Netflix

Compare Entertainment Companies

Research top Entertainment Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had Netflix for as long as I can remember, and they have always gone above and beyond for the few times I've called them with question. I think prices are very fair. I get streaming and 2 DVDs/month for $15 with only a $2 increase over all these yrs. Highly recommend!

I have been a Netflix customer almost from their inception and not once did I ever have a problem with any of the complaints herein about this company. When a movie got lost somehow they did not charge me. When I canceled DVDs for a time there was no problem with them still charging me. In fact, I have canceled the streaming one day and set it back on the next, again, no problem. I have called customer service twice without a negative incident. They are limited by licensing as to what they can add to their viewing lists. I guess my only complaint is the post office taking too much time getting DVDs back and forth. I truly do not know what these complaints are about!

I have had Netflix for a couple of years and the service is going downhill. They are lagging behind their competitors. Whenever they add so called new shows they are a few seasons behind. They are good for saying something is a new release but they have only changed the cover picture for certain TV shows. It's the same old stuff available to watch. Recently they have been good about adding new shows that are very interesting and good Netflix originals but everything is in another language. I live and ordered my service in the U.S., I don't speak French, Spanish or Arabic and it is a task to watch a movie or a season of a show in subtitles. I already had to learn to understand British and Ireland accents to watch the shows I do watch, what more do they want.

This is amazing to see the customers looking for options to broadcast mobile content on TV's, the fact that EZCast and AnyCast have millions of customers worldwide and Netflix still not licensing them for the content to be broadcasted. I have an iPhone and iPad and several complaints on the internet about incompatibility between Airplay when using Netflix. They should do something about it. This is not possible. The ONLY option and partner they have is Google Chromecast, forcing customers into a single direction. This is not a fair competition approach, not acceptable to me.

The constant buffering is annoying. I have done everything to try and change it. I cannot even access Netflix during prime time hours even though I am connected to three Netflix servers and my wifi connection is stable I still get an error message telling me they can't connect me. Consequently I am relegated to watching very late at night or in the morning. If I do happen to catch a connection in the afternoon it immediately kicks me off around 5 pm even in the middle of watching something.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

When alerting Netflix to their systemic problem of dropping previously listed movies, was greeted by obstruction, dissembling and insinuations of fabrication. No call whatsoever on Netflix to behave so horribly to a simple informational phone call intended to assist their operations. As a 30 plus year executive in customer service for major corporations, I have never dealt with anything close to Netflix' pervasive incompetence and latent hostility.

VPN Blocked Out!! We have been a Netflix customer since their beginning. We recently purchased an internet router and VPN service for security. Went the router way so we had whole home (all computers, TVs, etc, everything that uses the internet). Went to watch Netflix and they blocked us out, said we had to turn VPN off to watch anything on Netflix. So if dad wants to manage his investments securely no one in the house can watch Netflix at the same time? That is crazy so we are looking at Amazon, Hulu, and other alternatives. Be AWARE -- If you want whole home security you can't have it and Netflix at the same time!!!!

First of all, I believe the median age of the "customer service" people ranges from 10-27. Extremely unprofessional, lacking in their ability to listen to the customer because they are regurgitating the script to which they are told to adhere. Simple problems seem to befuddle them. I had a DVD plan which I wanted to switch to the streaming plan. I tried doing this 4+ times and it did not work. I called to get help. A kid named Dylan took the call. I explained the situation to him. He didn't listen to the fact that I had gone through all the steps necessary to change plans. He took me through them again, twice. As I was switching my phone to speaker so that I could type, he said "Hey, If you're not going to ** talk to me I'm going to ** hand up on your **." I said, "Excuse me?" Then he started denying that he had spoken to me in that way. I always record customer service calls so that in case a call is dropped, I can call back and ask for the same person.

When I told him the call was being recorded, he claimed to have Turrets! Lol I know better than this because I've worked with special needs children and adults for over 25 years and can identify the syndrome almost immediately. He was unable to fix the problem so transferred me to the DVD department where the young woman was able to identify that the CC on file had expired last month. There was no indication on the site that there was an expired card. THIS should be an automated response on any site that does the auto pay. All of them that I know of do. NETFLIX needs to update their software and fix this to avoid such frustrations.

I then asked to speak to the supervisor in Dylan's department (streaming). As I shared with him the experience with Dylan, he said that Dylan had come to him to tell him of the incident. He then told me that Dylan has every right to earn a living as the next person. I told him that I agree with that but that Dylan should not be in a job where he has contact with people if he cannot control his language and behave professionally. Of course, this supervisor was in the same age bracket. Clearly, NETFLIX has no process in their hiring which weeds out those people who have no social skills or life experience. CHEAP LABOR I presume. Thank goodness for AMAZON PRIME!

What's happening to Netflix. There's not 2 good interesting movies new releases or recently added that I care to watch. There's really nothing to choose from. Where are the good movies? Where are the movies from 2 or 3 years ago. There are more movies from the 2000s than anything. What happened to the comedy stuff. Netflix needs to do better and catch up with the times.

After canceling Netflix and my fault and various life circumstances not watching my account, they have been billing my bank card for 2 accounts. After stopping the DVD shipping 3 years ago and never getting 1 DVD as of 2013 I believe they continued to charge me. Then they tried to say I never returned DVDs back in 2013. I do realize I should be micro managing my account. I would listen to my transactions over the phone and would hear Netflix as a charge yet never figured out that they had been overcharging me for 4 years and after canceling the DVD part and an old account... of course they have no record and want me to go find the proof of cancellation 3 to 4 years ago.

After charging me $26. 00 a month for what I should have been charged $9.00 for the past approx. 4 years which is approximately $700 to over $1000.00 they so kindly reimbursed me $24.00 and took care of the DVDs I returned but they say I didn't. I will agree I should watch my account however when you cancel online... DON'T. THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID... "YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED US TO CANCEL." Once again a multi-million dollar company wins against the little person. They are a complete fault for this and I am at fault for not watching my account. I just didn't.

I cancelled my DVD plan with Netflix and a few days later they sent me another DVD in the mail. I put it in the desk and forgot about it, I just moved, it's the holidays and I'm busy. Today I get an email from them that says Transaction-Successful... Open it find out they've charged me $27 for the dvd I didn't ask for and haven't even watched. Then I spent an hour on the phone with them telling me when I cancelled the acct there was a page telling me I had 21 days to return materials or I would be charged for them. So not true! So I asked for a link to see that page, "Oh well you can't see it now..." Then I'm told, "Send back the dvd and the charge will be reversed..." Really? The email doesn't say that... "Oh well, just take my word for it." Omg really? Will someone please give this company some competition? They are outright thieves.

Netflix streaming servers will not maintain a connection. Streamed content constantly freezes or reloads. Contrary to what Netflix wants customers to believe, this has nothing to do with my network connection. The minimum recommended bandwidth is 0.5 Mbps. I am maintaining an average of 3.4 Mbps sustained download speed. My network's worst day still maintains an average of 1.8 Mbps sustained download speed.

When I am having trouble I always check my network performance with: Task manager, Fast.com (Netflix's own speed test site.), OOKLA's speedtest.net, Streaming from other sources such as Vudu, Amazon video and YouTube. I never have trouble streaming from the other sites. The problems noted only occur with Netflix. This problem occurs across all platforms. I use the web client, Windows app and the Android app. It is most prevalent in the Windows app and the web client. One final note. I constantly check to make sure all my apps are up to date.

Netflix continued charging my credit card even after cancellation. They said that somebody reinstated my membership but no emails or notifications were sent that the membership was re-activated. I just found out because they sent me an email that my credit card has expired.

Customer service see that hangs up the phone on me or because they don't want to help me they actually told me to watch Hulu Plus. They swear at me. They treat me like garbage and this is a product that we all watch that was supposed to be happy about Netflix treat their customers like ** hundred percent legit like I'm treated. They hang up the phone with me or they tell me they're going to work on it and intends to move stuff from my wishlist on my list wish.

