Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.18/5
Based on 2,528 ratings submitted in the last year

Netflix Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

The experience I've had with Netflix is mostly good. I am happy with their streaming quality and I like that I can adjust the quality to match whatever bandwidth I've got going on. The cost of their service is very affordable. The customer service is great...Most issues I have encountered have been taken care of in a matter of minutes! Their exclusive movies and series are almost always winners and they regularly add new movies to their lineup - particularly family movies, which is nice for us! I would like to see more new movies added more often, especially blockbuster type movies. It would also be nice if they didn't have so many voiced over foreign films in their lineup. Nothing against these movies, it's just that the voice over drives me nuts!

Original review: April 30, 2019

Hi, I am writing this review because I was amazed at the support I just received from Netflix's customer service. I'm just a college student, and I never normally write reviews. I wasn't paid to write this review at all. So I received an email from Netflix saying that my account was accessed from Westminster, United Kingdom (I lived in the US). Then, an email saying my password has changed. Finally, that my email associated to the account was updated to a different email. Immediately, I knew my account was hacked.

The email had a section saying, "If you did not ask to change your password we are here to help secure your account, just contact us." This allowed me to call up the Netflix customer service. I thought I would be linked to an automated service (like Lyft, Uber, or any other lazy tech company has in place in order to cut operation costs), but instead I was connected (within 1 minute) to a REAL person on the phone, who was super helpful.

She verified my account information, and within a couple minutes helped me win back control over my account. I am amazed at the customer service Netflix has given me. Again, there's a reason I decided to Google "Netflix Reviews" in order to write this review somewhere and expose this to the world. More tech companies need to learn from these customer service practices and put them in place. This was great. Thanks.

Get expert buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

NetFlix has a wide variety of movies and shows, the picture quality is good enough since we're not videophiles, sometimes we will be watching something and for a split moment the screen goes black which is probably due to internet speed once in a while lags. I kind of wish Netflix would put their entire library on the internet instead of having to order DVDs for a lot of films, but maybe that would require a huge increase in the cost of the servicing since they would have to be able to stream a lot more stuff?

Plus sometimes when I get a DVD it has scratches and is unplayable but NetFlix will send another just takes a bit of time. Otherwise it great to be able to watch shows in a much shorter time frame without having to deal with 20 minutes of advertising garbage that I have no interest in anyways! And it's a lot cheaper than cable which has more issues with video quality than NetFlix, plus I have control over what I want to see and when I want to see it; so I no longer have cable, just NetFlix and antenna tv.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Netflix is the first streaming service I’ve ever subscribed to though I now have three. I find that it has an extensive library of entertainment and have enjoyed countless hours of viewing. I’ve watched so many shows and movies that I even keel a list of all my favorites which I happily supply to my family and friends who ask for recommendations. I feel like I’ve become quite a connoisseur of entertainment. I have especially enjoyed the many British and Australian shows; most of which I would probably have never gotten a chance to watch if it hadn’t been for Netflix. I also particularly like the Netflix original series - of course, starting with Orange is the New Black. I watch almost each and every recommendation that the service offers to me and it’s always on point!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Netflix gives the most bang for the buck! Their original programming is outstanding! I would like to them more in-line with Hulu in providing new Network content a few days after it airs; however not understanding the complexities of licensing and contract structure, that may not be a viable/profitable road for them. They are the best and handling bandwidth during peak hours as I never see a streaming issue with Netflix as I do with some of the other major streaming services. There is definitely room to branch out on TV content and perhaps some local options in the future. All in all, Netflix is our go to service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I called in Sept 2019 to ask about a charge for a second Netflix account. In that call the first level tech support blacklisted my card even though I in the next few minutes told him not to do so, that it may have been a family member making the charge. Netflix's faulty accounting algorithm blacklisted my cc which has a perfect payment record for many years.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

When I called they said, "You started a streaming "just now" which is the only activity on the account for a year and because of that, we can't refund you!!!" I asked them what I was streaming and they said they can't tell me. It seems like the agent I called clicked to view something and because of that, "the system" wouldn't let me get a refund. Thieves.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I have been a Netflix customer for over 10 years and the DVD service has gone from excellent to poor! We used to mail to a local center in the same state and would receive a replacement DVD in 2-3 days tops, now we wait about 3-5 days for them to receive the DVD in another state and another 3-5 days to get the DVDs they mail out. On top of that, the first 20 items in my DVD queue have a short, long or very long wait, especially new releases. I have waited upwards of 6 months for a new release as it sat in the first slot of my queue, which is ridiculous.

All the while, they have continuously increased the monthly DVD subscription cost. If they are going to decrease their service, they should also decrease the amount you pay for that service! And also maybe let you know that you will no longer have a place to return your DVDs in state and that it will take longer for them to receive a disc that I mail from AZ to CA than it does to send something by first class mail from AZ to Maine! Last but not least - I cannot rate their service using Netflix, nor is there a way to provide feedback, whether it be positive or negative.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I had a bad experience with Netflix. I did register my credit card for a couple of months to watch movies over the mobile. I could not continue according to my business so that I terminated my Netflix account. The tricky part that Netflix could not allow you to remove the credit card. Furthermore, they don't advise you either the way to remove it which is only through the call centre. After the service has been stopped within two weeks I realised that someone hacked my account and watched the movies over the web portal. I tried to cancel the membership again as they returned back automatically and refund back the payment with no avail. The conclusion that Netflix is not secured so that I never recommend it at all.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

When I first joined Netflix DVD, the service was wonderful. When I mailed back a DVD I received another one from my Queue in 2-3 days. Now it's 6-7 days. They sometimes act like I don't have a queue and delay sending me another selection despite my lengthy queue. When I request a TV show sometimes, they pretend they never heard of it, even when it's a current Netflix show. I have called several times to complain about this without satisfaction. Are they just trying to drive away their DVD customers?

Netflix expert review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

• Best for: people who want a variety of older movies and TV shows streamed on multiple devices.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout