3.8/5 (370 ratings)

About America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses?

Original review: March 17, 2022

I went there for the 1st time with my husband although he couldn't find a pair he liked. However, the staff was amazing, and I wound up buying 2 amazing pair of glasses. The doctor took her time with us and explained everything in detail.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I had one of the best and most thorough eye exams at the Palm Springs, Ca. office with Dr. **. He is very knowledgeable, and offers great detail about the state of one's eyes. I had an eye exam last year with Acuity--this exam last year was free and offered through my health care group. The Acuity Group gave me a very short exam and a lousy pair of eyeglasses which is why I decided to go out on my own and pay for the exam. The staff helped me to select 2 pair of glasses which were included with the exam. Very nice, genial staff members. Go see Dr. **!!!!

Get buying tips about Glasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I stopped in to the Farmington, CT office to have some eyeglass frames adjusted. Kaylyn was very helpful and friendly. I asked about some of the frames and products you carry and she walked around with me and helped me find frames that might be an option for my son. I will definitely recommend this store.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Knowledgeable, friendly, did not try to oversell or try to talk you into something that you don't want. They took their time with you and answered all the question we had. Great selection of frames and the glasses came faster than they told me.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I didn't feel staff was very educated on how to fit glasses. I have astigmatism and curve to the frame makes a great difference. My feet appear 10 feet away instead of 5 when curve is off. Leaves you feeling out of balance.

Original review: June 17, 2022

Go in to get the eye exam & two frames. Told I'll be contacted when they arrive, 2 weeks max. After 2 weeks, I call to find they've been there for days. Go get them but one pair isn't right. Besides the frame constantly slipping off my nose, they hurt after 20 minutes & the script isn't working for me as a graphic designer with monitors two feet away. I have to lean in to get focused which is harsh for neck and posture. These things were causing pain.

The other pair, the distance pair for driving, was wonderful. Big black frames which sat squarely on my face without trouble. I wear them for hours without hassle. On top of this, I've developed cataracts and it's hindering me greatly in the evening. I have to turn monitor brightness to 1 to compensate for the glare. There's a free cataract surgery program but I need a "Letter of necessity" from a licensed optometrist. When I first came in and had my exam, I was clear in what I needed but the doc was more concerned with being a salesman.

Now I go to get the letter and see what I can do to exchange the frames with a happy pair. I ask for the doc who did my exam but there is no doctor in the building at all. An older woman with dyed black hair (forgotten her name) couldn't help me decide for or against bifocals after 90 minutes. "I don't know. This is all new to me but it's your job," I tell her. She tries bending the cruddy glasses and puts silicone nose pads on to alleviate the pain & slippage of the plastic ones this cheap company sent them with. In doing so, she chips a lensee. At this point she said she'd speak to a specific doctor on Monday about the letter for cataract surgery & what would be the best way to go for two-feet-away computer work. It was Friday. Monday comes and she leaves a message to say the doc is in a class and she'll call tomorrow. Tuesday comes and at 5pm I call to find she's off. Some serious unprofessionalism is going on here.

By now I'm more than frustrated. I get a younger-sounding woman on the phone and tell her my troubles. She says bifocals for reading up close, placed under a script maximized for seeing two-feet away in the frame I asked for seems ideal. She orders them, informing me they'll arrive faster than last time and promises someone will ring when they're in. I asked why nobody did the first time and she said they're having phone issues. A work order was placed a month ago but corporate is unresponsive. She promises I'll be contacted when the new ones arrive by a human being, not automation. You already know I wasn't.

Today I ring, 13 days since I went in to get the uncomfy pair "Fixed" and a week since the new order was placed. My calls go straight to voicemail which says I'm calling after hours. It's 2pm on Thursday! Now I have to call the corporate office where a lady verifies that, "Yes, the glasses arrived yesterday." she tries contacting the store and gets the same voicemail.

I live 50 minutes and 36 miles away from this place so getting there is a pain unless I have other things to do nearby (Lowe's is across the street). I drive a very cool old truck but she's not a gas sipper. It's over $20 round-trip with today's cost of gas. A family member is near and agrees to pick them up for me. When she brings them, I put them on and discover they're sized for someone with a head much bigger than mine.

I don't understand stupidity and laziness. The first frames, the exact style of frames, were fit perfectly when they arrived. Why are the new pair incorrectly sized? See the photo? They're literally 1/2 inch wider than the first pair. Who are these incompetents? They've got my measurements. The first pair proves it. Additionally, the script STILL ISN'T RIGHT. I have to lean in to get focus on the monitor. And where's my letter of necessity? Can't call the store. That voicemail issue. So I ring the 800 #. Again. After 15 more minutes on hold, the lady says she'll transfer me to the agent who helped me earlier. Click, click, SCREEEECH for 8 seconds until I hang up. We're treading in the land of epic half**ery.

I call the toll free for the third time today and tell the lady not to transfer me but leave a message for the agent who is "Handling my case," asking her to ring me tomorrow between noon and one. That's when I'm open. By now I've been in their store 3 times for almost 4 hours and I've rung them up 7 times yet things are still messed up. How do companies filled with such foolishness survive? I need to get glasses which fit and suit me at the desk, not incorrect lenses in a wobbly frame made for King Kong. I need the letter. I need professionalism and integrity. I'll let you know how this turns out. Don't hold your breath for a happy ending.

Original review: June 9, 2022

The $79 free exam and 2 pairs of glasses is a ripoff. They have lied to me and ripped me off. I basically got an eye exam. Called their corporate headquarters "National Vision" and was lied to again. Tried to talk to any manager, was put on hold, and have to this day never been able to talk to any manager. They are a rip off! They have forever lost me as a customer! If you would heed my words, go somewhere else, and save your hard earned money.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Each department knows nothing about the other departments. The front desk people I was told doesn't know about how their specials work, the eye exam girl knows nothing about nothing and the optometrist needed his managers approval before proceeding with my order. I feel like it's the oldest sales trick where they send in the relief pitcher to upsell you. In my case while they were discussing me just wanting plain and simple glasses, I saw that the glare resistance was an additional $50 per pair. The manager added the glare resistance on one pair at my request and said my glasses now come with warranty that is included with the glare resistance. What she should have told me was that in order the get glare resistance I needed to look at the pricing for the lens upgrade on the left side of their price sheet.

Nowhere on the right does it say you have to pay to upgrade the lens in order to purchase the glare resistance. When I got home and noticed the added charges I called and spoke to that manager and pretty much cast the blame on her employee. She didn't offer any type of resolution, like did I want to cancel the glare resistance?? It had only been 30min since I had left the store, surely they weren't being made.

On 5/15 I was told that it would take 2 weeks for my glasses to come in, so I called today and I spoke to the same manager. When I gave her my name I can hear the attitude change in her voice and she told me they called me on 5/19 to advise that my glasses were ready. I wasn't left a voicemail and all she could say was that "well we called". I will not be using this company or referring them.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I went to pick up my new contacts from the America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses, Wyncote, PA and met with a young lady who was assisting me, when suddenly supervisor Justin stepped in for no reason and began an argument by picking on me. When I wanted to order glasses using the same prescription I received from the same store Justin pointed out that he does not know if the prescription, I had in my hand, is for long distance for computer viewing or not. I don't know why he was even speaking with me; I never asked for his assistance. Everything went downhill from there.

I asked Justin to move away from me because he became irritable and argumentative, and the only reason I could think that he was that way is a means of showing "power" as a supervisor. I am now afraid to return to the store to get anything done because Justin assumes he's being helpful but he really just picks at a customer and starts irritating folks; and will not step aside and let the other floor agents do their jobs.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Worse company ever. After the free exam, services just goes down the drain if you ever need to come back for a new pair of glasses. Nobody knows anything, employees give the wrong information before checking/confirming and it's absolutely a headache trying to get information on your own prescription. God forbid you go to a different store than where you had the initial exam, because even though they can see your prescription in their database they require the old store to fax the prescription to them. However when you call the initial store they will tell you that they need to check company policy before even helping you with the fax and will leave you on hold for 20 mins or more.

Even ordering online is a headache because the store employees still need to verify your prescription and lack the diligence to confirm and compare the information they get from you with the information they have in their system. They will also strong arm your prescriptions and tell you they cannot give you the information they see in their database. I had to call corporate office twice because the incompetency of this place is unbelievable! Never will I ever recommend this company. There is a reason why they are so "affordable" I guess. No one is ever able to help you and everyone is confused on company policy and procedure! Beware, your prescription will be mismanaged by everyone. What is the point of having your prescription in their database if it cannot be accessed company wide to make buying glasses more convenient?

America's Best Contacts and Eyeglasses Company Information