I had a show last night on my list. Now it's gone but they still off of the show but it got canceled off my list. Don't ask me how but it got cancelled off my list. They tell me they can't remove stuff but obviously they can because it got removed from my list as they can say ** you. You're a ** or you're **. Don't have to tolerate you. That is Netflix for you. They can say whatever the ** they want to somebody and it's okay like one representing a wooden Netflix. "If you don't like it go to somebody else." "Oh but we are good shows." "So you want to see him pay us shut the ** up **", and that's what they literally told me. That's Netflix for you.

I called several days before going out of town to see my payment date could be extended. It was scheduled to come out a few days before my direct deposit and I didn't want an overdraft fee. The lady I talked to told me to call back two days later and ask to put my account on hold for five days, which would be more than enough time for my deposit to go in. When I did, the lady I talked to was extremely unwilling to help me. She said it was too late for them to put a hold on my account, that they have two million customers to deal with and that if I had called two days earlier, it may have been possible. I told her I did call two days earlier and was told to call two days later! Anyhow, even though I've been with Netflix for many years and have always had the money in the bank to cover the payment and have never called to request a hold, she wouldn't budge.

I called back five minutes later and got Shakyra (probably spelling it incorrectly). She went above and beyond to help me! She credited my account for the month and said that if there was an overdraft fee, they would cover it. Right now I'm in the negative with the bank because of Netflix and no overdraft yet, but even if they don't cover it, I so appreciated her caring enough to help me out! Enough can't be said about good customer service and the women I talked to varied greatly. I guess it pays to call more than once...at least in this case. I'm not 100% satisfied but at least I got some kind of credit...better than nothing.

I called to ask for my billing date to be changed. The man said "sure just let the account cancel and then call and we will extend a courtesy for the few days.'' Not true, I did everything I was asked and called only to be told "we don't, why he would tell you that." I've have been a customer for years, and they would not offer anything. I have been with Hulu less time and they were very accommodating and most importantly truthful. Not sure if I'll even renew. There are other companies that care to keep business.

Netflix has lots of movies and shows to watch but majority of them suck. They rarely update their inventory. The only thing I see that the update is a different photo cover of the movie and when renting movies that are slow at sending them to you and receiving them in the mail they put on the report a problem like seven days after it's been mailed to you that you can finally report something. The time frame is ridiculous. Everybody should just stop watching Netflix for one year. Put the hurt on them. There's other sources of movie entertainment.

I've never been a big fan of Netflix. First their multimedia is old, outdated and selections are limited. Even with the massive database to choose from it's not all that great. Secondly their software does not support the most current version of windows I.E. even though it's suppose to. I have to use third party browsers to utilize the streaming. Third their streaming application needs severe fixing. It's slow, laggy, times out, freezes and often forgets what's being watched. Fourth their dvds require a waiting list. With the no return date it can be months of waiting before you receive a disk. New releases need to be added to your waiting list the minute they put them on unless you want to wait months for it.

And finally you cannot delete your credit/debit card information from their website after you enter it into their system. I had to go out and purchase a cheap prepaid visa to replace the information. I've declared my cards stolen due to Netflix not allowing the deletion of a credit card. I would and would not recommend Netflix. Customer service can be either excellent or you can get a jerk hole of an individual.

Extremely disappointed with Netflix. We were billed twice each month for over a year and when I called customer service, they quoted their policy of only being able to refund charges up to 3 months, no exceptions. As a company you would think they would want to retain loyal customers and not cheat them out of their money. Very disappointed!!!

I am a new user of Netflix. I've been thinking about it for a while now and I wondered why they never put Mr. Robot on Netflix. Like c'mon now. I wanna watch Mr. Robot. It's a really great series. I think you should add it to Netflix. Please do. I really wanna watch that show. Literally I made a account just to make this complaint and that's it because I want Mr. Robot on Netflix cause it's my favorite show and I can't find anywhere else to watch it. So if anyone has any ideas of where I can watch Mr. Robot please tell me cause I would really like to know where I could watch my favorite show. I'll even take some crappy website. I just want to watch Mr. Robot. I'll watch it for free or I'll pay to watch. I just need something badly.

