4.30/5
Based on 23 reviews that contain star ratings

23 BabyBjörn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 10, 2018

I chose BabyBjorn on a recommendation from a friend who had used it to hike all over the Pacific NW and told me it is durable and comfortable. My own experience has been the same. It was fairly easy to put on my body and to get the baby into the carrier. Baby seemed comfortable while she was in the carrier and it was simple to get her back out again. But it is big and clumsy and takes up quite a bit of room when storing it somewhere and there's no way that it will fit into my diaper bag so I don't bring it on short trips.

Original review: June 9, 2018

BabyBjörn was a soft carrier that was small enough to keep in the diaper bag for spontaneous usage and keep baby close, especially during the first months of life. The convenience of the soft carrier is important and is needed to comfort a new baby and still get things done. However, it cuts into the thighs a bit and the flap that folds for front facing head support should be bigger. It was a good purchase but a more washable fabric and affordable price would be nice.

Get expert buying tips about Baby Carriers and Slings delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Just loved it overall, I felt safe using it for my son, it was easy to assemble and wasn’t confusing at all. It is also good for on the go days. It makes me feel safe with my child. I got this carrier from a friend at a baby shower. However, I have seen the price and it’s crazy. Being a single parent I can’t afford things like that all the time but I would try to get the money because I did like the item and if I heard enough good reviews about it I would save up the money for one and I would pay for this item again if I had a child in the future. I would recommend this product for any of my friends or family having babies in the future.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I got mine from my aunt and loved the simplicity of it. Dependable quality. It’s easy to wash and lay flat to dry. It was so much easier to take with me than loading and unloading a stroller plus my child was always attached to me vs being in a stroller where a kidnapper could easily snatch them. However, I don’t like the cost of a brand new one. I’ve gotten a few hand me downs. The only other thing is once the baby reaches a certain weight it’s uncomfortable to use. Even so, BabyBjörn is just easier to use vs other brands I have seen on the market. Washing it is just as easy as well. Other brands seem to be to difficult to use which makes me not buy them.

Original review: June 4, 2018

My BabyBjörn carrier was a gift from a family member who has one and loves it. I love this item. It's an awesome product. It is easy to use, light weight but secure, has great color, great price and great quality. I would greatly recommend this product to any prospective buyers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BabyBjörn?

Original review: June 3, 2018

The price is Cheaper than most brands and worked to make things convenient. You are able to afford more carriers with the price. Holds the baby so you are able to get things done and easy to adjust when needing to. I used a long time ago but switched. Should be able to use with different body types and over different genders. Not very adjustable for different body types and my husband I could not share. Made for smaller frames and not really made for men. I could not use very often due to not fitting properly, baby was too big and didn’t like it, and bad on baby' hips. The weight limit needs to be able to hold heavier babies into toddlers. Need to be able to adjust all areas of the carrier. Need to be able to use it differently and in different positions. Styles are boring.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I looked at user reviews on Amazon and looked at videos on the BabyBjörn website of actors putting on and taking off the carrier. I had previously purchased an Ergobaby, which can hold the baby forward or backward facing. BabyBjörn is similar to the Ergobaby and it securely held my baby close to my face. I like that it's not as hot as the Ergobaby though and that it's easy to keep clean and comes in great neutral colors. But it's hard to put on/take off. I want it to be safe and it's able to carry the baby in several positions.

