Netflix

3885people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Netflix :

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

Great Customer service! I called today from Italy about a couple issues, and their representative were extremely helpful in resolving all issues. Netflix Rocks, and will be keeping it for life. I think the representative name was James.

Netflix thank you for treating your loyal long time customers like they matter. The fact that you keep our price locked for being with you makes me happy. Other companies should follow suit. It would serve them well. There is a lack of customer value nowadays and you have been a game changer. New customers should have a different rate than those whom have been around for years. Netflix for life for me. 7.99 makes me smile. I always recommend you to others.

The first month free is a scam. I was charged for my free first month. Then advised it was due to the phone being used before. My phone is a brand new phone. Then was advised they will refund 3-7 business days. After that I still was not refunded. Called back to Scamflix and they proceed to lie and tell me it has been refunded contact my back. I call my bank and they states on sign of a refund. Call back again to Scamflix and now they tell me 10 business days. Ask why does it take 10 business to refund something 1- they should have never charged me for, 2- it only took less than 24 hours for them to take out my account. To date I still don't have my refund. They insist my bank has it. I would never refer anyone to this scam company.

I switched from a DVD plan to a streaming service and now find many movies are not available to "stream" but are available on DVD. WTF, now they want me to subscribe to both and this after raising the price of the streaming service. I enjoy watching a movie when I want and not have to wait for it in the mail, but 2 years ago they said they were going to cancel the mail service because all the movies could be streamed. NOT. Of course the best movies aren't available at all.

What is up with all the foreign movies with subtitles? If I wanted to read about a movie I would read a book. Last thing I want to do is read a movie, it is called a movie because you watch it not read it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

If you want to see new shows just go to Hulu or YouTube. Please don't bother with Netflix. It's... SO... NOT WORTH YOUR TIME!! Just try others like Hulu before you go to Netflix. I'm SORRY... I mean scamflix!!!

I love Netflix... their original programming is awesome and the price is excellent. I am bothered, however, about how they throttle movies beginning at 10 pm every night. I am a responsible data user... I know how many gb I have in my AT&T account. I monitor my use constantly. I found an article that says Netflix says they are throttling "to protect the consumer from overages." PLEASE stop treating me like I am not a responsible adult and PLEASE STOP THROTTLING YOUR STREAMING SERVICE every night at 10 pm on AT&T.

We tried the free month-long trial Netflix offered wanting to know what the deal was about it. First off, the good points. It offered new and refreshing shows and movies that were not readily available online or on cable channels with HD quality such as Jane the Virgin, Jessica Jones, How to Get Away with Murder, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Daredevil, etc. It was entertaining following such shows and I liked that Netflix recommended movies and shows based on my viewing preferences. That introduced me to similar shows that were worth checking out. Another good point is Netflix allows various users to create their own account and chose and save the shows they like.

A few downside to Netflix include the fact that some of the offered shows do not have available episodes. Since it's dependent on the internet, a stable connection with high speed is a must to be able to enjoy and maximize it. Compared to cable TV, the price is almost the same; however; the absence of news (local and international) was one of the deciding factors why we didn't continue with Netflix. Overall, Netflix is a good option for shows and movies, but it is not recommended when one's internet connection is an issue.

I've had huge issues with this stuck at 25% issue. I'll be watching a show and then they'll get stuck at 25% - same when I want to watch a movie. It's even more annoying when you take the time to weed through the many lists to find something you're actually interested in and... no luck. And yes, I've reset everything. I've backed in and out, turned things off and on. After research still nothing works and it's beyond annoying. It's getting to the point where I won't continue service because I can't watch what I paid for. Thank goodness for Hulu and Amazon Prime.

I have been using Netflix for around 4 years now, mainly to watch movies instantly, but it is becoming tiresome how they keep endlessly removing movies from streaming. I understand that it has to do with rights to the films, but come on guys, do you really need to remove EVERY good flick from streaming??? I am seriously about to close my Netflix account completely over this!!!

When I signed up for 1 month free trial I was assured no payment would be taken from my card until the end of free trial period. But payment for a full month was taken within 24 hours of taking the trial period. I have been in touch with them and they are adamant that no payment was taken despite my assurances that payment has been taken. So I have cancelled my subscriptions and got in touch with my bank. Avoid this company at all costs if you do not want any hassle.

I have one complaint about Netflix. Most of the good movies, especially good foreign films, appear in the unavailable list with delivery time "unknown". They can be in this category for years and years. If there is no intention of ever making it available, why not say so? Why keep the film in limbo?

I do not recall signing up for two separate charges or services. I thought I was paying too much for the terrible services at the $7.99, then to find out I am paying for 2 separate services and $22 a month in all?? For Streaming and DVDs. Why on earth would I want two separate services with the same company and 2 separate billings? Sounds like a scam. Then I call the Customer service line. They have no idea, and don't care. If I really wanted to waste an entire day to request to speak with a human to request I be refunded for two separate services/billings to me for however many months they were billing me for two separate services. Then I decide to read up on some reviews to see if others have the same issue. Imagine that, I am not the only one!

Totally the same type of crap that happens with Comcast. All of a sudden I have extra services. The same robotic customer service experience, the person reading a screen telling me how sorry they are for the inconveniences. I dislike Comcast and if Netflix is affiliated in any way with Comcast, no thank you! I would have cancelled Netflix long ago. This just made it simple. I cancelled Netflix today.

I have been using Netflix Canada account for quite long time. There is so many shows. Movies are missing comparing to US account, and lost serial is lost from my account. It was there previously. There is no ETA for Better Call Saul serial session 2. There is no session 8 is available for serial called Weeds. Already called customer care center but my issue is not solved yet. Like these I have so many complaints for Netflix Canada account. Please help me sorted out all these things.

Viewing movies on Netflix has been an enjoyable experience for me, so far. They have a great selection to choose from and I like how they can be filtered by category, making it easier to look for specific types of movies that I'm in the mood to see. I appreciate the site making movie suggestions based on what I've viewed recently and I find it awesome that they have so many original series of sorts to choose from. However, I noticed that they hardly have any Disney/Pixar movies available. I think it'd be great to see them available there as they're good for my daughter and nieces to watch, and myself too. But apart from that, Netflix has been a reliable companion during days or nights of free time and relaxation.

You know I was a subscriber for a long time then they jacked up the price and I quit. So then the idiot CEO sends an email to the zillions of people he pissed off literally saying "Ok I'm an idiot please come back and I did." My bad. So now they throttle and I don't get service but still get charged. Complained and they have same "so what" attitude. Won't be back until the board fires that dishonest jerk. Hope they go out of business. Don't let them screw you.

I think the answer to so many Netflix complaints since it merged with Comcast is simple. Netflix was destroying Comcast. Comcast acquired it and is sabotaging it. My only recent complaint is the request for my phone number. The choice is now or later not never. It is small but they are starting to sound evil like Google and others that compile and sell your profile to marketers and government.

I previously enjoyed excellent, personal customer service with Netflix. Now a real live human being answers (giving the impression of personal service), listens patiently to your issue before transferring you to the "dvd department". What else is Netflix except dvd? Being in voicemail jail for 10 minutes was too frustrating, so I gave up. I no longer expect or enjoy personal, efficient customer service from Netflix. I guess they've just gotten too big for their britches and don't care.

Having been a member of Netfilx for over 8 years I was shocked to see my account canceled. I called and got Marcus on Saturday who was very nice and laughed at my name since he's a rapper. I told him how my Netflix wasn't working and he said it was because my credit card didn't accept their charges. I get an updated card every year (VISA) from my credit union but have always gotten an email from Netflix letting me know that there was a problem and that I should login to my account to update the card info... which I've done several times over the years of new cards. This time they never sent me any email but shut off my account. When I called, Marcus told me that he needed the last 8 digits of my old VISA card. Anyone who's ever gotten a new card knows that you destroy the old card when you get a new one. The new card (obviously) had a new card number and expiration date.

He said he couldn't help me unless I could give him the old cards number (of course I can't). Fast forward to the next day (Sunday), I called back to see if the info I'd been given was mistaken since, after thinking about it I realized there was no reason I shouldn't be able to login and give the new cards numbers. I spent another 45 min on the phone with Matthew with essentially the same story but this time was told that I should go to my credit union and get the old cards number. He put me on hold when I asked why I could receive the support emails but not one to reset my pword. When he came back on he said that he found that the pword email reset email was sent from a different server. Humm. Sounds like a server block to me.

I went to the bank today (Monday) and had to make the bank jump through some hoops since old card number info isn't usually stored once the new card is activated. I got the old numbers since I had 2 VISA accounts there. I called back and got the same story but asked if I understood correctly that they never sent me email notice that there was a billing problem and to update my card info so they just shut off my account so I wouldn't be able to login to update my card info. Yep. The rep I talked to didn't seem to get it so I got a supervisor (agent ID# **) Chris on the phone. He said that I never received an email because it was my Juno account's fault and it wouldn't receive their emails.

Longer story shortened... Somehow Netflix got the expiration date on my card wrong and that was why the card wasn't working. I recorded the entire call today on MP3 including the part where Chris, the "floor supervisor" hit a mute button or something and essentially cut off our conversation for about 3 min. He kept blaming the whole thing on my Juno email account. I never was able to get any one of the 4 different people I talked to over 3 days to actually hear my side. There's actually a lot more to this story but I'm trying to be as brief as possible. IE I'm getting a good deal because I signed up 8 years ago and now it's $9.99 instead of $7.99. and more, yada yada. Not sure they're worth your time.

They don't have some of the shows I would be interested in. But they did finally add one South Park movie. They need more South Park and they need Falling Skies. More too, just can't think of them. Good overall though.

My account was hacked into a couple of months ago. Luckily, I noticed it pretty quickly and called Netflix customer service to fix it. They said it was happening more and more and we walked through the steps to fix it. What they didn't tell me is that the hackers had increased my account to the max. monthly cost, when it had previously been the lowest monthly cost. In my opinion, since they deal with this issue regularly, they should have made me aware of that. Fast forward two months later and I realize that I am being charged much more per month for my service for the last two months.

I "chat" with Netflix and they refuse to issue a refund. They said the best they can do is change me back to my previous service for the next month. I told them to cancel my account if that is the best they can do and they said "OK". I am shocked that they would let a long-standing customer walk away over something that was not my fault and that they wouldn't do anything to fix it. Finally they said they would reimburse me the two months overage, but still moved forward with the cancellation. Wouldn't that have been the time to say "we'd like to keep you as a customer, so we will reimburse you what you are asking for"? But they didn't seem the least bit interested in keeping me as a customer. Very disappointed with the horrible customer service this company offers and am gladly walking away from them!

Thought this would be great! Wow were we wrong! We did get our free introductory month. From there it was all downhill! Then they decided to make a lot of the program's streaming & at the time it was go with it or miss out on a lot plus it was a higher price! 99% of the stuff they have are programs we find totally boring, worthless, no good or just completely lousy to say the least! Every single time we search for classic movies or TV shows or series we get nothing! We have tried for years to get two complete series. We add them to our list & suddenly they appear on the Unknown list! Which they have been on now, no kidding, for years! No series is ever sent in order, ever! One series only had season one available despite the fact it was on tv for 8 seasons! Most seasons were skipped or just put on the unknown list and of course it ended up on that good ol' unknown list!

They totally refuse to stream anything good! Some of the junk they say are new releases are the ones that have been seen for years and weren't that good to start with! Most of the movies are the ones that died in the theaters after the first showing or went to DVD & never came out in a theater! Every other DVD we have received has been visibly cracked - several were even in pieces, which proves they never check the condition of what they are sending out which means they could care less what leaves their company and they could care less about their paying customers! Why should they take the time to inspect when the customer can & they can even send it back and Netflix, once again doesn't have to lift a finger! I can't count the number of totally ruined dvd's I have received. Sometimes the replacements are ruined!

They advertise movies they don't even have and have no intention of even getting them! Then they decide to get rid of a lot of their DVD's that they seem to think are old and no one wants to see anymore and yet they raise the prices! The stuff they do have is all tired and worn out and not worth renting or the monthly fee! Which they are now going to raise again!

Netflix needs to get their act together, have a decent and accurate listing of what they truly have. They need to stop advertising what they don't and never will have or they just need to get out of the business! My family and I are tired of paying their ridiculous monthly fee and getting nothing for it! It's become a sad joke and the only ones enjoying Netflix are the ones that are lining their pockets with their customer's money & giving them nothing in return! We had about 30 items on our list every month. One or two would end up on the unknown list, then suddenly when our 30 was dwindled down to 18... all ended up on the unknown list out of the blue! That was the last straw! We're tired of their lousy, worn out, old movies etc.! We're out before the price increase goes into effect!

Netflix could be so great but they must not want to be. They have already proven that they could care less about what they do. We won't deal with that kind of company! If we could have we wouldn't have even given it one star! To anyone considering joining this... don't! It's not worth it unless you are into movies that you couldn't pay people to watch or worn out British programming that was never good to start with!

Very disappointed with Netflix. They pass for new acquired movies that I've seen long time ago! I couldn't even see movies like 2012 Life of Pi without an additional charge! What a joke! Thank you very much Netflix but you can keep your lousy choice of movies!

I joined Netflix for a free trial for a month then $9.99 after a month within my first week they charged me. I sat on the phone with them then back and forth with Apple iTunes wasting my time to end up with a two week refund and they canceled my subscription with them. I called them back and they tell me to do it all over again. The first time I subscribed I used a credit card. Now I get nothing and no refund till whenever. Basically it's bs!! But they want to take another ten bucks for me to do it all over again. Wow... So frustrated!!

I decided to rejoin Netflix because they sent emails saying if I rejoined I would enjoy a free month. That was a joke. They immediately charged my credit card saying "Welcome back." So, I decided to add a DVD plan to my account for a series for the weekend. I started my account on a Wednesday and didn't receive the series until after the weekend on a Monday. Since I hadn't received it for the weekend, I got the series from Blockbuster and cancelled Netflix. So, I paid for a whole month's worth and only got a few DVDs to mail back as soon as I got them. I realized when I logged on to add movies, they weren't sending anything unless I rejoined. What a waste and what a disappointment.

Lost my Netflix login and password because I didn't use the account much, then had to get a new credit card because of a theft, and haven't been able to get into my Netflix account since. Because I couldn't remember the login and password or the old credit card number I had purchased the account with, they said they couldn't help me. Apparently they have no way to search for a customer by name!!! Will be cancelling the account.

Only a member of Netflix for days but already peeved off by the intended lack of proper parental controls. I want to set the account holder's level of viewing to the lowest kid level but the system won't allow it. Teen productions will be available for my younger child. I object to this and the attitudes behind it. Maybe this honeymoon won't last all too long.

I had Netflix for 18 years and never called to complain about anything until today when I had to scroll through multiple movie suggestions to find my "List". My "List" happens to be a list of movies that I created and am interested in and now I must scroll through movie after movie that I have no interest in, to get to my list which is at the bottom. Netflix tried to blame it on TiVo, then realized that they make changes to test out different options. Customer Service said that it is their hope that customers will call in to let them know what they like and don't like. Really? "What we can do for you" they said, "is give your feedback to the decision makers and if enough people feel the same way, we will change it". When I told them that that didn't feel like they were doing something for me, they said "well, we would hate to lose you as a customer, but if you are unhappy, we could close your account". And I said, "ok" and that was the end of an 18 year relationship.

I cancelled my Netflix account today, after 2 years of ongoing difficulties, but my main reasons are as follows: 1. The service offered to Australian subscribers is nothing short of a rip-off. There is absolutely nothing Netflix offers that cannot be found on other sites, either for free, or subscriber sites with better services (for much less). 2. Their "tech-support" seems to consist of trained monkeys who just trot out pre-ordained scripts, that often have very little to do with your problem. They certainly don't ever solve your problem, whatever it may be. Mostly, they just waste your time until you give up in frustration.

3. They are now stopping anyone who uses a geo-blockers from accessing their site (even if you're an existing subscriber) unless you turn your geo-blocker off. I see this as a gross infringement of my right to privacy - there are lots of legitimate reasons for using a geo-blocker, which are perfectly legal, and Netflix doesn't have the right to expose anyone to risk or harm on the internet. I truly cannot think of a single reason to actually sign up with them.

I have been with Netflix for over 6 years, but this is coming to an end. Every time I try to watch something an error message comes up "We currently having trouble playing this title, please try again later or select a different title" or something like this. This is happening now for long and long months. I had been on to customer service several times, but they seem to blame it on everything, including birds singing too close to my house, but themselves. I have over 80Mb super fast broadband speed, everything else literally flying on my internet, and had no problem in the past five years. It was streaming on the same smart TV, same router, in the same spot within the house, but Netflix claims my internet is too slow, or it doesn't work at all, there is a bug with my connection, my TV is too far from the router, my TV is not compatible, my router is not compatible, I' not compatible, etc...

Literally everything is wrong on my end, nothing to do with them. If I do a power cycle it should be grant, etc. Obviously nothing of what so-called technical support suggested I do helped ever. It is the basic stuff anyway, do a power cycle, restart your system, etc. that every person with the least common sense would do anyway before gets on to phone or online support... Since my first complaint I even changed router and provider (for other reasons) I got an even faster broadband, a new smart TV, and I still have the same problem.

Obviously in the technical support's opinion it can only be a problem with my gear, my broadband, and me being so stupid that I can't plug out and back in a damn TV and router, but it is still nothing to do with them. Technical support is basically a bunch of idiots, who would tell you while you are on online chat with them that you have no internet connection at all. I just had enough of their ** and the attitude I kept getting from so-called technical support that I'm cancelling my account today.