Netflix

Compare Streaming Services and Devices

Research top Streaming Services and Devices recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Other than specialty shows which are infrequent, not much in choice. Movies are old and any newer movies are not available. Searching for something is tedious, spend more time scrolling than actually watching.

I feel that there is not enough variety to Netflix for the price you pay. I no longer watch it and am in the process of cancelling my subscription. I am also displeased with movies that I previously watched and liked were taken off and no longer available. I understand that sometimes there is a price increase but I also feel for those who are already customers; their price should not increase for what it seems to be less and not more.

We are very satisfied with Netflix. We have been subscribed for over two years and love the selection and quick turnaround. The movies and tv shows are terrific and the quality is superb. We plan to keep Netflix for a long time.

You don't change the movies enough. Sometimes you can't even get on it. Also, too many foreign films. Maybe you should have a foreign film section. It sucks when you think you have a good movie to watch and find out it's foreign.

As a frequent flyer, the download option was a significant improvement recently, even if the available options are relatively few. Otherwise it has delivered as promised on the limited content it does have, whether streaming or downloading.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

I really enjoy the fact that Netflix has created original content for their viewers! Their shows are captivating and are created for every audience. I also enjoy the diversity of shows as well.

Was unsure if I would like it after cable, but found it to be diversified, quality of streaming and price to be quite good. Variation of programming is a plus.

Their movie library seems to be shrinking and the prices seem to be going up but they are coming with some original content and their own series which is kinda good. Overall I'm satisfied.

I love the selection offered. My only concern is that it freezes up and when that happens I am required to reboot everything connected to it. It is a pain.

I couldn't find the movies I wanted, especially the classical ones. I thought the monthly fee was cheap, but actually turned out to be very expensive as I rarely watch Netflix. I have found many more movies in Amazon.com and has been paying Amazon Prime Video. Renting from Amazon is very cheap and if I like it, I can own it. I cancelled my Netflix membership.

I have noticed that I rarely go to Netflix anymore because it's difficult to browse. The new rating system is so useless that I naturally go to other providers. If I use Netflix, I have other provider websites open at the same time to get information, and it's a frustrating extra step. The "percent match" is not at all helpful. If my kids use my profile that's no longer valid and, more importantly, I don't care what Netflix thinks I'll like. We've been with Netflix for years and always liked it. Not anymore. "Thumbs up" or "thumbs down" is not valuable information. Movies aren't Facebook posts.

The streaming service is very poor. Ninety percent of the movies are trash. I have sometimes looked for an hour and not found anything I liked. Two to three stars mean it's unwatchable. Very rarely can you find a four or five star movie. I feel cheated. The only way to get any decent movie is to subscribe to DVD's.

Netflix is the personification of incompetence. I subscribe/ pay for DVD & Streaming. The problem is they do not send out the DVDs on time. Perfect example: They were supposed to send me one Friday, Sept 1, I would receive on Saturday, Sept 2. They never did, so now I have to wait and with the holiday I may not receive a DVD until Sept 6, next Wed. This is not the first time this happened. Their service has gone downhill. Also, they no longer have any one working on weekends or evenings. So if you have a problem too bad.

Netflix is ok, at least when I have no other options I can always find a good movie. They have a lot of great documentaries, and some really good Netflix original series like The Ranch which we love.

Usually good experience with Netflix. However, they recently closed the closest processing center so it takes longer to get DVDs in the mail. That was not a good customer service move on their part, yet I still enjoy their service overall.

I like mysteries and documentaries, mostly. It would be nice to see additional mysteries --- I've watched what is available, and I would like to see more.

Overall, I am very pleased with my Netflix service... No complaints. You could have a little more flexibility with billing (i.e. being able to choose the date that my bill is due).

Sometimes gets tricky with the free movies and ones you have to pay for. Also wish they had a large list of older movies that could be obtainable to watch. They have great documentaries though that give so much info that you probably would never see in mainstream media. At $11 a month well worth waiting for it to come on and pop your own popcorn and open a can of soda.

I think the options are not inclusive enough. Right now I feel like I have watched ALL the movies available. New movies needed to be added daily. To see current or recent releases I have to access via the web but Netflix would make them available.

Need to get shows and movies a little sooner. Tired of waiting for shows that are a year behind or close to. The screen get blurred and looks like an old DVD at times would be something that needs fixed.

I adore Netflix. It has such a wonderful variety of programs and series. Compared to satellite television, of which I have, I watch Netflix 80 percent more. It has British shows, such as Call the Midwife and Mrs. Brown’s Boys. I live in Canada, but love British shows. My daughter Summer got me watching Netflix. It's more affordable for low income people and we love it.

Sometimes programs are removed without notice or a season is skipped on some of the programs. There is also time where the program will shut down in the middle of watching. For the most part, the selection of mail order programs is good.

Looking for new way to view television outside of cable. Price and availability was the key. Netflix provided new movies and shows, but little news and documentaries. It just did not offer what we were looking. Price for reruns was a bit much.

I love Netflix!! Easy to use, always easy availability. The cost is great. The movie selection is great. It has everything from the old westerns to the newest action. The children's selection is a plus with my grandchildren.

There is some good shows I like to stream but the movie rentals chooses is only fair. I will cancel if they raise their rates again. Movies do come on time mostly and only had a little trouble with lost movies.

Many choices but too many "rent or buy". Scifi is with many vampire themes. Good movies are a premium. What you want to watch is sometimes difficult to find. Other than that I do enjoy the choices.

Have good selection of movies & shows for binge watching on one of those weekends when you don't want to get out of bed. Wish they had more selection of Western movies as I love to watch them.

The choices are poor. Need more up-to-date movies... And the price is going up... Rumour has it? If my kids didn't watch it, it would be gone. More like 5 dollars a month? Then I would be paying what it's worth.

Buffers a lot, but that may be more my Internet provider than Netflix. There's a lot available to watch, but I never seemed to find anything I actually wanted to see. When I subscribed, I was in the middle of watching a series, and before the end, Netflix took it off the service. I ended up ordering the DVD set so I could see the whole thing. The CS rep was as baffled as I was about it. I cancelled then and didn't go back. My daughter set me up on her account, but it's still a buffering issue.

Netflix is a great place for movies and TV shows. 99.8% of the time all's well though once in a while there's buffing problems. Love it though...

Compare Streaming Services and Devices