bugaboo owners. The seat of the complete jogging stroller is reversible.

• Accessories: Add accessories to your Bugaboo to complete the stroller experience and keep your child comfortable in all types of weather. There are many accessories available, including an organizer, smart phone holder, sun canopy, tray, footmuff, mosquito net and more.

• Best for: Bugaboo strollers are best for parents and caregivers looking for a high-end stroller with the durability to withstand frequent use.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs