Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.18/5
Based on 2,811 ratings submitted in the last year

Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Netflix Reviews

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Unless you have cable to access movies, Netflix has proven a winner with our family. Their list of outstanding movies, past and present, are always available, and at a reasonably low price. It sure beats spending $6-$10 bucks at the movie theater with all the cell phone conversations interfering with what at times are life-changing moments of the visions of the human race as they struggle and transcend crappy, heartbreaking stuff. It has also been a joy to view some outstanding foreign films plus the classics from Hollywood and documentaries. To know that we can always choose Gone with the Wind, ROSEBUD, CHINA TOWN, CLOSE ENCOUNTERS of the THIRD KIND, One flew over the CUCKOO'S NEST, TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY, Being There, STAR MAN, on and on, as well as catching up on the latest films. Being a member of Netflix can't be beat.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

The experience I've had with Netflix is mostly good. I am happy with their streaming quality and I like that I can adjust the quality to match whatever bandwidth I've got going on. The cost of their service is very affordable. The customer service is great...Most issues I have encountered have been taken care of in a matter of minutes! Their exclusive movies and series are almost always winners and they regularly add new movies to their lineup - particularly family movies, which is nice for us! I would like to see more new movies added more often, especially blockbuster type movies. It would also be nice if they didn't have so many voiced over foreign films in their lineup. Nothing against these movies, it's just that the voice over drives me nuts!

Get expert buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Hi, I am writing this review because I was amazed at the support I just received from Netflix's customer service. I'm just a college student, and I never normally write reviews. I wasn't paid to write this review at all. So I received an email from Netflix saying that my account was accessed from Westminster, United Kingdom (I lived in the US). Then, an email saying my password has changed. Finally, that my email associated to the account was updated to a different email. Immediately, I knew my account was hacked.

The email had a section saying, "If you did not ask to change your password we are here to help secure your account, just contact us." This allowed me to call up the Netflix customer service. I thought I would be linked to an automated service (like Lyft, Uber, or any other lazy tech company has in place in order to cut operation costs), but instead I was connected (within 1 minute) to a REAL person on the phone, who was super helpful.

She verified my account information, and within a couple minutes helped me win back control over my account. I am amazed at the customer service Netflix has given me. Again, there's a reason I decided to Google "Netflix Reviews" in order to write this review somewhere and expose this to the world. More tech companies need to learn from these customer service practices and put them in place. This was great. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

NetFlix has a wide variety of movies and shows, the picture quality is good enough since we're not videophiles, sometimes we will be watching something and for a split moment the screen goes black which is probably due to internet speed once in a while lags. I kind of wish Netflix would put their entire library on the internet instead of having to order DVDs for a lot of films, but maybe that would require a huge increase in the cost of the servicing since they would have to be able to stream a lot more stuff?

Plus sometimes when I get a DVD it has scratches and is unplayable but NetFlix will send another just takes a bit of time. Otherwise it great to be able to watch shows in a much shorter time frame without having to deal with 20 minutes of advertising garbage that I have no interest in anyways! And it's a lot cheaper than cable which has more issues with video quality than NetFlix, plus I have control over what I want to see and when I want to see it; so I no longer have cable, just NetFlix and antenna tv.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Netflix is the first streaming service I’ve ever subscribed to though I now have three. I find that it has an extensive library of entertainment and have enjoyed countless hours of viewing. I’ve watched so many shows and movies that I even keel a list of all my favorites which I happily supply to my family and friends who ask for recommendations. I feel like I’ve become quite a connoisseur of entertainment. I have especially enjoyed the many British and Australian shows; most of which I would probably have never gotten a chance to watch if it hadn’t been for Netflix. I also particularly like the Netflix original series - of course, starting with Orange is the New Black. I watch almost each and every recommendation that the service offers to me and it’s always on point!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I like Netflix but I’m getting to the point where I don’t want to use it anymore because Netflix cuts out scenes from movies and tv shows. With the TV show Friends, almost every episode has scenes cut out.. For example The One with All The Poker. The scene where the monkey keeps play “in the jungle” and Ross, Chandler and Joey start dancing. Ya that scene is gone and so many more. Watching Jack** 3 they cut out the part where Bam super glues his hand to Dunn’s beard and when Bam uses the solution to clean the glue off his hands and burns himself. That’s also gone. This should not be allowed.. We as customers pay to watch out our favourite shows and movies in full. Not to have stuff cut out for no reason.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I signed up for a free trial yesterday, today I'm expected to pay. Their reason is because an account is linked to the IPS. That is retarded considering some people do rent out rooms. Upon looking at what they offer viewers everything is old and frankly can be seen elsewhere free (streaming). So I'll be canceling. A waste of $8.99. Stay clear of Netflix. They are not only greedy but not worth the cost for what they are offering viewers. Invest into a Roku (I have one and find it useful).

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I was charged 2 times a month since March 2017 (34 times) which I noticed only a week ago. When I called Netflix customer service, they acknowledge it being incorrect and duplicate charges and credited for last 6 months. However, they said that they cannot credit for 28 duplicate charges which totals around $400. I talked to the multiple times and I was always told that they cannot give me credit despite of its incorrect and duplicate charges. I don't know where should I go to complain or to whom should I talk further to get my money back. This seems to be SCAM from them to get more money and if consumer doesn't catch it then it is their money.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I have never had much success with the Customer Service Dept. at NF but haven’t needed them enough for it to be a reason to stop my service... until today. I noticed a charge for my service as I always do but this month I noticed another charge two days later for another 9.71 (basic subscription). I tried logging in using old email addresses to see if an old account somehow was still open but no luck. This prompted me to call to address the issue and make sure I cancelled the other account. I assumed it was likely my oversight so I wasn’t necessarily looking for any refund or anything but I wasn’t even able to get to that point before this rep changed my feelings about the company altogether.

After asking me various questions and cutting me off mid word to ask another she found the second account within 20 seconds or so. Before I could even react she began to smugly laugh at my misfortune and say that it had been going on since 3/2019 and I should’ve noticed. I was so taken back by her response that it made me defensive at first asking that can she see that I don’t use the account and it hadn’t been logged into or paired with a device in that time either.

Still snickering, she continued pointing out how dumb I had been which led me to eventually lose my cool and shout various curse words with the message to cancel the account. She came back and said it was canceled and I told her to “** off “, etc., etc. etc. Bottom line is the jumping the gun on my inquiry (wasn’t intending to ask for any refund) and making assumptions that led her to not only offend me but end up making a shitty situation 100 times worse. I am canceling my other account now too and I will not use Netflix again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I had a Netflix account until today through my cell phone provider. When the fee for Netflix increased, my provider passed that $2 on to me. That was annoying, but not enough to cancel. I did cancel today over personal issues I have with content. I contacted my cell provider, requested the cancelation and it was completed. I immediately went to the Netflix site, canceled via the site and then attempted to remove my financial information which hadn't been used in a few years (due to the cell provider picking up the tab). I wasn't able to remove it but I did receive the cancelation verification email.

A few hours later I received another email welcoming me back to the service. I hadn't signed back up! My card was charged and I immediately contacted Netflix support. Said I should have contacted them within 24 hours (it had been about 5!) and removed my card info. I told her I tried, but then she told me she would do a courtesy refund "this time." I'm not sure how I could have made it more clear that I wanted my account canceled, despite my cell provider just covering the bill for another 23 days yet. Then I was told the refund could be up to 6 weeks coming.

I had to contact Netflix again to ensure that my financial info was actually removed (it hadn't been yet) and then told it could take 24 hours OR MORE to remove it. No end time....just "or more." Finally, the third time I contacted them I received an email stating that my account was credited less than they charged my bank. So I have already paid for a service that I now am not using but they are using twice as much of my money than should have. Horrible company.

Not sure about Netflix?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right car insurance for you.

Netflix expert review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

• Best for: people who want a variety of older movies and TV shows streamed on multiple devices.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team