3.0/5 (2090 ratings)

About Redbox

Redbox Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Redbox?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Redbox?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

RedBox lies to get you to sign up. First movie is "free"...NOT! Mysteriously, the price changes from $0.00 to full price when you go to actually click to rent it. NO THANKS! They'll never get a cent of my money by running their business dishonestly. GO TO HELL, REDBOX! I'm sure there's some ** among all the fine print. That's how crooked companies operate. "Technically, just barely legal". Well, technically, go screw yourselves, RedBox!

Original review: July 28, 2022

I had to blacklist Redbox in my email account because they just kept sending me emails despite having unsubscribed MULTIPLE times. Their service is terrible, have not used them for 3 or 4 years now. Overcharged me several times, refused to give me my money back. Horrible service period.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I rented four movies from the Redbox kiosk and returned three of them the following day and within 21 hours of renting them. I was charged for two days on each of them. The fourth movie I had returned the following afternoon and should have been charged the double amount. My main complaint isn't that a mistake was made in the kiosk, but the process to finally get less than $6. returned to my account has cost them my business. I had to speak to three different agents over two days in a phone call and a separate 25 minutes online to 'set up a new account' which lead me to a site to enter my credit card number.

I was NOT going to give them any more access to my money. I think they have quite a system of bilking customers who would just give up the money to be done with their shady practices. I would assume that my experience will cost them at least three other customers as friends have stated they would not use Redbox in the future. I never had this problem when I was frequently using the kiosks ten years ago. Evidently a shark has taken over the business. This is definitely not good customer service.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I rented two movies for my kids and they got misplaced in the couch for a week and a half and they charged me $70 each movie. It is hard enough for gas and to put food on the table for them to be ripping people off like that. The movie never costed $70 initially.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I hadn't rented from Redbox in, at least, a year but probably more. I'd stopped frequenting redbox because: 1. Their selection wasn't very good anymore, 2. I kept forgetting to return the movies on time and, 3. The amount they let you run up before cutting off the charges was about double if you'd get it from the store. Wanting to treat my grandchildren to a movie day or night, however, I decided to give it another try.

Needless to say, I kept forgetting to return the movies. Decided to call and see if I could purchase them rather than return and what I'd paid be credited towards the purchase. 1. The rep, not long into the call, asked: "Are you that lazy that you weren't able to turn them in on time? I said: "Excuse me?" When she answered me she changed her words and asked: "Are you so busy that you weren't able to return them on time?" I don't know if I'm more irritated I paid her the respect to keep my cool and offer her an explanation; or, if I'm more irritated at the audacity she had to speak to me/a customer in that way. 2. The two movies I had I was charged $36 for one and $40 for the other. I asked the rep if it really cost them that much to replace and she replied, "yes."

3. She had the nerve to offer a $10 credit for each movie if I still returned them. I told her no. I've already paid for them. How dumb do they think we are--that, they think they can offer $10 for a movie they've charged triple for, isn't worth that much in the first place, have already replaced (for far cheaper), leaving the customer with having paid about, in my case, $20 and $26 for a movie I no longer have? Those movies can stay in that redbox and rot. You reap what you sow redbox. Do to others what you'd have done to you.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

If you use cell phone or roku tv you only get a handful of free to stream movies. It says free to stream when you click on it. It then says to rent or buy. I called. They said windows 10 was required for that but yet nowhere do you see the minimum requirement to run the movie But if I want to pay for it movie streams no problem. Something is off here. False advertising.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

I incorrectly received an email from Redbox including details of a charge. They didn't respond when I replied asking them to confirm that this was a case of someone mistyping an email; as a result I had to cancel my debit card as a precaution. Would give zero stars if it were an option.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

The customers service is very very rude, don't rent from Redbox anymore. I am done with this company!!! I think they are not happy with their job and waiting to get fired. I will tell all of my friends not to rent from red box.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I'd recommend staying away from Redbox and here's why. Rented 2 movies. Nobody and the little things. What came out of the machine was nobody and Tom and Jerry. Safeway unable to help advised trying to rent the little things again then contact redbox. I did this. Long story short. Redbox claimed they refunded my money for tom and Jerry. Plus said they sent me a code for a free movie. No refund. No code in blank email.

Spent 52 minutes on the phone only to be disconnected. Called again another 40 minutes. Redbox has charged me 26 bucks onto of my 2.00 rental. They state they see nothing wrong. I asked to cancel my account they hung up again. Finally via chat I was sent an email to request cancelation. By the way. No way to cancel with redbox app. The person ended the chat before I was able to respond. Customer service is the worst I've experienced. I have to now contact my bank to dispute charges. Now here's the part YOU NEED TO KNOW. Poor customer care. Keep charging my card. Not willing to refund the over charges. No way to cancel account through app, chat or phone.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I purchased at Redbox a lot and took responsibility whenever I turned a disc in late or lost it, etc.. Right? Because that's what you do, you take responsibility for your mistakes. Redbox has charged me $70+ in this last week for disc that I turned in weeks ago and told me they would not give me a refund because they did not see the discs in the kiosks I told them I returned it to. When I returned them, I got the "thank you" screen after but didn't know I was supposed to receive a confirmation of receipt so I didn't know to look for one until I talked to them about a refund. I never got the receipt btw until they charged me an arm and a leg. But yet they are sitting there telling me they will not give me a ** refund for their own mistakes. Oh and one of the discs didn't even work btw but I didn't make a fuss at first because I only had it for 2 days so no big deal right? Yeah... Never renting from them again.

Redbox Company Information