20/20 Eyeglass Superstore

Melbourne, FL

Compare Eyeglasses Online

Research top Eyeglasses Online recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I wish I had read the reviews before doing business with these people. We were told on the phone "everything is included" (thin lenses, etc) with the pricing of 2 pairs for $150. WRONG! My son had an eye exam, then we looked at the tiny selection of frames (they advertise "100's of styles to choose from"- WRONG). The $150 deal only included a handful of frames, the rest were much more expensive. He picked a frame & was quoted a price for "everything" of $219. They suddenly the tacked on another $20 for his lenses. Then another $25 for a scratch warranty. So we were up to almost $250 for one pair of glasses. Since my son was visiting from out of town, I decided I would bite the bullet & order these expensive glasses, which were already $100 over budget. The next day we went to pick them up & there was no anti-reflective coating on the lenses, like the pair he currently wears, which they examined before we ordered the new ones.

We were informed then that it would cost ANOTHER $100 for the coating!! We were never told before we ordered about the missing coating. I declined & asked for a full refund. The manager refused to refund, stating that "they have a no refund policy". NOWHERE in the store does it say no refunds, and nowhere on our receipt does it say no refunds. TOTALLY DECEPTIVE. I told her we would not be paying another $100, if I had known then I would never have order them. She started bargaining with me, dropping the price to $79, then to $49 for the coating. RIDICULOUS. At that point I had no choice but to hand over the glasses for the coating, as they were unusable as they were and pay another $49 when we picked them up. So about $300 for a pair of glasses we could have gotten elsewhere for a lot less, and I had only planned on spending $150 max.

Then to top it off when we picked them up they said there was a DIFFERENT coating made for people who work on the computer that we could have gotten! My son works on the computer so it would have been NICE to KNOW all the options & actual prices before we ordered! WHAT A RIPOFF! The company has no corporate office to complain to, btw, and since the manager did the wrong thing to us already, we are SOL. :(

I purchased prescription glasses and sunglasses from the Winter Park location, spent over $500 and the frames are flimsy and cheaply made. The store will not return my emails or phone calls! Horrible customer service! I WANT A REFUND! The frames I purchased are not worth $20. How can I get in contact with the corporate office or anyone that will speak with me regarding this issue?

If I had seen this site I would not have gone there. I'm not sure why this site doesn't come up on a search for reviews. I looked at reviews before I went and there were a mix of good and bad so I decided to take a chance. Result: I am pretty sure that I will not rest until I have this place reported such that they cannot do business. The reason is because eyeglasses are a prescription, and should be treated with the same amount of care. If a drugstore made a mistake with my prescription they would be in trouble. If they couldn't get it right the second time, they'd be out of business. I don't see why my eye health should not be treated in the same manner.

Here is my story: These folks examined my eyes and sold me two pairs of eyeglasses on the buy one get one free offer. The glasses cost over $500 for two pair by the time they finished adding charges for things like polycarbonate lenses. The frame selection was limited because the second frame could not cost more than a certain amount. They made all kinds of complicated calculations on the receipt which they said was because "Florida is strange about the eye exam."

By the time I got home I realized something was wrong and went back. I was pretty annoyed because I asked about the details of my bill and the manager kept trying to write on my original. He said he'd give me another but only gave me a photocopy. They redid the eye exam and found a different prescription. This time I tried the trial lenses and they seemed fine. It took about a week for them to make the new pair - I hoped that meant they took their time and did it right.

Got the new glasses and this time it was a little while longer before I got a headache. The last time I got new glasses I was able to see everything clearly, right down to the small print on the eye charts. The ones in the store went down at least to 10. They tested me on line 8. Clearly they didn't expect any more of their product that acceptable vision correction.

The facility is nice and they provide refreshments to distract from the poor quality lenses and service. I was told things like that I could not see out of the corners of the glasses because my peripheral vision would not be as good as in other spots. I was told that because I didn't order the more expensive option that the bifocal area would be smaller. I couldn't really tell. They convinced me that my vision is not able to be fully corrected.

Worst of all, I am pretty sure that the employee who gave me my glasses broke them while "adjusting" them. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but I watched him use pliers on them and then suddenly he turned his back and did more "adjustments." Since I am quite nearsighted I was not able to see what he did, but when I got home I switched pairs and found the damage you see in the pictures. Somehow on a new pair of glasses the frame has been pulled apart on both sides. As I said earlier, I will find out who can hold these people accountable and they will be held accountable.

