4.50/5
Based on 8 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

8 BabyBjörn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

The carrier was easy and comfortable to use. It did not hurt my back when carrying the baby for long periods of time. My son was always comfortable in it and often it put him to sleep. I always felt safe using it and my son always felt secure and not like it would break or he would drop. I was a first time parent and had heard good things and it was a very good experience with the carrier. The price however is too high and an extreme turn off for the carriers. The carriers are really nice but I've also used the same type of carrier from a different brand for half the price of the BabyBjörn carriers. And the less expensive ones worked just as well. The high markup will probably keep me from purchasing a BabyBjörn for my next child.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

BabyBjörn is a trusted brand that a lot of people I know have used. I liked it for a quick strap on to head into stores for shopping trips. Baby was close and my hands were free for the other kids. The baby was upright easily and baby's head was well supported in both rear and forward facing. Baby liked being able to face in or out. Plus, the color coding was nice to use for the straps and was easy to strap on. Babies liked it. But, it isn't super easy to wash and dry if it gets dirty and kids definitely make things dirty! My back would get sore on occasion when using for a prolonged amount of time.

Get expert buying tips about Baby Carriers and Slings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

The BabyBjörn baby carrier was one of the baby carriers I used and was my favorite. It was lightweight and I was able to use it while my daughter was a newborn through 6 months, about 16 lbs, with ease. After about 16 lbs though it got to be a burden on my back so I stopped using it as much. It may have been because I'm a little on the heavier side so someone who is smaller than me may be able to use it longer without any problems. I was gifted the carrier and it was recommended by a few friends. The experience was good because the carrier wasn't as bulky as some of the others that I've researched so storage and travel wasn't a problem.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

BabyBjörn is a brand that many parents trust. A mom friend showed me hers and I could see how much she loved being hands-free while still holding her baby. When I got mine, it wasn't set up for the baby to face the front but that's what she wanted so we had to adapt a little bit but since then, they've become more versatile. I love that they are adjustable from multiple places to allow a long usage. Also very durable and can be donated to a parent in need after your child outgrows it. I am satisfied and would recommend.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

The BabyBjörn was comfortable for both me and my baby. I loved having my baby both facing me and the world. My biggest regret was not buying 2 of the same ones instead of wasting money on another brand first. I tried quite a few brands ranging in prices and this was the best fit for me and my child. It held up very well. I also loved the outer covering for colder weather. It had a hood and had a few other attachments as well. I absolutely loved and recommended this carrier to everyone I know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BabyBjörn?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My husband & I both used it for 2 years with 2 different kids, and it has been good. It was very helpful because we didn’t have to carry him in our actual arms. Our hands were still free and he was still able to help me push stroller or get food. I love that it had a pocket in front I used to put pacifier or money or phone in it. I also love the strap piece to my back and it had a padded extra to add to back so strap wouldn’t bother me at all while wearing this. Although, I did not like that the burp cloth because it came off easy and ended up losing it while walking. I wish it was a part of the product because it gives it a little style to it and make it more fashionable. I like that it fix my body shape well around my arms. Also, I love the snapping baby head support and when I had baby facing forward we snap it down.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I initially got the BabyBjörn carrier because my sister had one and she loved it. My personal experience has been great and it is my favorite carrier. It can be worn in front back or on the side and this one I have is comfortable for me and my son in all positions. My favorite is front carrying because my back isn't so good. But I have little to no pain after wearing him with this. The BabyBjörn carrier is the perfect carrier. But, it would be nice to have an extension or something to make it good for hiking and maybe even standing later on. I've recommended this carrier to all my friends and family with little ones or that are expecting.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

The BabyBjörn is really nice. It is well made. It has light material, yet sturdy. The baby always seems comfortable in it. We use it in stores, or even just cleaning around the house. Our overall experience with the BabyBjörn has been a positive one. I gave it to my friend when our son outgrew it, and intend on buying another now that we just had another newborn. It would be cool if they came in different colors, played music, and if they could maybe add some features, like heating pad or lights would also be helpful.

BabyBjörn expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

BabyBjörn is a well-known brand that offers seven models of soft-structured baby carriers at affordable prices. All models can be worn facing in on the chest, and some can be worn facing out for babies over 15 pounds. BabyBjörn carriers are available in basic colors like black, navy and gray and are sold at major retailers and online.

• Baby Carrier Original: The Original is a great choice for the first year of your baby’s life. It’s small and lightweight, with just a few simple snaps and adjustments. The Original carrier ranges in price from $50 to $70.

• Baby Carrier One: This baby carrier can be used facing in or out, as well as in a back carry position. It has a pad that folds up to support a newborn’s head, then folds down to accommodate a larger baby. Because of its flexibility, you can use it from birth to around 3 years old.

• We Air: The We Air carrier is made with a breathable mesh fabric to help keep you and your baby cool in hot climates. It accommodates babies who weigh up to 33 pounds in facing-in and facing-out carrying positions.

• Baby Carrier Miracle: The BabyBjörn Baby Carrier Miracle has a wide waist belt and a support feature for your lower back to make babywearing more comfortable. It is intended to be worn on your chest, facing in or out. This carrier retails for $100 to $140.

• Where to buy BabyBjörn carriers: You can purchase BabyBjörn carriers online at Amazon or through various retailers such as buybuy BABY, Target and Walmart.

• Best for: parents and caregivers who want a basic soft-structured carrier.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

BabyBjörn Company Information