Find an Online Dating Sites partner

Help me decide

3.6/5 (427 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Bumble

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Bumble Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I’ve subscribed to Bumble on and off for about 2 years. My number one complaint is that they hid your profile in order to keep you coming back. I got a number of swipes throughout my time on the app, most of the men are out of my range even though I set it for 50 miles. When my subscription is about to end, I will usually unsubscribe in advance even though it won’t end until the actual end date but what happens is you will suddenly stop getting any likes. I’ve tested this and driven to Los Angeles, Palm Springs, etc. and opened the app … Still not likes even though I get a lot but AS SOON as my my subscription actually ends all of a sudden 50+ LIKES show up but I cannot see then until I subscribe.

It’s a trick they use to keep you coming back. I sent them an email regarding this 3 times and they make lame excuses. For the past 2 weeks I’ve received maybe 2-3 likes but my subscription ended today and I now 50 LIKES have suddenly appeared that I cannot see. I refuse to allow Bumble to continue this unethical practice. Please don’t waste your money!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

So I was just getting into dating apps, I have no social media or anything. I spent $200 or so for the lifetime experience cause I thought to myself, maybe I might up using this app. Well the app was right swiping people I didn't like when I tried to swipe away, didn't allow me to state my personal preferences and what exactly I was looking for. To top it off it claimed it was hate speech. Just another app suckering up to the land wokeism agenda lead by the liberals in their lala land. I would not download this app or use the website, its bias for the people searching for others alongside nonrefundable? Purchases after you ban me, ban me with zero warning. Find a better website or app.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

I joined Bumble but found it too limited, very few new profiles and I kept getting a screen that said they would let me know when more people joined within my ranges. I decided to cancel but could not find the section to cancel recurring subscriptions, just deleting your profile alone does not do it as they keep charging your credit card. I am disgusted, and would not recommend, nor use this dating app ever again. You ought to be ashamed Bumble!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

This review is extremely honest, I have been on the app for approximately six years meeting people in different cities because I had a job that required me to be places all the time. After years of giving Bumble feedback, and them adjusting the app based off of my numerous emails and feedbacks I've come to the conclusion that Bumble is just not suited for women. There have been times where I have reported numerous men who have sexually harassed me, sent racists messages, yet, all of these men were able to create 6-7 new profiles and recently I saw one this week who was able to re-create his profile as well and match with my friends. Bumble banned me for false assumptions that someone reported me as a sugar baby, without even allowing me to defend my case. Keep in mind I own my own business and have never even approached a man as such, yet they always go in the favor of the man.

This app is not suited for women, and specifically not women of color or people of color because they seem to justify their decisions of safety based off of race. I have numerous friends who are also of color who have reported the same where their accounts were attentionally blocked based off of false allegations and the person who reported against them was of a different race and Bumble justified it. I have emailed them within the last year with several examples of harassment, dick pictures, and people saying the N-word yet these people are still on the app. They don’t care about people, or their safety.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

They make it VERY easy to sign up but fail to make it obvious that they will keep charging your credit card and give confusing instructions on how to cancel the crappy service. Use Match.com instead. They offer no way to contact them to get your money back.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Bumble is junk. Paid for a week next day they forced biometric data so no access to my account anymore. Why? Simple- I'm not gonna give them my face bio data to merch with. Contacted to cancel and delete. Waiting. Empowering women? How? By preventing men saying first hello? Haa haaa I feel empowered. The only thing they empower is the corporate account with shekels scammed from people. Majority fake profiles, rationing legitimate profiles, matching way out of set distance parameters auto subscription renewals Oh yes almost forgot mixing threesomes (couples) with women looking for men category. How about give the salacious freaks their own category.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Awful, awful company! I use Bumble BFF and on occasions, I have used their 1-day subscription which use to be £2.99. Recently I tried the 1-day subscription which they did an auto-subscription without clear messaging or any confirmation of this. Under the Consumer Contract Act, this is illegal. I am shocked I have been charged daily £1.99 and having done research after, it seems many others are scammed this way. I work in marketing and I know UX Design very well. This tactic is to confuse consumers and illegally take your money and then claim it's in their T&Cs which is not present or clear when you subscribe. And in order to fulfill their scam, they send auto-responses and never read your emails.

I shared links to show where they have been illegal in auto-subscribing consumers without clear messaging. Under UK government law, it is 100% illegal to auto-subscribe. I used a third party 'Resolver' to try and get them to respond. Someone responded to say my subscription is cancelled yet no refund. And almost 2 weeks later, I see on my bank statement, they are still stealing money off me. They know most consumers will give up with auto-responses as the fact is, it will be near impossible to get a customer service response. I will be taking them to court as I have taken legal advice. It's not even about the money anymore but the scam tactics they are doing. PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM. It's such a shame, as I found their service to be great years ago but whoever has taken ownership of the UX of the app, is a complete scam maker.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Terrible customer service!!! Never actually helped me clear up account issues I was dealing with and yet continued to charge me when I didn't even know I had a subscription. Instead of making things right to fix my account issues and address the surprise charges they threw it back in my face and said they addressed my issues (which is still not resolved as I leave this comment).

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Long story short. I paid for the lifetime membership of 189.99 - was using the app for 5 months then all of a sudden I was kicked out. Unable to log back in with zero reasoning. They don't respond to emails and don't have a phone number you can call. Apparently after my own independent research I have been blocked from Bumble. Apparently there has been complaints about me from other users which is odd to me because I was never inappropriate of disrespectful to any other users.

I then found out complaints can be filed on absolutely no basis. This company does not even investigate to see if it's valid or not. Other than flirty banter and light humor jokes I've done nothing wrong. This company does not even tell you where you went wrong or what you have said - they give no warning and give no explanation to what you did wrong. It's an absolute joke. I have no way of getting my money back or having anybody to speak with about this. I absolutely love the app however I would not give this scam artist company any money.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I have been a member of the dating site Bumble for several years. Recently, and without explanation, they put me on 'Moderated' status. They blocked my profile name, and ability to change some of my profile. I emailed them through their website asking what the problem was, and I got no answer. Today, 10/13/21, they totally blocked my profile, saying that there were more complaints. I have never sent anything to anyone that wasn't asked for or agreed to. EVER. And I have never threatened or been mean to anyone. In fact, my simply asking someone why they Bumbled me chases many of the fakes away. And when someone asked what 'moderated' means, I tell them I don't know and the site has never explained to me what is going on. I want to know the exact nature of the complaints, and who made them. This is completely unreasonable.

Bumble Company Information