I purchased my glasses in January of 2014. Since the purchase I have had nothing but problems with them. I have been back numerous times and they can't seem to get it right. I unable to see clearly and after 3 months one lens became scratched. Of course without the scratch guard protection plan they won't do anything. Even if I had purchased the scratch guard I would still have to pay to have them re-coated with anti glare.

I have been wearing glasses for over 20 years and this is the worst pair I have ever owned as well as the service at 20/20 Eyeglass Superstore after the purchase was terrible. Typical Superstore, get your money and move on to the next. Needless to say I am extremely dissatisfied with my glasses and follow up service and will NOT be going back. Wal-Mart has better deals and are more friendly towards their customers and take care of them ever after the sale.

I had been a customer of 20/20 EyeGlass store for over 5 years. My most recent experience visit is why I'm now a former customer. I had my annual contact lens eye exam on 6/20/14 and my doctor was not available. His manager did my exam and I explained to him my issues I was having with my vision. I had been having issue seeing my laptop screen and my projector screen. The manager gave me my contact prescription and things seemed fined that day. I went on vacation for 7 days shortly afterwards but still noticed my vision was off. I assumed my recent contact prescription may have been wrong so I went back to 20/20 EyeGlass SuperStore and detailed these persisting issues with George, the store "manager". He heard my current issues and pulled my chart. He had an "aha" moment and said my chart was noted that due to my age (just turned 40), my near sight vision was changing.

The doctor who examined me noted this in the chart but DID NOT tell me this! I went around for weeks prior trying to figure out why my vision hadn't improved since my recent contact lens visit. George assured me I just needed readers and I would be fine. I saw my original doctor during this visit and he confirmed this near sight change was noted in my chart and said he didn't know why NO ONE told me about this change they noted in my vision. He told me to get some generic readers from Sam's or Costco and I should be fine. I took his answer as the best advice since he is the doctor.

I went to Sam’s and searched for some readers. I awkwardly tested my vision with the reader tool in the store to find the ones that worked best for me. I took them home and soon realized they didn't correct my vision properly. Upon returning these readers at Sam’s, one of the employees helped me and asked a simple insightful question, "Why didn't the doctor do an exam to tell me the strength I needed?"

I later called 20/20 EyeGlass Superstore and explained my current issues. The technician explained the doctor would see me for $40 exam fee. I asked why since the majority of my issues were caused by the omission of telling me about my near sight vision. I visited 20/20 EyeGlass superstore on 8/16/14 and talked with George directly. I was displeased by his answers to my questions regarding my experience. He seemed more content with excuses than actually listening. I told him I wanted the exact contact prescription per eye to help with my current situation. During the eye exam, the doctor gave me a prescription to fit the weakest eye for both eyes. They have done this in the past but considering my changing vision, I wanted the exact prescription.

George tried to tell me why this wouldn't rectify my issue. I calmly told him, he wasn't a doctor and I wanted to try to mitigate my current issues so I could see clearly. He started giving me more contact options about what could be done. Frustrated, I told him to give me my prescription so I could find a doctor and office that would hear me instead of having a manager trying to make more money off of THEIR mistake! I left after asking my last question. I inquired why wasn't I given an eye exam so I would know what strength of readers to get. I wasted time going to Sam's twice because I didn't have this information. George gave me a canned response stating typically you start with the lowest strength, blah, blah. Totally NOT hearing what I told him. I walked away from him at this point and will not give them anymore of my business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 20/20 Eyeglass Superstore?

20/20 Eyeglasses is scam. They charge me $550 for 1 pair of glasses with examination. It was complete, nothing like in the radio they were brag about. Please avoid this company guy. This is a rip off customer.

I went to 20/20 in Winter Pk Dec. 2012, had a coupon buy one get one--picked frames and lenses, was told it would cost $845.00. I asked if that was including what my insurance would cover, was told yes. So I said that is too much, I only want one pair, to which I was told, if you don't do the buy one get one it will still cost almost the same price, so you are better off getting both.. I was shocked that glasses were so expensive, but had to go out of town and needed glasses, so I bought them. I have not been to an eye dr since.

