3.5/5 (451 ratings)

About America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: June 16, 2021

I was in a time crunch to get contacts before my honeymoon! I met Dr. ** who was AMAZING! He explained everything in detail and all staff was dedicated to me receiving them on time. I previously thought contacts were not an option (told to me by many doctors because of my astigmatism). Not only did they fit me with comfortable contacts, but they also made sure I was happy with the fit before ordering! They also did a great job explaining pricing and how to get a better deal with certain brands! No pressure in buying their brand, and very informative! All staff is friendly, I was able to be seen quickly, it is clean and safe with COVID protocols. Will be back! THANK YOU FOR THE FAB EXPERIENCE!

Original review: May 24, 2021

Diaunte' was the ultimate professional and provided top level customer service! From the beginning when we walked through the door she welcomed us and eased the fear of my granddaughter who was afraid because it was her first time seeing an eye doctor. Diaunte' was patient and help her pick out her glasses and let her know that she was going to look great in her new glasses. I would recommend everyone to go visit Diaunte' at America's Best Eye Glass in Waxahachie, Texas.

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2021

I could not state a more affirmative review if I owned the company. From the moment I arrived it was a positive, professional and welcoming experience. I have a tricky prescription. My lenses have three (trifocal) sections with astigmatism. The associate (Jennifer) that worked with me, she measured me, measured the glasses I selected. She even helped selecting the most complementary metal color. Miss Jennifer marked the lenses to ensure an accurately placed levels for driving, for distance and for reading. The entire experience was customized to ensure quality eyewear. Upon receiving my glasses, I realized immediately they were perfect! I have never had better vision than I do today. Even my field of vision has changed for the better. Honestly, I feel taller!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

This is my third year of going to America's Best in Colonie NY... I have had zero complaints with staff, service received or the products. Although the glasses purchased at 2 pair $69.95 incl free exam (which now gives free enhanced testing, that used to cost an extra $50) aren't built to last for years, they serve their purpose and keeps me coming back every year, not only keeping me on track to get my eyes checked every year and if you think about it, when you do go back every year, you can get a different style (who doesn't get bored with the same glasses every day?).

I go in with my mind pre made up knowing that I will not be purchasing the higher priced frames, fancier lenses, coatings, warranties or "upgrades". I left there today with 4 pair of glasses, 3 for distance and 1 pair of bifocals for $156. Upon being offered the add on warranty I explained... I purchased my "warranty" in the form of 3 extra pair of glasses in case one gets lost or broken (lol). Just like with any purchase you make, you likely get what you pay for and for the price, I would say I got a pretty darn good deal... Keep up the great work at being America's Best Colonie, NY, I certainly thank you!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I made an appointment for new eyeglasses at the America's Best store in Sarasota, Florida. I arrived on time and was led immediately to an office for pre-screening. After that, I waited 5 min for my free professional eye exam. After that I browsed the frames for a few minutes when the sales person came to help me select my frames and do the paperwork. The entire process was smooth and quick. All employees were professional and pleasant. The glasses came in 2 weeks. When I went to pick them up I was greeted immediately and the technician was. very patient while fitting my glasses. Total cost for 2 pairs was $ 69 as advertised. I highly recommend America's Best in Sarasota for eyeglasses.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

The deal for eye exam and 2 pairs of glasses sounds good but, I encountered a few disturbing and unprofessional conducts that made me walk out. I made it to my appointment 20 minutes early to check the frames, my appointment was given to a family of four and they expected me to wait for over an hour because of the management greed to get 4 people in at my scheduled time, yes, family of four with three kids and mommy, all to bring in money with total disregard with an appointment that was made two weeks in advanced.

Walked out as my time is more important to cater to incompetent and dimwitted manager who gave my appointment away and immediately received an email to re-schedule and what the issue was. Described the sub standard, idiotic and greedy conduct in detail and never heard back from them. Cheap plastic frames that look like they import them for $10 per dozen. Metal frames did not look of quality that may last and fit correct. My research and study show the lenses used are also of low grade and accuracy of match with that of the RX and warranty have been an issue with many customers. Totally below average and unprofessional business. Invest the money on a good exam and quality frame and lenses, it's your eyes.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I purchased glasses with transition lens from America's Best less than 6 months ago. One of my lens started showing marks from the top down and kept growing. I took them to the store only to be told no warranty purchased, I'd have to pay for replacement. This is a lens quality issue they refuse to address. I'll be taking my business elsewhere. Stay away unless you are prepared to buy all their additional warranties.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

The promotion is attractive, two pairs and an eye exam for $69.00. To their credit, the eye exam seemed thorough, although they do try to add another $10 for a glaucoma test. Then the fun begins. The $69 glasses are the lower quality plastic lenses and frames, and only in a few models. If you need or want transition lenses? Extra. If you need or want progressive lenses or bifocals? Extra. Everything other than the plastic lenses and frames is extra, extra, extra, and pretty soon you're quickly up around $400.00 plus. The transition lenses are poor substitutes for sunglasses, so if you need prescription sunglasses, guess what? It's EXTRA. I was so disenchanted in being nickel & dimed to death I walked out after the eye exam.

Their entire business model is based on limited selection and quality of the $69.00 special, and geared towards upselling until you are spending hundreds of dollars to be able to see. I would offer that before you get the eye exam, ask them which glasses and lenses qualify for the $69 price, because anything other than plain vanilla is an add-on cost. They have a long wall display of all the available frames, but literally only a handful of them qualify for the $69 price. Everything else is more.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

To whom it may concern. I would like to express myself regarding a poor and unprofessional customer service that I have received. I wear bifocals glasses. So it turned out two days earlier, I had a full eye exam, which took 40 minutes. When I came into store I received a eye exam, which took 10 minutes. I found the difference in 0.5 and showed the manager (Mellisa). She said that the difference is small and I will not noticeable. I advised her several times that the lower part should for the computer distance and not for reading. I brought my own frames (expensive for me), the same as I wear now. When I came to receive my glasses, it turned out they were for reading. I pointed out this error to Mellisa. she said that I was wrong, because I check on a piece of paper. She told me I need to take the glasses home and test on the computer.

I try to explain to her that she was wrong and when I called the doctor and showed my glasses which were ordered in the same store 2 years ago they admitted their mistake. It took 30 minutes. I asked for a refund. She refused me because it was my own frame. Because part of the payment was covered by the insurance, I had to agree to send the glasses back. Now I have to wait three weeks again, and because the basic glasses are broken, I have to buy elsewhere and pay full price. My insurance only covers one pair. Totally unprofessional service, and disrespect for the buyer and no even single word of apology from her. I believe the company needs to pay attention on the reviews that are submitted by customers regarding the the customer service that provided.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Today, 9/20/2021, I called America's Best of Tukwila to have my prescription transferred to my new optometrist. Their manager stated that it can't be because it is expired. I will never return to them!!! Eye care is important. Go to small shops for better service.

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information