Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.50/5

Securitas Security Services USA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Securitas Security Services USA?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Securitas Security Services USA?

Original review: March 6, 2020

The supervisor will make you want to quit like I did and then go around and tell the residents he fired you!! She is not a happy person and you won’t be happy working there, all employees at this site have stomach aches before they even get to work! You're not treated fair at all, all the equipment is all broken, and you're told you can’t leave if your relief person doesn’t show up!! Or your fired or written up is her favorite language!! Just a really negative place to work, it’s not worth the 40 hours to get your license there. They give you 2 hours to train then you're on your own!! HORRIBLE!!!!

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have worked in many different fields including caregiving and fast food. I have always been paid barely anything with ** for benefits and crappy management. Now I get paid above minimum, can request time off, get paid before Friday, paper trail proving the hours I work, money is loaded onto a card, PTO, life insurance (that I don’t pay for), the best management team I’ve ever had. There’s quite a few negative comments but keep in mind; all posts are different. My post happens to offer dental and medical on top of what is already offered. They don’t overwork us. They make sure we have a safe work environment and also pay for our TWIC cards. If you have a problem with your post...tell the main office and request another one. Don’t put up with it and then quit.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2019

If there was an option to give no stars that is what I would rate them. They shouldn't even be in business. These jerks make promises of "full time" hours give you 30 hours then take accounts away when you've done nothing to deserve to be removed only because they made the mistake of hiring too many people and promising other people full time hours. If you work multiple accounts to make 30 hours and then expect you to be at their beck and call and not work a second job to make up for what you're not making at their company. When they need you and threaten you if you are not they will remove you from the good accounts.

I've worked outdoors for 3 months, yes they give you winter gear but I still got sick being out in the freezing cold for 11 hours a day and then they say I shouldn't be getting sick. I am still recovering from pneumonia after a month ago telling them to take their job and shove it. I have been unable to work crappy pay and they treat you like garbage and their supervisors are a joke in Bloomington, Indiana. Beth is a joke and so is Mary. Big mistake. Waste of time working here. Worst place I have ever worked for.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

DO NOT WORK HERE! If you want to get paid the right amount and on time I would recommend not working for this ripoff of a company. I have worked 3 months for this company and they have shorted me at least 100 dollars on every check and fail to try and correct it. They will lie and say that they sent you a check fixing it, but the check will never arrive. Do not work here if you want an honest place to work.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I like work with Securitas. But I don't like site that I posted. I posted at Dignity California Hospital Medical Center. I thought it is nice place to work. But I find out that the supervisor is no good. His name is Christopher **. He forced me to work 16 hours even though I said I am sleepy and my feet hurt. He said just drink Red Bull you will be fine. Also I don't get enough breaks. Working 12 hours or 16 hours just only get breaks 80 minutes. I worked 7 days without days off. The other officer got 3 days off or 2 days Off. On May 13 2018 I don't get breaks for 30 minutes after worked 16 hours then I got received relief late from post because I request leave early for not receiving breaks. I think my supervisor is not wise and not have mercy by force people work 16 hours or 12 hours. Also sometime they send to patrol the street without any equipment to protect!

Original review: May 8, 2018

I am a disabled man who just wanted to return to work, and thought it was a dream come true when I first got an interview at this place. The recruiter asked to interview me and when I thought the distance was too much, said she'd call me back in 5 mins and never did. I drove up there and during the interview, she admitted with her own mouth she had zero intention on calling me back. Fast forward to orientation. She walked by me and said to wait for her and she'll be back to get me. She never came. I recalled getting an email that said late people would have their job offer rescinded. Thank God I entered the room on time, just to see the woman slowly shuffling papers.

The class was short and they put the answer key on a projector and let us copy the answers, but never talked about it. My class didn't learn anything. Went to get schedule and when I said I was disabled with a hour limit, they attempted to discriminate by saying they couldn't hire me if I didn't take 18 hour day. I accepted out of panic, not knowing at the time that was against federal law.

I didn't get reimbursed for work expenses because of an unwritten budget rule that was made up at the last minute. I was put on a 10-hour shift 4-2am against my will and without my knowledge until the day off. I got my final check 4 days late. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!! They are a scam and they've been sued several times. I'm having EEOC sue them for me.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I used to work in Chicago for Securitas USA (Formerly known as "Wells Fargo" from 1999-2007). During the year of 2006 I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. During that year before I was diagnosed I was in and out of the hospital not knowing what was wrong. So I seeked a 2nd opinion and that's when I was diagnosed with cancer. Now each time I was out... I given the office my doctor statements. So one day I have gone to talk to one of the Supervisors and they started bringing up cases on me that were supposedly been handled with all of my paperwork I sent them. My oncologists told me to resign and that's what I had gone in to do, but they wouldn't see me at that time. So I left my paperwork with my doctor's request that I was resigning due to my health. This period was on my supposedly paid sick days that I requested to resign.

So when I did not receive a call from the Captains or Lieutenants the next day I kept calling and they always told me that either the Captain were out. But then I have gone to Unemployment to find out that the Captain had lied and told them that I was fired for no call no show or abandoning post... So I didn't have the strength to continue going back and forth with them so I gave up. I never gotten a chance to collect my Unemployment from all the years I done for that company smh!

I reviewed the company and found out I was not the only person they wronged and lied on. So now I am here through the grace of God and tried to apply for a job and as soon as I put my Social Security Number in they ended the session. About a year later with the corrupt office in Chicago, the Corporate had fired everybody in the Command Center because of the staff sleeping with each other and guards and corruption. So now you see God do not like ugly! But why am I banned?

Original review: May 16, 2017

I worked in this company at 2011 to 2013 in Sky Harbor International Airport, Mexican consulate and other post, during my time working I just had a small complaint. After I left this company in 11/2013 with (Notice week) I try to come back and apply for different positions also in others company names belong to Securitas: As Paragon Security Services or Pinkerton Security. They didn't accept my applications because I'm ban for life to come back apply again. This is a criminal only because the company policy is that, every person who left the company no have right to come back no matter what.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

Biggest mistake I ever made. I thought why not get a second job to supplement my income. So I see an ad from this company and in it they state they have a hiring incentive of $1,000.00 if you have the required license(s) upon hiring; I do and still do. During interview with HR I asked if this was valid and was told it was; great I was hired and assigned to a post. The thing is this post required an average of walking about eights miles per shift and one round per hour covering three bldgs, all floors and parking garage three level and perimeter with their patrol Button device over 38 of them; so after a round you'd get 20-30 minute break at monitoring the lobby; then go again.

The thing is on my regular full time job I also have to walk 6-8 miles for an average per day for both jobs of 14-16 miles in 16 hours. After one week I called the branch "Manager" I was under and asked after telling them what I just mentioned; if I could have another post? They immediately blurted that I have to work for at lease three months before a post change request; I responded "I wasn't informed of that." So after that call I wasn't again posted; nothing from them, no emails phone calls or letters. Then I get a notice in the mail from a collection co. I owe $250.00 in uniforms and they are commencing collection action. I am going "WTF; I received nothing from Securitas.

Remember this is supposedly a part time job. So I return the uniforms and ask when they terminated me? All I got was them standing there blinking at me. I showed them the credit BAD Debt letter they filed and asked them to explain this; All I got again was them standing there blinking at me. I also asked why I wasn't paid the $1,000.00 Hiring incentive as I was told was valid by the HR person who interviewed me? AGAIN all I got was them standing there blinking at me.

Oh I forgot to mention I asked that we could talk in private and they wouldn't let in back with them and this took place in their lobby - during of which many prospects looking for work walked out after hearing all of this. I asked for a final time did they have any explanation as to what happened to me; why or not what they did to me? All they did was stand there blinking at me. I responded (I never even raised my voice in all of this) then they can stand in front of a judge and just blink their coded answers to the court. They damaged my clean credit and more. I informed them to expect a lawsuit and I am currently filing such at this time.

Original review: July 20, 2016

I come to bishop lane weekly 1941 to see my doctor. I am constantly stalked by their security service. I sit at a picnic table and wait for my appointment time or my bus they constantly circle the area. Like they think something is going to happen. I am well dressed. And 60 yrs old not 20 with a mini skirt. I do not care about the people who work in the nearby office building. I have ignored them. My next step is the BBB to see if I can get them to leave me alone. I have not mention this to my doctor now I will. One time the security guy parked his truck and just sat there. I have never seen such stupid people. I always get on the bus. I do not plan to change my behavior. I find theirs very unprofessional. Nor do I plan to change my doctor because of Securitas bad behavior or attempt at bullying me. I come to see my doctor not make friends. I will not put up with unprofessionalism.

Securitas Security Services USA Company Information