3.9/5 (216 ratings)

About Disney Plus

Disney Plus is a subscription streaming service that offers ad-free, Disney-owned programming on demand. Disney Plus includes access to classic and modern films and television shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the Star Wars franchise and National Geographic.

Pros

• Exclusive access to content
  • Family-friendly programming
  • Low monthly fee

Cons

• Limited original programming

Bottom Line

Disney Plus is a streaming service offering titles from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and more at a low cost.

What is Disney Plus?

Disney Plus is a digital streaming service similar to Netflix or Hulu but focused entirely on Disney programming. The platform includes movies and shows from Disney’s extensive catalog of box office films, which includes titles from Disney’s Pixar and Marvel studios, modern and nostalgic television series and original programming.

For a monthly fee, you get access to the collection to stream as many titles as you want.

Disney Plus devices

Disney Plus is compatible with multiple browsers, devices and smart TVs, including:

• Android phones and tablets
  • Apple iPhones and iPads
  • Amazon Fire Tablets
  • Android TVs
  • LG Smart TVs with webOS
  • Samsung Tizen TVs
  • Amazon Fire TV
  • Apple AirPlay
  • Apple TV (4th generation and later)
  • Google Chromebooks
  • Google Chromecast
  • Roku
  • Sony PlayStation 4
  • Vizio SmartCast TV
  • Xbox One

Disney Plus content

The Disney Plus lineup has many titles from Disney and Pixar, including the popular Marvel and Star Wars franchises and National Geographic programming. Disney Plus also offers a small but expanding selection of original programming.

Disney Plus movies

Disney Plus is full of classic films and new favorites. All of the films popularly known as Disney Princess movies are on full display, as are other animated classics like “The Lion King,” “Lady and the Tramp,” “Alice in Wonderland,” “Lilo and Stitch” and “Hercules.”

Disney also quickly released many recent films to the platform, including the live-action versions of “The Lion King” and “Aladdin” and the much-anticipated “Frozen II.” The platform also offers the entire Star Wars franchise.

Disney Princess movies on Disney Plus
Disney Plus offers the entire catalog of the Disney Princess movies from Snow White to Frozen. The Disney Princess series includes:
  • Aladdin
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Snow White
  • Tangled
Marvel movies on Disney Plus
While the platform doesn’t yet have the entire Marvel catalog, they do have quite a few top picks from the MCU, including the four Avengers movies. Other Marvel movies on the service include:
  • Ant-Man
  • Thor
  • Thor: Ragnarok
  • Thor: The Dark World
Disney Plus original movies

Disney Plus also offers original movies. While the original programming is currently limited compared to other popular streaming platforms like Netflix and Hulu, there are plans to expand and develop the lineup of originals. Current original movies include:

• Diving with Dolphins
  • Stargirl
  • Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made
  • Togo

Disney Plus shows

Shows streaming on Disney Plus include popular animated series like “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” “Muppet Babies” and “Winnie the Pooh” for younger audiences. The service also gives you access to many throwback favorites from the ’90s and ’00s, such as “Kim Possible,” “Doug” and “Recess.”

Millennials may appreciate the full lineup of other old-school Disney favorites, including “Hannah Montana,” “Boy Meets World,” “Lizzie McGuire” and “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.”

Newer shows include “The Mandalorian,” a Disney Plus original, Marvel’s “Runaways” and the short-lived “Agent Carter.” Other original shows include:

• Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
  • Diary of a Future President
  • The World According to Jeff Goldblum
  • Pick of the Litter
  • Marvel’s Hero Project

Disney Plus price

Disney Plus costs $6.99 per month. You can also pay $69.99 for an annual subscription, which saves you about $14.

For more variety, sign up for the Disney Plus bundle for $12.99 a month, which includes access to Hulu and ESPN Plus.

If you want to test the waters first, Disney Plus’s free trial is seven days long and includes unrestricted access to all content. You must enter a credit card number to start the free trial, and you’re automatically charged if you don’t cancel before the trial ends.

How to sign up for Disney Plus

To sign up for Disney Plus, visit the service’s website and follow the guided instructions. Sign-up is simple and should take less than five minutes. You need a credit card, and you must decide if you want to be billed monthly or annually.

Disney Plus FAQ

How long is the Disney Plus free trial?
The Disney Plus free trial is seven days long.
What can you watch on Disney Plus?
Disney Plus offers hundreds of titles, including Disney’s and Pixar’s classic animated films, films from the Star Wars franchise and many movies from the Marvel franchise. You can also watch Disney Channel shows from the ’90s as well as more recent programming. A few original programs are available.
What is the Disney Plus bundle?
For $12.99 a month, you can get Disney Plus bundled with Hulu and ESPN Plus. If you are already a customer of Hulu or ESPN Plus, you can still get the bundle without canceling your current subscription.
What devices does Disney Plus support?
You can stream Disney Plus through most mobile devices, many smart TVs and some gaming systems, including Xbox One and PlayStation 4. You can also stream Disney Plus using Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick and Google Chromecast products.

Is Disney Plus worth it?

If you’re an avid Disney fan, we think Disney Plus is worth it. The Disney Plus service is great for families and anyone else looking for access to a large variety of nostalgic television and film. The monthly fee is low compared with other popular streaming services and provides access to exclusive Disney content.

Disney Plus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Plus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Plus?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

The absolute worst streaming app and website that exists. I'm including Pureflix, College Humor, Twitch, any and all of them. The app doesn't work at all (crashes on starting) on many android phones and it has been this way for years, yet they haven't fixed it. Secondly, HOW IS THERE NO MINIPLAYER OR PICTURE IN PICTURE?? YouTube, Twitch, Netflix, Prime; all the streaming sites have it but this one? How are they such a huge and wealthy company with an awful product, one that is the exclusive source of many shows that millions of people watch?

Third, on desktop you will often just get a black screen instead of the website loading properly. Apparently, this can happen because of ad blockers, VPN's, or for no good reason at all. A company that tries to squash VPN use in particular is unbelievably greedy and doomed to fail. They are used for privacy and many other perfectly legitimate reasons.

Fourth, they took a bunch of very popular shows off of other websites and television stations so they'd have them exclusively, then they don't even let you sign up from many (most?) countries or have a functioning service. I'm honestly shocked that so many people I knew had Disney Plus, can't imagine why anyone would pay for this. Oh, and also, they're now starting to charge you to watch their content WITH ADS. These companies try to lure you in with decent prices or free streaming with ads, then slowly raise them until you're paying as much as you did before but now have to watch ads on top of it. No justification for this.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

I wanted to subscribe to Hulu and then learned that I could subscribe as a bundle with my premium Disney Plus account so I did. I was unable to sign in to my account then paid for hulu in addition to save myself the headache. I was not able to sign in- as the account email was already associated with my actual account so I contacted their telephone support. They were unable to help me out let alone speak the english language and I was hung up on. I am canceling my subscription and will just borrow passwords from friends. Nice work guys.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Horrible customer service. Twice I have contacted support and neither time could they fix the problem. The second time after two multi hour sessions on chat, I told them if they could not fix the problem they should refund my yearly subscription and cancel the account. So they cancelled the account and refunded a pro-rated amount. ** idiots. They just gave up! There is an obvious software problem with updating profiles which apparently, they refuse to fix which gives a minor primary account access to change anything.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

My Disney Plus account hacked and used by bunch of kids half way around the world in a different country. Disney won’t refund any money. They did not even know that it was hacked and won’t even accept it - claiming that they can only see the activity in my account for past 30 days. No refund possible.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

The bundle billing is incredibly confusing. I was using ESPN+ and Hulu before Disney Plus even came out. I then got the bundle to try it out. Disney+ is useless except for kids so eventually I try to cancel. I was being charged across multiple cards for the one bundle for no reason and they couldn't figure out what charge was for what service. I wanted to keep hulu and espn+ but they couldn't figure it out so I canceled them all. Horrible experience. STAY AWAY!!!!

Original review: July 17, 2022

Worst streaming service ever - continuously buffers and then crashes with error 83 - this happens multiple times a day when TRYING to watch a show. This matter has been reported by numerous people, yet Disney does NOTHING to resolve the quality. Sub-contracting a company in India to run the service on your behalf does not absolve you from fixing your errors or your customer complaints falling on deaf ears. You will follow the same path as Netflix with a downward subscriber trajectory if you don't do something about this. And yes, my device is compatible! Also fix the feature when the next episode starts, that it does not jump out from full screen view + if we had something play and want to rewatch it, we do not have to start the episode at the end and manually click on the start of the episode to rewatch.

Original review: July 8, 2022

My son is only 7 years old and he has autism and he absolutely loves the Disney Plus app on our tv. I pay $10 every month just for him to enjoy this app. I also have it downloaded on his tablet so he can watch the app anytime he wants on his tablet. It's easy to navigate. He loves it. I grew up watching Disney. I'm 44 years old and I absolutely love Disney. I love their cartoons. I love the old Disney movies. It's timeless. It's classic. It's wonderful. But Disney has changed. It's changed with the times of this recent trend for homosexuality to be so open. And I'm not. It's been a busy week. I hope you're taking good care of yourself saying that people should not have a choice to do what they want in their life as adults. But my huge serious ginormous concern is Disney is putting homosexual cartoons in front of my little boy's eyes.

There is a cartoon titled "OUT" AND I NOTICED MY SON HAD BEEN WATCHING IT!!! I clicked on it and it's about a gay man coming out to his family about being in a sexual relationship with another male. How is this appropriate Disney? My son is 7 years old!!!! And I want to know why Disney has this in front of little kid's eyes? Who decided to put this garbage in front of my child's eyes???? I know that I probably won't make a difference or get a response from Disney. But I'm going to be canceling my service and I encourage all other parents to cancel your service if they don't remove the homosexual cartoons from the app. I am also going to be creating a petition and I will be circulating it on Facebook for all parents to sign and then once it's signed and I've reached a thousand signatures or more I'm going to be sending it to Disney to have them remove that Out cartoon from the app. That is not appropriate for a little boy to be watching.

Keep your sexuality to yourself. I am a heterosexual woman. But I don't make cartoons about it for my son to watch. Disney is supposed to reflect childhood innocence and and being a kid. Never have I ever as a child seen any Disney movie that talked about sex. Or sexuality or Identity or gender or none of that. How confusing is this for children today? I feel so sorry for them. You people need to keep your private business to yourself. And Disney you should be ashamed of yourself. I can tell that new corporate people are running this app now because 50 years ago this would have never been on TV. I think Walt Disney would be appalled!!!! SHAME ON YOU DISNEY PLUS. GET RID OF THE INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT. YOU ARE HARMING OUR CHILDREN.

Original review: June 24, 2022

American living in Germany. Have always enjoyed Disney movies and subscribed for a taste of home. They get your with the exclusive content but it's a garbage product. The actual streaming service works maybe 20% of the time. In a world where Netflix exists, the comparison is atrocious. Don't bother.

Original review: May 27, 2022

1st of all, there is no option button to start from beginning, you have to make sure you play the program all the way to the very end if you want to re-watch it. 2nd, If you are a Starwars fan like me (saw the very 1st one, A New Hope in a movie theater), it's a huge middle finger to those fans whose loyalty stood the test of time. Any new series or Starwars movies will only be on Disney + and not in theaters for ALL to enjoy (movies), so fans are being forced to subscribe to a greedy company who doesn't understand the words fan and loyalty. 3rd, limited unoriginal programming. 4th, if you are a parent, then the kids stuff is cool but only for kids who are 10 and younger. 5th, don't agree with the subliminal messaging about hate, racism, gender neutral and homosexuality.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Disney Plus must be a very desperate company for $$$$. I stupidly took out a one year sub and used it ZERO times - NOTHING to watch if you don't have toddlers. Anyway, I ate that cost but then it auto renewed - I contacted company the same day and they refused refund!!!! Wow - I have never had that happen! Like I am going to let $134 slide. Anyway, I contacted my payment service who will hopefully take care of it. This is an act of desperation by a company trying to be greedy. It will only impact my willingness to subscribe to other services if I have to go through this hassle.

Disney Plus Company Information