Last week I took my husband to a different eye dr, and his glasses cost around $250.00, so I started asking the girl questions about our insurance, which she reviewed in full with me. I explained what had happened at 20/20, and she told me to contact my ins company and ask for a copy of the EOB, which I had never received. Well my ins co had paid them $383.40, for the first pair of glasses. So for the buy one get one free they collected $1229.00.

So I went to the store the very next day and asked to talk to the mgr (who has no customer service skills at all). He first said to me "well then, is from Dec 2012, I can't do anything for you". He was not even interested in anything I had to say. He informed me that "if you have insurance the free coupon does not apply". When I tried to explain that the sales girl NEVER told me that, and that she told me if I only got one pair it would cost almost the same as the two pairs (leading me to believe I was getting one for free)--he just kept repeating can't use the coupon with insurance. I asked why his staff does not tell this to the customer, he said "this was too long ago, and I can not do anything for you."

I ended up walking out very angry. Will never do business with them again and will advise everyone to do the same. But this is fraud, I was lied to, and basically stolen from. Really, $1229.00 for 2 pairs of glasses and one is advertised as free -- this is highway robbery!!! I did not want 2 pairs of glasses, and only took both because they wanted the same amt of money for just one. I can't believe the manager does not care about the patients, and is certainly not interested in doing anything to make the customer happy. I feel really stupid because I trusted them, and since I never received anything from my insurance company, didn't realize at the time that anything was done wrong. Just thought I got ripped off and paid too much for the glasses. Now I know I have to go online to look for this EOB -- and I have realized what was done to me.

I am very angry to know that people do things like this and can sleep at night. Shame on you 20/20. You will never steal from me again, and George you should take some customer services classes before talking to your next customer. To the management if you were smart you would replace George and anyone else like him with honest people who have a conscience.

For starters, they do not care about their patients. They just want you to give them your money and that's all. I went and they asked what my prescription for my contacts previously was. When I told them, the doctor started from there. He was not personable. They did not care if the trial lens you try on, was completely clear or not. They are just there for your money. They advertise for two pairs for a cheap price to help people out. That is fine if you are 60 years old. Then when you go back in to get your glasses, they are rude when they are not straight and you point it out. I do not recommend them to absolutely anyone.

I asked about the possibility of the engraving (etching), removed and they responded that it could not be done because of the type of lens I had bought and that I would just have to get used to the etching. I then asked for a refund and then they refund my money; however, there would be a 25.00 dollar restocking fee, which I also objected to, because I wasn't told about the etching issue before I purchased both pairs eyeglasses. This issue for me is still unresolved!

WORST EXPERIENCE.. I purchased $617.00 Titanium progressive glasses with a clip-on sunglass and took them in for an adjustment one week later. The glasses cracked while they were being adjusted. The salesperson that cracked them ran over to the manager and he broke them in half saying it was a manufacturer defect in the soldering. The manager refused a refund and stated, "We don't give refunds" and my only option was to choose another pair of glasses. I told him I didn't want any other glasses in their store and that I would dispute it with the credit card company. He said okay. I left the broken glasses at the store and will now request a reverse from the credit card company. DO NOT GO TO 20/20 - YOU WILL BE SORRY!

I shopped by phone and internet for the best deal prior to getting an eye exam. I was told the exam was free, but the cost was added in to the cost of my glasses. It was not free at all, just charged off under different wording. A high pressure salesman came out to tell me I was buying something that wouldn't meet my needs at the approximately $375 I was quoted.

I ended up spending over $700 for glasses that never fit properly, did not have transitional lenses, and have had numerous problems. Not to mention that after a very long consultation where I explained my needs thoroughly, I have more problems with my vision than ever. The gasses spend more time off my face than on it, simply because my vision is better without the glasses than with them. I was robbed!

We visited the Merritt Island store for my son. He needed his contact lens prescription refilled. He had just started a new job, so we wanted to see if he could save some money. We had his prescription in hand. Upon walking in, the staff treated us rudely and misdirected us. When we asked about pricing on the contacts there, they said, "Oh you pick them up here." We said no we need to know pricing. Someone came over to help but again they were not we ended up walking out of the store. But no smiling faces greeted us nor did they say bye. It was more of a scowl on both entrance and departure.

I went in March 2013 to 20/20 Eyeglass Superstore in Melbourne, FL. I had been having eyesight difficulty but had waited until I was finished with cancer treatment to be sure that wasn't my problem. I clearly indicated my difficulties to Dr. **, and he said I had only a slight change in my prescription and sent me out to one of the sales associates. There, I did my best to get the lowest cost glasses I possibly could, as CANCER had been sucking up most of my finances. But lo and behold, someone managed to be even more evil.

After having my glasses a few days, I realized my vision was no better and I returned to the store, thinking that perhaps an honest mistake was made in the lenses. I was rechecked by an associate, who said she would speak to Dr. **, as the prescription seemed correct. She came back in a bit, and stated that Dr ** said I had a "pale optic nerve" and recommended that I see a specialist as it was my eye that had a problem, not the prescription.

After a few weeks, it came time for my appointment at the specialist, and the first thing she said after examining my eyes was "Didn't they tell you, you have cataracts in both eyes?" NO! So long story short, I have to have cataract surgery, which will change my eyeglass prescription entirely.

I called and spoke to a manager, and he had Dr. ** call. He admitted that on his chart, he noted cataracts (questionable to me) but never mentioned this on the first or SECOND visit! His answer was "Sorry..." He said he had nothing to do with eyeglass sales... 20/20 says they have no responsibility for eye exams... Neither one cares that I now need to have surgery and 2 pair of glasses purchased will be unusable.

I thought I would be saving money, which I did not. I got unethical treatment by a professional (haha) Doctor of Optometry and was ignored by the store. Go to a real doctor, and then have a place like Wal-Mart OR SUCH FILL YOUR PRESCRIPTION.

It was time for me to get eyeglasses. I had been putting it off for some time now. Well, I went to the 20/20 store in Orange City with my coupon for 2 glasses and a free eye exam. Before my review, I would like to compliment the sales team. They were all very nice and I believed they were working for my best interest. The exam was not free. I even had insurance that covered my exam. I told them this ahead of time and they let me know there was no problem. No Problem, you got to be kidding me. My experience was $514.00 - nothing is free. What happened? They did not check my insurance coverage like they said they had done.

When making the appointment, she said she checked and I was all set. The very nice staff showed me how I was mistaken. I was not mistaken. I was overcharged and they would not take responsibility for it. I was told because I needed bifocals, my glasses needed me to get used to them. But when I asked if they didn't get better, could I return them, first she said, “Yes you have 30 days.” But later when I threatened to return them, she said I couldn't return them because my prescription was unique to me and no one would buy them. At the least, they owe me the cost of an eye exam.

I certainly will never go back. As nice as they were, the hard-core sales is way too much for me. Before buying my glasses, they sat me down and went over all the fees and where I was saving. At one point, I thought I was getting a great deal - 40% discount. Going in there, I believed my glasses would not cost more than $200 for everything. You can imagine my shock when she said my bill was $514. I was told I could submit my bill to BC/BS to see if they would cover anything. They certainly were not ethical and they may have fooled me once - it will never happen again. I hope you will heed my review and go in with eyes wide open.

On April 1, 2013, I went into 20/20 Eyeglass Superstore at 785 North Wickham Road Melbourne, FL to get my eyes checked and buy the glasses set. I was treated very nicely and everyone wanted to help "so I can buy their products (as you will see how bad I was treated as soon as I made one complaint on completion of their work)."

On May 6, 2013, I went back in for my glasses. I put them on; as I was checking them out, I started to notice I felt uncomfortable. I told the associate who was handling the last process of my glasses; she sent me over to the technicians who handled the shaping of the lens and frames. Well, after they examined them for about 3 minutes with a weird look, they asked again what the problem was. I explained, "It's out of focus." She told me that it was the right prescription and it was my age and the fact that I need reading glasses, to give it about a month and, "you will be fine." So then, I said, "Okay, fine." I went home.

All through that month, my eyes kept going in and out of focus. I finally decided and told myself, "Let me go to one of my other eye doctors that I have seen in the past as now I am getting eye pain and headaches throughout the month of April up into the present." Well, when I spoke to Wal-Mart Vision Center, they said, "Why did your prescription change so dramatically over a year?" They showed me how much it changed so I decided to make another appointment with a totally different eye doctor that I never buy glasses from, only for an eye check up as I think something is wrong with my eyes. My eyes were checked and it was discovered my prescription was way off in all measurements.

I took my glasses back on May 16, 2013 to 20/20 where I bought them. As soon as I said that I would like to speak to a manager, everyone's happy, professional attitudes changed. I was no longer Mr. Special person that had the red carpet rolled out and rose petals tossed about on the floor, with offers of a can of soda while I wait.

I showed them the discrepancies in the prescription they gave me and my other doctor's office which does a very thorough job compared to 20/20 Eyeglass Superstore (I may add) in checking all aspects of my vision. Well, the manager came out and she checked the glasses and said, "The prescription is fine, so what's the problem?" I said, "But that's not my prescription," and I proceeded to show her my other doctor's results and said, "I would like a refund as I can't do business with a store that treats their customers as if we are bad just because we made a complaint," and I no longer trust them with my glasses. She said she would not give me a refund and that she was not responsible for the wrong prescription 20/20's on-site doctor prescribed to me.

My experience with 20/20 was about the same as trying to buy a car at a dealership. Actually the car dealership is better.

Nice "sales" girl Nicole, repeatedly said she is not paid a commission. All the while, she was hitting the adding machine, explaining all the discounts she could give me that add up to $400 that I would have to pay. This will be for contacts only. My coupon cannot be used because of many reasons that don't make sense. To make matters worse, on the way home, I heard a commercial for their ad of $99 for 2 pairs of glasses and no exam fee while I paid $89 just to see a quack eye doctor. What a nightmare!

I bought these frames that said $120 but they broke in less than 2 days, right in half from dropping from my counter. I have yet to contact them about this, but I don't expect them to do anything for me. I bought 2 for $149 which wasn't really a good deal because they sideswiped me with all these add-ons, which ended up costing me $250. I will give them a call in the morning, moreover, I'm going to head to Walmart and see if I can get a pair of cheap frames. I now know never to use a friend's coupon and just stick to Walmart. Stick to Walmart, guys, even if you got a coupon. Walmart is always willing to help you for free and not charge excessive fees.

We have been loyal consumers of 20/20 and my daughter was just 2 months out of warranty and was told we would need to purchase new frames at 50% off full price. Now, I work in the warranty business and can tell you I would never turn away a loyal consumer just 2 months out of warranty. I’m just letting 20/20 know we will never be back and will let everyone know that you do not stand behind your product!

This is our 2nd time, and both times we had a bad experience. Our latest complaint was that they gave us the wrong prescription for my 2-year old child. Thankfully, we noticed immediately that his eyes were not focusing so we took them in the next day. They checked out his glasses and said that the "prism" was wrong. Being their fault, and my child's vision could have been damaged, they did not offer us a discount or anything. We will take our business elsewhere.

On December 16, 2011, I went into the store after getting a postcard in the mail. I desperately needed an eye exam and I needed new glasses. After the exam, it was found that I needed glasses for both distance and reading. I walked around, picked out frames that were not cheap and found a pair that would fit distance glasses. I was told that I couldn't put progressive lenses in that particular frame so I ended up with two pairs of glasses to the tune of $230.00. I have no vision insurance and I am a single mom. I really didn't have the money but really needed the glasses so I picked up both pairs and I wore them all weekend. It was fine with no problems.

Then I got to work and I had to juggle two pairs of glasses on and off. This was crazy. I ended up with a nauseous headache all day. I went back to the store and I was told again that I couldn't have the progressive lenses in the frames. I picked but for an additional $30.00, they could make me lined bifocals. So having not much choice, I agreed. So I have had these glasses for 3 weeks and I absolutely hate them. I have headaches and they are uncomfortable. I hate them and of course, I have lost all that money because they have a policy of no refunds.

I just went there this morning to get an eye exam. They have few offers of 2 pair for $105 with free exam and buy one get one free.

First, they actually didn't have more than 20 very old frames, which, most of them were for kids and woman. Then they didn't have the buy one, get one free because they still want you to pay for your exam and for everything else. In their advertisement, they said it was for free, so I shopped around before deciding to go in. I was ready to buy one pair, then they told me the free was 10 minutes ago, so it now cost me $150 plus eye exam.

Even with my insurance, they still charged me for the exam because they didn't want to deal with the insurance. They did not even put transition on the glasses because I didn't take all the other special stuff they want me to pay for. It is just a big scam! I was so mad that I paid $40 for my exam, plus drove 35 miles back and forth for nothing. It really sucks, don't even think about wasting your money to go to Walmart. You can get a better deal there.

In September 2010, I bought glasses and paid almost $400 for glasses with "discounted frames" that have a one year warranty. Not long after, I needed an adjustment because they were uncomfortable. This happened again in less than a month.

