1.25/5

35 Baby Trend Car Seats Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 18, 2015

After a week with no response to my emails providing the pictures and video requested I called the car seat company and according to "customer service" at Baby Trend a car seat that is missing a small piece and leans to one side is NOT a safety issue. They are willing to replace the missing piece but not the whole car seat. My issue with that is how do I know that's the only piece missing? The small piece that is missing doesn't even touch the ground when it's sitting on a flat surface and it still leans. I was told it's not a safety concern and they won't allow me to return the whole travel system to buy a completely different one.

Instead I am supposed to mail them the stroller, base, and car seat so they can evaluate it and add the missing piece if necessary, But if they don't think anything is wrong with it they are going to send it all back to me. As a company that makes car seats I would think safety would be a top priority. I am not putting my baby in a questionable piece of "safety" equipment.

Original review: July 2, 2015

This car seat is a nightmare! No matter how many times you try and watch YouTube clips you can NOT get the straps even. One is always too tight and the other is loose. I have sat down numerous times and tried. It's extremely unsafe and not practical. If you have an appointment be sure and give yourself a good hour to just get the car seat straps somewhat even.

Original review: May 27, 2015

I absolutely hate this car seat! I have 3 different car seats and this one by far is the **!! You can't tighten the baby's seat restraint while they are in it. It tightens uneven so one side is wayyyyyy tighter than the other and no matter how much I mess with it the only way of fixing it is taking the baby out and eyeing how tight I think it should be. It's frustrating and unsafe.

Original review: May 15, 2015

This was the worst purchase ever - Baby trend expedition. The car seat handle is extremely hard to move positions because of the two red push levers on the side. You have to really press hard the two red levers on them to get them to move forward, the levers are incredibly hard to squeeze. The stroller is a junk. If I move at anything faster than the front wheel wobbles. I had to spend more money on getting a new gear for my baby. I don't think is fair that I had to spend more money on a new gear. Stroller and car seat is a junk. Please don't buy this items.

Original review: March 18, 2015

This is the absolute worst purchase I have ever made! The moment I started using this product, it was clear it's nothing more than junk! The handle to fold it in gets stuck all the time. My hands have blisters on them, just from closing it. The handle on the car seat won't fold down when needed unless I use an unusual amount of force. It's the most inconvenient piece of baby equipment I own. I loathe going anywhere with it, but I don't have a choice. I even called to ask if this is normal on this model and of course, the Baby Trend rep said no. I have to violently shake the stroller in order for it to fold. Once in a while, I can put the brakes on and pull the handle up while pushing the wheels down and I don't look like such a fool in public. The product looks pretty, but that's all. The rep offered to fix the folding issue, but I would've had to send the product back to the company. Who has time to do that, especially when I have a newborn on my hands.

They only wanted to "fix" my unit, they were not interested in replacing it at all. Now I'm seven months into using it, GENTLE USE ONLY (not jogging with it as its intended use) and I had to repair a wheel bearing!!!! Seriously! I had to spend an additional amount of money ($30.00 plus my time) to fix a bearing on an expensive product that I don't like! I feel like Baby Trend has not stood behind its own product. Unfortunately, on my registry, I also ordered a Baby Trend high chair, and it's junk, too. The baby strap on the high chair is ridiculously long, and the table isn't easily removed. There's no one handing it with the high chair. Baby Trend is the worst product ever! I am so mad that I even gave the company a chance. I plan to have another baby and I will NOT spend my money or anyone else's money on this product! I wouldn't even want to GIVE this stroller and high chair away.

