1.48/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1461 Netflix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Netflix does not have any titles you search. Not one. What am I paying for if the movies I want to see are never available? I'm done with Netflix. Hulu it is. It's ridiculous - you claim you have the greatest movies and shows but can't produce the evidence.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Received an email stating: "So much has changed since you left. Netflix keeps getting better. Don’t worry, there are still no commitments or commercials. What's new? We've added many more TV shows and movies for you to enjoy. ENJOY ANOTHER FREE TRIAL." So, I sign up and enter my credit card info and a message pops up saying I'm not eligible. I was like what the heck? I just received the email 2 days ago. So I contact them and because I used the same credit card as before I'm not eligible??? I only own one credit card. This is nothing but a scam.

Get expert buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Yes Netflix does some good original content but it's far and few between. No more customer reviews really made me upset and no matter what I dislike those shows, and movies, are the first to show up. Their algorithm needs to be updated and it seems like they don't care. Original shows like 'Big Mouth' and 'Hilda' are spectacular but I don't think I'll keep renewing based off a few hits for the plethora of misses.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I got Netflix for my children. We used to love it because they had all their favorite shows but now they don't have half of their shows or movies. I lose signal and it says error 427, and now they are going to charge more for a service that is not that good. I also have Hulu. I will stay with Hulu. It's not worth.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Be aware Netflix will allow you to sign up for a Free Trial, and then charge you for the Free Trial if you have not been unsubscribed from their service for a year. The sign up went smoothly, and was only a few steps. The Supervisor actually stated that the system would have reflected being ineligible for the trial. It never reflected the information he stated it did. They also stated their system did not show the trial request being completed, although it was. Netflix also stated that everyone signs up the same way whether it is a Free Trial or not. Tried to set up again, to check for any information about being ineligible, and nothing states you are not eligible. Also was told that I had to call in seven days for a refund of the money I did not know I was being charged. Because I did not call in seven days the charge cannot be refunded according to their policy. Netflix is very interested in keeping their fee, and very uninterested in retaining a customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netflix?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Just signed onto Netflix on January 10, 2019. So far so good. For $7.99 per month, this is a really good deal! I love the movie selections and they have a lot of the 70's sitcoms I grew up with and like to watch! (Cheers, That 70's Show, Andy Griffith....). I do not understand why all the low ratings but I guess I will see how it goes as time goes on. I am only sorry I didn't sign up sooner. I canceled my cable TV. Bought an antenna and getting all my major channels free and now paying far less than cable with Netflix!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We live in the mountains and have no cable or gigabytes so signed up for Netflix. We went from 2 movies at a time to 3 movies at a time. The trouble is they get movies back from us but don't mail any DVDs back to us especially on Mondays and Fridays. We've also had many movies never show up or received broken DVDs. Their customer service people could care less. They always say they received the mail late so didn't have a chance to send any more out. This is literally happening every Monday and Friday. But what can we do? We need some sort of entertainment up here by Lake Tahoe.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Ok why does NETFLIX change their pictures on the movies You search through? And can't find a decent movie but good old NETFLIX decide to change the film covers on their films. So you end up looking at them only to find out you have already have seen them. Please Netflix you will lose more customers by trying to trick them (YOU ARE) So please stop!!! Just add more up to date movies Or just keep what you have and do not try it On!!! Let us decide if we want to carry on with your subscription.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I was attempting to make a payment yesterday via my laptop with my banking information. The next morning I was notified by my bank of a fraud charge over $500 on my charge card. This happened as a result of my information being hacked while entering data through NETFLIX payment options. I was fortunate to have a fraud protection in place and was notified by my bank prior to making the payment. I immediately called and cancelled my NETFLIX account and closed my account to prevent further fraud charges being processed. There is hacking going on with this business. I have never had problems with hacking until last night. I am grateful for my bank taking the timely action to stop this fraud.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I'm a 3 DVD customer and around late November 2018 the DVDs now come from Trenton, NJ instead of Greensboro, NC from where they use to mail to/from approximately from 2008 until November 2018. It can now take 5 or more days for them to show my return received and another day or three to send out another one back to me which can take 5 or more days. So now I can go up to two weekends without a movie. If this is the way they are going to do business I will be leaving this service. They have destroyed a once great service company.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Very upset with hiking monthly Netflix fee. Some of Netflix film productions are good, some are terrible. Honestly, don't understand why increasing monthly fee since Canadian selection is inferior to US or other countries. I'd suggest make less but better movies and keep price reasonable for everybody to afford subscription - not only rich. Don't spoil it for majority and less subscription for Netflix.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Netflix has chosen to allow Saudi Arabia to censor US programs. I will cancel my Netflix if the program by comedian Hasan Minhaj continues to be censored by Netflix. Saudi Arabia Prince Mohammed bin Salam is responsible for the violent, disgusting murder of a journalist working in the US. He deserves imprisonment not just comedic mockery.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

For two months I noticed that they withdrew money from my visa card two times. I cancelled my card and I called them and they gave me one month credit. This month they put my account on hold. I called them. They totally denied that I called and they said they had only one payment and I had to call the bank to know where my other money went. I told them that it shows in my statement. The girl who was talking to me kept putting me on hold and then checked again if I was still on the line.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

They load the programming with foreign language movies/shows; some of which don't even have subtitles. The increased fees in order to provide viewing most Canadians can't watch is ludicrous. There isn't even an option to block these programs from your "suggested viewing."

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I have a "Two discs at a time" contract with NETFLIX DVD.com. Most of the time, I have no discs in my possession. When the company manages to notify me that it has shipped a disc or discs and projects an arrival time, the delivery is almost never on time. I used to be able to put a returned disc in my mailbox and see it recorded on my Queue as returned within a day. Now the company doesn't report the return for two or three days, sometimes, the delay stretches to four days. Is it because, my distribution center in Northern Virginia was closed and my discs have to travel an extra 200 miles to Trenton, NJ? Who knows?

I don't think the US Postal Service is so inefficient as to delay delivery for 96 hours. No, I blame NETFLIX incompetence. If the streaming service had the diversity of titles that the disc service has, I would dump the disc service. As it stands, it appears that all I can do is complain bitterly, loudly and continuously, and encourage non-subscribers to stay away. NETFLIX has gotten too big and arrogant.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I've been a Netflix subscriber for 10 years now. Stuck with them even after increases in price. Well recently I guess they are on a cancellation spree canceling all Marvel shows. Don't know why extremely popular now. I think it's time to decrease price. They are doing a poor job now. Very disappointing. Hulu is starting to look better than Netflix.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Basically the selection they have not updated regularly, and the quality of the movies are usually very bad, and there is no problem with my internet connection nor my device. I’ve reported that but there was no feedback at all. Not to mention there was an option to watch them on two screens so I’ve upgraded for a free trial and they charged me less than a week for it. When I called customer service it was incredibly disgusting manner they accepted my call, and they were saying their monologue the entire time. When I reached the point to feel this person I’m talking to is incompetent, I’ve ask for someone who I can take my issue further with, and they said there is no one, that’s the situation whether you like it or not. My opinion is DO NOT USE! The overall ratings across the internet about them speak for itself as well I suppose!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Do not believe or use this service. They will charge you before you receive a 30 day trial. My friend was charged and they overdrawn his account saying that he had a device that had been used associated with his account which were lies to charge him. Stay away from these lying services. Think twice about it!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

My debit order bounced, as my money was paid in later. I find it impossible to make a payment, reactivate my service. Trying to log in the system does not recognize my e-mail address... I am disgusted in this frustrating part of the Netflix service... I will not be back!!!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I signed up for the free 30 day trial, only to be cut off after 14 days! This is not a good way to get customers... You are LIARS and should not be advertising FREE 30 DAYS when in fact, you ONLY GET A 14 DAY TRIAL THEN IT JUST STOPS WORKING... NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I set my old iPad for my granddaughter to let her watch the movies when we travel. I had Netflix app on that iPad, but when I reset the device I had to delete it and download later. Netflix's new app keeps saying device is not compatible. When I called Netflix they said the recent app is not compatible with the old iPads, (it is only 4 years old device). I can't even log-in my account from that iPad. Isn't that weird? If Netflix is sensitive to it's users needs, it should have the old app available for its clients.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

1st complaint is about HDR. It's always on in Netflix. On PS4, it never used to be. I remember when watching HDR content in Netflix, the TV which change to HDR mode. Now this mode is always on even if I press the PS button to go to the PS4 home screen. I have to close the app to have HDR turned off. Can't even turn it off from tv options and the tv picture mode is shaded out. 2nd is the terrible noise in many of the Netflix Originals. The shows become barely watchable. It's like watching the show through a sandstorm. I play for 4k so want to see it sharp, clean and crisp.

3rd which is the most important, too much crap. It's obvious that Netflix is adding anything to the library to fill in spaces on the shelf. I have watched many foreign films with subs, mainly war movies which I enjoyed but specifically wanted to watch them. Netflix will get any rubbish that falls on their lap. That'll do they say. I have a theory for the reason why Netflix removed the 5 star rating system. It's because the majority of what Netflix has to offer has below 3 star ratings from viewers and this did show that there were too many bad films and programs on there.

And most likely because Netflix can monitor (even though they don't like to release viewing figures, I wonder why?) viewing numbers, they were finding that no one was watching these low scoring programs. Now the 5 star rating disappeared and we have a percentage match, I'm not even sure what it is representing? Is this match to my genre, or to what I'm watching? If it is it's totally getting it wrong. We all pay for a subscription and we all should stop. If there were no subscriptions and we are to rent them out, Netflix would struggle.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I contacted Netflix today when I received an email indicating that I had requested a password change. Before I could even reply I received another email stating that my password had been changed successfully - keep in mind that the person requesting the change lives in Columbia, South America. When I phoned to inquire how my privacy could have been so easily breached? I received very little information on how this happened or what they would do to prevent this in the future. My CSR was Stacey and she was very argumentative, talked over me when I was speaking, and abruptly hung up on me for no reason. I'm not too sure why Netflix is outsourcing to Asia?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

In August 2018, I wasn't able to log into my account, so I called Netflix's customer service and they said, "Oh, you been hacked," like it happens all the time. We did everything they said, we cancelled our account. We made a new account, password, and used a new credit card. Guess what? They hacked my same account two days later. How? It was just canceled. Well, customer service said they keep closed accounts for ten months, just in case you want to come back. YOU DONT KEEP HACKED ACCOUNTS OPENED... How incompetent can a company be. They won't refund my money because it was my bank's issue. After, customer service said that I cancel my subscription while talking to them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I never did like Netflix until they created Marvel shows like Daredevil, the Punisher and Defenders... When that created those shows I got a account right away. I have to say those shows especially Daredevil kept me loving Netflix. Now that they cancelled the Defenders and now Daredevil I am done with Netflix... I erased my account. They still have good shows. But I believe that these shows I am mentioning kept Netflix going on a good path... I was always excited to hear about another season coming not to mention. They do not have enough movies that are worth watching anymore sorry to say. You suck for saying it cost too much to make these shows. These are the shows your viewers want and ask for and you ignore your customers. That why I erased my account.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We had Netflix offered to us on a promotion with T-Mobile. We already had an account with Netflix and we could get it free through T-Mobile. We had issue after issue to set it up and finally had to get on the phone with both companies to settle the issue. We got confirmation that T-Mobile took over the payment yet when I had fraudulent charges from something separate I saw our card is still getting charged. Both Netflix and T-Mobile blame each other but I feel like it's a scam and they were charging T-Mobile and me at the same time.

When we called to get the charges reimbursed they kept blaming T-Mobile and then verified that the email on the account had been changed which my boyfriend's email account has remained the same and has never changed, they still refused to accept responsibility since we still used the Netflix account. However why wouldn't we if we thought our account was free through T-Mobile. At this point I decided to cancel my membership since they can't offer any resolution and I'm going to dispute the charges with my bank.

I'm thoroughly disappointed with the service we received. We had someone who was clearly coached to repeat the same nice demeanor but offer no help since we used the account and then when we asked for a supervisor she confirmed that there was an obvious change but had no issue continue to charge my card even though it was through a promotion at this point with T-Mobile. Very upset and disappointed!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I believe Netflix has gone way downhill in recent months. There are no longer any good shows or movies. I also can't access any real movies I want to watch. If it isn't a Netflix original it's not going to be on there. And that's rather disappointing when I got my account to watch movies that other companies are putting out without having to buy the DVD. I'm going to cancel my subscription and find a new way to get the movies I desire because Netflix is no good anymore.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Netflix allows child profiles to have access to and control over account information. Tell profile should not have that much control over an account. I have several other streaming services and not one of them allow a child profile to have that kind of control over an account. Little disappointed the fact that it that can happen.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

So I have been watching Netflix for a while now, and there are many shows that are great, and many more shows that are amazing but now I'm noticing shows that are very sketchy. I noticed that the shows such as "The Final Table" brought together a bunch of different countries' amazing chefs into a competition to cook a stupid taco. This put many of the different chefs' reputation on the line. If you notice, the whole show is directed by the host. He like controls the whole show in and always asking the random "judges" and "chefs" questions. These two "titles" are great chefs in their country, and they wanted a chance to get on Netflix, but Netflix put their people under their script. What I'm trying to say is that Netflix shows are a scam, lead by a director who forces random talented people from around the world to get them to play their TV game.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I have been a customer for quite a few years but I am thinking of cancelling now. I am a horror movie buff and the selection on Netflix is becoming more and more useless to me unless I want to read subtitles. I thought our language here in Canada was English. More and more foreign movies are being added to this genre, and frankly, I don't want to read the movies I watch. WHAT'S UP NETFLIX. My suggestion is to create a genre for foreign movies and keep them grouped in that genre. Also start adding newer releases faster. That's my 2 cents worth. Thanks for listening.

Netflix expert review by Jonathan Trout

Netflix got its start in 1997 and is based in Los Gatos, California. It provides streaming services around the world and produces its own films and television shows called Netflix Originals. You can choose from three streaming plans: Basic, Standard and Premium. The plan you choose determines how many devices you can stream from at once.

• Basic plan: The Basic plan is $7.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). You can also download movies and TV shows to one phone or tablet, so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Standard plan: The Standard plan is $9.99 per month. You can stream TV shows and movies on two devices at the same time, in high definition (HD). With the standard plan, you can download shows and movies to two phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Premium plan: The Premium plan is $11.99 per month. This plan lets you stream TV and movies on up to four devices at the same time in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD). You can download shows and movies to four phones or tablets so you can watch without an internet connection.

• Supported devices: Always on the go? The Netflix app lets you stream anywhere. Watch on your smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Blu-ray players and more. If you’re traveling, download shows and movies to your tablet or smartphone. You can also stream on your computer.

• No commitment: Netflix lets you join free for one month. After your one-month free trial, your monthly payments will start. If you decide you don’t want Netflix anymore, you can cancel online anytime.

• Multiple devices: Stream on one device with the Basic plan, two devices at once with the Standard plan and up to four devices at once with the Premium plan.

• Best for: people who want a variety of older movies and TV shows streamed on multiple devices.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout