1.5/5 (35 ratings)

About Netflix

Netflix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2023

Netflix cancel really great series too soon, often after 1st or 2nd season. Shadow Hunters, Half Bad, The Society as a few examples. Also they have way too much foreign content and yet axe shows like I have just mentioned. Step up your game Netflix as there are lots of cheaper and better streaming services out there!!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

The Shadow Hunters TV Series which came to an abrupt end. With no support from you for release on DVD Blu Ray in the U.S. even though it has a huge following but can be found online in almost all other regions. My daughter was devastated. You have lost my business and I won't recommend Netflix to anyone.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Kudos for great content, especially original work. I'm astonished that they even have superb content in foreign languages such as German & French. But they have an extremely irritating tendency to cancel great work. The latest example is "Treason", the British based miniseries spy thriller. Just as the male hero is killed & his wife emerges as a wonderfully strong character alongside the strong female Russian spy character Kara the series ends. What a mistake!! Why?? The world of action/thriller work, dominated by characters like Steven Seagal, needs more feminine characters.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Given the monopoly that Netflix has in the streaming universe, it is egregious how bad their customer service is. Having spent over an hour on the phone and following the directions from the support staff, I was locked out of my account for 24 hours (trying to change my credit card for payment). When I complained, I was met with the usual indifference that a huge monopoly adopts in the light of undisputed power mixed with arrogant "couldn't give a **". I am weighing whether to cancel my over 6 year association with the company and merely steal what I want from torrent sites. I am beyond frustrated and angry.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

Netflix has pros and cons, they have a decent selection EXCEPT good shows just get canceled. Seems to be more and more movies in foreign languages with no option for English, besides it can be frustrating watching anything when lips don't match audio. They are constantly upping their price and you are limited on how many screens can watch Netflix. I do NOT recommend Netflix with all the other streaming apps now available. We have prime, Hulu and others but for some reason netflix is the only one that has to be rebooted. Netflix is not horrible by any means. It's just the most expensive with the most disappointments and limitations.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I am putting this out there as I haven't had any issues with the application itself with it circling or billing issues. I do have a problem with all these great shows popping up and then being cancelled. This has been happening for awhile, I have a whole list of show that have been great and then Netflix decides to drop the shows or simply "ghost dropped". For example, Archive 81, Away, Friends from College, The Umbrella Academy, Uncoupled, etc... I'm tired of good shows getting cancelled or never heard of again. It has also gotten more and more pricey to have a subscription with Netflix for just 1 user and I just refuse to keep paying $10 for just one user, when now Disney+ is now charging $10.99 for 10 users and even Hulu allows at least 2 users for the price of $7.99.

It simply has become too expensive to keep Netflix around, for shows that keep popping up and then being cancelled. Netflix has to get it together overall with their prices and shows. Become more proactive and truly analyze what shows you do and don't want to put out there. Otherwise you will continue to lose loyal customers, that are simply tired of good shows going away. DO BETTER!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Netflix REFUSE REFUND MONEY TAKEN WITHOUT CONSENT. Netflix has been taking double payments for over 1 year and has refused to refund all payments taken without my consent, instead, they offer 6 months refund and they want keep 6 months. I Never will trust NETFLIX again and will pass to the bank to recover ALL money taken without consent.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

I recently called because I was having problems watching a movie on Netflix. A tech support person while troubleshooting for me, I asked where their engineers are trained, retorted, "This was a racist's comments against us **," and suggested that I unplug the tv and it should resolve the problem. My tv was not attainable. After stating this comment against his people, (it was just a question). He disconnected the call, what is this phenomenon that is going on everywhere that if someone doesn't like what a customer says on the phone, the caller disconnects the call. Having worked for Marriott for several years, for such telephone etiquette I would have been fired, no coaching or anything.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

I love Netflix, if you have T-Mobile as your phone carrier, you get it for free! Only complaint is they got rid of Schitt's Creek :( But they have a great variety I think! A lot of good TV series, movies.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

It has been many months, and I cannot watch anything; the upload keeps circling as if trying to connect, but it doesn't. Often, the system keeps asking me to restart the app, but still not working. On most occasions, I need to log into the app repeatedly and can still not watch anything. Fraud and rip off.

Netflix author review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team