3.8/5 (231 ratings)

About TiVo

TiVo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TiVo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TiVo?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

TiVo totally blew its latest software upgrade. I lost all my settings on all three Tivo's I had. There was no notice that basic settings would be impacted, just some service interruptions. I have worked for hours and have only brought one TiVo back to the same level it was before. My shows won't record since all the info is gone. Restarting and connecting to the TiVo service even with multiple times on this time consuming process did not work. This is totally unacceptable! TiVo just not care about its customers even though we pay a premium price. Impossible to get thru to an actual person to help you. So sorry I signed lifetime contracts with this company!

Original review: May 17, 2016

As more people "cut the cord" with traditional cable providers, this is the only "Over The Air" (OTA) tuner worth a darn. Not to say there is much competition, but what is out there is seriously flawed. Specifically the ability to connect seamlessly with modern 4k TVs out of the box and most importantly have the ability to display the picture in the correct aspect ratio. The TiVo Bolt does this flawlessly. The only cons I've encountered are poorly trained technical advisors at TiVo. Drawing on a completely outdated business model, the crew struggles embarrassingly when it comes to answering questions about "Over The Air" TiVo set up. At times the techs redefine the expression "on the job training".

Lastly, the program guide, which you will be paying dearly for after your one-year freebie evaporates, in some respects, is not as good as the guide that is displayed with the TV's stock OTA tuner! Specifically the ability to display "Justice", "Comet", "Grit", "Decades" and so on. What you will have is the generic station identification displayed with no way to edit. I'm hoping that as soon as TiVo figures out who is buying their product and why, someone will get off the pipe and on the ball!

Original review: May 15, 2016

The system actually deletes shows chosen by the viewer with an UNWORKABLE VERTICAL/HORIZONTAL SYSTEM that at best confuses anyone trying to operate it & quite often cancels programs which the client states NOT TO DELETE UNTIL I CHOOSE. The box is ALWAYS being blamed yet when changed it continues as usual. According one of the top engineers at VIRGIN MEDIA maintains that it is unworkable & that every customer he meets makes the complaint about it as I have myself asserted. Until THE TiVo management & their so-called engineers HARKEN unto the practical experiences of those that have to handle it there will be NO improvement & the monthly rises in tariff will NEVER be justified.

Original review: April 25, 2016

Last year moved into a new area with Comcast and was told that my TiVo would be compatible. After trying multiple cable cards and working with various technicians on both ends, we decided it wasn't going to work. I decided to use a Comcast DVR but found it lacking in comparison and really wanted to go back to TiVo.

TiVo support told me that the newer units - like the BOLT would be easier setup and more likely to work. I ordered the BOLT but basically had the same problem. I finally cancelled my TiVo service and sent back the BOLT with a letter stating I wanted a refund. Instead they shipped me out a new unit, then told me I couldn't get a refund until I sent that one back. Finally got the new one and sent it back and now have to wait up to two weeks to get refund.

Very unhappy with customer support because I feel they misrepresented the TiVo's ability to be compatible with Comcast and they didn't cancel my service when they said they were going to and that they are taking so long to credit my account after the return. I've been told by numerous technicians that cable card technology is very old and not reliable so not sure why TiVo doesn't find another way. I did just get the new Comcast X1 DVR and love it. It's very like TIVO except can't watch Netflix and Amazon on it. TiVo needs to upgrade their technology and their customer service.

Original review: April 18, 2016

I was using an antenna with a TiVo DVR but decided to go with cable TV and their DVR. So I called and cancelled the TiVo service. The representative said he would hold the service open two months in case I sold the TiVo unit and that person wanted to take advantage of a one-time fee. It was my understanding they would cancel the service after that. Luckily my credit card was changed shortly afterward. I then got a bill from TiVo for $14.99.

I called and told them I had cancelled but they told me the service had just been put on hold. I protested and soon got a run from a Collection agency. I sent them a check with an angry letter demanding my money back. Their representative was just downright rude. They stole 14.99 from me but made an enemy for life. I can't believe they have become this kind of company. They won't last much longer.

Original review: April 13, 2016

Box came, didn't want & couldn't install. No help. Canceled 12/15. Told bill ended 2/16, but continues. 4/16, Lania: "A year contract!" What? "In small print. To cancel, $75." On hold, no return. Later Diego, same. Unethical & fraudulent.

Original review: March 15, 2016

Our first time ever being sent to a collection agency, and it was due to our credit card on account expiring. Had they sent us a bill in the mail for the $12.95 it would have been paid, or even a phone call to inform us of the expiring credit card would have worked. We simply did not know that we owed the money. They said that they sent us emails informing us of the expiring credit card, but I'm afraid my 73 year old husband checks his emails about once every couple of months. Not everyone is attached to their computer screen. Especially retired people. We cancelled our TiVo account today and it turns out Comcast had a better offer for better equipment anyway. Unfortunately for TiVo, we never would have even checked into Comcast had TiVo not had such a poor business practice.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2016

I bought a TiVo 500MB DVR which is also offered in a 1000MB model. I chose the smaller version because they touted its expandability via an expansion drive. It turns out the only drive they support is a Western Digital 1TB drive which hasn't been manufactured for several years and is no longer available. This is outright fraud. They also don't make it clear you have to permanently connect your BOLT to a hardwired network connection in order to use the MoCA network option to use the Minis. Virtually no older home in the US has network drops in any rooms. This is the most deceptive company I have ever dealt with. I assume because their technology is now very old and they haven't kept up. You don't want to buy their products. I can't return mine because the cable company took longer than 30 days to install service and provide me a cable card for the BOLT.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2016

At one time, TiVo was a state of the art company. Now, they are no longer a worthwhile company, and their billing practices are at best unethical, and, at worst, borderline fraudulent. I canceled my service a few months ago, because they no longer provide a product that meets my needs. I had to argue with a service representative for fifteen minutes, before they would allow me to cancel. After he agreed to cancel my account, I found that my account was not cancelled, and I continued to get billed, until fortunately, my credit card expired, at which point they mailed me a final bill. I would recommend that people stay away from this company.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2015

Love my TiVo but I hate what they've become. They used to be better, but their customer service has tanked. Smug, condescending, flat out rude. This isn't just one bad apple either. This is the norm based on the many, many times I've had to call for a single issue that is still not resolved. I am a call center general manager. I know customer service. What they're doing is embarrassing. Either the management doesn't care or the execs are only interested in the numbers. Either way, I cannot recommend TiVo any longer. Not when I can get a comparable product directly from the cable company. Given that level of competition you'd think they would try to be better than the other guys, to set themselves apart. Sadly, it looks like with Comcast's deplorable reputation for customer service, TiVo must feel like they don't have to try. It shows.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

I bought 3 TiVo Boxes in 2013, nothing but trouble. I received a defective warranty replacement, still dealing with it 6 months later. They do not offer lifetime TiVo service with new TiVo boxes now, guess that's why they don't honor the warranty with mine (MINE ARE LIFETIME TIVO SERVICE). I personally wish someone else would incorporate this IN THE TV, and cut TiVo out completely. Dealing with TiVo is like having root canal done... rectally!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

We subscribed to the TiVo DVR in 2008. We were sent a DVR device that worked very well and we were happy with the service. In October of 2012, the DVR device stopped working and we called the Technical Support Department. We were informed that TiVo doesn't manufacture or repair DVR devices, so we would need to buy a new one for $150.00 to REPLACE the old one. So they proceeded to take an order for a new TiVo device on that same call. We had the option of paying for the device via monthly payments or a single payment. It was my husband doing the transaction, so I told him to decide what he wanted to do in regards to payment. In the end, he told me he was offered a small discount on the monthly service of about 4 dollars. The TiVo employee told us to disconnect the old TiVo device when we got the new one on the mail, to connect the new one and dispose of the old device; so we did.

We pay for the TiVo service automatically, with the credit card that we mainly use for everything, so we have around 200-250 transactions every month in every statement, which I review and pay online. When I check my statement, I mainly check for merchants I don't know. So I've been receiving statements with two TiVo charges every month, on the 3rd and one on the 17th of each month, since October 2012. At first I assumed one charge was for the TiVo service, and the other one must be partial payment for the device. And frankly, I got used to seeing the charges. Also, a family member was having a serious, long-term health issue, so I wasn't in a position to give it much thought, either. Yesterday, while going through my credit card statement, I thought it was about time I stopped seeing two charges from TiVo, as the device must've been paid for a long time ago (we got it on October 2012).

So I logged into the TiVo website, which I hadn't accessed in years, and I realized that the two monthly charges are for two different DEVICES. I have been paying monthly services for EACH device, the old one at $16.99/month and the new one at $12.99/month! The new device had been paid for in one single payment of $149.99 on October of 2012. Of course I felt dumb for not having realized, but on the same token, the time around October 2012 had been very stressful. So I called the TiVo Customer Service last night and explained the situation calmly and politely. The lady explained to me that it was our job to contact TiVo and have our old device deactivated, which we didn't, and that the new one was considered an extra device, hence it came with its own service charge.

She was super nice and informed me that, unfortunately, she couldn't find any notes in the system attesting that the purchased device was in fact a REPLACEMENT for the old device. I told her that no one had explained that part to us, and that when we have been in similar situations in which we have had the need to replace a Vonage device, a cable box or even an internet modem. We have never had the need to go through the administrative task of making sure they unsubscribe the device. Furthermore, the person who recommended us to replace the device and took the order for the new one didn't mention anything to us.

I requested a refund for the 38 months we've been charged for a device we threw away on October 2012. She said she didn't have the empowerment to refund the money, but she did check the system and confirmed that the old device never "checked in" with the TiVo server, which is proof that it hasn't been used since October 2012. We ended our call in an amiable way, when I thanked her for trying to help and asked her to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor, John, picked up the phone and he was not friendly at all. He scolded me for not having noticed the truth about the double charges in three years. I admitted to him that I should've probably noticed before but the fact is I didn't.

We get too many transactions in one single credit card statement, so I didn't really pay attention to those two amounts. But on the same token, we were never informed in any way that we needed to unsubscribe the old device; we were only told to physically replace it, which we did. I tried to talk to him some more, but he started getting argumentative and interrupting me. I didn't lose my temper or anything. I just informed him that to me this was not personal against him, but it was a business transaction and he should take it as such. He told me that to him, this was like selling cars. So we had bought a car from TiVo and he didn't know/care what I did to my old car. I explained to him that TiVo doesn't sell cars, TiVo sells a monthly service and that the device is the medium to deliver the service. He confirmed that he had the ability to refund the money ($644 total), but he wouldn't. So I decided to end the call there, in a polite way.

I hope someone at Consumer Affairs may help me get back my $644. I am submitting the image with the order number on October 2012, as well as the monthly billing history for the old device (at $16.95/month) and the new device (at @12.99/month). Please note that, on the billing history of the NEW device, it is noted as an UPGRADE. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

Worst company ever to deal with regarding billing. Called in September to close an account I was no longer using. Given case # and told the account would need to go into arrears for 45 days after which I would receive a bill. Assured that no collection action would occur... Paid on 11/15/15 same day I received bill. Tivo cashed check on 11/22/15. I received collection action today from them for same amount. WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN AND WILL BE ACTIVE IN NOT RECOMMENDING ANYONE ELSE USE THEM EITHER!!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

I have called TiVo many times for the same problem. I've been told repeatedly that they would get back to me. Last person I spoke to was a monster who supposedly was a manager named Larry. SOOO RUDE!!! I asked to speak to his manager and he claimed not to have one.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

I am so angry with TiVo that I'll need 20mg of ** to sleep tonight. I have been a loyal customer since 2009 and am on my 4th device. I tend to upgrade electronics when something new comes out. You would think that this is the type of customer they want. I am returning my BOLT. I am a long-time TiVo owner and the BOLT is the 4th model I have purchased. My Roamio was purchased last February at full price. I called TiVo on October 18th to confirm I could cancel my monthly service for Roamio since I was buying a BOLT. I was assured it was canceled and I would not be billed next month since the BOLT is prepaid for one year.

Today I was billed for it and called TiVo again. This time the person told me that I was under "contract" with the Roamio until February and would have to continue paying. I had already sold the Roamio using Amazon Trade-in and no longer even have the device. I will not do business with TiVo again unless someone contacts me in a hurry to make it right! They have lost a good and loyal customer.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2015

Review is for TiVo company & not specific to any particular product. Service is mandatory. Product is only as good as provider of service. It seems company is in downward spiral. Beware TiVo purchase. I have had service since 2002 & had been a loyal consumer. No more. Boxes don't last long. Software upgrades crash system. Customer service is extremely poor. Given inaccurate information. Do not honor offers. Made to call back numerous times & got run around. Hit wall when trying to correct situation. Unfortunately locked into year contract, only recourse is feedback and contact BBB & Consumer Affairs. Please be forewarned before getting stuck. This is not the same TiVo of old. Check out a competitor for a better experience all around.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

I called to cancel my TiVo service in the Spring of 2015. I was considering selling my TiVo equipment and the rep said he would extend my account for a two months in case I did sell it. It was my understanding that by doing this, the warranty info would transfer to the new owner. I wasn't made aware that after the two month "grace" they would continue charging my credit card for the TiVo service. I noticed the charge on my credit card and called the company to clear it up.

They looked back at the call I made when cancelling the service and it said I agreed to the "grace" period. It wasn't made clear to me that I would begin getting charged again for a service I am no longer using. I voiced my dissatisfaction with this and said it didn't seem fair that I was being charged for a service I was clearly not using any more. The rep said there was no way to tell if I was using the service or not (I find that hard to believe). So, they would not refund me the $80. I am very unhappy, and it now proves to me it was a good decision to get rid of TiVo!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2015

RCN tells me it didn’t work because it crashes. Then you need to unplug it and hope it reboots. It didn’t. Tech came again and replaced box. One week later it crashed again. Am now waiting for a senior tech. Absolutely do not recommend and will look for an alternate.

Original review: July 3, 2015

Recently I purchased a new, top of the line TiVo box Roamio. Out = $532. I paid for overnight service only to find out that my device was defective (purchased for sublet of my home for the summer and little time to install before leaving town = $57. Paid for Geek Squad to install but they could not because device was defective. Out = $125. After calling to exchange device, your team disconnected me THREE times.

By now rather cranky, they refused to overnight my replacement saying it was against corporate policy that TiVo does not eat shipping. In other words because your team does not have quality control, it's ok for your customer to eat shipping...not once, but twice! Bottom line, they refused to credit me the overnight fee I paid in the first place and refused to overnight the replacement device. But I could have asked for an RMA returned the device and repurchased all over again!! Such a stupid policy.

I asked to speak to a supervisor when things turned even more sour. Two supervisors did not help. The second after I stated I was returning the device, I was in the middle of a luncheon and wasn't interested in speaking further, continued to call my cell phone twice to continue arguing with me!! This is crazy!! I gave up and asked to credit my new device as I was no longer interested in further frustration from TiVo, a company who does not know the meaning of customer service nor customer retention. Just received an email saying they could not refund me until I call back!!

Original review: May 15, 2015

I wish there was a zero star for selection. Tivo deserves Zero. I would not recommend tivo as all they want is your money. They didn't fully explain the contract to me. Continued to charge my credit card even after trying to cancel it within the first couple of months. Charged me the $75 cancellation fee even after telling them to cancel it on month one. In the end I had to declare my credit card stolen to keep them from charging my card. I called their customer service number to make sure it was cancelled. Only to find out they still had not cancelled it. I told them I would sue them if they continued to charge my credit card and not cancel it. At that point they reimbursed me the $75 cancellation fee and closed my account.

My dad convinced me to try tivo for a month using the spare tivo he had in the attic. I agree and we set up an account. Tivo never clearly explained the contract to me. I didn't realize you had to be committed for the duration of the contract. I missed the cancellation period by a few days. I called them in month one and requested them to cancel it. They didn't as I kept getting charged for my credit card.

On month two I called them. They said they would transfer the account to which ever family member agreed to take it. Well, the tivo just ended back up in the attic. Month three I got another bill charge. I tried to call tivo. Nothing but an endless slough of numbers, numbers and computers. I had to ask my dad who was an expert at numbers. He gave me the number he found years ago. I called, waited for about 30 minutes, got a person, transferred waited for 10 minutes. Then I finally got someone that could help me. The representative was very firm about not canceling my contract. He gave me attitude, polite attitude. His words were different but the message was clear: "We don't cancel accounts." After an endless conversation I hung up. Called again. Next person wasn't much better. Same message above. I gave up.

Month four I got another bill. I decided to declare my credit card stolen after I called tivo customer service. They moaned about how I would be continued to charge the duration of the contract. If I wanted out they would charge a $75 cancellation fee. They tried to charge me. The manager was kind enough to not charge it to my credit card. I probably had to do with the fact that I told them I was going to declare my credit card stolen. For charging unwanted transactions to it. It probably didn't help that the representative also mentioned that tivo may end up continuing to charge my credit card for the duration of the contract. I WILL NEVER DO TIVO AGAIN. I did a little research and found tivo has a reputation for not canceling contracts. I've heard many people moan about tivo debt collection bills arriving. Thinking that they canceled their tivo years ago but it turns out it never was. I'm beginning to think TIVO IS A BIG SCAM.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2014

