Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.11/5
Based on 2,190 ratings submitted in the last year

Netflix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: May 21, 2020

Live stream is one of the newest thing we have to be able to watch while we're away from home. Netflix has great quality service. You can binge watch series that you may have wanted to watch but didn't want to watch from season 4. Just start it at season 1 and go. Don't have to be at home, you just take it with you. Sit outside by your pool and still watch your favorite movie. Netflix is up on new movies. Adding new ones everyday. They also show you what you might be interested in by what you watch. A big variety of new movies and series as well as old ones you might have forgotten. Need to take advantage of Netflix versus cable or satellite TV.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Netflix has the most variety of all genre for all ages, best recommended and Netflix only movies. Did I mention the price I pay? Well, no other streaming service can beat them. Netflix has a perfect user friendly service that even a three year old can use. Netflix is Personal. It's like a friend. Did you know Binge watching was a thing? Well I didn't until I watched The Good Witch series when I was sick in bed, Episode after Episode. I was hooked on Netflix. I think it actually made me feel better quicker? I don't know of any other services that can do that. I know I would be heartbroken if Netflix ever ended its Service or let some other company take them over.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Once I find a movie or a series I like I love it, especially how series just roll into next episode. However FINDING something (unless I know it by name) to watch is more challenging. While the interface groups into genres I find it just keeps showing they same titles. I absolutely HATE how "new releases" are really "New to Netflix" I want NEW as in THIS YEAR at least. IF the genre listings took into account shows I a. watched (all of it) and/or b. rated as liked and then prioritized in those genre listings I would find it more valuable. Also if I had control over which lists/genres list & their filters that would be even better.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Not sure problem I had other day was because of Netfix, Roku, or Fios, but I contacted Netflix and rep stayed with me in the online chat for almost an hour. She was very courteous and helpful. (Forgot her name, was it Michelle!) Turned out had to update password! As far as viewing is concerned, would appreciate if Netflix could do something about options regarding how many person could view at the same time. And how persons could log into their own "page" or whatever they call it. I have a Roku, and my daughter owns the Netflix account, but on Roku, I can log onto to my own page! I'm using the "main" page, which is owner of the account with Netflix. Do not have this problem with my iPad.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I first started with Netflix years ago. Then I tried Hulu... which I rarely watch because the plan I have makes me watch commercials. The whole reason for going to streaming was to alleviate those commercials. Although not having commercials, I find I am not going to the fridge as much and thus have lost weight... win/win. Also on Hulu, if you stop the program you are watching, you have to start over again and find the place where you ended. Very poor. I also am currently on Prime through a promo. I have not been impressed with Prime. But that may be my inability to travel around the Prime conglomerate. All to say is that I came back to Netflix and it has everything that I need or want at this point in time.

Original review: April 6, 2021

I bought the basic package 3 months ago. They sucked me in for $6.00 a month. Since then it went up to over $9.00. That is a 33% increase. One More increase and I am dropping these Highway ROBBERS. There is many other companies even FREE ones.

Original review: March 24, 2021

This is real simple, I paid for it I can do what I want with it. If I want Bob down the street to watch with me then as long as I'm not using more screens than I have access to (which NEVER happens) I should be able to do as I please. Netflix is the ONLY company that does this....and on top of that they have THE SAME programming as Hulu and Amazon Prime!! Bad, bad, bad. I hope they hit rock bottom. Canceled my account. Will NEVER do business with them again.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Over the past two years it appears Netflix has intentionally slowed down DVD deliveries through the USPS. I used to get two movies a week, then it went to one, now I'm only getting a delivery about every two weeks. Netflix is blaming the USPS, but the USPS is claiming they do not have a manpower issue. So what is it?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Netflix tends the raise their prices on a yearly basis but not even provide us great content for what we are paying! I use to say for $10CAD it's OK but now 10 years later it's $20CAD and what new movies have they brought out for us, just a whole lot of "Dubbed Foreign Films!" I had originally started up this account for the kids but $20 per/month seems to be highway robbery considering we're getting less actual "English" speaking films and soooo much dubbed foreign films! Prime is no better but at least I'm not paying for it and it comes as a part of my Prime account which is much cheaper by the month than Netflix!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I cancelled membership and they cont. to charge account for eights months. I spoke to their customer service and they could only refund 2 months. They stated that it was accidental restarted. They refused to refund the other six months. This is theft and they should be criminally prosecuted.

Netflix author review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team