2.93/5

1674 Netflix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 17, 2019

I am very disappointed I am of Netflix's services, especially concerning the security part. Lastly I had several problems that took a lot a time to solve; one of my former account that I didn't use anymore had been hacked; I saw that 9.99 GBP had been removed from my bank account on February 8th and March 8th (normally I pay 9.99$CA every 20th of the month); though this amount has been refunded, I am really surprised that no one was even able to notify me unusual activities on this account. And the only way for me to secure this account was to change the e-mail address+password, to reactivate the account, and then to pay 9.99$ the subscription. Of course, I cancelled my subscription right away, but the 9.99$ that has been taken from my account still hasn't been refunded, though all of this happened on March 8th.

It was such a complicated process to access my profile settings; I just couldn't go on my settings and change my billing info or anything, I had to reactivate my account and pay for it. This is not normal, it has to change and be handled in an easier way. Now, for the lack of security they have provided, I really consider cancelling my account and would definitely not recommend anymore to get a Netflix account.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I contacted Netflix customer service to ask why I was getting double charged on my account, and again on a different account. Not only were they NOT helpful, they were rude and gave me attitude, telling me that I was mistaken and had to take it up with my bank. Terrible company... Triple charged for over a year on a card that wasn't even designated for payment and no refund. I'm livid. They'll never get my business back.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I am unsure why I still subscribe but with price increase next month may cancel. I have had a couple of Netflix shows I liked but few and far between. Shows for other programs are slow to release. I find myself watching Hulu and Amazon Prime Video on a more regular basis.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I was a customer of this service for years. I never had a problem returning DVDs, typically showing returned within a few days. The new release DVDs weren't usually available until a few weeks after being publicly released so I found I didn't use the service as much as I wanted so decided to cancel. I followed all directions and requested no further DVDs be sent. Netflix noted they sent a DVD after cancel, I listed this as never received and I returned my last DVD in time. Netflix has charged me for nonreturn of a DVD after canceling. After researching online this appears to be Netflix's standard business practice. Buyer beware, if canceling, clear your queue and return all DVDs where Netflix acknowledges receipt and then cancel so you are not charged for a "nonreturned" DVD. I was planning to activate streaming service, after this dishonest business practice Netflix will never receive another dime from me.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Because I have put popular movies at the top of my DVD queue, for the past 3 weeks they've been mailing me the 7th or 8th choice in my queue. Then when I go to my queue, I see that the top 6 are supposedly ready to ship. Either they lie or their system does not work as advertised. They should give up on DVD mailing and start streaming everything instead of just the stuff you don't want to see. The DVD service is frustrating and seems unfair or too random. Hard to tell why the experience is so bad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: March 15, 2019

The customer service has so much attitude. I only asked about why I was getting charged twice on the account and if they could do a courtesy of canceling the old account with no charge. If Netflix can’t refund me then it’s fine but the attitude of the customer service person was very childlike, had to have the last word with a very stern tone In his voice and use the word like “damn!”. What is going on Netflix with your customer service?! Offended greatly!

Original review: March 13, 2019

Movies which are available on UK or US Netflix are not available on Australian Netflix. Why this discrimination? The movies released a long time ago and old classics are not available. They should make the choice wider and new movies when added should be available to all.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Netflix customer service default response to subscriber feedback is to send over some links of irrelevant info. They do not show understanding and fail to truly listen and understand what you are complaining about. Whether it's the fact that subtitles default to on because Netflix designed their apps that way, shrinking credits, pop ups appearing over playing content, auto-playing trailer-advertisements. They communicate that they don't really care about your feedback/complaint and can't wait to get rid of you. Over and over again this is my experience with the company. They express a lack of concern and care and nothing ever improves on the things you report.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I tried Netflix first before any other streaming services. I initially thought it was great. But after realizing there are free options out there I found Netflix to be over priced for what they offer.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The only thing I dont like about is that they don't update it as much as they should. That's the only thing we dont like. But we love it anyway. The fact that we can watch it with out ads is wonderful. It is easy to use.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Netflix typically increases its costs on an annual basis, but the increase is worth having the new programming available. Netflix has original shows, a lot of documentaries, and movies that are not only highly rated, but have won Academy Awards for Best Motion Picture, Best Director, Best Actors both Leading Role and Supporting Role, and Best Actresses both Leading Role and Supporting Role. When my young niece and nephew visit, Netflix has a default profile for "Kids," so they can choose whatever they want to watch, and I have no need to censor anything in that profile.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Netflix need to be shut down because they are forcing individual like myself who could you leave the state with them even when you ask them remove your debit card off of your website. I did not know that Netflix had my card on file until I keep getting a text message and they took money off my card every month without even acknowledging me that they're going to take it. I called them on many occasions and have asked the representative to take my card off of their account. I do not want my personal information on there so you can continue to charge my bill when you get ready or charge my card when you get ready.

