3.5/5 (89 ratings)

About Disney Plus

Disney Plus is a subscription streaming service that offers ad-free, Disney-owned programming on demand. Disney Plus includes access to classic and modern films and television shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the Star Wars franchise and National Geographic.

Pros

• Exclusive access to content
  • Family-friendly programming
  • Low monthly fee

Cons

• Limited original programming

Bottom Line

Disney Plus is a streaming service offering titles from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and more at a low cost.

What is Disney Plus?

Disney Plus is a digital streaming service similar to Netflix or Hulu but focused entirely on Disney programming. The platform includes movies and shows from Disney’s extensive catalog of box office films, which includes titles from Disney’s Pixar and Marvel studios, modern and nostalgic television series and original programming.

For a monthly fee, you get access to the collection to stream as many titles as you want.

Disney Plus devices

Disney Plus is compatible with multiple browsers, devices and smart TVs, including:

• Android phones and tablets
  • Apple iPhones and iPads
  • Amazon Fire Tablets
  • Android TVs
  • LG Smart TVs with webOS
  • Samsung Tizen TVs
  • Amazon Fire TV
  • Apple AirPlay
  • Apple TV (4th generation and later)
  • Google Chromebooks
  • Google Chromecast
  • Roku
  • Sony PlayStation 4
  • Vizio SmartCast TV
  • Xbox One

Disney Plus content

The Disney Plus lineup has many titles from Disney and Pixar, including the popular Marvel and Star Wars franchises and National Geographic programming. Disney Plus also offers a small but expanding selection of original programming.

Disney Plus movies

Disney Plus is full of classic films and new favorites. All of the films popularly known as Disney Princess movies are on full display, as are other animated classics like “The Lion King,” “Lady and the Tramp,” “Alice in Wonderland,” “Lilo and Stitch” and “Hercules.”

Disney also quickly released many recent films to the platform, including the live-action versions of “The Lion King” and “Aladdin” and the much-anticipated “Frozen II.” The platform also offers the entire Star Wars franchise.

Disney Princess movies on Disney Plus
Disney Plus offers the entire catalog of the Disney Princess movies from Snow White to Frozen. The Disney Princess series includes:
  • Aladdin
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Snow White
  • Tangled
Marvel movies on Disney Plus
While the platform doesn’t yet have the entire Marvel catalog, they do have quite a few top picks from the MCU, including the four Avengers movies. Other Marvel movies on the service include:
  • Ant-Man
  • Thor
  • Thor: Ragnarok
  • Thor: The Dark World
Disney Plus original movies

Disney Plus also offers original movies. While the original programming is currently limited compared to other popular streaming platforms like Netflix and Hulu, there are plans to expand and develop the lineup of originals. Current original movies include:

• Diving with Dolphins
  • Stargirl
  • Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made
  • Togo

Disney Plus shows

Shows streaming on Disney Plus include popular animated series like “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” “Muppet Babies” and “Winnie the Pooh” for younger audiences. The service also gives you access to many throwback favorites from the ’90s and ’00s, such as “Kim Possible,” “Doug” and “Recess.”

Millennials may appreciate the full lineup of other old-school Disney favorites, including “Hannah Montana,” “Boy Meets World,” “Lizzie McGuire” and “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.”

Newer shows include “The Mandalorian,” a Disney Plus original, Marvel’s “Runaways” and the short-lived “Agent Carter.” Other original shows include:

• Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
  • Diary of a Future President
  • The World According to Jeff Goldblum
  • Pick of the Litter
  • Marvel’s Hero Project

Disney Plus price

Disney Plus costs $6.99 per month. You can also pay $69.99 for an annual subscription, which saves you about $14.

For more variety, sign up for the Disney Plus bundle for $12.99 a month, which includes access to Hulu and ESPN Plus.

If you want to test the waters first, Disney Plus’s free trial is seven days long and includes unrestricted access to all content. You must enter a credit card number to start the free trial, and you’re automatically charged if you don’t cancel before the trial ends.

