1.78/5
Based on 63 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

80 Coca-Cola Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The new formula tastes horrible and had I known that they did this I certainly would not have wasted my hard earned money buying their drinks. The last time they tried this with new Coke it bombed and I went back when they changed the formula back. I have been drinking Coke products for over 40 years and I will no longer buy any of their products because they are no longer a trustworthy company. How can they print Original Taste on their products when they changed the formula?? If there is a class action lawsuit, I'm all on board!! Their product is horrible and their packaging is misleading. I will never spend another penny on their product, so I hope their targeted market does them well, because they have just lost all of their most loyal coke drinkers!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Coke is one of my go-to products when I opt to drink pop. I only like two kinds of pop, and since I cannot drink an entire can at one sitting, I normally purchase bottles. So, I had a 16.9 fl oz bottle in the fridge to chill for lunch. After a couple bites of my sandwich, I took a large swallow of coke and spit it out into the sink. Then I smelled the product left in the bottle and it smelled as well as tasted like some kind of cleaning chemicals. I don’t think I will open the other bottles. Maybe I will just throw them all away. Very disappointed in this product. I have never had a problem in the past. I really do like original Coke, but I think that this experience will put me off pop for a while.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

The bottles in a 24 bottle case are always falling out. Poorly packed. I love the water but the cases need to be made better. I usually buy the water at a Target or Walmart and a lot of the cases are just totally torn and ripped apart. The other water products from other companies are intact.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I'm done with buying Coke. All the coke 12pk cans I buy are flat... It's ridiculous. My theory is that the coke is stored in a hot environment. Their response to complaints was for me to write down the codes from the cans, from the box. It's pretty simple, ALL the coke I buy in Maricopa County is Flat! Why can't they figure out where it's made.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I got a feeling Coke is cutting cost after Trump hike. The fizz in bottle last all day but in the can soon as you open one about 10 mins later it flat. For 8 dollars 24 pack I think you should try plastic can.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coca-Cola Company?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We have been using reg Coke and diet caffeine free Coke for many years mixing it with our rum. The last year or so, the fizz has really gotten bad, hardly any the last several months, I watch the expiration dates very close as soda usually is pretty flat when close to expiration date much less past it. This is understandable. But we don't understand when date is 2 months out. Our drinks just aren't the same. Pepsi is too sweet but might have to give it another try and Coke has been terrible, taste and fizz. Please bring back some decent Coke.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I’ve drank Coke all my life but in the last year I never know when I buy a case of cokes if they’re going to taste like Coke or taste flat. I’ve even tried going by expiration dates and I still never know what I’m going to get. I can’t tell you how many 20 packs of Coke I’ve thrown away???

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I love the lime ginger Diet Coke. It is more expensive than regular but I save it for a treat so that is ok. I have lost two cans out of 8 because they exploded. The first exploded when I dropped the box with cans on the floor. Ok, maybe a fluke. I was just now moving the cans around the fridge and bumped one against the shelf and Coke spewing everywhere. Why are the cans so cheap and flimsy?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

For the second time in a week, I have choked on long thin hard strips of plastic while drinking Coke from the can. This time I managed to cough it back up before it went all the way down but the first time it happened last week, I swallowed it and it cut my throat badly going down, it hurt really bad for days. I didn’t know what it was the first time but knew it came from the can immediately after I stalled it, then today, there was not one but two very long pieces inside the can as well as one stuck to the outside of another from the same pack. This is very dangerous and needs to be investigated by Coca Cola before someone gets seriously injured from it.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I heard you are thinking of raising the price of Coke and all Coke products. Isn't your products already expensive enough now??? I can go to 7-11 and it costs $2 for a lousy small plastic bottle of Coke that tastes flat…now you want to raise the prices again? If I want to buy a 12 pack of Coke in cans it now costs $5 for just 12 cans of soda!!! If there is a sale at the grocery store they usually make you buy 4 12 packs of cans to get the deal. Because your products are getting too expensive and you really do not have the best interests in mind for your consumers I am going to have to stop drinking your products. I have not really been too thrilled with Coke products in the last 10 years anyways and it seems as though you’re no longer focusing on new soda products, Coke is now focusing on raising prices.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Why do the bottles and cans say the words "Original Taste" on them??? This is not the original taste we grew up with! This is high fructose corn syrup taste. The original taste tasted different than the taste today... so why are you lying to consumers??? The original taste would include the original ingredients... like sugar! I am going to drink Pepsi from now on because do not lie to their customers.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Last night I ordered food with my roommates and we got three cans of Diet Coke. I was so thirsty when I opened it I almost finished half of it immediately. While drinking it I noticed there was hardly any flavor or sweetness at all, but it looked normal was still very fizzy, like a lot more fizzy than normal. We then opened the second and third cans and we had the same problem. It almost tasted more like mineral water that sat next to a Diet Coke. It was just a huge bummer because we normally don’t have extra money to spend on soda or take out often at all so we were really looking forward to it.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I am happy you have the names and words on the Coke cans again... but why are they in silver? I can barely read what it says!!! Everyone else says the same thing. I also noticed the text with names and messages is white in every other country... why is it silver in America??? I actually have to go online to purposely buy cans from another country because in America (where Coke is located) the text is in silver!!! Why have you been doing you do this?

Original review: March 19, 2018

The company boasts the same great rewards for product code as before they restructured their “new & improved incentives” program. Nope. They offer nothing now. Occasionally you'll see 1 or 2 actual rewards (pathetic ones) but for the most part its sweepstakes that you & I both know the chances of winning are slim to none. I wouldn’t be surprised if no one actually won. It’s just absolutely not worth the effort or time in entering the product codes anymore. Very disappointing. They still want your business but no longer want to reward you for giving it to them.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I've had Five 12 Oz. cans explode when dropped over the last year. Can thickness has gotten way too thin. If you hit the can even slightly with a sharp object it will puncture it. Over the past year we've had several orders with leaking cans in the 12 packs. I love Coke but with them trying to save a fraction of a cent on a can has destroyed the product. Not worth the time cleaning up after them.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Flat 12 oz. Diet Coke and 16.9 oz. Original Coke - Over the past three months since Thanksgiving, about 10% of the bottles of Coke I have purchased have been flat upon opening. I am careful not to buy expired stock and the dead one, here on my desk at the moment, has a freshness date of February 12 and the cap seal had not been broken. All have been purchased from Publix and Kroger Food Stores in the Smyrna, TN area.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I love Coca Colas, but lately just about every 12 oz bottle I’ve opened to drink is flat, watery and a little too sweet. I don’t know whether they’ve changed the formula or what but I’m pouring off it down the drain than I’m drinking. I complained to the company and got NO response. This is so frustrating; but I guess it’s time to give up my favorite Cola!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I bought a Coke at local gas station at about 7pm, it was evening and dark, got back in car with wife. I was thirsty so I open top. Note, I always listen for lock tabs if anything I open that I do not hear lock tabs I will throw away. The lock tabs broke and I took a big drink. Told wife, Angie, it didn't taste strong or funny so she took a sip and agreed, so I figured it was weak but ok. A minute later while getting on Interstate 55 I took another drink and something hit my lips from inside Coke, so I blowed what was in my mouth out the window, waiting to get home to see what was in Coke. Bright lights showed a white looking small square flat piece of something about 1/8 in square, and several floating brown/white almost round pieces of something. Holding up to light you can see different colors of stuff floating in bottle.

That's not all, there is also some small particles of hair chunks. Needless to say I was vomiting all night. My problem is I want to know what I have drinked that is in my body now. What kind of disease I might have in future. Zoom in on jpg the last three numbers are 490 and you can see hair ball where I got it to stick to inside plastic bottle. That's just nasty. You know what I think it is.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I purchase the 12 can package of 12 oz Coca-Cola at our local Kroger Supermarket for $4.99. In the last 6 months I have noticed that I get at least 1 damaged Coke can. This week I got 3 damage coke cans. That means out of 12 cans of coke I have to throw away 3, so I really only purchased 9 cans. This ridiculous. What can I do, and what does Coke plan to do about their packaging? This is very costly.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Coke Zero cans leaked: I was walking up my basement stairs and noticed a caramel-colored puddle at the point where a 12-pack of Coke cans was standing. I brought the dripping carton into my kitchen and found that the cans were all empty to various degrees from totally empty to almost full. I am nearly three-quarters of a century old and have never experienced this phenomenon before.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I bought this brand because it was from LA. I fail to read the label, salt is labeled in the ingredients. My ankles kept swelling at work, the more water I drank the swelling got worst. My cardiologist even ran test to make sure I didn't have a blood clot. My daughter told me to look on the label, after that I stopped drinking that brand. My ankles quit swelling completely, with my same activities. I can't say you didn't clearly have it on the label, but just want you to know this water can cause health problems. Thanks for letting me make my comment.

Original review: April 30, 2017

On Saturday evening 4.29.17 I ordered a "Mexican coke" aka a bottle of Coca-Cola from a local taco restaurant in Chicago (Big Star) via food delivery service DoorDash. Upon taking a sip (after drinking about half of the soda already) I felt a half inch long solid object pour into my mouth directly from the Coca-Cola bottle. The number on the bar code of the individual bottle is 0-49000-00463-2. The foreign object is a half inch long, slender piece of black plastic which resembles half of a standard clothing button. I am grateful I did not choke, since I am home alone. Since it is almost midnight in Chicago I will contact the customer service number (1-800) 438-2653 tomorrow to complain.

Original review: March 21, 2017

So I own a local business and about a year ago we decided to start carrying soft drinks. A Coca Cola representative came into our business and was offering fairly low pricing to get everything started so we decided to go with Coke. The first month or two, everything was fine. Then I noticed the orders would come days after they were supposed to. I really didn't think much of it, but as time goes on they now either don't come at all or they show up very late and missing a good bit of the products I ordered! I've call several times to complain and it's never helped.

A few times when I've called they have actually deactivated my account! I've decided I'm going to place a very very small order every month or two, just so that I can keep the free cooler. As for the rest of my products, I've been going to SAM's Club and getting a MUCH better price and not nearly as much hassle! I hope this review helps at least one person to avoid Coke or do what I'm doing, that way they're not completely messing with your business!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

Please check your soda for a fizz that won't stop and smell the liquid. It will smell like burnt aluminum. For me I bought a half case from a store in Washington state in September 2014 and that night at home at room temperature I opened a can out of the half case of Coke Classic and only had one drink and the taste was bad. So I went to my sink and sat the can in it and it was boiling out of the can. So I contacted Coke and they told me I should be fine by morning. The can had pushed over half of the soda out of the top of the can and Coke called me and asked to get the can to have it inspected. So they came and got it from me and in a few days called me to let me know their machine that sprays the liner into the cans had plugged up and was sorry. And after that Coke started calling me every other day to see how I was doing. Hmm? Makes you think "am I going to be ok?"

So I went to my doctor and had blood work, but let's back up to the second day. My tummy was not feeling good and I had a burning in my mouth and throat and went to my doctor and did a lot of tests and got sent to a ear nose and throat specialist and said chemical burns in my mouth and infected all the way down and everyday got worse. All the meds they gave me did not touch the hell I was going through. So I thought of my dad and the battery in the truck to stop the acid he would use baking soda and water. So I took some and WOW in just a few minutes the burning was almost gone but the damage was already done. So every day I would use baking soda and water but my tummy was infected so antibiotics and one treatment would not treat it so I had to do it twice. And my sight has been giving me some trouble since this and I have a list of issues wrong.

And after 6 months Coke stopped calling me and turned my case over to their insurance company. And it's been a little over 2 years now and they have not paid one cent for any medical treatments. And since this has happened I've lost my home my animals because it took me to walking with a cane just to get up and move around. And my wife and kids and I all live with her parents to help us out. One thing that goes through my mind is what about someone's kids that drink one of these and no one knows what's wrong because they told me they shipped out a whole allotment stores in the whole northwest.

The month after this all happened I went back to the store and bought another half case of the Coke Classic and I guess they did not recall any of the cans because I opened a few of the cans and found 4 of them that was bad and it upset me. I'm leaving a picture of one of the cans down below. I cut the top to look inside the can and after looking you will think twice before drinking out of the can again. And if I get a request to show some of the things wrong with me I can post them for you to see. I can go on and on about all the things that has gone wrong with my body since this but only if someone really wants to hear the whole story. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

My family drinks Coke on a daily basis. I literally buy a case every day and have always loved the taste and the fact that it doesn't go flat as fast, BUT recently within the past few months I have noticed that a lot of the cases I am buying have a slightly different taste and go flat A LOT faster. I can get a can out and it goes flat within the hour and used to I could leave a can sitting all day and it would still have its usual fizz. Now I am wasting so much that I am having to throw a lot away 'cause once it's flat I cannot handle the taste. The taste itself even seems different. It doesn't have as much of the familiar aftertaste.

Another problem I have encountered is the cans easily busting. I can barely touch the side of the table and it busts. The cases are made even cheaper but I can deal with all that. It's just the old familiar taste and the durability of fizz that's the problem. I understand that costs are up, but they are up for the consumers also. I have single-handedly played a part in the profit. Seeing that I literally spend HUNDREDS of dollars a month on Coke, and I feel like I and others deserve to at least have the same product because the taste and the fizz is one of the only reasons I buy it instead of other sodas. I thought maybe it was the store I got em from but I have bought it from different places at different times and still the same.

Every once in a blue moon we'll find some older product that is still the same great soda we all love but it's getting farther and fewer between. I mean, HAVE you truly been changing the ingredients or adding more water or is there just a bad batch that just happens to be still circulating? I just don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on something when it isn't what I love anymore. I'm afraid that doing this will hurt sales and profit even further and lead to even more cost cutting and ingredient changing, and if it gets any worse I'm going to have to change to something else which I really don't want to do but if it's going to keep getting more and more. Like the others why wouldn't I just go and buy a cheap off-brand 'cause as of now they keep fizz just as long. I hate to complain but I don't want to lose my favorite drink to budget cuts and just thought I would say that I CAN tell the difference.

Either there's a lot of workers dropping crates upon crates and shaking it up, or a bad batch has been distributed, OR ingredients HAVE indeed changed. Either way I thought you'd like to know so that maybe you could either fix the problem or figure out another solution that doesn't require changing the taste and the fizz factor that Coke became famous for. Thanks and have a great day. Oh and I didn't realize I needed a receipt so I do not have one on me at this time but I buy in Delbarton, Varney, Williamson WV and in S Williamson KY stores if that helps any at all.

Original review: June 30, 2016

Dasani is my favorite bottled water, but I just bought a case and something is wrong with all of the bottles. The plastic has a very weird sweet smell. It reminds me of really cheap fruit punch - just this nasty, sickly sweet smell. I can taste it, too. Don't know what happened to it, but it's gross.

Original review: June 19, 2016

I grew up with Coke and I will grow old with it. My family is addicted to Coke, and we cannot go by a day without having a taste of it. It's not healthy, of course, but it's delicious, like most other harmful stuff you would want to stay away from. But it's the most refreshing drink after eating. There's a weird kind of satisfaction when upon drinking and it gets on your throat and there's that slight roughness of the liquid passing through. This kind of feeling is uniquely given by Coke, not by any other soda. I also prefer its slightly less sweeter taste than Pepsi. It also does not have that bubblegum taste like RC or Pop Cola here in the Philippines.

I really liked the taste of the Vanilla Coke back then. I haven't seen it in the shelves of shops for a while. I've been told there are still some on sale in membership shopping stores. I most certainly don't play this way, but for Vanilla Coke, along with the cheap cost of imported booze in said stores, I might have to avail myself of the 'advantage' (forced to shop here than anywhere else instead) card.

Original review: June 19, 2016

While at a duty-free shop a few weeks back, I was surprised to find a green Coca-Cola can, a direct contrast to the red can I'm used to seeing Coca-Cola in. Curious as to what was new about this Coke Life, I grabbed a can and added it to my shopping cart. Coke Life was supposed to be a "healthier" version of the regular Coca-Cola having reduced calorie content since stevia was used to sweeten the drink.

I paired Coke Life with pizza afterward and it tasted great although not as fizzy as the regular Coke. I don't know about the reduced sugar 'cause it still tasted sweet. Then again, Stevia is a sweetener with no calories. I felt bad I didn't grab more can while I was at the store. Now my next aim is to hunt this product down in the various stores available in my city. I sure do hope I find one that offers it. Bummer.

Original review: June 10, 2016

I think I am addicted to Coke. I can't stop drinking it. There's something about it that makes me long for it whenever I'm having my meal. I've tasted a lot of soft drinks - Pepsi, Mug Root Beer, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, A&W, etc. but nothing beats the taste of Coke. It is the best tasting soda for me. On a hot day this is the ultimate comfort drink, especially here in the Philippines where it can get really really hot during summer. The only thing is, it's not the healthiest drink available in the market. If you are health conscious then I suggest stay away from Coke. It has a very high sugar content that could really be bad for you.

Original review: June 5, 2016

We've been using Coca-Cola's Wilkins Distilled Drinking water since 2013 especially for our children. I've never had any problems with this water. In fact, it is the most trusted brand by mommies and it is highly recommended by pediatricians. This brand is expensive, however, the water is soft and tastes good. The sizes are varied from the smallest that is 330 ml I think to the largest, that is the 5 gallon. I usually buy the bigger sizes for more savings. The only thing is, as compared to 2013, I don't know what happened but the plastic containers are now thinner.

Coca-Cola Company Information