South University

Savannah, GA

Compare Online Colleges

Research top Online Colleges recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After reading most of the posts the general consensus is that South University IS FRAUDULENT. Now, after evaluating my personal experience I can honestly and confidently say, "They are right!!!" The entire post section about this school is all basically the saying the same thing. This school is quick with the pen and even faster with their words. The admissions are very friendly but do not fully explain everything.

My story (short version) went for one class for 4 weeks. Did fine then started my second class. Due to issues with the class and advisor I decided to drop the first week of the second class however unaware that because I was counted as present for the first week I would be charged $1,140.00. I contacted my financial advisor. He said he would look into it and call me back the following day around the same time. I am still waiting on that call back. We all know how that will go. If a class is $1,700.00 how does one week equal out to $1,200.00 bucks and if someone says a credit hour is $400 an hr then why is the first week so expensive?!?! Especially if I am not even using these credit hours! For the money you might as well go to Harvard! Very disappointed in the educational system for allowing this type of institution to continue this way. It's clear that something is very wrong here.

Say you never read the reviews because you started 5 years ago in a 5 year criminal justice program. Pretend you were recently nearly homeless and desperate to change your situation, so you are on federal grants and loans, which you are told would cover the entire cost (estimated at $30k). Then you graduate, with more than $50k in loans. Now you are told you owe the university $900 to get your diploma because the loans didn't cover everything. So you get on a payment plan. Then, suddenly, with almost no notice, you are supposed to come up with an additional $1600 (over $2000 you now owe to the school) before you can get that diploma or official transcript. And it's 2 weeks 'till Christmas and you have kids and no job. No job because you graduated in November and haven't gotten any interviews yet, in spite of applying daily to multiple jobs.

I can't get a GOOD job because I don't have transcripts that show I graduated with a 3.95 GPA, with highest honors. I can't pay this off without a job. See where I'm sort of out of luck here? No transcripts means no job means no ability to pay for the transcripts. It's a vicious circle. I can't believe an institution that promised career services and job placement now wants SO MUCH MONEY from me while I'm trying to find employment (without career services help because it's a straight-up JOKE there).

Get out while you can. Take the financial risk and transfer out of this school. I was NOT aware of the problems because I never had one until I tried to graduate after jumping through all the classes and learning everything for myself because it really is self-directed learning. Instructors guide you a little, but most of them are juggling several online classes and don't have time to explain anything. You get points off for APA mistakes, but not for plagiarism. It's true - I complained of a fellow student copy/pasting something and *I* was the one who was made to look like the fool somehow. It was beyond horrific. I worked HARD for this degree. I did the work and studied my butt off to learn without instruction, and now I'm faced with hardships because the university won't work with me, but will take me to collections and court. I would NEVER recommend South University Online. It's an absolute joke.

I am in my last semester at South University starting in 2 weeks. Every class has been a fight tooth and nail for consistency and assistance. Professors don't read responses and give perfect scores for pitiful work one semester, the next semester they doc you a point for this and that, then won't tell you what exactly you did wrong. Admin personnel don't hear your concerns and say whatever it takes to pacify you.

The practicum process is as close to impossible as it can get without actually being undoable. No wonder the pass rate is so low. The board pass rate is high, but only because you have to be stubborn and determined to make it through this gauntlet of a process. They lose your paperwork, send out ridiculous demands at the last moment before deadlines, and do next to nothing to assist the student in reaching the goals. This past two years has been one frustration after another. I will NEVER recommend this school to anyone!! With God's help I will be done with them in 90 days!! DON'T DO IT!!

I attended South University, Cleveland for a year and a half before being admitted into the Physical Therapist Program. I maintained a 4.0 GPA and was assured I would be successful in the program. There were 21 of the best students accepted into the program at the beginning of the program, and by the time the first semester was over, there were only 14 left. This was not because the program was too difficult. These top students were used to difficult classes. The head of the program, also the professor, was unprofessional, unfair, and taught with intimidation. The ridiculous and unrealistic assignments he administered made it virtually impossible for many of the students to be successful.

