1.17/5
  • 1 star
Based on 42 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

43 Kabam Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I'm a huge player in the MCOC world. I've spent tens of thousands of dollars on it. I've been here since the beginning. I play every day; all day long. Here's what you need to know. If you have an addictive personality in any way; stay away. I've read hundreds of reviews to get a feel for the subject matter. There are lots of perspectives and most reviews seem to have plenty of merit. However, realize this; it's a business and they are here to make money. Also, realize you will not jump in and play a few months and be at the top of any leaderboard no matter your skill. This makes sense when you consider I'm not a big spender compared to most elite players. Yes, you can play this game and do very well without spending. I know players who have drawn better heroes than mine and never spent a penny. Find a way to wiggle your way into a good alliance and don't be afraid to leave it if a better one comes along.

Be patient and never count on getting lucky. I've opened hundreds of thousands of crystals. They don't pay out but one in maybe a thousand. Most importantly, learn the game and each hero. It takes time. I read these reviews about how the game is rigged. It is not rigged. If you've ever gone to a casino the smart visitor will understand that the house ALWAYS WINS and you will very seldomly get lucky at anything. But if you put in the time learning first and playing second; you'll find out just how important strategy is in a game like this. You will not constantly face enemies that are too good to beat. In fact you can reliably win every match you play if you learn what the requirements are in each arena. That's why joining an alliance is so important. Find players who know more than you and dog them hard till you learn everything they know. Then go to a better player and do the same.

I could explain every tactic in the game right here, right now but it would take forever and it wouldn't do you much good till you've invested the time and energy getting familiar with all the different areas of the game. Plus Kabam is constantly releasing new content which require new strategy. So if you are a smart person looking for a smart game, maybe this is a good place to invest yourself. But it's not easy in any respect. Yes there are glitches and problems but none of those are deal breakers. You will definitely feel cheated at one time or another but understand this; it's much more likely that the problems you will experience will be a result of a failure in understanding than any failure in the programming or efficacy of the staff. The game team wants you to stay. They do not want to cheat you at anything because if you stay they have a chance at seeing you spend money on their product.

It's a nice place to visit and a great place to play but come for the enjoyment of the experience and leave your expectations at home. I think most people will have a much more enjoyable experience if they decide NEVER to spend a single penny. Just don't start spending because it's a fricken miracle for anyone to quit once they're hooked. I did but it was so damn tough... now it's only birthday and Christmas and I've never been so relieved in my whole life and I've survived CANCER. :)

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

They ripped me off. I bought a blue crystal to get a chance at a 4 star hero. But there are no 4 star hero and only 2 star heroes which are pretty much useless. Why would I pay $7.99 for a 2 star hero? I could just wait for a week until I get enough units to buy a 2 star crystal. If I pay $7.99 they should guarantee a ** 4 star hero and not ** around with my money.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 26, 2017

When I started playing Contest of Champions I was not aware of the perils it presented. Started off with a few small purchases which turned into thousands of dollars. I just had to get that 4 star. I was addicted to opening those damn crystals. I eventually gave my account away, which was rated over 100k. Do not play this game if you have an addictive personality or have a history of gambling addiction.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I thought that I was the only one that became aggressive with Kabam support, glad that's not true. Kabam has a frigging goldmine with this game, they know it, you would think that they would be more grateful to all the players that toss their $ to them, I admit I've spent around $400 total since this game went live. I currently just purchase the Empire forever crystal which costs 1230 shards which I ponied $40 to buy the chips to buy it. I was supposed to get 100 4 star shards each with different potential quantity, I open this crystal and out come a 3 star duplicate of Spiderman which is far from what I was supposed to get.

I'm waiting for Kabam to respond to my alert, they better take care of me. Stay tuned, it's Sat so I'll probably have to wait till Mon to hear anything... Kabam has become greedy, the game is great though I have many ideas how it could be greater. I advise every player to never pay another penny for anything that Kabam puts out. Wow! I think that says it all!!

Original review: May 15, 2017

I've always been a fan of Marvel and DC comics in every aspect, movies, games, you name it and it has been some time since I've been disappointed but Contest of Champions is a scam. Love the game but complete scam. Most recently the Guardian crystal I've opened about 20 since this event. Quest started putting time, effort and a lot of money into this game and it's crap. I've gotten 17 2 star drax and on 3 different crystals it landed on a 3 star starlord and stopped then the game glitches and it's a 2 star. WTF Kabam because with all the money we spend and the countless hours we play we should have way more to show for it and don't get me started on your premium hero crystal, 1000 percent scam. Get your crap together. Keep screwing your loyal gamers and no one is going to play and I'll make sure everyone I know... knows your game is a scam. Back to my previous statement, big fan but I'm done being taken advantage of.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kabam?

Original review: April 25, 2017

I have been playing Marvel contest of champions for over 2 years. A religious and dedicated player... Averaging 4hrs a day, everyday, and all day Sunday, playing... Have spent roughly $500-$700 dollars through the time. One day I try to log and play... Notice I was BANNED. They accuse of cheating during the Alliance War play and match ups. Saying I was using a third party software to manipulate the Alliance War to Win. How can That be when in fact, me and the Alliance I was in LOST our last 4 Alliance wars in a row. That would be the complete opposite of cheating. I visited the corporate headquarters in San Francisco. Told them Of my situation and what happen... They refuse to have an admin come see me. Said that someone will call you ASAP. And we can clarify the situation. Never heard back from them... Sent me a BOT response and that was it. I still have money that I purchase in the game too. I totally got Scam by Kabam.

Original review: April 10, 2017

Playing Marvel Contest of Champions and bought health since you have to spend money to have success on this game. This site glitches a lot and the most recent glitch caused my character to lose 3/4 of its health so the money I spent on health? All gone. And Kabam refuses to replace the lost items. Avoid at all costs. This game and company are a scam.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

Since the last time the game updated the 3sp for my fighter and the fighter I go against don't always have a opponent so no damage is counted. When I parry or try a combination the first plows miss opponents, don't evade, looks like the plow goes thru opponent. Thanks for your help. Still enjoy the game.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

They charge $4.99 for 135 crystals which is not even enough to buy 1 crystal that costs 150, so they force you to basically spend $10 at a time. When you purchase the crystals you get 2 star champs 99.9% of the time which are absolutely worthless in game. You can spin the crystal to supposedly get whatever it lands on but I have landed on 4 star champs and got a 2 star. When I emailed them about this they said it is already predetermined what you get before you even spin which is completely misleading. It's like gambling except you already know you're going to lose. Then they have these arenas to try and win 3-4 star champs that you literally have to play every 2-3 hours for 3 days straight and spend money to try and win something good but you never win anything good. I have never been so disappointed with a game or a company in my life like Kabam. I am honestly looking into suing them atm, so wish me luck!

Original review: July 27, 2016

I am a high level player in a high level alliance. I have spent $1000's of dollars only because I really enjoyed playing this game (past tense). Now they have "reinvented" mastery bonuses and synergies only to their benefit. The outcome of this is for the player to spend even more money than they had to in the past just to be marginally the same level they were before the reinvention of the game. Now the game is mostly unplayable because of the unfair advantage the AI has now. Anyone knew who starred in the game will have a hard time getting to any meaningful level without spending hundreds of dollars. What used to be fun is now just a money pit. In my opinion, Kabam is an unscrupulous company at best.

Original review: July 19, 2016

This company are scam artists. They don't care about their customers. They want to do is rip people off especially Marvel Contest of Champions. They make this game not playable. Sometime you buy crystals when new character come out and all you get are worthless 2* star character. They put a limit on potions so when people run out use their units so we can spent more money to buy units. Now they're making changes to mastery and synergy so people have a hard time playing so that mean put more money in the game.

Original review: June 11, 2016

Kabam makes their games nearly impossible to compete in and progress. They "match" you with opponents that are way too powerful for you to even get into the game, defend yourself and fight. They require you to spend a lot of money to play the game without any real success, and give you very little in return. I was a huge fan of Marvel Contest of Champions, but it is no longer even enjoyable to play. I feel like all they really want is the money. They don't actually care about the experience of playing the game. It is supposed to be fun, after all.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2016

The Kabam company is nothing but a bunch of con artists and they should be put out of business. I have spent hundreds of dollars on marvel contest of champions and the game is a ripoff. There is nothing but problems with the game. Every time I updated the game it has more problems and from what I've read on this site they don't care about their customers at all.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

I play the game marvel contest of champions and the game has been getting progressively worse and worse. I can understand spending some money on the game but it seriously makes you spend 100's of dollars and literally all day and night everyday playing to be even remotely competitive or enjoyable and when you contact them about it they send you email back saying we listen to all feedback and never change! I would not recommend any of these games to anyone just wanted to make everyone aware this company has terrible customer service and only thinks of themselves and not their customer base and is extremely greedy!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

I can't access the game at all anymore, still waiting for the 3x pro crate cars that you haven't given me or compensated for. Shall be deleting the game as well as the crew and downloading Need for Speed no limits.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2015

No matter how hard I tried or how many top upgraded cars I had I repeatedly lost in the ladder race time and time again. Kabam servers which are rigged put lower and higher ranked cars in against me and I lost all the time. For example I had a Lykan hypersports class A PI 1,600 which lost to a Subaru brz of lowest class E and much lower PI. It didn't matter how many top cars I raced with. I lost every race. Sometimes cars of a 2 PI better than mine beat me. What did I ever do to these thieves? All they want is people to spend and spend on the game and they just don't want some to gain anything from it like they are giving out real money. They are really dumb and stupid.

My mustang GT B class lost to a Honda Civic E class and I realized that these people just don't want me to win anything. They are maybe using tactics to make people, by not allowing people to win gold and credits to spend, to make people spend real money so ultimately they make a profit. This is an unfair game like all their games. They are greedy bastards. And stupid. Kabam are dumb.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

This week I fought hard put in many hours to avoid paying these thieves more than I already have. I HAVE LEARNED TO TAKE SCREENSHOTS OF EVERYTHING, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING!!! It takes me twice as long to get anything done but if you do not have screenshots they will just immediately close your ticket. I'm not a time traveler so I can't go back and get screenshots after an error occurs. This week a piece of gear I won did not show up in my inventory and a piece of gear I had spent much leveling up was reset to its original condition because I got a duplicate of it as it was in its original state.

Last issue I had with Kabam they suddenly were unable to get email from me so I had to create a second Gmail account. Once I had done that supposedly they were not getting screenshots. They advised me to put the pictures on a cloud site - I did. I was then told they would not access any cloud drive I had created. After 3 weeks I finally got them to acknowledge previous problem, it took another 2 weeks for them to put back into my account what was owed me. They kept saying all I had to do was login and merge backups - I has done that before. It's a prompt, you simply click "yes". However the prompt would not appear for another 2 weeks of complaining to a specific Roger W TIER 2 and putting that in the subject line each time eventually got things done.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2015

Many issues with Kabam. Many people are angry about this company and its staff. Spending is not a good option with these robbers. I've been charged so many times without even buying something from them. When I bought I got something else and when I complained about it they closed my cases. All tickets get closed because they have nothing to say or they don't like to deal with us, people. We are angry and upset for our hard worked money and we want our money back but because Google is with them we can't get any help from anyone. We would like our money back because when you go shopping and you don't like something you try to get your money back but with Kabam this is not possible. Really annoying this company.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2015

I am writing this here because if you criticize Kabam in the game or in their forums they ban you. Their games are extremely expensive to compete. A player is expected to spend at least $20 per week. The coding is amateurish at best. Every update introduces more bugs than It solves. When you contact customer support they are rude and condescending. If you post the customer support response in their community forums it is deleted. I can only assume they need to hide their pathetic responses to their customers. I have tried to work with them for a year and a half. An obvious coding mistake cost me $240 of progress. It would be simple for Kabam to fix it or refund my money. They have chosen to deny the problem.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

Yet again Kabam drops lower than I thought possible. An alliance friend of mine has been receiving racist abuse via global chat for months on end, obviously he retaliated with some choice words (nothing that I haven't seen others write). Now he has been banned for a 5 years!! Yet the players giving out the racist abuse are still playing...I don't think I need to say anymore.

Original review: June 28, 2015

Care so little for their customers, just want your bucks, mess you around all the time, don't give you what you paid for. Will be in European courts before they can say 'did you get a screen capture of that'. Do not spend money with these cowboys.

Original review: June 24, 2015

After reviewing my bank statement I found several chargers from this site paying people to play a game which not authorized on my account... Did a little research and found that this happens often. Well you have gotten the last approx. $300.00 out of my account because I have reported your so-called business to the consumer report for fraud.

Original review: June 2, 2015
Kabam is a company quick to take your money in game. But when it comes to support to its players, there is none. On 25/6/2015 their game "Ravenmarch" became non-responsive after an update. Players on Facebook couldn't log into game anymore. We send reports in forums, as their support link take you to 37games support page. 37games denies having anything to do with "Ravenmarch". Kabam yet to answer anyone on the problem. All these players spend thousands of dollars on the game, and are now stranded without knowing what to do. We hit a brick wall, and have given up hope that this issue will be resolved.

My advise is to stay away from any Kabam games.

Original review: May 29, 2015

Was glitched for 100 billion might, showed them screenshots and battle report numbers. And they have even admitted to me in a email that their game has this issue of showing my lvl 10 elevated defense knight with all the top gear and forged to lvl 12 was unmarshalled by a lvl 8 knight with no armor. Sent them over 100 emails to get no to little acknowledgments. I sent thousands of dollars (yes I am a idiot for doing so) google play where you get this app from is in bed with these crooks, Google is getting their kick backs so they will not help anyone. I am so angry that when this country falls I will be there waiting outside Kabam corporate office to give them a taste of Texas justice. DO NOT USE GOOGLE OR ANY APPS FROM KABAM!

Original review: April 15, 2015

This software/game company has violated its own end-user license agreements by changing programming in games post-download with required updates. They have ignored emails and requests for information.

Original review: April 14, 2015

I have been playing the Hobbit since January 2014. I have spent A LOT of money on Mithril just to get cheated out of what I paid money for. I have reported this to Kabam who always say that they found no error. When lake towns were created everyone in my alliance got theirs and I did not get mine. I reported this to Kabam and all they said was "Oops sorry. But you can buy it now"! I keep unleashing might from prizes but my might counter keeps showing the same number. I have reported this as well and have not received a reply about that. I also keep losing things out of my inventory and I have not used them. I think Kabam is ripping people off and since a lot of kids play they figure that they won't notice. I'm not a kid so I DO NOTICE!

Original review: March 9, 2015

I play Pirates Tides of Fortune and over the past few months I have found when I log-in to game, that my troops that were safely in harbor were mysteriously taken out and players raided and killed them for XP and PvP points. To replace these troops would take weeks or buy rubies with your credit card to get them out of the infirmary. It's obvious that the game is either hacked or game employees are playing the game or assisting friends by bypassing protocols in the programming and accessing accounts and manipulating same.

Original review: March 4, 2015

I've been playing Kabams Hunger games, panem rising since November. Recently I played 4 different stadiums and didn't receive rewards. One of which I spent a lot of time and tickets on. I contacted Kabam and someone named ** replied, and said that I would receive compensation for my troubles (I never got) and my complaint would be investigated. He/she (**??) also asked me to use discretion. Makes you wonder why they want us to be discrete?

Four days pass, nothing! I reply to the email twice asking questions. Still, nothing!! Yesterday, I sent a whole new complaint. Only to be told that my complaint is a duplicate and I need to reply to the original email. Funny, I did that. Long story short, I won't continue to waste my time on this game or any other Kabam game!! I honestly don't know how they expect to keep people playing their games when they obviously don't care about any of those people. I'm not the only one that has had problems with Kabam support for this game. Truly disgusted!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

I never received a response on missing balance that disappeared (50). Or about losing my benefits for once a day dungeon at least four times in two weeks. Now leveling up clothes, I couldn't use my luck charm afterwards. I hear that clothes have to be the same to use charm but the evidence on where that states is not clear. I've now lost all the extra clothes. I put money into this game and many others buy your company. Please rectify something here please, for this just isn't right. I play on wartune server 36 US East game name **.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2015

I've been playing the Kabam Hobbit Kingdoms of Middle earth since 2014. At first it was a lot of fun. I met some great people in my alliance and I'm actually still playing but at this point I refuse to purchase from them. I discovered after buying several chests and purchasing tokens that I would check in my items list and notice things were missing. At first it was just a few things. Then it started with huge amounts of might that I won not showing up. Of course I put in a trouble ticket and they would say they never showed I won or purchased any of these things.

What really troubles me is the younger kids that are playing and spending huge amounts of money to try and win chests and items. There has to be some sort of law to enforce online gambling geared towards kids. And this is exactly what Kabam is doing. Can you imagine a casino allowing a child to walk out on the floor and start throwing money around. This is literally happening in these games. I think it's time for the Better Business bureau to be alerted concerning this and if several hundred or more complaints were sent in it will get noticed and Kabam will no other choice than to change their ways and their online policies. I can see a CNN special eventually happening with these online games.

Kabam Company Information