Redbox

Compare Entertainment Companies

Research top Entertainment Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I called Redbox over a game I rented and late fees and they were the over-the-top nicest people to deal with. And this is not the first time I got super great customer service from Redbox!!! Damn, it made my day!

Give more freebies after you rent so many movies and a special section on account to store your already rented movies. Maybe give coupon for a free snack with your movie.

I very seldom use Redbox for the fact I have to drive to get the DVD and return it. They should offer streaming even if it was like a $1 with an option of after starting a movie within so much time and do not like it can choose another one without paying again. If they changed their service to this I would give business to Redbox.

I called because for the past 3 months my bank account had been charged starting with $4 every 2 weeks, so I called and they "resolved" the issue so then it happened again for $6 twice in 1 week so I called and they claimed I had owed money. So then I didn't pay any attention to my home banking and was charged today for $12 so I looked at my home banking and it showed for the past 3 months they have taken $37 from my account so I called and explained and gave them the dates and they still claim that I owe $44 dollars and after I pay it I can get $25 back as a refund for a movie that I had put for 2 days... I was like, "Are you kidding me", then I was hung up on, so I called a total of 4 times and finally the last girl stayed on the line and told me they don't have a billing center. It's a automated system as of why my card was being charged.

This same BS had happened a year ago and I had to order a new card for that reason and once again it's happening again except this time they were rude, hung up on me 3 times and kept telling me how wrong I was and how I owe them money and this and that. So I will no longer be going to Redbox and I now will have to cancel my card on my account and order a new one. So just a warning for anyone that goes to Redbox, watch your home banking and make sure you keep track of when you get movies and how long you have them because they will take money off of your card and you won't know until you look and when you call them and explain to them your situation they will make something up and say how you owe this or that.

Redbox offers many resources for deals on rentals, which can be extremely confusing because the offers come from so many sources, it's hard to remember where to look for the discounts when you're standing at the machine. Also, Redbox is NOT consumer friendly; I had a problem with a charge for a rental and Redbox basically said to me, "Too bad for you!"

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Redbox?

At times, you get a bad copy and there is no way to exchange it. But it's so cheap to rent, it's not a biggie. Returning to any Redbox is a real plus. Rented in PA and returned it in Florida.

The Redbox experience is a good one. I like how it doesn't matter what time or day it is because Redbox never closes. The Redbox has all the movies old and new to choose from and the price is very fair and affordable. My overall experience with Redbox was very good. It's the people that try to damage the Redbox or anything I have a problem with. Redbox, stay on the good Path and you stay in the customers' mind and budget.

Redbox used to be reasonably price for average quality available. They would send good rewards. Rent one get one free. Price has gone up and quality has not, it's a chance that you rent movie and it's defective so you have to call take care of alerting Redbox then go get another movie usually the next day.

I like being able to just go somewhere and get a movie without waiting in line but I wish there were a better variety of movies you can get. I also like the app to be able to view the movie before you get it. I don't like it when you put a movie in and say it is the first time and actually it has been in a week before that.

I like the convenience of Redbox. If I'm out shopping I'll pick one up and if I return it late it’s not a budget buster. The selection for newer and new releases are good - although gone rapidly.

Redbox is a very good company and it has a little bit of something for everyone. I like the movie selection and their customer service is very good. They treat you like they want you to use their services and that kinda rare these days.

The convenience and price are good, but the selection is shallow - there seem to be mostly recent blockbusters. I also really miss my neighborhood video store and I feel services like streaming and Redboxes made the local video store option obsolete.

Trying to get a refund or credit from Redbox is a real hassle. I rented 3 DVD that didn't work. They wanted me to call them to see if they could get them to work over the phone, I told them it was taking too much time that I just wanted to get my money back, haven't rented from them in almost 2 years.

Almost every single time I rent a PlayStation 4 game from Redbox, it is unplayable. I ALWAYS check to make sure the disc is clean before putting it into my system, and yet I always get the exact same issues. The disc will sputter around and spin a bit (it takes nearly an hour and a half for the game to install) then when I go to play a game it will always end up with a blue screen popping up saying that the disc is damaged or unreadable. Sometimes I get lucky and can play the game for 15 or 20 minutes but it never skips a beat and I get that Blue screen. I know it is Redbox's discs because I frequently buy used games from Gamestop and NEVER have the issue.

The cause of this issue could be from the bar-code sticker that is sloppily pasted on every disc that features two very conspicuous bumps opposite from each other on either side of the sticker. If that is not it, then I don't know what is, but they need to FIX the issue and stop giving me free movie rentals (MOVIE rentals, not GAME rentals) when I call to report another faulty disc. This company should have never existed in the first place, as all it has been is one issue after another since they opened up. Sadly people bought into the idea of a movie rental vending machine, and unfortunately that led to the closing of the only place to rent quality games and movies.

The beef I have with them is that their Mobile App sucks, it always crashes and the other night it crashed 2x while I was trying to check out with movies in My Cart! I wound up Uninstalling the app, done with that. Online through a desktop app is good but not always available. The selection of movies is not always the most current and can be dull at times.

I wish Redbox carried more up to date movies. I wish they allowed more time to have the movie out. They are good about positioning their locations though, that is helpful.

Redbox is a convenient option when looking to watch recent movies. They are easy to locate and access in our neighborhood - 7 in a 1 mile radius. The selection is good for movies of all genre as well as gaming titles. Though we enjoy it, I often feel pressured to hurry up and watch them rather than face a fine for not getting them back in time.

Overall good place to do business, honest and you even get credits for renting free movies (once in a while), even though prices on renting movies has gone up a little, still lesser than other places.

I don't use this service often being that I forget to return the DVD before incurring multiple days of fees. The selections are great and it's convenient but I'd rather an online option.

The newest releases are out immediately with Redbox and I appreciate being able to get them right away. It is easy to pick up and return the movies too. The prices are great as well.

From a Redbox perspective, I'm not aware of any product streaming. However, all DVDs generally rented are in very good shape if not looking new. One facet I would highly suggest is the replacement of the plastic case holders. Generally many of these on NEWER DVD releases look grungy/cracked. This surprises me since the disc loads would be the 'BEST' opportunity to make changes. Furthermore, much like grocery buggy, perhaps a sanitize nap dispenser could be handy to assist with wiping down the cases when either loading back or taking out of the Redbox. May even consider crossing to a 3rd option rental for 3D movies... Now that the availability has picked up and popularity picking up. Perhaps provide another Redbox functionality to rent 3D movies.

The quality of the dvds, most have scratches and skip... There is no one to report to when you return the dvd. The selection is good but most of the time not enough DVDs.

Redbox is just awesome, so much better than ordering on demand and pay twice as much. My family just enjoys all the new releases and also new gaming products they offer.

I love watching all types of movies after I finish my day or on the weekend. You have a big selection, price is good, at several locations. You rent movie from other places cost more, I love action, kickbutt movies, comedy.

It is very easy to rent a DVD from Redbox. The first time I rented a DVD the cost was only Ninety-nine Cents. Today it is now $1.50 to rent. The fee is not an issue though. But returning the DVD is sometimes problematic for me. Several times what started out as a $1.50 rental turned into a $20.00 balance. This was for several movies and several days. I think I will stick with the Public Library for Visual Entertainment.

Sometimes it is hard to read the titles. Also some of the movies have not worked right. Other than that, they have been wonderful. They do have a lot of the movies that have not been out very long.

Redbox is a nice option to have. The movies are inexpensive and they have both current movies and older ones. Nice to use especially if you have a family. Makes a great movie night.

Redbox is a cool service that gives you the ability to watch great movies and play cool games too. Thanks again for your great customer service and easy to return movies and games too.

Movies are damaged sometimes and when you supposed to get a free movie they still take it out of your account. Calling them is hard and you rarely get credit.

Good movies, price is fantastic. Great for my budget! Unfortunately, 1 of our 2 machines for Redbox at Victory Dr, Savannah, GA Kroger is usually not working so it’s good that there are 2 of them. I haven't had a problem ever with Redbox.

Redbox Company Profile