3.87/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

1325 Netflix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Netflix is trash. They sold out to Comcast. Now they have all the real movies and Netflix has all the low budget homemade movies. They never add new movies and had the audacity to raise the price and not a little. It is ridiculous. I think I will cancel my Netflix. It's not worth $1.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I've been a customer with Netflix for a few years and like them, but in my second year I started seeing other names in my account that had been viewing movies. So I called Netflix and told them about it and all they told me was to log out and log back in and that should delete that person out. So it worked for a while and then it happen again so I did the step again. Since then I haven't had that problem again. Meanwhile I haven't been watching Netflix for awhile so I decided to go watch a movies to find out they close out my account because I haven't watched movies in a while. They told me that's why they close my account so they told me if I reopen it I have to change my password and my email so I did.

So later on down the road I did the same thing. Didn't watch Netflix for awhile. They closed my account out again and told me to reopen it using another password and email after they told me to change my password and email three times for security purpose and because I don't watch enough movies to keep my account open. So that's why they keep asking me to change my password, they went behind my back and charge me for the other two account that was close by them plus the new account so I called them. The first time it happen they refunded me back all my money. Now it happen again. The same old accounts they closed out, they keep reopen them and keep charging me for them and this time I spoke to one of the representative.

She told me that, "We can refund you only one account back," which they did but I said, "Y'all suppose to refund me back two account not one." She said I watch movies in October so she will charge partial for that month so when December come they won't charge full but I said, "What about the other for 7.99 dollars that you didn't refund back. Why I can't get that back?" She said because that was suppose to be taken out anyhow. I said, "No it don't because y'all told me to close that account out. Why are you still charging me." They owe me 7.99 dollars. I want feedback to see if I can get my money back.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Netflix just sent notification for another price increase. I have already been dissatisfied with selection and the high volume of subtitle movies I have no interest in watching. It takes too long for new things to be added and way too many low budget movies. It takes at least a year and usually longer for popular shows to be added. Sorry Netflix, but I'm going with Hulu which is far better. You want to keep making price increases when I'm sure I was locked in but have had price increase a few times. What you offer is not worth it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Anyone who knows me knows I used to be a huge advocate of Netflix and that is for one reason... How I Met Your Mother! Netflix took it off and I have lost my bedtime show. So goodbye Netflix. Hello Hulu. I have used Netflix for years but I will suffer through Hulu’s commercials if I have to until Netflix gets their ** together... That is all! Bring back HIMYM!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

When I started with Netflix years ago we loved it!! Over the years it has gone down. We have watched everything and it was something the whole family enjoyed doing. They have taken so many of our favorite shows off and added all the bs... I cancelled my subscription after 4 years and just decided last night to activate it again (it's been about 3 months wanted to see if they had anything new). After subscribing I get an e-mail saying the price is going up in December. Now here's my real question!!?? I understand Netflix is in debt but is it really fair to say you're bumping the price up so you can add more movies?? Why can't you say "we messed up by adding all these high rated movies and can't afford to pay out therefore we need you (the customers) to pull us out of debt"?? Be honest with your customers!!! So once again I'm cancelling my subscription and going somewhere else!! Thanks Netflix!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Netflix customer service has been amazing every time I've called. I've never been on hold for longer than 1 minute, never been given wrong info. Comcast and DIRECTV have some major learning to do. Thank you Netflix for never having done me wrong like the other companies have. You have never overcharged me like the other companies have either.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

My account was hacked. Us being forced to close our account because we did not have our credit card at the moment to confirm our identity. When we called back within 1 hour to confirm they would not grant us our seniority since before 2012 at the price we had. They wanted to charge us more. Asked to speak with supervisor and no one came on. They either hide or the employees refused to put them on. We spoke to 4 representatives.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I love Netflix, don’t get me wrong, but hearing about all of the fantastic and entertaining content they are removing from the website makes me VERY upset. For example, some classics like The Break-Up and Sky High are just a small amount that I LOVE to watch whenever I feel like it. Netflix also took off The Titanic, which made me consider deleting my account altogether. So ATTENTION NETFLIX, you will be losing an extreme amount of publicity and popularity if you keep up with all of these removals. I might just end up having to switch to another company like Hulu or Vudu.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

It is quite annoying realizing that I can't select shows by fast scanning the stars ranking. Though I don't know whether the star system is deleted for good or only a short-term problem, hope they will get fixed soon.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Used to be a great service. They took away the rating system - which was a great system that let customers actually review the content - and replaced it with a system that does not work, doesn't allow feedback, and doesn't actually help you find anything. (Pretty sure this was all because they were getting such horrible reviews on their failed Amy Schumer bit). They've now taken down a SEVERE number of series that they used to have available and replaced them with much more mediocre series that are produced by them. I only keep my subscription for a few movies and shows - they get rid of those too, and I'm gone.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

