1.16/5

99 EA Games Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

I've attempted purchasing Sims 4 at least 10 times and it has given me the same ** error code. I used 4 different credit cards so clearly there was nothing wrong with the card I used, and something wrong with EA itself. I called customer service yesterday and someone told me what I thought to be was the solution to the problem, which was not. He said I could get a partial refund (because it was Cyber Monday and they forced me to wait 24 hours, which would be when the cost is 60 dollars, until I can try purchasing again).

So I call back after 24 hours and the call drops. I call again, the call drops. I call again, the call drops. It's an endless and pointless cycle, and not to mention that they didn't help me in the slightest. I ended up calling 5 times. Now I try to call again, at least one more time before I lose my cool, and for some reason the call option completely disappeared! So first you forbid me from purchasing a game and then you refuse to let me contact you? Pathetic. Stupid. Dumb. What a waste of my time for a dumbass game.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

I have been playing the Madden series for years (since 2008). And every year I see the signs of "game fixing" and deliberate deception on the part of EA Games to influence gamers to buy in game merchandise or (packs) to improve the chance of competing at the highest level. But the game is designed to level the playing field between opponents and even negates some of the player (in game) attributes to an unfair advantage offsetting any benefit gained through the purchase of (packs). And the packs themself only give you a "chance" at a better player or elite (rare player card). It is well-known that much like FAN DUEL and DRAFT KINGS the Developers at EA play the game as well as those on social media that get access to the best cards first. The whole setup is designed to keep you constantly influenced to upgrade your team though purchases while giving only slight opportunity to win, therefore defrauding the public.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

EA Electronics Inc. refused to make me a brand new account since somebody else (probably some kind of hacker) is using the original account. I have purchased in July 2015 several Battlefield 4 products. On July 15, 2015 I have bought Battlefield for $20.99 CAN (order # **). On 07-20-2015, I did buy Battlefield 4 Premium membership (order #**) for $41.99 CAN and also Battlefield 4 Weapon Shortcuts (order #**) for $15.74 CAN. On 07-25-2015, I bought Battlefield 4 Ultimate Shortcuts (order #**) for $41.99 CAN.

I have play very little but when it came to play more I have find out that I was banned from some servers I like to play on. EA technical support staff has refused to create another account and transfer all softwares that I have bought into the new account. EA states that I can play on other servers but I told them I don't play on other servers except the one I will like to play on, after all I am a customer that has the choice to choose which servers I want to play but they refused again my request even answering all securities verification correctly.

After having lots of trouble with them, I told them that I will like a complete refund of all Battlefield 4 products which again they have denied my request specifying that I can play on other servers and also refused to escalate, upon my request, to higher level of escalation. EA have shown me that after you buy their products, they really don't care and are truly sarcastic with you over the phone...

Consumer's Desired Resolution. I will like to have a brand Battlefield 4 account with more security measure to prevent this issue to happen again and to transfer all softwares that I have bought from the original account to the new account of course all this with increase security measure... Otherwise, I would like to have a complete refund of Battlefield 4 products that I have purchased in July 2015 but again EA refused to cooperate to my request.

Additional information. EA states that I can change security verification in my original account to prevent any more use of my account by a unknown user as per EA case #**. I have explain to EA technical support that I have contacted those servers that I was banned from for unknown reasons and they told me that it's my account that was banned not the username... Those servers are private and they banned the account even if the user do those changes. Can you help me please because there is no way to find out the EA president phone number?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2015

After defeating the TOTW 6 solo challenge, I never received the TOTW 6 collectible. Instead, the game gave me a "QUICK SELL ITEM" (WTF IS THAT?). The collectible is needed for the TOTW 6 Set. I had already bought the other items needed for the set and received one in a pack. I had already spent over 300,000 coins. To start off, EA seems to have done away with connecting with consumers by phone. They only do "live chats" and "emails". The first 4 times, I chose the chat option only to have been waiting over an hour to connect to an online advisor. After an hour I just gave up (this is what they want).

The following day I chose the email option and received a reply a day later. I informed the game advisor (advisor located outside of the U.S.) of what happened and he didn't seem to understand fully what i was trying to say. Once he finally understood, he said the matter would be escalated up to some specialized team and I would be contacted later, but no timetable on when this would be resolved.

Since playing the game this year I have had many situations like this and have called them to complain. So I'm sure at this point they have labeled me a troublemaker because of so many complaints I have made. I don't get the impression the EA cares about putting out a decent product and I really don't think they care a lot about the money consumers lose in playing this game. I have a theory in the foreseeable future, Madden will be in the news and the topic will be its effect on young kids. If you're also an adult, and familiar with the game mode, you know what I'm talking about.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

I bought the Sims 3 with the pets from a thrift store and it didn't have the code. So I contact them and they said they cannot help me because I got it from a third party.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about EA Sports?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2015

I have The Sims 3 and a bunch of expansion packs. Everything was fine until I updated (as required). Now my game doesn't work at all. How does that make sense? On top of that, if I erase everything and reload the game, it works. But as soon as I update, it stops working. I think EA games is using their updates to sabotage The Sims 3 to force people to buy The Sims 4, which is crap. I HATE EA Games!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2015

My computer had to be reformatted so I lost everything on it. I went to get Origin on my computer and I tried to log in and it asked for a security code from a phone number. I didn't recognize the phone number or ever having to do it before and I had origin on other computers before and I never asked before. I went to their help/contact us page and filled out all the information I could. Then here comes the fun part, it asked me to log in and I couldn't because of the security code issue. I tried calling the support number, but that was a horrible experience too. They never called me back or even picked up. I waited for 10+ hours. I have spent more than $500 on Origin and if I can't get into it I want all my money back. This service has really gone down the hole.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2015

Dead Space mobile phone game - Purchased this title from the video game developing giant EA. Turns out there are literally no way of contacting the company for a resolution to this issue, let alone a refund. This game will not boot up. All I get is a 5003 server error code with a link to the company's website that filters me out from going any further because this product is not on this list to choose in order to establish contact with a rep or anything useful.

It turns out that this problem is not related to only this game title. I have done some research and found it is common to most of their mobile gaming titles. Worse yet it is an ongoing problem thousands of paying customers have been trying to resolve since at least Aug 2013! It is clear that the company has no interest in resolving this well known issue, yet they (EA Corp) continues to sell the product knowing there is a huge issue and knowing that there is no course of action that their consumers can take since they can't even be reached over this product, let alone offer a refund. This issue has affect hundreds if not thousands of customers. Clearly this company has no moral oversight of their own.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2015

I impulsively downloaded The Sims 4 one night -- this was probably my first mistake. I own The Sims 3 and enjoy it thoroughly, so I decided to return The Sims 4 less than two hours after downloading it. I was very prompt and EA responded swiftly, providing a case number and access key to view the case, etc. It didn't seem like too much of a hassle: $40 back into my bank account within 5-10 business days, and I'd be on my way. 12 days later and no refund in sight, I decided I'd contact them again. I chatted with someone on their website via my phone, which eventually crashed, but the person I chatted with -- Andrea -- identified the issue (my refund "got stuck" :( was what she told me) and that they'd have a "specialist" look at it and try to refund it manually. "You should have it back on the account soon enough."

I spoke with a second individual minutes later, who informed me that to perform the manual refund, I had to provide my unique transaction ID from PayPal. I did so. Perhaps I'm just an impatient person, but as of today, 9 days after THAT interaction and a total of 21 days after my initial request, no refund. I contacted them via chat again (which, as it seems, only works for me if I try chatting on my phone; the website says the wait is under 5 minutes, but I waited an hour and a half on my desktop with no associate connecting with me... so I went mobile once again) and was told this by Shueb: "I just checked your case and found that it is already escalated to the specialist team and they will manually refund the money back in your account. It may take another couple days."

I'm sure EA is busy with many refunds that require the attention of all employed "specialists." I, just like anyone else, have to wait in line for my turn to come. It is just very frustrating for me to have had to prod the people at EA several times for a refund that shouldn't have taken this long, especially when it took me a fractional amount of time I spent with the game in question (as I previously stated, the time was no time at all: <2 hours) -- as one who works in customer service, I know very well that impatient people like myself exist and so I am trying harder to be patient. I just hope that my money returns to me before my case hits the one-month mark. On the flip side, an associate so kindly provided me a 15% off coupon, which expires three days from today and "cannot be used to purchase virtual currency, placing pre-orders, third party games, already on sale items and games released within last 30 days." Yay!

Original review: July 31, 2015

Your game is **. Sort out your old games before new ones come out as there is a problem - nearly a problem every week. It's stupid. Plus FIFA point are daylight robbery. You spend ** load in hope of a good player and you never get one. EA are just money grabbing ** and all they care is about the money. They bring games out that are not fully working just to get games out on the market. It's **. I will never pay for another EA game again.

Original review: July 25, 2015

Right now I've been waiting all day to speak to someone, or I should say TYPE to someone, about the fraudulent charges they put on my credit card. If you manage to find their phone number, it's just a recording that tells you to go online and chat, and then it hangs up on you. If you go to the chat it says it will be 5 minutes, but I've been waiting literally for hours to find out what is going on. They are selfish and horrible with customer service. I remember ages ago when I played The Sims, they expected users to create content for their game, AND host the files at tremendous cost, and not make a cent for how popular these creators made the game. They were forbidden to charge and make a profit. Just repulsive.

Original review: July 15, 2015

Buggy, crashing constantly. Origin has an absolutely dysfunctional feature which erases files via cloud sync. Imagine world building over countless hours, 4 files each averaging about 180 hours each. Imagine losing them permanently, desperately attempting to restore them. Upon asking for assistance being told that help is "unavailable" constantly, day after day. Online forums provided no solution either, as community managers wouldn't fix any issue more complex than tying their shoes. Obviously, file restoration is out of the question. It's disappointing to put your trust in the assistance of a company, and then be left out in the cold as they can't even fix a problem they started.

Original review: June 16, 2015

I've been playing games from this company since I was a child. Anyways I've been noticing every year how each game has even more micro transactions and how we have to pay for most online games after paying the ridiculous price of 59.99$. I hope this company burns in hell.

Original review: June 1, 2015

The service from EA was terrible. The team does not care about the customers, but only care about the money they receive. Will not go back to them again!

Original review: May 30, 2015

I have steam, and origin. Many games on steam, and state of the art PC with graphics equal to PS4 ($350 graphics card from newegg.com). All games on steam, including Call of Duty Ghosts, plays perfectly, never even a freeze. ORIGIN - opposite. Constantly the game will not start, then a full uninstall, clean registries with Windows cleaner, reinstall from scratch, won't play on line but can force it to offline. Then later for no reason, works on line. Next time, it does not. My kids loved this game, but ended up playing it very little. I was ripped off. Do not buy ORIGIN products. Their company is over-run with fakes and incompetent senior management. This is not their programmers people, they are super smart and want to take it to perfection. These issues are their programmers being forced to take shortcuts by managers above them that are pretending to know what they are talking about. Bad dysfunctional company.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2015

The online buying process I've ever been through. I've gotten through airports easier. The online support staff is nice enough but not qualified to fix problems. This company needs to be bought out but someone that knows technology.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2015

Recently my EA account was hacked and all my fifa 15 coins and players were stolen. Naturally the first thing I did was attempt to call EA but only found out that they don't have a number. I emailed them through their website and it took them two ** days to get back to me. When they did they credited my account with 50,000 coins. With the coins I lost and the players that were stolen the value of all of that was easily three to four million coins and EA completely ** me over. The service was extremely horrible and I will never play another EA game again. I would also recommend that any of you who have read this never play any EA games. ** YOU EA.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2015

For Fifa 16, it would be nice if EA sports would include legends into PS4 and PS3. I am disappointed that legends are only for Xbox1 and Xbox360. Other people are probably upset too.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2015

Bought a game from ea origin and was removed. Partly my fault when I got in contact. I told Origin to merge my two accounts which they said it wasn't a problem. Well hell broke loose after when I lost games from one account and my holidays gone to ruin as I'm still trying to get in touch with them and waiting time is 25 to 30 min.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2014

The Sims 3 Island Paradise expansion has still not been fixed. Major freezing issues due to Sim pathing problems, because of the way that houseboats and households were designed on the Isla Paradiso world. I've looked up solutions to the problems and the only viable option currently is to evict several families from their houses and to delete the actual houses. I didn't pay for this expansion to have a faulty world which is only playable if I delete lots of objects inside it. I expect to be able to PLAY what I paid for. With the amount of freezing it is completely unplayable.

Sim community members even created an Isla Paradiso fixed world version where they rearranged objects and changed walls in houses so that pathing issues don't occur. They're doing your job but you are still responsible for fixing this. EA stop sitting on your rears. We want a patch which fixes this world! I'm no longer purchasing any games from EA until you people fix this problem. The Sims 4 is riddled with bugs and lacks content anyways. No reason for me to purchase it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2014

So, I buy Island Paradise because it looks totally stunning. I play it and start a new game in Isla Paridiso. Lag, lag lag. I open up a different neighborhood just to check if it is my computer or the neighborhood - the other town runs completely fine. It was the game - not my laptop. Months later, even after sims 4 is out it still has not been fixed. It is shocking! A large company like this not creating a properly functioning game. I have seen MANY posts about it on the Sims forums but of course no one ever reads them now because of Sims 4. It is not acceptable.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2014

Sims freeplay - I have purchased life points twice now and have not received them on my game although I have paid for them. I am not very pleased as I feel I have wasted 4 pounds and as yet I have not got the life points. This is not acceptable as I expect to get something when my money has been taken for these items.

Original review: June 21, 2014

I have paid and bought what they call donuts for this Simpsons tapped out game, but now I can use or play because the game crashes and I haven't been able to receive the help to resolve this issue.

Original review: June 1, 2014

I purchased a new laptop to use for gaming and have loaded my copy of Crysis 2 that I originally paid $59.99 + tax some time ago. I have loaded it on several of my computers and now can no longer load it on any other computer, including my new gaming laptop. Evidently, I have exceeded the activation limit. Really? I paid $59.99 + tax to rent this game? EA won't let me use what I have paid for to use freely? I got on their very user unfriendly website and cannot send tech support a complaint because their website hangs up. I have 5 EA Games that I suspect will also give me the same problem - I'll never buy (rent!) another EA product.

Original review: May 2, 2014

I first bought games from the EA origin game manager last year coz they slashed the prices off of The Sims 3, which I love so much the Sims franchise since I was in college and got quite addicted to it. LOL. Coz you can build houses and ** in there and control Sims like you're god (or goddess if you're into stuff like that) and make them have 10 or more babies using cheats and make them fab rich and adapt kids like Brangelina. You can choose the gender and age of the kid but not the race (but you can return the adapted kids if you don't like em, sort of, you just revert to an earlier save wahahaha!) And you can even get alien impregnated. I mean, who wouldn't want to play a game like that??

So, anyway I bought it on sale, got a big discount, paid it through Paypal but wouldn't let me download and install the game through TS3 website. Has to be on origin, the EA game client. I downloaded and installed the client and it asked me for my location and I don't remember if Philippines was in the options but if it was, I would have chosen it (duh??!). The game worked fine. Here's my problem, though. The next time EA origin went on sale, I decided I'mma try Dragon Age II by Bioware Tech. First Dragon Age called Dragon Age Origins was game of the year and the second they say sucked big time but it's on sale, people!!! It's originally $25 and now it's just 9.90. I bought it again through Paypal. I loved it and OMG, I just had to buy the first one, the Dragon Age Origins which wasn't on sale but it's the ultimate edition for 28.70 USD. So I said, "what the heck, I'm buying it."

So as I was on checkout, I could still clearly see it was for 28.70 USD, but when it got to paypal, IT ** TURNED TO ** $34.90!!!! A 10 DOLLAR INCREASE!!! I said "Wait a minute, kapeng mainit??! bakit??!!" So I went back from the paypal page into the origin client, again it says 28.70 USD still, but when I checkout to pay again it says 34.90. :( And then I noticed something, it actually says 34.90 SGD. THEY ADJUSTED THE PRICE TO SINGAPOREAN DOLLARS WHEN THEY CHARGED ME. FINE WITH US DOLLARS THE FIRST TIME AROUND AND MY PAYPAL ACCT IS IN US DOLLARS, NOT PESOS OR SINGAPOREAN DOLLARS, IT'S IN USD!!! My location is the Philippines. I don't see why they felt it important to charge me in SGD!!! When they charged me USD two friggin' times already!!!

You can see it in the pic, it also shows the exchange rate from 1USD=1.21602 SGD. But why would they change USD to SGD to pay for a game. I'm gonna pay in USD anyway. I know it's convenient for gamers from Singapore [hello, hardcore Asian brothers!!!! :)] And the price is still the same anyway if you convert it, but the change in currency totally surprised me. I almost backed out of buying it!!! I bought it the next day because I was so upset the day I realized origin didn't want to sell me a game in USD, it has to be SGD, which confuses me because why take my $90 USD for all the Sims 3 ** I bought and my $9.90 USD for Dragon Age II and then suddenly give me a heart attack with this ** surprise, huh? Why?

And that's not the end of it. I thought I'd buy another game online after six months since last purchase and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning seemed like an underrated RPG so I said, "**, I'mma buy that." It's available in origin because EA Games is the publisher but it's also available in Steam. I tried the demo first which is good for 48 hours and used origin for it and I decided I like the game. I will buy it but this time I didn't want a heart attack. So I went to check out Amalur on Steam first and whaddyaknow??! it's in USD!!! And for same price!!! So I said maybe Steam will not go surprise ** on checkout so I installed the Steam game client and bought the game there and it went through Paypal. A-okay without surprises. Suck it, Origin!!!

Then I saw I could have bought Dragon Age on Steam too, but I didn't know that before and Steam has more sales and discounts than EA origin so next time I'll go through Steam. I also learned something very important about the difference between the 2. EA Origin says it saves games in the cloud and automatically syncs, which is great because I have my EA games installed on my desktop and my laptop. Steam says it syncs games in the cloud too, which is also great. Now here's what I found out. I recently had to reformat my laptop (long story, involves my sister's stupid flash drive and TEN ** malware) but problem is it's been so long since my last backup, so can't do system restore. Has to be reformat because it messed up with my WiFi connection so badly. I have many saved games but I'm not worried coz, hey, they said cloud saved.

I got my techie nephew reformat the crap out of this Lenovo (great laptop for the price, btw) and when I got home, I was soooo excited to install the Origin client and the Steam so I can download my purchased games and relax in my free time. I opened my Steam games thinking the worst (if you're from the Philippines, you just expect the worst so you don't get disappointed too much when something bad actually happens), but no the last saved game and autosaved game were cloud saved and synced after all, oh yes, oh yes. I get to my Origin client and checked my Dragon Age 2 game and WHADDYAKNOW??!!! ALL MY SAVED GAMES ARE GONE!!! WALA NA!!! G-O-N-E!!!

They say they cloud save, I say don't believe it! Back the ** up when you play EA Games using Origin. Even if they say they save in the cloud because they won't save your games in the cloud!!! I'm always WiFi connected when I play so I know my games oughta be cloud saved and synced but no, only Steam got the cloud saving right. Bad, bad, bad origin, you liar! you're a liar! That's 60 hours of my life in Dragon Age II and 90 hrs in Dragon Age Origins and oh, my god, more than 300 hours in The Sims 3 since last year. I wanna cry. I have 3 families in there and many houses already and now they're all gone. :( Lesson learned. Don't trust Origin's cloud saving and save all your local game saves in a separate drive and back the ** up. :(

I think I just lost interest in playing. I loved the games but seriously I didn't plan on playing it again unless I'm bored out of my wits and now I think even if I was bored out of my wits, I wouldn't touch my Origin games ever again. I will still use it but only because Dragon Age: Inquisition is coming out this year and I'm not sure Steam will carry it. Maybe it's going to be EA Origin exclusive. :(

Original review: March 28, 2014

First, the "single player" game option does not score correctly. If I finish using all my tiles, I do NOT always get the sum total of remaining tile points in the other player's (CPU1, CPU2, or CPU3) hands. Who gets the points seems completely random. Second, when I tried to contact EA about this issue, they are IMPOSSIBLE to contact - no direct way from their website and they provide zero company information (like an address). Even when I follow their links to another site and create an account, I still cannot get a query made to them.

Original review: April 15, 2013

I have spent hundreds of dollars on a Facebook game called Pet Society and EA is now shutting it down. The real theft is the sales and promotions used to get people to put money into the game just days before announcing they are shutting it down.

Original review: April 15, 2013

They have a cash sale the day before they announced they are closing down. Someone said it is fraud. In my country, this would be subjected to criminal investigation! And we spent so much money. If EA is going to close Pet Society, at least refund the remaining amount!

Original review: April 5, 2013

I purchased a slightly older version of SimCity (2007) which nowhere on the website did it indicate that it would not run on Windows 8 machines. In fact, EA claims none of their products will although I have several games from them that do. I have been unable to install the product on my machine partly because I cannot update it due to the patch being unable to download from their own website. EA claims that because I downloaded the product from them instead of buying a disc, I cannot return it for refund or credit. I would gladly accept SimPoints for The Sims or a credit towards another game, but they are insisting they can do nothing for me. Instead they are trying to route me to another provider rather than try to give me a workable solution from their own site.

In fact, one support tech insisted I was trying to install The Sims and wasted a full hour of my time! I have The Sims plus at least 8 extensions installed plus the most recent SimCity and other games. There is no reason this will not run if EA's links will work properly. An EA rep confirmed the links are down. The value is under $20 but if they keep doing this, they rake in millions!

Original review: April 1, 2013

What happened is I paid $92 for SimCity. I ordered it and couldn't play. It took almost a week to be able to play anything. Then played with so many bugs and errors that after 150 hours, which was really 10 15 hours of actual playing the game and not having to restart or reload what they call processing error. I dealt with customer service for over 20 hours. The longest spurt being 4 hours long to be told the game was corrupted and I would have to do everything again. They also told me others have experienced the same thing but would not refund.

I have been asking for refund since day 1, but they keep telling me to hang on to the patch to fix my problem or they won’t refund me. They claim the game works and it doesn't - I'm proof. What would my legal complaint be if I wanted to make one? I feel defrauded. I no longer want to play the game because I know that the game will just have glitch or break and be all a waste of time again. I truly believe I have a case here, but you have to get every single detail to understand that they really did sell me a broken game.

EA Games Company Information