1.59/5

1425 Netflix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Netflix would not accept any of my payment methods, it just kept coming up with error with payment. I called customer service and spent an hour on the phone to be told they didn't know what was wrong, not to contact my bank as they won't know either. Called the bank anyway and they didn't know. Called customer service back. Was told to use a gift card, purchased one and still wouldn't work so contacted the help center again, they told me there was nothing they could do so I requested a supervisor and they told me there wasn't any. I eventually got through to a manager who just repeated there was nothing I could do, after trying to load the £20 gift card onto the account it still won't work or let me use the gift card elsewhere. I was then told they couldn't do anything and even when I tried to set up a new account I had the same issue. I tried on the TV, my phone, a tablet, laptop, PC and firestick and the same issue every time.

I spent nearly 4 hours on the phone with Netflix only to be told there was nothing they could do. They wouldn't reimburse the gift card money and some people just can't watch it. I asked to make a formal complaint and was told they don't have a complaints department. A multi billion pound company doesn't have the facility to receive complaints. This phone call only served to prove that Netflix don't care about their customers and have gotten too big for their boots. Now there are more and more streaming services popping up they will lose a lot of customers. I was appalled at the lack of empathy and problem solving. I have been told that for reasons they can't explain I will NEVER be able to watch Netflix again. I hope this all comes crashing down around their ears.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I tried explaining that there was a technical issue but the representative refused to help or look deeper into the issue. I asked for a supervisor and he said he would find one but that there isn't a technical issue. When I had said that I wanted to access downloading correctly, the representative said it was just a feature and Netflix is really for streaming. I continued to explain what the issue was. I was getting a new error - "Download Error. You have too many downloaded videos. Please delete a video and try again. (VC2-CV2-M1-B22005)," when trying to download episodes of a tv show. I had been able to download 10 episodes 2 days before and today I couldn't get more than 3.

The representative told me that he wouldn't forward the issue to the technical department because the issue was a licensing issue. I have no other episodes downloaded and my device has room for downloading. Instead of helping me I was told that 1) Netflix is for streaming and not downloading so it didn't matter I had downloading issues and 2) the error was a restriction even though I had 0 problems downloading more episodes prior to the error. This company doesn't care about what a customer has to say but they'll keep increasing my monthly charges. Customer service doesn't want to resolve anything. I am researching my other options. I'm tired of a company not caring about resolving issues and just wants to take a monthly payment.

Get expert buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My at home movie list was outdated. I had returned all my movies and they were still on the at home list for too long. I called to report it and my account was put on hold until an investigative team could get back to me in 72 hours. I had called to speed up the process which had stalled, and Netflix delayed it further as a response. This is the second time this has happened over a period of years. It happened a year or so ago when I reported a few movies not being removed promptly from the at home list after being returned. That time the rep threatened to close my account. Do not expect Netflix to be concerned with the impact of their incompetence, customer unfriendly policies, and poor quality of service. They retaliate. Given that they are largely a monopoly, this is very serious behavior.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Hooorrible! You are forced to watch previews of anything the cursor lands on. They keep removing actually decent shows & replacing them with complete garbage. Customer service is a passive aggressive JOKE! You will be a bigger idiot moron for just watching most of their selections. They do NOT care what people think- because they keep getting fat stacks of $$$ every month from everyone they are screwing over & up. Complete corrupted garbage.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Gore Vidal documentary 'Best of Enemies' cut to pieces - Documentary re watched within a week and loads left out. All footage of partner, watching him pack up his house on the cliff in his old age, his views on JFK time in White House. Childhood relationship with love of his life and footage of his and info on his Mother and footage about his dad marrying Jackie Onassis' mother. Tonnes and tonnes cut out. Big Brother at work. Put it back you dodgy mongrels.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I am a disabled senior on a fixed income. I was looking for ways to reduce monthly expenses. Checking my bank statement I realized I've been double billed by Netflix for two years. Yes, I should have found this sooner, but life is hard and no paper bills or statements anymore. I have trouble going online, so I didn't. Contacted Netflix. They agreed I've been double-billed, but they will only refund 3 months. They knew that this was happening, but continued to take my money. They never contacted me, they just continued to take my money. I guess they needed that $10.99 a month more than I do. They claim company policy.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My Netflix account was hacked. I know this because I received back to back emails stating my password and email address had been changed, when I knew I hadn't logged in for a while. I immediately called the customer service number that is published, spoke to three different employees (one was a manager), and was told that nothing could be done because it was a DVD subscription. However, they were able to identify my account and tell me this... and asked for my credit card information to verify my identity. None of this made any sense to me. I find it alarming in this day and age that an online subscription has live customer service available who cannot put a hold on account to protect a victim from fraud. There are a few other reasons my household was irritated with Netflix, but this was a dealbreaker for us. Security is paramount.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Netflix is okay, I like it and have been subscribed on and off for a couple years now, but recently they got rid of the reviews and five star rating and I hate that. I have no reviews to read before I watch something and without ratings, how are movies/TV shows being recommended to my personal taste? They say not many people were leaving/reading reviews and I don't believe that at all. I would be A LOT happier if Netflix gave us back the ability to rate/review content on their site.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Reported a disc as unplayable (Banner heading on it said disc dirty, and no amount of cleaning helped. Would not play.). Requested a replacement be sent. Same disc was sent out the 2nd time! Apparently, reported discs remain in circulation so the next recipient can also be disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I remember why I left Netflix in the past, their competitor has so much more to offer other than just old TV shows and Netflix movies. Netflix needs to do better, just horrible. With great Internet movies shouldn't take so long to stream, Netflix is horrible.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Netflix claims to have stopped allowing reviews because of declining usage. Puh-lease. Give it up, Netflix. You removed the reviews feature because you're afraid to have people posting negative reviews of your original programming. FTW, dudes, grow up. Consumers use reviews to help make buying (watching, reading, whatever) decisions. Amazon has the ** to let people stomp on their original programming, don't be such a wuss. And if you want to reduce the proportion of negative reviews, then improve your programming. There's never going to be a show that everyone likes.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I have a big issue with being forced to watch a preview of something if I so much as hover my cursor over a selection. It is very distracting and irritating, as I have never been in the habit of making viewing selections based on previews that were literally shoved at me. I wish that Netflix would read the complaints here! I have been a loyal customer of Netflix since 2006, and now I find myself viewing programs on this site less and less, and going to Amazon. Sometimes, I am already listening to music while I browse Netflix for something to watch, and it is incredibly annoying when one of these previews start playing. If they would at least let customers CHOOSE to watch a preview, it would make more sense. Most of the time I am so irritated that I close the browser window without choosing anything. Who thinks up these ideas, anyway?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Need re-instate review system; at minimum a 5 star rating scale. Without a review and rating system it became impossible to choose a program. Netflix used to be my favorite but recently subscribed to Amazon, which is just as good. Not a fan of Hulu because commercials.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I want streaming services such as this because I like to binge watch shows. That has become nearly impossible on Netflix now. After every episode, instead of advancing to the next episode, it just switches back to the browser screen. Then you have to find the show you just had and start over again. I am feeling like binge watching is no longer allowed, and I am being forced to watch programming that I have no interest in. The browsing page has the show I was watching buried further down. While searching for it again, everything I mouse over starts chattering away, as if I'm interested. Netflix is no longer relaxing. It's just annoying. After this month expires, I am going back to Amazon. You can get Prime streaming service only from them for about the same price as Netflix.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Netflix in Canada has become a virtual plethora of crappy titles that wouldn't make it on cable, even if cable were reasonably priced. A lot the Canadian content is sub-titled foreign movies and series. Many of the good foreign dramas, like Magnificent Century, Netflix gives you one season and then no more. They need to do something to provide more prime-time, English drama and series (vs the imbalance towards non-English and non-French even) to Netflix Canada customers. Additionally, the Netflix algorithm for recommending titles is so basic, I have to wonder if were not written by someone in diapers!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

First, they stopped letting you see the average review out of their 5-star review system. They offered no real explanation and everyone hated it. We got over it. You could still review and rate a title, so good enough. Then they started forcing you to watch a trailer for every single title you hover over instead of just letting you read the description or at least letting you opt-out of the trailers. Now, you're literally not allowed to review anything on the site. Watched a terrible tv show or movie? Want to express to other watchers that it was terrible? Sorry, not allowed. Their excuse? Nobody is using the reviews. Absolutely wrong.

Every title on the site had a review within a day of going up. The real reason? They're trying to cover up the fact that so many of their original creations are terrible. They have one or two original series that are redeemable, a handful of decent original movies, and then everything else is garbage. They're trying to cover up that all of their original content is total trash instead of just making better content. The worst part is that the customer base has been rejecting all of these changes for years and they don't care. You are literally ignoring your customers' opinions. That is not how you keep a company afloat.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have been using Netflix for a few months now. I have on several occasions "requested" movies on my TV but am unable to complete the connection. Along with this the set becomes frozen where I have to unplug then plug back into the outlet to correct the setting of the TV. I am dissatisfied with the service and will be cancelling.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Netflix has always questionably charged more and more for streaming online with little option given to subscribers (I remember when it was $7.99 and I've never actually asked for more services), but the most recent experience has been the worst. Found out 8/1/2018 that I've been upgraded to the Premium tier at 14.99 since February 23rd! I never authorized an upgrade to their highest tier.

After a check with customer service, I learned anyone, even the kids, can authorized the upgrade if the account is signed in. WELL OF COURSE THE ACCOUNT IS SIGNED IN, THE KIDS COULDN'T USE IT IF IT WASN'T! I pointed out to them that guess what, Hulu DOES confirm your account credentials when you attempt to access the account settings, apart from just being signed in to watch. That's how it should be done!

After reminding them I'm upset, the charges were not authorized, and I'm not afraid to move to Hulu or Amazon exclusively, or even the new Disney service potentially, they still wouldn't offer me any recompense whatsoever. They thought telling me to configure my text alerts solved the problem. NO! That's just a band-aid guys! Everyone and anyone can miss an e-mail or text alert under the right circumstances. I want a guarantee of the security of my account. This should be BEYOND EASY for a million dollar company to do. It's more than suspicious how easy they've made it to be overcharged without consent. Going to seriously consider other services. Bye Netflix!

Original review: July 31, 2018

I created an account for my mother for which my card is regularly charged. During this time her card was being charged for what she thought was the same account. After 22 months we realized we were both paying for the same service and called CS to cancel one form of payment. We were informed that her payment was not being applied to her active account but rather a fraudulent account in Honduras. Obviously we contacted the bank immediately to cancel the card. We asked that Netflix refund the charges for the bogus account but were told that their policy only allows for a two month refund despite the facts that they've been receiving payments for nearly 2 years. As a long time customer with several other active accounts, I expected a quick resolution ie: a refund for the fraudulent charges.

Instead, I realize that there is a lack of security with their payment mechanism and a complete disregard for customer satisfaction. I was told by a service manager that the process of retrieving these stolen funds which they now possess was tedious and probably not worth the time it would take. He also made it clear that they will not assist in this process in any way. I guess the size and success of a company does not guarantee that they care about their customers' interests. The fraudulent account was created using only a debit card number with no other personal information linked to the account. I'd suggest that any reputable business would take an interest in resolving this type of issue promptly and would immediately return the stolen funds. Netflix has no problem keeping 20 months of fraudulent payments and that tells you all there is to know about the integrity of this company.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I have had less than favorable experiences with other streaming sites. Netflix is absolutely the best deal for the money. The DVD service is also very good. I believe the best deal for those wanting to watch just cable TV shows and movies is the Netflix streaming service along with the DVD service.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Jay from Netflix was amazing and gave GREAT customer service! Thank you Jay. I was unsure of what I was doing and Jay walked me through it as well as waited on the phone with me till I was completely satisfied and continued on with emails! Excellent job Jay!

