1.68/5
Based on 148 reviews that contain star ratings

155 Six Flags America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I have a membership with Six Flags America. Fright Fest the lines are long and security cannot keep up rework the people that cut the lines that go to the mazes. A remedy for this needs to be looked into. Other people waiting in line gets upset and arguing ensues. Six Flags really needs to think security through for the mazes and those that like to cut lines. I am a Six Flags fan other than the issues with the mazes.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Magic Mountain in Valencia, CA Is my very SO CA Amusement Park. Knott's and Disneyland are fun too But Magic Mountain is much better for adults! The rides are bigger and more fun and the variety is unlimited. There is a lot more included for the price of admission as well...

Get expert buying tips about Amusement Parks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Too expensive to enjoy without really considering what you can afford. Even a soft drink is not affordable to the average family. Not fun to have to tell the kids no. Everything is so pricey and it's not fun. Kid's are unhappy, which makes me unhappy.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Horrible customer relations department. All employees including supervisors are young and inexperienced and don’t know how to handle situations. Awful in all aspects except for the actual rides.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Great value with season pass, but 1 hour waits for rides. Glad we went - close to home and convenient. Wished there were shows or parades or some indoor seated events to rest and recover.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Six Flags America?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I took my kids to Six Flags with a group of friends. There were about 20 in our group. Everyone enjoyed themselves. However, I do think it costs too much. Last year, I bought 4 season passes but we never went. Unfortunately, Six Flags would not give us a discount on the tickets we purchased at the park in July.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The park is fun but if it is too busy then you can’t do anything. A drink bottle is a must and is expensive. Almost 20 dollars but free refills is worth it. We try to go at no busy times to get the most out of the park in one day. It also pays to be a member especially if you visit more than a couple times of year because of the discount you get. The food is mediocre at best and way overpriced but you have to deal with this when you want to go to an amusement park. Overall it is fun but be prepared and plan your trip carefully to get the most for your money.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I felt very happy had so much fun. My kids had a great time. The food was great. The people are nice so it was a great day. The drinks and the ice cream were good.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I enjoyed the freefall balloon ride and skyline across park. I had a good time. I found these not sickening and nice rides. I don't like to be turned upside down so like these.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We visited with 2 small children & took advantage of all the amenities. Everything was clean, well marked, fun. The children (1G, 1B) enjoyed the heck out it!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I spent four (4) days at the park and did so much and had a lot of Fun! For example: I went on the Skyway Frontier Adventures Ride and saw the whole park on that ride back on Friday, August 10, 2018. It was absolutely so beautiful! You can see the Lake, all of the rides, including the Tallest Rollercoaster in the World and much, much more from that ride mentioned above. In Addition: I actually spent several days at Six Flags which went from Friday, August 10, 2018 up to Sunday, August 12, 2018.

Six Flags definitely has so much to do besides the rides such as their shows which include their Daffy Duck Dance Off, their Safari Ride, their Games to test your luck, along with many Restaurants, Ice Cream and Desert Shops and Local Souvenir Shops. One of their Most Famous Rides is called "Kingda Ka" since it is known to be the Tallest Rollercoaster In The World and Yes, I Rode It! I really had a great time during my four (4) days out there and you will too! Do come and visit! Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Magic mountain is the park where the "vacation" movie was filmed... as it substituted for "wally world". It’s right next to the desert and can get hot as hell... that, and the stomach churning rides put one of my kids in the infirmary for most of the afternoon!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Great overall experience. Lines were not too bad when we visited. It is my experience that the longer the lines are, the worse of a time you are going to have.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

The route in walking from the camp ground was not clearly marked with the "road" or wide path being only an inch lower than the walk way. I stepped wrong and hurt my ankle. It was horrid getting to the medical center and they said it was a sprain and "wrapped" it telling me to try to stay off of it. We had to go all the way back to the main gate to get a "wheel chair" and had to pay to rent it. They didn't even provide an aspirin for pain. We were there for three days and had to rent the chair every day. The fact a storm came in wiping out of all the electricity in the park and campgrounds was definitely not their fault but having no emergency lighting made it difficult to get back to the campground. The fact the tents were all down and several trailers blown over was not their fault either, but they didn't offer refunds on tickets or replacement tickets for other days.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Six Flags in Missouri, the staff was rude and would not help with questions & acted like they just wanted us to go away! And in Texas they were a little bit better but not much.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Went for my daughter’s bday yesterday and it was NOT FUN. They sell way WAY too many tickets so it is impossible to get on any of the rides. The girls ended up on the same one ride all day to avoid waiting for hours in line. Spent $190 on a Cabana that was supposed to expedite the food service. The kid that took our order forgot about it and after waiting with hungry tired hot kids in a smelly hot cabana for 45 minutes they finally admitted he had forgotten and then once it was reordered it went to the wrong tent. WTF. Very expensive. Waste of money. If the kids had even had a good time but honestly I am not sure they really did. Will not return.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

You pay to get all the pictures you want but they only have cameras on a few rides and are broken most of the time. The characters only come out one or two at a time. Probably the same two people. I had to grab porky the pig after he took a piss in the stall next to me for a picture and he said hold on for 8 minutes after I finish my break and then popped off his head and smoked half a cigar that was in his pocket while sitting on the curb. After all this the tech staff could only find one picture of us. They don't want you to use cell phones so you are forced to use Picture Pass and it is a complete ripoff. Class Action lawsuit on the way.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Bought the annual membership even though I only ended going like 2 times. Tried canceling after the year, the form fails, tells you to contact them directly. They give you secret information you had to contact them for to cancel. Cancel the membership and still charged the following month for whatever the ** reason. Never ever buy any kind of membership from Six Flags unless you want to deal with this **.

Original review: July 5, 2018

The Six Flags at 13710 Central Ave, Bowie, MD 20721 is the worst business I have ever come across. Their outsourced technical support, overseas, provides more help than the actual people that work at the location. I don’t even know how this particular Six Flags is still in business. I don’t even know why they have a local number when no one at this location EVER provides any customer support worthwhile. When you call and someone does pick up the phone, you get hung up on. People, your phone is NOT disconnecting, they are actually hanging up on you. I had to file a complaint about this, two complaints, before customer service reached out to me. I threatened to contact the CEO before getting someone to talk to.

Next time I was hung up on 15 times, 15. I called the CEO this time and left him a voicemail. I guess the message was passed on to “Ms. Katrina” from the location to handle. Who had the nerve to tell me that I didn’t get hung up on. She finally investigated and found out what I was telling her is the truth. Ms. Katrina explained that “Whenever the main office closes, the calls are being routed to guest relations who usually just hangs up the phone.” I told her I find that HIGHLY unacceptable that employees are hanging up on paying customers. Professional businesses DO NOT do that. I worked a switchboard for many years and I didn’t DARE hang up on anyone. Completely unacceptable! I try hope this park gets their act together because you are going to lose a great deal of business treat customers this way.

Next issue is the handling of diamond elite parking. I reserved parking 2 weeks ahead of July 4th, first come first serve on the reservation portal, as I knew parking would be FULL. I get to the first entrance on July 4th and they were FULL. I explained that this is not possible. The attendant had no clue what she was talking about, another issue with this park. The customers appear to know more than the workers. I’ve combed over my membership with a fine toothed comb because the employees at this park are incompetent, very sorry to say so but it’s the truth. I finally got a manager who LIED and told me the lot wasn’t full and that the attendant meant to say the lot is full for patrons wanting to buy parking at the entrance.

The manager led me to the preferred parking entrance knowing there was a police officer at the preferred parking entrance. The officer was there turning people around. I explained to the officer that I had booked my parking TWO weeks in advance, and that it was completely unfair for the park to SELL off the parking or just let any elite member in who had booked after me. The officer completely understood and went out of his way to help. Allowed me to wait on the side until someone left. Kudos to the officer and not the park.

I will be writing a formal letter to the CEO at this location and to the corporate office in New York to the attention of the Six Flags CEO, Jim Reid-Anderson; Senior Vice President, U.S. Park Operations, Tom Iven; and, Senior Vice President, Bonnie Sherman Weber, In-Park Services, as this is unacceptable. The park needs to do better job managing parking, customer service, benefits and the way employees behave at the park (attitude stinks). I do feel like I’ve purchased elite membership. It’s called “elite” for a reason and that is why I purchased. Feels like false advertisement.

If you want to reach out to CEO to tell him EXACTLY how you feel about the disgusting customer service at the Six Flags at 13710 Central Ave, Bowie, MD 20721, or voice your concerns as I did, please feel free to do so by calling 301-249-1500 and Press 4 for the Directory and then “4,6,9” to reach Rick Howarth on the Directory and then “1” to get to his voicemail as the directory will find two people. The corporate office contact in New York is: Six Flags Corporate Offices 924 Avenue J East, Grand Prairie, Texas 75050, 230 Park Avenue, 16th Floor, New York, NY 10169. By the way, I am booking way in advance for Labor Day and Fright Fest, let's see what happens.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I am pass holder for Six Flags on payment plan. My bank was compromised so I had to get new card. The Six Flags payment portal will not let me update info. I drove 2 hours to go to the theme park and they can't fix it either. Have sent few emails. No response as well as park has emailed and nothing as of yet. And pass is deactivated. Trying to get this cleared up ASAP because I am going to get kids and bring them here to NJ to go to theme park...

Original review: June 13, 2018

I spent three weeks trying to get in contact with someone about updating my payment information and got nowhere. I called the park and was given an 855 number where you're told to leave your name, phone number and order number and someone will call you back. LIES! Sent an email with the same information and details on my issue and still no reply. The email I received said my account was now terminated and placed with one of three collection agencies and to check my spam folder to see if I may have overlooked contact from the agency. NOPE! NOTHING! So I take it upon myself to google and call the collection agencies listed to see if they have my account so I can pay it and get my access back. Well Aargon no longer deals with "SucksFLags" and gave me some random New England number to call which was to another park.

I called Midwest and they had my account thankfully but because it had reached them they charged an additional $19 to the balance owed, even though I explained that I never received a phone call or email and actually came to them to pay. NOT A CARE WAS GIVEN!. In the midst of all this I was given corporate's number and wouldn't you know, all ext. go to a voicemail. It's like being stuck in a time loop with this company and it's really sad. Hopefully they don't remove it nine seven two five nine five five zero zero zero. CORPORATE NUMBER is the last line above this 972-595-5000.

Original review: May 14, 2018

My teen attended with a class trip this past weekend. A grown man came out of nowhere and grabbed my child by the arm and began pulling him forcibly away. His group of friends could not find any security, no attendants and no one tried to help. It wasn’t until the freak got my child near colossus that my kid finally got an attendants attention and screamed this man was pulling him against his will and he didn’t know him. The man then let go. I can’t imagine what that freak had planned for my kid. Next day, I Called customers service (almost impossible to get through). They took a report because the evening crew was not in. So far no call back.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I unfortunately had some issues with unauthorized charges in my debit card (someone cloned my card) and my bank had to start an investigation and block my card. My auto debit to pay the membership didn’t go through because of this and they added some fees to each membership card. I contacted Six Flags vía their website to explain what had happened, asked if they could remove the fees due to the situation, gave them proof of it, and asked them to see my acct as I never had issues before. This guy named Ryan responded with a blunt, "No we can’t waive the fees." I replied back because it seemed unbelievable to me that they would not even consider my situation after I explained and a random stranger stole over $150 from my acct. I asked if the issue could be escalated and that I wanted to talk to a manager about the situation. Ryan sent me a phone number and no explanation.

When I called the number, Ryan answered directly and said there was nothing to be done, that there was no escalation process and that I couldn’t talk to anyone else. This of course put me on edge because I couldn’t believe the Poor service I was receiving and the rudeness of this guy! I tried to reason with him and get a manager but he just kept refusing. At the end of the call I didn’t get anywhere, got terrible service, didn’t get any kind of resolution and I refuse to pay them fees after I did nothing wrong!!! Wanted to pay my membership and not being penalized for getting my card blocked because somebody decided to steal my card info!!! Beyond furious with Six Flags! I am never EVER getting my family membership there again! They suck and they don’t value their members whatsoever!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I visited the Six Flags location, in Maryland, back in May of 2017 and I do not plan on going back. My problems started as soon as I got to the gate to get my bag checked. The employee searched my bag, then told me that I could not enter the park because my shorts were “too short”, and that there were kids in the park. First of all, my shorts were not too short because nothing inappropriate was exposed. I do have curves and more than most, and I made sure that I looked presentable. Secondly, I did not have another pair of shorts, so that was an inconvenience. Thirdly, that was embarrassing because I was holding up the line trying to figure out what was wrong with my shorts and I was on a class trip so everyone was waiting for me.

So his supervisor or whoever she was told me that I’d have to buy a pair of appropriate shorts at their gift shop. Mind you, there were grown adults and children running around the park with their bathing suits on, as well as, other females whose behinds were exposed and shorts were shorter than mine so my shorts should not have been a problem. Luckily, one of my chaperones had an extra pair of shorts so they let me inside the park and I changed into the new shorts for two minutes, then changed back into my old shorts, and no one said anything to me the rest of my time in the park. That was my first time going to any Six Flags location, and that experience has gave me the impression that all of the parks are the same. For that reason, I will not be visiting any Six Flags location, again. They do not deserve my money if they’re going to disrespect and embarrass me.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I am writing to complain about my recent experience here. Today, September 24, 2017 was not only causes for discrimination for a disabled person, but a disappointment in general. When attending Frights Fest Vault 666 (our first maze) I was told that my friend who is in a wheelchair and also a annual pass holder could not get into the maze unless she had an ADA pass. My friend had to obtain one in order to get into a maze, otherwise she could NOT get into the maze. She then directed me to another staff. I was referee to multiple staff members for about an hour before having a manager FINALLY directing me to guest relations.

They told me they were unable to help before telling me I had to go around the building to obtain an ADA pass. Mind you, I has asked the person who provided us the information for a lost pass and the staff who sold us the wrist bands for Fright Fest regarding what my friend need it in order to for her to get into the mazes and they told us nothing. I lost more than an hour before being told they couldn't issue us an ADA pass. I told the staff and the "manager" that we were told by the staff that we were not allowed into the mazes without one.

Staff SHOULD BE TRAINED in policies and also costumer care because it was ridiculous that I was directed to 5 different locations, and told we were NOT allowed into the mazes without an ADA pass and they did NOT let us get in line. Thus, discriminating we had a guest in a wheelchair and now they are saying we can't get a ADA pass. I understand a physician note is required, however the fact that we were DENIED entry because we lacked a piece of paper and then at guest relations denied a pass is insane.

Staff member "Vanessa" claimed she was a manager, rudely told me she couldn't issue me one, because I lacked a note and then because she had issued one a year ago. I explained, “I WAS DENIED ENTRY because according to your staff I need it.” She told me to get back to the maze and have the staff member contact them. It is insane I wasted an hour and a half trying to understand why a staff member says one thing and another one denies us entry. Finally, Matt issued us a one entry pass, but when asked how many in my party (4 plus my disabled friend) he provided us with only 3 total.

It is not so much about obtaining a pass, but being denied entry because individuals do not know their rules. When asked to speak with a manager or any other person in charge "Vanessa" said she is the manager and that there is no one else above her and I could not speak with anyone else. I am very frustrated, my friend also suffers from anxiety and this incident ruined her night. Not only was she denied entry, the staff members were rude and we lost hours trying to get information. Extremely upset about the lack of information and customer satisfaction today's visit caused. I refuse to obtain another annual pass membership.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Signed up for 3 memberships back almost 4-5 years ago, 3 simple basic memberships. I continued to pay our account and then I found out I was charged for a meal package that cost over $300 when I never even had it on my account. Not have I seen one penny since. Why? Because getting into contact with ANYONE at Six Flags is like trying to get in contact with aliens.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

It's an ok place but their food is sooo over priced and it's nasty. I'd rather buy little Ceasar's pizza and they made me pay 50 bucks for a disgusting pizza that I threw away. Also their drinks are 5 bucks. It's insane. Their animals are sick. Most of them need attention. They look very sick and the lines for food are so long and I stood in line for like two hrs and for a nasty food. It was my first time and my last. ** this place.

Original review: July 30, 2017

My husband and I took my 12 year old little brother to Six Flags Great America today. While I will admit my husband is not a small man, he was told by multiple ride operators that he was too big to ride the coaster he was trying to get on. Not only did they do this with the shoulder restraint coasters but they even tried it with lap belt coasters that have more flexible restraints. I understand it is safety issue but l saw people that were twice his size riding the same ride he was denied. Even if he fit in the seats they had at the front of the ride for riders to test before they wait in line he was still told he couldn't ride.

When he went to Guest Services to complain they didn't even apologize for it. They told him there was nothing they could do about it. Plus their line skipping rules are a joke. We had multiple occurrences where 3 or more people jumped into line with their family or friends instead of waiting at the back of the line like the signs posted everywhere said. To complain about line jumpers you had to call a hotline and report it yourself. Which is hard to do when you leave your cellphone at home so it doesn't get stolen, lost or destroyed. They expect guests to enforce their policy instead of having security or another employee watching and enforcing it. Not to mention food prices are ridiculous. They seriously charge $14 for a undercooked Turkey leg. Will not be going back anytime soon.

Original review: July 29, 2017

My 13 yr. old daughter was physically assaulted by a grown man over her squirting him with a water gun on the log ride. I followed this man out of the park to have security take care of the matter, and call the police. Well, security let the man walk out, and did absolutely nothing but make me feel like a fool for trying to get him to do his job! He later apologized when he realized, 30 minutes later, that he made a big mistake! He even admitted that he should have handled it differently, once he realized that I wasn't going to let it all slide. I'm sure it's too late to file charges on the man that started this, but I will be reporting all this to administration. There were several other employees that observed this situation that also did nothing. Even the "first aid" station employees acted like it was no big deal, and didn't even adequately evaluate her arm. Disgusting.

Original review: July 28, 2017

In September of 2016 we visited the park and was sold an annual membership. Upon entering the park we soon realized that all rides we wanted to go on were closed due to rain. Mind you that we planned this trip in advance met people there from distances as far as 6 hours away. Went to guest relations and told them we were leaving the park due to ride closure and inability to use membership.

Requested refund and was told to contact technical support management at 321-249-0110 because we were under contract. We had no choice but to leave, no one was able to help, I followed up with an email, a letter, and several phone calls. I've been told that I could have visited on other days and that the membership is valid. Ironic that a company in the business of enjoyment and amusement has no regard for customer satisfaction nor the fact that I requested an immediate refund. It is July 2017 and my PayPal account is still being charged a monthly fee. It has been an unresolved huge frustration.

Six Flags America expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The first Six Flags park opened 55 years ago and has since expanded to include 18 amusement parks across North America, so there is likely a Six Flags relatively close to you. It is the largest regional amusement park company in the world, with more than 28 million visitors last year.

• Water parks: Most of the amusement parks are located near a Six Flags water park, so visitors can easily visit both attractions. Additionally, admission to several of the amusement parks includes admission to the water parks. These water parks have typical water features like wave pools, lazy rivers and children’s play areas. They also include thrilling attractions like Bonzai Pipelines where visitors stand in a launch capsule before being dropped down a near vertical water slide.

• THE FLASH Pass: Visitors who do not want to waste time waiting in line can purchase THE FLASH Pass, allowing them to skip a part of the line. Three THE FLASH Pass options are available: the Platinum Pass cuts visitors’ wait time by 90 percent and the Gold Pass reduces the wait time by 50 percent. The regular pass allows visitors to reserve a time to board the ride so they can skip the line. Season THE FLASH Passes are available for season pass holders.

• Season pass perks: Six Flags season pass holders receive benefits not available to individuals who purchase a single day ticket, including in-park discounts, invitations to special events and free extra tickets on selected days. Additionally, a season pass at one Six Flags amusement park is valid at all of them, so guests can visit as many parks as they want for one price. Season passes cost less than two single-day tickets, making them a good value for anyone who lives close enough to a Six Flags to visit more than once during the year.

• Roller Coasters: Thrill seekers will find amazing roller coasters at all of the Six Flags parks. The tallest and fastest roller coaster in North America is at Six Flags Great Adventure & Safari in Jackson, New Jersey, launching riders nearly 500 feet high at 128 miles per hour. Beginning in Summer 2016, Six Flags will partner with Samsung to offer a unique experience by combining a traditional roller coaster ride with virtual reality technology.

• Animal Encounters: Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in San Francisco both have attractions that allow guests to interact with exotic animals. In both parks, guests see elephants, tigers, giraffes and lions. At Discovery Kingdom, visitors can also swim with dolphins.

• Best for: Six Flags offers attractions for families, solo travelers and young adults. Also, it’s great for people who plan to visit more than once or more than one location in a year.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs