2.11/5
Based on 18 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

28 Kraft Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 8, 2018

Kraft Dinner is proof that all a rich man wants is just a little more. The smaller noodles and change in taste has wrecked a proven winner. Like Coca-Cola changing its recipe. Fire the decision-maker.

Original review: March 23, 2018

If you fully cook the noodles, they turn to mush and the overall taste is gag-worthy. Went from a 10 to a 1 with the new original. The store brand ones even taste better. I am turning away from these altogether.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

TO KRAFT. Opened our bag of Fast Food fries and found chunks of what appeared to be a batter coating that smelled of fried chicken, one of the lumps was cooked. I have included the bar scan code. We threw out the bag of fries. I believe we bought them at Walmart Supercenter Store #1027. THEIR RESPONSE. "Hi **, we're sorry to hear about your experience with your Ore-Ida Fries. Please contact our consumer care line at 1-800-892-2401 so we can understand how we can make it right".

Uh, how about not allowing foreign matter into my food? Telling me the steps to rectify your poor quality control. This looked like chunks of batter to go over Chicken, one piece was fried! I went to the USDA site after this response. Now I know what to do to correctly report issues. I'm through with telling Manufacturers that don't have proper staff/procedures/facilities and don't police themselves anyway.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I've been eating Knudsen cottage cheese since I was a child (over 50 years) and have purchased the large 48 oz containers from Costco as they are an excellent bargain! Since I usually add the cottage cheese to lasagna recipes or smoothies, I haven't really eaten it plain until I decided to eat it instead of eggs as a protein source for breakfast. The last carton totally went to waste as it seemed to have a funky texture. Costco is wonderful about returning things, but it wasn't worth the trip, so I tossed it. Last Costco trip I purchased it again, hoping it was just a fluke. The date was good thru Nov 14, 2017, purchased Oct., so knew it should be good.

Once again, it didn't taste spoiled, just had a funky texture. It seemed creamier/slimier and so I wrapped it in cheesecloth and drained it. I had over a full cup of thick gelatinous liquid that did NOT taste or resemble whey! Even the curds did not have a cheesy taste or texture. I'm just wondering if you lovely folks at Kraft have modified a great product by adding a bunch of modified food starch. I notice guar gum is also now in the ingredients, which is a known inflammatory ingredient. You give me no choice but to switch to a pure product! Sad that you've modified food for families, into fatter profits by using fillers. I just want cottage cheese and whey and maybe a tad bit of salt!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Maxwell House the original roast for Keurig ground coffee plugs up my coffee maker (the single most badass Keurig maker available) during the initial use and requires "needle " maintenance. After cleaning it it only goes to fault again. But... If I use a different brand, I have no issues before or after your product. I don't have my receipt or even know how much this stuff cost... But I want a replacement that actually was made for K-Cup usage. I've used Maxwell House product for ever (40 plus years) and believe in the Kraft brand. However I can be realistic and influential with my friends and associates. Fix this problem for me and your brand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kraft Foods?

Original review: April 10, 2017

I am 51. I grew up with Bird's Custard Powder. My mother was European with high culinary standards for custard. Bird's passed the test so she never had to make custard from scratch. I made the same custard on occasion, for a special occasion when a premium custard was called for alone or in a recipe. Being health conscious this custard is off my list of acceptable food. Several years later I decided to try it alone as a dessert for company. Much to my horror, I tried what was left in the pot, and it tasted completely different.

Gone was the clean custard flavor. It now tastes like starch, with fillers? The only thing that makes sense is they changed it to cut costs. This is not the custard I grew up with. It has become a cheap imitation. I will go to a European market and buy the real product, and so should you. People of the younger generation, big food companies are trying to fool you, thinking you don't know any better. Kraft has several other products that they have corrupted.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

Kraft Velveeta Shells & Cheese & Macaroni & Cheese - Deluxe: I have bought Kraft products for 30+ yrs. I don't know what they have done in the past 5 yrs or so to change up, go cheaper on their recipe but it's horrible anymore. The cheese tastes like cardboard. Very gross. I used to love to squeeze the cheese right outta the package and eat it. Yuck, can't do that anymore. Even the bricks of Velveeta taste terrible. I don't know what they've done, maybe tried to cut corners and save themselves some money. But they need to change it back because it's absolutely horrible! Even the generic brands are better than Kraft anymore. Shame they ruin food by trying to cut.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I've been using stove top stuffing in my Thanksgiving dinner for years. But some reason, this time I read the ingredients. Oh my god! Over the past few years, I have removed several really bad ingredients completely out of my diet. Topping this list is High Fructose Corn syrup. Followed by corn syrup of any kind, hydrogenated anything and several more.

My stuffing has High Fructose Corn syrup in it! And the hydrogenated oil. WHY? It should be nothing but bread and some herbs. NOT THIS CHEAP FILLER that is potentially harmful!!! Look it up, high fructose corn syrup does not metabolize like regular sugar. It prevents a hormone, leptin, from reaching the brain. This hormone is responsible for signaling the brain when you're full. It causes the eater to keep on eating. It's not tasty, it's not good, it does NOT BELONG IN OUR FOOD!

Hydrogenated oils are now thought to contain tiny trace amounts of METALS which are likely scraping the insides of your arteries which then pick up the GLUE that is solidified or hydrogenated oil clogging your arteries. BOTH are OFF MY MENU! Not to mention the assorted other ingredients I can't even pronounce.

And that's it. Already gave up every other boxed, processed food item completely. From now on, I'll buy GOOD croutons and make my own damn stuffing. NO MORE PREPACKAGED FOODS OF ANY KIND!!! Kraft, and anyone else, you need to STOP slipping more and more cheap garbage fillers into the food. So you saved a few pennies making it. You just lost a customer for life. Was it worth it?

I plan to start a Pinterest board and the image used here will go on it. People need to learn about all the pure garbage companies like Kraft have been slowly adding to the food. It's clear the FDA doesn't care. The answer is simple. Shop in produce, meat, dairy, buy real food. I wish I knew this stuff decades ago. I just wonder how many years I've been eating this **. Never would have thought to read ingredients for something as simple as stuffing. Geesh. And from what I always THOUGHT was a good company. Never again.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

Kraft/Heinz manufactures Kool Aid liquid. The containers are NOT recyclable. When I wrote to the company about this they had nothing to say other than, "Some of our plastics are not recyclable." You would think, with our world trash and ecological issues -- the oceans are full of crap and it's killing the wildlife -- a company as large as Kraft Heinz would have a green conscience. But no -- they are only in it for the money and obviously don't give a damn about the environment. Shame on them. I will no longer buy from this company, nor will my family. Hoping you won't either.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

Please make better packaging for 8 pack of pudding. When pudding package is picked up, pudding always falls out. In this day and age, you could design something better. On the bright side, the pudding is yummy in the tummy. Thank You.

Original review: June 19, 2016

I like Eden cheese products. In fact, my friends enjoyed Eden Mayo and Cheese as a dip when we ate french fries. The excellence in quality of the Eden products was also proven in euromonitor.com when the reports shown that the cheese products of Kraft Foods in the Philippines has a value share of 60%. In other words, the revenue of the cheese products of Kraft comprises 60% of the revenues from selling cheese in the Philippines.

Original review: June 15, 2016

I've been buying Kraft Macaroni & Cheese boxed dinner for over 30 years and my family always loved it. However, Kraft has recently made some changes and now it has a label that says: "No artificial preservatives, No artificial flavors and No artificial dyes", which has totally transformed the taste! The taste is now so bland and odd-tasting that nobody in our family could stand to eat more than a couple of spoonfuls last week when I served it with our dinner; and we ended up giving almost all of it to the dog! So I went back to the grocery store this week to buy the original Mac & Cheese formula (thinking I had made a mistake when I made my purchase & had just grabbed the wrong box). Unfortunately, EVERY single box of Kraft Mac & cheese had the same stupid label on it saying "No artificial preservatives, flavors or dyes!"

Out of disgust, I ended up having to buy Great Value Mac & Cheese instead. I'm sure it HAS to better than what Kraft is now offering their customers. I even went on-line and found out that there are SCORES of customers complaining about this new formula, and have vowed never to buy Kraft Mac & Cheese again! I remember years ago when Coca-Cola tried to change the flavor of their Classic Coke and pushed something inferior on to us. It was a HUGE failure and they had to go back to making the original formula. Kraft's new formula is also a HUGE failure, and they need to go back to the original ingredients for the customers who have loved it for decades. If Kraft wants to make an alternative formula for the Health Conscious freaks, then that's fine; but let us have our original Kraft Mac & Cheese ingredients back! If they refuse to do this, then their sales will drop tremendously!

Original review: June 10, 2016

I was searching the aisles of Foodmax for snacks and chocolates that I can bring home to the Philippines to give to my friends and relatives. I chanced upon these Planters chocolate peanut butter brownie mix and bought a few. The packaging really caught my eye -- there were pictures of what the ingredients were and it really looks like it's very tasty and delicious. It is a mix of peanut butter candy covered peanuts, cocoa peanuts, milk chocolate covered brownie flavor bits and peanut butter candy pieces. Yum, right? When I got home, I opened and tasted one right away and knew that I made the right choice. It was superb! I am not a fan of peanut butter but this is an exception. The taste of the peanut butter is not overpowering and you can taste salty, sweet, nutty, chocolatey all at the same time. This is the perfect snack for peanut and chocolate lovers.

Original review: June 9, 2016

Kraft Miracle Whip is a good choice for cooking and dipping. It has just the right level of sweetness and tanginess. Even the kids love it on their sandwiches and for their fries or chips. It's also creamier and tastes fresher than most brands but it's not greasy like the popular ones on TV. As for the price, it's reasonable considering the quality of the product. The only downside is these days it's hard to find in grocery stores in our area and I don't know why. The packaging could also use a little improvement as the plastic container seems inappropriate for a condiment like mayonnaise. Maybe it's just me but I think after sometime, the mayo catches the plastic taste. I'd appreciate it if they could return to using glass jars for this one.

Original review: May 22, 2016

Anything cheese is love. I love cheese and I grew up in a house with people who love Kraft Eden Cheese. Now that I have my own kids, I also use it. I have it in the pantry as a cooking/baking essential, snack fixer, or simply as a guilty pleasure. One of my daughters is loving it, too. Somehow, for her, it is a treat. Its salty and creamy taste leaves a certain flavor that makes you want to have some more. This cheese is good for preparing snacks. It is good for simple sandwiches. It goes well with ham, bacon, perhaps, any kind of meat. It is also perfect for salad. It is very creamy, which is good for cooking.

As a mother who has to cook meals at least three times a day, I can tell, this cheese is very good for cooking some Filipino viands such as the dynamite, adobo, etc. I've tried it with many recipes, and it has been awesome. The price is just right with different variants to choose from. It doesn't smell oh-so-bad (well, cheese is cheese, after all. I guess the more pungent it is, the better). There are other cheese brands that are very good as well, but so far, Kraft Eden cheese is satisfying, and I'm sticking to it for now.

Original review: March 22, 2016

Never buying Velveeta again! The bag is misleading, you don't read it's Mozzarella FLAVOR until after the package is in the garbage, and your meal made out of the product ends up in the garbage. No wonder it was so cheap. I live on a limited income, I use food stamps to have healthy meals that stretch the entire month. I also have digestive disorders and have to be extremely careful of what goes into my body. I was so looking forward to having REAL cheese on my pizza, not this cheese product. I mentioned it to a few of my friends and they had the exact same opinion. Very misleading packaging, very disgusting flavor, ruined food. It even made my stomach sick after trying to eat it. I'm going to start avoiding anything that says KRAFT from here on out if this is what I can expect.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2011

I purchased from Bel Air Market in Sacramento, CA Premium saltine crackers (expired in 09?). My stomach was not feeling well tonight. I opened the cracker box and the first (unopened) package of Premium Saltine crackers and took a bite of one cracker! Awk! After taking a bite - thinking it was just "stale", I swallowed it. Then, I turned the white plastic wrapped sleeve of crackers towards my nose and smelled them and it was very obvious these "plastic tasting" crackers were "tainted" by the plastic wrapper! Gross! It was a disgusting smell and flavor! Now, I hope I haven't been poisoned by the crackers. I noticed another complaint about these crackers and thought I'd share my experience tonight and have not contacted the store, etc. because they apparently were purchased much longer ago than I thought, that or I bought old crackers somehow. The inner flap indicates the following: 57T S-2008053, J-5507560 09/08, Graphic Pkg, Brand Seal - Scan Serial #44000 00057.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2010

I went to purchase a package of mozzarella cheese and noticed that the package read 2 cups, but the contents were minuscule. I looked closer at the package and saw that the ounces stated was only eight (8). Does not 8 oz. make 1 cup, not 2? Is there some new way to measure cheese? Is this a mistake on Kraft's part or false advertisement?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2010

I opened a Capri Sun Water and had a snotty glob of stuff come up the straw. When I opened the pouch, it had a few cloudy white, snotty-looking globs in it. After reading that Kraft does very little to help out (I did email them though), I was hoping you could direct me to a lab that could test this out and see what is in it? I have called a few labs in Vermont and it seems like no one can help. I have also had stomachaches lately and not sure if this is all part of it. My daughter and I drink them all the time. Please advise. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2010

I keep buying the new Wheat Thins Artisan Cheese Crackers (Vermont White Cheddar Flavor). The first 2 boxes were excellent but each additional box I buy seems to have less flavor. The box I have currently has no flavor. It's just a box of plain hexagon-shaped Wheat Thins. I'm very disappointed and want my money back. Where's the flavor, people?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2009

I bit into an Oscar Mayer hotdog with my front teeth. As I went to chew it with my molar teeth, I bit into a piece of bone and fractured one of my molar teeth. It went down into the gum line. I saved the hotdog, and the piece of bone I bit into that ruined my tooth. I went to the dentist and spent 3 hours of heck as he lasered and ground my tooth along with restructuring the gum and bone to save what was left of the tooth to put a crown on. I go to the dentist every 3 months, and my teeth were in fantastic shape. Now, due to a wiener, I have to have a crown, and the pain I have been in now for days, and my mouth will be altered with a crown which will change it forever. Don't bite down too hard on Oscar Mayer hotdogs.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2009 I bought several packages of Jell-O brand instant pudding--I was enticed by the large word "Calci-YUM!"(tm) in the upper left corner. Beneath it said "A Good Source of Calcium as Prepared". Foolishly, I assumed this meant that the actual pudding had calcium in it. But after I got home I realized that there literally is NO calcium in this pudding mix, and what they are actually advertising is the calcium that is found in MILK. Once you add milk, THEN you get calcium. That is extremely misleading, and in addition I wasn't even planning on making it with milk. Why should this product flaunt the trademarked term "Calci-YUM!", yet not even have any calcium in it? I think it this is deliberate trickery.
Original review: Feb. 19, 2008

I bought a hot dog at a Quik Trip store. I bit into this hotdog and broke my tooth in half on a piece of "something" in the hotdog. I swallowed it and threw the rest away. I reported it that day (2/12/08) to Quik Trip, who contacted Kraft. Kraft contacted me and told me that without the piece of bone, they could not do anything. The day before, Kraft called my home and spoke to my wife telling her that they have been working hard to prevent this. She also told them that I had swallowed the evidence. He told my wife to call back after the dental exam which I did and they told me there was nothing they could do.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2008

A few weeks ago, I purchased a box of Kraft Weiners for myself and my two kids. I'm a single mother who barely gets by as it is; however, after I fed myself as well as my kids the product that I bought from Kraft, we all three were sick within that hour. I had to miss work, kids had to miss school, so I lost out on pay, and the mental condition I'm in didn't help whatsoever. I understand that Kraft is a very popular product, and up until then, I love purchasing it, but now I am nervous to purchase anything labeled with Kraft on it.

Original review: March 9, 2007

I started eating Planters Peanuts's Honey Roasted Peanuts yesterday (March 8, 2007) from the party-sized container (2lbs, 2.5oz). It was approximately 3:45 pm when I was chewing some of them and crunched down on something that nearly broke my teeth. It felt really hard like a rock, and a piece broke off into my mouth. When I spit it all out onto a paper towel, I nearly fainted. It looked like a huge bone or something gruesome like that. So, I looked closer at it and it looked like a big, animal tooth. It is like a canine tooth, a wolf tooth, or large animal tooth. It still has the roots intact, except for a small chunk I bit down on and broke off.

Original review: March 26, 2006

On Wednesday March 22, 2006, I purchased a box of Honey Bunch of Oats with Strawberries from a Pueblo Supermarket in my neighborhood. On Thursday morning, my 10 year old daughter was going to eat some cereal when she noticed that the strawberries had a mold on them and the plastic bag that contains the cereal had a white powdery film that was also present on the cereal. Since I already discarded the sales receipt, I opt to discard the cereal. Today I purchased another box of cereal and upon arriving at my home, my daughter opened the box. To both our surprise, not only did this box of cereal contain mold and the white powdery substance but there were both dead and living crawling bugs inside. I promptly went back to the supermarket and returned the cereal. Although there was no physical damage encountered, there is now a phobia with cereals which will cause an uneasy feeling whenever we eat any cereal.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2005

I purchased a box of Taco Bell Tostada kit at the store and when opened, the tostadas were broken. I went to check for the date on package and it is not readable. Aren't they to have a readable date on the package before the product is shipped to the consumer? If the tostadas were not broken, I would have eaten this product. I called the company packer, Kraft Foods that packs the product and they only would say that after it leaves them, it's out of their hands. This is unacceptable for a consumer and this practice should be stopped. All products should have a date of when it was made or when it goes bad. Do you agree?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2003

I had purchased Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Real Strawberries, a double pack value from BJ's Wholesale Club in 2002. One pack was fine, but the second pack, upon opening, I found all like spider webs inside. It looks like a very nice thread-like structure, useless to consume. How do I proceed with this problem even though the company wants to know if satisfied or not? The ups no. is 43000 11227 best when used jun0703j1a.

Kraft Foods Company Information

www.kraftrecipes.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business