1.4/5 (36 ratings)

About Netflix

Netflix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

I love Netflix, if you have T-Mobile as your phone carrier, you get it for free! Only complaint is they got rid of Shitts Creek :( But they have a great variety I think! A lot of good TV series, movies.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

It has been many months, and I cannot watch anything; the upload keeps circling as if trying to connect, but it doesn't. Often, the system keeps asking me to restart the app, but still not working. On most occasions, I need to log into the app repeatedly and can still not watch anything. Fraud and rip off.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

So I got bank records showing that Netflix is charging me $20 a month for services apparently for accounts that don't exist when I try to log in they want me to pay another $20 just to log in can we say fraud.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

We Suspended our DVD plan some time ago because we found that we were not using DVDs anymore. However, after "suspending" this part of our plan, we were still being charged $10/month - for NOT GETTING ANY DVD's! When I made this change It did NOT tell me that I would still be charged for the DVD plan. Why anyone would want to "Suspend" their DVD Plan and be charged for it, I have NO IDEA! I have called Customer Service and they said it has to be "Canceled." a "Suspension" just stops the DVDs from being delivered to your house. NETFLIX could be more Clear about this on their website, very misleading! Check your BILL and see what they are charging you for!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I do not recommend Netflix to anyone! On at least two occasions my account has been compromised, most recently my card was charged when I canceled my subscription months ago! My email is airtight, and I could see that it was hacked from different countries. I do not trust this company whatsoever, because they do not protect the information of its customers! I’ve never had a problem with accounts getting hacked with anything else! Netflix, if you’re going to charge so much for mostly subpar content, at least update your security to protect your customers!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Virtue signaling is the worst. We all know the guy who thinks he's all that. He goes around telling you how he's done everything and how good he is at whatever job you went to 8 years of college to learn how to do. But have you ever seen him do it? Have you ever seen him hold the door for an old lady at Walmart? Have you ever seen him get out of the car on a rainy day to catch a shopping cart that's rolling wildly through the parking lot? I bet you haven't. And if you do know a guy who does that stuff on the reg, I bet he doesn't go around telling you about it.

Well that's where Netflix comes in. (and it's not just them, they're just the tallest guy in the crowd and they're probably wearing a big hat which is keeping you from seeing the movie unless you lean over real far like you're sitting on a thick wallet...then you can't walk because your back hurts real bad and...) Netflix was great. That's why everyone had it and that's why all the other sub-services wanted to be like them. But then comes the inclusivity producer. Now you can't watch anything that Netflix produces without having their "virtue" shoved down your throat. THAT'S NOT HOW VIRTUE WORKS AND THAT'S NOT HOW YOU CHANGE HEARTS AND MINDS.

A well written story doesn't care what color its characters' skin colors are. Or how many working limbs they have. In fact, when you write an asynchronous character into a story JUST to be inclusive you aren't signaling your virtue. You're signaling that you don't think people who exhibit that physical or mental characteristic deserve their own story. And that's why people are dropping like flies from Netflix's poorly woven web. People want to be drawn into a story to see a new perspective. They want to be taken on a trip into the unbelievable but relatable.

Have you ever seen "Somewhere in Time"? Now, I'm not saying it's a great movie, but it features a VERY teachable scene that applies to this. *Spoilers* The guy goes back in time, mentally...he has to put on period clothing and rid himself of anything that could remind him that he 'isn't really in 1912'. So he does. He goes back and falls madly in love with a young stage actress. One night, after they've 'given themselves to each other' they have a picnic on their hotel room floor and laugh and talk about the future. The young man excitedly reaches into his pocket and pulls out a penny from 1972 that reminds him that he has basically been dreaming. He is 'pulled out of his reverie' back into the present and into his modern hotel room where he then spends the next few days dying of a broken heart.

This is what happens when you're watching an otherwise captivating Netflix film and they suddenly introduce a character that 'checks a box' on their inclusivity manifest. Listen...we don't care. We like people who treat us with the right kind of detached respect that we deserve simply be existing. We don't care what their skin color is or how many of their limbs work...or who they love. Sheesh...it's like vicarious narcissism. That's why people are quitting Netflix. It's not because they have too many choices. It's because Netflix ruins their programming trying to tell the world how virtuous they are.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Over the past 6 months I have been experiencing problems with my Netflix account. I try to access the app and it won’t load. I try to play a show and it continues to spin that it’s loading. Movies and shows will stop playing in the middle of the program. I am unable to watch anything again for at least 12 hours then everything is running smooth again until the next time.

I finally called Netflix today because I have not been able to access anything for two days. So, now the customer service person wants me to go through all this troubleshooting to find out the problem because supposedly there is an issue with Netflix and LG. Which must have just started 6 months ago because that’s when I started having problems. I informed the customer service agent that I am not spending my valuable troubleshooting a product that I have now had for about 7 years. I do not get paid for my time to do their job. Instead of listening to my complaint the agent continued to talk over me and tried to argue with me about troubleshooting. All I wanted was a refund for a portion of the time that I have not been able to use a product that I have paid for.

In the end, I cancelled my service with Netflix as I can find a more reliable streaming service to spend my hard earned money on. I was continually told that I don’t have a subscription to the service and I can cancel anytime so I did. I will continue to tell anyone who listens to look for another streaming service and forego Netflix. The cost has almost doubled in the last couple of years and the service and quality has greatly diminished.

Original review: July 25, 2022

When it works, it's fine. Content is a little boring, needs more varied selection. The app randomly kicks me out in mid playback. Doesn't happen every day, but some days it's impossible to continue watching a program. I have a 400 mbps connection, so it's not that. It also does not happen on Disney, Hulu, or prime, or any of a dozen ad-supported apps, only Netflix. Since I usually just switch to another service when it happens twice during a program, I'm thinking I might be better off just cancelling it for a year or so to see if they can get their act together.

Original review: July 23, 2022

I have been a Netflix customer for more than 5 years now. I had to call them because I just discover they have been billing me twice monthly. So, when I asked them to reimburse me the whole time, they have been double billing me. They said, they can't because there is another account on my billing. So, Netflix is scamming customers, and they don't take account you are a loyal customer. So, I am done with Netflix, and I will advise anyone if you want to get scam be my guest. Otherwise, stay away from Netflix.

Original review: July 3, 2022

Netflix has really gone down hill! They charge way too much money and any time they get a new series that’s any good they cancel after one season. I actually got so frustrated that I stopped using my app. I get a tear free through my phone but I won’t be continuing. I would rather watch a streaming service that continues to provide entertainment for current customers than one who only cares about getting new subscribers. They don’t care about keeping long time customers happy at all which is a shame. Would give 0 stars if I could.

Netflix author review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team