1.79/5

39 Kraft Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 7, 2019

I bought a couple boxes of KD today, hoping it would be a cheap replacement for my mac and cheese fix. After perfecting my own homemade macaroni and cheese recipe and being well into my fifth decade on Earth and enjoying a somewhat stabilized financial position, I no longer have any use for this inexpensive ‘convenience’ food...

Conversely, during and throughout my middle and high school years, I happily gobbled up my Kraft Dinner and later on, my preferred ‘Spirals’ version at least twice a week at lunch times. I was always met with any empty bowl, whole box to myself, within a couple minutes - I loved it so I thought it would be all right and I’d save some money this time around AND be nostalgic all in one fell swoop.

You see, this week I found myself short on grocery money while waiting for a delayed cheque to clear, and the 67 cent albeit ‘special’ price was very enticing. With a limited food budget until next week - which did not include a thirteen dollar block of cheddar cheese - this seemed like a good solution to a cheap meal. And I was also curious about what it was like these days. You know being a modern consumer with the awareness that product recipes change to meet fiscal needs and demands...blah, blah, blah.

Well let me tell you, this is not the KD of yore. Yes, it is still delightfully orange, but the chemical, plastic smell that filled my nostrils immediately upon tearing upon the cheese pouch was beyond mystifying and very disconcerting. Feeling a bit unsettled, but remaining hopeful, I added the requisite tablespoon of non-hydrogenated margarine (my go to is Becel) and tablespoon of milk (I used half & half) and stirred. OMG, I mean really O. M. G. The chemical plastic odour of whatever substance the cheese powder is made off really put me off. I could barely get down a half dozen forkfuls and that was it. I will never eat this stuff again.

It’s the smell...that chemical fabricated smell of fake-ness. The would breathe a sigh of relief that the marigold-coloured concoction is long gone now, on its way to our lovely sewer system, but that awful synthetic ‘cheese’ aroma still hangs in the air. It does not even smell like cheese. I’d have to guess that it smells like what a computer would interpret cheese smelling like and then creating a recipe to reproduce it from a kaleidoscope of synthetic flavour elements after it’s been told what THEY smell like...not the least bit cheesy smell - it has been totally lost. And the macaroni itself, straight, short and broken strands, absolutely colourless (translucent actually) made of evidently lifeless over-bleached flour [or its cheap synthetic counterpart(s)], the best thing about the product is now the fantabulously designed graphic on the box.

Aside from the redundant and unsurprising "put your ‘67 cents toward another brand" (I hear the President’s Choice versions are decent), I say good luck and congratulations on maintaining the longevity of this product, Kraft...but you could save even more money and everyone else the disappointment by not even making this crap at all. How about dropping this product altogether and using those hole-in-your-pocket-burning-funds to re-evaluate your salad dressing line...?

Original review: April 30, 2019

The picture on the box of the noodles are not what is in the box. The noodles are so thin they turn too much, taste terrible. False advertising. Will never buy again and returning all I have. Goodbye Kraft.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Kraft Dinner Original has been a favorite in our family for many years - now it is ruined - the noodle are like mush and the taste is definitely not what we used to love - we are stuck with several boxes in the cupboard but will never buy this product again unless the company goes back to the old recipe. Why try to fix something that is not broken!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

You should have left a Miracle Whip and the other stuff in the glass jars. Everything in the plastic taste like plastic. It says that my jar was good till June 2019 and it's already spoiled. Get rid of the plastic when it spoils. It tastes like plastic and it doesn't last that long either like the stuff in the glass jars.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Product included a stone that broke my Baratza Preciso grinder. I bought one bag of Nabob Colombian bags per week for years. Use a Baratza Preciso grinder and Technovorm coffee maker to make great coffee. After a short time using beans from a different source, I again bought three bags of Nabob Columbian beans. The second bag apparently included a foreign object which broke my grinder's nylon upper ring holder (designed to break in presence of a stone or hard object). The repair part + shipping is US$24.00. I asked Kraft Nabob to reimburse me for this, e.g., with product coupons, and they refused. I won't be buying Nabob or any Kraft product again unless I can't make it myself or buy a competitor's prepared product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kraft Foods?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

The disappointment is beyond words, you have totally destroyed a national treasure. The smell that came off of Kraft dinner this last year is so disgusting I threw away the first two boxes thinking it was just a rancid batch. I did call Kraft to complain and ask what they had done to the recipe after buying it in many different stores. They told me they had done nothing to change it which is truly unbelievable. Lost a life long customer. It is truly the smell and taste, its like it's gone bad, very, very bad. Disgusting! I cannot emphasize enough just how bad you've made it!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I'm on my second bottle of this salad dressing. The label says, "Refrigerate after opening." Fine, except then the olive oil congeals into a big floating white glob. Shaking the bottle merely breaks the glob into many smaller globs. I tried microwaving. BAD idea. The bottle crumpled like a deflated football. The only thing that works is letting the bottle sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. (Or I guess you could submerge it in warm water.) The dressing tastes fine when the oil is a liquid, but what a hassle!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Me and my grandchildren like Kraft's honey mustard on our sandwiches. I bought a bottle of the "New Look" honey mustard. We noticed it was a lot darker than the original. We tasted it and it was horrible, please bring back the original honey mustard.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Tonight we just wanted something fast as well you know, October 31. We tried this and were not impressed, the best way I can describe it is there is mayo and Miracle Whip. This just doesn't have that zing. The price in Canadian was $5.49 at Safeway which seems high to me probably as I did not enjoy it. Anyway that is one man's opinion. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Bought a bag of shredded cheddar cheese. Expiration date said January of 2019, but the bag already had mold inside of it. I would like to know what to do. I don't want to return it to the store. I will buy another brand altogether. Not very impressed.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Disappointed with changes to Kraft Mac and Cheese. Taste was so bad I threw out first package thinking the cheese mix was bad (no indication on package that recipe was changed). Wrote Kraft (online) to complain but after 2 weeks with no reply decided to phone them directly (still had 11 box of KD left). While on internet looking for phone number I saw complaints about new recipe and knew that I was not dealing with a rancid cheese issue. Contacted Kraft to complain about my problem and was told that they would send me a refund for what I spent but that it would be in the form of coupons for different kraft products (not interested in purchasing Kraft Dinner anymore).

I have now received my coupons for 6 Kraft Dinner to replace the 12 that I purchased. I don't think they understand the complaints about their new recipe (more likely they don't care). Wrote them again on Sept. 12, and included their reference number to let them know that I am not satisfied with their response but have not received an reply from them on Sept. 23rd. Because they don't seem to care, I will be getting the word out online, including this post to Consumer Affairs.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Kraft Dinner is proof that all a rich man wants is just a little more. The smaller noodles and change in taste has wrecked a proven winner. Like Coca-Cola changing its recipe. Fire the decision-maker.

Original review: March 23, 2018

If you fully cook the noodles, they turn to mush and the overall taste is gag-worthy. Went from a 10 to a 1 with the new original. The store brand ones even taste better. I am turning away from these altogether.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

TO KRAFT. Opened our bag of Fast Food fries and found chunks of what appeared to be a batter coating that smelled of fried chicken, one of the lumps was cooked. I have included the bar scan code. We threw out the bag of fries. I believe we bought them at Walmart Supercenter Store #1027. THEIR RESPONSE. "Hi **, we're sorry to hear about your experience with your Ore-Ida Fries. Please contact our consumer care line at 1-800-892-2401 so we can understand how we can make it right".

Uh, how about not allowing foreign matter into my food? Telling me the steps to rectify your poor quality control. This looked like chunks of batter to go over Chicken, one piece was fried! I went to the USDA site after this response. Now I know what to do to correctly report issues. I'm through with telling Manufacturers that don't have proper staff/procedures/facilities and don't police themselves anyway.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I've been eating Knudsen cottage cheese since I was a child (over 50 years) and have purchased the large 48 oz containers from Costco as they are an excellent bargain! Since I usually add the cottage cheese to lasagna recipes or smoothies, I haven't really eaten it plain until I decided to eat it instead of eggs as a protein source for breakfast. The last carton totally went to waste as it seemed to have a funky texture. Costco is wonderful about returning things, but it wasn't worth the trip, so I tossed it. Last Costco trip I purchased it again, hoping it was just a fluke. The date was good thru Nov 14, 2017, purchased Oct., so knew it should be good.