Original review: July 10, 2018

I'm glad I monitor what my kids watch... just went onto my daughter's Netflix profile to watch a show with her and she decided on the show Nailed It. Very disappointed... within the first 5 minutes the host cursed, talking about getting some action on a date and the thing they are making are vodka soaked cake pops... seriously this shouldn't be on Netflix Kids.

Original review: July 6, 2018

My experience with Netflix after canceling my account and returning 3 discs was horrible!! They charged me for a disc which was returned and refused to return my money to me!! They are thieves!! They have gone downhill over the years! Their customer service is bad!! I wouldn't recommend them to anyone!!

Original review: July 1, 2018

I cancelled Netflix before the 30 day trial was over. It was the same movies and shows it's always been. They ran my card THREE TIMES taking money that I did not authorize them to take. I called customer service and spoke to a very fast talking rep that did say she was issuing the refund but it would take 30 days!! It was a mistake on their end and I felt it unfair to have to wait and asked to speak to the supervisor to see if anything could be done sooner.

This phone conversation has been polite, effective and very fast at this point THEN the floor supervisor George gets on the phone and is rude and dismissive. He is talking over me and making condescending remarks. I asked him to respect and acknowledge my concern as a customer service rep for this company. I told him I was in customer service as well and this call would be PERFECT for training purposes on how NOT to speak to a customer and he hangs up on me. It is Sunday afternoon and I was blatantly disrespected by a company EVERYONE I knows pays for every month. I'm glad I cancelled.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Movies are horrid!!!! They have been cycling the SAME "Classic Movies" over and over and over and over and over... Getting tired of me saying over and over, well that how I feel about the same damn movies they've been peddling for a year now. CANCELING MY SUBSCRIPTION???

Original review: May 28, 2018

I have a complaint with Netflix. They've been charging me since 2016 on my account and I have not using it since 2016 on May and they still charging me now in 2018 and I had already told them close today and they're still charging me higher and higher charge. I am very upset about this money taken out from my account every month and I'm not using Netflix in 2016 in May. Please make this stop. I need that money back. Thank you.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I was calling to update my payment method. They had tried to take my payment out and I hadn't transferred money to that card yet. Well I transferred the money but their system still wouldn't take my card. So I called customer service. My mistake. They were the rudest people I have ever dealt with at this company. They were unwilling to do anything to help and had me ready to call membership by the time I finally just hung up. They wouldn't listen to me when I was trying to tell them they needed to refresh their system on my account so it would take my card. I talked to 2 different people and they both were awful. After I hung up I tried my card again and it finally took my card without their help. If you work in customer service it is your job to help the customer. If you don't like that don't work in that field.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I am a loyal customer to Netflix. I really love their original shows and movies but in the past few months the site has been overcrowded with these suck ** Bollywood movies. I understand that you want to broaden your selection but it's overloaded with this suckage. I rather watch Kung Fu with subtitles than this crap. Please create an option for people to create their own categories for them and just alert users as the new shows and movies come in. Thank you.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Horrible programming that feels very political everything. This would be ok if it was even but it's mostly liberal hate targeted towards cops, **, and straight people. They program "dear ** people and **" are full of hate towards ** can't believe it's actual shows now they bring in the largest race barker on history to develop shows lol. It's the equivalent saying let's have Al Sharpton produce for them it will be full of hate. I will never even watch their programs for Free America!!!

Original review: May 18, 2018

In May of 2018 I discovered Netflix was fraudulently withdrawing money twice per month for 9 months and now refuse to issue a refund for eight of those months. I have to go through my bank to get my money back. There is a glitch in their system (that they appear to be aware of) when you update your personal information. Rather than update the account, a second account was created and Netflix "saw" similarities so they linked the two accounts and billed accordingly. I cancelled both accounts. Go Hulu and Amazon!!

Netflix expert review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

• Best for: people who want a variety of older movies and TV shows streamed on multiple devices.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout