3.46/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 20, 2018

1386 Netflix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

Their streaming service is great and so far had very good exp on the phone them telling me about their dvd service how it works. I like that you can put your act on hold when you don't need it active. I would recom the service to family and friends that want to try it out.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Lately every time I find a movie that I want to watch it is not in English, I cannot read the subtitles fast enough and it is frustrating. Tonight, I tried 5 movies and they were ALL in a different language and there is no way to know that until you start the movie. If I am paying for this service, I should be able to have movies in the language that I speak. I am thinking about canceling my service with Netflix for this reason.

Get expert buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2018

They have changed the interface in a terrible way by removing the Category option from the interface. I called the Support of Netflix several times to fix this problem, because to me selecting films from a category list like Horror, Series, Thriller, etc is the most easiest and quickest way to get through the whole content. I mean the category option which shows up a good overview of about 15/20 films on the screen and in which you can scroll up and down in an easy way. In that interface, if you hit the return button, you can exit Netflix in a quick way. But it is this option they have removed from the interface.

The support told me I should maybe the only one who was using this option, because nobody should use it. I can’t imagine. Because the new interface is really a big step back. It shows up only two lines with 5 films in it and you have to scroll in a horizontal way through the line strip to get an overview of the films which are covered by a topic like “best rated films”. However, it is this that is a slow way to get an overview of the content in a topic! And if you want to close Netflix, you first have to scroll in a vertical way to the strip containing the exit Netflix button, and then scroll in a horizontal way to that Exit button. Yes Netflix, really slow!

Further on the Support told you can search for Series via the Search option and typing the word ‘Series’. Again, typing the word ‘Series’ is not a quicker way than click a Series link in a Category list. Also, by typing ‘Series’ with the Search option, not the whole content of Series is showing up in the list, in contrast to the link ‘Series’ in the Category list, which shows the whole content. And this interface should give a better performance? Come on. I am ready with this and will stop my Netflix account.

Original review: April 9, 2018

For anyone just getting on the movie streaming steam train, please don't blow your money on Netflix. It's highly overrated and not worth subscribing to let alone supporting. Why, you ask? For one, 90% of movies on Netflix are 'Netflix Originals'. 90% of Netflix originals are series. Why is that important other than the fact that it's very annoying and damn right wrong? Because Netflix doesn't pay royalties on their own ** content. There are very very very very few movies on Netflix that are worth watching. Most are very low budget and old AF... Speaking of, any movie found under the 'recently added to Netflix' list may just as well be a movie that was released in 1980.

They are just so cheap it makes me nauseous. And please dont get me started on the lack of user features. 'Match function??? It doesn't WORRRRKKK!!! Why the do they not provide an IMDB or Rotten Tomato score? The ratings they show are literally based 100% entirely off movies that I watch. MYSELF. And if I dont rate the movie afterwards, how the flying ** does Netflix know whether it's a 97% match? Netflix also doesnt have sub-genres. I mean really... WTF. As for the categories, most thrillers are horror movies, many action movies are comedies, and many horror movies are thrillers. Movie descriptions are also terrible and many movies do not have a trailer and fml it goes on.

To summarise. Lack of good movies. Lack of good series. Lack of series uploads. Discontinuation of series without explanation. ** suggestions. ** features. Terrible movie descriptions. Terrible everything. Netflix. You have the worst movie streaming service ever. I hope you receive a swift dose of competition and thereafter, competence. You need to seriously step up your game.

Original review: April 6, 2018

It has been 2 months and I still can't access the entirety of "My List". Called 3 times and all I get told is it is an issue they are aware of and keep checking back for a fix. 2 months with no fix for a problem is ridiculous. Talked with a supervisor and because I've still streamed even though I can't access my full list they are not going to do anything in terms of compensation or elevation of the issue further (seriously their message about the problem said do not escalate further, just take customer info and log). That's bad customer service right there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: April 2, 2018

My issue was Netflix was taking two payments out of my bank account but I only have one account. I spoke with Netflix customer service representative Jose who confirmed that he found a duplicate account with charges of 10.99. Netflix Jose told me he was going to cancel that account and issue a refund back to my card for the last 3 months but he informed me I had been double charged from April 2016. Netflix Jose told me the second account linked to my card showed the email was invalid. When I asked could he refund me the full amount from the second account that I have been charged for Netflix Jose said basically, “On our end it only lets us issue the last 3 months. You will need to contact your financial institution to dispute the rest of the charges.” When I told him it wasn't a good enough answer and Netflix are happy to take double payment and then shrug their shoulders when they are pulled up on it.