Original review: May 31, 2018

This was gifted to me when I was pregnant with my first child. It was well quality... Enough so to pass through all three of my children and I liked how it made it easy to carry my children around. It worked well for my family. And then I was able to donate when done with it to a good charity so I know another loving family will be able to use it as well. I know it will get many more uses out of it. Just wonderful and it was very easy to clean which is great especially when you have messy children like mine.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I would mostly recommend wrapping but baby carriers are way more convenient. It's also quicker than wrapping for quick things I needed to do. I chose BabyBjörn because of other mom's recommendations. It had 4 clips and seemed pretty easy to adjust even if you were alone. However, the fit never seemed perfect for me, the straps were either too tight or falling off. It was impossible for me to put our daughter on my back by myself. I just wasn't comfortable with the overall fit, it could have been the constant readjusting between me and her father both using it. It fit my fiancé a lot better than me though so he used it a bit more. Our daughter fell asleep in it. We liked it pretty well and if there was a way to know the fit would be right I would definitely purchase BabyBjörn again if I needed another carrier.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I loved how the BabyBjorn baby carrier was made to make me feel that my baby was secure at all times. I also loved the design and print of the material. However, once my child got a little bit older, the combination of his weight and the carrier was a bit heavy. Still, I would definitely recommend this product for both first time mothers and fathers, and also for parents who have already had children previously. I received it as a baby shower present, however I would purchase the BabyBjorn baby carrier with my own money. I was completely satisfied.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I feel safe using the BabyBjorn baby carrier because they do a safety check on the baby seats. It a name brand. It has a safety latch to keep the car seat in place. You can take the car seat and put in the stroller and it locks in place. Not cheap plastic and well secured. It is affordable and I trust it. But I would add more different colors. I got mine at my baby shower from my mom. And I love it. I would highly recommend this brand and this car seat.

Original review: May 25, 2018

It held the weight evenly distributed and didn't put all the weight on my back. But hard to put child in the carrier and get the child out of the carrier. It was difficult to use and put on alone. You needed someone to help you put it on and take it off. I wouldn't use again.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I like BabyBjörn more than other brands. It's a lot better than any other brand I have used in the past or used with children I use to babysit. I like how it fits the baby and how the baby fits it, it comfortable and lets the baby rest without any problems. I love it a lot, it's amazing, soothing and highly recommend it to new moms. But would love different designs. The designs are plain and I'd like to see more color and different abstract designs.

Original review: May 20, 2018

BabyBjörn was given to me by my sister and it was really comfortable. I was very happy with it and used it for both of my kids and also when I watched my niece. It was also easy to put on. I like that there are adjustable straps so more than one person can use it such as myself and my husband who are very different in size. Also, I like how supported my baby was while in it. Safety is really important to me and it allowed me to get my housework done stress free and hands free. I also have tried the wrap slings but could never get them put on where I was comfortable not holding my baby.

Original review: May 19, 2018

BabyBjörn is a well known brand. It is lightweight and easy to use. You can carry baby close and secure to you. I like the color black in it and the overall design. It is modern, nice and a good deal for the price. But I don't like the hard piece in the middle where the baby sits. It seemed to be uncomfortable for my child. But other than that, my child liked the carrier. It works well when traveling or shopping. I feel safe with my child in it and no one tries to touch him or bother us when he is in it.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

The carrier was easy and comfortable to use. It did not hurt my back when carrying the baby for long periods of time. My son was always comfortable in it and often it put him to sleep. I always felt safe using it and my son always felt secure and not like it would break or he would drop. I was a first time parent and had heard good things and it was a very good experience with the carrier. The price however is too high and an extreme turn off for the carriers. The carriers are really nice but I've also used the same type of carrier from a different brand for half the price of the BabyBjörn carriers. And the less expensive ones worked just as well. The high markup will probably keep me from purchasing a BabyBjörn for my next child.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

BabyBjörn is a trusted brand that a lot of people I know have used. I liked it for a quick strap on to head into stores for shopping trips. Baby was close and my hands were free for the other kids. The baby was upright easily and baby's head was well supported in both rear and forward facing. Baby liked being able to face in or out. Plus, the color coding was nice to use for the straps and was easy to strap on. Babies liked it. But, it isn't super easy to wash and dry if it gets dirty and kids definitely make things dirty! My back would get sore on occasion when using for a prolonged amount of time.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

The BabyBjörn baby carrier was one of the baby carriers I used and was my favorite. It was lightweight and I was able to use it while my daughter was a newborn through 6 months, about 16 lbs, with ease. After about 16 lbs though it got to be a burden on my back so I stopped using it as much. It may have been because I'm a little on the heavier side so someone who is smaller than me may be able to use it longer without any problems. I was gifted the carrier and it was recommended by a few friends. The experience was good because the carrier wasn't as bulky as some of the others that I've researched so storage and travel wasn't a problem.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

BabyBjörn is a brand that many parents trust. A mom friend showed me hers and I could see how much she loved being hands-free while still holding her baby. When I got mine, it wasn't set up for the baby to face the front but that's what she wanted so we had to adapt a little bit but since then, they've become more versatile. I love that they are adjustable from multiple places to allow a long usage. Also very durable and can be donated to a parent in need after your child outgrows it. I am satisfied and would recommend.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

The BabyBjörn was comfortable for both me and my baby. I loved having my baby both facing me and the world. My biggest regret was not buying 2 of the same ones instead of wasting money on another brand first. I tried quite a few brands ranging in prices and this was the best fit for me and my child. It held up very well. I also loved the outer covering for colder weather. It had a hood and had a few other attachments as well. I absolutely loved and recommended this carrier to everyone I know.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My husband & I both used it for 2 years with 2 different kids, and it has been good. It was very helpful because we didn’t have to carry him in our actual arms. Our hands were still free and he was still able to help me push stroller or get food. I love that it had a pocket in front I used to put pacifier or money or phone in it. I also love the strap piece to my back and it had a padded extra to add to back so strap wouldn’t bother me at all while wearing this. Although, I did not like that the burp cloth because it came off easy and ended up losing it while walking. I wish it was a part of the product because it gives it a little style to it and make it more fashionable. I like that it fix my body shape well around my arms. Also, I love the snapping baby head support and when I had baby facing forward we snap it down.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I initially got the BabyBjörn carrier because my sister had one and she loved it. My personal experience has been great and it is my favorite carrier. It can be worn in front back or on the side and this one I have is comfortable for me and my son in all positions. My favorite is front carrying because my back isn't so good. But I have little to no pain after wearing him with this. The BabyBjörn carrier is the perfect carrier. But, it would be nice to have an extension or something to make it good for hiking and maybe even standing later on. I've recommended this carrier to all my friends and family with little ones or that are expecting.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

The BabyBjörn is really nice. It is well made. It has light material, yet sturdy. The baby always seems comfortable in it. We use it in stores, or even just cleaning around the house. Our overall experience with the BabyBjörn has been a positive one. I gave it to my friend when our son outgrew it, and intend on buying another now that we just had another newborn. It would be cool if they came in different colors, played music, and if they could maybe add some features, like heating pad or lights would also be helpful.

BabyBjörn expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

BabyBjörn is a well-known brand that offers seven models of soft-structured baby carriers at affordable prices. All models can be worn facing in on the chest, and some can be worn facing out for babies over 15 pounds. BabyBjörn carriers are available in basic colors like black, navy and gray and are sold at major retailers and online.

• Baby Carrier Original: The Original is a great choice for the first year of your baby’s life. It’s small and lightweight, with just a few simple snaps and adjustments. The Original carrier ranges in price from $50 to $70.

• Baby Carrier One: This baby carrier can be used facing in or out, as well as in a back carry position. It has a pad that folds up to support a newborn’s head, then folds down to accommodate a larger baby. Because of its flexibility, you can use it from birth to around 3 years old.

• We Air: The We Air carrier is made with a breathable mesh fabric to help keep you and your baby cool in hot climates. It accommodates babies who weigh up to 33 pounds in facing-in and facing-out carrying positions.

• Baby Carrier Miracle: The BabyBjörn Baby Carrier Miracle has a wide waist belt and a support feature for your lower back to make babywearing more comfortable. It is intended to be worn on your chest, facing in or out. This carrier retails for $100 to $140.

• Where to buy BabyBjörn carriers: You can purchase BabyBjörn carriers online at Amazon or through various retailers such as buybuy BABY, Target and Walmart.

• Best for: parents and caregivers who want a basic soft-structured carrier.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

BabyBjörn Company Information