Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

Disney Plus is a subscription streaming service that offers ad-free, Disney-owned programming on demand. Disney Plus includes access to classic and modern films and television shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the Star Wars franchise and National Geographic.

BOTTOM LINE

Disney Plus is a streaming service offering titles from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and more at a low cost.

PROS

• Exclusive access to content
    • Family-friendly programming
    • Low monthly fee

CONS

• Limited original programming

What is Disney Plus?

Disney Plus is a digital streaming service similar to Netflix or Hulu but focused entirely on Disney programming. The platform includes movies and shows from Disney’s extensive catalog of box office films, which includes titles from Disney’s Pixar and Marvel studios, modern and nostalgic television series and original programming.

For a monthly fee, you get access to the collection to stream as many titles as you want.

Disney Plus devices

Disney Plus is compatible with multiple browsers, devices and smart TVs, including:

• Android phones and tablets
    • Apple iPhones and iPads
    • Amazon Fire Tablets
    • Android TVs
    • LG Smart TVs with webOS
    • Samsung Tizen TVs
    • Amazon Fire TV
    • Apple AirPlay
    • Apple TV (4th generation and later)
    • Google Chromebooks
    • Google Chromecast
    • Roku
    • Sony PlayStation 4
    • Vizio SmartCast TV
    • Xbox One

Disney Plus content

The Disney Plus lineup has many titles from Disney and Pixar, including the popular Marvel and Star Wars franchises and National Geographic programming. Disney Plus also offers a small but expanding selection of original programming.

Disney Plus movies

Disney Plus is full of classic films and new favorites. All of the films popularly known as Disney Princess movies are on full display, as are other animated classics like “The Lion King,” “Lady and the Tramp,” “Alice in Wonderland,” “Lilo and Stitch” and “Hercules.”

Disney also quickly released many recent films to the platform, including the live-action versions of “The Lion King” and “Aladdin” and the much-anticipated “Frozen II.” The platform also offers the entire Star Wars franchise.

Disney Princess movies on Disney Plus
    Disney Plus offers the entire catalog of the Disney Princess movies from Snow White to Frozen. The Disney Princess series includes:
    • Aladdin
    • Sleeping Beauty
    • Snow White
    • Tangled
    Marvel movies on Disney Plus
    While the platform doesn’t yet have the entire Marvel catalog, they do have quite a few top picks from the MCU, including the four Avengers movies. Other Marvel movies on the service include:
    • Ant-Man
    • Thor
    • Thor: Ragnarok
    • Thor: The Dark World
    Disney Plus original movies

Disney Plus also offers original movies. While the original programming is currently limited compared to other popular streaming platforms like Netflix and Hulu, there are plans to expand and develop the lineup of originals. Current original movies include:

• Diving with Dolphins
    • Stargirl
    • Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made
    • Togo

Disney Plus shows

Shows streaming on Disney Plus include popular animated series like “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” “Muppet Babies” and “Winnie the Pooh” for younger audiences. The service also gives you access to many throwback favorites from the ’90s and ’00s, such as “Kim Possible,” “Doug” and “Recess.”

Millennials may appreciate the full lineup of other old-school Disney favorites, including “Hannah Montana,” “Boy Meets World,” “Lizzie McGuire” and “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.”

Newer shows include “The Mandalorian,” a Disney Plus original, Marvel’s “Runaways” and the short-lived “Agent Carter.” Other original shows include:

• Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    • High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
    • Diary of a Future President
    • The World According to Jeff Goldblum
    • Pick of the Litter
    • Marvel’s Hero Project

Disney Plus price

Disney Plus costs $6.99 per month. You can also pay $69.99 for an annual subscription, which saves you about $14.

For more variety, sign up for the Disney Plus bundle for $12.99 a month, which includes access to Hulu and ESPN Plus.

If you want to test the waters first, Disney Plus’s free trial is seven days long and includes unrestricted access to all content. You must enter a credit card number to start the free trial, and you’re automatically charged if you don’t cancel before the trial ends.

How to sign up for Disney Plus

To sign up for Disney Plus, visit the service’s website and follow the guided instructions. Sign-up is simple and should take less than five minutes. You need a credit card, and you must decide if you want to be billed monthly or annually.

Disney Plus FAQ

How long is the Disney Plus free trial?
    The Disney Plus free trial is seven days long.
    What can you watch on Disney Plus?
    Disney Plus offers hundreds of titles, including Disney’s and Pixar’s classic animated films, films from the Star Wars franchise and many movies from the Marvel franchise. You can also watch Disney Channel shows from the ’90s as well as more recent programming. A few original programs are available.
    What is the Disney Plus bundle?
    For $12.99 a month, you can get Disney Plus bundled with Hulu and ESPN Plus. If you are already a customer of Hulu or ESPN Plus, you can still get the bundle without canceling your current subscription.
    What devices does Disney Plus support?
    You can stream Disney Plus through most mobile devices, many smart TVs and some gaming systems, including Xbox One and PlayStation 4. You can also stream Disney Plus using Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick and Google Chromecast products.

Is Disney Plus worth it?

If you’re an avid Disney fan, we think Disney Plus is worth it. The Disney Plus service is great for families and anyone else looking for access to a large variety of nostalgic television and film. The monthly fee is low compared with other popular streaming services and provides access to exclusive Disney content.

Disney Plus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Plus?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Plus?

Original review: June 18, 2020

I love Disney Plus! There is an amazing variety of movies & shows. If I'm in the mood for a great memory I can watch a movie from my childhood. There are some that are so special to me. Including the original Parent Trap. Such great memories with that movie. Also, if there are movies I've missed out on I can watch those. For instance, I was not able to go to the theaters when the new Aladdin movie came out. It was awesome to get to watch it in the comfort of my home. Popped popcorn, had snacks. It was great, lol. Love the variety. It's nice to be able to view movies when I want and according to what I'm in the mood for. Thumbs up!

Original review: June 11, 2020

I love the idea of being able to stream all of Disney and its subsidiaries films whenever I want. I don't like that every company has to have a streaming platform but so Far Disney+ is at an affordable price and doesn't destroy my budget. However this service is constantly buffering and freezing at times so frequently I have to just give up. I would think that a company worth as much as Disney would have higher quality streaming. Aside from the lag I'm pretty happy with the service.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I love Disney+. The variety is great, Disney, Pixar, Marvel, StarWars, and National Geographic. Incredible diversity. I figured that I would never use Nat Geo. Boy was I wrong. Incredible programming. I was looking for museums and found Cars/SOS. I am hooked on this series. It is in England but the restorations that they do in 3 weeks are phenomenal. Of course Star Wars is a favorite too, Mandalorian is fantastic if you are a Star Wars fan. The behind the scenes in the Disney is always interesting and informative. It’s a great streaming and I highly recommended it.

Original review: May 25, 2020

I think the Disney channel is awesome. It’s great for children as well as adults. It’s great to watch the Disney movies I grew up watching. Also my grandchildren love watching The Disney channel. It’s also very educational. Some of the kids shows on other channels should not be considered kid friendly. But did Disney will actually let you know if they are not. Especially the older ones. They were not considered offensive when made back in the day. But nowadays are considered offensive. I highly recommend The Disney channel. Disney always goes above and beyond.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Disney+ it’s good if you have young children or if you’d like to watch classic Disney films which I do, and we are a big Star Wars fan so that’s a plus. That’s the main reason why we got it. Also my son likes Marvel movies so we’ve already watched everything. Wish there was more to watch. I think I’ve seen 80% of what’s offered except for the National Geographic. The Disney Channel is not my genre, but my son used to watch this when he was little...

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

My daughter rec'd a subscription for Disney Plus streaming from her Aunt on her birthday. When we tried setting it up on her smart tv, it wouldn't take the codes sent by email. My sister is in S.C. We are in Ca.. Called for help, was hung up on 4 times after 10+ min holds each time! Finally get a rep, spend over 30 min on the phone trying to resolve. He then contacts tech support! I thought I already had tech support, that's who I called! They advise him to tell me to run a systems speed test with IT directions.

Hello?...Just trying to get the gift my daughter got working, not reoverhaul my entire laptop! And what does that have to do with the television I'm trying to add it to? Every link they sent with the subscription went to a black, blank Disney page. Everyone, including the cancel subscription option! Having my sister call her credit card company to stop payment. At this point I don't trust Disney to do it from their end. We check links from other emails, they were fine. So this is on the Disney Plus end.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I have never been able to receive surround sound with Disney Plus, even though I can with every other streaming service. After calling in month after month with their technical support saying they were aware of the issue and it is not yet resolved, they awarded a free month to me and said they would contact me with a resolution. Today, 9 months later, I called in to ask why my subscription was automatically being renewed and I was told that the free month was never awarded and I would not get it. I asked why nobody contacted me like they said they would and they said they closed the file months ago without informing me. Terrible tech support, terrible customer service and a rude and abrupt telephone representative. What a terrible experience in every way with your streaming service. Do not expect anything added to what they already have on their service. Netflix is 1000% better.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Purchased 3 years of service. It was put in hold because Verizon offered a free year. Then Verizon offered it included it in their service for good. Called to request refund, approved but never got it.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

We have had a Disney Plus subscription for six months. When Mulan came out, we were anxious to watch it. We were on the DisneyPlus site where we paid $29.99 using the account information and credit card on file in order to watch Mulan. The Disneyplus offer was that we would be able to watch Mulan more than once. We have gone back to the DisneyPlus site to rewatch it and have been unable to unless we again pay $29.99. I finally called DisneyPlus customer support. I was on the phone for 1 hour and 13 minutes. They are unable to do anything to help. They agree that they have our money, (I produced our credit card statement) but they said I would need to contact Roku and ask for a refund and then start over. This should be between Disney and Roku. It is not our issue. I am very disappointed that DisneyPlus refuse to correct this.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Disney Plus offers a bundle with HULU and ESPN. I was double billed and the wait time is over 40 minutes on any given day. I ended up having to "chat" with an agent who was not useful at all. HULU was the same, no personal service, no accountability. As a business owner, you are only as good as your customer service team. I ended up canceling the so-called bundle. I have an 11 month old grand-daughter. She loved watching Disney. We will just stick to Sesame Street. I wouldn't recommend Disney Plus to my friends.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I love Disney+. My 5 year old loves it. I love it because of the content and not worrying about what he may or may not see. He loves it because he feels the channel only applies to him and was made for him and he can pause/replay or stop at anytime. The movies are great!

Original review: June 17, 2020

Quality is great, many 4k movies. Almost all Disney movies on it plus Star Wars, Marvel and Pixar. Since launch they didn't seem to add much new content, not at the rate of other streaming services. I get it is cheaper than others, but I just wish for more newer original content. Really great for kids.

Original review: June 15, 2020

The selection of videos and series is sufficient and tends to increase within a 1-3 month period adding new content. However, I've had multiple issues where Disney error message occurs during playback. This ends up with completely logging out and back in or watching program at a later time.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Great for families with kids! And I personally got it being a Star Wars fan, and wanted to see the Mandolorian. Just wish there was more content- Same for Nat Geo- Great programming, but short of content.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Disney + hits the nail on the head when it comes to shows and movies that you remember from childhood. I love that about it. What I dislike is when I'm watching a show like Mandalorian it buffers a lot. Which makes it take forever to watch. I don't have a problem like that with the other services.

Original review: June 12, 2020

It is so nice to be able to watch such a wide variety of Disney tv and movies. The first thing I watched when I tried the service was a childhood favorite and I was hooked. I've since noticed I use Disney+ much more than any other streaming service that I've been subscribed to. The UI for the player could use a little work, but otherwise, I'm really happy with Disney+ and what it has to offer.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I ordered this for kids at home, knowing it would offer appropriate entertainment for their interests. To my delight and surprise there are many shows and movies that I have enjoyed and look forward to watching soon. I am so glad to have this service. I only used Netflix for a couple of years, being frugal. This is well worth spending extra for and I will keep using it indefinitely!

Original review: June 9, 2020

I really thought Disney+ was going to be for the kids. Truth be told, I watch it more than the kids do. The content variety is excellent. Are there Disney movies? Yes. And Star Wars. And The Avengers movies. And great series (been watching Primal Survivor, which is outstanding). Quite frankly, I think they underpromised and overdelivered.

Original review: June 8, 2020

At its current offering it is a great service. A lot of content that satisfies everyone at any age. Always something to watch and a nice diversion from the current events. Let's hope that Disney doesn't get greedy and keeps the price affordable.

Original review: June 7, 2020

Disney has one of the better streaming services out. The app works much better than some other apps like CBS which has constant delays. I would like to see a little more original content created for adults but otherwise I’m extremely satisfied with it.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I really like having all the Disney movies and shows available immediately to me and my family. Very easy to navigate and search the app. Or use it on a Samsung TV and it works great with the remote that came with the TV so I didn’t have to add an extra remote. Also my living-year-old daughter loves her TV shows.

Original review: June 5, 2020

The interface is clean and easy to use. I feel comfortable watching any show from either a streaming device or an app on my TV. I love the fact that I have HD and UHD options for streaming. Sign up was easy without any lengthy forms to complete. I feel the price is just right for the amount of content received.

Original review: June 4, 2020

This streaming service doesn’t just include those adorable titles you think of when you hear the word Disney, there is so much more! I have been able to watch movies from my own childhood along with my kid’s latest and greatest films. We are all caught up thanks to Disney+.

Original review: June 4, 2020

It’s basically perfect, has all of the greatest movies from the past. Also has all of the new ones that have recently launched. The streaming itself never lags and is always fully HD unless a movie from the past. Overall an streaming service!

Original review: June 3, 2020

I love Disney Plus. My kids and grandchildren get the shows or movies they want to see, and I can catch up on the Star Wars saga or Avengers. It's a great service for multiple age groups in one home. We can find something appropriate for all of us.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Disney+ has been pretty good. The variety isn't as good as with Netflix but they do have a number of things we really like. We have had quite a few problems with streaming where the picture freezes. We've never had that problem with Netflix so it can be really frustrating.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Things aren’t A to Z. Hard to find certain movies. Needs better description for some. Categories need less of a featured feel to it and more of a numerical timeline also more categories better organized.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Their behind the scenes content like Disney Imagineering is well worth it. Plus there’s endless options of things for my 5 year old to watch. Between Disney Junior and Marvel he’s a happy kid. I also get share some of the old classics with him as well, without tracking it all down at the library, like I was doing before.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I enjoy Disney+ because of all of the classics especially all of the Star Wars episodes. My son finally got to see the first three and he was amazed. Netflix has some really good series but the variety of movies are lacking in my opinion but overall both are priced fairly.

Original review: May 30, 2020

For adults, if you love watching Disney movies that have been out for a while this a great service. If you're looking for new content not as much to offer. What they do have in new content is worth watching though. Of course, for kids it's fantastic.

Disney Plus Company Information