I have talked to other moms with the same model of stroller that I have and they feel the same way. So with that being said, I know I'm not the only one that thinks the stroller is horrible. I have to buy a whole new stroller and car seat, just so grandma and grandpa can take baby anywhere. I receive compliments regularly on this product because of the way it looks. I'm sure to tell them the story of me calling the company to complain and the blatant disregard for my concerns that the company has. The initial complaint was regarding "The Death Roll" that Baby Trend didn't disclose. I had to look it up online to figure out what it was because in the very beginning, my baby would be violently shaken while riding in the stroller. I was afraid she would get shaken baby syndrome. I mentioned all of this while talking to a Baby Trend rep. The only suggestion they had was to lock the front wheel. Locking the wheel didn't change a thing.

I don't dare jog with this "jogging stroller" for fear my baby will bounce out and end up in the ER. Don't waste your money on this product or company. They don't care because there are people willing to just deal with the issues at hand. I felt at a loss when I got off the phone with the company, but now my anger has taken over and I'm doing everything in my power to get the word out on this stroller and the lack of help from the company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Baby Trend Car Seats?

Original review: March 10, 2015

We received the "jogging stroller" and car seat combo as a baby shower gift. Everything was great for about 2 weeks, and then everything started to go downhill. The car seat handle is extremely hard to move positions because of the two red push levers on the side. Now you have to really crank on them to get them to move forward, the levers are incredibly hard to squeeze. Same with the lever on the front to get it to disengage from the car seat base/stroller. The stroller is basically junk. If I move at anything faster than a snail’s pace the front wheel wobbles uncontrollably. Have not felt safe enough to wheel my baby anywhere because being 3 wheeled it makes it almost tip over when the front wheel goes sideways. The tires refuse to stay fully inflated. I can fill them with air and within 2 days they are soft again.

When you try to use the stroller without the car seat attached, the seat facing forward is very flimsy. The back feels like cardboard covered with a minimal amount of padding. The way to get the seat to sit more upright is also very flimsy, just an elastic cord and plastic loop. My baby is never actually sitting upright mind you, the best you can get is about a 70% angle. When we received it, there were no instructions in the box just a warranty card. Luckily it did not take a rocket scientist to put the pieces together. The only positive review I have is the fact that it is incredibly easy to break down. Pull two levers and it folds right in half. Based on the reviews I have seen here, I will not bother calling the company to complain based on the fact that I do not have the receipt.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2015

We bought the car seat/stroller combo and let me tell you, since we put it together it’s been nothing but trouble. The tires are so cheap and poorly designed. They go flat everyday!! We patched them, checked them under water and despite no holes they keep getting flat. Jogging with this stroller is out of the question, does not serve its purpose. We will be buying another stroller, not safe at all! All you parents that are considering this stroller, do yourself a favor and do your research and buy a better stroller.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

I bought a stroller and car seat combo. The wheels on the stroller were all messed up. The main issue was the stroller didn't lock in place after using it a few times. They refuse to ship it free of charge. Never and I mean never ever will I buy any products from Baby Trend again. They have horrible reviews. Wish I would have looked into this company before buying anything from them. That is how little they think of their customers and their little ones. Shame on them! I will be sure to warn all my friends who are currently pregnant to never step near this company. Hope you enjoy my money. You obviously need it more than I do. Hope you choke on it!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2014

Car seat turned over with 4 month old baby in it while driving. Car seat was secured to base.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2014

I bought a car seat, base, stroller combo for my soon to be here daughter due in two weeks! We installed the base in our car, no issues but we wanted to make sure it was level for the seat. Well guess what, it won't even connect to the base because the back grip doesn't come all the way out so it won't connect. I called Baby Trend, told them I don't have my receipt but that I did fill out all the paperwork that stated my purchase date and sent all that paperwork in. Well guess what! That doesn't matter. They want me to ship them my seat which will take two days for them to receive my seat, another 24-48 hours to fix it and then another two days to return it! How is that even okay when I'm due in two weeks and next week is thanksgiving? They told me to find another seat as back up in case she comes! Seriously I bought a new car seat, date of manufacturing is 09-11-14! So it's only been put together a short time. How can the warranty be up in just that short of time? All because of a piece of a paper.

Baby Trend Car Seats Company Information