3.7/5 (135 ratings)

About Robert Half

Robert Half Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Robert Half?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Robert Half?

Original review: May 18, 2018

I've used Robert Half for ten or so years, both for temporary and permanent positions. I've always felt listened to and even if not placed by them, felt I could always go back for other placements.

Original review: May 14, 2018

They are extremely unhelpful, unprofessional and desperate. After a few ups and downs and thanks to Robert Half being disorganised I finally started a temp role which was below my level of experience. I then started applying for permanent roles that's more my level. The chap from Robert Half Southampton gave me a 30 min lecture on how I should stay at this temp role and pretty much how it's no point applying for the role I wanted to apply for. Two days after he phoned and emailed me on other opportunities?!! So he lectures me about not leaving the current role I was in then emailed me with other opportunities. He has not stopped hassling me for weeks and weeks now. Phone call upon phone call. Clogging up my inbox.

I've not worked for the company where I was a temp for 3 weeks now and he's still hassling me with regards to a timesheet there?? Does he not know I've left especially getting a replacement temp. I blocked his number and just had two phone calls from a mobile number and then two emails from two different people from this agency to call them urgently. I'm absolutely livid and wish I could complain to the CEO of this company. Just awful.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I have noticed that no one from SC has posted a review. I was interviewed via Skype by a Robert Half recruiter in Charleston, SC. It may had been two weeks when I got a call from RH to go to an in person interview with a company that is in the same town I live in. Which is about 20 minutes outside of Charleston. I didn't think they were going to have anything close to me so I was delighted when it worked out that they had a company here looking for someone. I went to the interview. I was told by the recruiter that I should know something by the next day and I did. They offered the position to me. I started working there through Robert Half in February of 2018 and the company hired me in April. It is a great company with sick leave, vacation days, 401K, insurance etc. Not to mention, they pay very well. I do go in at 6:30 in the mornings and don't get off until 5 or 6 but they don't mind paying the overtime and I am happy to accept it.

I would not have been able to work for such an employer had it not been for Robert Half. They got me in the door, I proved my worth and I got a permanent job. I am very appreciative to Robert Half and the staff at Faber Place in Charleston. I hope this review helps someone considering Robert Half in Charleston, SC as their agency.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I have worked temp with the company for over a year on at least three assignments of about three months each. It is not like the old days where a temp job could turn into full time. The interview and background check and interview was relatively painless but I feel like I must have as part of the process reviewed over 200 pages of online docs. I give them a total score of 20% simply because while the recruiters were relatively positive, I ran into problems with the timesheet, payroll and working conditions. On each job I was temping for an outsource agency like WL or DTI, within a law firm setting, but amazingly each position I ran into in my opinion an overall lack of training or software and at one place hostile and abrasive work environment. Sometimes a temp is given less than adequate training perhaps because they think you will only be there a few days, but such denial of training works against the smooth work output.

RH of course is just concerned with getting paid and could care less about working conditions but nevertheless, someone in this picture has a legal responsibility to assure a work environment free from harassment and discrimination. Training on each position I would put at 40% simply due to either lack of training, confusing communications, lack of software, or hostile work environment. To me lack of training creates a hostile work environment. Numerous times I had to fight to get the timesheet software to work and at least one time I was not paid on the regularly scheduled payday even though I turned in my time sheet a week before. I did have to threaten to file a labor complaint. Communications, teamwork, and accuracy was sorely lacking at all positions, I further give a low review when questions about work procedures are ignored.

At all positions I did the best I could but I felt hampered because they gave me limited duties or I did not get good training. One last thing: it seems agencies like to communicate by email and cellphone, which I may have little choice in the hiring process. But once you are on the assignment, I feel the RH should be able to communicate work issues like duties and payroll to you at the work site (client) and on their equipment; using your own time or personal cellphone means you should get paid for that time; one recruiter who placed me at a site said he did not know how to get in touch with me other than my personal email, but of course he had access to the work site email and phone. If I am placed on a site and have to use my own phone and my own time, and cannot use company equipment, then I should get paid for that time and my cellphone.

Original review: March 23, 2018

If I could give them no stars I would. They act like they are going to help you in the beginning but nothing ever comes of it. I was told to sit back, relax and they find you a job but you get no calls, no leads, or followups. It's a good thing I didn't listen to them and ended up finding a job on my own. It has been 6 months since I submitted my information to them to assist me in finding a job, and nothing. When I followed up with them they ignored emails and never got back to you. I feel like they are just there to collect a paycheck and forgetting just how important their Jobs are. I guess they feel once they have a job it doesn't matter who else around them doesn't have a job. Which defeats the whole purpose of their job. Do not use them and if you do keep looking for jobs on your own.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I heard good things about OfficeTeam from a friend so I thought I would try it. The staff was incredibly unhelpful. It took weeks to get even one job offer. I would have to constantly contact Office Team to get anything going and without me pestering them they would do nothing. In two months they managed to secure me two interviews. I managed to find a permanent position paying more than their temp to hire jobs would pay before they even bothered to call me with a third possibility. I said that I would still be interested in other positions, but have never heard back from them. Additionally having to do go through grueling interviews and waiting weeks for an extremely low paying temp job seems a bit out there. It takes more work than just going straight to a permanent position.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I just want to second all the negative reviews about Robert Half. Robert Half is a big chain --- think Appleby's of Temp agencies --- everything is centralized, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. My experience was with the Burlington, MA office. Incredibly rude and unprofessional people. They send emails filled with job listings screaming for you to respond quickly and tell everyone you know... yada, yada, yada... then they don't answer the phone... or act annoyed that you called... or the person whose name is on the email is nowhere to be found and no one else can help you. Everyone in the office goes to lunch at the same time. It's all smoke and mirrors. There are no jobs here... it's all an Orwellian illusion.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I was going to sign up with RH to assist me in my current career search. I'm under the impression they post jobs that they are representing just to get your CV on file when there are actually no jobs available. You then take time off work to meet with them, shake their hand and never hear back from them. I was also advised that if I sign up with another recruitment firm they will drop my file. In my opinion, if you see a job posting by RH there is probably a 10% chance they have a company that is looking for a candidate and a 90% chance RH is just trying to stockpile resumes. Be cautious! Lastly, Robert Half, in the future if I am in a position to employ a headhunting company your group will never be considered.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I have been working, and I use the term loosely with Robert Half Dallas (Downtown branch) for about 3 weeks now. I originally only had a short window of time before I would be unemployed and was candid about this from the start with both Amber and later Morgan. Originally they did not have anything suiting my criteria but after about 10 days called me regarding a position as an Admin near me for immediate hire with the salary I was seeking. Their client wanted to first speak to me during a phone interview, THEN meet me in person for an Admin position. A bit much don't you think? Anyway I obliged and when the initial phone conversation was supposed to take place the owner of the company called me to say that he was SO BUSY he had to reschedule for the next day and couldn't take only a few mere minutes to speak with me.

I agreed and we were scheduled for a phone interview for the following day. So I sat there at the designated time. And waited. And waited. He never called. After 15 minutes past, I called my recruiter, Amber (before she passed me off to Morgan) and let her know he never called me. She apologized for him and said she'd contact him. Another 15 minutes go by at this point and he's already 30 minutes late for the phone interview. He graced me with my call 30 minutes after the fact with some insincere apology that sounded more like a justification and said he was so glad my recruiter sent him an email because "time got away from him". I'm glad my time is so valuable to everyone. And an email? You were too inconsiderate to even pick up the phone and say call her for the phone interview? Wow you guys are just phenomenal at what you do.

The business owner and I proceed and FINALLY conduct the interview (I'd also just like to point out, isn't the entire point of a staffing agency to place you in a position NOT make you interview as if it's a direct hire?!). The phone interview proceeds for an unreal 45 minutes where he even tries to get information as to my recommendations for where he should source his potential candidates from and even repeatedly refers to people from his ZipRecruiter ad as "garbage". After giving a notable interview I knew I had the position. I had researched the company beforehand, made notes about specific questions he may answer and gave thorough and direct answers. He tells me he'll contact the agency that afternoon and let them know his thoughts. The recruiter finally calls me back and I can tell although it wasn't obvious from her tone that he chose to pursue someone else.

I asked her why and the only answer she could give me is he wanted someone who was more "aggressive" for the position that I'm frankly overqualified for. About another week passes and I get a call from another office in Irving from Shelby. Shelby informs me there is a position in Irving starting immediately that is exactly what I'm looking for, but they want me to come IN PERSON to interview for a 3 month contract position. (Again, aren't they supposed to place me?!) I told her I would be there. Prior to the interview I researched the company, brought a notepad with my notes and questions to ask to appear as though I was actually interested in the company and arrived 5 minutes early. Once the interview began it was not a one-on-one typical interview, no, no, no it was 3 INTERVIEWERS. One they claimed was the manager, one was "observing" and the other I'm not quite sure what she did.

Again I nailed the interview and they solidified my thinking when they made comments such as "good answer" "I like that question", etc. I walked out feeling very confident and called Brittney (who I was passed off to from Shelby at the Irving office). She sounded mildly enthused and said I would know something by the following afternoon. Of course they never called me so I had to call Shelby and get an answer from her myself. All she would tell me is they went with someone else they gave her very little information and she'd call me if she found something but the way she said it sounded more demeaning and like a blow off than anything. I was sick of this and decided to call back both Amber and Morgan to see what was going on. Both AVOIDED my calls! I called one of them twice leaving one voicemail and even emailed asking her to call me.

They never did. So now in 3 weeks I've been on 2 interviews, wasted time, gas and with nothing to show for it with them. Luckily I didn't fully trust them to find me something so I have been applying before, during and after my Robert Half experience. I will find something soon but I can guarantee you this it sure as hell isn't because of them!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I worked for Robert Half for close to two years as a contractor paralegal and/or legal assistant and never to get hired as a full-time employee. They always used me as a temp. The last assignment they sent me on was for an attorney in Family Law. She was extremely difficult to work for and the assistant's place I was taking was leaving because of her attitude and said she was awful to work for. I was there for only a week and was told not to come back because I was unprofessional. At the same time, the Recruiter that I was working with Robert Half was fired. I had no idea what was going on.

They never had any contact with me. I called, emailed and text and finally I got an email from the new Recruiter that said they would no longer be needing my services. I did absolutely nothing wrong and had always remained professional at every position. I told her do not defame my character or try and make it out that it had anything to do with me. Robert Half at the point is not worth your time. You are better off finding a position on your own. They are the worst!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Extremely rude, arrogant and they talk to you as if you are an imbecile that "needs" them. Seems like I am not the only one here that felt this way. Two recruiters approached me within couple of weeks. They did not care if you are working or whether you can talk freely. Their time is more important than yours. Plus they talked as if they are doing a favor by talking to me. I make far more than most of those recruiters there yet I was talked down as if I am nobody. They have no intention of working with you or working for you. They do not have your best interest at heart. They want you at their disposal like robots who won't complain or challenge them in any way. Seriously being the leader in consulting, I expected better from them!

They insist on you signing a contract even before telling you anything about the opportunity, the pay involved or the commute, benefits, etc. I chose not to sign and they basically shut me down. I quote "I’m reluctant to take an hour of unpaid work to interview you if you’re this unsure." "Unpaid work???" I wasn't unsure - I didn't agree with terms! There is a difference but bullies don't understand that, do they? I will not work with them. If I am ever in a position to hire (which will happen in near future) I will not hire them.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

When I signed up with OfficeTeam, things went well for a while. I signed up with the Westwood office and got a few temporary long term jobs, although I didn't like dealing with Sheena **. But I moved to the valley and wanted to work in the area so I signed up with the Woodland Hills office. I dealt with Sabrina **. She offered me jobs that were like fantasy jobs with travel and great pay - jobs that seemed way above my skill level but being very hungry for a job I said yes to them all, to absolute no avail. I never got a call back or a follow through to any of the jobs that were offered. I thought it was very shoddy of them to do that.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I was contacted by Soojin **, a recruiter of RH (Philadelphia, PA). She was extremely aggressive, rude, and disorganized. I was caught off guard when she called me again about a 1-5 job, for 12.00/hr. She again harassed me about my resume, my work experience, and other petty issues. I called back to speak to a manager, and was put through to Jonea **, who it turns out is a lawyer. I don't want to go into a lot of detail, as I am planning a legal action, but she is horrible, and has no people skills. Do not do business with this company. They are deceptive, and treat people like dirt.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I went into work the other day only to find out that my contract had “expired”. Apparently someone from office team was supposed to reach out to me last week to let me know. I got zero notice and because this is a temp agency apparently I have no legal rights when it comes to getting severance or notice.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I signed up with them last year and was only called once for a inventory job for a clothing store. It was for 4 hrs. I had called them many times and was given the runaround. That's only if someone answer the phone. Most of the time I had to leave a message on a recording. No one called me back. The funny thing is I would see jobs listed on other sites from Robert Half (Office Team) needing clients to fill clerk positions which I am overqualified to do. I am retired and over 50 and ** so it could be ageism or racism or both. Not happy with the way I was treated.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

The recruiters are very push and wants you to take the first job that you're offered. If you don't take the offer then they tend to back off a little and I wouldn't hear from them as often. I would email them to check in for jobs and they wouldn't email back. It gets very unprofessional on their side. When I didn't hear back after a few emails I would call the recruiter and she would speak to me as if I was her child (very rude). So I emailed her manager Kevin and the manager above him. After talking to him I thought he was going to help. He told me to contact him direct and he will work with me. So I did and he's never emailed or called me back. Super unprofessional... Very disappointing at Jacksonville office.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

RH basically ruined my life! I was happy at my old job! This so call "Vice President/Account Operations of Toronto" call me pushing me to quit my job for a better opportunity! Ya I have to admit I believe in her!!! Big mistake! I follow her direction and quit my job to go work for a hell place of discrimination. After my third days at this new job suppose to be so great place, I had to quit that job! I got so sick, pulling over the Highway to vomit! I call that so call Vice President RH to inform the situation! Her respond was "ya I was aware how rude that company was!!!" First time I hear this!! She said, "You should never quit!" No one trained me. Left me there and I did not know how the system work, I was called bad name, discriminate, bully, been call stupid! I never experience a situation like that in my life!!!

RH care only for themself $$$ they don't do any investigating. She never call me back or try to replace my job. It's been 5 months now and I am still unemployed! I am about to lose my house. I email, call them and nothing in returned! Shame on you! I know it's my fault, I decide to quit my old job to go work for RH new position. However HOW DARE you telling people to quit your happy job and go for a better opportunity that you didn't take time to look at the office and lie to me!! I believe in Karma and I do wish to see you when it will hit you as much as damage you did to me and my family! STAY AWAY FROM ROBERT HALF!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I am so disappointed with a specific recruiter at Accountemps. I've had problems with them in the past, and I was so hesitant in using their service again. Once again, they abruptly ended my assignment without giving me any kind of feedback with my services to their clients. I do not understand why places like Accountemps would abruptly end assignments. Most of the time, clients would be the one to tell you that they are ending your assignments. The client has trusted me with the drawer keys, and when I returned the key the next morning, my recruiter got upset with me. She said that I did not follow her instructions to not go back to the location.

Apparently, she wanted to meet me privately. When I told another recruiter that I wish I would be given feedback after every assignment, she started accusing me of sending clients vendors with proprietary information, and that was supposed to be the client's feedback. Accountemps are not very professional people. You would go at their client's location the last minute, you will not get any kinds of training, but they expect me to train someone when you get to the job location. This particular person would yell at you like you work for them, when they actually work for us. I would never ever use Accountemps again.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

My experience with Robert Half was very awful and unprofessional. I was verbally abused at the assignment they sent me to and when I reported it, they let me go. The supervisor told me I had to wear makeup and jewelry and wear a cardigan to cover myself when I was not wearing anything unprofessional. I took a picture of myself and a picture of the supervisor (who was wearing see through leggings). I have never been treated like that before and I don't want anybody to experience what I went through. They acted as if I was unprofessional and I have been in the professional field and I have a lot of experience. I am happy I am a paralegal now at a law firm that respects me as a woman.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I had bad experiences every time recruiters call me for job opportunities. First, I got phone interview and that went well. After that, the recruiter wanted to interview me over Skype which I provide my Skype ID through email. He never call me or send me an email. Don't bother getting job from this scam company. All they do is collect personal information and job history. They will waste your time.

Original review: July 3, 2017

My problem with this company is that they will call you three times in a row and not leave a message. When you call back there is no way to get a hold of the person that is calling or find out who it was. Very unprofessional, stay away.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I left a my position through Robert Half with Prime Therapeutics due to a death in my family. I took some time away and moved out of state to help my family recuperate after such a loss for my family. When I returned I called Robert Half and applied on Robert Half's website to seek employment. I've called the location in Irving on Decker Ct speaking to Diane, Brittney, and Amber and the location in Fort Worth on Summit Ave speaking to Yvonne, Matthew, and Priscilla. I left several voicemails and the recruiters (Brittney, Amber, Matthew and Priscilla) never returned my voicemail. When I say "never" I'm not over exaggerating. None of the 4 recruiters I just mentioned ever returned my voicemail. I had to call them several times in a day to get ahold of them after already leaving several voicemails.

I expressed to Amber and Brittney that I was becoming frustrated with the lack of communication and was feeling that maybe calling corporate would be the best route. After talking to Brittney I decided not to call corporate at that time. Robert Half still did not have a position to offer me. I called the Fort Worth office where I spoke to Matthew. He seemed sympathetic to my situation considering that I was not getting effective communication from the Irving office. I was glad I did not call corporate at that time. I spoke to Matt on a Thursday, he told me to give him a call directly on Monday. I called Matthew on Monday and Tuesday leaving voicemails both times and never received a callback.

Today on July 3rd after reaching out to Robert Half for a month has decided to call corporate. Unless you're willing to drive to each branch every time you have an inquiry or wish to have your resume submitted to a client I suggest you do not seek Robert Half for employment. The customer service I have received from this company makes me want to never work for a temp agency again. This temp agency made me feel very unimportant and just horrible to be honest. It's a horrible feeling trying to find work to take care of your kids and recruiters don't even have the decency to return your calls.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I was asked to come in for an interview for a potential employment opportunity with Robert Half by their manager. I did the interview and the manager seemed impressed with my working experience and interview skills but when I was asked if I had a Bachelor's degree I told them no but that I was currently in college for my Associate in Business I was automatically shut down!

First and foremost, this was something their hiring management team should have been aware of long before being called to an interview. I know they saw my resume online. The way I see it, you don't call someone for a job interview, don't even bother to research the resume and come to the conclusion that they don't fill the void because it doesn't meet their requirements even though it was plainly stated on the resume. It is a waste of both employer and applicant's time and money! If someone from Robert Half calls you for a job interview ask them what qualifications they need for the position and it requires a degree of some sort. Otherwise, you are simply wasting your time.

Original review: June 23, 2017

There have been a few VP and Director jobs listed that I have applied for and the recruiter's email has been attached to the job posting. I have asked (one recruiter 15 times) to at least acknowledge my email and that my resume was received. Yet no response at all. They don't seem to understand that if hired from their help, or at least a response, once hired I would be loyal to them. Now that I have a job, through another agency, if a Robert Half person comes knocking on my door, I will ignore them just as they did me. They are unprofessional.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I was contacted by Jose ** for a job opportunity. I returned his phone call and I even responded to his email. This place is not worth your time, they are unprofessional and very rude from the front desk to the recruiters. It was obvious he told the receptionist to screen his calls. I did not hear back from Mr. ** and he did not even have the decency to let me know if the job had been filled or not. This is common courtesy because for us job seekers it's important that they let us know so we are not waiting around. I understand that recruiters are busy all the time but do not contact potential candidates if you have no intention of returning their calls just because you found somebody else to fill it!!! A simple email would have suffice. I felt like an idiot calling this man when he had no intention of ever returning my calls. Please do yourself a favor and go with another staffing agency.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I've attempted to remove myself from the Robert Half email spam list they have me on for a month or two. They stupidly added me to a list advertising candidates for a city about 1500 miles from the one I'm based out of, so not only am I not interested in the candidates they supposedly want to send me, now they've annoyed me to the point that I've decided to block their entire network from sending email to anyone in my company. The most recent spam was just this afternoon, from address 204.75.127.192 which is part of their public 204.75.64.0/18 registered to them, so I know it was not a forgery. So, that will be the last one they send that anyone at my company receives. If you're a job seeker, I'd look for someone who markets you to relationships they've actually cultivated instead of harvesting email addresses they think might be someone hiring new staff.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Avoid Robert Half Technology. It's worse than a waste of your time, it's a waste of opportunity. Once they represent you (and I use that term VERY loosely) for a position, you can't very well do an end run around them and work with the employer on your own. Using my experience as an example, RHT in New Hampshire pursued me as a candidate on 6 separate occasions. I happened to be a somewhat passive job seeker looking for a position of greater scope and responsibility. Since I already had a job, I requested that Skype interviews and phone calls be scheduled so that could speak freely. This often required that I take time off work for these calls and interviews. I made these facts known each time to the RHT recruiter with whom I happened to be working at the time.

Never once have any of them shown up for the scheduled meeting. Emails I've sent to RHT recruiters go unanswered. Requests for status go unanswered. On a few occasions, the RHT recruiter who I initially spoke with to discuss my experience, background, skill sets, aspirations, etc. did not represent me to the prospective employer. They instead sent others who could not answer questions about my background and experience and resulting in a poor representation of me.

My time, and yours, is too precious – as are the opportunities – to be wasted by unprofessional amateurs playing a numbers game. Apply for the role directly. No one will do a better job representing you than you. Engaging RHT will only harm your professional brand and your chances of landing a good position. How many stars do I give them for that?

Original review: April 26, 2017

I replied to 2 ads the day they posted. I heard back from 2 different recruiters within minutes of sending my resume. Both recruiters wanted in person interviews at their office, only AFTER contact information was provided for my current employer. Both jobs were either filled or withdrawn, on the next set of contact emails from RHL. This is a poor way to prospect for new business contacts!! Do they really have any real jobs or are they just posting ads to get leads? Avoid at all cost! They also violate labor laws by screening for employers, in ways that violate the law.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Ms. ** (Pasadena Division Director of Office Team, a subsidiary of Robert Half): was not doing her job in vetting her clients, and did allow exchange of services without all parties first agreeing (i.e. Robert Half's client, RH, and prospective candidate). All tasks should have be vetted, cleared by all parties, and agreed upon before a candidate is put in front of a "stranger", a word Mr. Chris ** (Regional VP) openly used in saying, "all our candidates are faced with strangers in first meeting them". He completely diluted my horrible experience into a trivial encounter by phone today, and this is why I say I do not feel safe having my information with Robert Half.

This is also why OT should have vetted Win Pont and their representatives better. Candidates should not be put in a position where they face potentially unethical business conduct because of a lack of background verification and thus, are subjected to an unsafe environment. Ms. ** should have vetted her client, provided a job description and some background information on Win Pont and Co. in writing prior to my interview (ie. Mr. Eric **, Director of Strategy, Mr. Jason **, CEO of Win Pont). If she was not able to, then she should have hired a translator or had someone who was capable of doing the legwork. In a nutshell, not have left it solely to me to feel out what their client Win Pont, wanted or not wanted, a point totally missed by Mr. ** (RVP) today.

Original review: April 5, 2017

Had a skype interview and received a phone call a week later asking if I was interested in a Paralegal position. I was so excited and we discussed the details of the company and I waited. And waited. I left a message and waited. Nothing. Received a phone call from another recruiter a couple of weeks later asking if I was interested in another assignment. Again, I was eager and excited and made plans to return to work full time the following Monday, which I was told was when I was needed for this new assignment.

I called back the next day to inquire as to the status of the opening and was told it was no longer a full time position. What? Do these people not understand they're dealing with individual's lives? They don't have the time to call their clients back and keep them in the loop? Again, I'm crushed and saddened by a company that made promises to me regarding my future. How can a company allow their employees to treat hardworking individuals that trust them with their future so poorly? This company needs to be exposed for who they are.

Robert Half Company Information