Once again, it didn't taste spoiled, just had a funky texture. It seemed creamier/slimier and so I wrapped it in cheesecloth and drained it. I had over a full cup of thick gelatinous liquid that did NOT taste or resemble whey! Even the curds did not have a cheesy taste or texture. I'm just wondering if you lovely folks at Kraft have modified a great product by adding a bunch of modified food starch. I notice guar gum is also now in the ingredients, which is a known inflammatory ingredient. You give me no choice but to switch to a pure product! Sad that you've modified food for families, into fatter profits by using fillers. I just want cottage cheese and whey and maybe a tad bit of salt!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Maxwell House the original roast for Keurig ground coffee plugs up my coffee maker (the single most badass Keurig maker available) during the initial use and requires "needle " maintenance. After cleaning it it only goes to fault again. But... If I use a different brand, I have no issues before or after your product. I don't have my receipt or even know how much this stuff cost... But I want a replacement that actually was made for K-Cup usage. I've used Maxwell House product for ever (40 plus years) and believe in the Kraft brand. However I can be realistic and influential with my friends and associates. Fix this problem for me and your brand.

Original review: April 10, 2017

I am 51. I grew up with Bird's Custard Powder. My mother was European with high culinary standards for custard. Bird's passed the test so she never had to make custard from scratch. I made the same custard on occasion, for a special occasion when a premium custard was called for alone or in a recipe. Being health conscious this custard is off my list of acceptable food. Several years later I decided to try it alone as a dessert for company. Much to my horror, I tried what was left in the pot, and it tasted completely different.

Gone was the clean custard flavor. It now tastes like starch, with fillers? The only thing that makes sense is they changed it to cut costs. This is not the custard I grew up with. It has become a cheap imitation. I will go to a European market and buy the real product, and so should you. People of the younger generation, big food companies are trying to fool you, thinking you don't know any better. Kraft has several other products that they have corrupted.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

Kraft Velveeta Shells & Cheese & Macaroni & Cheese - Deluxe: I have bought Kraft products for 30+ yrs. I don't know what they have done in the past 5 yrs or so to change up, go cheaper on their recipe but it's horrible anymore. The cheese tastes like cardboard. Very gross. I used to love to squeeze the cheese right outta the package and eat it. Yuck, can't do that anymore. Even the bricks of Velveeta taste terrible. I don't know what they've done, maybe tried to cut corners and save themselves some money. But they need to change it back because it's absolutely horrible! Even the generic brands are better than Kraft anymore. Shame they ruin food by trying to cut.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I've been using stove top stuffing in my Thanksgiving dinner for years. But some reason, this time I read the ingredients. Oh my god! Over the past few years, I have removed several really bad ingredients completely out of my diet. Topping this list is High Fructose Corn syrup. Followed by corn syrup of any kind, hydrogenated anything and several more.

My stuffing has High Fructose Corn syrup in it! And the hydrogenated oil. WHY? It should be nothing but bread and some herbs. NOT THIS CHEAP FILLER that is potentially harmful!!! Look it up, high fructose corn syrup does not metabolize like regular sugar. It prevents a hormone, leptin, from reaching the brain. This hormone is responsible for signaling the brain when you're full. It causes the eater to keep on eating. It's not tasty, it's not good, it does NOT BELONG IN OUR FOOD!

Hydrogenated oils are now thought to contain tiny trace amounts of METALS which are likely scraping the insides of your arteries which then pick up the GLUE that is solidified or hydrogenated oil clogging your arteries. BOTH are OFF MY MENU! Not to mention the assorted other ingredients I can't even pronounce.

