EyeSave.com

Compare Eyeglasses Online

Research top Eyeglasses Online recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses from EyeSave.com on 3/19 and after several emails back & forth despite several promises by them to ship the order that I was charged for, they still have not shipped them on 4/17. Their customer service is the absolute worst. There has been "0" communication initiated by them about delays or inability to ship the order yet they charged my credit card. I have demanded and have been told that they have processed a refund. We'll see how long it takes. Based on other complaints I have read, they were likely knockoffs anyway, which is a misrepresentation and their refunds take an unacceptable length of time to be processed. This company is definitely a scam & should be avoided.

I ordered eyeglasses on Oct 2 and paid for shipping. No word from EyeSave until email on October 13 congratulating me that my order was shipped that day. Shipping notice included exclamation point. No explanation for delay or contact when order was not timely shipped as per order sheet and promised delivery. I have had much better service with order web reading glasses sellers and won't deal with EyeSave.com again.

I purchased the Sunglasses on August 8th for birthday on August 20th. By the 18th they had not arrived so I emailed EyeSave. On August 19th I get an email saying they would ship them on the 21st, 13 days after the order. We were shocked and disgusted that they would take 13 days to get the order shipped without telling us of any delay. This is on their site: "Our huge selection, fast shipping and outstanding customer service have created a loyal fan base". To make matters worse we emailed back the evening of the 19th and asked to cancel the order. On the 20th, we get an email saying they can't cancel they just sent them (on the 20th). How convenient that an order to go out the 21st was sent out on the 20th just before they check their emails where we wanted to cancel. They're not going to tell you if there's a huge wait time and they're going to play games with you on trying to cancel orders. Deal with them at you own risk.

After making me wait for weeks for this order to be shipped, you have the inimitable gall to suggest that you will give me 48 hours to correct a problem which you instigated by your own procrastination?! How dare you! You will wait until I inform and direct you as to how to proceed. You serve the customers, not vice-versa. Without myself and fellow shoppers, you would be in a bread or soup line! I further demand that you refer my remarks to your supervisory staff and to the management of EyeSave. I will also await from them a swift and courteous reply.

This vendor should be taken off the internet. They are the worst I've ever dealt with. They claim you can return unused sunglasses if they don't fit, but what they don't tell you is that they keep your money for a couple of months before they refund it to you. They're a scam, I'm contacting the BBB on them too and the state of NY consumer complaints.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about EyeSave.com?

I purchased wrong item, was told to return, then reorder correct item.

was refunded original total MINUS 15% & shipping charges. i realize that this is stated in their policy but WHAT A RIPOFF....

I ordered 5 pair of Solar Shield sunglasses on June 25, 2006. An email from EyeSave.com on June 26 said,

Items from Order 7042756 have been shipped to our International Consolidation Center. After several weeks I checked on the order and filled in an inquiry form at their site asking about the order. I had no response. Today (September 8, about 2 and a half months since I place the order) I tried to send another inquiry, but after typing in (and cutting and pasting in from their email to me) I got a message, not a valid order number. I tried calling their 888 number, but it could not be connected (perhaps because I'm not in the US). I tried looking for a local phone number for them, but found nothing.

EyeSave.com has had my money since June. My sunglasses have not been delivered and I have no assurance that anything will be done about the situation.

I found what was advertised as Solar Shield sunglasses on their website. I bought five pairs. After a period of time, I got a box in the mail that contained five pairs of fits-over sunglasses. Problem is, they weren't Solar Shields. They were Visual healthwear brand. I called Eyecare.com and was told they were the same company, just a different name. I called Dioptics,(maker of SolarShields), and they refuted that claim. Dioptics said that if it didn't say SolarShields on them then it wasn't them. I now can't get Eyecare.com to answer their phone and have been calling during busniess hours. They've even turned off their automated answering service asking me to wait.

I paid $50.00 for five pair of knock-off sunglasses. I need the UV protection that SolarShields provide me. I read from an auction on eBay, that the Visual brand only blocks 60% of the UVA & 99% of the UVB. SolarShields block 100% of both.

I order Bolle Glamrock sunnies 6 Jan 05. Immediately we received an email to say they had confirmed our order no 588454. They also debited our credit card instantly and the extra amount to expedite the order. We have sent many emails and the latest tracking says our order doesn't exist. The auto generated emails are a farce. Has Pat Ferguson as a contact name to make it appear more realistic. Now if we send an email, we do not get any response. As we are in Aust/outside US it is hopeless to get any info. Time delay doesn't help. Companies like this spoilt it for other online ordering. I want my glasses or money back.

order has not been received and no satisfactory feedback.

I ordered a pair of Bolle Glamrock 10092 sunglasses on the 6 Jan 2005 from their online store. After a few days I checked on the order status and found that it had not moved passed the order confirmed and the company had debited my Amex card. After several emails to the company I still don't have my sunglasses. I have now discovered that I can't login onto my account to check the status, the system says no such order exists.

I think this company should be closed down as I think they are shonky. We even paid extra to expedite the order, if you could believe their guff. How do I get my money back from these charletons as it is quite obvious they are not going to honour their contract with me.

I bought a pair of Arnette Deuce sunglasses from them. They have discount prices on sunglasses. I paid around 60 dollars from them not including shipping and handleing. Roughyly 15 dollars less then retail. When I recieved them I observed the sunglasses and compared them to the exact pair in the store and found that sunglasses sent to me were not authentic and definately not worth the amount I paid for them. They were a knock off that I paid just less then full price for. Eyesave.com was also very un responsive and had the worst customer support I have ever encountered. I can see why if they are selling fake shades.

I was pissed and felt taken.

EyeSave.com Company Profile