4.24/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Western Governor's University MBA

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Western Governor's University MBA Reviews

Original review: April 22, 2018

I enjoyed the curriculum they gave me to achieve in the world of business. They already knew I had a baseline of classes from my undergraduate, and they paced me accordingly. Maybe there was a little bit of overlap with my undergrad studies but I felt the classes were challenging. I would recommend Western Governor's University to anyone trying to get on the fast track in business. It's a great program and it prepared me very well for the future. It's well worth the endeavor.

Original review: April 21, 2018

It is just nice to be in WGU and I love the campus, teachers, students, learning environment, and it is just great and I would love to stay here as much as I can. The online courses are so good that I just can't forget and I would like to continue my education with the rest of my life. All professors are so knowledgeable and nice.

Get expert buying tips about Online MBA Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I chose Western University as the school for me because they offer great flexible courses that keep me engaged, and wanting to learn more. I love that they offer flexible class schedules that is right for me. My overall experience with Western Governor's University has been a very fun experience for me. I enjoy my teachers and all Western Governor's University offers but I wish they would offer more flexible start dates throughout the year for more students to able to attend this great school.

Original review: April 14, 2018

The classes are great and the professors are always helpful with everything. They are always there to answer any questions that I have and will give out great things to study. I like the school and classes. I've taken some business and computer classes that are really helpful in my everyday life and will definitely be great when I use it in the office. Maybe they could have a faster way of graduating but I pretty much like everything about Western Governor's University.

Original review: April 23, 2018

This is a great school. The professors are top notch and the rest of the faculty is especially helpful as you pursue your degree. They provide you with all the tools you need to be successful and they really treat you as an individual and make sure your progress is sufficient for you. I have found the online courses to be challenging and engaging. You really get a chance to dive into the material and learn as much as you can at your own speed without any undue pressure. I love the professors and the courses but some of the material is a bit dated and some of the classes don't offer credit for living and doing it. If you aren't really engaged you could be forgotten so it's important to stay engaged.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Western Governor's University MBA?

Original review: April 24, 2018

The cost is what made me choose Western Governor's, and the education is adequate and convenient - other online schools are way overpriced and lack the education and training - it's not a fraudulent school like most online colleges. I went to different online schools and I find them to be fraudulent and lacking in actual college-level education. But I would like to see more option for degrees in Western Governor's, meaning; different degrees in multiple areas and maybe special focus - specific focus on different disciplines.

Original review: April 25, 2018

It is a great learning experience and it will do the best at helping to get your degree. It is better than all the other ones I check upon, I would choose this one first. It is a fair college to learn at, people are very helpful here. I would definitely tell my friends. You can do it at any time and on your own device. It is well taught and easy to do. If you have any questions, there is an easy way to find all of the answers that you need.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I want to be able to go to the classes that I want. I want to be able to do my coursework during the middle s of the night. If I want to do classwork at three o' clock in the morning then I should be able to do it then. But I wanted Western Governor's University MBA to be more up to date with the information that is given out to us. I want them to ask us what we think about the content and not just shove it down our throats. But it was a good experience. The times I wanted to take the classes was convenient to my work schedule. I was able to take as many of those classes as I wanted to. They let me take the coursework that went towards my major and not a bunch of fluffy classes.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Very flexible and completely accessible training based on current student needs with partial credit for life experiences on a practical level in a decent interval. But should have the ability to work on a more flexible schedule and more credit for lifetime experiences. Otherwise it all works fairly well.

Original review: April 15, 2018

The MBA program is designed for the working individual who cannot attend a campus university. The Western Governor's University MBA program has many courses offered and the enrollment process is easy with the help of their inclusive instructions. But their instructions could possible explained a little more clearly. The course selections were well defined and the cost per course was quite acceptable. The courses already taken have been very positive with a great format and the course content was what I would have expected except it was much more enjoyable and will be enrolling in additional courses shortly to hopefully attain my MBA in the near future. Overall a great online experience.

Western Governor's University MBA expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Western Governor’s University is an American private, nonprofit online university based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Its online MBA program is flexible and can be completed at your own pace.

• Program length: An online MBA at WGU is designed to be flexible; instead of working on the same courses throughout a term, students can complete courses they’ve mastered and move on to more advanced courses during the same term. Most students complete an online MBA at WGU in 1-3 years, with the average around two years for students who spend at least 20 hours per week on their studies.

• Credit requirements: WGU requires the completion of “competency units” (CUs), its equivalent of the traditional academic credit hour. To complete the online MBA, you must complete 34 CUs, which is the equivalent of 10 or 11 classes.

• Tuition and fees: WGU charges a flat tuition of $3,250 per six-month term for its MBA program. Most graduate students complete about eight CUs per term, making the total tuition cost for an MBA around $14,000. Because you can work at your own pace, the more courses you can complete in one term, the more affordable your degree will be. You must also pay a one-time $65 application fee and a $145 resource fee per term. Most textbooks are provided electronically and do not have a separate fee.

• Key subject areas: Students focus their studies on topics like organizational leadership, global economics, human capital management, communication, marketing, ethics, financial management and more. WGU works with a National Advisory Board of corporate leaders to develop and update its curriculum requirements regularly to ensure that the MBA program focus stays relevant.

• Accreditation: WGU is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and accepts federal student grants and loans. It is also regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.

• Best for: experienced professionals who want to move up in their company or field and can spend 15 or more hours a week toward a degree and those who are motivated to complete an MBA very quickly.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs