3.65/5
Based on 493 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Netflix

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 13, 2018

1362 Netflix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Once again I sat down after dinner to play a disc sent a few days ago. It was unplayable soon after the beginning (disc was "In the Valley of Elah"). So I washed it and it worked well for about an hour and then was again unplayable and washing, of course, didn't help at all. What I can't understand is the frequency of these incidents (compared with the former rarity). Recently, past year or so, they send unplayable discs. I think they must just not bother checking - which really is unfair as it's extremely unpleasant to be unable to see the middle or end of a story you've been watching. There's also no way to reach the company after 6 PM and I usually watch movies at night. Maybe they should just end this part of their business.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Netflix really needs to stop playing shows that have been canceled after one season. They should at least have a notice of cancellation so we don't get our hopes up on a show we like. Their prices keep going up so why not the information on what we are watching? I have been a member of Netflix for years but upset every time this happens.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Lately in late 2017, Netflix is only adding some self produced series. In order to hide the situation they changed their presentation, now when searching for a specific field, like actor/actress Netflix is answering with a mixture of other movies, with different actors. In fact for the past few months no real movies have been added or very little. To show their performance they pretend adding new show, when in fact it's always series self produce and account each episode of the same series for a new addition. They are deliberately misleading customers.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Right now there are 8 movies in my DVD queue and ALL of them are listed as "availability unknown." Seriously? What am I even paying for? I've tried the streaming plan but there is a paltry selection of new titles. The majority of available streaming movies are ancient (Platoon anyone?). Customer service has extremely limited and inconvenient hours.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Based on the old Netflix I use to have 5 yrs ago. It is no longer the same. It features and promotes too much sex, violence and drugs in basically every movie. Aside it's too complicated to even use now. I can't even find some of the old antique movies I use to enjoy. Therefore I cancelled. It is safer to not have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

The thing I dislike about Netflix I found in the last 2-3 months or so is ALL the international movies added. I have no problem with some of it but theres more and more of it. We are in America people NOT these other countries. Also if you're NOT into the Netflix original programming (I'm not) then all I 'mostly' see are the same old movies they never get rid of or again the international movies that are subtitled. It's not worth the price hike. As a matter of fact I just cancelled. If I want to see a movie I'll rent again at Redbox. The price is right and they are new releases.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I just got a notice that not only my rate will increase but I also get downgraded from 4 device to 1. Where the hell this action is justified, especially when Netflix is offering less and less and asking more and more. I am fed up. I should have just left when I joined Amazon Prime... You get so much more for your money. Good Bye NetFlix and good luck staying in business. I guarantee you that your new rate increase strategy had cost and will cost you millions in revenues if even 1% of your customers feel as I do.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Netflix, I hope you take notice! I have grown increasingly frustrated with your service for some time now. All the shows I enjoy watching are slowly being removed in place of their "original programming." Not everyone is interested in content that is filled with gratuitous violence, nudity, and profanity. Now you're raising your prices with little left in your service worth watching. I'll stick with Hulu. They have the shows and movies I enjoy watching. (Many you let go).

