1.16/5

98 EA Games Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 10, 2019

Why can't companies use English speaking people for customer service instead of 3rd world county people that speak English like a 3-year-old? I really don't want these companies giving out my information to 3rd world countries that have ZERO laws protecting me from fraud.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I keep telling myself I'll never buy an EA game again, but they've stolen my money for the last time. Their servers are unreliable and unstable, there were probably less error codes on the Apollo 13 mission. Customer service is comically bad, won't even elaborate on that one. Peace out EA!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Pogo games is now part of EA games. In the transition my login has either been lost or no longer valid. I tried to log in under my credentials to cancel my subscription that I'm no longer using. It kept saying my email is invalid. I've only used one email with Pogo. So with me even giving customer service the last address on the account and how my account is billed along with the transaction IDs and numbers they refused to cancel my subscription. I had to go through PayPal to get all future payments cancelled. I also kept a copy of EA support live customer service that did nothing.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Firestorm just dropped in some places and has completely shut online play down all day! How is it possible that you’ve been preparing for this for 6 months or longer and you STILL screw everything else up!? Blows my mind! I pay you for a game that you change repeatedly and have full control over, why no clue? How does a weapon lose its power? How does a shotgun only apply 20 damage at point blank range? EA is a joke and you just got your last dollar from me, I’m done! Need to hire some real gamers or people that actually know wtf they’re doing!

Original review: March 7, 2019

PS4 first model. They never tested the game on an original PS4 and theres been problems of breaking PS4. So Anthem broke my PS4. On all my other games it never did this until I played Anthem so if you're going to get Anthem don't get it on the first model PS4 because it'll break it like it's broke mine. I've got to save up my money now for a PS4 Pro so ik my ps4 pro won't break because of Anthem, I'd like to receive damage money from EA considering they never tested the first model of PS4 for any damages that can be done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about EA Sports?

Original review: March 2, 2019

Bullet Sponge Simulator 2019 - Having to hit people with multiple full magazines even when you have extended mags is **. The same is ** and is going to die unless dealt with. Cheaters are also rampant and in almost every match.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My son loaded the new game without me, set it up wrong, told them his true age, and now can't play multi player. I asked the company to give me back the code, and they refused. Essentially stole my money. So, yes, my son has learned an expensive lesson.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

My 10 yo son just bought this game and tried to play it. He called me in to help. After reading all the social media messages the PS4 (settings for online play) I figured out that this game can only be played online with a paid subscription! The game box displays a tiny box listing this. It is totally misleading and deceptive considering the size and location of the warning and above all their target audience. EA Games you suck! I will make sure to never give you another cent and to make it my job to get to anyone else I meet.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I had my account stolen a few years back. I got it back myself WITH NO HELP FROM EA! Problem was everything was in another language and because I didn't know how to navigate Origin by heart it was useless to me. After a lengthy and angry phone call it was "returned" to me again in English. I had to change the email AND password as well as set up 2 step verification. Now over the past year (2018-2019) alone I've received countless attempts to access my account via 2 step verification. The first couple times I changed my password. After a while, with it happening almost weekly, I figured why bother if they can't get in without the code on my phone?

Almost 6 months of this consecutively happening back to back and EA did what? Nothing. Not even a notification someone was attempting it. Finally after years of avoiding it because I HATE ORIGIN; I decide to buy DA: Inquisition on PC and literally THE NEXT DAY I get locked out of my account and told they've changed my password due to suspicious activity. I contact them and they claim they don't see anything wrong on my profile. I can't log in. None of my prior passwords work. Yet there was nothing wrong with my account that I've been using at the same IP and same address FOR OVER A YEAR NOW. I am sick of changing my password! If their own system sees me as a threat to my account, but not the people actually attempting to steal it again how safe is my info?!

GAME COMPANIES NEED TO STOP THE GREEDY BS AND JUST GO BACK TO STEAM! Everyone is coming out with their own launcher and EA's IS THE WORST! They have nowhere near enough games to support or warrant their own launcher. They're a greedy failing company who can't even get this one thing right. If you have the option avoid ORIGIN all together. I know it's a graphical difference, but my god at least you don't have to directly deal with their BS just to get to your game. A game that might lock you out because EA sees it's customers handing them money as a threat to the customer. At this point it might as well be!

Short Game review: I loved DAI, but it was and STILL IS a buggy mess. I had to download a mod to complete certain missions because there has been 0 updates to fix the issues. Issues that everyone is aware of. It's not hard EA. Stop trying to push out games in a desperate attempt to stay alive and relevant and fix what you and BioWare already control. That is how you regain customers. Not pushing out worse and worse versions of games on a launcher NO ONE WANTED!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I spent 1 hour and 44 minutes on a call, due to an issue the agent admitted was EA's fault, during that hour and 44 minutes, the agent failed to solve a single one of my issues. The agent refused to provide me with information regarding legal issues or contact details, the agent refused to provide me with contact information for a European team, the agent refused to provide me with a more senior member of staff than just his shift supervisor, the agent refused to help with a SINGLE one of my issues, shouted at me multiple times, interrupted me constantly, left constant dead air on the call, then got annoyed at me and hung up the call.

I then contacted a chat agent (as the only option to contact EA at all seems to be support centers in India), who did the exact same thing, he refused to help or answer any of my questions, then told me to "check the EA help section" and immediately ended the chat. This due to me not having received the goods I paid for, digital content, even though they instantly took the money, it took 2 hours to receive the goods along with an hour and 44 minute call, with no help and they outright refused to compensate me, even with the FEE FOR THEM TO PROVIDE currency which I had spent my money on already. Absolutely the worst customer service experience I have ever had. There's no contact option on Twitter, Facebook or Reddit, they've turned off any contact options other than the ones that bring you to Indian call centers. No wonder they were voted worst company ever. Disgraceful.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Played FIFA19, game was broken. Customer service just told me to "wait for a fix". Billions of dollars profits but the customer is the one losing out. They just served a bunch of customer service platitudes and expected me to just suffer a broken $100 game.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Sims games are usually ok! Started playing Sims Mobile on phone, there are quests you do, your sims work, houses have to be built, and of course you spend some cash inevitable if you want to get anywhere. I had been playing for awhile. Maxed out on properties, moved up nicely and then my sims, home, everything was gone. It took me to the original Sims screen and wanted me to start from scratch. I thought it was a bug in their EA so I contacted them, they had me uninstall and install over again and then told me there was nothing they could do for me. It doesn't show I ever played. Although all my achievements are still there, receipts, I have pictures, and my EA codes. They say it's my problem. I have to start from scratch. EA needs to do better!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I received the Sims3 game as a gift. I opened the package, inserted my disk to download into the computer and it asked for an access code. There was none. I contacted technical support twice. They wanted proof, I sent the pictures. 2 hours later still no access code. I am not pleased with the customer service. It's a brand new game, not used. It wasn't my fault that the paper in the case was not there. So still no reply from them and a brand new game is trash and worthless. I believe that they should have better representatives to help the public in cases like this. Because this is sadly ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I bought Battlefield V for close to $80, clearly compatible with a my laptop hardware configuration and NVIDIA video card at purchase. Game worked fine until mandatory update of game by EA last week. Suddenly game became “unplayable” two weeks after I bought game. Error message claimed the driver was not updated enough. I worked with their help desk for a few days to no resolution. They assured me that they could help and if not I would be refunded. Below are actual texts "What we need is the updated MSINFO, to make sure the .dll error has been cleared out first. Then we can try to attack other issue. If everything points to that the game cannot be played anymore, I will definitely get that refund processed for you. Stephen ** EA Help.

All their help was fruitless. Suddenly it was my fault an I was told that I needed to buy a new video card to be compatible with the new update of the game. When asking for a refund from the next technician ("specialist team") who failed to fix the technical problem. His arrogant response was as such: "you asked to speak with Customer Support - that would be me. I am at a higher level than someone you would speak with on the phone or chat, and I have provided you with our refund policy." "No one with EA Help would be able to process a refund here". - Shane ** EA Help. This is outrageous customer service, Shame on you!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I have played games on Pogo.com for years. EA Network took over the Pogo sites. When I started with Pogo I used the free version. I decided I enjoyed the games enough to get the paid version with a different Pogo screen name. When the EA Network took over I could not access my paid account because EA Network reps would not delete my unpaid account and insisted I open an new email address. September 9, 2018 I finally convinced an EA Network rep to deleted the unpaid account but it seems she only said she would to get me off the phone. This is now November 4, 2018 and I can play Pogo games on my paid version. Now, I have been trying to get EA Network to delete both of my accounts without any success at all. I cannot access my account to delete my auto pay options. There is absolutely no cooperation from the EA network. If you're not with them I would caution you to stay away.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Scrabble access keeps crashing. I cannot get back into my in process games. What a waste of money! This seems to keep happening. EA should be fined for charging customers for games that continually crash.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

How this company manages to have such terrible customer service is beyond me. Their ineptitude is a constant waste of time. Don't bother contacting them, they will be rude, hang up on you at any chance available, and they are unable to help you do anything other than what is already online.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I signed up for Origin 7-8 years ago and no longer have access to the email I signed up with, I tried to contact support several times, all of which said they cannot help me, I had almost every Sims 3 EP and Stuff Packs, now I cannot use any of them! That's about $200 worth of products out the window with zero help from customer service! This is the WORST gaming company ever!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I had bought a used Spore game CD not knowing you need an access code to even play the game. After contacting customer service and being placed on hold for a half hour, they would not give me a new code unless I buy the game again. This practice does not make sense since my copy of the game was already paid for from the previous owner. Any other company does not put such a measure for their games to be only used by one person.

This is like someone selling their phone to you and you go to connect it to your car, but since the previous owner had already connected it to their car, you cannot. Now think of it as if you can't use the phone at all since the previous person already used it. You may think, that's a phone, this is software. That is true, but this is the actually physical software (CD).

Original review: July 19, 2018

Today I have experienced one of the rudest customer service experiences I've had online with EA. I bought a new laptop and it doesn't have a disc slot. I own The Sims games in a disc form and wanted to get back into gaming. I thought I might give it a shot and ask just in case if there was a way to get my games working since I have entered the product codes of the games on the Original program before. The reply that I got from the staff member I thought was really rude. I will not be dealing with this company again because I will not be loyal to a company that has bad customer service.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Whenever you play EA online games, they encourage you to make any necessary reports when it comes to; harassment, cheating or abuse. However, if a player is harassing you during an online game (ex; kicking you from games, sending you rude messages or getting on their mic to call you names in the gaming lobby) and you decide to report it, don't think for one second that EA's customer service is going to do a thing about it.

I have made 2 reports within the last 5 months, of 2 different players who were extremely rude to me in a gaming lobby and all I got for it, was 1 email back from a customer service rep from EA named, "Princes" who simply said: "I do understand your feeling right now, you know if I'm with your shoes, I will feel the same."

Here it is 3 months from that initial email and a month after the latest report I filed, and those rude players? They're still live and trolling in the lobby. What is the point of reporting anything when no actions are taken but pity emails?

Original review: June 14, 2018

We are so incredibly disappointed in EA Games. We bought Sims 4 a year ago for $40, loaded it via CD's, and then had issues with our daughter's computer about 6 months later and had to reinstall Windows. Origin and EA will only give you a one-time product code use for a game - that's absolutely ridiculous. The "help" person on chat was no help - she stated she could not find our associated email (we only have one email) and we would need to repurchase the game. No thank you. We will no longer waste our money on EA products (or anything having to do with Origin) ever again. I've bought 100's of computer software products over the years, and this is the first I've EVER had a one-time use of a product code. Buyer Beware.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I would like to express my disapproval with the way EA is handling the gaming hackers in their new Star Wars Battlefront II. For 4 months now, I have been playing their shooter and am finding it extremely difficult to enjoy because the community is filled with "Aimbot" hacking programs that systematically target other players, see thru walls, and create rate of fire and damage for weapons.

This is a known issue by EA because there are usually 1 or 2 in every match played that I end up reporting. Sadly, these gamers are seen the next day, week, or month later, still playing the game and using their automatic aiming programs. For all the griefers out there, please understand, I'm not a terrible gamer, and just complaining about dying. It's very easy to spot the auto-aiming programs.

I feel like Disney needs to be contacted and step in so EA can be forced to correct this problem by maintaining an anti hack or anti cheat program for their servers. It's not that difficult, Steam has such protection on their online games, but EA has absolutely NO concern for their player base or they would have done something about it before now. EA is ruining the name Star Wars in their gaming community, adversely affecting Disney's name.

I am writing this review on the Consumer Affairs website because every time I mention that Aimbots are a problem on the Battlefront II forums, they get removed and I get banned. It's obvious that the moderators don't want their game being the subject of scrutiny, but it's there, and consumers need to know about it. Word-of-Mouth is the best advertisement around, but until anti-cheat programs can be installed and keep hackers from playing, I will cease from playing or spending money on SWBF2, and will make sure my friends and family spend their money elsewhere as well. Thank you for reading this review.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I am able to log onto my account, but when it comes to updating my email there is a major problem - my security question is being asked in Russian. When I contacted EA games, I need a receipt to verify the account and all I could provide was a photo of the disc and manual with the serial number. I can't think of a more ridiculous way of authentication accounts, since no one seems to retain receipts after a certain amount of time, or once a game is installed and working perfectly. I can log onto my account, but my issue is that if I am unable to produce a receipt (to a 7-8 year old game), my account can't be verified and it is case closed. :-(

I know all my login details, but when asked my security question, they are in Russian, all I want is for them to be converted back to English so I have complete control of "my account". The only thing I need to do is change my email, but I can't do this while it is in Russian?!? Don't know what to do... Grrrrrrrrrrrr so frustrating!!! All good once I produce a receipt, but doubtful that will happen after 7-8 years. :-( So unlikely to ever have access to the account again (and lose my sims credits)!

Original review: March 6, 2018

Been contacting EA couple of times about the game connectivity and lagging which end up I couldn't play the game 100%. I couldnt join any squad 'cause I'll be dead weight at times. I will ran at that particular place at least up to x8. There even time that happened I could only shoot my rifle... can't skip... can't throw any grenade... can't reload... only way was to suicide or redeployed. I've broke L3 Stick on one controller and the other one of not sure where the problem is but it just stop functioning.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Paid for something I didnt get! I bought UFC 3 Champions Edition which comes with extra content like any other deluxe version of a game. Well wouldn't you know I didn't get the content I paid for. So I chatted with an EA customer service rep and he told me that it wasn't EA's fault and that I had to contact the retailer from where I bought the game from. When I asked why he couldn't just give me a new code or something because content creators have that power, he just kept saying call Microsoft. How can Microsoft give me content that is in their game? Horrible experience overall, so bad that this is the first negative review I've written about any company.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Just another completely unsatisfied customer. Bought Madden 17 after the Tom Brady cover reveal event started so I wasn't given the Tom Brady 90 over cover reveal card to complete the challenges and objectives associated with it. Contacted support and the first agent who can relay had any idea what I was talking about, had me add screenshots to my ticket... only he told me to do so with instructions that caused me to close our chat session. Next agent connected to chat and then never spoke a word and disconnected that chat session 5 minutes later. Then I called and got an agent who could barely understand me and I could barely understand them. That agent quickly said they would escalate my ticket to a specialist.

Next I wait a couple of days and get an email for an agent thanking me for contacting them and hoping my issue is resolved and to let them know if there is anything else they can help with. (Cookie cutter issue resolved email) and then I call again and the agent immediately states they will escalate my ticket and says I will get contacted as soon as possible. Almost a day later I get an email for an agent who hasn't even read my ticket notes and asks me to send them details of when I "lost" my Tom Brady card... that I clearly stated multiple times in this process I never received. So when I inform him of this and wait another day for a response I get "sorry that was a limited time event and we can't give it to you".

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Star Wars Battlefront is full of hackers, legit bonafide hackers zipping around one shotting people. Numerous reports over hours, days, months with many of these hackers repeat offenders and nothing is done. This was my first EA game and I wasted my money entirely. EA won't see another dime from me. I would give zero stars if possible considering their off shored "support" (so-called) is nothing but an exercise in blowing smoke. They do nothing but respond with canned spam and (clearly) throw reports in the trash.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

EA has the rudest customer services. During a 2 day period we spent over 6 hours online chatting with them trying to resolve a gaming access issue (and I wasn't chatting with anyone in the US based upon the email of the chat transcripts they are 5 hours ahead of the US ET). Three times the "advisors" decided they solved the issue (which they didn't and still haven't) and disconnected the chat. I will never buy another EA developed game again. We've now got a $60 game which is open and unusable and not returnable. Waste of time and money.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

What's the point of buying Sims expansion packs at $20 a pop, only to be able to play 2 :(. They should tell you that you can't play the game with all the expansion packs before you spend your hard earned money on them! Game locks up and even worse if you add site content! Sims used to be fun to play, now it's just a washed up memory of a great game that was! Origin has ruined it for me! Origin is slow, glitchy, and plain damn dumb (forgets your password, so you have to change it every time you play! wth). Selling my games and expansions, may have to just use them in a DIY project, cause smart people are sick of Origin and don't play it!

EA Games Company Information