3.5/5 (73 ratings)

About Disney Plus

Disney Plus is a subscription streaming service that offers ad-free, Disney-owned programming on demand. Disney Plus includes access to classic and modern films and television shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the Star Wars franchise and National Geographic.

Pros

• Exclusive access to content
  • Family-friendly programming
  • Low monthly fee

Cons

• Limited original programming

Bottom Line

Disney Plus is a streaming service offering titles from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and more at a low cost.

Disney Plus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Plus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Plus?

Original review: June 5, 2020

I really like having all the Disney movies and shows available immediately to me and my family. Very easy to navigate and search the app. Or use it on a Samsung TV and it works great with the remote that came with the TV so I didn’t have to add an extra remote. Also my living-year-old daughter loves her TV shows.

Original review: June 5, 2020

The interface is clean and easy to use. I feel comfortable watching any show from either a streaming device or an app on my TV. I love the fact that I have HD and UHD options for streaming. Sign up was easy without any lengthy forms to complete. I feel the price is just right for the amount of content received.

Original review: June 4, 2020

This streaming service doesn’t just include those adorable titles you think of when you hear the word Disney, there is so much more! I have been able to watch movies from my own childhood along with my kid’s latest and greatest films. We are all caught up thanks to Disney+.

Original review: June 4, 2020

It’s basically perfect, has all of the greatest movies from the past. Also has all of the new ones that have recently launched. The streaming itself never lags and is always fully HD unless a movie from the past. Overall an streaming service!

Original review: June 3, 2020

I love Disney Plus. My kids and grandchildren get the shows or movies they want to see, and I can catch up on the Star Wars saga or Avengers. It's a great service for multiple age groups in one home. We can find something appropriate for all of us.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I love Disney+. The variety is great, Disney, Pixar, Marvel, StarWars, and National Geographic. Incredible diversity. I figured that I would never use Nat Geo. Boy was I wrong. Incredible programming. I was looking for museums and found Cars/SOS. I am hooked on this series. It is in England but the restorations that they do in 3 weeks are phenomenal. Of course Star Wars is a favorite too, Mandalorian is fantastic if you are a Star Wars fan. The behind the scenes in the Disney is always interesting and informative. It’s a great streaming and I highly recommended it.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Disney+ has been pretty good. The variety isn't as good as with Netflix but they do have a number of things we really like. We have had quite a few problems with streaming where the picture freezes. We've never had that problem with Netflix so it can be really frustrating.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Things aren’t A to Z. Hard to find certain movies. Needs better description for some. Categories need less of a featured feel to it and more of a numerical timeline also more categories better organized.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Their behind the scenes content like Disney Imagineering is well worth it. Plus there’s endless options of things for my 5 year old to watch. Between Disney Junior and Marvel he’s a happy kid. I also get share some of the old classics with him as well, without tracking it all down at the library, like I was doing before.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I enjoy Disney+ because of all of the classics especially all of the Star Wars episodes. My son finally got to see the first three and he was amazed. Netflix has some really good series but the variety of movies are lacking in my opinion but overall both are priced fairly.

Original review: May 30, 2020

For adults, if you love watching Disney movies that have been out for a while this a great service. If you're looking for new content not as much to offer. What they do have in new content is worth watching though. Of course, for kids it's fantastic.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Disney Plus. What can I say? I only got it because of my kids. It was a nightmare to deal with customer service in the beginning. Astronomical wait times. The movies it has are ok in itself but I feel like Disney has a gazillion dollar’s time spend and the platform sucks. You can’t preview any movies. The titles are so small you have to actually click on a movie to see what it’s about. How is it that no one can fix that? Netflix platform is amazing! Anyway other than that I don’t really care much for it. Sorry.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Great selection of movies for kids, only issue or complaint I have is if it's a Disney movie or franchise company of Disney then the movies should be available to watch regardless of any other contacts. And during covid pandemic it would be nice to have the movies that were set to release is July and December released for streaming. If you can early release Frozen 2 then you can early release the other movies.

Original review: May 28, 2020

This is a streaming service that offers a variety of shows and original programming but, I feel as though I quickly run out of options for new content. The true advantage is access to the Disney library obviously. I just feel that at some point I will be reevaluating my subscription based upon the frequency that I access this streaming service and my interest level in their programming that is specific to this platform.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I was a bit iffy on getting Disney+ to start because I already own practically every Disney cartoon, Star Wars movie and Marvel movie on DVD or Bluray. But not only is there a slew of old live action movies on Disney+ but also some great new content like the Mandalorian. It's definitely worth the $75 I paid for a year.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Excellent service. I have issues trying to reproduce 5.1 DTS sound over my receiver. It may be because of my old Kenwood receiver but other services are capable of reproducing on 5.1 DTS without issues. Image quality is excellent and streaming is seamless.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Great service if you want to relive your past as a kid or watch one of the few new things they offer. It great to turn on for the kids as they love so many of the shows on here. Quality seem really solid and does not seem to degrade much at all.

Original review: May 25, 2020

I think the Disney channel is awesome. It’s great for children as well as adults. It’s great to watch the Disney movies I grew up watching. Also my grandchildren love watching The Disney channel. It’s also very educational. Some of the kids shows on other channels should not be considered kid friendly. But did Disney will actually let you know if they are not. Especially the older ones. They were not considered offensive when made back in the day. But nowadays are considered offensive. I highly recommend The Disney channel. Disney always goes above and beyond.

Original review: May 24, 2020

Disney did not do a good job with this launch. Our tv is 6 years old and there’s nothing wrong with it but because it’s not new I can’t get the app for my kids which I find ridiculous. Even though that was 6 months ago and I was assured by staff that a version for older tvs was coming, that never happened.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Disney+ has been pretty amazing. My kids always find something to watch, and with a toddler that loves all the old Disney shorts, it makes it even better. Plus the old shows that my husband and I free up on are all there. No more looking on YouTube for stuff!

Original review: May 22, 2020

I love Disney+. Finally all my favorite kids' movies and my kids' favorite movies in one app, great price and so far I haven't had any issues with the service, I love how it's not just Disney. There's other things also!

Original review: May 21, 2020

This is an exceptional site with a wide range of great entertainment delivered at an equally exceptional price. My grandchildren love the cartoons and shows such as Mickey's Clubhouse, and the whole family loves watching the movies. We highly recommend Disney+..

Original review: May 20, 2020

I really enjoy the fact that there are cartoon shows available that I used to watch as a kid on Saturday mornings. The changing lineup also keeps things entertaining. Even though I receive this service for free courtesy of Verizon, I will for sure be a paid customer after the free period is over because they offer it at such a good price considering you can’t get most of the programs on any other platform.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Disney + is great for family viewing of Disney classics plus new series such as The Mandalorian. Good variety of content for all ages and remembers what your choices are so you don’t always have to go search what you want to continue to watch.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Best launch and most reliable new service available. The price, the packaging with Hulu, the library and ease of use is amazing. My kids have a ton of options. And we do as well. The only challenge is that the release of new material so far can't compete with Netflix.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I choose Disney because of how much kids love it. From the get-go it was able to compete with Netflix. Its also priced much lower than other competitors. It is definitely lacking in adult content but that is to be expected and again is reflected in the price. Video quality and load times are on par with other services.

Original review: May 16, 2020

Love every one of their categories. The traditional movies bring back nostalgic feelings from childhood. The Star Wars movies and programming are particular favorites. Marvel movies are all contemporary pleasures, And, the Pixar offerings are modern-day classics. National Geo will be my next exploration on Disney Plus.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Disney+ it’s good if you have young children or if you’d like to watch classic Disney films which I do, and we are a big Star Wars fan so that’s a plus. That’s the main reason why we got it. Also my son likes Marvel movies so we’ve already watched everything. Wish there was more to watch. I think I’ve seen 80% of what’s offered except for the National Geographic. The Disney Channel is not my genre, but my son used to watch this when he was little...

Original review: May 14, 2020

The streaming service is fairly new. There were a few bumps in the road like, video playback errors. But they seem to have became less as we use the service. I would say all it needs is a better set of category organization on the home screen. We have to search things to find options and we missed out on so many movies because they weren’t advertised on the home screen.

Original review: May 13, 2020

It is a very easy service to use. It has 3 different services in one. Lots of options also. You get to watch the vintage vault. Lots of fun shows for everyone. Tons of star war things to watch. Then you can switch to Hulu to watch the latest shows. Also ESPN.

Disney Plus Company Information