1.14/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 10, 2017

92 TiVo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Loved the idea of the TiVo Box but once we decided it wasn't going to work out for us, we were stuck with making payments for a year. Called to explain why it wouldn't work and they didn't seem to care. I get it's only $15 a month but what a stupid thing to hold on to as a company. Maybe I'd be back, maybe I could find a way to make it work but now I will never use or recommend anyone to use this service. It's too bad.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Multiple phone calls and no resolution. Very poorly trained staff, who make you walk through a series of troubleshooting steps each time, even though you just did them. The result is that you can never get anything actually resolved in less than an hour. Also, they ask you questions, then don't listen to the answer – and ask the same question seconds later.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I purchased my TiVo over 2 years ago and really appreciated it. They appeared to have spent a lot of time on human interface issues, especially searching for shows. I even went and purchased a lifetime subscription. About a month ago, they made some firmware changes and I noticed two new things that really bothered me; - Before the highlight color was yellow and now it's white; the white is much more glaring, harder to read, and annoying. - Before, when I turned on my TV set using the TiVo remote control, I would have to wait for about 10 secs to get video.

At the same time I would get audio AND control of volume and mute. This was particularly important to me because our bedroom is next to my room and if the volume would come on while my wife was sleep it would disturb her. Since I got control immediately, I could hit the mute button and at worst I would get a short chirp if there was audio going on. Now it takes another 10 secs after video, with the audio at the old volume setting, before I would get control which would be enough to wake her up.

I contacted TiVo for the first time about a month ago, explained the issue and impressed on them that these changes ONLY occurred after their firmware changes. I still had to call them at least 6 times as well as send them emails and they kept putting me off. They had me reboot the TiVo 4 times, they sent me a new remote control, they interrogated my box several times and had me go through resynching my remote control at least 3 times, etc. The first tech that I talked to stated that it could be the hard drive since, from his experience, if the hard drive started to fail it could impact the TiVo - TV communications. I changed the hard drive and it didn't make any difference.

To see if something in my TV set was causing this. I connected my VCR to the TV, powered it on, and I got video, audio, and control of volume and mute all in 10 secs. Identically how my TiVo used to work. Today, after many calls and delays, they finally agreed to replacing the box but it would be treated as a regular hardware replace. They would be generous and only charge me $79 instead of $149. And I had to send in my box and get a return in 1 to 2 weeks. If I wanted to go a cross-shipment I would have to give them a deposit of $499. So, for a problem that they caused I would have to pay $79 and be without a TV in my room for up to 2 weeks.

I am very disappointed and frustrated with them. If I could be assured that they would really replace my box with a new one, transfer my lifetime subscription, and have everything work like it did a month ago I'd pay the money but I don't have confidence that this would really happen. I no longer have confidence in TiVo since they don't stand behind their product.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I went out and bought a TiVo Bolt and Mini thinking that would be the answer to my frustration with high cable TV prices. I got the hardware installed and signed up for everything online, give them a credit card number for month by month subscription until I decided whether the service was right for me or not. After a few months I realized that it really didn't give me what I needed. I still had to subscribe to Netflix Hulu Amazon in order to give all of the programming that I wanted and TiVo just didn't seem worthwhile.

I went online to try to cancel my subscription but after being able to do everything else online discovered that the one thing they won't let you do online have to call and talk to somebody. I tried calling but got frustrated waiting in the queue so gave up. About that time the credit card I was using expired so I decided to simply let the subscription end for non-payment. Now they are billing me for $89 for that nonpayment. When I didn’t pay it they turned it over to a collection agency that I am now dealing with. Not to mention a couple hundred dollars of useless equipment. Wish I read the reviews here before getting involved with this awful company!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have been a long time customer of TiVo. Just recently I started having issues with my TiVo Roamio and its HDMI port. I called tech support and they had me go through all the basic steps, which I understand. My TiVo Roamio was deemed 'defective' and support sent me out a replacement. The replacement box that I received was defective and would hardly boot up before rebooting itself. I called support, they had me go through all the same troubleshooting techniques again. They deemed that the replacement box was defective, so they sent me out another box. I received the 2nd replacement box and yes, that too was defective. It wasn't an issue with booting up this time, it booted up but the screen was pixelated to the point where it could hardly be read. I started doubting myself here and tested many different scenarios - different HDMI cables, different TVs, etc - nothing.

I called support, they had me go through all the same troubleshooting techniques again (now it's starting to get a little old) - and they deemed this box defective as well. They sent me out another box. Keep track here, this is the 3rd replacement box. This box worked! Was on a brand new (Completely different brand) TV, UPS, top of the line HDMI cable, anything I could think of that would cause an issue like this. After about 45 days - the HDMI stopped working. I called support, I explained the issue, they had me go through all the troubleshooting techniques and they deemed the box was defective. They were just getting ready to setup a replacement and (this would have been the 4th replacement - my 5th TiVo Roamio) and after a brief hold they told me they did not have any record of my support agreement. They must have some record of what has occurred that shows I had a support agreement, right?!

The technical representative was very quick to get me off the line and transfer me to a customer support representative who could look into why I no longer had any record of my support agreement, which don't come cheap if you have ever purchased one. When I finally got to the representative on the phone she saw record of my support agreement and couldn't understand why it was no longer on my account. I was placed on hold, and she came back and said I was no longer eligible to receive replacement boxes. She couldn't explain why - I was asking if I had reached a 'limit of liability' of some sort, but one would think that since I was given essentially 3 faulty replacement boxes that even if there was a liability limit that I would not be subject to that clause. After going back and forth, she said that if I wished, I could extend my warranty for another two years - but I was limited to only ONE replacement box.

This is outrageous. Why would I pay even more money for the chance that yet another replacement box would work? I find it completely unacceptable and disappointing that TiVo would not only offer such poor support, send out non-functional replacement boxes under their warranty program, but not even stand behind the fact that I have a contract with them to ensure my box is working. I would drop the company all together if I hadn't paid for the lifetime subscription on the TiVo Roamio, and purchased 4 TiVo Minis to work with it. I have a lot invested in this system that is still covered under warranty, but TiVO will not support. Absolutely unacceptable. Buyers beware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TiVo?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I upgraded a lifetime service agreement on one of my 2 Premier TiVOs to a new Bolt 10 days ago. The sales rep for TiVO, who was NOT located in the USA, transferred the wrong TiVO Premier lifetime service from a machine I still intend to use. Trying to explain this situation to the various foreign representatives has taken at least 20 phone calls to TiVO and, to date, developed 5 different Case Numbers in the past 10 days. I have requested a representative based in the USA to speak to about this issue. The only thing TiVO has done is to close the Cases without ever talking to me, by voice, or email, or pony express for that matter. This company's customer service is a cruel joke.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

We have now owned three TiVos. The most recent being the BOLT. It has just failed and is less than two years old. TiVo insists the only way to transfer our purchase of a lifetime subscription is if they ship to us a new one and we return the nonfunctional TiVo. This whole transaction will take 5 to 6 days. We are requesting that we go and buy a new one now and then ship back to defective one, but TiVo will NOT accommodate us. We would have to buy another lifetime guarantee. This is not customer service! We have spent hours on the phone with TiVo going round and round about this with zero customer service, little to no understanding of what we are saying. They LOVE to put you on hold forever hoping you will hang up or go away. If you are in the market for inferior equipment, horrific customer service and wasting hours of your time, this is your product!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I purchased a TiVo Bolt. I'm on the road all of the time, so I do not need cable or satellite service. The Bolt works great. The problem is the TiVo Mini's. This is the second one they sent me to fix the problem. It is worse than the first one... The problem is... For those of you who work with computer hardware and software like me. If the wifi card is active and the Ethernet port is also active, they will not be compatible. There is no way to deactivate either one... With so many complaints with this product, you will think they can fix it!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

My TIVO Bolt worked for 4 months, but has had issues for over 2 months. Calling support results in the same response. "Unplug the unit, Unplug the modem, do this multiple times" while I am put on hold for 5-10 minutes at a time. Then wait 5-10 days and try it again. When asking to speak to a supervisor usually results in a dropped call. The couple of times I got someone, I was again put on hold for 5-10 minutes. I finally got them to send a new unit, which had a different problem.

After going through multiple calls, they finally agreed to take the new unit back and send another unit. Surprise, the new unit had the same issue as the first replacement. Now I am told it is a known issue and to wait another 15-20 days for a fix. I have had 14 different service log numbers and spent over 4 hours on the phone with TIVO. I purchased a one year contract upfront, which I now know was a mistake. I plan to cancel as soon as possible and never deal with TIVO again. I rated them a 1 only because there was no 0 option. I hope this save someone the aggravation of dealing with this company.

Original review: July 24, 2017

TIVO Discontinued My Lifetime Service. What is the point of paying for Lifetime service if TiVo is just going to cancel it whenever they feel like it? I'm sure there is something in their legal mumbo-jumbo that allows them to do it but they shouldn't be able to call it "lifetime" service if it isn't. They should call it "lifetime service until we cancel it", at least that would be truth in advertising. Very sad because I have used Tivo for over 10 years and I hate the idea of using another service.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Like many others on this thread, I had excellent service and luck with TiVo. I have two Series 2 boxes which have run for 10+ years with little incidents. If/when there were incidents, I'd call the TiVo Tech Support line and they'd invariably help me fix the problem quickly and professionally. In February, I got an email saying the Series 2 boxes would not be supported much longer. They had a great offer to transfer my lifetime service onto a new Bolt. I bought a Bolt and a TiVo Mini to connect to the machine. I then got emails saying the supply was not meeting demand and the delivery was on hold awaiting their manufacturer. I got the new Bolt a few weeks later and got it all running with the TiVo Mini. I really liked streaming off the box onto my phone feature because I travel for business.

All was working well until a few weeks ago. I spent 10+ hours on phone with TiVo Support and Verizon as TiVo often blames the provider. Then TiVo sent me a replacement box. I got it, plugged it in, called TiVo to activate. It didn't work. Called Verizon. Spent 3+ hours on phone trying to get it to work. Called TiVo back. Spent another 3+ hours. Finally, I plugged my Series3 boxes back in and they work fine. So, after 20+ hours of working on this, I called TiVo and they're refunding my money. It appears these Bolts are just not working.

Original review: July 9, 2017

Customer for 9 years. Premiere box in 2008, then Roamio Plus in 2014. Premiere died two years ago (hard drive kaput). Roamio is still alive. The interface for the DVR function is fabulous and the recording function seldom fails. But over the years as streaming and wireless connectivity has taken on a bigger role, Tivo has lagged far behind. During that same timeframe I have owned Apple TV (two boxes) and Amazon box. Never ever an issue with them streaming. Tivo not so much. Once a month Tivo box fails to connect with Tivo's homeland to download the TV listings (without which, Tivo can't record). When that happens, you need to check under the hood and tinker because Tivo support only ever has one solution: reboot your router (then reboot your cable modem then reboot Tivo then start rebooting everything again).

I don't even know the support phone numbers for Apple and Amazon because I have never had to call them. Tivo offers a link to Netflix and Youtube just like Apple. Choosing the Tivo link instead of Apple is madness - freezes up midway through any show. Same top of the line router, same distance from it. And the Tivo smartphone app? HaHaHa...

Original review: July 7, 2017

Purchased three (3) TiVo units that are now 3, 4 and 5 years old respectively - all with lifetime service. Approximately six months ago, the channel guide would not download correctly to all three devices requiring a call into customer support. TiVo acknowledges the problem promising a fix but it has only gotten worse. The temporary fix is to reboot the DVR. After contacting TiVo again for the third time with yet another ticket number, I elected to reach out again by phone.

I first spoke with Muriel who then passed me on to her supervisor, Patrick. In the course of our discussion, Patrick suggested, given the age of my 5 year old unit, that problems are to be expected. I argued, "What therefore, is the value of a Lifetime Service Plan if it is only expected to last 5 years?" Flustered, he proceeded to ramble on with a stream of nonsensical gibberish only to hang up on me.

Patrick's 5 year admission only serves to confirm that TiVo's long term, life time plans are meaningless. Their business model is based on two elements, 1) monthly service fees and 2) selling new hardware. Bear in mind, there's nothing wrong with my hardware - it's a software issue. As a software developer, there's no easier way for a technology company to render a product worthless than by breaking the software with which its hardware is dependent. TiVo does not want their solutions lasting beyond 5 years - consequently, there's no value in purchasing a TiVo.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I have had a Tivo DVR since the company's launch. I recently acquired a BOLT after nearly 2 months of fooling around with fixing the #3 generation TIVO. I can't begin to describe the hassle I've encountered -- everything from payment to order to technical support. I suspect that TIVO's recent acquisition by a larger company may have something to do with the problems I've encountered. Now after about 3 weeks of use, the BOLT box I installed isn't working and TIVO is mailing me another. I am ready to pull the plug and use the less user friendly but at least less expensive cable DVR. Don't make an investment in this technology unless you're willing to put up with consistent problems across the board. It's too bad as this used to be a very well run company.

Original review: June 28, 2017

Like other reviewers, I upgraded my TiVo box, then found out a year later I was being billed for two TiVos... I guess this is standard rip off for them. Now I'm trying to cancel my account, they won't let me! Ridiculous! I will have to cancel the card they are billing. I don't know how to prove I'm trying to cancel this. It's outright robbery. Beware.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I canceled my service two months ago with TiVo after 12 years as a loyal customer. Imagine my surprise when I was billed a couple of days ago for the canceled service. I called today to inquire and was told that the first rep had offered me two months of free service as compensation and since I didn't call back to cancel before that time was up, my service was continued and I was billed. Let me be clear, the first rep said he was extending free service so that I could "sell the box" and due to my loyalty. He never once mentioned my having to call back into re-cancel. And now they refuse to refund me for this month. This is very, very poor customer service and TiVo has lost a very loyal customer forever.

Original review: June 23, 2017

When you call the phone number for Tivo, you no longer get a person in the United States. They no longer have any representation here. If you think as an American I am giving my information to total strangers in the Philippines, think again! Tivo has completely gone downhill. Worst company ever. No wonder everyone has billing issues. And they will lie and tell you that no one can talk right now in the States... Do you get this. There is no more USA jobs for Tivo or Tivo support!!! Know how I know, the supervisor in the Philippines told me so!!! Don't buy a Tivo. They are no longer a good company. It is terribly sad. It's all about them getting your $$$.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I ordered top of the line Tivo, Tivo Mini and service. Received product and when I connected, I was told it would not work with my equipment or service. I immediately returned $1000.00 worth of equipment and was told I would be refunded within 10 days of them receiving it. It has been 20 days and still no refund. When I try to contact customer service, I am disconnected. I have tried email and they acknowledge receiving the email but offer no resolution. This is INSANE.

Original review: June 19, 2017

TiVo makes it nearly impossible to cancel. They want to bill you forever, even after you've stopped using their service. They let you sign up online, but you can't cancel online. I call them and they pretend they can't find my account, even though I give them my name and phone number - the info they request and the info my account was registered with. They play games and will probably turn account over to collection agency once it totals a few hundred bucks. The last time I called them to cancel - June 19, 2017 at 14:44, a gal who called herself "Ann" claimed she couldn't find my account; refused to give a last name, employee number or any way to really identify her and refused my three requests to speak to a supervisor. BEWARE - CROOKS!

Original review: May 26, 2017

Three months ago I "thought" I was going to "enjoy" Tivo when I discovered the same day of Tivo activation that I had a serious mold issue! Part of the foundation as well as walls and flooring in approximately one third of my home has gone through the long and intricate remediation process of demolition and building! I discovered that my credit card was paying for the monthly Tivo that I had NEVER EVER even had a chance to turn on and watch even a single TV show of any kind!

I called Tivo and asked to have my account suspended as I had this terrible problem! THEY ARE SO GREEDY! No they would not suspend it! They had to cancel for a penalty of 75.00 or I could continue to pay for nothing as well! Very bad customer relation! I think with the loss I have now into this and the BULLY behavior I experienced with this VERY arrogant company that I will just throw this idea away and put it all behind me! I hope anyone who wishes to experience the Tivo service that they research it thoroughly! Very expensive mistake I made in this one sided uncaring company!

Original review: May 15, 2017

When I purchased a new Bolt a year ago, I cancelled service on the old Premiere. I just found out that I have been being charged 14.99 a month for 12 months for that Premiere. Customer support said I never requested cancellation of the Premiere and that I had been carrying two services for the years. They also said they would not refund the money because it had been my responsibility to stop the service.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I want to warn prospective customers that units are expensive, mostly defective and built not to last (tried both Roamio and Bolt). Charged $300 for a TiVo Bolt. Subscription is $14.99/month. Warranty is only for 90 days, after which they try to sell you a "refurbished" unit for an additional cost of $149! Then try to rip customers off further with selling "service agreements". The front green light on my almost 13-month-old Bolt suddenly stopped lighting up. The unit would not respond in any way to the remote. The light on the back was on and I could hear the fan running. I checked online - seems to be a common problem - and went through all the recommended steps, including unplugging the unit, trying to set up again, etc. but nothing worked.

When I called tech support, I was first told that they only offer a 90-day warranty but would send me a "refurbished" unit for a cost of $149. Told them I would not be forced or coerced into paying them AGAIN for a practically new $300 unit. They agreed to send me a 'refreshed?' unit (with no cords or remote) at no charge. I spent hours transferring my saved programs onto the new unit, with phone help from TiVo. Within a week, the so-called refurbished/refreshed unit started to cut out sound, freeze screen picture and kept losing connectivity with my WiFi (the latter of which was working perfectly with my laptops and printer combo). I then wasted hours on the phone with a variety of tech support and customer service staff. For my "frustration and inconvenience," I was promised a brand new Bolt with attachments. A week later, another "refreshed" unit with no attachments was received.

Since then I have called several times, always maintaining politeness to reps in both tech support and customer service. I was assured that my case would be escalated to a supervisor and promised a call within 3 days - which never came. I called again May 8th, was disconnected several times, even when "escalated" to a supervisor twice (with no call back, despite them verifying my phone number on my account). Bottom line, they sell you an expensive product, charge you a monthly subscription fee, and don't give a damn about selling a lasting product or customer service.

I am not writing this to be vindictive, but to warn others not to get sucked into this giant scam. Yes, it's a good service - WHEN IT WORKS! Do NOT trust a "refreshed" unit - both a replacement Roamio and Bolt were defective from the start. They also make every effort to get customers to pay another 50% of the cost of a new unit that was only purchased 13 months prior.

Original review: April 12, 2017

HDMI Input stopped working a couple months after purchase. I called TIVO who not only refused a refund, they charged me $75 to cancel my service early! Terrible company! They know this is an issue (Google it!) and they are scamming people that bought one. Don't EVER do business with TIVO!!

Original review: April 9, 2017

We have always liked TIVO for 10 plus years until we bought the Bolt and this is a disaster. We are disgusted with TIVO. After a month of not programming properly and TIVO not answering any questions about their problems they finally sent out an email saying the problem was fixed. After doing all they asked we find out they messed up yet again. I would like to know if they are ever going to get this problem with recording one passes. We are so very disappointed in them.

Original review: March 12, 2017

Today, my TiVo Mini just refuse to work. It was working fine yesterday, but today, nope. I tried to do some troubleshooting myself, but it would not work. I called tech support and, after about 30 minutes of unplugging everything, etc., etc., the tech guy said I had to replace the Mini. I believe it is barely more than one year old. So, I have to pay $79 to get another one, but they will not send it out until I Fedex them the broken one. So, this process will take about a week during which time, obviously, no TV service in the main room of the house.

With what they charge for their equipment and service fees, I expect a better quality product. Or, if something happens, I expect them to make it work ASAP and not wait until I find a box to mail them a faulty piece of equipment. I could use the box the replacement is coming in - IF I COULD GET IT. And, as a further insult, TiVo has already charged my credit card for the full amount of the replacement - which is not being sent to me. I will never recommend TiVo to anyone and am considering getting another service, myself.

Original review: March 10, 2017

I have had a TIVO Roamio for a couple of years and have really enjoyed it. I decided to purchase a TIVO Bolt. I started the activation process and found out that I would be committed to paying the monthly price regardless of whether or not I used it. It is absolutely ridiculous that you must purchase their hardware (which would be useless without a subscription), and then be held to pay on a monthly basis regardless of use. I wonder if Donald Trump owns a share of this company. It's something he would do to take advantage of people with limited income. I told the "advanced" customer service representative that I did not agree with the terms and he hung up on me.

I am returning the TIVO Bolt to Best Buy (letting them know why they need to take the device back) and I am going to find out if I will be committed to a year subscription for the Roamio I currently have when the current year expires. If so, I'm done with that. If more customers refused to be held hostage, TIVO would get a clue and treat us with some respect.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

Terrible customer service and product support. After 2 different TiVos and 4 different cable cards I am still receiving a V52 error. Tivo customer service was rude and condescending. Although this is a known problem with TiVos they act like I'm the only one that has ever had this problem, which is completely untrue. They should not sell a product that they cannot honestly support. Really too bad, this used to be a great company. Unfortunately, not anymore.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Happy customer for over 10 years. I was really surprised to see all the negative reviews. Tivo has state side support and always seem friendly and helpful to me. They stand behind their product better than most companies. But it does come at a price, you buy the equipment and pay a subscription.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I have no idea how far to go with the horrid support. I have been a Tivo owner since 2004 and simplicity has been the reason... That is gone. I literally lost 2-3 weeks of my life due to a defective unit. Not only did it not work until it was replaced over two weeks later (I requested it be replaced right away) but they insisted to be patient and keep downloading updates even though as long as it was hooked up I couldn't use my tv at all... Two weeks of no tv and missed shows and spending most of my time forcing updates or calling and playing games is absurd. My time is valuable and obviously tivo doesn't seem to care. I even got one support agent talking down to me and literally gaslighting me. No one should get that from tech support.

The only reason I even got a replacement was because after the abuse I Insisted on talking to a manager as my desire to return it was ignored. He sent one out asap. I asked about a previous unit that was supposed to come to me a week earlier and it was never sent even though support kept claiming it was on its way. They also kept insisting a new unit wouldn't fix the problem even though a new unit worked perfectly out of the box. I lost weeks worth of functionality, time and stress I didn't need.

It's not too much to ask a company to respect your time is valuable. My time lost could have bought 10 bolts... this refurbished one... which I only bought due to the discounted price wasn't worth it. It's working fine now but I feel compromised keeping it. I just don't want to fight with them anymore. When it expires I highly doubt I will ever use tivo again. If you get the runaround DON'T play their game. Insist on returning it or getting a new one ASAP and insist if it doesn't arrive in time to take it back. Although I doubt they will. You'd think they respect your desire to return things but I can't force them to live up to their legal responsibility without a lawyer.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

TiVo has a lousy customer complaints department in my opinion. Plus poor Bolt cover color control. TiVo boxes colored bright white detracts from viewing the TV in a dark room. I have never experienced such a lack of listening to a customer as I have experienced at TiVo. TiVo customer complaints gives case numbers but do not record them, and when you call back because they have not responded to your complaint they indicate you are beyond their 30 days return policy. If you ask for their management emails they are not 'allowed to give them out'. Yet LinkedIn has most of them publicly available! If you tell them that you are going to document this situation on the internet, they indicate you are threatening them! Companies that treat their customers this way lose customers.

TiVo expert review by Jonathan Trout

TiVo first appeared in 1999 with the DVR. Today it offers the TiVo BOLT, a streaming device that turns your TV into a smart TV by integrating your favorite streaming apps like Hulu, Netflix, Sling TV and more. The BOLT comes in a 500GB, 1TB and 3TB storage capacities. That comes out to be about 75, 150 and 450 hours of show and movie storage capability. Pricing starts at $199.99 for the 500GB BOLT, $299.99 for the 1TB and $499.99 for the 3TB.

• Monthly plans: You have three options when it comes to TiVo’s service plans. You can pay a monthly service fee of $14.99, an annual service fee of $149.99 or an all-in service plan for a one-time payment of $549.99. The monthly plan comes with a one-year commitment and a $75 early termination fee.

• Cable and streaming integration: By using the TiVo BOLT box instead of your cable provider's box, you can integrate your cable TV subscription with your streaming services subscriptions and puts them all in one place. This lets you avoid monthly rental and DVR fees from your cable company.

• Avoid commercials: SkipMode on the BOLT makes sure you never have to watch commercials again. Not only that, but you’ll never have to fast forward commercials again. One button lets you skip a whole commercial break and resume your show exactly where it picks up again.

• 4K ultra high definition compatible: 4K UHD TVs are slowly creeping into the market as the next big thing. TiVo BOLT is 4K compatible so you can get all the clarity, color and detail your new TV offers.

• Recording features: TiVo BOLT lets your record four shows at once for up to 150 hours of HD programming (for the standard model). Watch your recorded shows on your TV or your mobile device.

• Multiple devices: You can stream content from the TiVo BOLT on up to ten TVs as long as you have a TiVo Mini for each TV ($150 each).

• Best for: people who want to integrate their cable subscription and streaming service subscriptions in one place.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout