Compare Tutoring

Research top Tutoring recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My complaint today April 21, 2015 is regarding Tutor.com deliberately blocking my access to my remaining 5 hours and 32 minutes (I am owed 9 minutes for waste trying to gain access). I connected to ** (calculus) just to prove my account is blocked. ** connected me to ** (statistics tutor) who could not receive my uploaded document which was also blocked access. Tutor.com is upset that I complained and will continue to complain about their lousy tutors and service. Tutor.com also complained to Post University which is my college where I study statistics as if Post U would discipline me. I am now owed a total of 42.9 minutes of tutor minutes back to my account.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Tutor.com offers one-on-one, personalized tutoring over the Internet. It focuses mainly on middle school and high school students.

• Tutoring is completely individualized: Sessions include answers to students' specific questions and are also customized to meet student needs.
  • Many tutors have PhDs or other postgraduate degrees: Doctors, lawyers and post-graduate students comprise the majority of this company's tutoring body.
  • AP exam prep: Students seeking advanced placement credit can get help from Tutor.com
  • 24/7 access: Students can access tutors at any time of day or night, making this service ideal for those who study best late at night.
  • Tutoring is all online: Students can access the virtual classroom from anywhere using an Internet-enabled computer or mobile device.
  • Best for Kids who are failing and college-bound teenagers.

Compare Tutoring