2.4/5 (42 ratings)

About Netflix

Netflix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: April 18, 2022

Price is still okay, movies are so and so. What is really bad and shameful is the movie abstract, that brief description of what the movie is about. Lately Netflix doesn’t write anything or just copies the cast names. Like we are stupid and do not know the names are a little bit more to the left on our screen. You have no clue what movie you will see. This may be just because they cut funding and use a robot, or an idiot. Or, can be a mischievous secret procedure to force you see bad movies until you are tired and go to bed. I am disappointed!

Original review: April 10, 2022

I have been a Netflix member for years and just this month they canceled me out of the blue. What kind of company does that to a customer that has been paying them for years. They don't care about their customers. They charge way too much to just cancel you like that. They don't even care to fix their mistake. Money hungry people. I think people should research this bad company before becoming a member. They don't treat their members very good...

Original review: March 22, 2022

As a new customer to Netflix I watched my credit card statement for the first bill. My statement showed four Billings in one month, all for the same amount. One billing was the supposed total monthly amount. Netflix customer service told me that there was a mistake with the original setup that caused the extra Billings. To my chagrin they then told me there was nothing they could do as they cannot change the system. After holding for a supervisor for what seemed an eternity I was told the same thing- cannot change the system. It seems to me there is something seriously wrong with a 500 billion dollar company that cannot correct mistakes in customer billing. Buyer beware.

Original review: March 15, 2022

They have increased the prices for the DVD plans and have slowed the service by mailing from across the country to get them to me (CA to TX), even though distribution centers are also in TX. USPS adds to the delay by losing items and just being LATE. For 2 DVD's mailed back to them on the SAME day from the post office, they will show the 2nd one returned DAYS after recording the first one returned. Not worth the money! For the plan with 2 DVD's out at a time, I got maybe 5 DVD's per MONTH. I cancelled after several years of much better service from them & am NEVER going back.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

Once, Netflix led the way in Western entertainment, but as of late, almost all of their new content is made for international audiences. It is no wonder that their stock took a 25% shave and they are losing subscribers to their growing competitors. Like AOL in the 90's, Netflix will be relegated to the past. Good riddance.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I selected a basic plan which should have been 8.99 but was charged 19.99. When I called to have Netflix fix the problem. I was transferred to a rep in India who wasn't able to help. There are so many other streaming services. Netflix should really stop pushing their premium service and prices on customers.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I just canceled my Netflix. I'm a computer programmer, I used to have anxiety. I enjoy having a TV playing in the background preferably Seinfeld. I've been getting extremely aggravated lately because I'm getting asked if I'm still watching my show! This has caused my anxiety to come back. Now I got to thinking about this. If I go to a dealership and buy a brand new vehicle, let's say I paid cash at $20,000. I drive off the lot, I'm almost home, it's a 2-hour drive... My brand new vehicle shuts off, the lights dim and a message pops up on my radio asking me if I'm still driving.

It's my car oh, I paid for it, if I want to drive that thing for 100 hours straight, I have the right to do so. It's the exact same situation with Netflix! I'm paying them to provide me with content. I didn't sign up for a gym membership so I could find the remote every 3 episodes. I called customer support. I told them of my issue, and I was told they would take care of it. This didn't happen, nothing was done. I called back and spoke to a woman who explained; this was not an option to opt-out of this nagging feature that will ask you every 3 shows if you are still watching. I told her to cancel my account. I will not be back until it's fixed. Do not force your customers to interact with a paid stream. Bye Felicia!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I would recommend not subscribing to Netflix. The movie content is not good. I have been subscribed to top service for 2 or 3 weeks so far no movie has played properly. They stop to buffer or stop and go to home screen. I have a roku tv, none of my other streaming channels do this, they play perfectly. Netflix will not give a refund for something that does not work. Don't subscribe, poor service.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

My wife and I haven't been able to figure out why the Netflix streaming is so bad especially when the other streaming platforms are so good on our 4k TV. I just found out that Netflix has different streaming quality plans we're only getting SD (480) because we have the Basic plan. The quality of the streaming is AWFUL. We thought it was our internet for a while because we couldn't imagine that Netflix would stream at such low quality.

But then after comparing to the other streaming platforms, we noticed that they all looked great on our TV and realized it must be a Netflix issue and so I googled it today and found out that because we're on the basic plan we only get the SD quality I mentioned above. If we want better looking movies on our TV then we have to pay for it by upgrading to Standard for full HD (1080p) for $13.99 or Premium for 4k quality for the cost of $17.99.

EVERY other platform out there gives high quality streaming for one price and most are far less than what you have to pay Netflix to get that same quality. I never heard of such a thing and we're not willing to pay more to get the high quality we should be getting. There are so many other great streaming platforms giving us high quality streaming for far less money that we've decided to cancel Netflix. I refuse to let them take advantage of us.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Billed twice, overdrafts twice, over bogus billing. I am on disability. The two $35 dollar overdraft fees killing me, as two months in a row they return $8.99, but don't pay the overdraft fees they caused. And I never restarted Netflix, they just keep canceling and charging me. I want my $70 they have cost me. But they don't care about their mistakes.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Beware of the tactics Netflix uses to fleece money from your linked bank accounts. Many years back I had a Netflix account but cancelled when T-mobile offered free Netflix with our plan. This has been going on for some 6 years now and we did enjoy it. Without warning or notification of any kind Netlfix started billing us in April of this year. My wife pays the bills and figured I had ordered something new. I was going over statements today and was shocked to see a charge from Netflix. Even more shocked when I realized we have been being billed for 8 months of service that was supposed to be free.

Customer service refunded this month but said the rest was T-mobile's problem since my T-mobile account was somehow unlinked. Excuse me? How did you get my credit card from some 7 years ago and a cancelled account and start charging me without an agreement? I signed into Netflix and there is no way to unlink or even find this card attached to my account. We were forced to cancel our card and report fraud. Hoping the bank will be able to refund much of this illegal charge. Once T-mobile stops this offer I will NEVER return to Netflix again. Thieves in the night is what they are.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

If I could give them 0 stars, I would. I have now spoken with Netflix SEVEN times in the past month. Someone keeps hacking into my account. I have spoken with managers, supervisors and everyone else. Apparently, they have no way to fix this. They repeat themselves like broken records. Change email, change password, change credit card, etc. ALL THIS WAS DONE.. and AGAIN.. I am hacked into .. They change my email and password, changed my credit card, again a week later, I am calling again. It is ridiculous. Calling again for the seventh time and no resolution. They have nothing they can do, and do not provide any resolution, but the same steps that I have done now 3 different times. I am sick of NETFLIX and DONE WITH THEM!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

The Netflix account is created in India but currently I am living in Germany. I want to pay from here but there is no common payment gateway. As it was created in India it is showing only Indian payment options. I want to tell Netflix to work on this issue.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I've been on the phone for over an hour in relation to some unknown person hijacking my account for the past three months. It started in July, my first contact was in August. Customer Service "created a new account" in addition to the hijacked account without informing me of dual accounts. After two months of multiple charges, I found out about the second account and complained.

Customer service was only empowered to give me one month of a refund after three months of charges. I'm still waiting on the phone for a supervisor that can refund me the other $45 since Netflix says that I need to contact my bank about them letting someone charge money to my account even though I'm the one that raised the red flag at the beginning. This is silly, why is $45 such a heavy lift that a billion dollar organization can't facilitate or make this easier for the customer. Netflix is awful for not supporting its customer service in a meaningful way.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

Is anyone else getting double charged for Netflix? Netflix automatically took $43 this month from my account in 2 payments of $21.46... I’m the only one who uses it so why am I get charged like this? They say I have to wait 30 days for a refund (that I’ll probably never receive) yet they just took the money 10 min ago now... this is unsettling and unfair. It’s Thanksgiving and I could have used that $. Weird company. About to switch to crave or streaming my tv free. Heck, the ads I can deal with instead of paying almost $50 a month for the same shows year after year.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Great service. Lots of movies, both stories and documentaries to choose from. Plenty of diverse selections and easy to scan thru and choose what to watch. Easy interface for search and selection of what to watch. Many seasons of old and new sitcoms. Fantastic service.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I enjoy Netflix however I don’t think they have enough ** romantic comedies. Sometimes the app is not that great with suggesting shows that you may like. I also don’t like how many of the representation matters programs for ** people are centered around police violence. It’s very triggering to see that every time you watch a movie. I’ve noticed in many of Netflix programming that they like to add in these triggering scenes and it’s becoming quite predictable. Overall the app is good and is a good alternative to cable. We need more light hearted programming. Less focused on social themes just some funny shows to watch.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I'm really happy with the service. Everything is as it shows and I have no issues. Netflix has been resourceful and easy to operate. I have always recommended this service to my friends and family. My kids use it a lot more than me because there is a variety of choices and there are a lot of family things to watch together. They just need to update more movies and everything would be all set.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Netflix provides excellent movies to watch via streaming. It also provides an excellent choice of different shows to watch and select from. However, we are interested to find and utilize a streaming service that would enable us to cut our electricity bill.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Netflix is fine for this geezer. It doesn't have everything I would like to see, But then I can shop around For other things. Sometimes I go to Amazon Prime which also has more limited selection but something of interest to me. However, I am fed up with political outrage outrage from all parties And sanitized, Unrealistic Gun violence.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I have a lot of choices, but I enjoy Netflix the most because they have a large variety of stuff to watch. Hulu is great for catching up on TV programs, and Amazon Fire allows me to see new stuff. All ot them are good and really helped me from going crazy during the pandemic.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Netflix is an outstanding streaming service. Easy to use, friendly customer service, award winning, high quality, up to date diverse content, affordable, etc. Netflix alone can meet all your entertainment needs. I highly recommend giving it a try.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Netflix has a huge lack of Latino/Spanish-language content. The most relevant category in movies: Spanish-language movies rarely has new content. The list of available movies has not changed much for over a year. The story is similar with shows. A 2021 article by CNN (**) cites a study, which found that only "4.5% of main cast members went to Latino actors and filmmakers during [Jan 2018 - Dec 2019], even though Latinos make up roughly 18% of the US population". Many other articles have been published on this issue in the last couple years, but Netflix is still not doing enough. A number of articles also point out the drop in Latino memberships that Netflix has suffered as a result of it overlooking this demographic in it's content.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Easy and affordable, love it. Can cancel anytime. But don’t. You will just sign back up again. Plus you can have plans for $10 a month on up to 4 devices and that includes your tv or phone. It’s easy to look up favorite movies too.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I have belonged to Netflix for many years. I do not like how much the monthly fee go up each year. I am paying about $15 each month. It keeps me from joining any other services, and there are shows I wish I could watch, but they are on other providers. So far I am finding things to watch on Netflix, but I wish I did not have to join so many others in order to try out different shows. For example, I wish I could watch The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Menu is smart and easy to quickly navigate to titles by name or type of film. Also, film summaries display quickly making selection details decisions easy. Ratings popularity of each selection readily visible, plus feedback can be made with comments.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I have been disabled for years, if it wasn’t for Netflix and other streaming opportunities I could not have made it. I am on medications that do not give me much time to go outdoors. I spend most of my time just relaxing while in pain. Pain sometimes so bad that I cannot do much. Netflix offers a wide variety of programs that not only pique my interest but allows me for times to forget the pains and uneasiness that I go through daily also allowing me times to stay informed of things that are going on outside and in the world today. I hope that their continued variety they offer will make things more exciting and bearable to get me through the hard times I face now and in the future. May the Lord bless us all especially those facing the same as myself. Thank you for this opportunity today for being able to voice my opinion. May this help others.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I can always find a good movie when there is no good programs on the network. Enjoy most of them and some have to many f words for me to watch. The charge is a fairly good price for the amount of time I use it.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Netflix was able to keep good content across age groups in my family. We are able to watch current shows as well as family favorites. Something I have really enjoyed recently were the addition of Netflix movies. Produced by netflix with top actors.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Netflix is great. The only set back is time between new content or new seasons but there's plenty to watch hundreds of movies as well as shows I think. It would be better to spread out the seasons. I like the user interface. Super easy to understand even for new users. Great selection and a fair price. I believe all packages should come with at least two screens!

Netflix Company Information