3.52/5

47 Kraft Foods Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I grew up loving KD mac and cheese... and so naturally as a quick go to during a busy day, I had my kids eat it as well. However the last 6 months the Mac and cheese is terrible!! The cheese tastes like it’s gone stale and has an equally unappealing smell! I thought maybe I just didn’t pay attention and bought a bad batch... but nope. After numerous attempts I’ve Come to realize the cheese just tastes like that now. My kids don’t even ask for it anymore! I don’t blame them. I’m going to be moving on from the Kraft brand and finding something else... I don’t know why you would ruin a good thing! Too bad!

Original review: July 17, 2019

I have been purchasing Kraft Cheez Whiz since the 1960s' and while watching TV see an ad for Jalapeno Cheez Whiz. So I waste my time and gasoline looking for it. Nothing in any of the Large Grocery Stores. So, I write KRAFT. Only to get an answer suggesting I go to the supermarket and speak to the Manager about it. Bottom line, it was a Kraft ad; I am the consumer (long time) and they don't even care and suggest I waste more of my time searching a product that they promoted. Finally, the Director does not even give a name in his/her reply to my simple request to PURCHASE this product. Just Director Consumer Relations. If this is not a perfect explanation of the phrase/word oxymoron I really don't know what is. Consumer Relations, indeed. I am amazed at this apparent NEW Kraft concern for the customer. I guess business is good....for now!

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I am so very disappointed that the recipe has changed so drastically. This used to be my favourite thing to eat, would eat it at least once a week. It’s is so gross now. I will not purchase it anymore. Hope somebody comes to their senses and changes the recipe back before you go out of business, clearly I’m not the only person who can’t stomach your product any more.

Original review: July 14, 2019

KD was my three teens favorite go to meal when cooking for themselves. This last year it has changed so much that they won't eat it period. Smells awful, tastes awful. Thought we had bought some bad boxes, but nope that's just the way it is now. It's such a shame. I will never waste my $ again and will throw out the boxes I have here. They love the white President's Choice or Annie's brand now.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I cannot buy your product anymore. It tastes awful. A box of noodles and some fake butter tastes better than your Mac and Cheese. Whatever you did you completely screwed it up. When my even one 1 year refuses to eat it you know it’s bad. PS my 1 year old will even try to eat cat food if he can get to it. So congrats on destroying a perfectly good product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kraft Foods?

Original review: July 2, 2019

Not the mac and cheese of 10 years ago. In a pinch, I used to make this stuff for my kids, when we were low on food and they had come home from basketball or football. It was OK, and I ate it with them. Recently, to accommodate a change in my schedule I thought I would pick some up at the big box store. A ten pack. The first one, tasted horrible. Like cardboard. It smelled like cardboard. So a few days later I made a second. Still horrible. Talking with other people who have younger children, they say that their kids refuse to eat it. I don't blame them. What happened!!!?

Original review: June 29, 2019

Absolutely gross. This product use to be great but now an elephant and baboon ** party is more appealing than this could ever be. I'd rather buy great value from Walmart as it taste like what KD use to taste like and cheaper by half the price or better. Bottom line starving people in 4th world countries wouldn't even eat this garbage or even throw this to the lions and crocodiles. PS. WAS FORCED TO PUT 1 STAR WHEN IT DESERVES NEGATIVE A BILLION STARS.

Original review: June 28, 2019

Sorry would prefer a zero rating but it will not allow less than 1. The new ingredients of the Kraft Dinner sauce mix although probably healthier for us tastes terrible and I do not how you can say no one noticed. When launched in 2015 you believed no one noticed because three months' sales were the same. It took months for the stores to sell off old stock and it was almost a year later that I actually tasted the new sauce. The USA stores maybe had more stock but for another year or so I was still eating the old recipe. Now even my grandchildren refuse to eat Kraft Dinner. The taste is only part of the issue. The noodles themselves have changed. If I boil for longer than 4 minutes or so I end up with mush. Now it is just another 'WHEN I WAS A KID' story to tell future generations. Too Bad a great product gone away. Thanks for the memories.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I bought a couple boxes of KD today, hoping it would be a cheap replacement for my mac and cheese fix. After perfecting my own homemade macaroni and cheese recipe and being well into my fifth decade on Earth and enjoying a somewhat stabilized financial position, I no longer have any use for this inexpensive ‘convenience’ food...

Conversely, during and throughout my middle and high school years, I happily gobbled up my Kraft Dinner and later on, my preferred ‘Spirals’ version at least twice a week at lunch times. I was always met with any empty bowl, whole box to myself, within a couple minutes - I loved it so I thought it would be all right and I’d save some money this time around AND be nostalgic all in one fell swoop.

You see, this week I found myself short on grocery money while waiting for a delayed cheque to clear, and the 67 cent albeit ‘special’ price was very enticing. With a limited food budget until next week - which did not include a thirteen dollar block of cheddar cheese - this seemed like a good solution to a cheap meal. And I was also curious about what it was like these days. You know being a modern consumer with the awareness that product recipes change to meet fiscal needs and demands...blah, blah, blah.

Well let me tell you, this is not the KD of yore. Yes, it is still delightfully orange, but the chemical, plastic smell that filled my nostrils immediately upon tearing upon the cheese pouch was beyond mystifying and very disconcerting. Feeling a bit unsettled, but remaining hopeful, I added the requisite tablespoon of non-hydrogenated margarine (my go to is Becel) and tablespoon of milk (I used half & half) and stirred. OMG, I mean really O. M. G. The chemical plastic odour of whatever substance the cheese powder is made off really put me off. I could barely get down a half dozen forkfuls and that was it. I will never eat this stuff again.

It’s the smell...that chemical fabricated smell of fake-ness. The would breathe a sigh of relief that the marigold-coloured concoction is long gone now, on its way to our lovely sewer system, but that awful synthetic ‘cheese’ aroma still hangs in the air. It does not even smell like cheese. I’d have to guess that it smells like what a computer would interpret cheese smelling like and then creating a recipe to reproduce it from a kaleidoscope of synthetic flavour elements after it’s been told what THEY smell like...not the least bit cheesy smell - it has been totally lost. And the macaroni itself, straight, short and broken strands, absolutely colourless (translucent actually) made of evidently lifeless over-bleached flour [or its cheap synthetic counterpart(s)], the best thing about the product is now the fantabulously designed graphic on the box.

Aside from the redundant and unsurprising "put your ‘67 cents toward another brand" (I hear the President’s Choice versions are decent), I say good luck and congratulations on maintaining the longevity of this product, Kraft...but you could save even more money and everyone else the disappointment by not even making this crap at all. How about dropping this product altogether and using those hole-in-your-pocket-burning-funds to re-evaluate your salad dressing line...?

Original review: April 30, 2019

The picture on the box of the noodles are not what is in the box. The noodles are so thin they turn too much, taste terrible. False advertising. Will never buy again and returning all I have. Goodbye Kraft.

Kraft Foods Company Information