After losing many great students, the professor adjusted his grading style to allow the remaining students to get through the semester. South University gets you into the PTA program, takes your money (which is 3 times more that other schools), and does nothing to help you be successful in the program. If you are thinking about earning an Associates Degree in the PTA program from South University, Cleveland, please reconsider! There is a big chance you will not make it through the program, and you will not know it until it is too late - they already have your money. They are a rip-off, scam school.

I wish I had chosen a different school. Be prepared for a bad online experience. You do all your own teaching. The instructors only grade your assignments and offer no teaching whatsoever. They are not usually Ph.d. and do not know what they are doing themselves. They are more concerned with technicalities than you learning anything. Also it is apparently alright for students to simply copy and paste their entire assignments straight from websites and turn that in as their own work. If you report it you are the one they are mad at, not the student cheating because they want the money. You won't learn anything here and I don't think your degree will mean anything either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about South University?

Attended South University Virginia beach, VA. My classmates was the best part of my time in school. I met so many good people. However, when it comes about learning experience some of the instructors were really vague about giving information. Then the online assignments were a little challenging. The instructor will place a question that would only have an answer but when you submitted the website will warned you about plagiarism. That was almost unavoidable, especially when it comes to definitions of terms or describing procedures. I had to talked to my professor and academic dean about that topic several times. Nothing did happened. However, it was an ok experience. I did learn it just issues with submitting paperwork and a few staff members that were not as good teaching as others.

When I started this school in August of 2015, everyone there seemed to be very interested in you and kept in contact with you. As time goes on the concern grows less & less. When you call you find out that your counselors & advisers are no longer there, they have been changed and you are never notified of any changes. I have actually had to call and demand to speak to management or administration to get my contacts to call me back. I once sent an email to an address that I happened to find online & within minutes I had all kind of people calling me back. You really have to stand up to these people or they will just push you over.

Just today I was put in a class with another teacher that when you make a post all she does is ask the same question to every student. I immediately called my adviser & told her to remove me from that class & place me in another class. I told her I had already been in a class where the teacher did this & it is not a learning experience when a teacher posts the same questions to every student, to me this is lazy on the teacher's part. My adviser tried to persuade me to talk to her. I told her, "No." I have tried talking to these Professors before & the ones like that try to make you look stupid & I was not having it. I told her if she couldn't make it happen that I needed to speak to management. It happened. Just beware before you enroll into this University...

So I was enjoying my time in school. Struggled with the math parts due to 15 years being out but was doing ok. Then I got into a car accident and dropped classes to recover. I found out days later that I was kicked out so I filed an appeal to be denied. I sent in all the information proving I was being truthful and nothing. Now I have all my loans kicked in and they charged me for all the classes I didn't take. Single mom trying to make it through school to better our future and because of all this can't continue school elsewhere because of the fee I have to pay back which is $4010. South University screwed me. I am writing this to warn others. Don't enroll waste your time because if God forbid something happened to you while attending they will kick you out and fine you.

There have been some "diploma mill" schools in the news lately, but I can confirm South U is not selling diplomas. If anything, a diploma is going to be hard to achieve here. The classes I've had so far are incredibly challenging, and I'm comparing this experience to my experience taking classes at Rochester Institute of Technology. I did read some bad press about a low graduation rate, and now I know why!

I was a student at this school for around 8 months and to be honest I really enjoyed the school while I was a student until the end. The classes are actually very easy because most of the instructors really don't check what you actually write. They use pre-made replies. I've had several reply post from instructors that had nothing to do with what I wrote. It's good if you just need to pass classes and get a degree, but if you want to actually learn something you will be on your own. My problem just came recently when I decided to change degree plans, due to finding out that I will be taking on a new job within my current career field and that my new employer will pay for my college if I'm taking a degree plan that is aligned with my job field. After checking with South University I noticed they did not offer the degree plan I needed to take. I also noticed that they no longer offer the degree plan I was currently enrolled in.

I found a different university that offered the exact degree plan I needed and wanted so I submitted my withdrawal paperwork so that I could withdraw after my next class was completed. Even though I was still enrolled in that next class and was doing the coursework for that class, I received a letter from the VA's office stating that since I withdrew from South University a month prior, I have been overpaid and must pay that money back. While still taking classes with South University they sent the paperwork to the VA telling them I was no longer enrolled in school there. I have completed 3 weeks of class work with 2 more weeks to go, for a class at a school that according to paperwork that was sent to the VA I no longer attend. I will be contacting the VA's office in the morning to discuss this issue with them.

Oh and just about none of the classes I took in the 8 months with South will transfer over to the new school. So my advise if you're still reading this is, if you enroll make sure you stay with this school. They will try and cheat you and punish you for leaving and your class you've spent all that money on will not transfer. But if you plan on staying with South until you graduate then this will be an easy school to pass, as long as your employer or future employer will recognize a degree from South University. Because even if they would have offered the degree plan I needed and wanted to take my future employer stated they would not pay for or recognize a degree from South University.

This is in reference to the online degree option. The academic advisor did not inform me that I had to have a nursing license in the state where I reside. Being in the military, I am not required to have a nursing license from every state I am stationed in. I did not find out until classes had already started. So when I did not get the license on time, I was disenrolled. Furthermore, the financial aid advisor did not know how to use the TA, and the dates for classes did not match the dates for the classes on GoArmyEd.com, so my classes were not paid for. This was an awful experience for me. A waste of time.

I live in the Columbia area of South Carolina. Originally it had been my goal to attend a local college and obtain my Registered Nurses Degree. Unfortunately life had other ideas and I had a baby right out of high school of 2013. Turns out my baby was very ill and had to get a transplant at Duke hospital in North Carolina. With this in mind, I still wanted to get a higher education so that is why I turned to South University Online.

There are no online schools that are not "for-profit schools" and with this in mind I knew what I was getting into when I began attending courses online. I know it is expensive but you have to expect that. Another aspect of online school is that there is no hand holding. It is basically a self-taught experience when it comes to online school. You get guidance from your professors, and good discussions from your peers in the classroom. It is a way to get a lot of material learned in a short 5 to 10 week course and still be considered a full time student. As well as not having to pay for any of my student loans until I finished school.

Going back to the account of my personal life, my sick baby that had to undergo a transplant, the process ended up taking the whole year of 2014 to the start of 2015. The transplant failed and she passed away February 12th 2015. I was forced to take 3 months off of school so that I could grieve and set up a new life back home in South Carolina. All of my professors, and advisers were extremely understandable and helped me out with taking a leave of absence. There was a period when my student loans people contacted me to start setting up payments and I had to explain my leave of absence and my intent on returning to school. My advisers helped me fill out the forms to show I was back in school and turned in all of the necessary forms and schedules to defer my payments until graduation. Everything went smoothly and worked out.

Since then, I have been finishing up with my associates degree. I have 20 weeks left to go and should be finished by January 2017. Granted I believe I have an estimated of $25,000 for my associates degree when I get done, but to me with my roller-coaster of a life, I am willing to pay what it takes for a school that is going to work with me and help me out in my time of need. Where as an on-campus community college you have so many absences and get kicked out or dropped for so many other factors. I would recommend South University Online to any of my friends or family if they could not easily attend a local college or university. It is expensive but to me it is worth it.

Hi, I am a graduate student, counseling student at South University in Columbia, South Carolina. My name is CA I am studying to be a counselor. I have an older woman in one of my classes named Robyn **, she is between 49 and 57. She is also a professor adjunct in medical assisting. I am concerned because she bullies this quiet girl who does nothing to her. The girl asks questions in class and this older woman laughs, makes fun of her embarrasses her, and ridicules her. I get that she is trying to make this young woman feel less about herself. I hope someone does something because not even the dean, professor teaching the class, or even the chair will do anything.

I know the psychological effects of bullying and I do not want this young lady to be another statistic affected by this bullying. I also do not want any other altercation to occur. The older woman is very childish and insecure from what I see from her behavior. I think she is jealous of the young lady... This is just very unprofessional for this faculty to be acting like this. Maybe she feels she can easily get away with bullying because in this classroom she is the student, and being faculty she can switch roles to do her bullying. Maybe I should just transfer to University of South Carolina or somewhere else... This is just ridiculous. You would think bullying would stop in high school or be just between students, but a faculty bullying and ridiculing a student and being a student is just distasteful, unprofessional, and out of line. I hope her superior/supervisor would step in and remove her. It goes on every class Mon and Sat whenever.

I enrolled in the RN to BSN program at South University at the Tampa, Florida campus in February of 2016. While it wasn't my original plan, I was able to take all of the required classes online. After completing the necessary classes, I have transferred to the RN to MSN program in the FNP tract. I started my MSN classes this week. I am able to take two classes online and one, advanced pathophysiology, on campus. Since my initial interaction with South I have been absolutely satisfied. I have read many of the complaints on this site and I feel that I should respond to give another side of the story. With South University, or any proprietary institution, there are three main things to keep in mind.

First, they are a business designed to generate income. To that ends, the admissions advisers are evaluated on their enrollment figures just like a car or furniture salesman. They want to help you get enrolled as opposed to non-profit schools who are trying to weed you out. Second, they assume you are there because you are driven and goal oriented. No one there is going to hold your hand. If you feel you need a little more support, consider a local community college.

Third, it is expensive but accessible. For-profit schools, like South, give many people the opportunity to pursue an education that otherwise would not be available to them. For instance, the local community college nursing program acceptance rate is less than one in five. If you don't have a 4.0 and a lot of volunteer hours you are simply not competitive. Without options like South, many aspiring students dreams would stop there.

These types or institutions are not for every learner. You must be self-motivated and able to take responsibility for your own learning. The online instructors are more guides than teachers. The digital text and supporting media are excellent when students actually use them. As with most things in life, you are going to get out of it what you put into it. I would start over at South again and I certainly would recommend it to friends and family. It has been expensive, but they have given me opportunities that I would otherwise not have had.

I was at South University for a year or more and was doing well. I had spine surgery and had to take 2 months off. I was making my monthly payments and on time. When I returned, I had some financial issues due to not returning to work as planned. I asked the College to Please work with me. They kicked me out and told me I had to pay over 8700.00 to get back in. I want to finish and get my BSN but I can't afford to 8700.00 all at once... I'm very saddened.

I am currently attending South University MSN-FNP program. Another comment said this program was not accredited, but it is in fact accredited. The advisors were initially very helpful (some still are) but others require multiple emails before they will respond to questions. I chose this program because the MSN-FNP track is full-time but you take one class at a time. The classes are very condensed and a lot of information in a short period of time; however, this allows for nurses to continue to work at least part if not full time. Working full time is very challenging if you want to give adequate time to studies. You can also start the program at any time which is convenient. The price is honestly quite average for MSN-FNP programs.

I wanted to do a DNP program in-state which would have taken a year longer and cost more. Sometimes I regret not doing that. Consider that in-state programs, medical students, and PA students are ALWAYS given preference at clinical sites and "South University online" sounds a bit like a sham. This piece has been a challenge, but I have found at least two clinical sites so far.

The classes so far have been hit or miss. Some of the professors are quite good while others respond to papers and discussion posts with incorrect grammar and "text message" type replies. So, some are professional while others just seem annoyed that students are asking questions. The research class that I am in is especially awful with a professor that is very disconnected from realities of clinical practice and expecting students to have her research/PhD knowledge. She is possibly one of the worst educators I have ever experienced.

There are no audiovisual class components which is very challenging since the "lectures" are a bit of a joke (written summary of text reading which a student could compile in a matter of hours). The texts so far have been alright, and luckily almost all texts (minus one) are available in digital format and included in tuition costs. This is a big positive (on the texts) however I would highly recommend the University to include audiovisual teaching or ANY teaching for that matter.

Students basically teach themselves information with little guidance or teaching from the professors themselves. Some of the information is just required for accreditation purposes (theory, research, etc) and I am not terribly worried if I cannot recall certain nursing theoretical concepts. That said, the assessment and real, concrete, and practical classes should certainly have an audiovisual component. I have suggested this in every single end of class survey and to my advisors with no response to the comment.

The practicum portion is entirely student-driven with minimal assistance from advisors. I have not started practicum yet, but this is the portion I am looking forward to the most. This will have little to do with South University since this is student and preceptor driven. Anyway, I am struggling through this program; however, I have talked to students in similar online programs with similar mixed experiences. DNP programs do have a much larger research focus (no thanks!) and claim to have more clinical hours; however, some of these "clinical hours" are really not dealing with actual patients (come to learn from other students). So, this MSN program requires 780 clinical NP hours which seems pretty standard and solid to other MSN programs. All in all, could be a much better program and needs improvement. I feel like I have spent too much time and money to turn back now!

