2. Miscellaneous

3.9/5 (720 ratings)

About Redbox

Redbox Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Redbox?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Redbox?

Original review: July 30, 2021

I'd recommend staying away from Redbox and here's why. Rented 2 movies. Nobody and the little things. What came out of the machine was nobody and Tom and Jerry. Safeway unable to help advised trying to rent the little things again then contact redbox. I did this. Long story short. Redbox claimed they refunded my money for tom and Jerry. Plus said they sent me a code for a free movie. No refund. No code in blank email.

Spent 52 minutes on the phone only to be disconnected. Called again another 40 minutes. Redbox has charged me 26 bucks onto of my 2.00 rental. They state they see nothing wrong. I asked to cancel my account they hung up again. Finally via chat I was sent an email to request cancelation. By the way. No way to cancel with redbox app. The person ended the chat before I was able to respond. Customer service is the worst I've experienced. I have to now contact my bank to dispute charges. Now here's the part YOU NEED TO KNOW. Poor customer care. Keep charging my card. Not willing to refund the over charges. No way to cancel account through app, chat or phone.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I purchased at Redbox a lot and took responsibility whenever I turned a disc in late or lost it, etc.. Right? Because that's what you do, you take responsibility for your mistakes. Redbox has charged me $70+ in this last week for disc that I turned in weeks ago and told me they would not give me a refund because they did not see the discs in the kiosks I told them I returned it to. When I returned them, I got the "thank you" screen after but didn't know I was supposed to receive a confirmation of receipt so I didn't know to look for one until I talked to them about a refund. I never got the receipt btw until they charged me an arm and a leg. But yet they are sitting there telling me they will not give me a ** refund for their own mistakes. Oh and one of the discs didn't even work btw but I didn't make a fuss at first because I only had it for 2 days so no big deal right? Yeah... Never renting from them again.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2021

If there was a rating lower than one star I would rate this experience. I usually do not write bad ratings but I took the time to do so to prevent anyone else from getting scammed. I rented two movies and I personally turned it in the next day in the 711 Red Box without experiencing any error from the machine. Just today I notice a posted transaction from Redbox for 67.32. I spoke to customer service and they claimed that I did not return the movies and will not do a refund. I do not recommend anyone to use them, you will get scammed.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I normally do not post reviews unless I am that disappointed with the company. First things first, I have rented and rented over and over again with Redbox and normally do not have any issues. Well, the last 2 times that I have rented both boxes we’re having technical issues. So, I called right away to customer service and they told me I would be refunded. A few weeks go by and I am being charged 42$ out of my account. I proceed to call them again and they say they will refund me for that. I then receive a refund for 11$ and another of 3$ the same day.

At this point, I am still waiting on a refund for the other transaction they charged me by accident and miscommunication. So, I proceed to call them once again... I got hung up on 4 times waiting to speak with a supervisor. The last person I talked to (Jai) was rude and wouldn’t transfer me to a supervisor. Needless to say, I cancelled my card and will not be using Redbox ever again. Thank you for such a terrible experience.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Been using for the past 2 months with a Groupon and every time I order, leave my house to get the DVD, the box is either broken or DVD unavailable, thus I have to come home empty handed and then spend time calling Redbox customer service.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Refused to return my DVD I accidentally returned instead of the one I rented. I returned the correct DVD as soon as I discovered the mistake. All they were worried about was getting their DVD back. Had no intention of contacting person servicing the kiosk to find out. I will NEVER rent from them again and will give a bad review whenever I can. It was a Blu-ray special extended edition Lord Of The Rings, Fellowship Of The Ring, disc 2, from a $60 box set. REDBOX are liars and cheats. Don't waste your time.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I returned my movie the very next day. I have location and time documented. A month later I was charged $32 for an unreturned movie. I have a history of 10 years where I have never been over 1 day late returning a movie. I was told they didn’t have the movie and the charge was on me. I will never use them again!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I used one card and they changed another card over a month later without giving them permission then I called to say something about it and I got told, "Sorry we can't not refund your money. Contact your bank."

Original review: July 18, 2020

Redbox keeps charging me $32. And change plus taking $1.00 every other day put of my account for movies I've supposedly never returned. I have been a customer of Red Box since they began, never had had an issue. This is the 2nd time I have called Red Box and they refused to return my $$ into my account. My first call within the same month my $ was placed back into my account no problem after they realized that they truly did receive their discs. I believe Red box doesn't follow by their own policies & code of ETHICS and charges whatever they please. Not satisfied will never return to redbox again!!

Original review: July 16, 2020

The Redbox Kiosk in the Maple Glen, PA Giant is the worst! I reserved two movies online on 7/15/2020. I drive all the way there and the kiosk in not working, again. THIS IS THE 6TH TIME IN 9 DIFFERENT RESERVATIONS THE KIOSK IS OUT OF ORDER, AFTER I DROVE ALL THE WAY THERE! I hate redbox so much. We had a entire night planned and it is ruined AGAIN! Who is servicing this machine. I'm going to Netflix. Netflix always works. Why let me reserve online if the machine is out of order. Why not email me if it broke before I waste my gas money.

Redbox Company Information