4.1/5 (1974 ratings)

About Netflix

Netflix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I enjoy Netflix however I don’t think they have enough ** romantic comedies. Sometimes the app is not that great with suggesting shows that you may like. I also don’t like how many of the representation matters programs for ** people are centered around police violence. It’s very triggering to see that every time you watch a movie. I’ve noticed in many of Netflix programming that they like to add in these triggering scenes and it’s becoming quite predictable. Overall the app is good and is a good alternative to cable. We need more light hearted programming. Less focused on social themes just some funny shows to watch.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I'm really happy with the service. Everything is as it shows and I have no issues. Netflix has been resourceful and easy to operate. I have always recommended this service to my friends and family. My kids use it a lot more than me because there is a variety of choices and there are a lot of family things to watch together. They just need to update more movies and everything would be all set.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I have belonged to Netflix for many years. I do not like how much the monthly fee go up each year. I am paying about $15 each month. It keeps me from joining any other services, and there are shows I wish I could watch, but they are on other providers. So far I am finding things to watch on Netflix, but I wish I did not have to join so many others in order to try out different shows. For example, I wish I could watch The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I have been disabled for years, if it wasn’t for Netflix and other streaming opportunities I could not have made it. I am on medications that do not give me much time to go outdoors. I spend most of my time just relaxing while in pain. Pain sometimes so bad that I cannot do much. Netflix offers a wide variety of programs that not only pique my interest but allows me for times to forget the pains and uneasiness that I go through daily also allowing me times to stay informed of things that are going on outside and in the world today. I hope that their continued variety they offer will make things more exciting and bearable to get me through the hard times I face now and in the future. May the Lord bless us all especially those facing the same as myself. Thank you for this opportunity today for being able to voice my opinion. May this help others.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Netflix is a great movie website to use with a variety of options that you can choose to fit your needs. Netflix has three plans based on cost, number of devices you can have downloads on, unlimited shows, and quality of content. The plans range from $8.99, $13.99, to $17.99. Once you sign up, you are charged once a month on the date you signed up for. They offer the convenience to change your plan or cancel at any time. Once you exit out of your show, they automatically pause where you left off. Netflix has series shows, movies, and TV shows. If you are looking for something to just come home and relax to after a long day, then Netflix is perfect for you!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Great service. Lots of movies, both stories and documentaries to choose from. Plenty of diverse selections and easy to scan thru and choose what to watch. Easy interface for search and selection of what to watch. Many seasons of old and new sitcoms. Fantastic service.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Netflix provides excellent movies to watch via streaming. It also provides an excellent choice of different shows to watch and select from. However, we are interested to find and utilize a streaming service that would enable us to cut our electricity bill.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Netflix is fine for this geezer. It doesn't have everything I would like to see, But then I can shop around For other things. Sometimes I go to Amazon Prime which also has more limited selection but something of interest to me. However, I am fed up with political outrage outrage from all parties And sanitized, Unrealistic Gun violence.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I have a lot of choices, but I enjoy Netflix the most because they have a large variety of stuff to watch. Hulu is great for catching up on TV programs, and Amazon Fire allows me to see new stuff. All ot them are good and really helped me from going crazy during the pandemic.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Netflix is an outstanding streaming service. Easy to use, friendly customer service, award winning, high quality, up to date diverse content, affordable, etc. Netflix alone can meet all your entertainment needs. I highly recommend giving it a try.

Netflix author review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team