3.05/5

102 EA Games Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My son loaded the new game without me, set it up wrong, told them his true age, and now can't play multi player. I asked the company to give me back the code, and they refused. Essentially stole my money. So, yes, my son has learned an expensive lesson.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

My 10 yo son just bought this game and tried to play it. He called me in to help. After reading all the social media messages the PS4 (settings for online play) I figured out that this game can only be played online with a paid subscription! The game box displays a tiny box listing this. It is totally misleading and deceptive considering the size and location of the warning and above all their target audience. EA Games you suck! I will make sure to never give you another cent and to make it my job to get to anyone else I meet.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I had my account stolen a few years back. I got it back myself WITH NO HELP FROM EA! Problem was everything was in another language and because I didn't know how to navigate Origin by heart it was useless to me. After a lengthy and angry phone call it was "returned" to me again in English. I had to change the email AND password as well as set up 2 step verification. Now over the past year (2018-2019) alone I've received countless attempts to access my account via 2 step verification. The first couple times I changed my password. After a while, with it happening almost weekly, I figured why bother if they can't get in without the code on my phone?

Almost 6 months of this consecutively happening back to back and EA did what? Nothing. Not even a notification someone was attempting it. Finally after years of avoiding it because I HATE ORIGIN; I decide to buy DA: Inquisition on PC and literally THE NEXT DAY I get locked out of my account and told they've changed my password due to suspicious activity. I contact them and they claim they don't see anything wrong on my profile. I can't log in. None of my prior passwords work. Yet there was nothing wrong with my account that I've been using at the same IP and same address FOR OVER A YEAR NOW. I am sick of changing my password! If their own system sees me as a threat to my account, but not the people actually attempting to steal it again how safe is my info?!

GAME COMPANIES NEED TO STOP THE GREEDY BS AND JUST GO BACK TO STEAM! Everyone is coming out with their own launcher and EA's IS THE WORST! They have nowhere near enough games to support or warrant their own launcher. They're a greedy failing company who can't even get this one thing right. If you have the option avoid ORIGIN all together. I know it's a graphical difference, but my god at least you don't have to directly deal with their BS just to get to your game. A game that might lock you out because EA sees it's customers handing them money as a threat to the customer. At this point it might as well be!

Short Game review: I loved DAI, but it was and STILL IS a buggy mess. I had to download a mod to complete certain missions because there has been 0 updates to fix the issues. Issues that everyone is aware of. It's not hard EA. Stop trying to push out games in a desperate attempt to stay alive and relevant and fix what you and BioWare already control. That is how you regain customers. Not pushing out worse and worse versions of games on a launcher NO ONE WANTED!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I spent 1 hour and 44 minutes on a call, due to an issue the agent admitted was EA's fault, during that hour and 44 minutes, the agent failed to solve a single one of my issues. The agent refused to provide me with information regarding legal issues or contact details, the agent refused to provide me with contact information for a European team, the agent refused to provide me with a more senior member of staff than just his shift supervisor, the agent refused to help with a SINGLE one of my issues, shouted at me multiple times, interrupted me constantly, left constant dead air on the call, then got annoyed at me and hung up the call.

I then contacted a chat agent (as the only option to contact EA at all seems to be support centers in India), who did the exact same thing, he refused to help or answer any of my questions, then told me to "check the EA help section" and immediately ended the chat. This due to me not having received the goods I paid for, digital content, even though they instantly took the money, it took 2 hours to receive the goods along with an hour and 44 minute call, with no help and they outright refused to compensate me, even with the FEE FOR THEM TO PROVIDE currency which I had spent my money on already. Absolutely the worst customer service experience I have ever had. There's no contact option on Twitter, Facebook or Reddit, they've turned off any contact options other than the ones that bring you to Indian call centers. No wonder they were voted worst company ever. Disgraceful.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Played FIFA19, game was broken. Customer service just told me to "wait for a fix". Billions of dollars profits but the customer is the one losing out. They just served a bunch of customer service platitudes and expected me to just suffer a broken $100 game.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about EA Sports?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Sims games are usually ok! Started playing Sims Mobile on phone, there are quests you do, your sims work, houses have to be built, and of course you spend some cash inevitable if you want to get anywhere. I had been playing for awhile. Maxed out on properties, moved up nicely and then my sims, home, everything was gone. It took me to the original Sims screen and wanted me to start from scratch. I thought it was a bug in their EA so I contacted them, they had me uninstall and install over again and then told me there was nothing they could do for me. It doesn't show I ever played. Although all my achievements are still there, receipts, I have pictures, and my EA codes. They say it's my problem. I have to start from scratch. EA needs to do better!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I received the Sims3 game as a gift. I opened the package, inserted my disk to download into the computer and it asked for an access code. There was none. I contacted technical support twice. They wanted proof, I sent the pictures. 2 hours later still no access code. I am not pleased with the customer service. It's a brand new game, not used. It wasn't my fault that the paper in the case was not there. So still no reply from them and a brand new game is trash and worthless. I believe that they should have better representatives to help the public in cases like this. Because this is sadly ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I bought Battlefield V for close to $80, clearly compatible with a my laptop hardware configuration and NVIDIA video card at purchase. Game worked fine until mandatory update of game by EA last week. Suddenly game became “unplayable” two weeks after I bought game. Error message claimed the driver was not updated enough. I worked with their help desk for a few days to no resolution. They assured me that they could help and if not I would be refunded. Below are actual texts "What we need is the updated MSINFO, to make sure the .dll error has been cleared out first. Then we can try to attack other issue. If everything points to that the game cannot be played anymore, I will definitely get that refund processed for you. Stephen ** EA Help.

All their help was fruitless. Suddenly it was my fault an I was told that I needed to buy a new video card to be compatible with the new update of the game. When asking for a refund from the next technician ("specialist team") who failed to fix the technical problem. His arrogant response was as such: "you asked to speak with Customer Support - that would be me. I am at a higher level than someone you would speak with on the phone or chat, and I have provided you with our refund policy." "No one with EA Help would be able to process a refund here". - Shane ** EA Help. This is outrageous customer service, Shame on you!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I have played games on Pogo.com for years. EA Network took over the Pogo sites. When I started with Pogo I used the free version. I decided I enjoyed the games enough to get the paid version with a different Pogo screen name. When the EA Network took over I could not access my paid account because EA Network reps would not delete my unpaid account and insisted I open an new email address. September 9, 2018 I finally convinced an EA Network rep to deleted the unpaid account but it seems she only said she would to get me off the phone. This is now November 4, 2018 and I can play Pogo games on my paid version. Now, I have been trying to get EA Network to delete both of my accounts without any success at all. I cannot access my account to delete my auto pay options. There is absolutely no cooperation from the EA network. If you're not with them I would caution you to stay away.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Scrabble access keeps crashing. I cannot get back into my in process games. What a waste of money! This seems to keep happening. EA should be fined for charging customers for games that continually crash.

EA Games Company Information