How to sign up for Disney Plus

To sign up for Disney Plus, visit the service’s website and follow the guided instructions. Sign-up is simple and should take less than five minutes. You need a credit card, and you must decide if you want to be billed monthly or annually.

Disney Plus FAQ

How long is the Disney Plus free trial?
The Disney Plus free trial is seven days long.
What can you watch on Disney Plus?
Disney Plus offers hundreds of titles, including Disney’s and Pixar’s classic animated films, films from the Star Wars franchise and many movies from the Marvel franchise. You can also watch Disney Channel shows from the ’90s as well as more recent programming. A few original programs are available.
What is the Disney Plus bundle?
For $12.99 a month, you can get Disney Plus bundled with Hulu and ESPN Plus. If you are already a customer of Hulu or ESPN Plus, you can still get the bundle without canceling your current subscription.
What devices does Disney Plus support?
You can stream Disney Plus through most mobile devices, many smart TVs and some gaming systems, including Xbox One and PlayStation 4. You can also stream Disney Plus using Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick and Google Chromecast products.

Is Disney Plus worth it?

If you’re an avid Disney fan, we think Disney Plus is worth it. The Disney Plus service is great for families and anyone else looking for access to a large variety of nostalgic television and film. The monthly fee is low compared with other popular streaming services and provides access to exclusive Disney content.

Disney Plus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Plus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney Plus?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I wanted to sign up for Disney +. Filled out the form and ready to go for it, yearly fee. The website hung me up on the "Zip Code!" I tried many time and the site wouldn't let me check the subscription. Maybe force me to use Paypal so it's hard to cancel IDK.? Kinda pisses me off!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Disney Plus works fine but Hulu & ESPN+ works horrible. Every time you are watching a show it keeps freezing. Hulu always gives an error message. You call customer service for Hulu and they tell you to call Disney. I have enjoyed the shows on Hulu but can't never get through a whole show without it freezing and same watching ESPN+.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Signed up for bundle through wireless provider. I had a HULU account under a different Email which I had cancelled months ago. Went to activate in bundle under my new Email, would not even recognize the bundle Email. Only lets me log in under old Email and asks for payment. Disney tech support totally useless. Did not help one bit. No solutions, not even a suggestion.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I signed up for Disney Bundle. No problem logging in to Disney +. Tried using link to activate Hulu only to be directed to sign up and select Disney Bundle on Hulu. ESPN+ signed in, and only get error. Have had to remove and add ESPN 3 times and still not able to see anything because of APP error. Credit card bill comes in - charged by both Disney and Hulu for the Bundle. Finally track down help/customer service with Hulu. They get Disney on line - tell me they will drop Disney and refund charge. Received refund for $5.80 for no ad add-on. Then 1/2 hour later emails received. Hulu canceled (no refund), Disney canceled (no refund). Paid monthly fee twice for 1 week of 2/3 service. I will not reactivate either.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

First person kept me on phone over an hour. Sitting on hold for the THIRD time I got hung up on. Second person hung up on me in less than five minutes. Third person was the RUDEST person I have EVER ENCOUNTERED. Told me to delete everything and download it all again. "Only thing you can do" after two other reps actually TRIED to resolve the issue. But then they both HUNG UP ON ME! My only day off, on the phone over TWO hours, now I'm told to delete everything and download it all again! My downloads disappeared from the app. Shows nothing downloaded! Still taking up space on iPad. This is the FOURTH time in the last month I have had issues with my downloads!! Tried to talk to somebody live on chat and got disconnected from them as well! WORST SERVICE EVER. If I hadn't made the mistake of paying for a year I would cancel.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

This has been the best app for my family. It literally has everything for everyone so no one is left out. All of my favorite classics are included with the new modem shows that my toddler loves. I would recommend this app to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Disney Plus is more than just a child's app. It has most of the Marvel movies... It has National Geographic series, movies, and specials. It has ancient times, world times, ocean stuff... Disney, Pixar, and Star War movies. The categories are so cool. You can even view stuff "inspired by books", which I love. Musical, Animated, Action, Adventure... Disney channel favorite shows and series.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Disney already makes an insane amount of money, now they have a streaming service which you pay a monthly fee for but now they also managed to find a loophole not only do you need the streaming service but their new movies require extra money. If we are paying a monthly fee why can’t it be like Netflix that you can see everything in their service. This is the big let down I have with Disney. It makes them look less family friendly and more corporate greedy mongers.

Original review: July 31, 2021

When using Android tablet to watch Disney Plus streaming app, not matter what is recommended by the customer service people, it would not connect. PS4 seems to just got fixed, and Firestick 4K sometimes connects and sometimes does not, but Android app, Unable to connect to Disney Plus service.

Original review: July 25, 2021

Doesn't have The Boatniks and other Disney comedies available to paying customers. I know Disney has many more titles under its control that they not providing to their paying customers. They available on other sites if you pay for them. There is a lot of new junk that's not worth watching.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Our review of Disney Plus... We tried the service for 2 months after much hype. Not satisfied. 6 weeks later we decided to move on and cancel. The selections are very, very limited and all becomes boring with virtually no change in new content. Free Roku has a much better selection always changing content as a good option. Many other free options are available that are better than Disney Plus. Definitely much better out there. Check all your options.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I signed up, that was the only thing that worked. After that I was emailed useless links that did not work but they won't turn on your account until you use their links even though they already billed you for it. Then I try and raise customer service and get the endless run around trying to get help but being stuck in a useless artificial intelligence. After forever screaming at the artificial intelligence trying to get a real person I finally get a real person only to have them tell me I need to give them a new email if I want to sign up. Good thing filing a credit card fraud report is nowhere near this hard because they are total scam artists!!!

Original review: June 3, 2021

I thought I was watching a cute animated short film. Suddenly something sickening happened. Out of the blue. So sad and disturbing. I wanted to vomit. I can't imagine a child coming across this. Children shouldn't learn about dog fighting or the mistreatment of animals in such a shocking, no warning kind of way. This is terrible. As an adult I don't appreciate what this content did to me, and for Disney to have it . . . My child will never watch Disney. Shame on you all.

Original review: May 6, 2021

Can you imagine watching a show that has several year history with 14 or so shows per season and having the show pulled while you're streaming it? This is what happened to us and several other people. There was NO explanation and no prior notice, just no show. This happened as well to movies that they "think" can simply be removed without informing consumers. This is a brand new streaming services, we get that. However, they OWN Hulu and Hulu has alerts to let you know when a show/movie/series will be pulled. So does Pluto, Crackle, Tubi, Roku and so many other free services, as well as premium services. It is called caring for your subscribers.

Secondly and to me even as frustrating is that Disney is "touching up" all their animation, all voices they 'don't like', basically making their shows unwatchable once done. They took away most of their "multiplane" movies, flattened them for 4 G and it now is unwatchable. Some of the voices have been sped up, other's changed altogether. It IS horrible. The Wonderful World of Disney (and it's 26 years on TV) is almost nonexistent and listed under "opening day at Disneyland" to find what seems to be left of what they have, nowhere else. Want to watch classic Disney is now mostly being sent to HOOPLA and other streaming access set up by libraries, so we know there are more videos that Disney isn't bothering to give us access to.

This is crazy. We are paying for the channel! As for $6.99 consider cheap as a streaming service, can I remind you that there are still other streaming opportunities that are just as "cheap" that offer better services and at least will let you know when the shows are going to be pulled, and don't play around with the videos. Lastly, National Geo is a NIGHTMARE for any parent that wants to show nature shows, unless they want PTSD for their children and nightmares. This channel has gone into every show about aggression of animals and how they kill, which isn't what GEO is supposed to be about. (My degree is in anthropology, so I have some idea of their history, okay?) They need to do better and at least be there for their consumers.

Original review: March 28, 2021

While Disney Plus offers lots of access to their content they've produced over the ages (which is great), there is a new theme emerging that is troubling. Disney Plus is starting to introduce homosexual themed content intended for children to watch and have exposure to. I understand homosexuality is a complex social issue, but Disney should NOT be taking it upon themselves to expose and indoctrinate children to this kind of behavior via animation. For thousands of years, the traditional family has been the fundamental unit of society and teaching young children that these societal trends are ever changing only creates more questions and confusion, especially inside homes where traditional Judeo-Christian family values are taught.

Parents should decide when and how to have these conversations with their children, NOT Disney Plus. If this kind of content continues for Disney Plus as the push to make homosexual relationships the new normal in all their content, I will be cancelling my subscription and I would encourage any and all who share these same traditional family values to do the same.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I paid for a year of service, week 2 and I still can't watch a movie without an error code interrupting our movie. Customer service is horrid at resolving such issues, and blame my 100mb per sec isp. We haven't been able to watch anything without it buffering, till it error codes out.

Original review: March 15, 2021

I prepaid for 3 years for Disney+. I later added the Hulu and ESPN+ bundle that was supposed to add $6/month to my bill (per their advertising). After my free Verizon period ended my bill went up $3.07. When I was talking to the online representative I had to ask for a supervisor multiple times. They would not honor the prepaid period, and said that they would take my prepayment and spread it over the 3 years. When I finally got the supervisor on the chat he was not helpful at all either. The content on Disney+ is ok, but when you compare to other providers, and having several service providers available, we can’t pay for them all (nor do we need them). The under $4/month was reasonable, but the way they handled my account was not. Check your bills.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I purchased subscription and noticed limited movie selections. I attempted to cancel subscription online and was not able to. Received notice that cost would be increasing also. I called customer service and states not able to cancel due to purchase through Roku however there are no active subscriptions. Disney Plus states not able to help period.

Original review: March 2, 2021

As everyone is aware, Disney Plus increased their rate starting February 23rd. I subscribed on February 22nd around 6:30pm, my account wasn't billed until 00:33am the 23rd (6 hours later) so they could charge me the new higher rate. Business ethics would dictate that I could sign up at 11:59pm on the 22nd and still get the old rate. Not with these guys. I opened a request online and was told someone would email me and I would get a survey to fill out regarding how my request was handled. No contact from Disney. Very disappointed that a company with a family reputation like Disney would purposely cheat me out of money and then ignore me.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Tonight I called Disney Plus and talked to a rep named Shaquiah in North Carolina. After a frustrating 35 minutes on the phone with her she told me that Disney Plus doesn't seem to be compatible with my smart TV. I find that very surprising and don't believe that my 4K LG smart TV is unable to download the Disney Plus app. I already have Netflix and some other apps downloaded, but when I typed in Disney Plus the app didn't populate. My keyboard menu on the TV doesn't have the actual "+" sign. She said without that symbol I can't download Disney Plus. Other info she gave me seemed very suspicious as well. She told me that Disney Plus doesn't have and has never offered a 7-day free trial. However, right on their website they mention a 7-day free trial. She also said the price per month in Cdn. dollars has always been $8.99, even though a co-worker said he had Disney Plus 4 months ago for $6.99 (and the rate is listed as $6.99 on their website).

On top of this, she told me that I could fill out a short survey at the end of the call but the call went dead right after she hung up and no survey has ever been offered to me. She also told me that a manager would attempt to contact me at some point at my request, but with all the other misinformation she has given me I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to do so. And on top of this I told her at the beginning of the call that if there were some technical issues preventing the app to download to my TV I would not be purchasing the app. She agreed to this and assured me I wouldn't be billed if the app didn't work. And I asked her several times if she would cancel the amount I would be charged ($8.99) as I realized I wouldn't be able to download the app soon after giving my credit card number information.

She assured me repeatedly I definitely would not be billed. Minutes later I checked my credit card statement and there is an $8.99 amount charge from Disney Plus. I will not be paying this and will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I thought Disney ran a much more professional organization than this, but it seems they don't care too much about customer service or honesty.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

My daughter rec'd a subscription for Disney Plus streaming from her Aunt on her birthday. When we tried setting it up on her smart tv, it wouldn't take the codes sent by email. My sister is in S.C. We are in Ca.. Called for help, was hung up on 4 times after 10+ min holds each time! Finally get a rep, spend over 30 min on the phone trying to resolve. He then contacts tech support! I thought I already had tech support, that's who I called! They advise him to tell me to run a systems speed test with IT directions.

Hello?...Just trying to get the gift my daughter got working, not reoverhaul my entire laptop! And what does that have to do with the television I'm trying to add it to? Every link they sent with the subscription went to a black, blank Disney page. Everyone, including the cancel subscription option! Having my sister call her credit card company to stop payment. At this point I don't trust Disney to do it from their end. We check links from other emails, they were fine. So this is on the Disney Plus end.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I have never been able to receive surround sound with Disney Plus, even though I can with every other streaming service. After calling in month after month with their technical support saying they were aware of the issue and it is not yet resolved, they awarded a free month to me and said they would contact me with a resolution. Today, 9 months later, I called in to ask why my subscription was automatically being renewed and I was told that the free month was never awarded and I would not get it. I asked why nobody contacted me like they said they would and they said they closed the file months ago without informing me. Terrible tech support, terrible customer service and a rude and abrupt telephone representative. What a terrible experience in every way with your streaming service. Do not expect anything added to what they already have on their service. Netflix is 1000% better.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Purchased 3 years of service. It was put in hold because Verizon offered a free year. Then Verizon offered it included it in their service for good. Called to request refund, approved but never got it.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

We have had a Disney Plus subscription for six months. When Mulan came out, we were anxious to watch it. We were on the DisneyPlus site where we paid $29.99 using the account information and credit card on file in order to watch Mulan. The Disneyplus offer was that we would be able to watch Mulan more than once. We have gone back to the DisneyPlus site to rewatch it and have been unable to unless we again pay $29.99. I finally called DisneyPlus customer support. I was on the phone for 1 hour and 13 minutes. They are unable to do anything to help. They agree that they have our money, (I produced our credit card statement) but they said I would need to contact Roku and ask for a refund and then start over. This should be between Disney and Roku. It is not our issue. I am very disappointed that DisneyPlus refuse to correct this.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Disney Plus offers a bundle with HULU and ESPN. I was double billed and the wait time is over 40 minutes on any given day. I ended up having to "chat" with an agent who was not useful at all. HULU was the same, no personal service, no accountability. As a business owner, you are only as good as your customer service team. I ended up canceling the so-called bundle. I have an 11 month old grand-daughter. She loved watching Disney. We will just stick to Sesame Street. I wouldn't recommend Disney Plus to my friends.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I love Disney+. My 5 year old loves it. I love it because of the content and not worrying about what he may or may not see. He loves it because he feels the channel only applies to him and was made for him and he can pause/replay or stop at anytime. The movies are great!

Original review: June 18, 2020

I love Disney Plus! There is an amazing variety of movies & shows. If I'm in the mood for a great memory I can watch a movie from my childhood. There are some that are so special to me. Including the original Parent Trap. Such great memories with that movie. Also, if there are movies I've missed out on I can watch those. For instance, I was not able to go to the theaters when the new Aladdin movie came out. It was awesome to get to watch it in the comfort of my home. Popped popcorn, had snacks. It was great, lol. Love the variety. It's nice to be able to view movies when I want and according to what I'm in the mood for. Thumbs up!

Original review: June 17, 2020

Quality is great, many 4k movies. Almost all Disney movies on it plus Star Wars, Marvel and Pixar. Since launch they didn't seem to add much new content, not at the rate of other streaming services. I get it is cheaper than others, but I just wish for more newer original content. Really great for kids.

Original review: June 15, 2020

The selection of videos and series is sufficient and tends to increase within a 1-3 month period adding new content. However, I've had multiple issues where Disney error message occurs during playback. This ends up with completely logging out and back in or watching program at a later time.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Great for families with kids! And I personally got it being a Star Wars fan, and wanted to see the Mandolorian. Just wish there was more content- Same for Nat Geo- Great programming, but short of content.

Disney Plus Company Information