The frames broke in less than 6 months from the date of purchase. I was charged $29 to activate the product warranty. I paid the fee in May (three months ago) and have never received my frames back. I go to the store every other week and speak to different associates and receive various reasons why the glass frames are not ready.

Yesterday I received a call saying that my frames are "in". When I went to the store today, they were unable to fit the lens into the repaired frames. And they don't know when the repaired frames will be back.

This whole ordeal is terribly frustrating. When I left the store, I started having chest pains and had to rush home for heart meds. I am hoping your department will address this problem immediately. Thank you for your attention to this serious matter.

I ordered for glasses and paid by credit card for that order at the close of business on Sunday evening, 3/20/11. By the next morning, we decided that after looking at our insurance policy that we had been charged entirely too much according to my insurance company and cancelled right away. We were told that we would be called back in a few minutes by the manager. We are still waiting on that call. However, we were called by a technician to tell us one of glasses were ready two hours later.

Our order had never been cancelled. So, we made a call back to our sales people, Nitza and Caty. We're still waiting on that call also. We got another call from another technician, informing us our of another set of glasses being ready. Again, we explained that we cancelled the order and again the technician said that he was not informed of the cancellation. We called to speak with Natza, we were then informed that the company has a no cancellation policy and would only give a store credit. We were never informed of the "only store credit policy". We were raped and didn't get a kiss beforehand. This company has a trained staff of rip-off artists. Never, never and never again from this company! I am still waiting for a resolution and plan to dispute with my credit card company.

Over $1000.00 in glasses was charged to my credit card that my company claims we should not have paid more that $500.00 for. Still, we do not have the glasses because they are made incorrectly and have a "credit" at this company that shouldn't have been charged to my credit card!

The lens fell out of from the frame. The line that holds the lens broke and when the lens came out, it shattered. The glasses are three months old. The manager said the frames were warranted for a year but not the lenses. The frames caused the problem, not the lenses. Very poor business and buy one get one free does not exist. Trust me. Shop around. We will now and no more buy one get nothing for free.

On Saturday, August 28th 2010, I went to the store with my son and he was forced to get an eye exam first - after the exam he choose a frame which they DID not have in stock and cannot get it at all. The store wants to charge my son for an eye exam - their policy is if you buy glasses you get the exam for free - we think it is not fair for him to pay for eye exam if they cannot get the frame - meanwhile we paid in full. Then I choose glass and got eye exam by their goofy eyed doctor. It seems that he was just wasting time and did not do good exam on me or my son.

I received my glasses on Sunday and there was no adjustment. I told the lady that I do not see clearly; it is kind of foggy - she said it is progressive you would get use to it. I came home and I noticed that there was chip in the corner and the frame is too tight and hurts my nose and gives me a headache. I called to the store right away and Cassandra, who picked up the phone, did care to help me. I also have another glasses that I bought from them a year ago which needs to be fixed and the store has it was supposed to be ready on Sunday and I do not have that glasses either.

My whole family went to them for many years and I used to live block from the store therefore my whole family got their glasses from them. My husband always told us that they are cheating you i did not believe it. They always gave you price and added different charges.

Now, I live three hours away and I wasted whole day at the store; time, gas and also I did not get what we paid for. I want a full refund for both my son and myself and want my old glasses that they want to repair which I paid $273 back.

My daughter was having a hard time with reading comprehension. So, I thought I would take her in to get her eyes tested. My daughter was tested by the ophthalmologist on staff, as well as his assistant. I was advised that she needed glasses.

There was supposed to be a special going on, but apparently the "type" of glasses that my daughter "needed" were not on that sale because I ended up walking out paying $319 for two pairs of glasses. That was on January 19, 2008.

I came to find out that my daughter never wore the glasses as they gave her a headache. She never needed them! This is a scam! I spent $319 dollars on glasses that were not needed. My daughter suffered headaches. I feel that I was robbed.

I went into 20/20 Eyeglass Superstore yesterday Friday October 16, 2009 for two eyeglasses for for my 12 year old daughter. They were advertised $149.00 for 2. I was advised at that time that you would get 2 pairs of complete eyeglasses for $149.00 and also the eye exam was included in the price for children. Also was advised that all yellow dot items were for that deal. Upon inspection of eyeglasses selection it was very hard to distinguish which were yellow or not, you had to find something that you liked and PRAYED that it was a yellow dot item. Everything was completely mixed up (I wonder why).

We finally found 2 items that WERE NOT yellow dots (Didn't see it coming, did you?). Anyway one was a blue dot with a $30.00 upgrade the other had no dot but was a $70.00 upgrade, everything came to $249.00 (I still didn't mind anything at that time though).

I realized that the $30.00 upgrade frames paint was peeling off. I asked if it could be a loaner until my pair came in, it was accepted by management. After I paid and was invoiced, then all SCAMS came to life. The invoiced showed one glasses at $210.00 for the $70.00 upgrade and $30.00 for the $30.00 upgrade, a total of $249.00. Which only means if my pair of eyeglasses is not delivered/in-stock to me I would only get a refund of $30.00 (Does that sound/seem fair? Not to me!).

This whole deal don't seem to be any type of bargain or savings at all, it's just a ploy to steal your money. All disclosures should be openly displayed, but they are not. The only one who knows company's policy is the company.

If you are buying any type of deals from this store, make sure that your items are in-stock BEFORE any payments are made. And certainly DO NOT make payment in full for ANY items that are not received at time of purchase (the day you leave the store). That is the only way you could insure you are not SCAMMED with the 2/$149.00 deal or the buy one get one free deal (RIPOFF).

The invoice that I received did not state NO REFUNDS. But when I suggested that I will cancel the purchase before I picked them up they informed me that there were no refunds (the items were not ready at that time). The glasses were in the store stock and the lenses are already prepackaged in little envelopes (they called them customized, so I could not get a refund before I picked them up (is this a joke, customized).

The glasses were paid in full and left to be fitted with the lenses. I did not want to wait for the glasses, so I left them there to be picked up the next day. They informed me that if my glasses is not received/in-stock I have a choice of a $30.00 credit or another pair compatible price (how will I possibly find one without them making me pay more, RIPOFF.

We had looked through all the glasses in-stock and there was nothing else we liked. If we do/did find something else we would have to take it just so we don't have to the $30.00 credit, RIPOFF. Because they are claiming that the other pair cost $210.00.

I believe I was getting 2 pairs for $249.00 ($149.00 divided into two is $74.50 for each pair plus the upgraded price, $74.50 plus the $70.00 upgrade equals $144.50 for one pair and the next $74.50 plus the $30.00 upgrade equals $94.50. So it would be $144.50 for one pair and $94.50 for the other pair. It's not my fault that they charged me for items that are not in-stock or possibly discontinued.

The district manager believes that the store policy is clear and everyone knows what they are EXCEPT me. The store policy for refunds are not posted and is not stated on my bill/invoice. WHY COULDN'T I CANCEL MY ORDER THAT I NEVER TOOK POSSESSION OF AT THAT TIME. I WAS FORCED TO COMPLETE A FRAUDULENT SALE. THEY SAID NO REFUNDS AND I DIDN'T HAVE NOT ONE OF THE GLASSES AT THAT TIME IN MY POSSESSION, THE STORE HAD THEM AND THEY WERE/ARE NOT FINISHED.

I picked up the pair that they had in-stock today 10/17/09, I still have to pick up the other glasses they have on order, hopefully they have them in-stock.

None of the managers were understanding or cared, but we all reap what we sow.

I went into 20/20 Eyeglass Superstore yesterday Friday October 16, 2009 for two eyeglasses for for my 12 year old daughter. They were advertised $149.00 for 2. I was advised at that time that you would get 2 pairs of complete eyeglasses for $149.00 and also the eye exam was included in the price for children. Also was advised that all yellow dot items were for that deal. Upon inspection of eyeglasses selection it was very hard to distinguish which were yellow or not, you had to find something that you liked and PRAYED that it was a yellow dot item. Everything was completely mixed up.

I realized that the $30.00 upgrade frames paint was peeling off. I asked if it could be a loaner until my pair came in, it was accepted by management. After I paid and was invoiced, then all SCAMS came to life. The invoiced showed one glasses at $210.00, for the $70.00 upgrade and $30.00 for the $30.00 upgrade, a total of $249.00. Which only means if my pair of eyeglasses is not delivered/in-stock to me I would only get a refund of $30.00 (Does that sound/seem fair? Not to me!).

The invoice that I received did not state NO REFUNDS. But when I suggested that I will cancel the purchase before I picked them up they informed me that there were no refunds (the items were not ready at that time). The glasses were in the store stock and the lenses are already prepackaged in little envelopes (they called them customized, o I could not get a refund before I picked them up (is this a joke, customized).

The glasses were paid in full and left to be fitted with the lenses. I did not want to wait for the glasses, so I left them there to be picked up the next day. They informed me that if my glasses is not received/in-stock I have a choice of a $30.00 credit or another pair compatible price (how will I possibly find one without them making me more RIPOFF.

We had looked through all the glasses in-stock and there was nothing else we liked. If we do/did find something else we would have to take it just so we don't have to the $30.00 credit RIPOFF. Because they are claiming that the other pair they had instock cost $210.00.

I believe I was getting 2 pairs for $249.00 ($149.00 divided into two is $74.50 for each pair plus the upgraded price, $74.50 plus the $70.00 upgrade equals $144.50 for one pair and the next $74.50 plus the $30.00 upgrade equals $94.50. The district manager believes that the store policy is clear and everyone knows what they EXCEPT me. The store policy for refunds are not posted and is not stated on my bill/invoice. WHY COULDN'T I CANCEL MY ORDER THAT I NEVER TOOK POSSESSION AT THAT TIME. I WAS FORCED TO COMPLETE A FRAUDULENT SALE. THEY SAID NO REFUNDS AND I DIDN'T HAVE NOT ONE OF THE GLASSES AT THAT TIME,THE STORE HAD THEM AND THEY WERE/ARE NOT FINISHED.

None of the managers were understanding,

but we all reap what we sow. Do they really think that the business will prosper with these deceptive fraud scams?

Nissan replaced a defective car radio for me. The new replacement radio was defective. I brought the car back into Nissan and told them the radio was defective. At sporadic times, the radio volume would lessen to a point where you could not hear it, and eventually devolve into nothingness: no volume at all. The extent of Nissan's testing of this was to raise the volume high, and tell me nothing was wrong with the radio. I told them they needed to do more testing of the radio, but they refused. This was all while the car was under warranty.

I brought the car in again last month, and Nissan naturally now agreed the radio was defective, because it was no longer under warranty. They now will not pay for the repairs and replacement of the radio, despite the fact I was practically pleading with them to find the problem when it was under warranty. I have taken the issue to the corporate level and have not gained any satisfaction. This is basically Nissan hiring incompetent people and not wanting to honor their warranty; and trying to make money off of the consumer any way they can.

On Sept 07 went to 20/20 eyeglass superstore for prescription eyeglasses, they charged $383usd. On Sep11 got a call stating that my glasses were ready to come pick them up, finding out the Rx was filed wrong, they were redoing the prescription.

On sep 15 they informed me that my second pair were in to come and pick them up, to find out they were done wrong AGAIN at this time I did ask for a refund which they refused, informing that they will to anything to make it right, talked to Patrick Purser, he also ask me to find out what type of lenses I got in my old glasses (they could not figure them out). On Sep 18 got back to Patrick informing him that my glasses were DEFINITY ESSILOR, at this time Mr. Purser realized that I had top of the line lenses and they do not carry these, that they will give me similar lenses at an extra cost of $60usd (with no guarantees) I inform him that I will get back with him. After talking it over with my husband we decide to ask again for a refund. That same after noon my husband stopped by and informed to Mr. Purser that the only thing we want now is a refund, Mr. Purser informed my husband that he will get back with him on this issue.

After 3 days and no phone calls, on Sept. 20 around 640pm I decided to call the Casselberry store and ask for an update, they informed me that Mr. Purser had passed the issue to the owner ED, that he (Ed) was at the Melbourne store, I decided to call the Melbourne store finding out ED was not at the store at that time, frustrated by now I informed supposedly Ed's wife that at this time definitely we want a refund, she informed us that ED will give us a call concerning the refund. That same evening around 745pm Mark called our home to informed us that we are no longer welcome in any of their stores that if we step in any of their stores we were going to be charge with trespassing and escorted out with a police officer.

Not only they refused for a refund they will not give me the glasses that I paid for.
I did file a Credit Card Charge dispute with my bank Fairwinds Credit Union on Sep18.

Can you please be so kind and inform me what you guys can do to help me resolve this issue or guide me in the right direction.?

20/20 Eyeglass Superstore Company Profile