Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5

Lenscrafters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lenscrafters?

Original review: July 2, 2019

This website won’t allow 0 rating. On April 2019 while looking at glasses frames in the Salisbury MD store, an employee waked over to me, put his arm around my waist and said “ how we doin today?” I was shocked, disgusted, reported it immediately to the lab mngr who was the only mngr on duty, as well as, filed a formal complaint with Luxottica. EE relations took my statement via telecon the next day.

To date, noone in corporate has responded to me, despite leaving messages at the location in Ohio. Luxottica clearly does not care about customer experience or safety. Had I been a fellow employee of that jerk, HE would’ve been fired. To have been physically touched that way by an employee in a store is beyond inappropriate!!! HR protects employees , but clearly not customers. A terrible corporate culture in 2019!

Original review: June 22, 2019

I used to pay $400 or $500 for glasses at Lenscrafters until I discovered Zenni Optical. It’s a China company but I gave it a shot. That was eight years ago and I have now purchased about six pairs of glasses from them. I’ve never had a defect or any reason to contact them over any of the glasses I received. The total I paid for those six pairs of glasses is less than what one pair cost at LC. It’s great to support an American company, but not when they’re gouging you.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I normally don’t write reviews but I felt it’s necessary to write a review of this location and Lenscrafters in general. Don’t ignore the negative reviews, and don’t always believe the positive reviews since it often is propped up by employees. At your first visit, most Lenscrafters will treat you like royalty after your eye exam, hoping you shell out hundreds of dollars for overpriced Chinese-made glasses that break just as easily as any others. They’ll use deceptive pricing and discounts, like a continual promo of nearly half-off an already astronomical price to begin with, which many consumers have wised up to, and now purchase from cheaper outlets online. You basically pay extra for lip service and for their high rent, being situated in high-end malls to make it appear more luxurious or elite, which doesn’t add any real value to the cheaply made product itself.

I give them credit, you are treated generally well when you are initially helped, as they want to sell you on overpriced glasses. However, they treat you like an unwanted leper if you have any concerns later on with your glasses, or if you accidentally damage your glasses and want to use the protection plan they sold you on (which costs extra to buy, and it costs even more when you want to replace your glasses). They’ll tell you how some customers have tried to pull a fast one on them in the past (however that’s done, I don’t know), but they really don’t need to act like some sort of condescending sleuth when an honest customer needs to use their protection plan for their damaged glasses.

I was patient and polite, since I just wanted to replace my glasses instead of quibbling in return with them, however the ladies I dealt with at this location and others were just plain bat crap crazy and completely out of line. They acted overly authoritative and unhelpful, so they must have been on a power trip being in a managerial role. Each store creates its own rules apparently, so anything they tell you at one Lenscrafters won’t hold up at another location when you relocate (some locations haphazardly determine eligibility for using the warranty, like if your cat gets a hold of glasses, or they get run over, or if they're not scratched enough). I’ll spare you all the details of my stressful experience with this chain, as I just want to get my main points across without writing a novel.

I just know that after being talked down to, with them raising their voice and acting condescending and smug, like some sort of tag team that won’t assist a loyal repeat customer who shelled out literally thousands of dollars over the years, I just don’t see the point returning to this Lenscrafters. You’ll find the same games when you move and go to another location, since they discretely write notes in your file, casting you in bad light so you’ll be treated like a leper at any other location you go to. After realizing other Lenscrafters in this area have similar issues (read reviews), I’m not alone in how I perceive this business.

Once you read deeper into the company itself, you understand it’s part of a much larger entity, Luxottica, a foreign company (pays no taxes like Amazon, etc?). Luxottica owns the whole spectrum of companies involved in your eye glass purchase with its monopolistic practices. It goes full circle. They own the insurer you most likely have (EyeMed), most eyeglass retail chains (Lenscrafters, Pearle Vision, etc.), and the manufacturers (Ray-Ban, Persol, Oakley, etc.).

If you give any hint of wanting to get your prescription and shop elsewhere, you’ll be given the runaround, and you’ll find that you’re limited to buying from one of Luxottica’s retail chains with your EyeMed insurance. The truth is, you’re better off buying cheap glasses from another retailer without any protection plan, than buying new ones when they fall apart a year later and your prescription has already changed then anyways. I spent a small fortune at Lenscrafters over the years and regret it, and after the way I was treated, I won’t spend another dime on this monopolistic company ever again.

Original review: June 8, 2019

11-year-old daughter Samantha went for a routine eye exam. Turns out her eyes are healthy and doesn’t need glasses yet. We thought she was just getting a routine Eye exam. My husband was asked to sign some paperwork which he thought was all routine. So instead of charging $20 for a co-pay for a regular eye exam they charged us almost $100 ($98). When I called my insurance company they said it’s very unusual for all these test for routine eye exam on an 11-year-old child. So we were duped into additional testing just so they can make more money!

Stay away from Dr. Nick ** Tulsa Oklahoma Woodland Hills Mall LensCrafters. Anywhere but here! I called and spoke to Cameron. She was very rude and condescending and refused to refund anything for the extra tests that were not necessary for my 11-year-old daughter whom had healthy eyes! Only went for a routine Eye exam. This is unethical and I don’t know how they sleep at night!!!!

Original review: June 6, 2019

I have been going to Lencrafters for years buying my glasses there and the first time I have a problem they tell me lies. They said my lens were scratch proof and guarantee for the first year but when I went back they said the glasses were not covered. I paid $900.00 for my glasses that they will not cover. The Willowbrook staff told me they could not print my receipt up. That was not the truth either. They said they would give me new lens for 40% of 750.00 Yet they originally only charged me 400. I should be only paying around 200.00 for new lens. They don't want to make a long time customer happy after spending almost 900 on glasses. Willowbrook people will tell you anything to sell you glasses. Be aware of what they say and get it in writing. Never going back to this company again. The staff just laugh at me and said sorry. Not good enough.

Original review: June 3, 2019

On May 17th, just over 2 weeks ago, I placed an order for a pair of prescription eyeglasses. I uploaded the prescription from my doctor in order to make it easier (and quicker, since I'm having issues with my contact lenses and NEED my glasses) for LensCrafters to fulfill my order. LC asks for "5-7 business days" to process an order, and then for you to allow time for shipping. No problem. I'm thinking that I'll probably fall closer to the 5 days since I uploaded my script and they would not need to go "chasing" it from my doctor. Either way, if it took 7 days, that was fine too, since they gave me that notice in advance.

Fast forward to Thursday, May 30 - It has now been exactly 9 business days (not including the holiday on May 20th) since placing my order, and, as it does every day since ordering, my order status is showing as "in process," not shipped, not completed. Nope. Still in process. So I called their customer service line, and the gentleman (if you can call him that) who answered was extremely rude and hung up on me. He did not provide his name, he did not verify MY name, and when I said that I wanted LC to give me expedited shipping at no cost to me given how long they are taking, he simply said "fine" and disconnected the call.

I called back and spoke with a woman who was very sweet and who advised that due to system issues, LensCrafters had been having issues getting orders completed and sent out, and that - upon review AND upon having her supervisor review - it was determined that my glasses were "getting their finishing touches" (their words, exactly), and that they were going to be mailed out the following day (Friday, May 31).

Today is June 3, and as of today, the website STILL shows my order as "in process," so once again I called LC. The girl - Jasmine - who answered was completely ineffective and not helpful. She tried to blame it on the fact that LC needs time to process prescriptions (time which they clearly indicate on their website will take 5-7 business days, and never mind the fact that we are now ELEVEN days out from when I placed my order). I asked for a supervisor and she said none was available. I asked for her supervisor's supervisor, and she said she couldn't direct me to her supervisor's supervisor until I'd spoken with her *unavailable* supervisor. Jasmine told me that my eyeglasses were "getting their finishing touches" (hmmm, that sounds familiar), and that they would be mailed out within TWENTY-FOUR TO FORTY-EIGHT HOURS!

I finally got so upset that I told Jasmine that I wanted to just cancel my order. I do not want to wait any longer, and I want the $600 back on my card so that I can go get a pair of glasses NOW. I was told that it is too late to cancel my order because of "how far along" LensCrafters is in making them. Well it is NOT my problem that they have taken twice as long as promised to even PROCESS them, let alone send them out, and that they REFUSE to let me speak with a supervisor!! Any consumer should have the RIGHT to cancel an order IMMEDIATELY if the company fails to provide the PROMISED services that were paid for!

Meanwhile, I tried using their online chat, I called AGAIN (and AGAIN got Jasmine) and was AGAIN told I could not speak with a supervisor AND I could not cancel my order - all to no avail. This company is HORRIBLE, and I will NEVER do business with them again. I will be calling my bank to have the payment RETRACTED as I was not provided with the services and the goods that I paid for AS AGREED.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Purchased computer/reading glasses at Lens Crafters. Was quoted 163. For a second pair and went back to store to buy them. Told rep the quoted was in computer and she would charge me 360. For the same lens I was quoted 163. Then proceeded to tell me she only worked there. The quote was in the computer and she wouldn't honor it. My company uses these stores. This was the worst experience I ever had getting a pair of glasses. Store doesn't honor quoted amount given by store representatives using our insurance.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Poor Customer Service!!!! NEVER SHOP HERE! (Murfreesboro, TN). I went to LensCrafters about 1 month ago to shop for my yearly frames. I picked out two pair of frames totaling $960.00. I spent about an hour and some in the store picking out frames and getting them sized. The individual who waited on me was very kind and sweet. She has helped me in the past. The store does not take my WageWorks flex health card. Last year, this was not an issue. I simply did a claim with WageWorks requesting for them to "pay my provider." WageWorks simply mailed a check directly to the store to pay for my frames.

This year, I followed the exact same procedure and explained that I would be using the same process. After the check was received at the store, I was informed that the check would not process due to some new system that they have. (This is not a problem and I would not be upset, had I been told this before I took the time and energy to pick out the frames.) It has been over a month since my eye exam and I still do not have my new prescription. The store itself tried to get the check processed for me without success. (Something about needed a PIN number.)

I then learned that the store no longer takes 3rd party checks. I tried to contact corporate via the website complaint site. I was told that I would receive a call within 5 business days. It has been 7 business days and no call or response. Today, I called the customer service complaint again to follow-up. The agent stated that she read in the updates, that the store cannot take the 3rd party check. However, no one has bothered to call me from the store or the corporate office. Meanwhile, My $1000 check sits at the store. I guess they don't need my money. And guess what? They will not be receiving any more of it. This was a very tacky way to handle this.

The store could have decided to deposit the check into the LensCrafters' account and pay for my glasses. In the future, I would have known that this was not possible. The responsibility lies with them, as no one communicated that to me, while I was picking them out, getting them sized, or when I voiced that I would be requesting a check from WageWorks to pay the provider directly. This could have all been avoided by letting me know this up front. But what is even more frustrating is that the Corporate office NEVER BOTHERED TO CALL. This has left a very bad taste in my mouth and I will never shop here again. Now, I have to go pick up my check, wait for the funds to go back to my account and start all over again somewhere else. This process has been going on over a month. WHAT BUSINESS HOLDS A $1000 CHECK AND NEVER BOTHERS TO CALL YOU. My anger is with the company, not the sales associate.

Original review: May 17, 2019

This is my first experience with Lenscrafters and my last. I tried them out because they work with my current insurance. I have been ordering glasses online for over 8 years from other companies so I am very familiar with the online glasses experience. I submitted an order online for some single vision glasses on a Monday. I also submitted my current Prescription. Then on Friday I get an email saying they need my prescription which I already sent. They asked me to fill out a form to allow them access to my local eye doctor's prescription. Which he gave them the exact same paper I already sent in.

Next, I get an email saying they can not do dual vision glasses so they will be canceling my order. I never asked for dual vision so I had to make another phone call. I had already paid for and selected a single vision lens so I don't understand why they decided to change it to dual vision. I guess since my prescription has numbers for distance and reading, they assumed that's what I really want. The last phone call took 10 minutes. I finally got my order entered and during the process I received 10 emails, sent 3 emails, and made 2 phone calls. This is a lot of time out of my work day. I can not speak to the quality of the glasses as I have not received them yet. I recommend Framesdirect.com. I have several glasses ordered from them and have never had a problem. I just ordered some Oakley Sunglasses from Frames Direct where I have no insurance and it cost way less than Lenscrafters was charging with insurance.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased a pair of glasses with protective coating. After wearing glasses outside I noticed that I was seeing a blue haze around objects. I returned to Lenscrafters and related my experience. The salesperson proceeded to tell me it was my fault. Since I got my eye exam there also the salesperson consulted with them. They finally conceded when the eye doctor agreed with me that I never had that problem with any other glasses. It had to be their fault. My advice go somewhere else. I paid over $400.00 wasn't worth the hassle.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I have purchased from Lenscrafters in the past 20 years. When I first started to purchase my lens from them they were on top of their game. Quality was the best, the styles offered were above average from other places, and customer service was knowledgable and helpful. This time I ordered 2 pairs for regular and sun glasses. When I picked them up the regular glasses looked fine but fit weird and uncomfortable.

The sun glasses were so wrong the sales person blamed it on my large prescription and it straightens out the lens so they fit all loose and wrong size. The salesman seemed to really not care or that it even mattered I was unhappy. I was not told this when I purchased them so I returned them on the spot. I waited too long to return the regular lens.... So I'm stuck. I won't ever go back to Lenscrafters. Too many other choices.

Original review: April 29, 2019

After purchasing a pair of a Ray-Ban frameless glasses, the agent attempted to charge me $738 and when I declined, lowered the price to $377.00. The product was exceptionally flimsy and broke the 2nd day I had them. Returned for new ones, the same thing occurred with then new pair after waiting another three weeks to get them after ordering.

Driving another 45 miles to the store (the third time round trip, 270 miles) I explained that I was unhappy with my purchase and wanted a refund. The store staff suggested that I get a different frame, and I picked out an Oakley frame they had on display, and asked them to use my progressive prescription that they had on file and measured me for to use in those frames and call when they were ready. I called a week later to determine their status and was told that they had a policy of not putting their clear lenses into Oakley frames, only tinted ones. I indicated I wanted a refund, but they said that the time that I could ask for a refund had expired after thirty days, despite their "two year warranty" that they offer. The store manager was unhelpful and referred me to their corporate office which you can not email or call.

After numerous complaints and multiple calls to the store about the matter, they referred me to their district manager who not only was unhelpful, but rude, hostile and obnoxious, telling me not to shop at LensCrafters again, as if that were likely. She indicated that the corporate office would make a refund but it would take twenty days to receive. I needed to threaten small claims court legal action to receive my refund. Horrible shopping experience with them, and I would highly recommend using more local, non-chain oriented opticians for better service, honest warranty policy and assurance that your valuable vision is in good care.

Original review: April 16, 2019

After cataract surgery I was told that I was allowed a certain amount from Medicare for new glasses. Having dealt with Lenscrafters before I returned for my new glasses. I was told by the salesperson that they do not submit claims to Medicare but I could file on my own. That of course leads one to believe that I would be paid by Medicare. Wrong! Lenscrafters does NOT belong to Medicare, therefore I was denied. If you are looking to be reimbursed by Medicare, go someplace else.

Original review: March 31, 2019

This company sells the worst glasses! They did not tell me they sell cheap plastic glasses. They smudge & scratch very easy. I paid $475.00 for my progressive lens, had I known they sell and make cheap plastic lenses I wouldn’t have never got my glasses at Lenscrafters. My husband bought a pair and has the same problem with his lenses as well. No matter how much you clean them they are cloudy with smudges it’s so hard to see out of them. Totally defeats the purpose of having clear vision. Really bad quality lens. Do yourself a favor and don’t buy glasses from Lenscrafters they are a total ripoff! If I could give them zero stars I would!!!

Original review: March 18, 2019

Paid 465.00 for glasses. Everything is slanted to the right. Lenscrafters said it was the eye exam that was wrong. They would not help. I nor my family will ever use this place again. 465.00 out the window, still looking for a pair of glasses that work right.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I purchased a pair of reading glasses last April. The eyeglasses were partially covered under my plan but I still had an out of pocket expense of close to $300. I did not purchase the warranty as I never had to with any of my glasses since I only use them for reading. A couple of months ago I realized the lenses were constantly smudgy and had spots on them. Even after cleaning them they still remained. I went back In To the Freehold location which is where I purchased them and was told the lenses needed to be replaced and that the coating was coming off. I was also told that when I purchased them that I was informed of the proper care instructions, which were not to use the cloth over and over because it gets dirty and scratches the coating off.

That was a lie, I was never told this. Had I been this wouldn’t have happened. They said I had to buy new lenses. I contacted customer service via email and received a response that since I didn’t buy the warranty I’d have to pay. I responded telling them I would be writing reviews and that this was unacceptable and I wanted to speak with the District Manager. Till today I’ve never heard back from anyone. Unacceptable and unprofessional. Now that I’m reading other's reviews I see I’m not the only victim. Shame on them.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I will never go back to the store in NJ - I had lenses replaced in an old pair of frames - the prescription changed very slightly in my everyday pair of glasses, so I was updating my workspace lenses. I handed the frames over to them to cut the new lenses. My old lenses were thrown away - they would not replace the lenses or reimburse me for the lenses that they tossed. The company states that I said "go ahead and throw them away, I don't know what I would do with them anyway" - at no point did I say that and I could very well have used them in case anything happened to the lenses I have now. As it happens, the new lenses are really bad - I am having a terrible time seeing anything... After asking multiple times, they have done nothing - but say that a regional manager has contacted me - all lies. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I purchased my eyeglasses in 2017. Spent a ton of money on my everyday transitional lens and a pair of single vision sunglasses with a warranty on both pair. About 8 months into the first year, the UV coating on my everyday pair began to peel, so I had them replaced because they were within the warranty period. Fast forward to today, they're peeling AGAIN!! Only this time they're not covered! Needless to say, I am one unhappy customer. When I purchased my glasses I was told the coating would also prevent smudging and reduce the computer glare. They sold me a crappy product that wasn't worth the extra money, so I'm trying to contact corporate HQ to have my lenses replaced at no cost minus the UV coating.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I purchased high-end glasses from Lenscrafters. After 4 months the one lens became distorted. I went to the store, fully realizing I would have to pay when what I found out shocked me. I was told, "We don't replace one lens only, we won't replace your lenses as it would be more money than buying a new pair." My an environmental perspective this policy is a disaster. So I guess the customer should just add their frames to a dump site with a 1000 year life span. DON'T CONTRIBUTE TO THIS ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I purchase a pair of eyeglasses, from this location December 2018. I have visited this location for the last 2 to 3 years and always purchase my eyeglasses with store warranty, my glasses cost at least $600 plus dollars with my employee insurance. In December I purchased a pair of Vogue glasses. Cost me $600 plus dollars with my employee insurance. I was told there's no longer any store warranty that I can add to my glasses as I have in the past. They have discontinued the warranty. I would never buy another pair of glasses from Lenscrafters. I recommend you not to buy any if you can't have a warranty. Their glasses are expensive. Cost me $800. I just picked up my glasses last week in January. Also, the $800 lens is not High ends. They smear all day even after cleaning several times with eyewear solution. I see why they are not covered under warranty. They are plastic cheap frames. I am now out of $800 prescription eyeglasses.

2/1/2019. Follow up with Lenscrafters staff online - Thank you for following up on my response but your information is incorrect. When I came into your store to purchased my glasses in December 2018 your worker stated that the lenses that I purchased are not cover by Lenscrafters warranty. I asked her why. She could not answer but she did ask the manager and the manager stated that the lens is not covered under warranty under their new policy under Lenscrafters warranty.

When I picked up my glasses from your worker in January 2019 which I believe was a manager, I asked her again about the insurance and she stated that my lenses are not covered by Lenscrafters warranty. I received my bill from my insurance company. My glasses cost me $800 plus dollar and the lenses were $600 by itself. So I am very upset that you stated that my lenses are Now cover so your employee was not honest. I am planning to file a complaint with the Consumer Affairs/BBB for false advertisement.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

About 2 yrs ago my husband and I purchased a pair of glasses which included the frame plus new lenses. After about 2 months the coating was slowly coming off on both our lenses. We went back and Lenscrafters replaced both our lenses. A few months went by and for the 2nd time the coating starting to wear off again and not to mention the scratches. The third they sent out for new lenses to the company that makes the lenses on my husband's lenses.

So far this have been ok but my third time they finally sent out to the company for my new lenses. It was very inconvenient on both of us. As per another customer the lenses never seemed clean and had smudge marks on them constantly. I have been wearing glasses for many years and never had this problem other places. Lenscrafters kept insisting we weren't cleaning them properly!! We purchased 2 of their cleaning kits and that was all we used. I am on my 3rd lens change and hopefully it won't happen again!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I bought expensive frames July 2017 and bought warranty at same time. Last week the ear piece broke off. Of course, warranty dept said send them the frame fix for $45 3-6 weeks. I don't have another pair so can't be without glasses. I created an escalation ticket to Regional Manager. No response as of 1/29. I proceeded to chat with a CSR who said nothing can be done except send off glasses. The Regional Manager never responded so what good is it to create a ticket. The glasses normal daily wear - the earpiece shouldn't break off. I know it's nearly 2 yrs July 2018, but all I wanted was even exchange of same frame or another one of equal or lesser value. No- they will not work with me at all - send to warranty for $45 fix. Won't work with me to exchange. I am so displeased - the frames are Burberry - not cheap. But I am not a concern for Lenscrafters - they don't care about my as a customer at all. Disgusting customer service responses.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Between myself and my wife, we bought three glasses at LensCrafters (New Jersey) last summer (7/18), we both cannot wait to get new glasses. One set was completely out of center (progressive glasses). Initially they said it was a matter of getting used to! Eventually they did fix that. Worst of all is that the glass quality is truly disappointing. These glasses are dirty from day 1, despite all the sprays and wipes they will also sell you. They smudge so easily you won’t believe it. They also scratch very readily. We’ve had glasses forever, glasses we bought over 10 years ago look better than these from 6 months ago. To be balanced: My daughter bought her contacts there and is happy with them.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Purchased glasses on 12/22/2018 and have still not received my glasses. I was told they needed to bring in the lenses from their warehouse and that I would have glasses in 10 days. I called after 25 days and was told that only one lens came in and that the other one was on its way. However he went on to say they ordered both lenses that day and would have them here in 10 days. Still nothing and no communication from them. Hoping I can cancel the order and receive a refund so I can go somewhere reputable. Bad service and even worse communication!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Third complaint issued. No results as of today 1-19-19...last. Long time customer of Lenscrafters 15 years or so... I have a medical plan thru my place of employment in which money is deducted from my salary to cover my eyewear expense. Technically I came into Lenscrafters on 125 Route 46 Totowa NJ 07512 to receive assistance with my somewhat bent frames... Without even consideration to attempt to adjust or repair my expensive glasses....I was rudely told No by the female and male store manager that they wouldn't try...which I felt was unprofessional and not company policy or procedure. However an associate overheard this conversation and was very apologetic and assisted me.

He also shared with me that it was possible that my Persol was made out of solid metal...so it was very likely that if I or anyone was to bend the frame slowly it should be fine... I am sorry I can't recall the associate's name. He should be merited 'cause I myself did take his advice and it Worked... Nevertheless I purchased another pair of glasses with him the same day 'cause my original lenses was scratched. My initial complaint again...I feel the two managers should definitely be spoken to about their behavior... Please contact me ASAP. My name is John **... My email address don't seem to get me a live person or voice. I attempted that way with my prior complaint... Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Badly made eyeglasses Lenscrafters Orland Park, Il Mall - In a June 2018, I purchased 3 pairs of glasses, which included one pair of sunglasses (no line bifocals). The last time visited Lenscrafters was 6 years prior. I did not know the company was sold. Anyway, I had to go back 3 times to get the frames adjusted because I had to bob my head up and down when at my computer or even reading the wording in my car visor. I could see better with them off. Today I went to an ophthalmologist and met with the technician. She spent one hour looking at the lenses and said the lenses were not cut correctly. The line for the “no“ line part of the lenses was not straight. It is my fault for not returning these glasses last June, but I wanted consumers to know of my experience. In addition, the staff is not helpful and seemed rushed. The fact that the store was not busy should have been a sign to me.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I scheduled eye exam with local Lenscrafters outfit. Got exam done and when it came to order eyeglasses checked their frames. Cheapest one resembling cheap glasses from 99C store was $140!!! Making lenses would have cost me about $260! Hello!! Over $400 for cheap crap!!! The worst part was that they didn't give me my prescription so I had to beg them for it as if if I got free eye exam. Terrible way of treating customers. This is very typical of many optical shops. Fortunately there is Costco where is no cheating.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

This company sells the worst glasses. They did not tell me all they sell is plastic glasses. They smudge every day & scratch very easy. I paid $450.00 for plastic glasses. I could have bought from the dollar store. They are Ray-Bans. Do not buy glasses here. I bought the same one 2 years earlier at vision works, they were glass and great. I complained to lens crafter & they said, "Nothing we could do." Really bad quality.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Had lens prescription filled a few months after exam due to not being able to find frames I liked. Found some at Lenscrafters. Wore them, vision was still bad, actually worse than old prescription... Thought it was where I had waited so long to get prescription filled. Had yearly eye exam, took prescription to WalMart due to its great reputation in Lebanon where I live. They looked at my lens, said left lens was warped. I then realized why I could not see well, it was dreadful reading, working on computer and watching computer.

Told them I had purchased insurance and I would call Lenscrafters to see if they'd take care of it. Boiled down to... They would ONLY change lens if it was same prescription I had in it, of course I had a new one. Told them issue w/ warped lens... They said, "Sorry it would be a new prescription and it makes no difference." THEY WOULD NOT STAND BEHIND A FAULTY WARPED LENS THAT GAVE ME GRIEF for months. PLEASE PASS THE WORD ON, I AM SO SORRY DUE TO I REALLY LIKED THE STAFF THERE... NEVER go there please.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I was looking around for some new frames Lenscrafters in Walnut Creek, CA. 3 Employees standing around the register. 1 Employee in the corner watching me. No one approached me. I was on my own. I had to approach the lady to ask her something. She just looked at me. I had to pull everything out of her nose. I felt totally ignored. Wonder how can they do business or stay in business, never again.

I'm a salesperson my self. I give every single person the best service I can provide. I'm also a trainer and consultant for businesses. I never had any complaints, So I know how to treat customers. If the people at Lenscrafters don't like their jobs, then they shouldn't work there or store managers should give better training. Hope more people are reading these reviews. Maybe someone from the corporate department will finally listen. How to do business, maybe they need some training from a business coach???

Lenscrafters Company Information