Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.11/5
Based on 1,507 ratings submitted in the last year

Netflix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: May 21, 2020

Live stream is one of the newest thing we have to be able to watch while we're away from home. Netflix has great quality service. You can binge watch series that you may have wanted to watch but didn't want to watch from season 4. Just start it at season 1 and go. Don't have to be at home, you just take it with you. Sit outside by your pool and still watch your favorite movie. Netflix is up on new movies. Adding new ones everyday. They also show you what you might be interested in by what you watch. A big variety of new movies and series as well as old ones you might have forgotten. Need to take advantage of Netflix versus cable or satellite TV.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Netflix has the most variety of all genre for all ages, best recommended and Netflix only movies. Did I mention the price I pay? Well, no other streaming service can beat them. Netflix has a perfect user friendly service that even a three year old can use. Netflix is Personal. It's like a friend. Did you know Binge watching was a thing? Well I didn't until I watched The Good Witch series when I was sick in bed, Episode after Episode. I was hooked on Netflix. I think it actually made me feel better quicker? I don't know of any other services that can do that. I know I would be heartbroken if Netflix ever ended its Service or let some other company take them over.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Once I find a movie or a series I like I love it, especially how series just roll into next episode. However FINDING something (unless I know it by name) to watch is more challenging. While the interface groups into genres I find it just keeps showing they same titles. I absolutely HATE how "new releases" are really "New to Netflix" I want NEW as in THIS YEAR at least. IF the genre listings took into account shows I a. watched (all of it) and/or b. rated as liked and then prioritized in those genre listings I would find it more valuable. Also if I had control over which lists/genres list & their filters that would be even better.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Not sure problem I had other day was because of Netfix, Roku, or Fios, but I contacted Netflix and rep stayed with me in the online chat for almost an hour. She was very courteous and helpful. (Forgot her name, was it Michelle!) Turned out had to update password! As far as viewing is concerned, would appreciate if Netflix could do something about options regarding how many person could view at the same time. And how persons could log into their own "page" or whatever they call it. I have a Roku, and my daughter owns the Netflix account, but on Roku, I can log onto to my own page! I'm using the "main" page, which is owner of the account with Netflix. Do not have this problem with my iPad.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I first started with Netflix years ago. Then I tried Hulu... which I rarely watch because the plan I have makes me watch commercials. The whole reason for going to streaming was to alleviate those commercials. Although not having commercials, I find I am not going to the fridge as much and thus have lost weight... win/win. Also on Hulu, if you stop the program you are watching, you have to start over again and find the place where you ended. Very poor. I also am currently on Prime through a promo. I have not been impressed with Prime. But that may be my inability to travel around the Prime conglomerate. All to say is that I came back to Netflix and it has everything that I need or want at this point in time.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Netflix has lost thousands of titles, all movies and shows by Netflix are **, most are too short, they end stupid, they only have 1 or 2 seasons, and what is left is outdated movies, whereas Amazon Prime and others have newer shows and movies available. Tired of being let down, watching great series or movies only to be disappointed and their support the worst in the world.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I always had the high def plan but times are tough so I downgraded. The downgrade should only be the pixel quality but it isn't. Everything I watched was choppy. This is how they get you to upgrade by making your watching experience annoying. It's a rip off.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

Be very careful if you use Netflix! If you're not it could give your computer a virtual incurable STD! Really, let me explain. A couple of years ago I got really sick. I'm talking about not being able to leave bed, and just wishing that it would just all end. And this is embarrassing to admit but I also needed something playing to help me sleep, I only had Netflix so I used it next to all of the time. Because of all of that Netflix decided that I binge watched too much. They decided to "punish me" by automatically skipping over the "recap" of the previous episodes, even though I have always wanted to watch it. I personally feel like even if I know what has happened if I don't watch the re-cap then I'm missing something. That's just my opinion, and I thought that is what I was paying for...

That went on for over a year. I did not tell many people about this, but the ones that I did tell they all said the same thing "don't you pay for streaming/binge watching?" All I could say is "yes, but I guess Netflix wants to be a dictatorship, and they don't care." I foolishly thought that maybe if I forced it to go to the very end of every episode then maybe it would fix it. Unfortunately that just ended up making it about 100x worse! Like I said I was foolish thinking that I could fix it and now I feel stupid for not thinking that Netflix would decided to "punish me" again by now taking away the the description of the next episode, along with the year that the show came out and the running time, and whatever info that might be there. And only giving me about 3 seconds before automatically playing the next episode.

The reason why I say it'll give your computer a VIRTUAL S.T.D. is because this happened at my old apartment. When I first called to cancel my subscription the person that I talked to said that if I start a new account that I should start it with a new email address. I did do that but the issue was still there. When I called back someone said that it must be connected to the IP address. After canceling that account I moved, now I was thinking that it might actually work. Before starting a new account my old laptop broke and I got a new one. (I have never done anything with Netflix on the new router or modem.) So when I got the new laptop I thought that I would try it again. But unfortunately my old laptop has now infected the new IP address. I canceled that account, and tried setting up a new account with my roommate's computer, and of course because that computer was on the same IP address the same issue was still there.

In that time I have also contacted Netflix at privacy@netflix.com to ask them to go ahead and take all of my info off of their site before the 8-10 months. (I've been told both time frames, I don't know which one is the real one.) I asked them to take it off from all of the different email addresses I've used with Netflix. (Every time I made a new account I used a new email address.) They sent me emails confirming that they have all been deleted. When I tried again the problem was still there, I don't think there is anything I can ever do to fix this. I can't go out and buy a new laptop and new router AND modem. Even if I did I really don't think that that'll ever work. So like I said it's an incurable virtual S.T.D. that is extremely infectious to any computer that is on the same IP address. (My roommate is bummed that he can not use Netflix as well!)

I really thought that asking them to take my info off would work. But like I said it's incurable. I've had people that I've talked to at Netflix tell me that they are having the tech people look at it/fix it. I don't know if they were just lying to me, or maybe the tech people never even tried to fix it. Either way, I'm tired of paying for a service that does not work properly.

I know that since quarantine has gone into effect Netflix has been encouraging people to stay home and binge on Netflix. I just hope that no one listens or that Netflix has stopped giving people virtual STDs. I feel like because Netflix gives people the option to "skip recap" then people should have the opportunity to choose whether or not they want to skip or not. And not have Netflix automatically decide for them. Why have that option if they just go ahead and choose for people?

I've talked to many people at Netflix (over the phone and by chat). 99% of the time they seem that they don't care at all. And EVERYONE says that that is not a known issue and there is nothing that they can do about it. But Netflix claims that they are all about giving good customer service... I've asked to be transferred to the tech department, but they never allow that. I've even tried "reporting a problem." Nothing has ever changed because of doing that. I've "reported a problem" MANY times. I don't understand why they don't care. But I'm pretty sure they only care about your money and not the people GIVING the money...

Like I said before I was very sick when Netflix decided to automatically make these changes to my account. I was on and off sick for over two years. I really can't even begin to explain how horrible I felt. Now every time I watch Netflix I'm reminded of the darkest and literally the most painful years of my life. It would be really nice to not have Netflix rub that in my face any more than it needs to be. Trust me when I say I don't need anything to remind me of that time in my life!

I think it's worth mentioning that I did try and get this message to someone at Netflix that might have been able to fix the issues that I'm having before posting it here. If they did get it then clearly they did not care. But I think it's more likely that the message was never passed on to whoever needed to get it. It felt like most of the people I talked/DMed with did not know or care (at all) about it. Some even seemed very annoyed that I would even bother to contact them looking for help. Other people did not seem to understand what I was talking about, no matter how I tried to describe it.

One of the main reasons why I'm posting this is so that other people can avoid making the same mistake that I did. So if you use/looking for a streaming service and you plan on using it to help you sleep, help with an animal that has separation anxiety, because of quarantine, or you just feel like binge watching, or any reason you might have then I would recommend finding something other than Netflix! The other reason why I'm posting this is because maybe just maybe Netflix might fix this issue. (Although I really doubt it!) I would like to have an account with them, but because of all of the reasons above it's not worth it to me. I really hope this helps people make an informed decision on which streaming service to use. Please if you do not think it is ok for Netflix to infect your computer/IP address like this then please re-post/send it along! Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

Netflix asked me to update credit card information... it will not let me update it. When I called Netflix they charged a different account with the new credit card but not my account. Now they will not credit me back for the charge they did on another account or transfer that payment to my account and they are telling me that the only way to keep my account operating is with Netflix gift cards. How greedy has corporate America become. They steal from me and to keep on using them they will not even refund what they stole.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

Shame, Shame, in the height of a pandemic, so many people lost their jobs, there are long lines on food banks, some people are losing their homes and businesses and Netflix decides to raise prices, Shame.

Netflix author review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team