3.67/5

189 Six Flags America Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 21, 2019

I visited Great America for the first time on 6/14/19. I signed up for a membership so that my family could enjoy the park multiple times for the summer. Upon entering the park, my satisfaction decreased from the second I arrived. First off, when you are coming to a park with small children, the process to get your membership credentials and items is less than ideal. We spent the first 25 minutes in the park in Guest Services where I was told I would be able to "get passes, be refunded for parking, get cups, and upgrade membership". However after 25 minutes in this line, we were only refunded for the parking and sent to Membership Services. Once we got to Membership Services, we had to wait another 30 minutes to be serviced. I asked if our flash passes were included in our membership. I was told "Yes, you have to go to the Flash Pass Headquarters to retrieve your band".

After leaving Membership Services, it was 11:32 and my 6, 9 and 11 year old were starving. We stood outside the eatery next to the ride The Whizzer which was supposed to be open at 11:30. We waited until 11:35 for them to open and was the 3rd party in line. Due to them training, it took them over 20 minutes to take 2 orders ahead of me before I could even place my order. All together we waited about 30 minutes before we could eat. By this time we had been in the park a little over an hour and a half and only managed to enjoy a cold, less than satisfactory meal. We then headed back to the Flash Pay Headquarters, where we had to wait another 35 minutes.

You don't understand how LIVID I was when I was finally serviced and told "Your membership does not include any Flash Passes, it only comes with 2 skip the lines which you have to wait in (another) line for". I specifically asked "CAN I UPGRADE TO THE FLASH PASS MEMBERSHIP HERE". I was told "No, you will have to go back to Membership Services to preform that". I then asked "Can I purchase the passes and then go back to Membership Services before I leave to have them added to my membership and be refunded for the difference?" I was told "You definitely can return to have this added and the difference refunded, and also, for being a Diamond Elite member we will upgrade your Flash Passes from basic to the Gold package".

I spent 250.00 on 5 basic Flash Passes. By this time it about almost 1:00 and we still had not done anything in the park. When we got in line for The Raging Bull we were told our Flash Passes were in fact not upgraded to Gold but were standard! As you can imagine at this point my kids and husband did NOT want to stand back in any line that was not for something fun! So we just kept on about our day. However to put the icing on the cake; I returned to Membership Services when the water park closed, stood in line for 45 minutes, and was told I could not be refunded the difference to add my Flash Passes for the season.

So on my first visit, I paid 135.00 for membership, $250.00 for flash passes (under false pretenses they could be upgraded/refunded and were upgraded to Gold but were actually basic) to stand in over 3 hours of lines with 3 small kids. As a suggestion, you all need a centralized process for members, especially those spending over a thousand dollars a year. I expected way more out of this park.

As a Cedar Point season pass member I have never had these issues with them. I thought your parks would be as worthy but it was a nightmare! I have called your corporate line and left voice messages over the past week that have yet to be returned. I also emailed the contact page and never got a response. I am planning to come back for my birthday 7/13 with family from out of town but I will not spend another dime until this is corrected to MY standards. I will also encourage my employer to stop participating in the partnership we have with you which gives employees discounts on your park (which is how I found out about you) if this is not corrected. This entire situation is absolutely unacceptable.

I would like a full refund of my 250.00 and free season flash passes of the gold level added to my membership for free, or a free cancellation of my membership. I expect someone to reach out to me ** with a resolution expeditiously. The receipt for my flash passes is attached. Thank you, Destiny **. Account # **.

Original review: June 17, 2019

We had a group of six, and were there from opening to close. We could only ride four rides. We went as a last family trip before our youngest son leaves for the military. It was nearly impossible to get food or a drink. All of the workers appeared to hate their jobs, not that I blame them. We could barely walk because of the hoards of people. It was not worth the money we paid to go! If the park is going to charge inflated prices for tickets, food, water, etc... they should cap the number of people allowed in so you are actually able to ride the rides! We will never go back.

I have gone to Six Flags my whole life, it has never been this horrible. At closing, the police were called because of some huge fight breaking out. We almost got pepper sprayed by accident because the group of troublemakers were surrounding us! A scary moment trying to leave. Line jumpers were out of control! A group of twenty passed us in line for the scream machine. They would send one person in trying to “find someone”. Then the group would walk in to “find” the first person. With ridiculous wait times, that was infuriating. And there were no workers around to care, much less stop it.

Also paid for the picture pass. The workers could care less if you get your pictures that you paid for. They half listen and were rude. Out of ten photos we wanted, four of them weren’t even of our family when we went to download them after leaving the park. And it wasn’t even a close mistake, the photos we were given were obviously wrong, the people in them were a different race from us each time. The worker would clearly be able to see the difference. And they worked to center the photo for us, then scanned our card. I don’t know how it was possible to send the wrong ones?

Original review: June 3, 2019

Was convinced to purchase the Membership for 2. “My Mistake”. Went ONCE. I am a disabled VET. There were lots of warnings about disabilities at most rides. I tried to cancel and just pay for the 1 trip immediately but they refused! Battled them for the whole year. After 12 mo. term was done I canceled but they keep billing me! They say I did not give the 15 day notice to cancel!!! They are THIEVES! They are still billing me months after my 12 month contract ended!!! SCAM ALERT!!!

Original review: May 30, 2019

The park is filthy, paint chipping, toilets are dirty and old, food is the worst dining fast food I ever saw. Water park is overcrowded, 1.5 hours in line (yes one and a half hours) to get any type of food including water, while waiting 4 people fainted due to heat and were transported to ambulance. Did for the whole family season pass. Paying over a year for something that is not worth it, contact the company to cancel and now I need to pay 2 more payments before I will be canceled. The terms are misleading, the park is bad experience. Stay away. Take your family elsewhere.

Original review: May 29, 2019

If I could give them zero stars, I would. First of all, customer service is practically non-existent. The chat operators cannot fix any issues on the account, and they cannot connect you to the departments that can. They can only tell you that someone will eventually contact you about your issue. This means you can be charged way too much and even be threatened with collections and never get to talk to someone about it who can help. They give you a number to call, but that number always goes to voicemail. When you email, they don't read it, they just auto-respond that someone will get back to you. I have 4 emails that are a month in with no response.

As far as why we had issues, we signed up for 4 memberships online on opening day. We had issues the entire day saying it didn't go through and we didn't have memberships, but I could see we had been charged. We drove from far out of town and paid for hotels to be there, and barely got to use the park by the time they allowed us in (and we got there 30 minutes before open). We never got our cards, didn't get our cups, it was awful. We were told it didn't go through, so if we wanted them we would have to sign up again. Well, we chose not to since it was such a disaster and we don't live nearby. We were afraid to pay to come to town again to have another awful experience. Well, 1.5 months later I see an email in my spam folder that I'm about to be submitted to collections because I have chosen not to pay for my 4 memberships. Calls and chats and emails all on my part all gone unanswered and ignored.

When I actually got to people, they told me there was nothing they could do and that I owed tons of late fees as well. I explained to many people that none of the other members got emails, none of us were called (all info on the account), and nothing was charged to us, and that an email in my spam folder wasn't extremely helpful when we paid a lot of money and vacation time to sit in the park being told we had no memberships. What a terrible experience, but the customer service to correct the issue has been so time-consuming, and has still not been corrected all this time later. They do not care at all about their customers. They spend their time lying to customers in person and charging and threatening them later in their accounts. What a terrible company and they have lost 4 lifelong customers. After our 12 required months of memberships we suddenly have are allowed to be canceled and stopped monthly billing...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Six Flags America?

Original review: May 29, 2019

Purchased Platinum membership May 2018. Agreed to 12 months membership.. went once that May, first ride lost wallet. Asked if I could retrieve it, and was denied. Filled out report and of course never got my wallet back, so remainder of day was broke. No cash, bank card was in wallet also, had to pay for new license.... never went back. End of March started trying to cancel membership as I only agreed to pay 12 months, website kept giving me two confirmations, one stating it was submitted successfully, the second paragraph stating I had to call as there was an error. I called. They said I could cancel yet, as April was going to be the 12th payment.

Went thru process again in April after received my 12th payment and same confirmation as before. So I called again, was told I would have to make another payment to enjoy my membership. I told them "no", I spoke with supervisor and got same result, so I canceled my bank card and now I receive 1 to 3 emails every day warning me that I will have to pay fees and the monthly payment. I agreed to 12 months, I paid 12 months, plus they stole my wallet with cash in it. I would definitely like to be part of a class action. They are thieves.

Original review: May 9, 2019

If I could I would rate below one star, What is wrong with this company, I am organized when I need to cancel memberships before the allotted time. My problem is that I bought a one-year season pass and I canceled my membership one month before and this was in 2016, and now it's 2019 and I am still being charged until this day. This is like $270. Six Flags has terrible services, the contact information you get just sends you back to their crummy site to manage disputes.

And when I click on cancel my account there is a problem with the connection and the link doesn't direct you to the cancel page. Rather the website freezes, so frustrating. I also moved away from the current residence listed on my account, and due to the theft of my credit card, the payments now have seized yet they are asking me to pay or I will be surcharged an additional $10...I will refuse to pay for something I canceled two years ago. Don't Trust this Company, It's a terrible unethical company.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I purchased Diamond membership for 3, within few days I called to cancel due to a emergency that happened to my wife, I offered to send documents. I took forever to find a phone number to contact them, I reached out to my AMEX card, they provided me with a phone number, I called but only announcements available. I told AMEX so they stopped the charge on my card.

Few weeks later, I received a note from Six Flags to make a payment and $30 extra charge for not making the payment. Anyway, I was able to speak to someone with a phone number on line (hidden), they told me, "We can not help you," I explained the medical emergency but in vain, I asked to waive the $30 late charge, they refused. (You have to finish the year to be able to cancel), Today, is almost a year, I logged in online to cancel, did everything, clicked submit, (your cancellation did not go through, do it through CONTACT US) I did, but there are no clicking buttons to submit. I clicked on CHAT and they did it for me after a struggle. BAD service, they have no HEART and no considerations to customer Emergencies. They made me pay $60 for 12 months for nothing. I hate you Six Flags.

Original review: May 5, 2019

Membership was not able to be cancelled until after the 12 month agreement. No people to schedule this with. Cancelled online after the 12 within 2 days. Told by customer service that they then bill an additional month. And once again the next month after that is billed. Just fraud.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I have been trying to cancel my memberships since March! I've called several times and the reps have been the worst to deal with! Eventually around March I got one of them to cancel my membership. At least I thought they did. To find out that they only canceled my gold memberships and left the most expensive ones the diamond elite. (Very convenient). I've had the hardest time getting anyone to help me. Every person I talk to they tell me they can’t do anything.

First they don't even make it easy to try and get ahold of someone for membership services. There's no contact info. I've had season passes throughout my life for me and my kids. That's never happening again. I've been trying to cancel for months now! This has been a hellish experience. They're worse than loan sharks. They have reps for when you want to buy things but not when it comes to canceling. They're the worst. They should not be allowed to do this. Save your money and skip the membership. You'll regret it!

Six Flags America Company Information