1.25/5

35 Baby Trend Car Seats Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 11, 2008

I bought the orange oak travel system and after using it maybe twice, the rear wheel fell off. They said they would send a replacement and I still have not received it. That was about a month ago. Every time I call, I cannot get anybody. I don't have the money to go out and buy a whole new travel system. I've read reviews from other customers of Baby Trend and they all say their rear wheels fall off and the company will never refund them. I think these products should be recalled. They are endangering the lives of our children and I don't feel safe even using the car seat anymore. I have to borrow money just to buy a whole new system when it's the company's fault and I should be able to get a full refund on my product.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2008

We thought we could get a great product at an affordable rate and bypassed the higher-end lines and we decided on the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger/Infant seat travel system. At first pass it worked fine and we were pleased overall. Several weeks into owning the stroller we noticed that the front wheel became excessively shaky when not in the locked position. It was very difficult to maneuver with the wheel locked all the time, as we use the stroller for every day use.

We called and were told to check and adjust the tire pressure. This didnt fix the problem and were told to try another fix, which also didnt work. When we called a third time it was suggested we ship the stroller back.

After we finally found a box large enough to ship this stroller back, we shipped it in tact to Baby Trend to be repaired. Several weeks later I called and followed up and was told it would be returned within 10 days. We got home and opened the box to our surprise, our stroller had been shipped back unassembled! The issue we had was the unstable front wheel, and the wheels had been removed, negating the correction! Worse still, the screws and hardware we shipped in tact with our stroller had been removed AND NOT REPLACED! Baby Trend took apart our stroller and sent it back without the parts or means to put it back together!

The footrest on the front of the stroller has no hardware for us to put it back on, and the tray that the car seat rests on has no screws and pulls out when touched, meaning the car seat CANNOT be placed in the stroller! If I hadnt pulled it out first, I could have put my child in the stroller and he would have fallen immediately out of it. How could this happen, how could they send a stroller back with no parts and with a blatant safety hazard, as though it hadnt been checked at all?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2007

WHAT I SENT TO BABY TREND...

This travel system was purchased 5/14/2007; the baby was born 6/14/2007. The manufacturing date is 7/25/2006. The model # from the back of the car seat is 6325.

The stroller has been used lightly for the past 3 months. 3 weeks ago we noticed the screw partway out, we screwed it back in. We figured we would just watch it. Within a week the screw was actually gone, fell out. We have only used the stroller a handful of times since we have got it. The screw is just above the fabric in the plastic next to where the child would be sitting. Had we put the baby in the stroller directly and not been using the car seat attached that could be a horrible choking hazard.

Screws should not fall out where the child sits. It is small enough to swallow.

Other complaints would be that the wheels wobble. This shouldnt happen 3 months into use. Ad the child gets bigger I am worried they might just fall off. Also the handle to the car seat sticks when you push the buttons to fold it back. It takes at least 4 tries each time to get the handle to go back. It also is loose.

I took pictures of the stroller where the screw is but there is really no way to take pictures of something that is loose or wobbles.

I called Toys R Us and they said over 90 days they cannot help me. They are also ignoring this safety issue. I sent your company, Baby Trend, an email and never heard anything of it. I tried calling several times over the last week and it just rings and rings, never going to a voice mail. I finally get a hold of a person today and was told to send pictures and fax my receipt.

I felt like the safety issue was blown off. I was told they wouldnt replace or refund the system. Sending me a new screw will not be acceptable. Why? Because I won't risk it falling out again so my child can die from it. I couldn't even resell this in good conscience to someone else. What if the screw on the other side falls out? Screws should not be visible where the child sits. This product should be recalled immediately.

Original review: May 2, 2006

The identification and directional stickers on my baby trend infant carrier car seat (model 6373, manufactored 5/18/05) have all come off. The seat has never been washed or cleaned and it has only been in use 6 months. As a car seat technician I know that the stickers on the car seat are of utmost importance for identification and warnings. I emailed the company for replacement stickers and they have not been able to locate any.

The stickers do not peel off, they come off completely and actually just simply fall off. This is a major problem for identification and proper usage of the car seat.

Currently there have not been any consequences other than inconvience, however my concern is for other people who are not as knowledgeable about car seats and if their stickers are falling off and they are not aware of the weight and height limits or the make and model of their seat. Jeff at baby trend was very nice and he tried to find replacement stickers, but he had no luck. I simply feel like the stickers are too important to the safety of the seat to leave it at that.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2006

I received a baby trend stroller as a baby shower gift. Well of course the baby isn't big enough to fit into the stoller part. So when he was about six months old, I placed him in the stoller and the thing collapsed. It was a good thing that my sister was standing by, and my baby was not hurt. For months I could not find the 800 number no code or anything for the stoller finally i contacted them. Since it has been more than a year they have refused to pay to fix this item.

I don't want any one else to have to go through this. What if my son had been serverly injured in the stoller. No one ever gets a stoller and places there small infant child in the bottom of it. I always assumed that was the purpose for the car seat, and stoller combo.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Baby Trend Car Seats?

Baby Trend Car Seats Company Information