I wanted a full refund and I felt it was Netflix's place to sort it out. I then asked to speak to his manager and unfortunately was put on to Netflix Francis. Netflix Francis said he understood that I had an account created with the same card and that I was charged twice for that. I asked to be refunded the full amount Netflix has been taking from my account? He said the reason, why they cannot issue more than that, is because the system cannot go further than that. Once I request the dispute my bank will contact Netflix with the information and we can process the refund. I said I know that "systems" are run by people and people can override systems where there is a customer service issue. This is a customer service issue. I deal with customer service issues every day in work and I go out of my way to help my customers. I didn't even get an apology from Netflix Jose or Netflix Francis.

I told them I wasn't impressed with the service. Netflix Francis replied, “We are trying to help you, Tracy, I know you were not aware of these charges until now, we have to cancel the duplicate account and we issue the refund that we were able to process, but in order to help you with the rest of the charges this has to be done by the dispute process with your bank.” This is where I got so fed up with the lack of an apology and Netflix's refusal to help.

I decided to tell them how I felt it should have been handled. I said, “Netflix Francis here is what I think a real apology should sound like from a customer service representative. It should go like this... "I'm so sorry you're having problems with Netflix, we really value your service and will do everything to help you. I'm so sorry you have been double charged. I don't know how this has happened but I can refund you 3 months straight away. To get the rest of the money back you have been overcharged you will have to contact your bank. Here is our customer service email and I would like you to email us and let us know if this has sorted your issue out.” I told Netflix Francis that the way he had dealt with this issue has left me annoyed and now all I want to do is to cancel Netflix service altogether and let the world know how badly Netflix treat their customers. One very very dissatisfied customer.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Netflix needs to think twice about which original series they choose to renew and which they choose to cancel. Gypsy was cancelled only six weeks after it premiered, without even giving it a second season which has disappointed a lot of people. Meanwhile, continuing to renew so many other insane shows. If this is how they continue to treat their original series they are going to lose a lot of viewers. In addition, the number of shows and movies we have available here in Australia on Netflix is poor.

Original review: April 1, 2018

For an extra 11 a month in addition to paying Xfinity high prices who Netflix now is connected to in one way or another, like Xfinity, new movie means either low budget or a movie you watched 40000000 times. One or the other had to go, choosing high priced Xfinity first.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Live streaming provides low budget movies and shows, most often with B actors. Any TV show or movie that was a box office hit, will not be found on Live stream. Some people who are on fixed or lower incomes, cannot afford the DVD only package. Therefore, you get what you pay for. There's a sense of feeling treated like trash or low class. Streamers are stuck to pick over the leftovers. Any movie or TV show that made a hit will not be found in the streaming package. I don't recommend streaming, at all, unless you don't care.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I tried to access my account and kept getting a message nothing matched my email please call customer service. I called and verified my payment through PayPal went through, using the invoice ID from my PayPal account it was discovered that someone hacked my account, changed the email which is what you use to log in, changed the password, switched my account from a 1 screen to 4 screens causing the monthly fee to be more and then switched the language from English to Spanish. Then the movies I had saved in my profile, the profile I had for my grandson and boyfriend were all gone somewhere. The only profile was someone named Selina.

When the CSR (customer service rep) I was speaking to on the phone told me hacked my account I started having a few concerns, he told me not to worry. He would reset my email login and I can just reset the password. My concern was someone hacked my account and was using it. I requested to know what was the email address connected to the account now. I was told they could not give that info. He could confirm the address if I told them but he could not give that out. Even though they knew I was the one paying it, was my account, all the changes were made within the past weeks.

I then asked for a supervisor. He pretty much said they could not let me know the email address my account was changed to because of a liability issue. I did ask so what you are saying someone can hack your account lock me out that is acceptable, who knows what else they may of hacked. You mean if by chance I could track down a person using that email authorities could not be notified. Actions taken in my eyes that is stealing, Netflix is protecting the hackers not a customer of 5 years. That hacker has more rights than a paying customer who they stole from... please make that sound right to me so I can understand. How things ended was IF YOU'RE A HACKER HACK NETFLIX, THEY WILL PROTECT YOU, YOUR RIGHTS AND KEEP ANY MEANS TO FIND YOU IMPOSSIBLE.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Disabled compromised by autoplay. While I could browse about the selection, I do appreciate the service. But I am ADD, and any moving videos/sounds cause me to feel like I am going crazy. There must be a way to turn them off. The disability acts should mandate this, because it is becoming impossible to get anything done on the internet, which is a shame, because I am also physically disabled, and the internet is my one means to do meaningful work! Thank you.

