4.1/5 (1961 ratings)

About Netflix

Netflix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I just received an announced price increase. It only shows $1 increase per month which is not so bad, but it represents an over 7 percent increase. That is ridiculous given the economic climate this year. They noted it was to bring us getter movies but they would have to do that anyways to stay in business. I guess they really don’t care about the customer at all with this outrageous increase! Looking for alternative providers that care!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Netflix has lost thousands of titles, all movies and shows by Netflix are **, most are too short, they end stupid, they only have 1 or 2 seasons, and what is left is outdated movies, whereas Amazon Prime and others have newer shows and movies available. Tired of being let down, watching great series or movies only to be disappointed and their support the worst in the world.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I always had the high def plan but times are tough so I downgraded. The downgrade should only be the pixel quality but it isn't. Everything I watched was choppy. This is how they get you to upgrade by making your watching experience annoying. It's a rip off.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

Be very careful if you use Netflix! If you're not it could give your computer a virtual incurable STD! Really, let me explain. A couple of years ago I got really sick. I'm talking about not being able to leave bed, and just wishing that it would just all end. And this is embarrassing to admit but I also needed something playing to help me sleep, I only had Netflix so I used it next to all of the time. Because of all of that Netflix decided that I binge watched too much. They decided to "punish me" by automatically skipping over the "recap" of the previous episodes, even though I have always wanted to watch it. I personally feel like even if I know what has happened if I don't watch the re-cap then I'm missing something. That's just my opinion, and I thought that is what I was paying for...

That went on for over a year. I did not tell many people about this, but the ones that I did tell they all said the same thing "don't you pay for streaming/binge watching?" All I could say is "yes, but I guess Netflix wants to be a dictatorship, and they don't care." I foolishly thought that maybe if I forced it to go to the very end of every episode then maybe it would fix it. Unfortunately that just ended up making it about 100x worse! Like I said I was foolish thinking that I could fix it and now I feel stupid for not thinking that Netflix would decided to "punish me" again by now taking away the the description of the next episode, along with the year that the show came out and the running time, and whatever info that might be there. And only giving me about 3 seconds before automatically playing the next episode.

The reason why I say it'll give your computer a VIRTUAL S.T.D. is because this happened at my old apartment. When I first called to cancel my subscription the person that I talked to said that if I start a new account that I should start it with a new email address. I did do that but the issue was still there. When I called back someone said that it must be connected to the IP address. After canceling that account I moved, now I was thinking that it might actually work. Before starting a new account my old laptop broke and I got a new one. (I have never done anything with Netflix on the new router or modem.) So when I got the new laptop I thought that I would try it again. But unfortunately my old laptop has now infected the new IP address. I canceled that account, and tried setting up a new account with my roommate's computer, and of course because that computer was on the same IP address the same issue was still there.

In that time I have also contacted Netflix at privacy@netflix.com to ask them to go ahead and take all of my info off of their site before the 8-10 months. (I've been told both time frames, I don't know which one is the real one.) I asked them to take it off from all of the different email addresses I've used with Netflix. (Every time I made a new account I used a new email address.) They sent me emails confirming that they have all been deleted. When I tried again the problem was still there, I don't think there is anything I can ever do to fix this. I can't go out and buy a new laptop and new router AND modem. Even if I did I really don't think that that'll ever work. So like I said it's an incurable virtual S.T.D. that is extremely infectious to any computer that is on the same IP address. (My roommate is bummed that he can not use Netflix as well!)

I really thought that asking them to take my info off would work. But like I said it's incurable. I've had people that I've talked to at Netflix tell me that they are having the tech people look at it/fix it. I don't know if they were just lying to me, or maybe the tech people never even tried to fix it. Either way, I'm tired of paying for a service that does not work properly.

I know that since quarantine has gone into effect Netflix has been encouraging people to stay home and binge on Netflix. I just hope that no one listens or that Netflix has stopped giving people virtual STDs. I feel like because Netflix gives people the option to "skip recap" then people should have the opportunity to choose whether or not they want to skip or not. And not have Netflix automatically decide for them. Why have that option if they just go ahead and choose for people?

I've talked to many people at Netflix (over the phone and by chat). 99% of the time they seem that they don't care at all. And EVERYONE says that that is not a known issue and there is nothing that they can do about it. But Netflix claims that they are all about giving good customer service... I've asked to be transferred to the tech department, but they never allow that. I've even tried "reporting a problem." Nothing has ever changed because of doing that. I've "reported a problem" MANY times. I don't understand why they don't care. But I'm pretty sure they only care about your money and not the people GIVING the money...

Like I said before I was very sick when Netflix decided to automatically make these changes to my account. I was on and off sick for over two years. I really can't even begin to explain how horrible I felt. Now every time I watch Netflix I'm reminded of the darkest and literally the most painful years of my life. It would be really nice to not have Netflix rub that in my face any more than it needs to be. Trust me when I say I don't need anything to remind me of that time in my life!

I think it's worth mentioning that I did try and get this message to someone at Netflix that might have been able to fix the issues that I'm having before posting it here. If they did get it then clearly they did not care. But I think it's more likely that the message was never passed on to whoever needed to get it. It felt like most of the people I talked/DMed with did not know or care (at all) about it. Some even seemed very annoyed that I would even bother to contact them looking for help. Other people did not seem to understand what I was talking about, no matter how I tried to describe it.

One of the main reasons why I'm posting this is so that other people can avoid making the same mistake that I did. So if you use/looking for a streaming service and you plan on using it to help you sleep, help with an animal that has separation anxiety, because of quarantine, or you just feel like binge watching, or any reason you might have then I would recommend finding something other than Netflix! The other reason why I'm posting this is because maybe just maybe Netflix might fix this issue. (Although I really doubt it!) I would like to have an account with them, but because of all of the reasons above it's not worth it to me. I really hope this helps people make an informed decision on which streaming service to use. Please if you do not think it is ok for Netflix to infect your computer/IP address like this then please re-post/send it along! Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

Netflix asked me to update credit card information... it will not let me update it. When I called Netflix they charged a different account with the new credit card but not my account. Now they will not credit me back for the charge they did on another account or transfer that payment to my account and they are telling me that the only way to keep my account operating is with Netflix gift cards. How greedy has corporate America become. They steal from me and to keep on using them they will not even refund what they stole.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

Shame, Shame, in the height of a pandemic, so many people lost their jobs, there are long lines on food banks, some people are losing their homes and businesses and Netflix decides to raise prices, Shame.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

How kind, even magnanimous to extend to the general public a whole weekend of free streaming while the rest of us suckers who PAY have to suffer the consequences of an obviously overloaded server situation. Next time you do charity work, could you give the rest of us a heads up? That would be great. Also, since it's FREE this weekend, I'm sure we'll get discount. After all, you wouldn't really be able to afford such a gracious gift without your regular, long-term customers. Now is not the time to start taking us for granted.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I tried to set up a Netflix account. Netflix said my credit cards were declined. I tried 4 in total, they were active and valid. I called each lending institution, one did decline the charge, of course, they could not tell me why, that card had a zero balance due! Two cards had no record of an attempt to charge. The process of setting up an account then required my phone number. After must deliberation, I decided to enter my phone number “to text me a code to finish setting up my account.” I tried 3 times “send me a code again,” each code did not work! I called the Netflix number. The person said my card was rejected but could not tell me why and said to try again in 12 hours. Albeit she could log into my account. Poor, poor process, it should not be this hard!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

Netflix canceled The Society season 2 due do covid-19. The Part I'm confused about how they canceled the show due increase of production costs and covid concerns. But they be be making new shows and movies (netflix originals) like every week??? So why not continue with season 2???? They are just canceling shows for respectful reasons but they are making new ones constantly?? That's like being hypocritical to themselves!!!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I cancelled my subscription to Netflix in October after having it for a couple of years. I just ran out of movies to watch. On Nov 9th they stopped my account as they were supposed to. Then on Nov 16th at 7:30 p.m. I get a email from them welcoming me back. I checked with my bank and they said Netflix ran a charge against my account for $20.15. The most I've ever paid for the Netflix service was $11.95. The banker I spoke with said that this was not uncommon for Netflix and that they had this issue frequently. They told me that the only thing I could do to avoid the charge going through was to call Netflix and tell them you needed them to do an "Immediate manual reversal". This is something that the banker told me they had done before.

I called Netflix and explained what had happened and that I didn't ask for or authorize any renewal to the service. I explained that I only had enough in my account to cover my insurance payment due to go through in the morning and I needed their help to do the immediate manual reversal. The customer service agent I spoke with told me the only thing she could do is cancel the account and issue a refund that would post back to my account in 3 - 5 business day. I again reminded her that if they didn't do the immediate reversal that my insurance payment would either be rejected or I'd be charged $36 for overdraft fees. Living on $772 a month I can't afford that. She said there was nothing she could do. I asked her to check with the manager. She put me on hold then came back and said her team captain said the refund was the only thing they could do.

I asked to speak to the manager and she put me on hold for about five minutes then came back and said she was trying to get her manager and put me on hold again. After about fifteen more minutes she came back and told me she was transferring me to the manager. I waited on hold for over an hour then the call just got disconnected and I was transferred to a survey. I called back and explained the situation to the next agent and she likewise put me on hold to speak to the manager. I was on hold nine minutes and thirty-eight seconds then they hung up on me. I called back an third time and the same thing happened after nine minutes and twenty-eight seconds. There is something terribly wrong with a company that holds these policies to allow and encourage treatment of their former customers like this. I will NEVER subscribe to this company's services again and I would discourage anyone else from subscribing to them.

Netflix Company Information