I purchased a roamio pro for $697 on 12/31/14. It has never worked properly. I have many interrupted programs. When I ask TIVO for any help, I go through the signal level, SNR, RS corrected and uncorrected drill every time. I purchased attenuators to get the signal and the SNR corrected, but TIVO then says I have RS issues and it is a cable problem. I have had cable techs at my house at least 4 times and the signal always measures good. The TV works fine independent of TIVO, but, TIVO says there is not enough evidence that it is their problem and they cannot replace the device. So, I called to cancel my service. It turns out that I am one month short of the 12 month commitment I apparently agreed to, although I don't remember anything about that since I paid full price for the roamio. If I don't pay another $14, TIVO says they will charge me $75. Sounds like a bribe. So, I asked them to send me another unit since mine is still under some kind of warranty, but, same old story, they say there is not enough evidence that it is their problem.

So, I cancelled and told them to send the bill for $75 which I will not pay without a court order. Sounds silly, but to let these companies steam roll over consumers is also silly. So, we will see what happens. In the meantime, based on my experience, I recommend that you do not buy a TIVO. I have had 3 TIVOs over the past 10 years and have always recommended this company. I hope I have not caused my friends and family inconvenience.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2014

I had an older Tivo in use and updated to a new unit. I worked with the service person to switch the billing. The older unit was being billed to an old credit card and continued being billed unnoticed for almost two years. Mistakes happen. But when contacted, Tivo confirmed the dates and the lack of use of the older unit, but offered free service for six months as their only consideration.

I am cancelling our two accounts, raising the issue on social media (I am a webmaster by trade), and certainly telling everyone who will listen. It's too bad. I have always promoted Tivo mostly based on their intuitive interface. I have created several leads from my promotion. I am going to be spreading negative comments now. Their sales team should talk with their service team to get this problem corrected.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2014

My Tivo froze during live TV, then failed and rebooted for 30 minutes during the Giants playoff game. Since I had an extended warranty, I called for a replacement. Each of my five calls required 10 to 20 minute holds to speak to someone. Tivo would only ship me a REFURBISHED unit if they could charge my credit card 322 dollars. Despite paying the fee (that would be credited back later) so I could continue watching TV, Tivo turned off my current service that night without informing me. Since they are not open at night, I called back the next day and had to wait and argue to get service reverted to my old box. I was assured I could transfer content from one box to another, but I received my new Tivo with no power cord. When I resolved that issue, I called Tivo and was told I would have to buy Tivo service on my old box, when service was transferred to the new box, in order to transfer my content. I can't believe a company can treat their customers so badly and still be in business.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2014

The following information represents my opinion of TiVo and its Sales Support personnel based on a situation in which TiVo, in my opinion, wronged me. This posting not intended to be malicious, demeaning, slanderous, or misrepresenting in any way. It is intended to communicate what I believe is a breakdown in integrity and to stress that it is important for any customer to record calls that are made to TiVo customer support so that you have a formal record of conversations. The following is accurate to the best of my memory, with the final call from TiVo having occurred less than 1 hour ago (09-Oct-2014: 8:22pm CDT).

I am very disappointed in TiVo. Last week, I chatted with a TiVo rep. Rep recommended that I call the Sales Support line to investigate a $150 discount for which I might qualify. Called the Sales Support number and the rep confirmed that I was eligible for a $150 promotion, and that the price of the Roamio Plus was also discounted by $50 and a $100 discount on Lifetime. I told the rep that I would consider it.

Next day, I called Sales Support to order the Roamio Plus with Lifetime, but was told that no such promotions were available. I escalated to his supervisor and talked with ** (withholding name, as my intent is not to get a specific Supervisor in trouble or cause her any problems, but I hope she reads this and learns...). She backed up her support rep and told me that these promotions were not correct. However, she agreed to research the previous call (kudos for that).

Upon review, she called me back (she had to try a few times, so kudos to her for her persistence) and told me that 1) she understood how I "might" have understood that there were promos (sounds like perhaps a voice of reason), and 2) the original rep had been "counseled" (sounds like perhaps an honest mistake on his part), that there was no way the transaction would have gone through with the original rep (has no bearing on the current situation), and that only the "current" promos would be honored (that is where you crossed the line from explaining the situation to making excuses and refusing to do the right thing).

Given this history, here is my situation. I was quoted prices that TiVo WILL NOT HONOR. Perhaps these prices were offered in error, but the fact is that I was quoted very specific promo prices. TiVo refuses to honor prices quoted to me by one of their Sales Support reps. TIVO REFUSES TO DO THE RIGHT THING BY NOT HONORING THEIR PRICING TO ME. Are TiVo Sales Supervisors trained to refuse to do the right thing, or could it be that the Supervisors do not represent the best interests of the customer when a wrong is committed by a TiVo employee, or is there pervasive situational ethics within the TiVo Sales Support organization, or is this an isolated instance? Who can know? My opinion is that this is an apparent integrity issue that presents itself when a supervisor refuses to do the right thing for the customer.

So now I face the dilemma of whether I repair my Series 3 HD and continue to use it, buy a Roamio Plus while trying to ignore the apparent integrity issue of TiVo, or do I buy a competitor's product? I am not certain which route I will take. But what I am certain about is that I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED that TiVo would permit its supervisors (very specifically...Supervisor **) to act in a way where they feel it is acceptable to explain away an obvious error, instead of accepting responsibility for its employees and honoring the price, EVEN if it meant finding a high enough manager that could authorize a price override. Chances are that the only way that upper management at TiVo will even find out about this is from this posting. And then once you do, will you do the right thing for me...the customer? My only recourse now is in the court of public opinion...

Original review: Sept. 11, 2014

I cancelled my Tivo account on August 30th. On Sep 10th I was billed for the full month. I called customer service and told them I had been billed for the full amount and was told they do not pro rate your bill. So no matter when you cancel you are billed for a full month. Truly an unfair business practice!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2014

I am Jason with IKindess.com. I've been with TiVo since the very first model rolled out and have always been a big fan after the premieres. I paid a few hundred dollars for they came out with Romio as well. I had to buy those or keep restarting in the middle of live recordings, season premieres and it takes 20 minutes to restore. See you missed the show also but they freeze for 15-20 mins, sometimes forever & U have to unplug it 2 Work! After offer $50 off upgrade, am Done!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2014

They were informed of the problem in January and ignored it - marking it solved. It was NOT fixed and requires pulling the power plug to restore function.

Original review: May 1, 2014

My 3 yr old TiVo Premiere died last night. Only 3 yrs old. I called to today to see what my options are and they only said I could pay $79 (a special price) for a refurbished 3 yr old Premiere. And I would have to wait for it to arrive, which means I'm paying for cable and TiVo I don't have. I asked about any offers to upgrade to Roamio - I've been offered that before and have been a TiVo customer for 9 years.

The woman on the phone lost it with the word UPGRADE. She starting screaming at me that I didn't understand that I was eligible for an upgrade because my Premiere is too new. And she wanted me to pay for the exchange or get off the phone with her. So I did. I hung up and she was more than happy about it, and I heard her laughing as I hung up. I used to love TiVo customer service. Now I'm stuck with nothing and I don't know I'm going to do because they have no offers for returning customers, and I was shamed for asking.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2014

The tivo box I purchased back in 2010 hasn't been working correctly so I called customer service to see if there was a cheaper upgrade option for loyal customers (customer since 2006). I was told there is ZERO upgrade options to purchase the Roamio but could purchase a 3 year old box for $99.00. REALLY!?!?!? The representative I spoke to was unwilling to compromise and gave me the impression that they would rather have me cancel service than save a loyal customer any money.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2014

Background: on February 1, 2014, I went online to cancel my account. The link said to call Tivo Customer Service at 1-877-367-8486 option #2. Now, my Premiere 4 box is disconnected and in the Disabled Veterans donation box. My Verizon Fios boxes are all setup around the house. Customer Service Rep(CSR): "If you cancel today, then I will have to charge you a $75 Early Cancellation Fee." My year ending subscription date is 3/11/2014. I asked the CSR, "Could you please cancel my account now for 3/11/2014?" She replied,"No, you have to call back on March 10, 2014." I asked, "What if I called on the 9th? Would that be okay?" She said, "No, the 10th." Now, I will be calling starting 30 days ahead of time because I do not want TiVo to come back and say, "Well, you didn't give us enough notice". I can swallow the $14.99 for the month of February, but from what I've been reading today online... I'm afraid that I'll be automatically charged or after I clear my credit card information I will be billed for another year. Not worth the $2.50 Comcast credited me every month.

TiVo Company Information