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I received an email from Netflix that said, "So much has changed since you left. As a thank you, we'd like to offer you another free trial." Supposedly, the offer didn't expire until the next month. I had left Netflix out of a preference for other services like Amazon Prime, but I figured I'd give it another try (and see if any of the new content would make a longer-term subscription worth it). I clicked the link in the email and reached a page that told me that I am not eligible for a free trial after all. Figuring that must've been a mistake, I contacted customer service. They claimed they could do nothing, which was very frustrating. It seems terribly misleading (and blatantly dishonest) to send someone an email promising something and then say, "Oops! There's nothing we can do about it." I was a Netflix customer for many months, but I think they have lost me. I will use Amazon Video and other services instead.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I am taking advantage of the 30 free days of Netflix after upgrading to a high tech TV. After 3 days, I can understand the complaints I have been reading. The service is sketchy at best. I haven't been able to view a single movie without a connection loss. My internet is top quality with little problems. Today, I kept getting messages to try again later - no service. I signed up for the top tier so I have no problems cancelling. When I cancel, I will forward the email to my credit card company just in case they decide to charge me. Thanks to all who have voiced their concerns about Netflix.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I have canceled my Netflix account last month but received a Welcome back email from Netflix today and it also says the charge is 7.99/mo (cheaper than the one that I had canceled). I chat with a customer service and asked why. He/she said "if you shared your account with someone, that person can re-activate my account". Those that I shared with are small children. Not sure how they can reactivate the account! ==> This is just a BS way to explain why you continue to charge your customers after account cancelation. If I did not read my email then I will get charged every month without knowing!!! My conclusion is THIS IS CHEATING!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I am on a $20 a month plan and have received one movie in the last month. I have a 2 movies at home unlimited time but since the company has been changed recently I get no movies. This is fraud, theft and a useless service.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I have been with Netflix for a long time. But lately, I was unable to watch it. It would not let me log on. I called customer service a couple of time. They set it up for me. And both times I was unable to use it. I will not pay for something I cannot use. So I dropped my account. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

They have a number to call that's answered by a live person who states they cannot help you. "Call back tomorrow and we are open 24/7 for all your customers' service needs." So they repeat. Yes I have an issue with Netflix and no they can't help here at customer service and I can call back tomorrow. I recorded it.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Thanks for not renewing your contract with Fox. I know it's kinda of a ** network but, now Family Guy is just one more show I have to watch online. The list of shows I watch on Netflix is getting smaller and smaller, if the service keeps going in this direction I will no longer need it. Doesn't matter many billions are spent on new movies and shows, if you keep dropping your core lineup and pissing people off the population will go back to streaming everything for free. Stop wasting money on lame ** movies and pay your ** contract fees!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

So I've been watching/paying for Netflix since like 2012 and the one thing I've noticed is they've slowly removed all the best shows. I've been watching Doctor Who since I was a kid and they removed it off Netflix? Also when you're looking for a movie series (ex. Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean) They always seem to have the majority of the movies except for one that's like right in the middle or the first movie in the series.. WHICH IS INCREDIBLY ANNOYING. I also hate that they leave seasons out of a series. I just know Netflix is going to lose a lot of business if this is how they plan on running things. I've been really pissed off with how ** their service has been for like a year now. Ever since they made their prices went up they've been barely making any attempt to upgrade their service to match the price raise. Just incredibly disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I contacted Netflix 4 separate times over the course of 4 months regarding the monthly $7.99 being charged to my account after I called and asked it to be cancelled because I had not used it for almost a year. The customer service rep told me that she would refund me 6 months worth of $7.99 back to my account and that the service is now cancelled. After a month I received one credit back of $7.99 a month later the second and the third month, the third. A total of credit of three months towards my credit card along with $7.99 being charged to my card AGAIN.

I contacted Netflix customer service and spoke to a supervisor named Ken or Kel, he told me that the customer service rep I spoke to last time (1 month before) had told me incorrectly and that he cannot credit me back for all 6 months and that the additional $7.99 charged was part of the 3 month credit back refund AFTER the first phone call. Which doesn't make sense. Because I was charged interest for that $7.99 charge. I settled the dispute with my credit card company, and they credited back the remaining 3 months and the last $7.99 that was charged. I don't understand why Netflix employs liars and tries to screw people over. But I will never be using Netflix ever again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Arrogant...changed rating system without informing anyone and it SUCKs! Expensive (and increasing prices)... Amazon Prime is WAY less expensive and provides many other benefits with as good if not better selection (as are many other video streaming services). Terrible detail information... One is required to go to some other website (such as IMDB) to get ratings and other details to enable choice selection.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