What chaps my cheeks about Netflix the most... is how when I click on a movie or show to add to my list, it automatically starts playing... and adds an additional 20 seconds to add the feature to my playlist... or to remove it... or to select an episode... or to just read about the feature... What doesn't chap my cheeks, but does hinder my heart, is how there are only 8 episodes of The Defenders... I work out at home, and only watch superhero stories when I want to workout, to get me motivated... I've stretched out the defenders as long as I could, but it's about to be completed. On a related matter... Sense8! Roar!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I have had the DVD service and the streaming both. The service has been great, if my bank acct is dry, they wait patiently, and then continue on as usual once payment goes thru. I have no complaints so far.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Netflix is having technical difficulties which are interfering with my ability to use my account. I have spent hours on the phone with Netflix customer service agents & floor supervisors & everyone is telling me something different. One supervisor admitted there is a "known issue affecting many customers" but the agents and some other supervisors don't seem to know anything about it... or just won't admit it. I'm frustrated with all the hours on the phone trying to get this straightened out. Some calls are routed overseas. Some agents are rude & incompetent. They finally said only way to fix is cancel service and open new account. And now ANOTHER PRICE INCREASE! When I first signed up for Netflix years ago there weren't a lot of other options... now there are. Shopping around for better service!!! I see HULU is about the same price & has Seinfeld & tons of other good stuff!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I wish there were more current releases of movies and easier way to find these movies. I like to see more classic tv shows such as Donna Reed and Father Knows Best.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I love Netflix due to the fact that when I'm stressing and need a movie to help me relax there's my Netflix. It helped a lot especially through my knee surgery.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I enjoy Netflix, they have a great variety of movies for all ages which is great. They are doing a great job. Thank you very much. GOD BLESS. KEEP UP THE GOOD JOB.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Netflix is an excellent choice to streaming and it has a wide variety of choices. No matter what you're into, you'll find something to watch. I personally love the comedy specials.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Netflix offers our family the flexibility to view a wide variety of movies, tv shows, documentaries, etc. There is something for the entire family! Each family member can customize their own viewing experience.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Really appreciate having Netflix. We have only had Netflix for 1.5 years but plan on continuing. There is much to chose from and we are still getting used to finding things we like - we are seniors and find that a lot of shows are a bit more than we like to watch which is a downside. However, if it is something we don't like, it is very easy to stop watching and find something new and better. This programming certainly beats watching all the advertising of normal television. I know there has to be advertising but 8 to 9 spots in a normal half hour show is too much. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

You watch a movie to see how it ends. Too often Netflix just ends it before it is over. They are adding too many foreign speaking movies. I have to check up to 4 movies to find one that is an English speaking show. Good shows are getting to be harder to find. I have canceled one TV and I am thinking about cancelling the last one.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I enjoy the ability to binge watch an entire series. Most of the time suggestions are interesting. There is a lot that I do not watch, however. Overall, Netflix is providing solid viewing choices in that I can usually find something to watch.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I love Netflix! They have many different movies and a lot of original series. Netflix is very easy to use and they are not expensive at all. I could have had it this whole time.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I find that Netflix is easy to use and has a lot of movies and series available to watch. Unfortunately many of the movies are older, foreign and second rate movies. The newer movies are not available even after they have come out as DVDs.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I love having Netflix without having to foot a big bill and having to run out to rent a movie and being charged late fees for not returning it on time. Netflix has such a large selection to choose from and I love that they have their own series to choice from and something for everyone.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Netflix has a large variety of movies and tv shows to pick from and can get quite addictive. I first started watching Netflix when I worked the overnight position at my job!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Netflix has great variety of shows for all family members. We enjoy sharing an account and everyone loves original programs like Kimmy and OITNB! Thanks Netflix.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Netflix used to be the end all be all. I'm not sure what happened, but the content pool continually gets smaller. Decent movies cycle in and out and low quality movies stay forever. There isn't a way to filter out what you've already watched, so you see the same movies over and over, even if you've rated them poorly, to give the illusion that there are more choices than there actually are. Cancelled my subscription. Will re-up for a few months when Stranger Things comes back on, but will cancel afterward.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I like the convenience of watching good shows on Netflix and I can stream on all my devices. I have really enjoyed using it but I would like to see more recent movies streamed.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I gave myself Netflix as a Christmas present two years ago. It is a gift that keeps on giving. My friend who has cable never has anything he wants to watch but I can watch anything at any time with Netflix. Their Netflix own produced shows are really great like Frankie and Grace and Orange is the New Black. The only thing lacking is they don't have a lot of movies if you have the internet version. You have to subscribe to the disc version to be sent to your house. The two subscriptions would make it too expensive for me so I just stick to Netflix on the laptop and go to Redbox where I can get instant gratification cheaper for movies. Overall for the selections available Netflix is a great buy and I would not give it up.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Netflix has too many useless B movies and too many outdated movies way past their time. It takes forever to find a movie you’ll like only to discover it's another B movie.

Netflix expert review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

• Best for: people who want a variety of older movies and TV shows streamed on multiple devices.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout