2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

3.8/5 (196 ratings)

About Kraft Foods

Kraft Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kraft Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kraft Foods?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I have used lemon cook & serve pudding & pie filling since my teens. I am currently 77 years old and am very disappointed with the changes made to what used to be a delicious pudding and pie filling. It has always been a favorite in my family. No more!! We are very unhappy with the changes made. Can you please bring the original back?

Original review: July 13, 2021

I've been eating and serving my family Kraft Mac & Cheese for over forty four years. I bought two boxes of the original with use by dates 15/04/22. The pasta, which I usually cook for 8 minutes was a completely shredded mush after 4 minutes. I did notice years ago that I always needed to add extra cheese to obtain anything like the original flavour.. Come on Kraft you’re doing yourselves no favours! Cheating the public will always end badly!

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I am obsessed with macaroni and cheese, Kraft was my favorite brand! Recently every single batch makes the water thick and slimy, way too much starch in it? It sticks together immediately upon pouring into the pan of water, so much so I can't stir it if I walk away even 2 minutes to grab other ingredients and bowls. I am also disappointed you discontinued the White Cheddar flavor, my absolute favorite. Why are you changing your recipes, your size volumes, your flavor choices. If it isn't broken, why fix it? Is your bottom line worth more than satisfied (maybe even happy) customers?

I studied marketing, and I know that word of mouth feedback is everything, and reviews should be taken seriously or at least considered. Gen-X consumers buy products that remind them of good days, this product today does not bring happy feelings. Please consider going back to the original recipes, larger noodles, white cheddar cheese sauce and stop introducing all the weird movie shaped noodle varieties, kids don't remember the shapes as much as the flavor. Thank You for listening.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

I have eaten Kraft Dinner my entire life. Thousands of boxes. I used to spend my allowance buying myself mac and cheese. So recently I was shocked when I thought I got a bad box when it tasted musty, or moldy. I threw it out and got another box next time I shopped, and it also tastes musty. Like how gym socks smell. They ALL taste musty. Like they'd been stored in a wet basement for 6 years. Everyone in my family agrees with me that it now tastes moldy, musty, or sometimes metallic and that it never did before. It leaves a bad after taste of mildew in your mouth. Expiry dates were checked thoroughly and were all "good" so I came online and searched "gross mac and cheese" and saw thousands of people agreeing with me.

I do not know what was done to the recipe, but after 5 boxes from 4 stores all with good expiry dates on the packaging and no package dampness or damage, I am convinced Kraft has changed the recipe. Every single box tastes musty and metallic. Congrats Kraft, on making yourself the brand that USED to be Canada's favourite. I wouldn't recommend this product to my enemy now. Do not buy (unless the flavour of moldy gym socks appeals to you.)

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I have eaten Kraft Singles for my whole life -- 60+ years. Creamy, melty cheese that made great sandwiches, cheese & crackers, and cheese sauce. This last batch is awful! Kraft Cheese Slices! Gritty and dry! I took a bite and actually spit it out and went to the kitchen to make sure I bought the right brand. Yup. Genuine Kraft cheese... tasting like cheese dirt. I tried melting it over a hotdog like I have done for years. This is a cheese that does not melt! It just stayed the same shape and and began to burn on the edges. I could peel the whole slice of hot "cheese", intact, off the hotdog. It tasted nothing like cheese, or cheese food, or anything I will ever purchase again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I am glad to see in reading these other reviews that I was not, in fact, going crazy. Kraft Dinner used to be my go to, like so many Canadians, but since last summer I can't bring myself to buy it anymore. We've tried different batches and, despite the ingredients list being the same, it's quite clear from all of us that something has changed. The only way I was able to make it palatable was to cover the entire thing in garlic. I have since discovered other off brands now taste more like Kraft Dinner than anything Kraft makes now. I have seen other companies try to change their recipes or ingredients and everyone I've seen has gone back to the one everyone enjoys. Almost like that's the point of making these products, not to just sit on the shelf until there's nothing else left to eat.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I have not eaten Kraft mac and cheese in years... Tonight I bought a box of spiral mac and cheese. The taste was ok but the noodles? Seriously Kraft? They were smaller than a grain of dirt. I was very disappointed. The whole box did not even make a bowl full. That stuff when I was younger made a lot more. I seriously will never buy this product again. The spiral noodles on the shelves are like 10x the size of the tiny crap you put in the box... Are you out to gouge us like everyone else?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

My spouse operates a child care service that she served KD as the children loved it. Kraft changed the ingredients and now it’s horrible. The children ask for the other kind that was good. I don’t know if this change was implemented to improve their profit margin because I think it will have the opposite effect. Numerous people have stated that they will never buy it again. That’s too bad because it was liked by the children in the day homes and by my grandson in college.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

The last 2 times we have purchased Kraft Singles we noticed a change. The slices taste gritty and he no longer melts in our grill cheese sandwiches. What have you done? Why did you change the recipe? I understand why your profits have fallen!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Something has definitely changed with the recipe. My kids USED to love the Kraft Mac n Cheese. Now they can’t stand the flavor. The traditional recipe was definitely a winner. We will no longer purchase the Kraft Mac n Cheese.

Kraft Foods Company Information