And that's it. Already gave up every other boxed, processed food item completely. From now on, I'll buy GOOD croutons and make my own damn stuffing. NO MORE PREPACKAGED FOODS OF ANY KIND!!! Kraft, and anyone else, you need to STOP slipping more and more cheap garbage fillers into the food. So you saved a few pennies making it. You just lost a customer for life. Was it worth it?

I plan to start a Pinterest board and the image used here will go on it. People need to learn about all the pure garbage companies like Kraft have been slowly adding to the food. It's clear the FDA doesn't care. The answer is simple. Shop in produce, meat, dairy, buy real food. I wish I knew this stuff decades ago. I just wonder how many years I've been eating this **. Never would have thought to read ingredients for something as simple as stuffing. Geesh. And from what I always THOUGHT was a good company. Never again.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

Kraft/Heinz manufactures Kool Aid liquid. The containers are NOT recyclable. When I wrote to the company about this they had nothing to say other than, "Some of our plastics are not recyclable." You would think, with our world trash and ecological issues -- the oceans are full of crap and it's killing the wildlife -- a company as large as Kraft Heinz would have a green conscience. But no -- they are only in it for the money and obviously don't give a damn about the environment. Shame on them. I will no longer buy from this company, nor will my family. Hoping you won't either.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

Please make better packaging for 8 pack of pudding. When pudding package is picked up, pudding always falls out. In this day and age, you could design something better. On the bright side, the pudding is yummy in the tummy. Thank You.

Original review: June 19, 2016

I like Eden cheese products. In fact, my friends enjoyed Eden Mayo and Cheese as a dip when we ate french fries. The excellence in quality of the Eden products was also proven in euromonitor.com when the reports shown that the cheese products of Kraft Foods in the Philippines has a value share of 60%. In other words, the revenue of the cheese products of Kraft comprises 60% of the revenues from selling cheese in the Philippines.

Original review: June 15, 2016

I've been buying Kraft Macaroni & Cheese boxed dinner for over 30 years and my family always loved it. However, Kraft has recently made some changes and now it has a label that says: "No artificial preservatives, No artificial flavors and No artificial dyes", which has totally transformed the taste! The taste is now so bland and odd-tasting that nobody in our family could stand to eat more than a couple of spoonfuls last week when I served it with our dinner; and we ended up giving almost all of it to the dog! So I went back to the grocery store this week to buy the original Mac & Cheese formula (thinking I had made a mistake when I made my purchase & had just grabbed the wrong box). Unfortunately, EVERY single box of Kraft Mac & cheese had the same stupid label on it saying "No artificial preservatives, flavors or dyes!"

Out of disgust, I ended up having to buy Great Value Mac & Cheese instead. I'm sure it HAS to better than what Kraft is now offering their customers. I even went on-line and found out that there are SCORES of customers complaining about this new formula, and have vowed never to buy Kraft Mac & Cheese again! I remember years ago when Coca-Cola tried to change the flavor of their Classic Coke and pushed something inferior on to us. It was a HUGE failure and they had to go back to making the original formula. Kraft's new formula is also a HUGE failure, and they need to go back to the original ingredients for the customers who have loved it for decades. If Kraft wants to make an alternative formula for the Health Conscious freaks, then that's fine; but let us have our original Kraft Mac & Cheese ingredients back! If they refuse to do this, then their sales will drop tremendously!

Original review: June 10, 2016

I was searching the aisles of Foodmax for snacks and chocolates that I can bring home to the Philippines to give to my friends and relatives. I chanced upon these Planters chocolate peanut butter brownie mix and bought a few. The packaging really caught my eye -- there were pictures of what the ingredients were and it really looks like it's very tasty and delicious. It is a mix of peanut butter candy covered peanuts, cocoa peanuts, milk chocolate covered brownie flavor bits and peanut butter candy pieces. Yum, right? When I got home, I opened and tasted one right away and knew that I made the right choice. It was superb! I am not a fan of peanut butter but this is an exception. The taste of the peanut butter is not overpowering and you can taste salty, sweet, nutty, chocolatey all at the same time. This is the perfect snack for peanut and chocolate lovers.

Original review: June 9, 2016

Kraft Miracle Whip is a good choice for cooking and dipping. It has just the right level of sweetness and tanginess. Even the kids love it on their sandwiches and for their fries or chips. It's also creamier and tastes fresher than most brands but it's not greasy like the popular ones on TV. As for the price, it's reasonable considering the quality of the product. The only downside is these days it's hard to find in grocery stores in our area and I don't know why. The packaging could also use a little improvement as the plastic container seems inappropriate for a condiment like mayonnaise. Maybe it's just me but I think after sometime, the mayo catches the plastic taste. I'd appreciate it if they could return to using glass jars for this one.

Original review: May 22, 2016

Anything cheese is love. I love cheese and I grew up in a house with people who love Kraft Eden Cheese. Now that I have my own kids, I also use it. I have it in the pantry as a cooking/baking essential, snack fixer, or simply as a guilty pleasure. One of my daughters is loving it, too. Somehow, for her, it is a treat. Its salty and creamy taste leaves a certain flavor that makes you want to have some more. This cheese is good for preparing snacks. It is good for simple sandwiches. It goes well with ham, bacon, perhaps, any kind of meat. It is also perfect for salad. It is very creamy, which is good for cooking.

As a mother who has to cook meals at least three times a day, I can tell, this cheese is very good for cooking some Filipino viands such as the dynamite, adobo, etc. I've tried it with many recipes, and it has been awesome. The price is just right with different variants to choose from. It doesn't smell oh-so-bad (well, cheese is cheese, after all. I guess the more pungent it is, the better). There are other cheese brands that are very good as well, but so far, Kraft Eden cheese is satisfying, and I'm sticking to it for now.

Original review: March 22, 2016

Never buying Velveeta again! The bag is misleading, you don't read it's Mozzarella FLAVOR until after the package is in the garbage, and your meal made out of the product ends up in the garbage. No wonder it was so cheap. I live on a limited income, I use food stamps to have healthy meals that stretch the entire month. I also have digestive disorders and have to be extremely careful of what goes into my body. I was so looking forward to having REAL cheese on my pizza, not this cheese product. I mentioned it to a few of my friends and they had the exact same opinion. Very misleading packaging, very disgusting flavor, ruined food. It even made my stomach sick after trying to eat it. I'm going to start avoiding anything that says KRAFT from here on out if this is what I can expect.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2011

I purchased from Bel Air Market in Sacramento, CA Premium saltine crackers (expired in 09?). My stomach was not feeling well tonight. I opened the cracker box and the first (unopened) package of Premium Saltine crackers and took a bite of one cracker! Awk! After taking a bite - thinking it was just "stale", I swallowed it. Then, I turned the white plastic wrapped sleeve of crackers towards my nose and smelled them and it was very obvious these "plastic tasting" crackers were "tainted" by the plastic wrapper! Gross! It was a disgusting smell and flavor! Now, I hope I haven't been poisoned by the crackers. I noticed another complaint about these crackers and thought I'd share my experience tonight and have not contacted the store, etc. because they apparently were purchased much longer ago than I thought, that or I bought old crackers somehow. The inner flap indicates the following: 57T S-2008053, J-5507560 09/08, Graphic Pkg, Brand Seal - Scan Serial #44000 00057.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2010

I went to purchase a package of mozzarella cheese and noticed that the package read 2 cups, but the contents were minuscule. I looked closer at the package and saw that the ounces stated was only eight (8). Does not 8 oz. make 1 cup, not 2? Is there some new way to measure cheese? Is this a mistake on Kraft's part or false advertisement?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2010

I opened a Capri Sun Water and had a snotty glob of stuff come up the straw. When I opened the pouch, it had a few cloudy white, snotty-looking globs in it. After reading that Kraft does very little to help out (I did email them though), I was hoping you could direct me to a lab that could test this out and see what is in it? I have called a few labs in Vermont and it seems like no one can help. I have also had stomachaches lately and not sure if this is all part of it. My daughter and I drink them all the time. Please advise. Thank you.

Kraft Foods Company Information