Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.53/5

Disney Plus is a subscription streaming service that offers ad-free, Disney-owned programming on demand. Disney Plus includes access to classic and modern films and television shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the Star Wars franchise and National Geographic.

BOTTOM LINE

Disney Plus is a streaming service offering titles from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and more at a low cost.

PROS

• Exclusive access to content
    • Family-friendly programming
    • Low monthly fee

CONS

• Limited original programming

What is Disney Plus?

Disney Plus is a digital streaming service similar to Netflix or Hulu but focused entirely on Disney programming. The platform includes movies and shows from Disney’s extensive catalog of box office films, which includes titles from Disney’s Pixar and Marvel studios, modern and nostalgic television series and original programming.

For a monthly fee, you get access to the collection to stream as many titles as you want.

Disney Plus devices

Disney Plus is compatible with multiple browsers, devices and smart TVs, including:

• Android phones and tablets
    • Apple iPhones and iPads
    • Amazon Fire Tablets
    • Android TVs
    • LG Smart TVs with webOS
    • Samsung Tizen TVs
    • Amazon Fire TV
    • Apple AirPlay
    • Apple TV (4th generation and later)
    • Google Chromebooks
    • Google Chromecast
    • Roku
    • Sony PlayStation 4
    • Vizio SmartCast TV
    • Xbox One

Disney Plus content

The Disney Plus lineup has many titles from Disney and Pixar, including the popular Marvel and Star Wars franchises and National Geographic programming. Disney Plus also offers a small but expanding selection of original programming.

Disney Plus movies

Disney Plus is full of classic films and new favorites. All of the films popularly known as Disney Princess movies are on full display, as are other animated classics like “The Lion King,” “Lady and the Tramp,” “Alice in Wonderland,” “Lilo and Stitch” and “Hercules.”

Disney also quickly released many recent films to the platform, including the live-action versions of “The Lion King” and “Aladdin” and the much-anticipated “Frozen II.” The platform also offers the entire Star Wars franchise.

Disney Princess movies on Disney Plus
    Disney Plus offers the entire catalog of the Disney Princess movies from Snow White to Frozen. The Disney Princess series includes:
    • Aladdin
    • Sleeping Beauty
    • Snow White
    • Tangled
    Marvel movies on Disney Plus
    While the platform doesn’t yet have the entire Marvel catalog, they do have quite a few top picks from the MCU, including the four Avengers movies. Other Marvel movies on the service include:
    • Ant-Man
    • Thor
    • Thor: Ragnarok
    • Thor: The Dark World
    Disney Plus original movies

Disney Plus also offers original movies. While the original programming is currently limited compared to other popular streaming platforms like Netflix and Hulu, there are plans to expand and develop the lineup of originals. Current original movies include:

• Diving with Dolphins
    • Stargirl
    • Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made
    • Togo

Disney Plus shows

Shows streaming on Disney Plus include popular animated series like “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” “Muppet Babies” and “Winnie the Pooh” for younger audiences. The service also gives you access to many throwback favorites from the ’90s and ’00s, such as “Kim Possible,” “Doug” and “Recess.”

Millennials may appreciate the full lineup of other old-school Disney favorites, including “Hannah Montana,” “Boy Meets World,” “Lizzie McGuire” and “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.”

Newer shows include “The Mandalorian,” a Disney Plus original, Marvel’s “Runaways” and the short-lived “Agent Carter.” Other original shows include:

• Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    • High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
    • Diary of a Future President
    • The World According to Jeff Goldblum
    • Pick of the Litter
    • Marvel’s Hero Project

Disney Plus price

Disney Plus costs $6.99 per month. You can also pay $69.99 for an annual subscription, which saves you about $14.

For more variety, sign up for the Disney Plus bundle for $12.99 a month, which includes access to Hulu and ESPN Plus.

If you want to test the waters first, Disney Plus’s free trial is seven days long and includes unrestricted access to all content. You must enter a credit card number to start the free trial, and you’re automatically charged if you don’t cancel before the trial ends.

How to sign up for Disney Plus

To sign up for Disney Plus, visit the service’s website and follow the guided instructions. Sign-up is simple and should take less than five minutes. You need a credit card, and you must decide if you want to be billed monthly or annually.

Disney Plus FAQ

How long is the Disney Plus free trial?
    The Disney Plus free trial is seven days long.
    What can you watch on Disney Plus?
    Disney Plus offers hundreds of titles, including Disney’s and Pixar’s classic animated films, films from the Star Wars franchise and many movies from the Marvel franchise. You can also watch Disney Channel shows from the ’90s as well as more recent programming. A few original programs are available.
    What is the Disney Plus bundle?
    For $12.99 a month, you can get Disney Plus bundled with Hulu and ESPN Plus. If you are already a customer of Hulu or ESPN Plus, you can still get the bundle without canceling your current subscription.
    What devices does Disney Plus support?
    You can stream Disney Plus through most mobile devices, many smart TVs and some gaming systems, including Xbox One and PlayStation 4. You can also stream Disney Plus using Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick and Google Chromecast products.

Is Disney Plus worth it?

If you’re an avid Disney fan, we think Disney Plus is worth it. The Disney Plus service is great for families and anyone else looking for access to a large variety of nostalgic television and film. The monthly fee is low compared with other popular streaming services and provides access to exclusive Disney content.

Disney Plus Reviews

Original review: May 28, 2020

This is a streaming service that offers a variety of shows and original programming but, I feel as though I quickly run out of options for new content. The true advantage is access to the Disney library obviously. I just feel that at some point I will be reevaluating my subscription based upon the frequency that I access this streaming service and my interest level in their programming that is specific to this platform.

Original review: May 25, 2020

I think the Disney channel is awesome. It’s great for children as well as adults. It’s great to watch the Disney movies I grew up watching. Also my grandchildren love watching The Disney channel. It’s also very educational. Some of the kids shows on other channels should not be considered kid friendly. But did Disney will actually let you know if they are not. Especially the older ones. They were not considered offensive when made back in the day. But nowadays are considered offensive. I highly recommend The Disney channel. Disney always goes above and beyond.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I really enjoy the fact that there are cartoon shows available that I used to watch as a kid on Saturday mornings. The changing lineup also keeps things entertaining. Even though I receive this service for free courtesy of Verizon, I will for sure be a paid customer after the free period is over because they offer it at such a good price considering you can’t get most of the programs on any other platform.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Disney+ it’s good if you have young children or if you’d like to watch classic Disney films which I do, and we are a big Star Wars fan so that’s a plus. That’s the main reason why we got it. Also my son likes Marvel movies so we’ve already watched everything. Wish there was more to watch. I think I’ve seen 80% of what’s offered except for the National Geographic. The Disney Channel is not my genre, but my son used to watch this when he was little...

Original review: May 14, 2020

The streaming service is fairly new. There were a few bumps in the road like, video playback errors. But they seem to have became less as we use the service. I would say all it needs is a better set of category organization on the home screen. We have to search things to find options and we missed out on so many movies because they weren’t advertised on the home screen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Plus?

Original review: May 29, 2020

Disney Plus. What can I say? I only got it because of my kids. It was a nightmare to deal with customer service in the beginning. Astronomical wait times. The movies it has are ok in itself but I feel like Disney has a gazillion dollar’s time spend and the platform sucks. You can’t preview any movies. The titles are so small you have to actually click on a movie to see what it’s about. How is it that no one can fix that? Netflix platform is amazing! Anyway other than that I don’t really care much for it. Sorry.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Excellent service. I have issues trying to reproduce 5.1 DTS sound over my receiver. It may be because of my old Kenwood receiver but other services are capable of reproducing on 5.1 DTS without issues. Image quality is excellent and streaming is seamless.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Great service if you want to relive your past as a kid or watch one of the few new things they offer. It great to turn on for the kids as they love so many of the shows on here. Quality seem really solid and does not seem to degrade much at all.

Original review: May 24, 2020

Disney did not do a good job with this launch. Our tv is 6 years old and there’s nothing wrong with it but because it’s not new I can’t get the app for my kids which I find ridiculous. Even though that was 6 months ago and I was assured by staff that a version for older tvs was coming, that never happened.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Disney+ has been pretty amazing. My kids always find something to watch, and with a toddler that loves all the old Disney shorts, it makes it even better. Plus the old shows that my husband and I free up on are all there. No more looking on YouTube for stuff!

Original review: May 22, 2020

I love Disney+. Finally all my favorite kids' movies and my kids' favorite movies in one app, great price and so far I haven't had any issues with the service, I love how it's not just Disney. There's other things also!

Original review: May 21, 2020

This is an exceptional site with a wide range of great entertainment delivered at an equally exceptional price. My grandchildren love the cartoons and shows such as Mickey's Clubhouse, and the whole family loves watching the movies. We highly recommend Disney+..

Original review: May 19, 2020

Disney + is great for family viewing of Disney classics plus new series such as The Mandalorian. Good variety of content for all ages and remembers what your choices are so you don’t always have to go search what you want to continue to watch.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Best launch and most reliable new service available. The price, the packaging with Hulu, the library and ease of use is amazing. My kids have a ton of options. And we do as well. The only challenge is that the release of new material so far can't compete with Netflix.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I choose Disney because of how much kids love it. From the get-go it was able to compete with Netflix. Its also priced much lower than other competitors. It is definitely lacking in adult content but that is to be expected and again is reflected in the price. Video quality and load times are on par with other services.

Original review: May 16, 2020

Love every one of their categories. The traditional movies bring back nostalgic feelings from childhood. The Star Wars movies and programming are particular favorites. Marvel movies are all contemporary pleasures, And, the Pixar offerings are modern-day classics. National Geo will be my next exploration on Disney Plus.

Original review: May 13, 2020

It is a very easy service to use. It has 3 different services in one. Lots of options also. You get to watch the vintage vault. Lots of fun shows for everyone. Tons of star war things to watch. Then you can switch to Hulu to watch the latest shows. Also ESPN.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Disney Plus is our family’s favorite streaming service. They have a good selection of shows and movies for every age. Our kids love Disney Plus. We especially love Disney’s fun and educational shows. Thank you.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I was so glad to have found this streaming service. It has all the classic movies from my childhood that I can now share with my children. It also has movies that adults can enjoy which is a great plus. The fee could be a little bit lower but as of right now I don't mind paying it for the selection of movies I'm getting.

Disney Plus Company Information