I was told that they was not going to remove my card and was hung up on several times. Once again I hate to keep. They are foreigners. It's very sad that you are being forced to stay with a company or for your card to still be on file with them without your permission. The killing party is they tell me an email 3 days ago that I just checked today the papers raising my Netflix building 12.95 a month. I mean they did ask me if that was okay with me for them to take extra money off of my card. I was paying 999 to my knowledge and then sometime 10 now I went up to 1299 almost $13 and I cannot remove my card off of there. I do not like this one bit in the Attorney General consumer affairs, the IRS, the government, the legislators and whoever else the president need to speak up and get all these scam artists included Facebook Instagram hosting a whole lot of scams on their website but I want this place to take my card off of their website.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I changed my billing information to another debit card to avoid an overdraft. Received an email confirmation that my new payment method had replaced my original one for monthly deductions. March 1, they charged the original debit card and overdrafted the account. $35 fee. Customer service said all they can do is close my account in order to cancel the charge. Could not explain why this happened and could not have cared less. Completely useless. After this month I paid $43 for, I will close my account.

Original review: March 1, 2019

The Netflix plan only allows 2 DVDs sent to you at a time and the next 2 will not be sent until those 2 are returned. In general you get 2 movies A WEEK if you're lucky enough to have a fast delivery service. This costs a little more than $13 per month. My main issue is I have had SEVERAL scratched discs that wouldn't play through the entire movie or wouldn't play at all! I just received one that is cracked through the entire disc! That means yet another week to wait for a replacement! They clearly do not check their DVDs before they are sent out to the next customer. In all you get about 8 DVD rentals a month, one out of the 8 a month always comes damaged. For $13 you can go to a Redbox & get more than 8 movies a month. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I am very disappointed by Netflix's new reactivation campaign. They are dropping email by saying "So much has changed since you left and we would like you to enjoy another free trial" and when you log in and are not careful, it displays a message for a very short time that you are not eligible for this offer and will be charged and then moves on as if you are getting the free offer, only to be charged immediately.

I contacted their support, which was surprisingly very rude, they openly said that you must be not eligible, to which my response was then why to email me. The support staff came back with an answer that, "Our system doesn't recognize that and basically since you haven't used the service in a long time you aren't Netflix member." "So why send me an email?" I asked, to which they replied that, "Because your email is still with us as a member," but I've deleted it now. It makes absolutely no sense as for why a company would make an effort to regain its lost customer and then when the customer gets in touch with them, shove him away.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Netflix poor selection of movies... Seriously. 3rd rated movies. From my experience of Netflix I can't seem to find a movie that I really want to watch. But not only that. For the price of a account with Netflix you expect to get the highest quality of movies but from my experience and half the movie today seem to watch aren't even in English and are all subtitled. They can't even be bothered to translate to English. Instead I have to read all the subtitle the most the movies I watch. So from my experience I don't rate Netflix that well at all.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Netflix keeps jacking up their prices and shrinking their library. Between the price increases and the dearth of movie and TV shows available I'm sick of Netflix. They have ruined TV for me altogether. Most of their original content blows appealing to SJW, feminists, and millennials who wouldn't know a good movie or show and don't value meaningful character development.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I see in other reviews that someone's account got hacked and information used to set up fraudulent account. Same happened to me. I called customer service, the agent was not helpful at all. After the promotion period is over, my account was no longer accessible, but Netflix keep charging me for 7 months. I called in and was told: 1. My account was not accessible, but yet the account was being used (by who?), told someone changed the login and continued to use it, therefore I keep getting charged; 2. Netflix sent an email telling me the account info changed, (which could mean many things! );

3. The agent said I should have watched my account (how?), and check my email junk mail section more closely; 4. Do your own investigation if you want to... once you have access to the account, you'll be able to check the hacker's IP address (interesting enough, he won't provide me with the email address that the hacker used to log in to the account I pay for even after verifying my VISA # and that I AM the person who is paying for it); 5. When asked about others has make similar complaints, and what Netflix has done to improve the situation, it was like listening to a recording and looped back to #3.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I contacted Netflix on February 15, 2019, in regard to multiple charges being processed on my bank statement. The Netflix's customer service rep that I spoke to, confirmed that there were two fraudulent accounts opened with my information, including my debit card ending in **. I was tripled billed for 14 months. The rep stated that all the information on the (2) fraudulent account were in Spanish, which was obviously not me. I asked how they got my information and she was vague in her response and couldn't answer my question.

I asked for a refund for the fraudulent charges and she said that all she could do, was waive my charges for the next 6 months. Which if you do the math at $13.99 per subscription for (14) months, doesn't add up to the same number. Not to mention that I wanted my cash back, and not a credit to use on my account. I want a full cash refund in the amount of $391.72, which is the exact amount that was stolen from me.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

So Bollywood movies like Raazi, Jalebi and many more are not there. Then movies like Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna and Rockstar are not present. Then the latest season of the dramas like 8 season of Vampire Diaries is not present and last season of The Originals is also not there. These are present on Amazon Prime video so it's unfair with us who have paid for Netflix. Amazon Prime video has more Bollywood movies than Netflix. Even the movies like PS I Love you is not there. Sometimes I feel that we should cancel the subscription.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have always like Netflix. But Not sure I will continue much longer. Rising cost and more foreign selections. I want American programming in US, not English (most common) or other imported garbage. With cost going up and quality going done why continue.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I just cancelled my Netflix account due to being given the runaround and bad customer service. Woke up 3 days ago to find my Netflix and ONLY Netflix not working. So I got onto Netflix for help hahahah what a joke. Told it wasn't their fault. It was my server's fault. And after 3 days of ringing my server and Netflix constantly for 3 days and running every test possible with my server they said that they can't do anymore for me. Keeping in mind that everything else every program that streams is still working BUT NOT Netflix. Again this went on for 3 days and after speaking to some arrogant American fool from Netflix they still insisted it wasn't their fault.

So with such bad customer service and Netflix stealing my money for no service and Netflix not being able to fix their problem, I decided to cancel. Sick of getting the runaround and arrogant customer service and no one being able to fix this small problem. It's bye bye you incompetent fools at Netflix and hello Stan. Surely they can't be as stupid at Stan as they are at Netflix. Not worth the stress and talking for 3 days to people who just didn't know what to do. What made me laugh is every other channel like Youtube still works hahaha. But they couldn't fix the problem and still wanted to steal my money while not delivering the service. So be careful with these bunch of idiots.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I received an email from Netflix to state that I had reopened an old account linked to an old email last used two years ago. Minutes later another email told me that the email on the account had been changed and I could no longer log in from my email address. Turns out, in an instant not only had my account been hacked but a payment had been taken for a new subscription - in Colombian COP currency. Considering I already have a current Netflix account in my name/house address etc, and am based in the UK, surely the email change and location of currency should have aroused some suspicion at Netflix - or required a security question. Certainly shouldn't be doable in seconds. But no, the money has just been taken from my account. Security seems very poor.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I joined the Netflix free for the month plan. I was having problems trying to get it to work on our main TV but with NO luck! They told me my service was going to start billing me as my free month was up. I tried to explain that my main TV was not connecting to Netflix so why are they charging me when it's not connecting correctly. They told me it's my AT&T service Internet's problem. So they had to charge me because the free month was up!!! WOW. This is Netflix's way of showing good customer service!!! NO THANKS!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I opened an account and am paying by Gift Card. I found that I don't have time to watch, as in 3 months have not watched even one program or movie, so decided to cancel the service for a few months and reactivate the account when I have time to use it. Found out that I CANNOT CANCEL TEMPORARILY without losing the entire remaining balance of the Gift Card!!! I was NOT ADVISED of this when I registered to pay with the Gift Card. Highly unethical in my opinion.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I watch Netflix and Amazon Prime shows/movies. They are both great providers. Netflix doesn't add new movies/series as often as Amazon Prime, but there is always OnDemand and Contour free things to watch.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Netflix use to be better. Had newer movies but since the price increase it seems like all the options are for 2nd rate movies that I probably would never watch in the first place. I now subscribe to Netflix, Hulu, CBS & Amazon prime just to find something to watch. Use to have Directv but got expensive with nothing to watch. Seems like it’s going in the same direction... just a little cheaper.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

It is good overall but the selection of movies could be better. Sometimes we will get movies that we did not order because the ones requested are not available. When movies are sent back there always seems to be another movie fast back to us.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I like the way Netflix finds content that matches my tastes, however, I sometimes think I miss some good shows because of it. I would like to have a button that gives me additional choices, such as "check these out."

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

There are so many different tv series on Netflix that I want to see, and I never get bored. I have certain days that I watch certain things. I have 2 days that I mark as movie nights in a week. It is so nice because I can plan what I am watching each night of the week. I have a lineup on my calendar for what to watch when.

Netflix Company Information