I noticed a charge on my bank statement that appeared suspicious. It looked like someone had purchased a Netflix movie I've never heard of named "Los Gatos." I logged into their website and didn't see a reference to "Los Gatos" on my account billing information, so clicked the "Start Live Chat" button to report the fraudulent charge. The chat window connected me with Marcela, who was helpful and gentle in informing me that Los Gatos is the location of a Netflix office, not the name of a movie and that the charge was just my monthly subscription charge. I was relieved that my bank account was not at risk, and my ego was only slightly scathed. The process took about five minutes of my time, provided me with the information I was seeking, and didn't feature any intrusive upsell attempts or irrelevant nagging. For routine account information inquiries, Netflix customer service is quite agreeable.

I have been buying gift cards for almost a year now for Netflix. This month (October 2016) I put my normal 40 Dollar gift card in the redeem box and everything was as usual. It said it was successful. I went on to order more DVDs and streaming on my computer. Then on the 11th of October I went to my DVD account and it tells me they are having difficulties with my account and to contact them.

So I called and the young man that answered listens to my problem and says "your card has run out". I said "That's impossible. I just put a new card in on the 3rd of Oct." He put me on hold for a couple minutes then came back to confirm that my card expired. I asked "how could I still be having DVDs sent out and streaming when it was scheduled to expire on the 4th of Oct.?" He said "they keep sending them out for a little while after it expires." "No, They do not.", I said. "They stop sending DVDs out right away."

He put me on hold again for a second and came back to tell me that they show in their records that I hadn't entered a gift card since August! I said... "Well there, you can see that your system obviously makes mistakes. Check your records and you'll see that I have received many DVDs all through Sept. and streaming." He would not check and seemed to lose interest in my problem like it wasn't worth his time anymore even though I brought up valid points. I don't have a lot of money or a bank acct. obviously.

I Thought it was the greatest thing when they came out with these cards. I was so happy. Beware!! They will just take your money!!! How are we to prove we put the code in the redeem box? I informed the young man that they just lost a customer for $40.00. I will never spend a dime on this company again. I think Hulu.com is better and I will spend my 40.00 on them instead. It sure goes farther with Hulu.com. Netflix doesn't seem to care about their customers very much. I am telling everyone I talk to about this experience. I talk to hundreds of people a week as I work with the public and have lots of chat time with customers!!!

When I disable my VPN because Netflix wants our computers open to hackers all over the globe while we watch movies, I still get the error message. I tried refreshing Netflix and also closing it and going back in to watch a movie after disabling my VPN. Same thing happens. The only way I could find to use the streaming of movies or videos was to uninstall my VPN. Then the damn thing worked. Then I have to reinstall my VPN afterwards to reprotect my PC. Who the hell do you think you are Netflix? If this continues, I will immediately cancel both my Netflix accounts.

We always want to complain about our negative experiences with companies and seldom do we make take the time to write a positive review. So am taking the initiative to do just that. Not going into too much detail the first customer service rep didn't do her job and I had a problem with that since Netflix charged my account twice on a one month free trial because of her not taking care of the issue I had in the first place. Then when I notice two charges on my bank account I called Netflix Customer Service for the second time (to be honest I was ready to cancel my monthly subscription). But after speaking with the customer service rep. and him going the extra mile by going beyond what I needed or expected he change my mind and kept me as a customer.

I spoke to the customer service rep's supervisor and told him what a great job he did and that it was because of how he handled my issue kept me as a customer. I also encourage the supervisor to use my customer service rep as a trainer. He told me that he was already in the process of getting him the certification to get that done. So don't lose faith. There are good employees and bad employees. We can only hope people like this customer service rep will get others to implement his talent. The experience I had with customer service.

Netflix is pushing Homosexual agenda on my children in Category and refuses to remove it or place a parental lock on it to remove it. Whenever my 2.5yo would watch Netflix, the LGBT category kept showing up on her home page. I called Netflix and customer service was absolutely useless. They said they can't do anything about it. I told them if they can't remove the Homosexual/AIDS category from my accounts then I will be forced to cancel my 10+ year subscription. I also have Amazon Prime TV and Android TV. I have no more use for Netflix and their homosexual-AIDS agenda being pushed on my children.

I have had a Netflix (Canadian) account for a few years, as I travel to non-English speaking countries frequently. When VPN use was blocked, I lost the ability to watch/access a lot. I am paying the equivalent of US pricing and I am getting a lesser service. Now, the price is going up. I am paying more for less. I can watch a Netflix Original show and not be able to access current episodes. If I can access these episodes online elsewhere, but cannot access them through Netflix itself (the service I pay for), what is the point of having an account?

A long time ago I took advantage of the free month from Netflix - I only used it for about 2 or 3 days as the site was far from user friendly. Looking for UHD/4K/Bluray content I checked out Netflix again. But I had to pay this time to see the content and went for their more expensive UHD package. However once inside it is clear that whatever UHD content that is available is simply somewhere in their list of movies etc. and when you click on a movie (eg Call Saul) you are not informed what the format is or given a choice. When you "chat" to anyone at Netflix about this you are just wasting your time - they try to confuse the simple issue with all sorts of nonsense. And for an internet service, guess what - no email facility or other way to get your concerns across. Talk about "head in the sand" - unbelievable in the 21st Century. So my new membership has lasted less than one day - I have canceled again.

I am a new user of Netflix. I was hesitant to call tech support due to previous experiences with other companies. I was delighted when I was connected to a real person within 20 seconds! Rose was pleasant, cheerful and very knowledgeable. Thank you for a great experience, Rose! I would highly recommend Netflix!!

I have previously signed up to the Netflix one month free trial, and recently received an email offering me another one. I immediately signed up to this through the email which already had my details, so no payment details needed to be added to sign up. I had set up the payment plan with Netflix previously using PayPal as a payment method should I wish to continue after the free trial.

After signing up I received an email to say welcome back to Netflix, and I checked that it was working on my TV and thought everything was fine... that is until moments later when I received the email from PayPal to say 7.49 had been taken by Netflix! I rang Netflix straight away and the customer services representative said I had received a spoof email??? I tried very hard to explain that I had not given payment details, and it was indeed Netflix who took payment, so how could the email be spoof/fake? He talked over me the entire time and even raised his voice to shut me up and told me that I was not listening to him! But I had to try and explain that the email couldn't have been fake, it had to have been a mistake on Netflix's part. I sent the email to their spoof email department, but I feel this was a redundant move as the email was from Netflix. He just didn't seem to want to admit it was a mistake.

Anyway, they gave me the free months trial which is good, but PayPal told me to cancel the payment agreement we had set up with them to stop them being able to take payment once the free trial ends... I got the impression they had heard this many times before. I wonder if Netflix have a glitch in their system, or is it a cunning way to get people to sign up and pay without even realising it in time to cancel? Perhaps not, but it is fishy nevertheless and leaves me with little trust in them now. To be shouted down by a customer services representative was perhaps the worst part. I have always known customer services in the US to be very good, and in the UK we occasionally receive this kind of rude service. But this time it shocked me a little bit, I felt very annoyed and think Netflix should be careful how they train their staff. That kind of rudeness is unacceptable really.

So I just found out tonight that since my streaming and dvd account with Netflix didn't start at the same time that if my payment is late I need to update my card to my account twice for them to take out both payments. I was like how in the world am I suppose to know that when I get an email stating that "your account was successfully charged and everything should work fine as long as you remain a Netflix customer." It's the most ridiculous system I have ever heard. I had about $400 in my account when I updated my information on Netflix, why should I have to update my card information twice when it's the same card!!! So now I have to wait until I get paid to pay for streaming which should have already been charged 2 weeks ago.

Netflix's system is broken and needs to be fixed. I work 86 hours a week, take care of 3 dogs, and go to school full time, I don't have time to be wondering if Netflix payments are going through when I have $400 or $1000 in my account. It's just ridiculous and all the supervisor could say was "I'm sorry and I'll report that problem because you should have been getting those emails." I'm like how about crediting my account for the inconvenience and for the fact that your company just messed up big time. It makes me not want to be a Netflix user, maybe I should just switch to Amazon prime instead or maybe even Hulu!!!

Netflix Company Profile