3.3/5 (68 ratings)

About Robert Half

Robert Half Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Robert Half?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Robert Half?

Original review: March 28, 2016

I was offered multiple job opportunities and was contacted by one representative. This is the same representative I've talked to multiple times for the same position. I always asked about the previous position I had interest for, and they skip to a new one. It is like they don't want me to get hired or that job didn't want to pay them. The person never contacts me back and the last contact I had with her was 2 weeks ago, stating she will take care of the documentary for me. Isn't that what a cover letter is for?? They do not contact you back for the jobs. It is quite embarrassing for this company to exist and I have to continue my hunt on other career sites and avoid all Temp Agency recommendations because they do not contact you back.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

I could go on and on about my most unfortunate experience with Robert Half, and Accountemps in Nashville, TN, but I'm just going to simply list the issues as follows: They SPAM you with emails and phone calls once they have your personal information. They ask you for names and phone numbers of people you know. They discriminate based on age! If you're above 30 years of age this is not the agency for you. If you are 18 to 29 you might find some luck here, if you are currently doing the exact same job they are trying to place for. Otherwise, these kids don't have the experience to understand the diverse and versatile nature of accounting/finance, etc.

They call you about a job opportunity, but not to ask if you are interested, to ask you if you 'know someone' who may be interested in the job. A job, every time, I was more than qualified to do. They don't work for you personally, like other headhunters, but file your resume digitally in the general network so any employee can, and will, contact you if an internal 'key word' search pulls you up. This wastes your time and causes you to get phone calls about jobs that aren't relevant to your current needs. They call you in for interviews and then tell you everything you discussed on the phone, which prompted the interview, is either not available or not relevant. What?

Your level of education and work experience means nothing to these kids, as all they want to know is if they can get a quick commission off of you right now. If not, they don't have any desire to work with you. They call you and leave a message requesting your immediate attention to a great job opportunity that just opened up, and then never answer their phone when you call them back, and they never return you calls. If your education is not all 'accounting' or all 'finance' they become confused and anxious, and totally incapable of processing you as a potential employee. In other words, you must fit a very particular work-mold or these kids, some adults, don't have the skill-set, experience or savvy to find you work.

The most disappointing aspect to this experience is I know for a fact that I am qualified to work in just about any position that comes across their desk, but due to the fact these are just 'kids' searching for their next commission running things you can't make any progress with them. My education? AAS -- Accounting; ADN -- Nursing; Bachelors -- Management; Masters -- Business Administration.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2016

I responded to an online job board post about a specific position. Robert Half recruiter contacted me. Setup an interview. At the interview, I was told no jobs are available. I was also told the pay would be half of what I would normally expect. A huge waste of time. Why would I negotiate a pay scale and interview for a job that ended up not being there at all?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2016

As a business and as a customer we enlisted Account Temps to fill an Admin/Accounting position. It became apparent to me quickly and my perception is that this company only cares about collecting money and not about customer service and needs. They have a lack of understanding of the marketplace and hire younger people as their sales force with no real world or business experience which can be very frustrating to deal with. They seem to also fail to gain the confidence and respect of the people they are placing and all the candidates they have sent to us have many complaints. I would strongly recommend not using them for accounting or other office temporary needs.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

So, I was offered a job through Robert Half on the behalf of Hannaford Delhaize. I met with the recruiter Sean in Portsmouth to sign all the paperwork including the job offer. Well, they said everything was fine and all of a sudden I received an email from the Luke (another recruiter) to do my own background check on myself (they said it would be expense from my first pay check through them). Now, I'm no genius, but, I believe most people, before they offer you a job, would have all this done prior to giving you the job. Now, I'm getting the run around.

Luke said that their law office is in California and that they were waiting on them and it could take 1-3 weeks before they hear anything back. Now, this seems like a crock to me, as I was able to get my background check done in under 20 minutes and had sent it off to Luke. I haven't heard anything from them. Fortunately, I just didn't sit and wait for them to contact me back or I'd probably die of old age waiting for that call. I would seriously consider not dealing with Robert Half as when it comes down to business, they have no ethic or morals. I'm honestly not even sure how they stay in business.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2015

I'd interviewed with the Uniondale New York office of accountemps RHI. Met with a Recruiter name Jack and "Location Manager" Melissa. He'd painted a nice outlook in all of the available positions abound. Weeks later he attempts to sell me into a one day/week, two or three week duration position. I'd declined. Suddenly, the rosy picture of available opportunities had darkened and my many emails and phone calls went unanswered. They are glorified commission ** with little or no concern for the candidate, sorry to say. Unprofessional, careless, untouched by a candidate's needs. Just filling slots with bodies for a commission billing. Stay far away.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2015

I was laid off in Jan 2015 and I hustled all the online job sites, all of the placement firms that contacted me and mailed\emailed cold resumes to HR departments (I put 1000 miles on my vehicle in a week doing interviews and having meetings) and as a result I got my first Job offer in 72 hours. I declined for a number of reasons and in the next two weeks I have a number of other offers one being from Robert Half. All of this went down on a Friday-Monday because at the time I got the job offer for a temp to hire Job from Robert Half. I had told a number of other companies I would give them an answer by Monday. When asked if I would accept the Job I told Robert Half that I was uncomfortable with the abnormally long six month temp to hire period and that other offers I had would provide me and my family insurance from day one. The person I spoke to said they would raise those questions and get back to me.

A couple of hours later I got a call back from Robert Half and was told that not only did the monetary offer increase but that the client wanted me so badly they would cut the temp to hire period from six months to a more normal three months. The representative further told me that Robert Half offered comprehensive insurance and gave me an impressive number as to what my full-time salary would be after the contract period. I asked them to send me some information on their health care plan and I would let him know Monday. Late Friday I got a .pdf for a healthcare plan that while it was a little expensive would be good to go for three months. On Monday I accepted the offer. With the background checks and paper work I actually started the following Monday.

The first problem I ran into was the health plan I was shown was sent to me by accident. That plan is one for full time Robert Half employees (read recruiters and managers), the plan for contractors was quite different - ultimately for employee plus family you get to pay nearly $500 a month for the right to pay $12,000 out of pocket before the plan pays for anything. The second problem I ran into was the contract was never shortened and was in truth a full six months. Lastly not only was the transition salary not what they told me, but they had told the company I was working for that my onboarding salary would be less than what Robert Half was paying me (I have seen the letters and Emails) so while being on boarded I actually took a pay cut.

In closing Robert Half got very lucky in that once at my current job I really liked both it and the people or I would have explained to management exactly why and Left. In the end if you want to work for a company that treats you like property, will lie to you in order to get you to do what they want, and ultimately leaves you high and dry then Robert Half is a good fit. If that isnt for you please do yourself a favor and stay away.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2015

I received a call from Stephanie ** about a job opportunity in the Wall Street area. We sat and spoke in her office for an hour. I noticed that she had my original application since 2009 and that there was my old email address. I gave her my new email address and thought, OK, let's see what happens. First of all, I find that I have to call them weekly to "check in". I then get a call from Jackie who tells me there is an opportunity (which I know I'm not qualified for) in Bedford Hills. Again, I explain that I rely on public transportation and she tells me to take Metro North - first off, this is the Harlem Line...I use the Hudson Line. They are so unorganized and stupid. I wouldn't recommend this agency to anyone. They are a total waste of time.

Original review: July 30, 2015

I was contacted by Stephanie from Robert Half who found my resume on Careerbuilder.com. I was told by her that she had a job opportunity for me. This happened to be during February vacation, so my young daughter was home from school and we had planned out our week together. To make a long story short, I had a hour-long intensive phone interview with the HR department of the company I was to work for. I then had an in-person interview, then a second interview, was shown my desk, told how much my salary was, and introduced to everyone in the business office.

However, everyone asked me how I found out about the job opening; NO ONE AT THE COMPANY HAD KNOWLEDGE THAT I WAS GOING THROUGH ROBERT HALF. Stephanie called me to let me know that the hiring company was very impressed with me and wanted to hire me. I was sent through the mill with a series of visits to Robert Half's office on the other side of the state to fill out paperwork and take tests, all of which I was told I passed with flying colors. I was also told that the reason I doing all of this driving and paperwork was because I had the job.

Robert Half called all of my references, of which they reported to me that they were very impressed by what my former employers had said about my work performance. I spent hours transcribing various production elements to show examples of my work, which the recruiter never sent the company. I never heard from the hiring company again. I was told by the recruiter that "Companies don't have time to follow up nowadays." I told Stephanie to take me off of their list. Robert Half gobbled up my entire February vacation with my child and I didn't get the job. Turns out, the fee they were asking was so high that the company ended up hiring from within. AVOID ROBERT HALF. THEY WILL WASTE YOUR TIME AND ENERGY!!!

Original review: July 9, 2015

My initial meeting with a recruiter seemed promising after about 30 minutes of talking about what type of job position/pay/location I was looking for. For about the first week I received a couple of possible job opportunities that looked hopeful. In all, I only went on ONE interview and the recruiter stopped all communication after about two weeks. Luckily, I was still employed and was just looking for better opportunities. But what if I hadn't had a job and been desperate? This company is a joke and a waste of time. The recruiter also sent me a few job leads in the Dallas area after countless times of me saying I was not interested in traveling that far.

Original review: July 7, 2015

I phoned for a temporary position and spoke with Nicholas ** - I emailed my resume and he set me up right away for an interview. I was told I would be meeting with Negin and Josh however only met with Negin. After my interview I immediately sent a thank you note and I was told that I would be receiving emails daily with listing for positions and to contact them right away if I was interested.

My interview was 2 weeks ago and even though I spent the time going back into their office for I.D. forms for the I-9 and emailed Nicholas ** for feedback on why I wasn't receiving email, and when I logged in there wasn't any positions listed for their office - I was perplexed and I was told that there is high demand right now - not the case as seen to date as I find their communication extremely below adequate. Not to mention wearing flip flops with dresses in a business office, not professional attire. I am extremely disappointed I wasted my time and don't appreciate being told one thing and it has never occurred. No emails ever sent to me with any type of listing. Wouldn't recommend this agency.

Original review: May 21, 2015

I went in Mar 2015, for a permanent position. The person I met, didn't know till she handed me her card at the end was temporary. Told me to call back after a week and that I could only get $16-$17 an hour. I called many times and always sent to voice mail. Then they advertise for AP $50-$65 and the jobs are NEVER available. And the person who advertise the ad is never available and never returns calls. I have over 30 years of overall Accounting and they have nothing for me???

Original review: May 6, 2015

I applied to a posting and received an email request to speak with me. I called and left a voicemail. No response. I emailed to ask if there was a good time to call. No response. This is not the first time this has happened. I find them to be disorganized, careless, and unresponsive. I am not sure if they don't follow-up because they don't care about their reputation, they don't care about the candidates, they are disorganized, or a Combination of them all. I will NEVER refer anyone to them. And you can bet as an HR professional I will NEVER use them to source candidates. If you don't have the time or care for me as a candidate then I don't need you in either capacity.

Original review: March 27, 2015

Went there for permanent job, thought the guy I met was permanent, turns out it was just temp... They force that on you and don't care about permanent positions...

Original review: Feb. 19, 2015

I signed up with the RH and Accountemps office in North Olmsted, OH. I mentioned to several recruiters I met with that I was let-go (no fault of my own) from my previous job. When I finally received my first job offer, after many interviews and several months later, they tell me that they have to rescind the job offer, and I can never seek a job through Robert Half or Accountemps again. Why? Because they found out that I was ineligible to be re-hired at my previous place of employment. Besides the fact that this type of policy filters out perfectly fine candidates, it is beyond me to figure out what logic, if any, was used in not figuring this out on day one.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2015

I find the Robert Half/Account Temps Agency to be very misleading. I have been listed with them for the past 4 years. I feel their Black List is very unfair and misleading. I turned down assignment with them for personal reasons and the email response I received for Kenya ** in the Tampa Office was so unprofessional, I could hardly believe it. We continued to exchange emails and each time she nastier.

I am now on the black list and it is really unfair the way they treat people and are allowed to get away with it. I also was told on the QT that several jobs they have listed are either position that have been filled or that they just put out there to build their database with resumes. It so very sad that they are losing good candidates because of a unprofessional staff, maybe they need to take a really good hard look at their own employees and make some changes. Since all the reviews seem to be about the same topics and go back 70 plus months, just shows what bad ethics this company really does have.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

Beware! The Robert Half Irvine office is a nightmare, they placed a senior Controller/IT person with my company, of which his resume was totally misleading and never reviewed by this office. They sold this person as a CPA, certified Public Accountant with major experience in IT software that I was using. After a month into the job, I quickly discovered that his certification was 10 years old, from another state and not active (never advised on resume). His IT experience was minimal and to make matters worst, the guy walks off the job in the second month after realizing he needed to be accountable for the project. Our company pays 22% of his annual salary as a fee upfront, and when asked for a replacement or refund, they told me to talk to their attorney.

Robert Half promotes doctored resumes to sell individuals to companies at a higher salary, only to get you to pay upfront. Now their attorneys will not accept calls from our legal council. Unbelievable!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2014

I was contacted by an RH recruiter in San Ramon, CA in November 2014 about several jobs I had applied for they posted online, and she asked me to send her an updated resume and references. I did this within an hour, she replied she got the email, and I heard nothing for 2 weeks. I emailed her back to ask what happened, she apologized and arranged a short phone interview. We chatted 15 minutes, and she told me I was "perfect" for the positions. I had done recent job assessment tests and gave her my scores. She was impressed, and we agreed to meet in person the next day. On my resume I embed a 1" size professional business photo, and I look young for my age. I'm 59, but look 40, since I've always been a late bloomer, and have no wrinkles.

As soon as she met me in the lobby, she was very enthusiastic and we went to a private conference room to talk. I sat down with her and answered questions. Within 10 minutes, she gave me an I-9 form to complete (which includes DOB, SS number) and I knew from experience what would happen next. Once my age was obtained, the tone changed. The recruiter went from excited to cold as ice. I hear the "overqualified" comments, which is code for "too old." It doesn't matter if I already showed enthusiasm for the job, the lower salary and job duties given. Suddenly the attitude is borderline annoyed, the watch checking starts, and the meeting is cut short instantly.

I understand the high cost of my medical may be an issue, so I indicate I have my own medical, saving any employer significant money. So what's left to be concerned with now? She says, "I'll submit you for this job and let you know the results." I have not heard a word since, after 6 weeks. I sent a proper thank you after I left, and a polite email at week #3 to ask the status of the jobs, which was ignored. Now I'm on the Robert Half "Blacklist" as too old. Thus I can't apply to all the jobs RH posts that match my skills perfectly. I won't get the chance to interview with the companies, either.

This is the third time this scenario has happened dealing with this agency, between 2011 and 2014. Anyone over 50 is at the mercy of these younger (25-35) recruiters and their illegal judgement calls they make about job applicants. The pattern is always the same... I'm treated with excitement, until I complete the I-9 form, and their mood changes completely, as they try to get me out of the door.

I've had male recruiters from the other RH agency near me call when I apply for a job, and are very persistent for me to "come in and talk about the job. " They send me the skill assessment tests, which I complete and return, with high scores. I arrive for an interview, where the job I applied for is never mentioned. Once they hand that I-9 form to me, the subject gets changed and I never hear from them again.

I dress professionally, have excellent references, a list of accomplishments, and an outstanding resume with a great background. It becomes obvious when I meet these recruiters in person, and they obtain my I-9 info...I hear comments such as: "I think you may be overqualified for this job..." "You realize this is an entry level job, right?" "Are you sure you want this position?" "I think you wouldn't be very happy in this type of job."

I always answer, "I wouldn't have submitted my resume, or be here now if I was not interested in the job. You asked me to come here to discuss it, and I took the time to be here." They fumble and give the classic brushoff, "OK, I'll call you." I have indicated I have no kids, would work overtime, have flexibility, excellent attendance and more. Over 50 people don't have "Monday hangovers" or crying kids calling us all day! We won't get pregnant and go on maternity leave, have equal tech skills, better problem solving and writing skills, and don't play on Facebook all day... and can SPELL correctly!

From 2010 to 2014, I have experienced this blatant age discrimination firsthand at Robert Half International. I'm concerned my SS number is floating around with my DOB, which is prime ID theft material. I believe most of these jobs posted are not even real jobs, just a tactic to draw people into their database, to use to gain clients?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2014

I was hired on a contingent basis as a Professional Staffing Consultant based on my background. I worked for a client of theirs and was favored by the client for 3 weeks. Then received a phone call two days ago telling me they had to terminate my employment based on my background check. I explained there was nothing on my background and this had to be a mistake. They even suggested it to be something criminal. I explained that I didn't even have a parking ticket so that it was a mistake. I also requested a copy to what the reason was and asked for a copy of my background report. I was told they could not provide that and they would need to contact legal department.

I contacted the legal department and was informed they had nothing to do with this and they would contact the branch to find out why they told me that. I received a second call telling me it was not my background but 2 bad references. I explained I have never received a bad reference and asked what employers were contacted. They would not supply this to me and said I should make sure to provide good references before supplying the names to Robert Half.

I contacted my previous employers and was informed they had not given a reference, that Robert Half left a message and that he would return the call to Robert Half and supply a reference today. So my question is how can they tell me the termination was due to my background check then retract and say it was references when they never spoke to my previous employers to get a reference. The only reason I can think of is that they did not want to pay me the salary they agreed to when they got another employee who had same experience to accept less money. I hope there is something I can do because this is extremely unethical. I am appalled to the way I was treated and have to fight for a right to clear my name.

Original review: July 31, 2013

Summary - I was offered yet denied employment due to the misrepresentation of a Robert Half Management Resources employee's unethical behavior. Search firm one - Robert Half Management Resources was never given consent verbally or otherwise to submit my resume over to employer: Rock Tenn. Search firm 2. Quest Financial was. An interview was scheduled, an offer was made and quickly rescinded.

April 17, 2013, I received an email from Michael ** at Robert Half advising me of two positions at Rock Tenn. He found my outdated resume on CareerBuilder.com. Michael stated if I was interested in either to forward my updated resume. I did not forward my updated resume. Unbeknownst to me his colleague Kim ** forwarded my resume to Rock Tenn. According to Kim on 4/18 the client, Rock Tenn, wanted to schedule an interview. Q: How? Why? I never sent my resume. Shocked and dismayed, I asked what resume did you send? I never sent a resume over to Michael and certainly didn't authorize you to.

April 18, 2013, Kimberly ** called stating Rock Tenn wanted to interview me for one of the above positions. I never consented verbal or written for Robert Half to represent me to Rock Tenn. Imagine my shock to receive this call after already sending an email at 10AM stating I will not be able to move forward. Kimberly falsely acted as my representative without my permission and sent an outdated resume from Career Builder to the client without my consent. As a result, the submission of my outdated resume to Rock Tenn by Robert Half Inc is null and void due to no verbal or written agreement by me. Although Kim acted prematurely a message was already sent to her colleague advising I was set to move to MI. Why would my resume be submitted without my consent? A separate email was sent to Michael several weeks later asking if the position was filled, he nor anyone from search firm one responded.

Week of July 9, 2013, while back in Atlanta I received a call from Nick ** at Quest Search regarding a contract position with Rock Tenn. After discussion with Nick, I agreed to have my updated resume submitted to Rock Tenn for the Sr. Accountant position and updated CareerBuilder with the most recent information as well. In doing so did not give Kimberly ** the go ahead to forward my most recent resume to Rock Tenn which she did (2nd offense). July 10, 2013, an interview was scheduled with Rock Tenn and me through Nick ** at Quest Search for Thursday, July 11, 2013. The day of the interview, Kimberly ** from Robert Half called me several times throughout the day as she had learned that I had an interview scheduled with both Mary ** and Hitesh ** at 2 pm arranged by Nick ** at Quest Search. She angrily shared her high level of displeasure that I had an interview with Rock Tenn and she had not been notified.

At this point Robert Half Inc.'s representatives behavior has become harassment of a candidate (myself) which I informed her of. Kimberly then stated that she went on CareerBuilder, uploaded my most recent resume and forwarded to Mary ** and the CAO at Rock Tenn, again without my verbal or written agreement. This submission of my resume from Robert Half is null and void due to no verbal or written agreement by me. I completed the interview with Mary ** and Hitesh ** which I felt went extremely well only to learn that a verbal offer was placed and rescinded due to Robert Half's misconduct. Robert Half put me and Quest Search in the middle of a war for business legally had nothing to do with me. There was nothing binding between us but the works of Kimberly **.

All in all, not only did I lose out on a potentially great opportunity, Robert Half's Management Resources, made my Brand (**) look unethical. Recruiters represent me in the market place. If they are acting unethical, you can bet that my name will be attached to that behavior as you engaged them as in this case. I am an individual of high work ethics, values, character and professional behavior throughout my career and overall life. I am confident that my teaming with Rock Tenn would have proven to be a successful partnership, one that would have led to the achievement of numerous departmental goals. However I will never be given this opportunity due to misrepresentation of me, falsification of emails and bullying. This is NOT okay!

Original review: March 28, 2011

I was offered a temp-to hire position in August 2010. Office Team told me what the salary was to work as a temp for this particular company and told me what the salary would be if the company hired me as a permanent employee. Well, after 8 months of hard work for little pay, I finally was made a permanent employee last week. I come to find out I was totally deceived and lied to. The job actually pays $5.00 an hour less than what I was told. I would have never taken the job if I hadn't been lied to. It seems as though they had a hard time filling this position in the past and just told me what I wanted to hear. They have done this to other employees who I work with as well.

Had I known that the job would continue to pay such low salary, I would have not wasted 8 months and continued to search for a better opportunity. It has been enormously difficult and stressful to keep up on all of my financial obligations, but I persisted and worked hard, believing that I would be rewarded at the end. Instead I am left feeling deceived and and very angry.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2006

Interviewed by RHI on Friday; Chad offered employment (projected to start the following Monday morning). I completed W-2, I-9, divulging my SSN, DOB, etc. in preparation for Monday's assignment. No confirmation of Monday's assignment was received... End result: no employment and loss of sensitive data via outright deception.

Contacted RHI corporate office with complaint. Company agrees to return all forms and purge internal database. All actions currently pending.

Robert Half Company Information