Six Flags America

Compare Amusement Parks in the US

Research top Amusement Parks in the US recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Cyber Sale Cancellation - I am besides myself by the lack of integrity Six Flags has demonstrated for my request to cancel this transaction 5 minutes after it had been placed. I was unable to cancel online like the site suggested I could. When I emailed I was told "So Sad too Bad". I will cancel the bank card and write to Corp and BBB. I will never visit or contribute to an unethical entity such as Six Flags.

I tried to cancel my membership July 2016 and I could not cancel through the phone. I had to cancel through the website. Upon filling out all the information, using my email address, I kept getting a notice that the email address was incorrect. I tried several times until I decided to send in a complaint. After cancelling it again in October 2016, I was told that I still owed 2 more months. My bank requested to change the credit card # because they were trying to deduct unauthorized purchases. Six Flags makes it impossible to cancel and then when you do, they want to charge you an additional 2 months. I have requested a credit from them for the months of August, September and December. I doubt I will receive anything. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THE MEMBERSHIP AND PAY ON A MONTHLY BASIS. IT IS HARD TO CANCEL.

We signed up for family membership and added two people onto our membership as well. After that, we got a bill monthly for $75 a month, whereas the initial agreement was $75 quarterly. They continued billing this for 14 months, and stated that I am required to pay the 12 months as part of the original agreement, and the extra 2 months because I did not cancel it. They prohibit cancellation until all payments are made.

So I made the payments, and will ask my credit card companies to consider this a fraudulent transaction, and pursue it that way. Luckily I have Amex and Discover. Discover refunded me back a couple charges, but then 6 flags would not cancel the membership. So, I paid with Amex, and will wait for the refund, then I will cancel the membership, and then I will ask for another full refund from Amex after the membership is cancelled. They will again try to reinstate the membership, and continue billing the $75 per month. However, at that point I will have enough ground to show that they have fraudulently charged the card.

This company is a bit of a scam. You cannot call and speak to anyone in person. All requests are referred over to their website, and cancellation of memberships requires you have numbers for your passes, and original contract ID. The contract ID is not available to you anywhere on the website. You must have it from the original receipt. Without it, you cannot cancel. It is set up to reduce cancellations, and prolong the payment collection on their accounts. This company is ripping people off. Major scam, major fraud.

Really good. Arrive early, do not forget your sunscreen and food, especially water on a hot sunny day. Be cooperative of the security, they are there to protect us. Follow directions and the lines will move faster. Enjoy your day.

I was stormed out but because lightning shut down rides, but what I did do was awesome. The food is expensive, although there is anything you want! It's fairly expensive. I just went to the park - I didn't stay over, but the park does require some itinerary. I'm close enough to drive. I feel the park is large enough to spend 2 full days. The rides are awesome especially if you like big coasters. I do not recommend the wood coasters for anyone with back/neck injuries but the newer fast coasters are SO smooth anyone can ride them especially the overhead coasters.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Six Flags America?

A super fun adventure. Well worth. Lots of things to do, so little time. Best fun ever. It was the best time I had in a while. I felt like a kid again. Is such a rush and adrenaline to go on all those roller coasters and feeling the wind in between my hair.

Interesting rides and attractions. A good value for the money. A lot to cram into just one day. Next time I'll take one day for each park. A park map is a great tool. The park is a great day trip. If you plan to visit both theme parks on the same day the earlier you start out the better. I'm not sure what kind of hotel accommodations are locally available for the "overnighters."

I did everything that I wanted to. Was kind of expensive but worth it. There was a lot to do and I did most of it. Definitely enough assortment to be of interest to all ages. I didn't stay over. I went for the day because I live a little under an hour away. I was able to ride all the rides that I wanted to and enjoyed them all. There also was a great selection of food choices.

It was very exciting and adventurous. I would go every day if I could. There are a few long wait times but overall it was great. It was a wonderful day together with my sister I hadn't seen in two or three years, along with my daughter, my son and his son (my grandson). Like I said it's great for quality family time and bonding.

Got what I paid for. Very good price. It was great. It could have been designed a little better but I'm going back. The park was very clean and the people friendly. Rides were clean and fresh. Food was a little on the expensive side but we still ate and were able to get enough to satisfy everyone.

Not good. I was bored. It was okay for younger people. Adults need more musical options. There should a lounge area to rest and rejuvenate... The shows should start more frequent. The food is overpriced and not tasty.

Nice. We stayed at Laquita inn for 3 nights. The reception clerk, front desk and attendees were wonderful. They were very accommodating. They helped to make sure that our stay was enjoyable and pleasant.

Dirty and rides not up to code. Could not enjoy any of it with thugs running around disrupting any fun. Easy to get to. If you are ** I would suggest going to another park with better security and with attendants that have manners and respect. Constant line-cutting and foul language everywhere.

This is the best that one can get in an amusement park experience (at least how I've experienced it). I'm not gonna lie, it's kind of pricey for a per day visit but we had season passes and that easily pays for 3 trips. There's certainly a lot to do with the different rides and the spread out nature makes for good exercise. The thing I have to discount them for is that they are so successful that the lines can be sooo looong. Like over an hour for one ride. A bit much for summer time heat. The staff treat folks wonderfully though. I've always felt welcomed. Again, great childhood memories that really made for some phenomenal summers. I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world. I look forward to taking my kid there when he gets a little older.

Wonderful. Wish things could cost a little less. There was nothing more one could ask for to have had such a great trip. Six Flags was super for the entire family. The hotel accommodations were great and very close to the park and almost any kind of food was available.

At least half of the attractions were close or down for repairs. I completely regret buying a season pass for all the members of my family in February and I haven't used them since, it is now July. Disappointing. I will not return. In addition to half the attractions closed, the food was horrible and terribly expensive. Also upon our arrival we had to deal with a large crowd of protestors that were very disruptive and rude.

I bought a membership and visited the park once. During that visit I waited over 2 hours for Mr. Freeze only to have the ride malfunction and shut down. We stayed in the line for another 30 min and the line started moving again. Once we were close to the front, the ride shut down again and we wait another 45 min before finally giving up and leaving that line. We get to another ride and wait an hour before it also shuts down, this time due to weather. There were some dark clouds in the sky but no rain, thunder or lightning. So we leave the park since everything is now shut down. Since then we have not returned to the park.

I try to cancel my membership and somehow I am stuck paying for 2 more months of fees. Their customer service via email is worthless and it was as if they didn't read about my situation and simply copy/paste how to cancel my account. So I call and get one of the rudest customer service agents. I ask for a supervisor and immediately get to speak with him. I then understood why the customer service agent was so rude, it's because even their managers are rude. I felt like I was nothing but a bother to them and wasting their time. They didn't care for my situation and kept regurgitating the same copy/paste responses... Basically I have to pay 2 more months before my account is cancelled regardless of never riding any rides.

Six Flags customer service is the worst and it sickens me that they can get away with it. I'm half tempted to let it show on my credit report just because they don't deserve my money. But then, nothing would change and Six Flags would still be ripping people off. Never again will I ever deal with Six Flags again. This has been the worst experience I've ever had with a membership. We are nothing to them.

SIX FLAGS more flags NO FUN. Wow!!! What a HUGE disappointment!!! Today we drove six hours on one of the world's most deadly highways (I-85 between South Carolina border and Atlanta, GA. Their highway info signs boast 785 traffic fatalities in GA this year already. Last year 1432 people died on GA roads) only to be told our return tickets to Six Flags over Georgia were not valid.

In the past years Home Schoolers could purchase tickets and a meal for HOME SCHOOL day and receive a return ticket, once entering the meal line, for any day in the regular season. This year some Six Flags marketing MORON decided to restrict it to only Holiday in the Park (from 11/19 to 11/27). They are closed 11/24. Again, only 8 days on the return ticket. Are the rides even open then? They are only open from 2 pm to 10 pm on those days. I was told today that when I purchased my tickets online I should have seen the return dates and not assumed it would be like any other year. Buyer BEWARE. BE WARNED.

I canceled my park membership and wrongly assumed the dining pass was canceled at the same time. The website didn't give me an option to cancel it. I have been billed for six months. Six Flags will not refund my money even though it is clear that I have not been to or used Six Flags. You cannot call to cancel the dining pass and the online account is not providing me with a cancellation option. This company, employees, and their website are incompetent. Not another dollar or minute of my time will go to Six Flags.

Ordered tickets the night before going to the park. Bank showed credit card was billed. Called ticket office to find out why no bar code or ticket number was sent to email or text. Customer service said "all I can tell you is I show it was sent to your email and text to your phone." "I cannot resend it because it can only be sent one time." Asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that there was not one available, they are all out in the park and cannot be reached. I paid for the tickets and bank shows that but never received the email or text to redeem at park. No help at all from these inept idiots!!! Disputing this ridiculous transaction!!! ORDER at your own RISK. ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN!!!

I am not the type of person to ever write one star reviews, nor am I an exaggerator of inconveniences if they are reasonable or if the blame or fault is partially mine or due to lack of leg work to get the ball moving. However, I do feel the membership system in place at Six Flags has disabled members from disabling their membership even after the term of contract has been fulfilled. It is not made evidently clear that cancelling a membership in no way requires your membership number or membership pass, it has everything to do with the one time number given in a receipt email after your initial purchase.

It is also not reissued and having customer support to look up the number is not offered through phone, email or making an inquiry on the website. There is an option to look it up with a combination of email, phone number, card number from original purchase, social etc, however with every attempt I have made, I am routed to a page stating I have not given enough information to generate results: rendering the receipt number is virtually impossible and is inaccessible for "valued members." I have attempted to cancel or talk to a person by phone 6 times. I have spent over $250 on a monthly membership I have not utilized for over 2 and a half years. I would like out.

While visiting my family for the weekend, my mom offered to take the whole family to Six Flags. We were all excited to go. The weather was great, lines were short, etc. Everything started off fantastic until a few rides into the day on Mr. Freeze. My son and I boarded the ride and he handed me his ball cap to place in the basket until the end of the ride. When I was trying to get out of the ride to get to the basket, his glasses that were in the ball cap fell out and dropped right below the platform under the ride. We saw where they dropped and it is not a moving part of the ride. It was on the ground. Now, I do understand that no one is able to get them during a time that the ride is running, so we spoke to guest relations, left our information, and even filled out the online lost item report we were instructed to do.

We were told that we could check back at the end of the night to see if they had been recovered. In the meantime, we decided to enjoy the rest of our day. Shortly after that, we realized that 4 major attractions were not open for the day, which no one bothers to mention when you are entering the park, paying the money that you are ($280 for 4 people). This was disappointing. Shortly after that, we noticed that Mr. Freeze closed down for "maintenance ". We found an employee, explained the glasses situation, and asked if they could possibly check for us now since we were still there and could show them exactly where they were. Seems logical. However, we were told no and that we would still have to wait til the end of the night. The ride never reopened and we were told at the end of the night that they were not found and to check back in the morning, giving the opportunity for everything to be collected.

So, I called first thing in the morning, before the park opened. I was on hold for a long time, hung up on twice, and finally was able to speak to someone, who took down my info and said she'd call me back after she contacted "someone". She also told me nothing had been turned in. She even told me what to do if we came in at close to try to get our glasses. I called periodically throughout the day to ensure that they were open still, as it rained on and off throughout the day and was told they were still staying open til 10. I tried to call the park at 9 pm to double check and was on hold so we decided to drive there to be there on time. When we arrived, we were told that they closed at 7:30, and everyone was gone.

I understand that my personal belongings are my responsibility. However, looking for them would have taken probably a whole 5 minutes, while the ride was not in operation, and I don't believe an attempt has even been made. Now, on top of my mom spending the money for us, we are apparently out $250 for brand new glasses that no one can spare 5 minutes of time to look for. Nice customer service. Won't be going back since apparently the only thing important to Six Flags is making money.

My husband and I loved your theme park so much that sixteen years ago we were married not only in your park, but on the Goliath roller coaster itself!! On February 14th, 2000. Yep, that's right Valentine's Day, sponsored through the radio station K-LOVE. Our best man being the Spanish singer Charlie Zaa. Your theme park was so special to us... I have even maintained a yearly membership with you. Unfortunately, the actions of your staff have insulted and discriminated against once loyal customers that dearly loved your park, and I will be cancelling my membership. But before I do, I want you to know exactly what happened. I will also be telling all my friends and family what happened, and I will be sure to post it on facebook.

After arriving at your park to spend a day celebrating my husband's birthday and paying $20.00 for parking, we made our way to your front entrance. We, of course, had to make a first stop by your security check and metal detectors. We emptied our pockets, which only contained our wallets with ID, credit cards, and car keys. We didn't even bring any backpacks or bags... We left those types of items in our car. After my husband emptied his pockets and walked through the metal detector...it beeped. Your security asked if he had anything else in his pockets. My husband double checked and said no. They patted him down and used their wand tool. The wand tool beeped at his belt. My husband asked if he should take off his belt and walk back through the detector. The employee called over another security employee. This guy tells my husband and I that we look like we are drug and alcohol users.

I was insulted and appalled! I have never been, nor will I ever be a drug addict!!! I am an extremely hard working person that gets very few days off. I requested to speak with a supervisor or manager, as we were not only properly attired but did not have any drugs of the sort on our person! We also did not have anything on our persons that were against the rules of the park! Neither of us were under the influence of any substance! We were denied and supervisor told, "Sorry boss, you're not visiting the park today... Sorry."

We walked away and I went up to one of your ticketing booths. I requested from the employee to speak with a supervisor... Any supervisor. His supervisor... Because I needed assistance. He was kind enough to make a phone call and asked us to wait about ten minutes and someone would be coming out by the name of Juan.

Someone did come out to speak with us but I am not entirely sure if his name was in fact Juan. I explained the situation to him. He could clearly see that we were not intoxicated in any way. However, he told us that we would need to speak with a supervisor or manager of security. I told him that I understood, however the security agents denied us our request to speak with their management. He proceeded to tell us that there was nothing that he could do. I asked him if I could speak with his boss or if he could at least request the supervisor or management of the security team to speak with us. He told us that he would not do that. We asked if our money for parking would be returned to us... As we have done absolutely nothing wrong. He told us that it would not be refunded and walked away.

My husband and I waited several minutes. We then went to the completely opposite side of your security checks that had different security employees. Again, we emptied our pockets, walked through. They scanned my husband and made sure we didn't have anything we should not... We thanked them and walked in without any issues!!

Then, at the main gate, I handed your employee my annual pass. This week you are running a bring a friend for free. SO, I let her know, "Here is my pass and here is my friend who gets in free." She scanned my pass and then promptly told me that I do not have a free friend pass on my membership. I argued and told her that I did... I even double checked the offer online on my membership page. She again said that I did not and my husband could not enter the park without a paid ticket. I asked for a supervisor. Another employee came over, scanned my ticket and checked the screen. Finally, an employee that knows what the hell they are doing. He said... "Its here... Look. Go ahead and come on in!"

Once in your park, we walked around a bit, purchased a blue cup for drinks and tried to settle down from being really upset at the mistreatment. We finally decided on the new colossus roller coast. We have not ridden that one before. After waiting almost two hours in line, I got into the roller coaster but was having trouble with the seat belt. An employee working at that ride promptly told me, "This roller coaster isn't for fatties." I was in tears. I understand that it is one thing to be too short, tall, heavy, etc. and unable to ride. That in itself is not enough to upset me. But how dare your employee refer to me as a fatty! At this point my husband and myself had enough of the ill treatment of your staff. My husband left the park to our car, while I went to your guest services to complain.

Your guest services employee took down my complaint and gave me a conf# **. She then offered me two front of the line passes. Which I politely declined, explained that we were leaving the park, but thanked her for being the only Six Flags employee that was polite and professional to us. We left the park, with three hours wasted, $20 dollars in parking and gas money wasted, did not ride on one single ride, were accused of being drug and or alcohol addicts and judged and discriminated against our appearance. -- Your once loyal customer and fan, Heidi.

When I was trying to purchase the Season Passes on the website I thought I was just purchasing the Season Passes. I saw an option to add the meal plan for $15 a month. It did not say anything else about any other charge. The Season Passes that I wanted was only suppose to be one-time payment of $56. That was a great deal, but instead I ended up getting charged $30 a month for 12 months on a contract that I can't cancel for 12 months. I was outraged. I went up to Six Flags with my brother right after buying what I thought was my Season Passes and I bought my brother Season Passes with cash and he has had no problems with them. I got his for a one-time payment of $56. So if you want Season Passes then go to the park and buy them. Do not buy them online. The website is definitely a SCAM!!!

If all of this is not bad enough the customer service is horrible. Apparently every is a supervisor. I was telling one of them that I was a single mom, college student, on food stamp just trying to get by and I can afford this extra charge. She did not apologise or show that she cared at all so I said to her, "You seem to not care at all." She said nothing the whole time until I said, "I guess I have no choice but to pay or it will go to my credit" and she said, "Yep that's right." They are almost all this cold. They need to take a lesson from Disney in many ways.

Bad knowledged staff. Terrible customer assistance. Lines were unbelievable huge and when you get to the customer service they don't know how to help and sent us to another huge line... I regret taking my family to Six Flags new england. And regret buying the season pass. I spent more money for not fun at all. We didn't get to go to one ride at all...

When you subscribe to a Six Flags membership plan, you better read the fine print. You have to keep it for at least one year. When you cancel, they continue to bill you until the cancellation hits their system, which takes up to 60 days. If you cancel the payments because you didn't authorize them, too bad. They turn you into collections and refuse to budge. Six Flags determines when you get to cancel and they can delay that time as long as they want. Then they make you pay the months you canceled before they will officially cancel you again. And that takes up to 60 days and the whole process starts over. Lesson here is DO NOT PURCHASE a Six Flags membership. A company that large and they will harass you over $15 until you give up. Spend your leisure dollars elsewhere.

I purchased season combo passes for my daughter and family who comes on a regular basis. My grandsons are over 6' and are quite big and are told they cannot ride on some of the rides especially the Texas Giant which is one of the rides they wish to rides. If there is a size requirement it should be made known. Their dad who is also just as large as they are was able to ride. Believe me if it is some form of danger. Please make it known but please be fair to everyone. We paid our money too. What gets me is they still enjoy coming. As a matter of fact is there today.

I had to complain to PayPal since the monthly money went to the Six Flags annual membership ended. They don't have customer service telephone number at all. People should file class action against Six Flags season pass members. They keep the bad established systems on purpose for their own benefits. Please be careful when you join. I hate Six Flags now.

Don't do a monthly plan. Six Flags will force a 13 month by requiring a 45 days notice after the 12 months is required. You cannot cancel prior to 12 months and then need to give 45 days. This is a scam.

Customer service is terrible. They make it extremely difficult to talk to an actual person about your experience... and if it is regarding the payment process or membership billing... forget about it. Any communication has to go through their antiquated and non intuitive website. If you are able to figure out how to log a question or inquire about billing concerns, the response you can expect to receive is a pre-typed explanation of policies and benefits with little regard to the circumstances of your personal situation... even when it involves fraud and identity theft. At this point, I will never set foot on one of their properties again or give them a penny of my hard earned money!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The first Six Flags park opened 55 years ago and has since expanded to include 18 amusement parks across North America, so there is likely a Six Flags relatively close to you. It is the largest regional amusement park company in the world, with more than 28 million visitors last year.

• Water parks: Most of the amusement parks are located near a Six Flags water park, so visitors can easily visit both attractions. Additionally, admission to several of the amusement parks includes admission to the water parks. These water parks have typical water features like wave pools, lazy rivers and children’s play areas. They also include thrilling attractions like Bonzai Pipelines where visitors stand in a launch capsule before being dropped down a near vertical water slide.
  • THE FLASH Pass: Visitors who do not want to waste time waiting in line can purchase THE FLASH Pass, allowing them to skip a part of the line. Three THE FLASH Pass options are available: the Platinum Pass cuts visitors’ wait time by 90 percent and the Gold Pass reduces the wait time by 50 percent. The regular pass allows visitors to reserve a time to board the ride so they can skip the line. Season THE FLASH Passes are available for season pass holders.
  • Season pass perks: Six Flags season pass holders receive benefits not available to individuals who purchase a single day ticket, including in-park discounts, invitations to special events and free extra tickets on selected days. Additionally, a season pass at one Six Flags amusement park is valid at all of them, so guests can visit as many parks as they want for one price. Season passes cost less than two single-day tickets, making them a good value for anyone who lives close enough to a Six Flags to visit more than once during the year.
  • Roller Coasters: Thrill seekers will find amazing roller coasters at all of the Six Flags parks. The tallest and fastest roller coaster in North America is at Six Flags Great Adventure & Safari in Jackson, New Jersey, launching riders nearly 500 feet high at 128 miles per hour. Beginning in Summer 2016, Six Flags will partner with Samsung to offer a unique experience by combining a traditional roller coaster ride with virtual reality technology.
  • Animal Encounters: Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in San Francisco both have attractions that allow guests to interact with exotic animals. In both parks, guests see elephants, tigers, giraffes and lions. At Discovery Kingdom, visitors can also swim with dolphins.
  • Best for Six Flags offers attractions for families, solo travelers and young adults. Also, it’s great for people who plan to visit more than once or more than one location in a year.

Compare Amusement Parks