3.97/5
Based on 1,176 ratings submitted in the last year

1740 Netflix Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

The experience I've had with Netflix is mostly good. I am happy with their streaming quality and I like that I can adjust the quality to match whatever bandwidth I've got going on. The cost of their service is very affordable. The customer service is great...Most issues I have encountered have been taken care of in a matter of minutes! Their exclusive movies and series are almost always winners and they regularly add new movies to their lineup - particularly family movies, which is nice for us! I would like to see more new movies added more often, especially blockbuster type movies. It would also be nice if they didn't have so many voiced over foreign films in their lineup. Nothing against these movies, it's just that the voice over drives me nuts!

Original review: April 30, 2019

Hi, I am writing this review because I was amazed at the support I just received from Netflix's customer service. I'm just a college student, and I never normally write reviews. I wasn't paid to write this review at all. So I received an email from Netflix saying that my account was accessed from Westminster, United Kingdom (I lived in the US). Then, an email saying my password has changed. Finally, that my email associated to the account was updated to a different email. Immediately, I knew my account was hacked.

The email had a section saying, "If you did not ask to change your password we are here to help secure your account, just contact us." This allowed me to call up the Netflix customer service. I thought I would be linked to an automated service (like Lyft, Uber, or any other lazy tech company has in place in order to cut operation costs), but instead I was connected (within 1 minute) to a REAL person on the phone, who was super helpful.

She verified my account information, and within a couple minutes helped me win back control over my account. I am amazed at the customer service Netflix has given me. Again, there's a reason I decided to Google "Netflix Reviews" in order to write this review somewhere and expose this to the world. More tech companies need to learn from these customer service practices and put them in place. This was great. Thanks.

Get expert buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

NetFlix has a wide variety of movies and shows, the picture quality is good enough since we're not videophiles, sometimes we will be watching something and for a split moment the screen goes black which is probably due to internet speed once in a while lags. I kind of wish Netflix would put their entire library on the internet instead of having to order DVDs for a lot of films, but maybe that would require a huge increase in the cost of the servicing since they would have to be able to stream a lot more stuff?

Plus sometimes when I get a DVD it has scratches and is unplayable but NetFlix will send another just takes a bit of time. Otherwise it great to be able to watch shows in a much shorter time frame without having to deal with 20 minutes of advertising garbage that I have no interest in anyways! And it's a lot cheaper than cable which has more issues with video quality than NetFlix, plus I have control over what I want to see and when I want to see it; so I no longer have cable, just NetFlix and antenna tv.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Netflix is the first streaming service I’ve ever subscribed to though I now have three. I find that it has an extensive library of entertainment and have enjoyed countless hours of viewing. I’ve watched so many shows and movies that I even keel a list of all my favorites which I happily supply to my family and friends who ask for recommendations. I feel like I’ve become quite a connoisseur of entertainment. I have especially enjoyed the many British and Australian shows; most of which I would probably have never gotten a chance to watch if it hadn’t been for Netflix. I also particularly like the Netflix original series - of course, starting with Orange is the New Black. I watch almost each and every recommendation that the service offers to me and it’s always on point!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Netflix gives the most bang for the buck! Their original programming is outstanding! I would like to them more in-line with Hulu in providing new Network content a few days after it airs; however not understanding the complexities of licensing and contract structure, that may not be a viable/profitable road for them. They are the best and handling bandwidth during peak hours as I never see a streaming issue with Netflix as I do with some of the other major streaming services. There is definitely room to branch out on TV content and perhaps some local options in the future. All in all, Netflix is our go to service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Do not download the app or sign up for Netflix. I've been having issues streaming Netflix for months yet paying for it. I've contacted customer service and they still don't solve the problem. It's obvious they have no knowledge about the app and zero will to help. When you ask for any alternatives, they tell you they will e-mail you the link to unsubscribe. Who does that?? I'm not sure if they underpay their representatives but nobody seems to care about helping with customer service. They are very nonchalant about it. It's a "go ahead, we don't need you attitude". Considering the competition out there, I'm not surprised people are switching to Hulu and Amazon. However, they don't care. Plus, they lack common sense. They don't train their customer service department in anything about the app that may help, they are clueless but the worst part is that they are extremely rude.

I thought it was a one-time fluke but it's not. They need to make serious changes and hire people who are at least polite. I didn't even ask for a refund because I doubt I would have gotten a year's worth of paying for something that didn't work. My fault was using my debit card when I tried for a new membership and not checking my bank account closer. They didn't even apologize or offer me any credit... It was more like "Tough, ** not my problem" attitude. They can keep adding movies but if they continue with that kind of service, people are going to leave. No wonder most of the people I know, have switched to Hulu now. It's not worth wasting your time trying to speak with someone if you're having a problem.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Voiceover. I absolutely can't stand that voice that babbles on telling me what is happening. Do they think I am so dumb I can't see what they are doing? Or maybe it's for someone who can't see. I can stand so much of it and then I just quit watching.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

After more than 6 years as a Netflix customer, I’m walking away disappointed by the way your customer service was unable to resolve the second security issue my Netflix account experienced. After someone hacked my account, changing email address and preventing me to log-in, I had to stay on the phone with you to fix the security issue. But the hacker updated the plan to one more expensive and trying to put back my older plan was not possible, now increased from 7.99 to 8.99.

Unbelievable that the customer service on the phone was not able to put back the old price, due system restriction. Asked to escalate, explained this is not the way you act to apologise about a security breach. Instead of compensation, you increase my plan price? The answer was yes, and the customer service agent was cold and helpful to respond my request to close my account, after more than 6 years! I’m disgusted the way you treat the customers.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

If you have ever used Netflix on your cell phone, regardless if it was your account or not, the 1st month isnt free. It's a lie to get you to sign up. I used my phone on a friend's account and got my own and they charged my account.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I've been a long time user of Netflix and have been very happy BUT just this week the subtitles have been on EVERYTHING!!! This is super frustrating! I love to binge watch Friends but every single episode, I have to turn them off. I've never had to do this before. I thought it was the app on my phone but it is on my TV as well. There needs to be a way of turning it off completely and not when you start watching something. This new occurrence makes me not want to watch Netflix anymore! It is so inconvenient. Please fix this!!!

Netflix expert review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

• Best for: people who want a variety of older movies and TV shows streamed on multiple devices.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout