2.0/5 (47 ratings)

About Netflix

Netflix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: May 31, 2022

Don't get me wrong. Netflix is a great app and I really enjoy it but I'm very upset about how they're taking off Criminal Minds Seasons 1-10 on June 29th 2022 and they're taking off Corpse Bride which I'm very upset about too but they are other apps to watch Criminal Minds on but I enjoyed watching it on Netflix more than any other app because they are no adds and amazing quality. It's overall a great app.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I enjoy Netflix however I don’t think they have enough ** romantic comedies. Sometimes the app is not that great with suggesting shows that you may like. I also don’t like how many of the representation matters programs for ** people are centered around police violence. It’s very triggering to see that every time you watch a movie. I’ve noticed in many of Netflix programming that they like to add in these triggering scenes and it’s becoming quite predictable. Overall the app is good and is a good alternative to cable. We need more light hearted programming. Less focused on social themes just some funny shows to watch.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I have belonged to Netflix for many years. I do not like how much the monthly fee go up each year. I am paying about $15 each month. It keeps me from joining any other services, and there are shows I wish I could watch, but they are on other providers. So far I am finding things to watch on Netflix, but I wish I did not have to join so many others in order to try out different shows. For example, I wish I could watch The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I have been disabled for years, if it wasn’t for Netflix and other streaming opportunities I could not have made it. I am on medications that do not give me much time to go outdoors. I spend most of my time just relaxing while in pain. Pain sometimes so bad that I cannot do much. Netflix offers a wide variety of programs that not only pique my interest but allows me for times to forget the pains and uneasiness that I go through daily also allowing me times to stay informed of things that are going on outside and in the world today. I hope that their continued variety they offer will make things more exciting and bearable to get me through the hard times I face now and in the future. May the Lord bless us all especially those facing the same as myself. Thank you for this opportunity today for being able to voice my opinion. May this help others.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Netflix is a great movie website to use with a variety of options that you can choose to fit your needs. Netflix has three plans based on cost, number of devices you can have downloads on, unlimited shows, and quality of content. The plans range from $8.99, $13.99, to $17.99. Once you sign up, you are charged once a month on the date you signed up for. They offer the convenience to change your plan or cancel at any time. Once you exit out of your show, they automatically pause where you left off. Netflix has series shows, movies, and TV shows. If you are looking for something to just come home and relax to after a long day, then Netflix is perfect for you!

Original review: June 15, 2022

I will not be re-joining until you meet the standard Resolution. 480P for 9.99 a month? Have you ever watched 480P on a 75 inch TV? Well it is similar to watching an old VHS tape in the early 90s.... No wonder you are losing business. I used to Enjoy Netflix.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I contacted Netflix about an issue with downloading their content and it not working once offline. After an hour of waiting for them to file with the technical department, I was told it had been escalated and to just check back from time to time to see if it was working. I felt this was not a good enough answer and someone should contact me to let me know what the problem was and if it had been corrected. They told me they could not. I then talked with a supervisor that told me the same thing. After this I said I should at least receive a refund for a month since my service was not fully working (even though this problem had been going on for many months), they said they would not refund any amount. I feel it is very poor company that is making a lot of money but can't refund a customer that is having a problem with their service that they are paying for. Netflix is a poorly ran company.

Original review: June 12, 2022

We use to get some pretty good series on Netflix, now almost every series is made in a different country and English is dubbed in. The quality is so bad, I am now looking for a different streaming service. I prefer American/English speaking shows not foreign films.

Original review: May 30, 2022

My account sold out to somewhere on weB now they want me to pay $19.99 per month. Get the hell out of here. When talking to people and they in Philippines they don’t know crap. I tried to cancel ASAP but they want this n that plus my card number. Hell nope. Not stupid.

Original review: May 26, 2022

Over the years, I've enjoyed many a relaxing evening watching quality movies and shows on Netflix. But in the past few years, Netflix has taken a turn. To be fair, it may not be just Netflix alone in the landscape of a craven and agenda-driven entertainment industry, but because it controls so many hundreds of millions of production dollars and is the number one streaming platform, I feel Netflix is highly culpable.

The fact is, new content on Netflix these days is always a woke sermon, delivered in screechy, hysterical tones, full of ideologically contrived accusations and recriminations and not very thinly-veiled bigotry and hatred towards anyone who disagrees. Netflix is like one of those sweaty, wild-eyed, sexually disturbed preachers that it's always portraying malevolently to misrepresent Christendom. It has lost all reason. For me, it has fully jumped the shark. I'm tired of it. So after more years than I cared to count I cancelled.

Netflix author review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team