2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.64/5

Kraft Foods Reviews

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I am glad to see in reading these other reviews that I was not, in fact, going crazy. Kraft Dinner used to be my go to, like so many Canadians, but since last summer I can't bring myself to buy it anymore. We've tried different batches and, despite the ingredients list being the same, it's quite clear from all of us that something has changed. The only way I was able to make it palatable was to cover the entire thing in garlic. I have since discovered other off brands now taste more like Kraft Dinner than anything Kraft makes now. I have seen other companies try to change their recipes or ingredients and everyone I've seen has gone back to the one everyone enjoys. Almost like that's the point of making these products, not to just sit on the shelf until there's nothing else left to eat.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I have not eaten Kraft mac and cheese in years... Tonight I bought a box of spiral mac and cheese. The taste was ok but the noodles? Seriously Kraft? They were smaller than a grain of dirt. I was very disappointed. The whole box did not even make a bowl full. That stuff when I was younger made a lot more. I seriously will never buy this product again. The spiral noodles on the shelves are like 10x the size of the tiny crap you put in the box... Are you out to gouge us like everyone else?

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

My spouse operates a child care service that she served KD as the children loved it. Kraft changed the ingredients and now it’s horrible. The children ask for the other kind that was good. I don’t know if this change was implemented to improve their profit margin because I think it will have the opposite effect. Numerous people have stated that they will never buy it again. That’s too bad because it was liked by the children in the day homes and by my grandson in college.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

The last 2 times we have purchased Kraft Singles we noticed a change. The slices taste gritty and he no longer melts in our grill cheese sandwiches. What have you done? Why did you change the recipe? I understand why your profits have fallen!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Something has definitely changed with the recipe. My kids USED to love the Kraft Mac n Cheese. Now they can’t stand the flavor. The traditional recipe was definitely a winner. We will no longer purchase the Kraft Mac n Cheese.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kraft Foods?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I grew up eating KD and loving it. In recent years new, cheaper ingredients have been used. At first I noticed it in the smell of the cooking product, and it was obvious in the taste. It tasted stale and unappetizing. It tasted like some kind of filler, so I stopped serving it to my family for a year. Today we bought a box and decided to try it, see if the disgusting experience we had before was just an anomaly, a twelve case that was made wrong or a factory botch. I am saddened to report that Kraft has continued to use whatever they had changed. It remains disgusting, in smell and taste. Myself and my family will not be eating it anymore. Sad really, it was a standby and favourite. Their search for higher profit margins and cheaper ingredients will put them right out of business, or in the least kill this product line dead. So, Kraft, enjoying your version of "New Coke"?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I noticed in the last year that it seemed like there was something wrong with the taste. I stopped buying it for awhile and then picked up some boxes on sale. I tried it again and it still tasted horrid. After checking the date I noticed it had expired. I chalked it up to that and then another few months went by and I just cooked a box of it tonight. So, this time, it's not expired. It really is gross. I'm not buying this anymore. Whatever they did to it, it now tastes stale and not cheesy at all. Too bad. It was a family favourite for years. Guess I'll be trying different brands now.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I used to love Kraft Dinner as a quick inexpensive meal, but stopped eating it a couple years ago. I didn't know the recipe changed, I just figured it was me who stopped enjoying it. It started tasting very bland, unappealing and also is way more expensive. You should really consider offering the "Classic recipe" and "KD Healthy" version. Until then, I am now a fan of President's Choice brand. Way better than KD.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Kraft Mac and cheese was my favorite since I was a kid. No more. It's been tasting different for a while now. Now it's the worst. Hate the mushy noodles. I will not buy again until Kraft changes it back to when I was a kid.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

While I don't eat KD very often, I always liked it and decided to make some for lunch today. We also had a box of a similar product from Trader Joe's from a recent trip to the USA. Did a side by side comparison. We made them as directed with the same amount of butter in each. The stuff from TJ was like KD used to be: very tasty. The KD tasted stale and like cardboard. I checked the best before date wondering if it was stale, but nope: best before 2021-over a year away. Too bad we don't have TJ here in Canada. I'll be giving our other box of KD to the food bank (my apologies to whomever gets it) and trying PC or Annies as I've heard other ex-KD lovers suggest.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Kraft Foods Company Information