Original review: March 27, 2018

27Mar2018 - Netflix phone support has gone horrible now!!! WARNING, Check your credit card information on Netflix "Update your credit or debit card" page!!! I tried to "update" my information today to a different credit card. At first, the site complained that the CVV number was invalid, which of course it was not. I tried 3 times, on the 3rd time, it seemed to take it without complaint. However, I noticed something very odd. As I had always entered my first, middle initial and last name, it had taken my initial and added that to my last name! I called support to let them know of this issue and to confirm if my card was accepted. Apparently the card was accepted. When I mentioned about the last name being wrong, the guy tried to convince me that this is just a typo and that it's ok. I informed him that I am a certified computer tech and work in Corporate Head Offices of a major bank and that this is NOT acceptable.

The guy went into "parrot" mode and kept trying to convince me that this so-called typo was fine. I demanded to speak to a supervisor. He kept repeating himself saying that, "I'VE EXPLAINED THIS ALL TO YOU ALREADY!" Needless to say, this very VERY bad attitude and arguing with me when he's so wrong, just angered me more. He put me on hold for over 10 minutes. He came back 2 times saying something about the supervisor will be with me in a few minutes, which would have been fine, BUT, then he started AGAIN with his BS trying to justify his arguing.

I told him to just stop talking as I don't want to hear him repeat the same crap over and over. I realized that there was not going to be a supervisor and that he was playing a game. GREAT SERVICE NETFLIX!!! BETTER RETRAIN YOUR "SUPPORT" PEOPLE before you lose a lot of customers. I won't cancel my service because I do like Netflix, but I will contact the Executive board. Going to the top is the only way to get that kind of person either replaced or retrained.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I am very unhappy with the selections on Netflix. Every time I want to watch something it is never available, just the other day we were looking for Blended, Journey to the Center 2 with the Rock. We were also unable to find any of the movies with the Rock. We were looking for ER and or Jag and Nada. There have been so many other titles not available. They keep raising the price for crappy movie selections.

Original review: March 17, 2018

The interface for streaming has been broken/not working properly for over a month. Only approx 40 movies are showing up out of the 200 or more that can be in a list. Called NETFLIX several times and they could care less - condescending, rude and lying about what is going on. With the interface not working properly it is very difficult to find movies in your list without doing a search for the movie. The indicator says it is in the list but it doesn't appear. In addition the date for expiration no longer appears in the movie details - only on the manual list that is not working. AND they raised their prices. The last rep I talked to sent me a link via email to cancel service. They could care less about the customer and how streaming has become so difficult and annoying to use.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I signed up for Netflix and the first month was supposed to be free. I paid through iTunes and iTunes decided to take the money out of my account and now neither iTunes or Netflix will take responsibility for refunding the money. I cancelled Netflix and closed the card that I used for payment. No more will I deal with Netflix.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I have contacted the customer service, to ask for a help as my Netflix account was not working for about two months...so I have asked to the guy who answer the phone if he could help me to sort this problem... He didn't seem to care about it, he was put me on hold all the time I was talking and when I have asked him why He said to me He had a cough. Obviously not true!! Not professional at all!!! Plus He didn't sort my problem out, he just told me to use Google Chrome instead!!

Original review: March 8, 2018

I have been using Netflix for 6 years, tv show are great movies so so. Just tried connecting and said the email address did not exist anymore. Called their no help customer service and they said the email had changed but would not change it back because I could not find the credit card number. Turned out that would be useless because all the profiles were deleted and the language was changed to Spanish. I asked if they could restore the information, should be simple because it should be stored in a database but they do not have a mechanism to do this but they can look up old emails. I asked to speak to their security department and they said they do not have one for this.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I used to love Netflix streaming service. I used it more than any other service, and in fact cancelled my cable TV service because Netflix was so much better. Then, Netflix started doing Bad Things. Specifically, auto-preview functionality is incredibly obnoxious and needs to be killed. If at least there was a toggle in the streaming app or on the account webpage (like there is for auto-play, which plays the next episode in a series), I'd be happy, but apparently after at least three years of this terrible feature, Netflix continues to ignore its userbase and retains the functionality. This is enough to drop a 5-star service to two for me.

Original review: March 5, 2018

For the past year at least, the streaming videos have all been about the same selection with the addition of only a couple new choices each month. Most of what's available to stream is an odd “B Movie” style genre, or is reality TV. As far as current movies being available to stream, they don't have the selection. Netflix is now in the movie-making business themselves. I can only speak for my spouse and I, but we have disliked every single independent release they've put out. Result? We have finally cut the cord with Netflix. We spend an hour surfing the app for something to watch, and we end up logging out and looking for something on On Demand after. Just not worth the money anymore.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I hear so many complaints about cable or satellite. If you truly want your money's worth, then go with Netflix or Hulu. I have AT&T DIRECTV and I hate it. Thanks to my Netflix or Hulu services, our time is mostly spent watching their movies. And their prices are great and very affordable. The only bad thing that we hate is not getting our morning news. If they offered daily morning news WE WOULD NEVER HAVE CABLE SERVICE AGAIN. We hope this will help future watchers!

Original review: March 4, 2018

Nothing short of extremely irritating when I am trying to log onto my Netflix account to watch a movie that I am currently paying way too much for, only to be told that there are "too many devices on my account" and I can either upgrade to pay even more than I already am or wait EIGHT hours for all of the devices to be properly logged off of my account. Just wondering-- will I be getting my money back for the EIGHT hours worth of movies and shows that aren't available to me? Also, if someone is hacking into my Netflix account there should be a way to AUTOMATICALLY sign out of all devices to prevent them from viewing shows that they haven't paid for. The paying customer gets the short end of the stick which is why I can no longer continue to be a customer of Netflix. So annoying, so useless.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have been using gift card for payment every month and the extra that I have disappear every month. I refused to provide them with credit card because with a gift card they do what they want I can imagine with credit card.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I have been using Netflix for years, I watch it more than I watch TV anymore honestly. I love that there is always something to watch. I am the type of person who re-watches shows over and over again, but it is always nice to know that if I wanted a change it would always be there. There are so many different genres, TV shows, and other choices to look at. You have the ability to rate the shows you watch, and there is a never ending flow of options coming in. I can always find something for my nephews to watch, or a suspenseful movie for myself. In summary, Netflix is a great entertainment provider for all ages. I would recommend it to anyone who needed a way to watch TV programs or movies. I hope this helps.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Article after article from well known journals praise the business model and growth of the NetFlix company. They must be looking at sales figures because I am one of many people who are more and more dissatisfied with the content NetFlix is acquiring. They seem to be succeeding in acquiring content from all over the world and in diverse languages so that their list of "recently released" has in the last year been dominated by Hindi and Korean language/originating programming.

If everyone judges their success by the number of subscribers to their streaming service, I can see why they are in a boom period. But... I am finding it harder and harder to find anything to watch. I'm sure they can only put on their streaming service what makers offer to sell to them. It's my opinion these are not 2nd tier offerings these days but 3rd and 4th tier -- my definition of poorer and pooer content. You get a lot of choices for very little money per month I realize. NetFlix streaming service is increasingly not worth my time [to watch]. Anyone agree that the quality of their content is going downhill?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

As much as I love and appreciate your movies and your shows it saddens me to know that you feel like ** women or ** people are not worth the money that ** are. You may not see this as racism but myself as a ** single mother I truly do. #ISTANDWITHMO'NIQE. If I could have given no stars I would have but it wouldn't allow me to commit without giving at least one!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Once again I sat down after dinner to play a disc sent a few days ago. It was unplayable soon after the beginning (disc was "In the Valley of Elah"). So I washed it and it worked well for about an hour and then was again unplayable and washing, of course, didn't help at all. What I can't understand is the frequency of these incidents (compared with the former rarity). Recently, past year or so, they send unplayable discs. I think they must just not bother checking - which really is unfair as it's extremely unpleasant to be unable to see the middle or end of a story you've been watching. There's also no way to reach the company after 6 PM and I usually watch movies at night. Maybe they should just end this part of their business.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Netflix really needs to stop playing shows that have been canceled after one season. They should at least have a notice of cancellation so we don't get our hopes up on a show we like. Their prices keep going up so why not the information on what we are watching? I have been a member of Netflix for years but upset every time this happens.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Lately in late 2017, Netflix is only adding some self produced series. In order to hide the situation they changed their presentation, now when searching for a specific field, like actor/actress Netflix is answering with a mixture of other movies, with different actors. In fact for the past few months no real movies have been added or very little. To show their performance they pretend adding new show, when in fact it's always series self produce and account each episode of the same series for a new addition. They are deliberately misleading customers.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Right now there are 8 movies in my DVD queue and ALL of them are listed as "availability unknown." Seriously? What am I even paying for? I've tried the streaming plan but there is a paltry selection of new titles. The majority of available streaming movies are ancient (Platoon anyone?). Customer service has extremely limited and inconvenient hours.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Based on the old Netflix I use to have 5 yrs ago. It is no longer the same. It features and promotes too much sex, violence and drugs in basically every movie. Aside it's too complicated to even use now. I can't even find some of the old antique movies I use to enjoy. Therefore I cancelled. It is safer to not have.

Netflix expert review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

• Best for: people who want a variety of older movies and TV shows streamed on multiple devices.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout