2. Travel
  3. Ticket Websites

2.4/5 (1637 ratings)

About Vivid Seats

Vivid Seats is an online marketplace that lets people buy and sell tickets to major events, including concerts, shows, music festivals, sporting events and theater productions. It offers a 100% Buyer Guarantee and serves as the middleman between customers looking for tickets and sellers.

Pros

• Easy access to event tickets
  • Independently operated
  • 100% Buyer Guarantee

Cons

• Ticket prices can fluctuate
  • Hidden fees increase final price

Bottom Line

Vivid Seats is a trustworthy online resource that helps connect consumers with event tickets. It serves as an intermediary between sellers and buyers and offers a buyer guarantee on all tickets.

Top Vivid Seats Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I live in Nebraska, and purchased tickets for the Ozzy farewell concert in Tinley Park, Illinois.., I had my wife, 4 children, and grandson looking forward to this concert 600 mil...

Verified

I purchased two tickets for Garth Brooks in Gainesville five months before the concert… My ticket were mailed to me earlier than expected. I was told they would be delivered a few...

What is Vivid Seats?

Vivid Seats’ goal is to safely and securely connect customers with event tickets. It also assists sellers who have tickets and want to sell them safely.

Vivid Seats lets you search for tickets by date, venue, city, price, quantity and seat location. The 100% Buyer Guarantee promises the ticket purchase is secure, the tickets will arrive before the event date and the tickets are valid. The company offers promotional deals and discounts via email, and, according to the website, Vivid Seats ships tickets directly to you in any of the following forms:

• Mobile e-tickets
  • Email delivery/instant download
  • Standard shipping
  • Electronic transfer
  • AXS Mobile ID
  • Special delivery (including local pickup, will call or paperless)

Vivid Seats gives sellers a safe online marketplace to find interested buyers. Tickets must meet standards set by Vivid Seats — they must be for a U.S. event, and you can’t sell tickets before you own them. The seller is not responsible for paying shipping fees.

Vivid Seats fees

It is free to list your tickets on Vivid Seats, but there is a 10% commission taken out of the final sale price. Along with the listed ticket price, the company adds shipping costs and a service fee to each order. The buyer is responsible for these costs. The goal of Vivid Seats is to offer the best out-the-door-prices for a wide variety of tickets.

Vivid Seats FAQ

Can you get scammed on Vivid Seats?
The 100% Buyer Guarantee means Vivid Seats upholds industry standards for safe and secure transactions. It never shares your credit card information, and you can read more about its privacy and security guidelines on the company’s website. The guarantee protects buyers from getting invalid tickets and ensures they receive their tickets on time. It is a safe and secure process.
Is Vivid Seats reliable?
Yes. Vivid Seats is a trusted and reliable online marketplace for buying and selling event tickets.
Is Vivid Seats owned by Ticketmaster?
No. Vivid Seats is an independently owned and operated online marketplace.
Are Vivid Seats tickets guaranteed?
Yes. The 100% Buyer Guarantee ensures that you get the right tickets and that they arrive on time.
How do you sell tickets on Vivid Seats?
To sell tickets, they must meet Vivid Seats’ requirements. Sellers can choose the price for their tickets and modify them at any time. You get an email when the tickets are sold, and then you either upload them or ship them. You are paid through PayPal after the event occurs.

Is Vivid Seats legit?

Yes. Vivid Seats is a trusted and reliable way to buy and sell tickets. It is a legitimate company that facilities hundreds of millions of dollars worth of ticket sales each year. We recommend the company for anyone looking for deals on concert tickets or shows in the United States.

Vivid Seats Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivid Seats?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

If I could give the a -5 stars I would. Their concert tickets MIGHT be "cheap" BUT don't be an absolute idiot (like me) and buy from them. I can guarantee it is not worth it to have to call them (because there WILL BE a problem with your tickets) and be waiting FOR OVER 48 MIN for someone to answear and then WAITING ANOTHER 30 MIN to be transfer to someone else, who will LIE TO YOU. Finally you will call one last time and they are gonna tell you "there is nothing we can do." I wasn't able to go to my Harry Styles concert. I spend over 1 thousand dollars on tickets. Don't do it.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

All communication is with a computerized response. Nobody answers the phone or replies to an email. If you are having trouble receiving your tickets from who knows where, there is not any one available to speak to you. They do not answer the phone. Horrible company.

Get buying tips about Ticket Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I had ordered tickets from a DIFFERENT place and they did not deliver tickets. I was at the venue and able to purchase and get tickets electronically sent to me within 1 minutes. I was able to attend an event when another ticket distributor failed me. Very grateful!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Concert just started and I didn't get my tickets. I've spent a week trying to get my tickets only to be told - over and over and over again - "please monitor your email for your tickets". Getting a refund is going to be a challenge because they are now claiming that they only provide refunds for cancellations. This despite the fact that their 100% Buyers Guarantee, which they proudly display when shopping and purchasing, states that "You Will Receive Your Tickets Before the Event". I pointed out that even their Terms & Conditions state that on time delivery is guaranteed. They are rude and bend over backwards to avoid making any commitments. You will lose your money, your time and your sanity.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Purchased tickets for my son's birthday for the Dude Perfect tour. I was told I would receive an email no later than the day before to accept my tickets. Clicked on said email and it said my tickets had already been accepted from ANOTHER email. Inquired three different times, was told they would contact the seller, and of course they never "could get ahold of them". There is NO accountability for what happens to your $$$ or for the sellers to deliver what you purchased. DO NOT buy from this site!!!! Unacceptable!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

After purchasing tickets it took three confusing emails and one lengthy phone call just to ensure my tickets were secured. My event was canceled, six phone calls and a dozen emails have not yet resulted in a refund, and the last few times I called my call was disconnected after being on hold for nearly an hour. Never been so frustrated dealing with a ticket agency, will never use them again and highly recommend staying away!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I went online to purchase tickets to a concert at a theater near me. The show was presented as if by the local theatre so I preceded to select seats. When it came time to pay I realized it was through Vivid Seats. I should have researched then but it appeared so legitimate. I selected two seats for $97 dollars each. When my tickets arrived they were for two $65 seats. There were no offers to refund the difference and although they claim to have wonderful customer service no one has responded. Hope this saves some else from aggravation and loss of money. Also the theatre will not know until the night of the performance if I will even get the cheaper seats.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Never use this company to purchase tickets!! I purchased tickets in February of 2020 for the Rolling Stones in Tampa. Due to Covid the July 5th concert was cancelled. I called Vivid Seats for months to get a refund. They would not give me my money back because the concert was going to be rescheduled. The concert was rescheduled for October 29th 2021, I have tried for weeks to get Vivid Seats to send me the tickets. They will not answer calls, emails or live chat - so I will be out almost $600 for 2 tickets that were overpriced and never delivered. Please use another ticket vendor. Vivid Seats is a scam.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I have tried reaching Vivid seats CS for over a week now. They have the worst outlets, worst help. This is absolutely horrible. If I could 0 stars I would. I do not recommend this place. If you ever need any help they won't answer calls, emails, etc.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I was able to score tickets in a Suite to the Cowboys/Giants game on Oct 10, 2021....but it did not come with a parking pass. No biggie.... I will just buy the pass myself, right? So I bought a pass on Vivid Seats....got the email that I would receive my ticket via email soon. But that email never came. I logged into my Vivid account, and it says in my status that I had received the pass. But, still no email with that pass. So, I try to call....estimated wait time? 83 minutes! But it offers to send me a link to a "live chat". This chat is not live.... I was having a conversation with a computer that took me through the same loop of responses over and over. So, I sent an email....after all, I still had 2 days before my event. No response. Tried contacting them the next day via phone....estimated wait time? 76 minutes! So, I sent another email....no response.

This went on for 2 days, until I was just hours from the game. So, I had to buy a pass through a different company, and received it within about 30 seconds. So, the day AFTER the event, I tried calling again....estimated wait time? 75 minutes! So I sent another email....if you guessed no response....ding ding ding, you're a winner! I tried the live chat again. After having a "live chat" with the computer again....suddenly, to my surprise....a LIVE person came on. Her name is Nicole. She basically told me that I did receive the email with said pass. I said, "No I hadn't." She then said, "sorry...no refund".

Oh, and I failed to mention that I also bought the insurance through the Alliance Global Assistance. I then asked her..."why do I buy insurance, if it is not covered?" She said, "that's not our company, we don't control that". So, that was it... I was out $170 for a parking pass, right? Well, I read another comment in this section that he called his bank, and disputed the charge....and got his money back. I figured....worth a shot. And lo and behold, my back (with great customer service) got my money back. So....do not EVER buy anything from Vivid Seats, unless you have extra money and time that you are looking to waste!

Vivid Seats Company Information