Netflix

Compare Entertainment Companies

Research top Entertainment Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Customer service see that hangs up the phone on me or because they don't want to help me they actually told me to watch Hulu Plus. They swear at me. They treat me like garbage and this is a product that we all watch that was supposed to be happy about Netflix treat their customers like ** hundred percent legit like I'm treated. They hang up the phone with me or they tell me they're going to work on it and intends to move stuff from my wishlist on my list wish.

I had a show last night on my list. Now it's gone but they still off of the show but it got canceled off my list. Don't ask me how but it got cancelled off my list. They tell me they can't remove stuff but obviously they can because it got removed from my list as they can say ** you. You're a ** or you're **. Don't have to tolerate you. That is Netflix for you. They can say whatever the ** they want to somebody and it's okay like one representing a wooden Netflix. "If you don't like it go to somebody else." "Oh but we are good shows." "So you want to see him pay us shut the ** up **", and that's what they literally told me. That's Netflix for you.

I called several days before going out of town to see my payment date could be extended. It was scheduled to come out a few days before my direct deposit and I didn't want an overdraft fee. The lady I talked to told me to call back two days later and ask to put my account on hold for five days, which would be more than enough time for my deposit to go in. When I did, the lady I talked to was extremely unwilling to help me. She said it was too late for them to put a hold on my account, that they have two million customers to deal with and that if I had called two days earlier, it may have been possible. I told her I did call two days earlier and was told to call two days later! Anyhow, even though I've been with Netflix for many years and have always had the money in the bank to cover the payment and have never called to request a hold, she wouldn't budge.

I called back five minutes later and got Shakyra (probably spelling it incorrectly). She went above and beyond to help me! She credited my account for the month and said that if there was an overdraft fee, they would cover it. Right now I'm in the negative with the bank because of Netflix and no overdraft yet, but even if they don't cover it, I so appreciated her caring enough to help me out! Enough can't be said about good customer service and the women I talked to varied greatly. I guess it pays to call more than once...at least in this case. I'm not 100% satisfied but at least I got some kind of credit...better than nothing.

I called to ask for my billing date to be changed. The man said "sure just let the account cancel and then call and we will extend a courtesy for the few days.'' Not true, I did everything I was asked and called only to be told "we don't, why he would tell you that." I've have been a customer for years, and they would not offer anything. I have been with Hulu less time and they were very accommodating and most importantly truthful. Not sure if I'll even renew. There are other companies that care to keep business.

Netflix has lots of movies and shows to watch but majority of them suck. They rarely update their inventory. The only thing I see that the update is a different photo cover of the movie and when renting movies that are slow at sending them to you and receiving them in the mail they put on the report a problem like seven days after it's been mailed to you that you can finally report something. The time frame is ridiculous. Everybody should just stop watching Netflix for one year. Put the hurt on them. There's other sources of movie entertainment.

I've never been a big fan of Netflix. First their multimedia is old, outdated and selections are limited. Even with the massive database to choose from it's not all that great. Secondly their software does not support the most current version of windows I.E. even though it's suppose to. I have to use third party browsers to utilize the streaming. Third their streaming application needs severe fixing. It's slow, laggy, times out, freezes and often forgets what's being watched. Fourth their dvds require a waiting list. With the no return date it can be months of waiting before you receive a disk. New releases need to be added to your waiting list the minute they put them on unless you want to wait months for it.

And finally you cannot delete your credit/debit card information from their website after you enter it into their system. I had to go out and purchase a cheap prepaid visa to replace the information. I've declared my cards stolen due to Netflix not allowing the deletion of a credit card. I would and would not recommend Netflix. Customer service can be either excellent or you can get a jerk hole of an individual.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Extremely disappointed with Netflix. We were billed twice each month for over a year and when I called customer service, they quoted their policy of only being able to refund charges up to 3 months, no exceptions. As a company you would think they would want to retain loyal customers and not cheat them out of their money. Very disappointed!!!

I am a new user of Netflix. I've been thinking about it for a while now and I wondered why they never put Mr. Robot on Netflix. Like c'mon now. I wanna watch Mr. Robot. It's a really great series. I think you should add it to Netflix. Please do. I really wanna watch that show. Literally I made a account just to make this complaint and that's it because I want Mr. Robot on Netflix cause it's my favorite show and I can't find anywhere else to watch it. So if anyone has any ideas of where I can watch Mr. Robot please tell me cause I would really like to know where I could watch my favorite show. I'll even take some crappy website. I just want to watch Mr. Robot. I'll watch it for free or I'll pay to watch. I just need something badly.

I noticed a charge on my bank statement that appeared suspicious. It looked like someone had purchased a Netflix movie I've never heard of named "Los Gatos." I logged into their website and didn't see a reference to "Los Gatos" on my account billing information, so clicked the "Start Live Chat" button to report the fraudulent charge. The chat window connected me with Marcela, who was helpful and gentle in informing me that Los Gatos is the location of a Netflix office, not the name of a movie and that the charge was just my monthly subscription charge. I was relieved that my bank account was not at risk, and my ego was only slightly scathed. The process took about five minutes of my time, provided me with the information I was seeking, and didn't feature any intrusive upsell attempts or irrelevant nagging. For routine account information inquiries, Netflix customer service is quite agreeable.

I have been buying gift cards for almost a year now for Netflix. This month (October 2016) I put my normal 40 Dollar gift card in the redeem box and everything was as usual. It said it was successful. I went on to order more DVDs and streaming on my computer. Then on the 11th of October I went to my DVD account and it tells me they are having difficulties with my account and to contact them.

So I called and the young man that answered listens to my problem and says "your card has run out". I said "That's impossible. I just put a new card in on the 3rd of Oct." He put me on hold for a couple minutes then came back to confirm that my card expired. I asked "how could I still be having DVDs sent out and streaming when it was scheduled to expire on the 4th of Oct.?" He said "they keep sending them out for a little while after it expires." "No, They do not.", I said. "They stop sending DVDs out right away."

He put me on hold again for a second and came back to tell me that they show in their records that I hadn't entered a gift card since August! I said... "Well there, you can see that your system obviously makes mistakes. Check your records and you'll see that I have received many DVDs all through Sept. and streaming." He would not check and seemed to lose interest in my problem like it wasn't worth his time anymore even though I brought up valid points. I don't have a lot of money or a bank acct. obviously.

I Thought it was the greatest thing when they came out with these cards. I was so happy. Beware!! They will just take your money!!! How are we to prove we put the code in the redeem box? I informed the young man that they just lost a customer for $40.00. I will never spend a dime on this company again. I think Hulu.com is better and I will spend my 40.00 on them instead. It sure goes farther with Hulu.com. Netflix doesn't seem to care about their customers very much. I am telling everyone I talk to about this experience. I talk to hundreds of people a week as I work with the public and have lots of chat time with customers!!!

When I disable my VPN because Netflix wants our computers open to hackers all over the globe while we watch movies, I still get the error message. I tried refreshing Netflix and also closing it and going back in to watch a movie after disabling my VPN. Same thing happens. The only way I could find to use the streaming of movies or videos was to uninstall my VPN. Then the damn thing worked. Then I have to reinstall my VPN afterwards to reprotect my PC. Who the hell do you think you are Netflix? If this continues, I will immediately cancel both my Netflix accounts.

We always want to complain about our negative experiences with companies and seldom do we make take the time to write a positive review. So am taking the initiative to do just that. Not going into too much detail the first customer service rep didn't do her job and I had a problem with that since Netflix charged my account twice on a one month free trial because of her not taking care of the issue I had in the first place. Then when I notice two charges on my bank account I called Netflix Customer Service for the second time (to be honest I was ready to cancel my monthly subscription). But after speaking with the customer service rep. and him going the extra mile by going beyond what I needed or expected he change my mind and kept me as a customer.

I spoke to the customer service rep's supervisor and told him what a great job he did and that it was because of how he handled my issue kept me as a customer. I also encourage the supervisor to use my customer service rep as a trainer. He told me that he was already in the process of getting him the certification to get that done. So don't lose faith. There are good employees and bad employees. We can only hope people like this customer service rep will get others to implement his talent. The experience I had with customer service.

Netflix is pushing Homosexual agenda on my children in Category and refuses to remove it or place a parental lock on it to remove it. Whenever my 2.5yo would watch Netflix, the LGBT category kept showing up on her home page. I called Netflix and customer service was absolutely useless. They said they can't do anything about it. I told them if they can't remove the Homosexual/AIDS category from my accounts then I will be forced to cancel my 10+ year subscription. I also have Amazon Prime TV and Android TV. I have no more use for Netflix and their homosexual-AIDS agenda being pushed on my children.

I have had a Netflix (Canadian) account for a few years, as I travel to non-English speaking countries frequently. When VPN use was blocked, I lost the ability to watch/access a lot. I am paying the equivalent of US pricing and I am getting a lesser service. Now, the price is going up. I am paying more for less. I can watch a Netflix Original show and not be able to access current episodes. If I can access these episodes online elsewhere, but cannot access them through Netflix itself (the service I pay for), what is the point of having an account?

A long time ago I took advantage of the free month from Netflix - I only used it for about 2 or 3 days as the site was far from user friendly. Looking for UHD/4K/Bluray content I checked out Netflix again. But I had to pay this time to see the content and went for their more expensive UHD package. However once inside it is clear that whatever UHD content that is available is simply somewhere in their list of movies etc. and when you click on a movie (eg Call Saul) you are not informed what the format is or given a choice. When you "chat" to anyone at Netflix about this you are just wasting your time - they try to confuse the simple issue with all sorts of nonsense. And for an internet service, guess what - no email facility or other way to get your concerns across. Talk about "head in the sand" - unbelievable in the 21st Century. So my new membership has lasted less than one day - I have canceled again.

I am a new user of Netflix. I was hesitant to call tech support due to previous experiences with other companies. I was delighted when I was connected to a real person within 20 seconds! Rose was pleasant, cheerful and very knowledgeable. Thank you for a great experience, Rose! I would highly recommend Netflix!!

I have previously signed up to the Netflix one month free trial, and recently received an email offering me another one. I immediately signed up to this through the email which already had my details, so no payment details needed to be added to sign up. I had set up the payment plan with Netflix previously using PayPal as a payment method should I wish to continue after the free trial.

After signing up I received an email to say welcome back to Netflix, and I checked that it was working on my TV and thought everything was fine... that is until moments later when I received the email from PayPal to say 7.49 had been taken by Netflix! I rang Netflix straight away and the customer services representative said I had received a spoof email??? I tried very hard to explain that I had not given payment details, and it was indeed Netflix who took payment, so how could the email be spoof/fake? He talked over me the entire time and even raised his voice to shut me up and told me that I was not listening to him! But I had to try and explain that the email couldn't have been fake, it had to have been a mistake on Netflix's part. I sent the email to their spoof email department, but I feel this was a redundant move as the email was from Netflix. He just didn't seem to want to admit it was a mistake.

Anyway, they gave me the free months trial which is good, but PayPal told me to cancel the payment agreement we had set up with them to stop them being able to take payment once the free trial ends... I got the impression they had heard this many times before. I wonder if Netflix have a glitch in their system, or is it a cunning way to get people to sign up and pay without even realising it in time to cancel? Perhaps not, but it is fishy nevertheless and leaves me with little trust in them now. To be shouted down by a customer services representative was perhaps the worst part. I have always known customer services in the US to be very good, and in the UK we occasionally receive this kind of rude service. But this time it shocked me a little bit, I felt very annoyed and think Netflix should be careful how they train their staff. That kind of rudeness is unacceptable really.

So I just found out tonight that since my streaming and dvd account with Netflix didn't start at the same time that if my payment is late I need to update my card to my account twice for them to take out both payments. I was like how in the world am I suppose to know that when I get an email stating that "your account was successfully charged and everything should work fine as long as you remain a Netflix customer." It's the most ridiculous system I have ever heard. I had about $400 in my account when I updated my information on Netflix, why should I have to update my card information twice when it's the same card!!! So now I have to wait until I get paid to pay for streaming which should have already been charged 2 weeks ago.

Netflix's system is broken and needs to be fixed. I work 86 hours a week, take care of 3 dogs, and go to school full time, I don't have time to be wondering if Netflix payments are going through when I have $400 or $1000 in my account. It's just ridiculous and all the supervisor could say was "I'm sorry and I'll report that problem because you should have been getting those emails." I'm like how about crediting my account for the inconvenience and for the fact that your company just messed up big time. It makes me not want to be a Netflix user, maybe I should just switch to Amazon prime instead or maybe even Hulu!!!

Why are you promoting movie streaming when I can NEVER find the movie I want to watch. They are no Disney movies so I don't understand. I would not recommend Netflix. Think I will just get the Firestick and be done with it!

We have Netflix for several years now. My teenage girl wants to watch some shows during the summer break. We didn't want her to access my credit on file so we decided to buy some Netflix gift cards. We thought she can use the account for three months then we can put the account on hold while she's in school. We called their customer service, ask if we can freeze our account and if they can hold the remainder balance of my gift card until we reinstate. Rep responded: "Unfortunately, we cannot put your subscription on hold. You can cancel your account but any remaining credits will be void." Per REP there is no way for us to hold your account or your credits.

We don't want to cancel my account. We just want to freeze account for a few months while she's in school because we don't want her to miss school sitting on the couch watching Netflix all day. WOW. We never thought gift card is such a scam. They just take our money like that? Can they do that? If we cancel my account do they have the right to keep my money? The REP keep saying there's nothing we can do with the remaining credits...but we know one thing they can do STOP SELLING MORE GIFT CARDS WHEN THEY CAN'T HELP. Guess what? Netflix gift card is off our Christmas list. At least, Netflix is not the only entertainment site out there. We will look into other company gift card policy and we will definitely switch to other company if they can help us...because Netflix can't help us or not willing to do anything about it.

I subscribed to Netflix off/on since their very start. They have a current, updated browsing system that no longer works. I cannot get anything to load very well, if at all. Sometimes it will load after a long time. But most of the times it is just a big fail. Simply put nothing will load and it's a huge fight to find a good video to watch. I cannot browse the web while the Netflix website is open (I have to close my browser to use Google after I am at the Netflix website, for example). I feel like their competitors provide a better system for streaming videos that don't tie up my browser.

I subscribe for a free trial membership with Netflix on July 15, 2016. I discovered that they had charged me for this so called free membership and asked for a refund. Well I have talked to 3 different reps and a supervisor and they all give me this bogus story about the system being down and they have to enter refunds manually. It is as of today August 12, and still no refund from July 18. This is the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. I warn everyone to not give Netflix your information cause they will screw you over. I asked the supervisor if they could give me a definite date on when my money would be refunded and his response was "there is no definite date."

I am replying to a comment made earlier... I am having the same issue. When I contacted Netflix about it, they instructed me to fill out a police report against Netflix. WTF?!!! Yes, I have the email saved that stated in order for me to receive past double charges, that I needed to fill out a police report for fraud against Netflix!!! And this is not Australia or New Zealand....but in the USA!

"I do not recall signing up for two separate charges or services. I thought I was paying too much for the terrible services at the $7.99, then to find out I am paying for 2 separate services and $22 a month in all?? For Streaming and DVDs. Why on earth would I want two separate services with the same company and 2 separate billings? Sounds like a scam. Then I call the Customer service line. They have no idea, and don't care. If I really wanted to waste an entire day to request to speak with a human to request I be refunded for two separate services/billings to me for however many months they were billing me for two separate services. Then I decide to read up on some reviews to see if others have the same issue. Imagine that, I am not the only one!"

I made a free subscription, try it out and they took $15 off my card on the first day.

Great Customer service! I called today from Italy about a couple issues, and their representative were extremely helpful in resolving all issues. Netflix Rocks, and will be keeping it for life. I think the representative name was James.

Netflix thank you for treating your loyal long time customers like they matter. The fact that you keep our price locked for being with you makes me happy. Other companies should follow suit. It would serve them well. There is a lack of customer value nowadays and you have been a game changer. New customers should have a different rate than those whom have been around for years. Netflix for life for me. 7.99 makes me smile. I always recommend you to others.

The first month free is a scam. I was charged for my free first month. Then advised it was due to the phone being used before. My phone is a brand new phone. Then was advised they will refund 3-7 business days. After that I still was not refunded. Called back to Scamflix and they proceed to lie and tell me it has been refunded contact my back. I call my bank and they states on sign of a refund. Call back again to Scamflix and now they tell me 10 business days. Ask why does it take 10 business to refund something 1- they should have never charged me for, 2- it only took less than 24 hours for them to take out my account. To date I still don't have my refund. They insist my bank has it. I would never refer anyone to this scam company.

I switched from a DVD plan to a streaming service and now find many movies are not available to "stream" but are available on DVD. WTF, now they want me to subscribe to both and this after raising the price of the streaming service. I enjoy watching a movie when I want and not have to wait for it in the mail, but 2 years ago they said they were going to cancel the mail service because all the movies could be streamed. NOT. Of course the best movies aren't available at all.

What is up with all the foreign movies with subtitles? If I wanted to read about a movie I would read a book. Last thing I want to do is read a movie, it is called a movie because you watch it not read it.

If you want to see new shows just go to Hulu or YouTube. Please don't bother with Netflix. It's... SO... NOT WORTH YOUR TIME!! Just try others like Hulu before you go to Netflix. I'm SORRY... I mean scamflix!!!

I love Netflix... their original programming is awesome and the price is excellent. I am bothered, however, about how they throttle movies beginning at 10 pm every night. I am a responsible data user... I know how many gb I have in my AT&T account. I monitor my use constantly. I found an article that says Netflix says they are throttling "to protect the consumer from overages." PLEASE stop treating me like I am not a responsible adult and PLEASE STOP THROTTLING YOUR STREAMING SERVICE every night at 10 pm on AT&T.

Netflix Company Profile