2. Miscellaneous

kabam.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

Kabam Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kabam?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kabam?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Their customer service team doesn't care about their customers. They just say "sorry" and won't do anything to support you with bugs, errors or anything. If you buy something and a bug happens due to that, they will just take your money and run with it. I played their game for 15+ months and their customer service is in a steady decline. They are cash greedy and do not find any way to compensate their loyal members.

Why not say sorry with a few gems or gold? Even when you cancel your paid subscription after having a bad customer service experience they will not try to buy you back. They just care about their future paying customers and not their current ones. Did you know it's more expensive to go find new customers than retaining them? Kabam clearly doesn't.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Kabam's game team isn't so terrible. They make a good product and are continually trying to improve it. The community has a high bar so they react to this by largely ignoring them. However, when the collective complaints over common issues rise to a certain peak, they do start listening. All in all, I would say 3-4 stars for game development, missing 1-2 stars because of the ignoring of important issues, forcing the community to organize boycotts before listening. I am going down to overall lower stars of 1-2 stars because of the completely ABYSMAL customer support. It is truly terrible. I have never seen support this bad in my entire life for any company.

Players routinely spend large amounts of money and do not deserve this support, which is helpful maybe a small portion of the time if you have a routine or straightforward fix (still have to wait days for replies though) and 100% unhelpful and frustrating if you don't. They claim their support team is staffed entirely by humans other than the automated reply on first contact, but they are so incredibly robotic and unhelpful and invariably fail to understand your problem that people largely still believe that everything is completely automated.

Given the amount of money people spend on this game, please hire a competent, compassionate team of people to take over support. Have a small group of them manage routine problems such as email changes. They have a very stringent account ownership process which is fine as I understand the reason for security but even I doubt that responses are by humans because every reply is a form/ canned response.

For example, they ask for your first two real money purchases and to check your purchase history for it, but they do not tell you whether to enter the amount the item cost with or without taxes included. They also fail to realize that sometimes if you make multiple purchases on the same day, they may not be listed in your purchase history in the exact order that you bought. And yet, even the slightest misalignment and they will tell you they cannot help you because you got some piece of verification information (they won't say which) wrong. So you end up stuck in a loop, days apart each canned interaction, only to then have your ticket unceremoniously closed with no further recourse for you.

There is no ability to escalate your unique issue to a real person that has a brain with whom you can have a real conversation with. They don't provide this option on purpose. If you try to raise this issue with moderators in the forums because those are actual REAL people, they shut your thread down and redirect you back to the utterly unhelpful 'Support' email link. The whole reason people seek help in the forums is because Support is bad, but yet those mods redirect you back. This is incredibly disappointing. Have some of them manage bugs. People have written in and helped recreate the problem and record it, and their efforts enter a black box without so much as a humanistic thank you for your time. People don't even bother anymore.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I cannot log onto my current, active account. I had this Exact issue months ago and it was handled fairly simply. But not this time. Kabam is demanding a Load of information to "verify" acct ownership. I have done my best to comply. They completely and disrespectfully ignore what I tell them about how this matter was solved before. Obviously I would want to continue my current, Active acct that I have spent time and Money on for 2 years. Again I ask - if my issue could be handled easily before, why not now?

Original review: March 18, 2020

The company’s customer service is beyond worthless. I accidentally made a mistake in game and traded some t4 class catalyst that take months to accrue by being a fraction of an inch off with my finger. I contacted customer service too because they claim that they will correct mistakes like this. I was basically told tough luck and there is nothing they can do to reverse it even though I gave them all the information. It is beyond ridiculous when you spend time and money on a digital platform where mistakes like this could be easily reversed with a few keystrokes. If another business that sold tangible items treated customers like this then they would be out of business fast.

Original review: March 11, 2020

This game is a scam. Are there worse games out there? Yeah there is but this is literally the only game that has really scammed real money out of me. They sold everyone a gifting badge that you had to pay real money to get, it was the only way to get it. Then they took it out of the game and didn’t offer people their real money refunds back. Just a lame in-game units compensation which is complete BS. Because I and along with many others I know wouldn’t have spent real money just for the units in the first place. After the horrible experiences I’ve had with this game I wouldn’t spend $32 for 8,000 units let alone 850.

And here’s how scummy this company is...at first they didn’t even want to give people back the 850 units, they tried only giving back 300 units to everyone and it took a huge uproar from the player community just to get the 850 units back. I will never give this game another penny for the reasons above but also because you can’t trust this company that something you pay for might be taken out of the game at a later date or they might nerf a champ you spent tons of resources on and now that champ sucks. The most untrustworthy company I’ve ever seen or dealt with in my life.

I wrote a whole page of BS in this review before I’ve even got to how bad the game performs functionally now. Game controls will stop working at times in the middle of fights like blocking for one example. It feels like they purposely programmed lag into the game to cheat players because it’s been happening for about 2 years now and still no fix or even acknowledgement of it by Kabam. This game has had the same bugs it had for the past couple years that they always say they fix but when you play the game they obviously haven’t.

They allowed cheating to happen just this last December during the gifting event and didn’t do anything about it til the event was over so they could still make their money off it. And in doing so they cheated the top spending player of the game in the 5 years history of the game and got him to quit. So if they don’t give a dang about cheating the player whose spent more money on this game than anyone in history then they definitely won’t give a dang about cheating the average common player over. Do yourself a favor and stay away from any game operated by Kabam. They can’t be trusted.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I've been playing Marvel Contest of Champions for about four years. It's a relaxing way to take a break during the day and a fun and interesting challenge. The complaints about the game all strike me as silly and overstated. I've never had a problem or bad experience. I've probably spent about $100 on in-app purchases over the last four years, and I've never regretted any of them. The game does a nice job of balancing skill and chance, and updates and new characters every month keep the game entertaining. I really enjoy getting to know the Marvel universe better, working with my alliance, and just playing the game. If you have a healthy attitude about smartphone games, you'll have a great experience with this one. Don't listen to the complainers who bad-mouth Kabam -- they do good work.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Played this game for years. Quit about 9 months ago and enjoy my free time. Creatively, the characters and story lines are great. Ethics wise, the company corrupts the game. A part of their game is called the Arenas. This is where you run fights to gain points. At the end of 3 days, the highest ranked players by points earned can win higher ranked and new characters. Most people agree, 300-350 wins is what is feasible if you didn't sleep much during that time based on how long fights take. There are accounts that can somehow run 700 fights in 3 days. Either they have some kind of mod on the game to have short fights, or they are run by Kabam themselves based on how old these accounts are.

By having these high win totals, it skews the rankings and accounts that don't cheat are left with minimal rewards. This forces players who would like to advance and get a chance at newer characters, a path that requires real dollars to be spent. You need these newer and higher ranked characters to complete the later content in game. Kabam is guilty either way. Either they created the accounts themselves to inflate ranking tiers so no normal human can attain these rewards, or they look the other way when other cheating accounts do it for them. They claim they ban cheating accounts, but simply looking at the top players in each arena will show you the same accounts winning. Look up for video proof on youtube. Marvel should reconsider their licensing deal with this company.

Original review: June 28, 2019

Cash grab company that creates a game, rakes in the dollars, then lease the player base flat with nothing. They have created several games and all that they produce is hype, then as soon as the player base gets hooked and spends money they pull resources out of the game and put them in another game.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I have played MCOC for four years. Kabam has tried a couple times over the years to essentially make game play almost impossible to succeed using skill and instead substitute randomness to make the player dependent on Kabam's random number generator (RNG). Each time this has happened, Kabam has promised over and again they actually care about their players, want input from the community, and aren't trying to screw over players by making game play impossible or nearly impossible to succeed using skill and without spending a ton of money.

However, Kabam isn't even hiding the above intent any more with the new AW map Season 10 and AQ changes. Now, there is nowhere to practice the brand new skills Kabam is forcing the player to develop, and Kabam continues to nerf older champs who did not conform to the money-grabbing scheme of RNG-based game play (see also Magik, Quake, etc). This bait and switch is depressing and simply shows Kabam's blatant disregard for player happiness, player input, or anything other than the almighty dollar. Kabam is now geared toward making those who spend tens of thousands of dollars in game to succeed, while free to play accounts and skill-based play is becoming less and less tenable. Thanks, Kabam, for nothing.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I just spent $30.00 on 5 clean cut Crystals and got 5 2* duplicate champions. This is a RIP off. The only reason I wasted my money is because 2* dups are all I ever get from daily crystal and premium hero Crystals. I faithfully play this game every day and work hard for my money. I trusted Kabam but I now know I was stupid for doing that. They hate their customer and just to farm for money. It shows how they deal with their players. We are nothing to them and they couldn't care less about our complaints because they lose nothing. Even if I uninstall the game they keep my money and find more suckers to take my place. Thanks for nothing Kabam.

Kabam Company Information