2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Kraft Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kraft Foods?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kraft Foods?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Kraft Mac and cheese was my favorite since I was a kid. No more. It's been tasting different for a while now. Now it's the worst. Hate the mushy noodles. I will not buy again until Kraft changes it back to when I was a kid.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

While I don't eat KD very often, I always liked it and decided to make some for lunch today. We also had a box of a similar product from Trader Joe's from a recent trip to the USA. Did a side by side comparison. We made them as directed with the same amount of butter in each. The stuff from TJ was like KD used to be: very tasty. The KD tasted stale and like cardboard. I checked the best before date wondering if it was stale, but nope: best before 2021-over a year away. Too bad we don't have TJ here in Canada. I'll be giving our other box of KD to the food bank (my apologies to whomever gets it) and trying PC or Annies as I've heard other ex-KD lovers suggest.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I am not sure why they felt it was necessary to mess with a good thing but they did. Now, sadly, Kraft dinner tastes awful. It used to be a traditional Canadian staple comfort food. A good bowl of cheesy Kraft dinner to share and warm the heart. Now it has to be Annie's or PC because Kraft replaced the delicious cheesy flavor with something that gives it a weird flavor. No longer enjoyable, it is the end of an era.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Like almost everyone, I loved Kraft Mac and Cheese. From the bright orange cheese powder all the way down to the pretty blue box, Kraft was my trusted friend. I thought I could count on it after a bad day. Well, after many decades of love and trust, you changed, Kraft. Gone is the vibrant orange that cheered me. No longer even remotely cheese flavored. Even those little pasta tubes have collapsed and changed both in flavor and texture. All is lost. My love is gone! Sigh!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Finally had to browse the net tonight to see if others have experienced the same problem with KD. Sure enough, I guess I just haven't eaten it enough lately or got lucky up till now and bought old product. The uncooked noodles are so thin in diameter, that when they cook, they can't possibly expand to the old noodle size and end up like linguine. And thanks to all the health conscious out there, the cheese mix is so healthy that it tastes like tree bark or maybe sand. So I did the environmental thing and poured the remaining 10 boxes of a 12 pack into the garbage and put the cardboard containers in the grey box (recycling bin). Oh wait, maybe Kraft wanted us to cook and eat the box instead of the noodles. Anyways, no more Kraft dinner in this household.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I don't eat KD often, but every now and then it just works (flavour, convenience, and comfort). What has happened? The texture of it is awful - even when I poured the box into boiling water the noodles looked like tiny little rice noodles - it did not resemble macaroni at all. Sure enough, when it was cooked it was a bowl of mush and did not hold its shape (and I did not over cook it). I appreciate that you took out all of the preservatives; however, it tastes dreadful. P

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I had grown up loving Kraft Dinner! My children grew up loving kraft dinner. I run a daycare and my daycare kids loved it! But not anymore! It is terrible! It smells! It is just awful! I will no longer buy it! I had thought before it was a bad batch, but no, I have tried it again and it is awful! I am now going to used President's Choice brand! So sad they ruined a wonderful comfort food! Kids used to love it and want more, now they can't even stand the smell let alone the taste! Yuck!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I will never buy KD again. This is my 3rd attempt at 'KD Original' in the past year; something fundamental has changed. The macaroni is TERRIBLE. The macaroni pieces are smaller and it becomes absolute mush after only 6 minutes of boiling. The texture is completely different from what I grew up with. Some other consumers have noted a distinct difference with the cheese sauce. I have noted some difference but not as bad as the texture of the noodles. KD has been my GUILTY PLEASURE FOOD FOR 40 YEARS BUT NO MORE....I'd rather buy frozen mac & cheese or deli mac & cheese to get my fix. This is very sad indeed. The Barenaked Ladies are not impressed.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I grew up loving KD mac and cheese... and so naturally as a quick go to during a busy day, I had my kids eat it as well. However the last 6 months the Mac and cheese is terrible!! The cheese tastes like it’s gone stale and has an equally unappealing smell! I thought maybe I just didn’t pay attention and bought a bad batch... but nope. After numerous attempts I’ve Come to realize the cheese just tastes like that now. My kids don’t even ask for it anymore! I don’t blame them. I’m going to be moving on from the Kraft brand and finding something else... I don’t know why you would ruin a good thing! Too bad!

Original review: July 17, 2019

I have been purchasing Kraft Cheez Whiz since the 1960s' and while watching TV see an ad for Jalapeno Cheez Whiz. So I waste my time and gasoline looking for it. Nothing in any of the Large Grocery Stores. So, I write KRAFT. Only to get an answer suggesting I go to the supermarket and speak to the Manager about it. Bottom line, it was a Kraft ad; I am the consumer (long time) and they don't even care and suggest I waste more of my time searching a product that they promoted. Finally, the Director does not even give a name in his/her reply to my simple request to PURCHASE this product. Just Director Consumer Relations. If this is not a perfect explanation of the phrase/word oxymoron I really don't know what is. Consumer Relations, indeed. I am amazed at this apparent NEW Kraft concern for the customer. I guess business is good....for now!

Kraft Foods Company Information