4.24/5
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratings

17 Western Governor's University MBA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 26, 2018

I want to be able to go to the classes that I want. I want to be able to do my coursework during the middle s of the night. If I want to do classwork at three o' clock in the morning then I should be able to do it then. But I wanted Western Governor's University MBA to be more up to date with the information that is given out to us. I want them to ask us what we think about the content and not just shove it down our throats. But it was a good experience. The times I wanted to take the classes was convenient to my work schedule. I was able to take as many of those classes as I wanted to. They let me take the coursework that went towards my major and not a bunch of fluffy classes.

Original review: April 25, 2018

It is a great learning experience and it will do the best at helping to get your degree. It is better than all the other ones I check upon, I would choose this one first. It is a fair college to learn at, people are very helpful here. I would definitely tell my friends. You can do it at any time and on your own device. It is well taught and easy to do. If you have any questions, there is an easy way to find all of the answers that you need.

Get expert buying tips about Online MBA Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2018

The cost is what made me choose Western Governor's, and the education is adequate and convenient - other online schools are way overpriced and lack the education and training - it's not a fraudulent school like most online colleges. I went to different online schools and I find them to be fraudulent and lacking in actual college-level education. But I would like to see more option for degrees in Western Governor's, meaning; different degrees in multiple areas and maybe special focus - specific focus on different disciplines.

Original review: April 23, 2018

This is a great school. The professors are top notch and the rest of the faculty is especially helpful as you pursue your degree. They provide you with all the tools you need to be successful and they really treat you as an individual and make sure your progress is sufficient for you. I have found the online courses to be challenging and engaging. You really get a chance to dive into the material and learn as much as you can at your own speed without any undue pressure. I love the professors and the courses but some of the material is a bit dated and some of the classes don't offer credit for living and doing it. If you aren't really engaged you could be forgotten so it's important to stay engaged.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I enjoyed the curriculum they gave me to achieve in the world of business. They already knew I had a baseline of classes from my undergraduate, and they paced me accordingly. Maybe there was a little bit of overlap with my undergrad studies but I felt the classes were challenging. I would recommend Western Governor's University to anyone trying to get on the fast track in business. It's a great program and it prepared me very well for the future. It's well worth the endeavor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Western Governor's University MBA?

Original review: April 21, 2018

It is just nice to be in WGU and I love the campus, teachers, students, learning environment, and it is just great and I would love to stay here as much as I can. The online courses are so good that I just can't forget and I would like to continue my education with the rest of my life. All professors are so knowledgeable and nice.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I chose Western University as the school for me because they offer great flexible courses that keep me engaged, and wanting to learn more. I love that they offer flexible class schedules that is right for me. My overall experience with Western Governor's University has been a very fun experience for me. I enjoy my teachers and all Western Governor's University offers but I wish they would offer more flexible start dates throughout the year for more students to able to attend this great school.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Western Governor's University MBA is easy and flexible and convenient. The people online were very nice and helpful. They are sweet and kind. I loved the program because I'm working on my BA while working a full time job. I can get homework done very fast so I can spend time with family. I would love to get a masters degree to make my career go higher and I can't wait until I graduate and start my career. I would recommend this program to anyone wanting a college degree or wanting to further education. Go out and do it.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing Education from this definitely legitimate college. My credits from nursing school (where I got my Associate Degree) transferred just fine. Obviously, some credits won't transfer (like most if not all other colleges) if the time between has been too long, like say, 5 years or greater.

I am in my first semester of my BSN program. I started October 1st... And in 5 weeks, I completed 8 courses, and am halfway through 2 more. I am halfway through my program in just over a month!!! My mentor is awesome. I have already shortened my program from 18 months to 1 year, and may be done in 6 months. Some people complain their mentor won't let them do that... Ask for a new mentor, mine has been awesome with helping me every step of the way!!! I work full time, and there would be no way I could make time to sit in a classroom and complete this degree, nor do I have the desire to do that. What is great about this program... You know what you already know, learn what you need to learn, then take a test or do a project, and you move on.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I like the l availability of 24/7 courses to where it works around my schedule as well as able to learn from home or while traveling. This works for adult learners due to the schedules of the adults. Catered to working adults and those trying to better themselves. Very diverse group of students and teachers. My experience was phenomenal with great professional educators.

Original review: April 15, 2018

The MBA program is designed for the working individual who cannot attend a campus university. The Western Governor's University MBA program has many courses offered and the enrollment process is easy with the help of their inclusive instructions. But their instructions could possible explained a little more clearly. The course selections were well defined and the cost per course was quite acceptable. The courses already taken have been very positive with a great format and the course content was what I would have expected except it was much more enjoyable and will be enrolling in additional courses shortly to hopefully attain my MBA in the near future. Overall a great online experience.

Original review: April 14, 2018

The classes are great and the professors are always helpful with everything. They are always there to answer any questions that I have and will give out great things to study. I like the school and classes. I've taken some business and computer classes that are really helpful in my everyday life and will definitely be great when I use it in the office. Maybe they could have a faster way of graduating but I pretty much like everything about Western Governor's University.

Original review: April 8, 2018

My experience has been excellent. Easy as pie application process. Suited to my schedule exceptionally well. So convenient. And a better and more authentic and gratifying education experience than I had expected. I've gotten a lot of the courses and learned a lot. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for, or thinking about applying for online courses.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Western Governor's University MBA is just good and I really like my experiences in this school and I love to stay as long as can. I finished my degree about a couple years ago but I want to repeat a million time. It's nice and I love it. I will miss so much and can't wait to come back immediately.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I love my WGU, and I support the idea of online competency-based education. I have more than 20 years of exp, and I did not want to learn what is IP address, if you are like me then this school is for you. If you are motivated and have the computer with high-speed internet at home and ready to take challenges, go for WGU. I am graduating this year MS (CSIA) and I love it. I am going to finish my term in about 3 months.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Western Governors University MBA is worth a try. It allows me to continue working and further my education. It allows me to select courses that I want to take and at my own pace determined by my daily work schedule. But I dislike the cost of the schooling, the ability to run the school material on any platform depending where I am from time to time and how the course is being evaluated. Also I feel that gaining a certificate this way some employers is okay with it and some employers feel it is not too reliable about its legitimacy.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Very flexible and completely accessible training based on current student needs with partial credit for life experiences on a practical level in a decent interval. But should have the ability to work on a more flexible schedule and more credit for lifetime experiences. Otherwise it all works fairly well.

Western Governor's University MBA expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Western Governor’s University is an American private, nonprofit online university based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Its online MBA program is flexible and can be completed at your own pace.

• Program length: An online MBA at WGU is designed to be flexible; instead of working on the same courses throughout a term, students can complete courses they’ve mastered and move on to more advanced courses during the same term. Most students complete an online MBA at WGU in 1-3 years, with the average around two years for students who spend at least 20 hours per week on their studies.

• Credit requirements: WGU requires the completion of “competency units” (CUs), its equivalent of the traditional academic credit hour. To complete the online MBA, you must complete 34 CUs, which is the equivalent of 10 or 11 classes.

• Tuition and fees: WGU charges a flat tuition of $3,250 per six-month term for its MBA program. Most graduate students complete about eight CUs per term, making the total tuition cost for an MBA around $14,000. Because you can work at your own pace, the more courses you can complete in one term, the more affordable your degree will be. You must also pay a one-time $65 application fee and a $145 resource fee per term. Most textbooks are provided electronically and do not have a separate fee.

• Key subject areas: Students focus their studies on topics like organizational leadership, global economics, human capital management, communication, marketing, ethics, financial management and more. WGU works with a National Advisory Board of corporate leaders to develop and update its curriculum requirements regularly to ensure that the MBA program focus stays relevant.

• Accreditation: WGU is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and accepts federal student grants and loans. It is also regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.

• Best for: experienced professionals who want to move up in their company or field and can spend 15 or more hours a week toward a degree and those who are motivated to complete an MBA very quickly.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs