4.0/5 (731 ratings)

About Netflix

Netflix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I enjoy Netflix however I don’t think they have enough ** romantic comedies. Sometimes the app is not that great with suggesting shows that you may like. I also don’t like how many of the representation matters programs for ** people are centered around police violence. It’s very triggering to see that every time you watch a movie. I’ve noticed in many of Netflix programming that they like to add in these triggering scenes and it’s becoming quite predictable. Overall the app is good and is a good alternative to cable. We need more light hearted programming. Less focused on social themes just some funny shows to watch.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I'm really happy with the service. Everything is as it shows and I have no issues. Netflix has been resourceful and easy to operate. I have always recommended this service to my friends and family. My kids use it a lot more than me because there is a variety of choices and there are a lot of family things to watch together. They just need to update more movies and everything would be all set.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I have belonged to Netflix for many years. I do not like how much the monthly fee go up each year. I am paying about $15 each month. It keeps me from joining any other services, and there are shows I wish I could watch, but they are on other providers. So far I am finding things to watch on Netflix, but I wish I did not have to join so many others in order to try out different shows. For example, I wish I could watch The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I have been disabled for years, if it wasn’t for Netflix and other streaming opportunities I could not have made it. I am on medications that do not give me much time to go outdoors. I spend most of my time just relaxing while in pain. Pain sometimes so bad that I cannot do much. Netflix offers a wide variety of programs that not only pique my interest but allows me for times to forget the pains and uneasiness that I go through daily also allowing me times to stay informed of things that are going on outside and in the world today. I hope that their continued variety they offer will make things more exciting and bearable to get me through the hard times I face now and in the future. May the Lord bless us all especially those facing the same as myself. Thank you for this opportunity today for being able to voice my opinion. May this help others.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Netflix is a great movie website to use with a variety of options that you can choose to fit your needs. Netflix has three plans based on cost, number of devices you can have downloads on, unlimited shows, and quality of content. The plans range from $8.99, $13.99, to $17.99. Once you sign up, you are charged once a month on the date you signed up for. They offer the convenience to change your plan or cancel at any time. Once you exit out of your show, they automatically pause where you left off. Netflix has series shows, movies, and TV shows. If you are looking for something to just come home and relax to after a long day, then Netflix is perfect for you!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I would recommend not subscribing to Netflix. The movie content is not good. I have been subscribed to top service for 2 or 3 weeks so far no movie has played properly. They stop to buffer or stop and go to home screen. I have a roku tv, none of my other streaming channels do this, they play perfectly. Netflix will not give a refund for something that does not work. Don't subscribe, poor service.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

My wife and I haven't been able to figure out why the Netflix streaming is so bad especially when the other streaming platforms are so good on our 4k TV. I just found out that Netflix has different streaming quality plans we're only getting SD (480) because we have the Basic plan. The quality of the streaming is AWFUL. We thought it was our internet for a while because we couldn't imagine that Netflix would stream at such low quality.

But then after comparing to the other streaming platforms, we noticed that they all looked great on our TV and realized it must be a Netflix issue and so I googled it today and found out that because we're on the basic plan we only get the SD quality I mentioned above. If we want better looking movies on our TV then we have to pay for it by upgrading to Standard for full HD (1080p) for $13.99 or Premium for 4k quality for the cost of $17.99.

EVERY other platform out there gives high quality streaming for one price and most are far less than what you have to pay Netflix to get that same quality. I never heard of such a thing and we're not willing to pay more to get the high quality we should be getting. There are so many other great streaming platforms giving us high quality streaming for far less money that we've decided to cancel Netflix. I refuse to let them take advantage of us.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Billed twice, overdrafts twice, over bogus billing. I am on disability. The two $35 dollar overdraft fees killing me, as two months in a row they return $8.99, but don't pay the overdraft fees they caused. And I never restarted Netflix, they just keep canceling and charging me. I want my $70 they have cost me. But they don't care about their mistakes.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Beware of the tactics Netflix uses to fleece money from your linked bank accounts. Many years back I had a Netflix account but cancelled when T-mobile offered free Netflix with our plan. This has been going on for some 6 years now and we did enjoy it. Without warning or notification of any kind Netlfix started billing us in April of this year. My wife pays the bills and figured I had ordered something new. I was going over statements today and was shocked to see a charge from Netflix. Even more shocked when I realized we have been being billed for 8 months of service that was supposed to be free.

Customer service refunded this month but said the rest was T-mobile's problem since my T-mobile account was somehow unlinked. Excuse me? How did you get my credit card from some 7 years ago and a cancelled account and start charging me without an agreement? I signed into Netflix and there is no way to unlink or even find this card attached to my account. We were forced to cancel our card and report fraud. Hoping the bank will be able to refund much of this illegal charge. Once T-mobile stops this offer I will NEVER return to Netflix again. Thieves in the night is what they are.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

If I could give them 0 stars, I would. I have now spoken with Netflix SEVEN times in the past month. Someone keeps hacking into my account. I have spoken with managers, supervisors and everyone else. Apparently, they have no way to fix this. They repeat themselves like broken records. Change email, change password, change credit card, etc. ALL THIS WAS DONE.. and AGAIN.. I am hacked into .. They change my email and password, changed my credit card, again a week later, I am calling again. It is ridiculous. Calling again for the seventh time and no resolution. They have nothing they can do, and do not provide any resolution, but the same steps that I have done now 3 different times. I am sick of NETFLIX and DONE WITH THEM!

Netflix author review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team