First all the good cartoons were removed. And now Amelie is gone??? Amelie is a classic and everything good is leaving Netflix. I get that you’re making room for more Netflix originals, but only a third of them are worth watching. I see no point in paying for this service anymore, and I especially don’t understand how you can justify the price increase.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Poorly researched and reported documentary, ("Rotten" Netflix series) incomplete, Very Dishonest Content! Netflix producers are pons of the corrupt food and farm system! Tell the truth, the whole story of Bees and Peanuts for example. Do your research. Dig deep and stop taking the systems pat answers to whats going on. BEES are Being fed "GMO CORN SYRUP" during Almond pollination (your film mentioned they are being fed during pollination of California almonds) but, your film DOES NOT. What the bees are being fed? The honeybees are fed GMO Corn Syrup also over winter, 100% of their honey is stolen.

That's 1# reason bees are dying or being killed! Corn syrup is toxic, it's an artificial sugar, poisonous and not digestible for bees or humans for that matter. Peanuts really? It's people that are the problem, uninformed people and worse (complicit farmers, irresponsible medical authorities, scientific stooges and paid-off political criminals) who are the real problem.

The peanut "industry" is growing toxic peanuts, by "mono cropping" them, growing only peanuts year after year in the same soil! 60-70% of American peanuts are contaminated with aflatoxin. The toxin, is called "AFLATOXIN" a deadly carcinogenic molds (Aspergillus flavus and Aspergillus parasiticus) which grows in poorly managed soil, In mono cropped soil. Rarely found healthy composted organic soils if rotated crops are managed on a healthy farm. TELL THE WHOLE STORY!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Okay I've been a customer with Netflix for close to 8 years, first doing the DVDs and now I just stream. I also use Hulu as well. Netflix is a little later in the series as far as being current like Hulu but if you haven't watched a series from the beginning Netflix is a good place for that. Now my cons. Every so often Netflix does a price increase based on their reasoning of "improving their services". That being said with the movies or tv series there are moments quite frequent moments where it freezes continuously every two seconds. It gets so annoying to the point I have to unplug my device, wait, plug it back in and then try again. But oh no that doesn't work and it freezes again. So I ask you this Netflix, why all the increases if your product creates such an inconvenience?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

This hits primarily TV series and it gets painfully obvious after a while. You get Short wait, long wait or very long wait for disc #1 of a DVD season. What their system wants to say is that customers always want to watch the first disc of a TV season before getting the second disc. So let's say that you have a 5 disc TV season in your queue. That's 5 individual discs. Netflix tags disc #1 as long wait and none of the discs for the season are shipped. But if you change the sequence in your queue from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to 2, 3, 4, 5, 1 you will get 2 - 5 pretty much immediately and disc #1 is left hanging as "long wait". If you want to give Netflix the benefit of a great doubt, you will have to believe that Netflix carries 1 copy of disc 1 and 50 copies of disc 2.

In my case I have disc #1's of TV seasons for 2 months or more in my queue: Humans Season 2, Death in Paradise Season 6, Game of Thrones Season 7, American Gods Season 1. All of these are sitting with short wait or long wait for disc 1 for up to 2 months. So long that I can get TV series through my local library system (with a check-out time of 3 weeks) before Netflix has them available. Unless I am willing to grant Netflix that great benefit of a doubt I have to conclude that Netflix is deliberately degrading their service. Of course, they closed their service on Saturdays and they will probably soon reduce operations from 8 hours to 6. Once they drive off a few more customers they will be able to shut down entirely with a clear conscience.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

When trying to redeem a Netflix gift card I was unable to redeem it because I pay my bill through iTunes. I was told I would have to cancel my account, open another one up and pay more each month because the monthly rate is different now. So don't buy their gift cards unless you want to get screwed.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

