4.1/5 (1965 ratings)

About Netflix

Netflix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I would like to see more old movies. And Comedy Movies. I am 61yrs. old and would like to see different sitcoms and movies pertaining more to my age group. There are too many sci-fi and horror movies than anything else. I like the older movies and sitcoms. I am sure there is an audience for these.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Flexibility- I have canceled Netflix before in the past quite easily and then re-subscribed. I really appreciate that they do not make it difficult. Thank you for that. I enjoy a lot of their content but when I am exhausted and I need another source it is very easy for me to make a change.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I had a problem with my payment update, my card wasn´t working although it was valid. I contacted Netflix customer service through their website and talked with them by chat. They were very quick on answering me, and solved my problem in few minutes. I have their service 2 years now, and still very pleased with their content, service and price.

Original review: June 22, 2021

Never again... Tubi is better than Netflix, and how could they start charging more from people during a pandemic!! They are not worth paying for in my opinion, and never ever have the movies I want. I discontinued my account with Netflix, and will never go back. I have Amazon Prime that is a hell of a lot cheaper than Netflix, and better in every way.

Original review: April 24, 2021

For two months I have not been able to use Netflix. Too many glitches. Tried all fixes recommended, nothing works. Tech tells Me it's my streaming device. Wrong. It is technical issues on Netflix's end. I have zero problems with any other App. or device. For two months, I've been paying $ 17.99 a month for nothing. No more. Their programming is crap anyway.

Original review: April 6, 2021

I bought the basic package 3 months ago. They sucked me in for $6.00 a month. Since then it went up to over $9.00. That is a 33% increase. One More increase and I am dropping these Highway ROBBERS. There is many other companies even FREE ones.

Original review: March 24, 2021

This is real simple, I paid for it I can do what I want with it. If I want Bob down the street to watch with me then as long as I'm not using more screens than I have access to (which NEVER happens) I should be able to do as I please. Netflix is the ONLY company that does this....and on top of that they have THE SAME programming as Hulu and Amazon Prime!! Bad, bad, bad. I hope they hit rock bottom. Canceled my account. Will NEVER do business with them again.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Over the past two years it appears Netflix has intentionally slowed down DVD deliveries through the USPS. I used to get two movies a week, then it went to one, now I'm only getting a delivery about every two weeks. Netflix is blaming the USPS, but the USPS is claiming they do not have a manpower issue. So what is it?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Netflix tends the raise their prices on a yearly basis but not even provide us great content for what we are paying! I use to say for $10CAD it's OK but now 10 years later it's $20CAD and what new movies have they brought out for us, just a whole lot of "Dubbed Foreign Films!" I had originally started up this account for the kids but $20 per/month seems to be highway robbery considering we're getting less actual "English" speaking films and soooo much dubbed foreign films! Prime is no better but at least I'm not paying for it and it comes as a part of my Prime account which is much cheaper by the month than Netflix!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I cancelled membership and they cont. to charge account for eights months. I spoke to their customer service and they could only refund 2 months. They stated that it was accidental restarted. They refused to refund the other six months. This is theft and they should be criminally prosecuted.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021
    So I gave Netflix a 1 star for the simple reason they took my choice away. My sister had an issue this morning where, usually, it resolves itself in a couple of moments. But she had to deactivate every single device on my account instead of deactivating the problem [unclear 0:00:31]. That doesn’t make no sense. Because if she was able to deactivate the problem [unclear 0:0037], we would not have to re-login the 20 or so devices that the family uses. I’ve been with the company since 2008. You know you used to be able to deactivate individual devices so you can let somebody use it on temporary basis. You go to an Airbnb, you login to their smart TV, and then you can deactivate it once you are done with that stay. They took that away. So you would either have to make sure you remember to login to your account at the Airbnb and logout. Or if you forgot and you are at home, you have to deactivate every single device on your account. That doesn’t make any sense. And when I asked them why did they do that, they did not have a question of why did they take that away. That is my issue.
    Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

One thing you can always count on with Netflix is another price increase! We have been subscribers for what seems like a lifetime and have seen our monthly fees well over double (i.e. - increase by over 100%) during that time. Kind of tired about hearing about all the great content they deliver as every time they raise their fees for standard service by a $1.00 per month, they gross another $200 million per month or $2.4 Billion annually based upon their approximately 200 million customers. For that kind of cash, they should offer much better!

Once you get through binge watching the few series of any quality, you are left with hundreds upon hundreds of low quality movies and/or series filmed overseas that are either dubbed or you have to watch with subtitles. The trick is that Netflix continually teases you with a few decent new releases to keep your interest up! They have countless series listed, but here's the catch: don't ever expect to see an entire series of much of anything of value or what you really like to see or the many hundreds listed by them. You may want to watch your favorite series that you use to get with cable and find out that out of 12 seasons, you can watch just 4 episodes of Season 3 and nothing else! Just tell me how is this possible? Why even carry or offer it on your site?

As of late, I find myself spending 20 or more minutes searching for a single movie of value and each brief trailer I watch shows another low budget foreign made movie that's dubbed or with sub-titles. Trust me, if a 1-2 minute trailer doesn't generate any interest on your part then you know it's gonna be really, really bad! Lastly, if you find an old series that you expected to watch all 14 or so seasons, guess again! You might find that after getting deeply engrossed and having spent dozens of hours watching, that it disappears from the Netflix catalogue in its entirety! If it wasn't for my wife, I would have cancelled Netflix a long time ago!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I just received an announced price increase. It only shows $1 increase per month which is not so bad, but it represents an over 7 percent increase. That is ridiculous given the economic climate this year. They noted it was to bring us getter movies but they would have to do that anyways to stay in business. I guess they really don’t care about the customer at all with this outrageous increase! Looking for alternative providers that care!

Netflix author review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team