St. Johns University Criminal Justice

Compare Online Criminal Justice Degree Programs

Research top Online Criminal Justice Degree Programs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It is an ok value but I wouldn't highly recommend the program for just anyone... I mean it's not the worst out there but it sure isn't the best in its class either. I give the qualifications a higher recommendation because it is quite easy to get into the school really, as long as you gave a diploma and are willing to learn. The course selection is pretty good with all things considering, the courses were very good and in depth. It was one of the few good things about the school. I'd have to say the ease of learning is very good here... you are able to learn at your own pace and not feel so rushed giving you the chance to take it all in.

Their classes never teach me anything about justice and others. The teachers seem really clueless and nobody wants to attend their classes. It was embarrassing when I was signing up because I didn't want my family to know that I am attending these types of classes and their online form was very confusing. It had some courses I liked but it wasn't high quality because I think they hire some random person off the streets to teach us something. I didn't learn anything of these courses because the teacher never elaborate their responses. It's just straight up vague and confusing.

The classes were very valuable because I really wanted to learn so I could decide which way to go in my career. The classes were so valuable. They helped me get my job. The instructors were not only qualified by degrees but also experience. The instructors had over 20 years of experience to share. I am so grateful to learn from that experience. The course selection was very wonderful. Not only was there a great class selection but also a great teacher selection with all different experiences. I am very grateful for the choices I had. The learning was very hands on it helped me a lot to understand more easily to follow and retain. I'm very thankful for the way they helped care to my learning needs. Thank you so much for all the help you have done for me in passing this class.

Highly valuable as I learned more than anticipated and I am able to use what I have acquired and learned for a broader experience and now I feel like I can achieve anything. I was very pleased with the knowledge and what I was able to learn. In addition I felt that I could ask questions as often as needed and I felt pleased with the answers I received. There was an abundance of courses for everyone and for their needs whether they just want to learn a new skill or use that course for the next career. The course choices was enough that I had to make a decision. Very amazing for me and never did I feel as if I wasting time nor money. The classes and courses were so useful and helpful although keep in mind learning is never easy but it was successful.

Better value than others. I was very pleased with my choice to chose St Johns. I would recommend anyone who's looking to take this or any courses to put your trust here. The staff is one of the best. Ever. If I had to make a choice again, I would choose St Johns again. They work with you and give you one on one help. They care. They seem to be there even outside the classroom. If I had any problems they were always able to help or directed me to someone who would. I never had to wait long for a reply. It was always easy to learn because you always knew help was near. Things were clear and easy to understand. I was so pleased with the staff. My daughter's enrolled as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about St. Johns University Criminal Justice?

Classes are cool, the school is cool, the teachers are cool, everything about the school is cool. The instructor was more than qualified to be teaching at this school, very educated person. The course selection are very good and there are plenty of classes to pick from. Would definitely recommend this school to anyone that is interested in attending. Very easy to learn at this school, nothing to hold you back, just straight ahead. Would like to go to school there everyday if possible, no way around it.

I happy with the value of this college. I learn about criminal justice. It is expensive but, well worth the money. I've learned a lot. I would recommend the qualifications. I think being in criminal justice you should expect more from your students. You should hold yourself and the school in high regards. Everything I wanted to take I was able to take here. Great professors will help you if you need it. They willing to help you choose the right courses for your career path. Criminal Justice is very hard course to manage. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication. If you study and pay attention during lectures, you'll do well.

The classes were excellent. I learn a lot about life, law and the purpose. This will help me personally. It has help me become more confident and knowledgeable. The instructor was very qualified. He was personal, professional and very articulate. He was also very creative and kept the class engaged. The class included the foundation of the legal system. It also included its purpose and how it functions today. It also revealed some of the errors in our way as a country. The material was easy to learn. I believe this is because the instructions were easy to retain. The class was very interesting, which made it fun to learn the information.

The professors that taught the course were well organized and quickly responded to e-mails and resolved any issues that may have or may not occurred. They meet more if not all of their qualifications. It's as though you were in an actual class setting and the professor was at the front of the class teaching you all the essentials needed to pass the class. GO TIGERS!!! The course was a part of my major so it's kind of a requirement but I didn't need to further pursue other criminal justice courses but the professors made it enjoyable enough to make me reconsider my current major. It's easier to learn online since everything is categorized and you can literally just copy and paste the lecture notes to a Word doc so it's easier to gain access to it when you need it to study or for homework.

It helped get a job in the field I wanted, and credits to continue to advance. This will be invaluable in my future endeavours. It's a really good school. I think the instructors were simply qualified, and had the knowledge to teach at an appropriate level to college students. The professors were great. I feel there were enough courses to provide a selection to meet many tastes and needs. I feel this class variety helped to meet my goals and learning requirements. I think online learning is the easiest way to learn. I can learn at my own speed and in my own environment at a time that's convenient for me and my family.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

St. John's University is a catholic university located in New York City. Founded in 1870, St. John's is a regionally accredited university.

• Three-year bachelor's degree: A three-year bachelor's degree in criminal justice is available at the St. John's University Staten Island campus.
  • Regionally accredited: St. John's University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
  • Best for Young spiritual students who wish to learn either online or in a traditional setting.

Compare Online Criminal Justice Degree Programs