7.99-1 screen, 10.99-2 screens, 13.99-4 screens. First of all, I didn't ask for HD, second of all, why in the hell am I paying 8.65 on the 9th and 7.99 on 16th of every month? Nothing matches, price wise! I'm paying 18.64 a month. When I could have purchased 4 screens for 13.99.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Have enjoyed/loved Netflix DVDs for years, but in the last year there has been a noticeably great deterioration of service. DVDs aren’t sent out nearly as quickly, meaning that the # of DVDs per month makes my subscription more expensive. Probably that’s the point, eh. Plus, I can no longer see new DVDs right away, there are endless waits. Many DVDs in my queue have been there for long periods of time, even over two years! With such a significant deterioration in service, I fear that Netflix’ DVD service is going away completely—certainly they must be losing customers at a great rate. I’m so far sticking in, watching old stuff no one else wants to see, but if their service doesn’t improve, I’ll also have to go.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Been using their crap for six months. They never update movies. Their search engine sucks. Turtle watching the same ** month after month after month after month. I’ve watched some movie six and eight times, and some other TV thanks three and four times. Way overrated waste of money and are screwing people left and right. Much better to get it Amazon account for nothing and see five times the friggin movies with access every day. Netflix is eight bozos' choice of media.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I chatted with Netflix on Dec 4th, and asked them to put my subscription on hold starting Dec 18 because I was leaving for my wedding. Today on Dec 10 my Netflix subscription was canceled so I called in to have it restarted because I haven't left yet and the customer service representative and her manager denied restarting my subscription at the same rate as it was before it was canceled on the 4th. The Netflix manager who refused to give me his name said that Netflix did not do anything wrong and if I wanted my subscription back I would have to sign up again and it would be at the higher rate. The Netflix manager is a liar and no time did the service representative on Dec 4th tell me that my subscription would be canceled on the 10th and at a higher rate. All I wanted was my subscription restarted at the same rate as it was before I canceled but Netflix is too big to admit they made a mistake and I'm just one small insignificant person.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I have no problem with them increasing charges for service, what I do have a problem with is that their service is deteriorating. They do not ship dvds according to plan purchased. Getting tired of them. Get it together Netflix!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Just like many on here I have had Netflix for a while now. I agree with everyone that they went downhill lately. The rating system was first for me. I used that to choose a lot of movies or shows that I never seen. Now I have to open 2nd tab just to review. The price increases... No point to complain. I don't like it but everything is increasing anymore. Their Lack of new movies & shows (some takes up to 2 years or more after season is over to be available on Netflix.) I seen it on DVD and other sites before it reaches netflix. What is my biggest issues is the content that they're showing. A lot are no names that no one has heard of or Netflix made it. (**I have watched some I really liked & continued to watch) but my favorites are being removed mainly Fox shows that I noticed. I watch American Dad & Family Guy when I go to bed, guess what shows are supposed to be cancelled this year.

A.D already has been removed. Some of titles removed or soon being removed are/were really popular. I don't know how long I'm going to keep Netflix. The more changes they're doing, less I'll watch. On side note I do like the download option (not sure if Netflix was first or not- everyone has it now). It did come in handy if going somewhere with no or spotty data. I downloaded night before a trip and watch about 2 seasons of a show with no interruptions & high data usage. I also seen a lot people getting charged twice or hacked. I have never been hacked but I was charged twice in 1 month long ago when it was like 7.99 month with 1 DVD rental. As in 2011 I think. They issued refund and 3 months free. Very professional & polite but I probably got lucky... Going to try Hulu for a free 30 day trial & see if worth the switch or just opt for nothing and use my DVR.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

These thieves have been double billing me under my name for over 3 years. They had 2 of my credit card numbers one from Chase and one from Barclays bank and instead of canceling one which I did years ago they continued charging me on 2 different credit cards under my name for the same home and same 2 TVs. Their excuse is that they had 2 different email addresses----which seems to be true but both have my names in the email address and they are registered to my address at one home. THEY HAVE BEEN RIPPING ME OFF NOW SINCE 2014 AND THEY SEEM TO TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR MISTAKES...

Netflix expert review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

• Best for: people who want a variety of older movies and TV shows streamed on multiple devices.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout
Jonathan Trout

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Netflix Company Information

www.netflix.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use