Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.22/5
Based on 2,864 ratings submitted in the last year

Netflix Reviews

Original review: May 21, 2020

Live stream is one of the newest thing we have to be able to watch while we're away from home. Netflix has great quality service. You can binge watch series that you may have wanted to watch but didn't want to watch from season 4. Just start it at season 1 and go. Don't have to be at home, you just take it with you. Sit outside by your pool and still watch your favorite movie. Netflix is up on new movies. Adding new ones everyday. They also show you what you might be interested in by what you watch. A big variety of new movies and series as well as old ones you might have forgotten. Need to take advantage of Netflix versus cable or satellite TV.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Not sure problem I had other day was because of Netfix, Roku, or Fios, but I contacted Netflix and rep stayed with me in the online chat for almost an hour. She was very courteous and helpful. (Forgot her name, was it Michelle!) Turned out had to update password! As far as viewing is concerned, would appreciate if Netflix could do something about options regarding how many person could view at the same time. And how persons could log into their own "page" or whatever they call it. I have a Roku, and my daughter owns the Netflix account, but on Roku, I can log onto to my own page! I'm using the "main" page, which is owner of the account with Netflix. Do not have this problem with my iPad.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I first started with Netflix years ago. Then I tried Hulu... which I rarely watch because the plan I have makes me watch commercials. The whole reason for going to streaming was to alleviate those commercials. Although not having commercials, I find I am not going to the fridge as much and thus have lost weight... win/win. Also on Hulu, if you stop the program you are watching, you have to start over again and find the place where you ended. Very poor. I also am currently on Prime through a promo. I have not been impressed with Prime. But that may be my inability to travel around the Prime conglomerate. All to say is that I came back to Netflix and it has everything that I need or want at this point in time.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Unless you have cable to access movies, Netflix has proven a winner with our family. Their list of outstanding movies, past and present, are always available, and at a reasonably low price. It sure beats spending $6-$10 bucks at the movie theater with all the cell phone conversations interfering with what at times are life-changing moments of the visions of the human race as they struggle and transcend crappy, heartbreaking stuff. It has also been a joy to view some outstanding foreign films plus the classics from Hollywood and documentaries. To know that we can always choose Gone with the Wind, ROSEBUD, CHINA TOWN, CLOSE ENCOUNTERS of the THIRD KIND, One flew over the CUCKOO'S NEST, TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY, Being There, STAR MAN, on and on, as well as catching up on the latest films. Being a member of Netflix can't be beat.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

The experience I've had with Netflix is mostly good. I am happy with their streaming quality and I like that I can adjust the quality to match whatever bandwidth I've got going on. The cost of their service is very affordable. The customer service is great...Most issues I have encountered have been taken care of in a matter of minutes! Their exclusive movies and series are almost always winners and they regularly add new movies to their lineup - particularly family movies, which is nice for us! I would like to see more new movies added more often, especially blockbuster type movies. It would also be nice if they didn't have so many voiced over foreign films in their lineup. Nothing against these movies, it's just that the voice over drives me nuts!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: July 1, 2020

I have kept track of the days I was able to successfully use Netflix vs the days I haven't been able to. Both on our Philips tv and Vizio TV. Not worth $10 a month. Netflix customer service was quick to blame either our TV or our wifi. Instead of reimbursing us for the few days we weren't able to watch. I know others could get a credit per reviews and screenshots of the chats with customer service so I assumed they wanted to keep customers. I was definitely wrong.

Customer service was not helpful whatsoever. It would be like keeping a cell phone you could only use so many days a month but you had to pay for a full month. I get everything has issues but it was sad how it was handled. We ended up canceling our service and getting a refund since we literally just paid for the month. It is what it is but so many other streaming networks have what netflix does. They need to re-evaluate cause I think I would have rather pro rated a customer and gave them money back for a couple days instead of them canceling then having to give a full return.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I've been using Netflix for a very long time. I don't know if they've grown too fast, or if they just make bad choices. Either way, I'm tired of them, I'm searching for another streaming site to sign up with. NetFlix now has boring shows and movies, shows and movies that aren't relevant to me, are nothing that I like, and it just keeps getting worse. Quality programs have been replaced by fodder and garbage. And most all of the new content they get is nothing but Bollywood junk! I've sent them suggestions for years, obviously falling on deaf ears. They just don't care. Another company that's gone megalomaniacal with power and greed. They don't care about their customers. And besides having nothing to watch on there anymore, the price has doubled. The more useless and worthless programs and movies they get, the higher they jack up the price!!!

Original review: May 29, 2020

I think Netflix has a really great streaming service. I've had others that I was not happy with, other ones that have charged me for things that I was watching when I wasn't aware they were going to, I didn't know that they were not free to watch. Netflix never charges you extra anything and it always streams very smoothly. There's no buffering or nothing. It's a great streaming service.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Netflix allows me to binge awesome content, both Netflix original content and movies and shows. Their original content has great variety and are well done. The content from tv and movies also have great variety. As someone who is on disability and quarantined, Netflix has kept me entertained. While I do have other streaming services (Amazon Prime, Hulu, YouTube premium), Netflix is my go-to when I'm looking for awesome entertainment.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I really like NetFlix, one of the best out there. The content is very current and the original programming is better than most of the other channels. They even do their own movies and get considered for the Academy Awards! ALL in all, I would highly recommend NetFlix.

Netflix author review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team