I was looking for convenience of online education to finish my BSN. I was a diploma nurse and this seemed like a good fit. I did graduate from South University with honors... which was not hard to do. I paid a total of 18,000 for two years of bad classes. The degree edit was changed twice along the course citing that the board of Nursing changed the curriculum and two of the classes I already took were no longer counted. This caused my graduation date to change not one but twice. I was aggravated but pressed on knowing I needed to finish. On a weak day I agreed to begin my MSN there at South University. It was just easy I was familiar with the online setup and the transcripts were already on file. I started shortly after BSN graduation. I was three classes in to the nine necessary for graduation and I received a dreaded call from the counselor. She proceeded to tell me the school lost their accreditation.

I asked what does that mean to me. She said "You can no longer continue." She said "I mean you can continue but you will have to pay and your degree will not be certified." Ummm... who would do this? She told me that only two way to lose accreditation: one by the quality of the education and two by mismanaging financing through student loans. South was disaccredited for financial reasons. She then said "We don't want to lose you as a student. You can wait one year until our accreditation renews." I would never wait a year for starters. I then began my search and found many universities. Only one would transfer my 6 months worth of credit work. Only to find out later they would take none. So now I am out of options. I had to start over my MSN program. What a nightmare.

I should have learned my lesson. Lastly they told me they needed payment for the three classes since the student loan disbursement would not release the fund for the classes I took. The second nightmare began between me and the credit agency as they turned me over to collections for three classes that were not counting and disaccredited. Run, run for your life. Do not be wowed by the ease of admission to the university. They are a poor excuse for a college. I will never recommend them ever!

I approached South University on January 4th, 2016, looking for information about their BSN degree. They were very efficient in providing me a path of success, and even though it was very, very expensive, they assure me that I qualified for grants, and Federal Student Aid, to the point that I wouldn't even have to touch my GI Bill, so I accepted, enrolled in the quarter, and began my path of education. During the month of February (almost half way through the quarter) I began receiving notifications from financial aid, telling me that I have to fill a 1040 amended Tax return form for my 2014 taxes because my "social status" was different than my current status. So I brought it up to my accountant's attention, and he told me that I don't have to, because that's from 2014, and I applied for financial aid for the first time ever (at South University) in 2016.

So basically, they insist on my need to amend my taxes. Now I owe them almost $5000 in tuition fees. I explained to one of the financial aid specialist that my military situation had changed (from SELRES in January to Active Duty by March), to which I was told "great! now you can use your GI Bill or TA", which leads me to believe that they don't know exactly how the military benefits work and feels more like they just want to get money from wherever they can, other than from wherever they have to. So why am I filing a complaint? Why do I feel like I was misled? Basically because I feel like all that efficiency getting me into a classroom, and getting me set up with Financial aid, only turned into a nightmare, since according to them, now, unless I file a 1040x amended tax return form, I will be responsible to repay that extremely high tuition cost at once. Why misleading?

Because it is truly a false sense of security, when the first day your are told that you qualified for everything, only to find out that perhaps you don't. During my second meeting with a different financial aid counselor, I was told that I had been selected by the federal student financial aid department for verification, and that's when the red flag came out. Now I have to wonder, why didn't South University financial aid counselors caught it on day one? If they had done their job, it would had never made a difference if I got reviewed or not by the federal financial aid department. If they had told me from the beginning about that situation, I would had never applied to that school. I believe is totally unprofessional, very misleading, very irresponsible, and simply a disgrace to the educational system. A total shame to the community.

I attended South University for almost 18 months in their MSN program. During my third semester I was told that the prior semester tuition had not been paid because the SCHOOL DIDN'T PROCESS MY FINANCIAL AID CORRECTLY. I was told I would have to take out more money in loans to cover that semester if I didn't want to risk being dropped from my third semester classes. I can say regarding the education that it was high school level at best. I would be embarrassed to say I graduated from South University. That is why I withdrew. I did not feel that the classes I took were preparing me for advanced nursing practice. Now, I am seeking admission to a not for profit nursing program. I am on the hook for the classes I took and now owe $20,000. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL AT ALL COSTS!

This school is terrible. If you have any problems do not expect to be resolved in your favor. Just want to make money. Students are not interested. Nobody read your email. They have finances very disorganized. You never know when you will have your financial aid. Ahhh. Stay away from department to the class of physical assessment in the program nurse practitioner. They are bad dogs. NO recommend this school to anyone.

A few weeks ago, my husband did some online job applications. Well they led up to being called off the hook from educational institutes trying to get enrollment! Well, my husband was not interested in going back to school but I was. I had been considering the idea of back to college for a few months now. I have 2 children and am still laid off for the season, husband just started new job and our family just relocated to a new community! This was perfect timing.

Well, after being on the phone with the South University staff, I decided the school sounded pretty good. It would allow me to start almost immediately, offer me to have only a few classes at a time only lasting about 5 weeks each. This sounded awesome. So we begin the admissions process, Apply to South University Online. After awhile you begin to realize this is taking way longer than they made it seem. Then was directed to Financial Advisor who seemed helpful in most ways, but not going over my reward or info. She asked if I had any questions, but at the time I didn't because I had already became familiar with the website over the weekend, I knew where to go to find all my info. Sounded like things were right on track and I was feeling good about starting classes tomorrow.

Next, I go to find my class that I was going to start. Mind you that I never got to find out what classes I would even be taking or what classes I didn't have to because of past credits that would transfer to my program. I just began to get a bit nervous so, I decided to look up reviews on the school... I am really wanting to back out of this now. I am having a phone call tomorrow with the school to see if I have any questions in the morning. I think I may just have a few now!

I'm currently attending South University here in Savannah, Georgia where I'm earning my degree in Business administration. I have seen good and bad comments about the university and its misconduct with students. For one thing, I never had any problems with the university, but there are staff members who really do need a reality check and understand how to handle business properly.

I started South University - Masters in Science in Nursing in July 2014. Everything was great until I had a problem with scheduling. Staff members NEVER followed up. I continuously had to call, getting the Vice President and directors involved. Poor satisfaction.

I had a great medical terminology teacher, but math was terrible and I'm usually good at math. The teacher rushed through the whole thing and I barely passed. I think my classmates failed. There was only me and one other person who seemed to kinda get it. The teacher showed favoritism to this one guy. We didn't have access to our math lab over break and then we had an exam the next class. When we told the teacher about it, she shrugged her shoulders and did not care. I had to go to the Dean. There were times I would email her and get no response. I would have to message her multiple times when I had an issue. They don't show care for the students' education.

The only one who seemed to care was my admissions advisor and they fired him shortly after I began school. I don't know the reason so I won't speak on it. Then I got hit with a large bill that was about twice the amount you would pay at another college even after taking out loans and receiving a grant. It's not worth it, especially for the price. This was a huge mistake for me. Don't make the same one. Do your research and find a better school please. I went for one squatter, won't be returning.

I tried to withdraw from South University. In the process I enrolled at another school, and asked for my financial aide to be returned. I was then redirected to several different folks and none were able to assist me. Their whole goal was to have me change my mind. The reason for my withdrawal was the lawsuit against the college regarding the recruiters, and their accreditation. I wanted to save the 60 credits I currently have, and not be associated with a school that could in the future be a worthless degree.

I am still waiting for the supervisor to call me back, and help me to get my COD updated. This has been a nightmare for me. Imagine your educational goals and employment goals being messed with because you want to protect them. I would advise anyone that is looking for an education to not enroll with South University. This is a for-profit school and their goal is not your education but your money.

I began attending SU online back in 2011. I signed up, was told to take out loans, was told to sign the promissory note for my loans and then told that I would be able to attend school, no problem. Although I knew I was entitled to Microsoft Office (taken from technology fees) I had to literally argue with the school about receiving it. Finally I'm able to get it, I complete all my assignments on time and I even receive raving reviews from my peers and professors on my work. I attended the school for all of 4 weeks before I was locked out of my account. When I inquired about it, I was told that I did not send back a financial aid form and therefore was removed from my classes.

Mind you, I had to sign up, take out loans and prove my identity and NOT ONCE was I asked to mail in any information. Not only that, but I specifically told my advisers if it's not a form I can sign online, I cannot send information in. 3 years later I cannot attend school anymore because Financial Aid says my loans are in default. South University wants to force me to pay 2 grand, and I can't even further my education to get a high paying job in order to pay off my loan. They literally screwed me over. I'm going to reach out to my attorney about this because this is just wrong.

I cannot begin to explain the degree to which this school was the biggest mistake of my life! Please listen to what I say and make note so this does not happen to you! I have lost a 10 months and thousands of dollars and felt ashamed that I did not listen to my gut or the other reviews that I had read. I thought everyone will jump to the Internet to complain. I will finish even though their graduation rate is only 7%, by far the lowest I was able to find. I'm an A student dedicated. The manipulation, schemes and lies have actually caused me to have chest pain. I was repeatedly told by the admissions counselor whose name I will never forget that I did not need anything but the 12 core nursing classes to complete the Rn to bsn program. When I only had 5 of those classes left another 12 classes appeared on my schedule. Wow that's the first rn to bsn to last 2 plus years when I have taken almost all of them.

The admissions counselor wanted nothing to do with me at that point. Referred me to my academic counselor who began to give me papers to help argue some of them once I found course descriptions all the while being fake and neglected to help. I would have a manager and the so called recorded phone calls up and doing some work. It is game! Please listen. I dare to see if they will respond with anything in writing and to do your research.

They just settled a 99.5 million dollar lawsuit for a reason. They have a 7% graduation for a reason. I will be happy to share my experience. Someone must protect online students and adult learners from them! I contemplated being done and doing what I needed to stick to my timeline and doubling classes and then I realized I do not want a degree from this school at any cost. I would not take a degree from them free of charge. I am going to contact and work as hard as I can to ensure this does not happen to others. If you concerns or questions please contact me!

Back in 2011 I signed up to go to online school. The person who ever was doing the sign up process he was completely sales man, but either way it didn't matter to me because I wanted to go to school. I wanted to do Associated degree on Computer science and I was told FAFSA will cover my all tuition and fees. About week later I had to go to my country for personal emergency reason. So I call the administrative that I need to quit school because the country I am going to neither have internet to continue education and I don't know when I am coming back. Besides that country doesn't provide electricity properly. Out of 24 hours you might get 5 hours electricity.

I came back to USA May 2012 and receiving a letter for Great Lakes who is loan servicer. I never opened the mail because I thought it a scam, but I end up opened on 2013 one of the mail and see a loan of $10,999 loan under my name. I tried to contact school regarding this. They do not even want to talk to me about it. This school really a rip off and SCAM. I attend school for a week and got billed for $10,999. I am going after school. Going to hire lawyer. Is there anybody else who thinks this school is fraud please contact me as well. Thank you.

This school is horrible, the cost is outrageous, the counselors are uneducated, unprofessional, and unwilling to assist students. In the beginning, you will receive calls constantly until you start questioning prices, your financial aid packaging, or course transferability which none of their general college courses do. When I received a academic scholarship in the amount of 1600$ (amount of one class), I was so excited. Only to find out that when I had informed them that after I completed my 9 courses for the academic year, I would be transferring to a traditional college and wanted my financial aid stipend to be mailed to me. I was first informed I could not have both, either the stipend or the scholarship. I choose my stipend since I had a student loan of 10,000$ and Pell grants in the amount of 5000$.

But with classes costing 1600$ each, it left 400$ which at this point I was aware of, only to have my financial counselor lecture me that this money was only to be used for educational purposes. What a joke!!! So I have 400$ to cliff test out of my general studies (English comp I and II and 7 others). The 5 week courses are hard to keep pace with, it is a full time job if you actually do the assignment as you are supposed to. Most of the discussions I found difficult to fully participate in because most of the students couldn't make up complete sentences, let alone spell. I am in my last class of 9 and have books of emails between myself and my academic and financial counselors which proves how uneducated and unprofessional each is. I asked for copies of my placement tests and the name of each, only to be flat out told that they can only give me screen shots. I do not suggest anyone attend this school. Not worth the money, hassle or headache.

This school is a ripoff. Academic counselors are sales people that will say anything to bolster their sales! Then they're shady in ethical practice are all covered in their policies and guidelines. It basically says "If we screw you it's your fault." Don't get screwed. If you're looking to go back to school deal with a school with integrity!

South University Company Profile