3.77/5

Looking for a travel site?

Six Flags America

Looking for a travel site?

Six Flags America Reviews

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

My son and I purchased a one-year Gold Membership and Six Flags continues to charge us a monthly membership fee. We both called and they refuse to cancel our membership over the phone and tell us that it has to go through a review process and that they need an active credit card on file. This is the sign of a major scam. Now they are sending threatening e-mails. Another sign of a scam. Time to call the States Attorneys General and file a formal complaint.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Six Flags the brand is really franchises of parks and agreements are with the specific Park you select, if you select the wrong park for "membership" the corporate customer service is unsympathetic to any errors. The customer service will point to electronic contract and not intent of the agreement to have 12 month membership with six flags, ITS NOT with Six Flags!!! The website and membership management is corporate and work to build an illusion of membership with Six Flags.

I chose the wrong park when setting up Six Flag membership in Sept and when I went to the park in April they said wrong park, I would have to sign up for new park and they would refund the previous wrong park. BEWARE they ONLY REFUND FOR THE FIRST PAYMENT and NOT the other payment you may have made to the wrong PARK, you then start the 12 month commitment. In MY case they now expect 19 MONTH MEMBERSHIP!! 7 with the wrong park and 12 with the new park.

Total scam and they have built branding of illusion of Six Flags, only to use as to hide behind extensive electronic contracts and small print and exclude any common sense or customer service with the individual. I completed paying 12 months of my contract and would not release. Beware!!!! Read the fine print and don't be lulled on that Six Flags is one organization - the corporate group are enforcers and the membership is with the specific park - don't buy the fast pass if you want to use at multiple parks, only works at membership park!!

Get expert buying tips about Amusement Parks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

My family saved for a trip to California and went to Six Flags, the day of the brush fire in June that shut down the park. Not only that, after spending money on 6 tickets, we also purchased a meal plan for 4 people and only got to have 2 drinks. Subsequently, I have spoken with numerous customer service agents on multiple occasions, and their customer service is non-existent. I was offered "passes" thru the end of the year, which is ridiculous, because I live in Chattanooga, TN... There is no way I can go all the way out to California, just to redeem passes for one day!

They did not acknowledge the fact that we spent over $100 on the meal plan and did not receive a meal!! This entire ordeal has been stressful and this company has refused to work with the third party, TicketsatWork, who have been very helpful by the way in getting this resolved. Six-Flags Magic Mountain has not offered anything relative to compensation that is feasible and has refused to deal with my situation anymore!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Recently attended Six Flags St Louis. For the second time this season that the park was closed for a private event. Drove an hour and a half to reach the park only to be turned away. Weekly emails are sent out to card holders with offers to purchase items passes, dining passes, whatever. It would be considerate to send out an email to all pass holders notifying them of Park closures due to private events. Returned on the second outing at 5 in the evening, drove another hour and a half.

I'll wait to be told at the first ride my daughter could not ride the ride because she has a walking boot. Would not let her ride a ride with a walking boot even though the injury is long past. It's only there for precautionary measures. Was allowed to go and purchase overpriced flip-flops from the store at Six Flags to go back to the exact same ride and ride the ride. Somebody needs to pull their head out of their you-know-what and have some kind of a system to where such an injury can be given permission to partake at the facility ride.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Purchased the Diamond Elite memberships for 4. That was fine until I tried to add the fast pass to the memberships. First it told me I would have a monthly charge and I started to purchase. Instead it gave a one time payment of $361.00. I decided I would just pay it and while I was processing it gave me an error that the purchase did not go thru and try again. So I did and this time it set it up with the monthly charge. What I didn't know is it already charged my card for the $361.00. Now I am also paying the monthly charge. Tried to use the automated process to resolve but they did not even look at the issue. Done with Six Flags.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Six Flags America?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Headline: Six Flags messed up my membership but won't fix it unless I re-purchase at a higher price. Problem Details: I have two Gold Level Memberships with Six Flags and have been a member since 2013. A Gold Level Membership is supposed to include Parking, however due to an error on Six Flags' part back in 2013/14, the free parking benefit was never added to my two memberships. What this means is that every year I have had to go to member services at Six Flags New England to get a free season parking added to my membership. I have done this for the past 5 years without issue, however I now live in California and am unable to physically visit Six Flags New England to do this annual workaround.

Attempted Resolution: As I have now moved to California, I went on Six Flags membership chat to see if I my benefits will still be valid in the California parks. The chat confirmed that all benefits except for "bring a friend free days" are valid across parks. I asked specifically if California would be able to re-activate my parking as I have had to do at New England every year, and so they referred me to New England park member services.

I called New England park member services and they indicated that everything looked fine on my account and that they were not sure why my parking was not automatically renewing as it should. They then referred me to National Park Member Services. I called National Park Member Services and was told that there was an error in my initial membership that parking was not added, and every year Six Flags New England has been applying an annual workaround rather than fixing the initial error. I was told that the only way to actually fix the error is to re-purchase my Membership at the higher current price.

Net-net Six Flags screwed up but refuses to fix it. I have been a member for 6 years, basically since the membership program started and I am frustrated at a) having to talk to 3 people to get to the bottom of this issue and b) having this being acknowledged as an error on Six Flags part but coming up against a blatant refusal to try to fix this by adding membership parking to my account. As this is part of the service that I have been paying for for 6 years, I am deeply disappointed.

Original review: July 31, 2019

ATTENTION: If you have any type of disability, do not go to the Six Flags in Bowie MD. They discriminated against my husband and I, an employee verbally abused my husband, and now I have to go through a legal process just for them to refund the money I spent. They refused to refund me $211, and instead are willing to pay legal fees, restitution, court costs, and emotional damages amounting to around $50,000. It's so sad. Save yourself the agony, and just don't ever go there. Ever. I'm posting this everywhere I can to help as many people as possible.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I have canceled my account since May 2019. However, Six Flags has charged me in June and is still trying to charge me this month, July. I blocked any charge from Six Flags in my bank account. They are still trying to charge me by daily emails. I tried everything but I couldn't stop this situation. Please, somebody, help me!

Original review: July 6, 2019

Spent $175 to get in, $25 to park, and then find out that the park is closed off until 10:30 a.m. unless you want to buy a special wrist band. TOTAL SCAM, WILL NOT EVER BE BACK! Don't waste your money on this dishonest place!

Original review: July 8, 2019

100 degrees, 2 main water rides shut down. Parking no longer offered on season pass without upgrade. 50% of the paint around the park so bad, flaking off in chunks ie the handrails on the scream machine better yet the whole ride. General cleanliness of park ie trash and restrooms. Not any shade while standing in line though I spent $160 for platinum flash pass. Fans all around the park inoperable. Was a season pass holder for 15 years, hadn't been in 2 years, bought 2 passes last week, spent almost $500. Highly disappointed in the experience. The only thing keeping the place from crash and burning is the great coaster rides.

Six Flags America expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The first Six Flags park opened 55 years ago and has since expanded to include 18 amusement parks across North America, so there is likely a Six Flags relatively close to you. It is the largest regional amusement park company in the world, with more than 28 million visitors last year.

• Water parks: Most of the amusement parks are located near a Six Flags water park, so visitors can easily visit both attractions. Additionally, admission to several of the amusement parks includes admission to the water parks. These water parks have typical water features like wave pools, lazy rivers and children’s play areas. They also include thrilling attractions like Bonzai Pipelines where visitors stand in a launch capsule before being dropped down a near vertical water slide.

• THE FLASH Pass: Visitors who do not want to waste time waiting in line can purchase THE FLASH Pass, allowing them to skip a part of the line. Three THE FLASH Pass options are available: the Platinum Pass cuts visitors’ wait time by 90 percent and the Gold Pass reduces the wait time by 50 percent. The regular pass allows visitors to reserve a time to board the ride so they can skip the line. Season THE FLASH Passes are available for season pass holders.

• Season pass perks: Six Flags season pass holders receive benefits not available to individuals who purchase a single day ticket, including in-park discounts, invitations to special events and free extra tickets on selected days. Additionally, a season pass at one Six Flags amusement park is valid at all of them, so guests can visit as many parks as they want for one price. Season passes cost less than two single-day tickets, making them a good value for anyone who lives close enough to a Six Flags to visit more than once during the year.

• Roller Coasters: Thrill seekers will find amazing roller coasters at all of the Six Flags parks. The tallest and fastest roller coaster in North America is at Six Flags Great Adventure & Safari in Jackson, New Jersey, launching riders nearly 500 feet high at 128 miles per hour. Beginning in Summer 2016, Six Flags will partner with Samsung to offer a unique experience by combining a traditional roller coaster ride with virtual reality technology.

• Animal Encounters: Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in San Francisco both have attractions that allow guests to interact with exotic animals. In both parks, guests see elephants, tigers, giraffes and lions. At Discovery Kingdom, visitors can also swim with dolphins.

• Best for: Six Flags offers attractions for families, solo travelers and young adults. Also, it’s great for people who plan to visit more than once or more than one location in a year.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs