Video Professor

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Is anyone trying to sue? Couldn't find anything. I know I am late but just tried to open bank account with old bank and they said it was never refunded. I sent back both disk. Now no contact info for Video Professor. Site is still up? Smh. Please start a suit against John Scherer net worth over $250,000. Sign me up!!!

I purchased the 3 cd set for learning to sell on Ebay. Put the 1st cd in and got an error box saying the program file was corrupted and could not be played. Same with the other three. Found out the company has gone bankrupt. Big surprise. There is no way to recover the money I spent.

I ordered Video Professor tutorial CD pack. After a 7-day period, I received the said item. I was not satisfied with the product and contacted a rep from VP. I was notified that the 10-day trial period started the day the item was shipped. As a result, my personal bank account was charged $399 causing a $105 overdraft. After a dozen or so times to arrange for the guaranteed refund, I was finally notified by the Denver, Co. Better Business Bureau that Video Professor had filed for bankruptcy.

I had left my pc logged on while at work on 3/18/2010. As a joke, one of my co-workers had clicked on an ad and requested all of these demos to be sent to my house. He is a jokester, and this was innocent. In doing so, he was not aware that my CC information was preloaded into my wallet; and it auto-charged from my account to the Video Professor.

I had gone out of town on business, and upon my return, I found the packet from Video Professor. Upon seeing the bill ($399.95), I called Video Professor immediately and was told only half of the billed amount would be refunded. I told the gentleman that this was not acceptable and that I would be sending it back that day and full refund would be expected. I still have return receipts from the post office to this day and have never received any refund whatsoever. And I am ticked off.

Since then, the 800 number has been disconnected and there is no way that I can find to contact the company. A little help!? How do they get away with this? I never signed anything and opened anything. So if anyone can help, please do.

Paid by credit card $ 6.95 shipping. Waited six weeks for delivery. Never received package.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Video Professor?

Video Professor came in the mail (not ordered by me). I was unable to mail it back within the allotted amount of time due to the fact I was out of town on work at the time. I called and spoke with a someone from the company. When disputing the package, I was told I would receive a notebook computer (I did not own a computer) in the mail and a 100.00 dollar voucher (price taken off Video Professor package), if I were to keep the product and not return it.

I agreed to keep it if I was sent the laptop and the 100.00 dollar voucher. I received neither the voucher or the notebook computer! The 400.00 dollars taken from my account overdrew it and cost me even more from bank charges. I wish to have a refund of full amount. The package has never been used even. Can I have some sort of compensation for my expenses? I will mail the product back to the company.

I have a CD-ROM from Video Professor, and when I click on the tab, they don't work. The copyright is 2006. I have tried to contact them through email and telephone, and there's no response. Could you give me a little more information please?

By fault, I went on a PC for free advertisement on the radio. I went on the site and filled up few of that consumer statistic online forms. I got a video professor CD for which initially they charged me $9.99 and later charged me $189. The bank alerted me. I went back to them saying I am returning the CD, and I returned them as they said how. It cost me $10 for postal stamp. When I called them to find out the status, they said they received it. The one who answered was James, from expense tracker. They did give me a reference number, saying the money will be refunded. It never happened until this moment.

I purchased Ebay CD from Video Professor for $6.95 on 4/26/2009. Then immediately, I was charged $189.00 on 05/01/2009. I called and got an RA number from a customer service lady. She said to send the address and received it after I called again. I thought they were planning on giving me a credit for the account, which they did after yelling and screaming at them. Then within a 14-day period, they again had charged my CC for $6.95 plus $189.00 on 05/31/2009.

I called them and asked them what they are doing. They said it was a mistake and planning on returning the money. Instead, they cheated me and never gave any of my money back. I am still trying with the help of my CC company to get the money back, but the customer service number is no longer working? Please help. I really would appreciate it. Thank you.

I saw the $6.95 deal and ordered one Office Word CD with the intent to order more if it was good for the family to learn ok. A month later had the $399.00 charge. I called and complained. Was told I should have read there fine print, but they could refund me $200.00 and give out one year of free internet use. I never got my refund! But have a paper verification of the refund to be sent to me! Cannot get into the website to use any information like told and all the numbers and website emails are either not answering or will not be returned.

The website says to contact your bank, but the time limits for banks disputes ends up being too long by the time you mess around trying to deal with Video Professors unprofessionalism. They did not even ship the products they say I ordered by not meeting their own set timeline for the entire set of CD's! What is Video Professor afraid of? Why won't they handle their issues in a professional manner? I challenge them to do so and make good on the promises they have made and set up a phone system to handle those issues. Very disappointed!

Buying online 101. Never use your debit or credit card to purchase online. I have a Bank of America Credit Card and with it you can (online) get a temporary Credit card number tied to your credit card number. I do that with every online purchase. So when I bought my Video Professor which had a free disk offer and all you have to do is pay s/handling.

I went to Bank of America online and generated a temporary Credit card number with a spending limit of $10 and used that to pay shipping and handling on my free disk. My credit card was billed $6.99 and since the limit on that card number was $10 they were unable to charge me like they have done all these other folk. BTW if you use a temporary number and they say they were unable to process your card it means they are trying to bill you the full amount. Stand your ground and do not give them you permanent credit card number, just learn to live without whatever your trying to purchase.

The website offered a promotion program for $1. For this amount, I purchased Microsoft Access learning program and received it. In 30 days, from my bank account, I was charged $399. I contacted Video Professor and a representative offered me to return the purchase and refund the money. I mailed it back as I was instructed. As per returned receipt, my package was delivered on 05/23/2010. However, I never got my money back.

On 11/14/10, I preceded to order Video Professor online as a sponsor participation for $1.00 plus $4.95 processing fee on trial. I was thanked for my order but at the bottom of the page I needed to check the box to the left which I read and did not agree to joining USA Benefits, in which I did not check the box. So low and behold, a few hours later, I was phoned by a USA Benefit representative thanking me for joining? First of all, I did not check the box to join, so why is he calling me? I told the rep that I have a copy to prove this and that I was not interested in Video Professor or USA Benefits.

How do they get away with this? Just sign me up anyway? Then, when I noticed $120.41 missing from my account, I called Video Professor today, 12/02/10 and spoke to Annette about a refund. She preceded to tell me about the terms. Her terms on line 4 were altogether different from the terms I looked at. She said line 4 said $120.41 would be deducted from my account after 10 days. The terms I read and I quoted to her said $59.41. So I told her I needed a refund of my money, so she gave me an ID number and a confirmation number. I was transferred to Heather. Note, I was told that I was looking at an old agreement! Heather read the terms which also said $120.41. I told her I've never seen this agreement and I never was issued a member ID # or had never received an email from them to confirm this order, nothing!

She told me that she could not refund my $120.41, only $60.00 in 10 business days and with a confirmation number. I feel that I should have been refunded all my money. Plus, I never used their services. They got $60.41 from me for nothing! That money was for my rent. Now I will have late fees. I could kick myself. Lessons learned. This company is just a rip off and they basically do what they want to the consumers. It's so sad during times when the economy is doing bad and right at Christmas. I've had it with "Video Professor"! Never again. I wish I could get my money back that I spent on the 3 DVDs I purchased from them back in 2006. They don't deserve to be in business and I hope I live to see them go "out of business"!

I, too, have had my issues with Video Professor, mostly stemming from its deceptive and misleading advertising. But, alas, Video Professor, Inc. changed its name to Content Distributing, Inc. a few months ago, and recently filed for bankruptcy in Colorado Dist. Bankruptcy Court (Case No. 10-34729 MER).

In late December of 2009, I accepted a 30 day risk free trial of Photoshop 7 as seen on ABC News website. Video Professor immediately charged my credit card $389.95. I called, and followed all instructions for returning the product. I was given an RA number to return it. After a couple of weeks , I called again to verify receipt, and to find out when I would receive my refund. After ten months of calls and research, I find that Video Professor no longer exists, or at least is impossible to contact. Do I have any legal means of recourse? I have, unless you can help me, been scammed out of $389.95.

We ordered the "free trial for 30 days" of the video professor introduction to computers course. When the materials arrived, it was clear the product was a lot more expensive than originally explained to us. We returned it on time, got a return authorization code and were promised the $484 they charge on our card. The check has never arrive and we just learned the company does not exist anymore.

In October of last year, I was searching on the internet and came across what appeared to be a fairly good deal with the Video Professor. I was recently unemployed, and due to economic reasons, jobs were scarce, so I decided to look into trying to work from home. The Video Professor offered a course in beginning a new business and offered a money back guarantee, so I decided to pay the $99.95 for the kit plus the $9.95 shipping fee to look into it.

I found out that the business plan was not for me, and I proceed to follow the instructions to the letter in returning the product. I spoke with a representative named Norma, who told me that they would refund all of my money as long as I sent back all of the materials in their entirety (even though the kit said you could keep one of the discs for free), that I would get back my $99.95 for the kit and my $9.95 shipping fee.

It has been over a year now, and though I have tried numerous times to contact them, I have yet to find a working phone number or even receive my money. The word guarantee implies a sense of security, and the Video Professor has done anything but live up to their "honest" advertising and so-called guarantees.

What does it take to impose legal ramifications for companies like Video Professor that take advantage of unsuspecting customers by the use of false advertising? Will I receive my refund upon my death?

I ordered free CD for at home learning of computer training. S&H was what I expected to pay. My debit card was billed for $400. I made contact with the company and was promised a refund of $200. I was sent several learning CD's for at home training. I was not satisfied to have over $400 billed to my debit card. I was sent a form from Video Professor claiming to be refunded and was encouraged to be patient and that my refund would arrive in 4-6 weeks. The number on my letter is always busy and I can't reach them, not even online. I hope my special needs family member could have learned from these easy to use lessons, but I am learning that Video Professor is a scam and I made a sacrifice to help a family member, but I am so sorry to have believed in this deceiver.

In early February of this year (2010), I accepted a two-week free trial period to try out the 'Learn Excel' lesson. Life was a little crazy at that time, working two full-time jobs and before I knew it, I had a $389.95 charge to my bank account (which I was never aware of how much the lesson would cost me if I wanted to purchase it!).

Within 2 days of the charge incurring to my account, I called Customer Service to advise I would be returning their product and therefore requesting a refund. The gentleman I spoke with gave me an RA# as well as specific instructions as to how to return the product. I sent back the product per their instructions along with a USPS delivery confirmation receipt. USPS tracked the delivery and confirmed they received it on March 4. I called again and they informed me it would take up to 30 days for my account to be credited. After 30 days, I called again and was informed that it was 30 business days!

After the 30 business days had passed, I called again and spoke with a supervisor who told me she couldn't understand why it hadn't posted, as all was in order and scheduled to have been credited, but she would now have to manually post the credit which would take up to 2 weeks! I was very displeased with this outcome and questioned her as to why it would take so long since it was being manually posted and she reassured me that it was just how the process worked, however she would try to put a rush on it! Two weeks later, when my credit was still not posted, I called again only to find a recording stating that they were in the process of transitioning their Customer Service department to be handled via the internet and to please be patient during this transition.

I called back a week later and got the same message so I went to their website and saw the message indicating that they weren't processing any refunds at this time, however would need to contact financial institution to receive refund. In good faith, I waited another couple of weeks for my credit to be posted, as I knew the company was reputable and had been around for along time...still nothing! That supervisor bald-faced lied to me. She knew damn well they weren't going to be answering their phones in 2 weeks. How could she not have?! When I did contact my financial institution, the 120 days from the date charge was incurred had passed and there was nothing they could do to make charge a valid dispute per their guidelines.

So I am not just out the $389.95, but I don't even have the product anymore that I was charged for! I was living paycheck to paycheck at the time and am now unemployed, so that money is the difference between me being able to get some much needed repairs/maintenance on my car or continuing to drive it in the condition it is in and creating even bigger problems which will most certainly be beyond my means. I cannot believe that this reputable company has been able to get away with such shoddy business practices and committed such supposedly legal theft on so many trusting consumers!

I cannot understand how they are still being allowed to be in any kind of business, not to mention other reputable companies allowing them to purchase space to advertise their products knowing how they have totally stolen so much money from so many people! I will personally blackball any media in which I see promoting this shoddy merchant and will educate everyone I know, as well as everyone I see, that may not realize they are supporting such white collar criminals!

Last April, I ordered the "free video" paying only shipping. I received the video and as stated on the cover, I called within ten days to cancel any further mailings. The man who answered the phone told me that for $199.00, I could use video professor online for one year. I could access any program and could use tech services free for the year. The tech number he gave me is 1-800-557-6233. The payment of $199.00 would be paid at $66.60 per month over a period of three months. Once I tried to get into the online program, none of my information was recognized and all of the 800 numbers are no longer in service. I have tried to reach them through their "contact us" email but have received no reply.

The only lesson I have learned is, based on all the complaints that seem to go unanswered, Mr. Video Professor must believe he can take money, provide no service and get by with it. I am going to give him an **. I also plan to write the Attorney General of every state and log a complaint with any TV show where his commercials are aired.

I ordered a video related to E-Bay selling and money making opportunities. It was a $1.95 S/H charge. I received it. Within a few days after the receipt was billed $389.95 on my same debit card to Video Professor, I called and they said that I had 10 days to agree or disagree to the product offerings. I explained first that I didn't have that kind of money; I just lost my job. Secondly, I had a lot of the videos already. And why would I agree to doubling such an item? The customer service lady would not give me her name but said I could return and she would process for a refund.

I sent them back. I called to confirm they had them and was told it would take 30 days to have the debit returned. We had a discussion about that unfair practice but of course, I am at their mercy. 30 days came and went and still, I had not received refund, so I called again. They again acknowledged that I had returned the product and apologized for the delay but within 30 days, I would have the refund. This started in February and to date I still have not received refund. I went on their website after the second time of being told this information. I found a statement saying the bank is to collect the money back.

So, I took their website page with the instructions and a copy of my transaction coming out of the account, and asked the bank to process also. Guess what, I still got no money. This may not seem like much money to some, but it is a lot to others and this is very wrong and unfair. Why do companies still show them in their catalogs when they can't stand behind commitments of fair practice? Someone needs to get all of us squared away first. I have unemployment and health issues; I need the money. I wanted this video to see if I could make more money somehow and it has cost me dearly. Why can't anyone help us? I see below that we can be contacted by an attorney. That is fine if I am going to get all of my money back with no legal fees. I am the victim, not the criminal.

It came up in other searches and said free trial, but once I found out, they dealt with USABenefits. I, within minutes tried to unsubscribe and did
but they charged my account twice at $1.00

and $1.95 without permission. This is not free trial. I am finding out that corporation USA are crooks, there is no free trial. I have gotten my money back from others but these thieves will not relinquish my money and I know it's not a large amount but it is my money, not theirs. How would they like it if I stole from them?

On 1-11-10, I spoke with "Ray" at 800-525-7763 and told him I had returned a Vidprof which I had received in the mail and did not want and he saw where it had been returned and said he would issue credit for the $189.95 that I had been charged. "No credit yet."

On 3-4-10, I spoke with someone at 800-525-7763 because I had received another Vidprof in the mail and I did not want it and charged another $189.95 and I was given a RTN # of SPR 8440574 to return the item and I put it back in the mail. On 4-21-10, I spoke with Mathew and he told that credit should be coming for both returns of $ 189.95 each to me in about 5 days. I sent an e-mail about not getting my credits on 5-3-10 and again on 5-16-10. Today is 8-27-10 and I am still waiting for two credits of $189.95 each. When will I get my credits? I want an answer!

In January of 2010, I ordered an free DVD from Video Professor.com on line. I was required to pay $9.95 shipping. I gave them my Debit card from PNC Bank. On February 4, 2010, I received a full set of 6 DVDs in the mail during one of the largest snowstorm on the east coast in a century. I noticed in my January bank statement that Video Professor took $398 from my account for this set of DVDs I never ordered. I contacted them immediately and was advised how to return the product properly and was promised a total money back guarantee. This was their refund policy. I have yet to receive my refund or an explanation, only bold face lies by people on the phone.Then there was no phone service available because we now had to use their web site to log a complaint. I have logged 7 complaints to Video Professor, 2 to the Federal Trade Commission and 1 to the BBB. This is disgusting.

Ordered free cd about ebay. They added $389.95 on my credit card. I was told that I would get a refund. No emails or written receipts. This has dragged out so long that even the credit card company wilol not do anything, due to time and lack of written information.

We are working to reconcile the finances of a family member with dementia. We have found two charges for $399 for the eBay program. Attempts to reach the company result in 'phone disconnected, no further information' messages.

Soon after I was laid off from my job in January of this year, I ordered what I thought was a free (plus shipping and handling) Video Professor lesson. After I had the product for 10 days, they charged my account $389.95. I immediately called and told them I didn't authorize them to take that amount out of my account. I was told that the product was on a 10-day free trial and I had gone past the 10 days. The person I talked to told me I could return the product for a refund. She also said I'd get my refund in 30 business days. I sent the product back the very same day and about a week later, I received an email stating that the product had been returned with the amount of my expected refund.

After the 30 days passed, I called again and was promised that my refund would be expedited. Two weeks went by and I tried to call again. I got a recording saying they were no longer doing business by phone and referred me to their Web site. I emailed them twice and threatened them with legal action if they didn't send me my refund. After my second email attempt, I got an automatic response that said they weren't currently processing refunds.

I contacted my state attorney general's office and they began an investigation, but since no other complaints were made to their office about this company, they referred my case to the Colorado AG's office. I'm waiting to find out what they can do for me. I found out too late that I could have gone to my bank (within the first 60 days after the debit was taken from my account) and gotten my money back. I can't believe this company is being allowed to do this to consumers. They should be shut down and ordered to pay restitution to those they've swindled!

Apparently, the same problem descriptions which everyone else has been having with V-P. My wife ordered a $39.95 trial offer on my household bank credit card with a money-back guarantee, etc. The packaged items arrived and I had an original fee charged in the amount of $6.95 for S&H. I was charged $399.95 and called their purported customer service department to return the items at the specified telephone number. A recording stated that they were transitioning to the internet and that I would have to contact my financial institution for a credit to my account. Meanwhile, I immediately mailed the received package in its entirety via USPS certified mail to the V-P address from whence it came. Only for the package to be returned within one week of mailing and marked "undeliverable as addressed, moved left, no forwarding address.”

I have gone around in circles via telephone and emails to the Household Bank's purported customer service department. I sadly have to report that they are on a par with the V-P's performance. They supposedly say that they have insufficient information; hence they absolve themselves of any action despite having been mailed copies of all the details for same. Evidently, I should include Household Bank in this complaint because their lack of concern and inability to contact the merchant that is aiding and abetting the V-P "scam." I'm sure that HB continues to charge other people using this merchant.

I wrote an email today to the V-P CEO’s address provided on their website and this was immediately returned as undeliverable. I then tried sending the same request for assistance in this matter directly to John Scherer and, guess what, that also was returned as undeliverable. If at all possible, I would like to dissuade anyone from ordering items from the Video Professor's organization and caution them that Household Bank will do absolutely nothing for anyone who has been charged fees on HB credit cards institution because they respond with, "Not enough details provided to dispute this account." In conclusion, I would really enjoy returning the dubious package to John Scherer and advising where he should stick the same!

I intend informing all family members, friends, and acquaintances about my regrettable experience with both V-P and HB, accordingly. Both my wife and I are seniors and currently unemployed due to lay-offs. So the $400 charge is an appreciable amount to lose and to add salt to the wound, I will eventually pay interest on the disputed amount.

I talked to a receptionist. I don't remember her name. She said I couldn't get my money back. See, they charged $399.00 to my Visa debit card. She said she could send me a $200.00 gift rebate and that was the best she could do. I received the card, but I didn't use it because I wanted the $399.00 they took out of my account. But the 800 number I called were out of service and now I need help. Thank you

They took $399.00 out of my account and I wrote checks to pay my bills and they bounce so I had to pay $28.00 bank changes on all checks plus the total of the checks, which put me in a big hole.

I ordered the disk and got them in the mail a few days later. They said I would only be charged $8.00 a month. Then they charged my account $389.95. So I called them to return for a refund. They said it would take six weeks. I waited two months and nothing had been credited to my account. The lady told me to give them two more weeks and I would be credited. Now it's been over six months and nothing yet. I decided to call them again, only to find the 800 number has been disconnected. I didn't know it was a scam. If anyone can help me to recover my loses. I would be very thankful. Yes it put a hardship on my family for that month. That was the money I was going to buy food for my family that month.

Video Professor Company Profile