University of Phoenix

Compare Online Colleges

Research top Online Colleges recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am 57 credits in and so far I have had no issues. I am currently trying to find out why my Financial Adviser is telling me the Resource Material fee of 151.20 is state taxes? Is it because I am not supposed to be charged for material being an online student? Now, when I enrolled I was told that the materials was free because I am attending online classes. However, I am going to look into this and if I am correct they owe me for every fee they took out. I have not had any problems so far with my financial adviser, but I am determine to make sure they are taking money from me, because outside of my free Pell grant I have to pay back my direct loan. After reading many of the post I thinking of ordering my transcripts now and enroll in another school.

Approx. 9-10 Years ago (2007-2008) I attended University of Phoenix. At the time my tuition was paid for entirely by Student Loans and Pell Grants. I and the school I am trying to go to have attempted to contact University of Phoenix to obtain my official transcript. That is when I found out that there is a hold on that account. When I contacted them to ask for the amount I was told it was with a collection agency. They proceeded to connect me with the collection agency called FBCS.

The guy I spoke with Mr. ** who stated I owed UOP $2000.00 I asked that he send that to me in writing, and was told no nothing can be sent in writing unless I pay $1000.00. Then it went down to $800 then down to $400 then down to $74.00 But when I asked for it in writing to verify the charges he proceeded to tell me no. I currently do not feel that I owe University of Phoenix and because they will not or cannot prove what the charges are for they have no reason to hold my Transcript.

When I pulled up the account online it does not show an outstanding balance. I am able to view my unofficial transcript and my old class schedule. I have screenshots of these just in case they attempt to add or delete information upon receiving notification of this complaint. I verified with NSDL that nothing is owed to University of Phoenix therefore I am requesting a review and RELEASE of my Official Transcript. I Understand if there was a legitimate bill, but there is no way I owe when my entire year was paid by financial aid. I have contacted the FTC and BB. I will be contacting the Dept of Education, and the Higher learning commission as well. I DO NOT/WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS UNIVERSITY TO ANYONE!!!

I'm happy with the school but I've been reading a lot of bad reviews about University of Phoenix. From my experience everything went well. Everything went well with financial aid. I had no problems. There was even a few times during my bachelor degree program where I took some time off. I let them know ahead of time I needed 4 weeks off and there was no problems. I think I would recommend this to friends and for anybody else who was thinking about going to school online courses. I was a full time student and I wanna stress that it does get overwhelming at times when you're a mom having to do wife mom duties but online has helped me. I did receive my degree and now I'm working in the criminal justice field.

U of P and their Financial aid department is a scam. While they go through the process, they tell me they want you to be in class so you can get financial aid, then when there is a discrepancy and I turn out to be under "a standard review" for financial aid and I want to stop taking classes, they (initials of financial advisor DC) stated there will be a huge issue if I did that, since a friend has done this before I went on a leave of absence till financial aid was taken care of. I followed up with DC and others in financial aid for 5 months and for the runaround.

Near the end of that five months, they wanted me to contact a school I attended previously, sign a paper stating everything was good after that. I didn't fall for it, so I stated on leave of absence. Now 2 months later, I'm getting threading letters to pay my balance or there will be legal issues. Don't go there, don't take my word for it, review it, try it for yourself. They will throw you candy, tell you it's free and later want you to pay for it.

I started going to the UOP around June of 2017. In July, I had to have an emergency Appendectomy. I still got my work done and kept up with attendance in classes, regardless of my physical problems. Then I noticed that my excess funding and payments were messed up completely. Then I got online and it said that I had no financial aid at all, or loan disbursements. So, I called and they said it was just a computer error and they would have it fixed within the week. It took 3 weeks for them to figure out my financial plan (which should have already been done). Finally, I needed to access a refund to purchase a new laptop. So, I asked for a leave of absence until I could get one. It took them two more weeks to get me the money I needed. Eventually, I got my money and a new laptop to start classes. By that time I was ready to go until I had a family emergency and more health issues.

I called the school numerous times to get an extension on my leave of absence. They never returned my calls. My health and family obligations were more important to me than constantly sitting on the phone. Then, I received an email saying they missed me in class? So I emailed my Academic Advisor back and gave him a time to call me the next day so I could explain what was going on (in the beginning of December). I just received a call from him on Wednesday "asking what my plans were". Confused. Gathering my thoughts on whether I wanted to continue at the school and work it all out to continue my education, I got a call yesterday from a collections agency out of Columbus, OH. They said that I had a debt of 1,600 dollars. I asked who I owed that money to and they said The University of Phoenix.

At that point, I dropped everything I was doing at work to call and get an explanation. After 15 minutes of them pulling my account records, they said that everything was fine. So, I asked again why I owed them any money? Finally, I looked and my enrollment status was "withdrawn". I never withdrew from the school at all, and I attempted to call them to figure something out for weeks.

Eventually the man on the phone explained to me that they sent my loans back to the lender and I had to pay a return to lender fee for them returning funds that I didn't even use. Which, no one told me I would ever have to pay a fee to them if I didn't use funds and they were being sent back to my lender. This is where the school gets you. They get you in and take forever to get your funds set up, but you don't receive them; nor do they explain any of their terms to you. I will be fighting this because it is not my fault. The school lacks in communication with their students.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about University of Phoenix?

I taught there for a number of years but found that over the years the students were less prepared and the University made the courses more rigid and less useful through over regulation and simplification. The University is totally impersonal/somewhat sterile -- I can say I taught well over a 1000 students but never met one. I actually suspect that good innovative faculty are sort of pushed aside and replaced by low level teachers that simply follow the rigid and boring curriculum, and give out high grades. I left because I could not take the gradual attempt to be forced to use a minimally acceptable syllabus and the fact that the University was misleading and taking advantage of students.

On the positive note, I did enjoy working with many of the students in my classes, seeing them gain some good knowledge and insights was a pleasure. Also whenever I had a technical issue the tech support group was quite good at resolving it. Online education has incredible potential... University of Phoenix was a trailblazer but they have lost their way. It works for some, but many will be left unsatisfied.

University of Phoenix is a complete scam! I been in school 4 months and still haven't received my financial aid. I received my award letter a month ago and now here it is Jan.18, 2017 and still no funds. When I talk to my financial aid advisor, she ensures me that funds will be in my account in a few days and that was a month ago now she's saying that they have been having trouble with their financial aid system. All this just sound like a bunch lies! If it's not one thing it's another lie!

Unfortunately I am in the same predicament as many of the people who have written scathing reviews about this school. This has been hands down the worst experience in my adult life. For an entire year I was called by a recruiter. She called and emailed me on my birthday, after holidays, and on regular occasions just to present herself, and the school as caring individuals. Now, after four months of being a student, I have come to the conclusion that they are anything but that. I have been attending this school since September of 2015, and as of today January 12, 2017, I have not received a dime of my financial aid. I have been told that I am part of a new system that is causing my delay. My financial aid's supervisor, Adriana ** has repeatedly told me the wrong information, and has not at all explained in detailed what the system is.

After reading about the horrible experiences that other students have encountered, I felt that I needed to reach out and warn future students about this school's scammerish ways. Avoid this school at all cost. They don't care about you, your family, or your situation. They only care about numbers and money. They boast of helping people obtain a degree while balancing a family, which I find insulting. I predict this school going the same route as ITT.

I completed my Bachelor of Science in Accounting at the University of Phoenix in 2016. I had an Associates Degree in Accounting before I started the program and the process took me about three years because I had to take some time off due to finances, and family and work commitments. My final GPA was 3.93 - graduated with honors. Overall, the experience with the University was splendid. I had an excellent academic adviser (Tory) who helped me navigate the process. My professors were very knowledgeable in their field (most of whom work in the field they taught, and they always posted their qualifications at the beginning of each class). The curriculum was well planned and easy to follow, and the University had a lot of materials and tools to help me throughout the process.

One of the biggest drawbacks I had were the groups. I have had many experiences with group members who just did not care about the overall success of the group to the detriment of one or two caring members. Unfortunately, this is what you find in the workplace, so it is a good learning experience. However, I wish there is a way the University can fine tune this process.

My final GPA was 3.93 - graduate with honors, and I just enroll in the MBA program that is scheduled to begin August 2017. As a student that went to a traditional University, I find the majority of reviews somewhat disturbing. I recall countless nights of studies, and I had to put an average of 20 hours per week to achieve my success (keep in mind that this is one class every five weeks). I am begging the University to take note of these reviews and make changes to its enrollment and retention process. Also, for prospective students and employers considering this University, please seek out reviews from students who have graduated for a better overall assessment.

I started back with the University of Phoenix in September 2016. I have had nothing but problems when dealing with financial aid. I can't get a disbursement, I can't get into my account and I can't get a straight answer from anyone at the school or call center! My account has been in "review" for months. I have to email and fax different information all the time and wait, then I get a call saying they never received the information etc. In the middle of all of this there was a mention of a C code that was holding everything up. Weeks later I'm being told that the university is having a system glitch and they are trying to get it fixed. SCAM! None of this is true. This is a classic case of bait and switch, the longer they hold the funds the longer they collect interest on your money!

Believe me when I say I have not once been able to look at my account since the day I started at the University of Phoenix! Fraud! I contacted the holder of my lonesome and they assured me that the disclosure statement that was sent to me with disbursement dates was the evidence that the University of Phoenix has received all of the funds awarded to me! Direct Loans referred me to the department of education to make a complaint. I am just starting the process and will not rest until this situation lands in the lap of the US Senate! They messed with the wrong mama!

I went to UoP several years ago. I was enrolled for less than 18 months and have student loan debt totaling over $20000. The learning teams are a joke and the "instructors" are there to collect a paycheck. Even when alerted to BLATANT plagiarism, they do nothing. I learned absolutely nothing in the courses I took because they were just a rehash of the content I learned while earning my associate's degree at a real school.

When I checked into going to a brick and mortar school in my hometown, I found that NONE of what I had done at UoP would be considered. I completed 12 courses and they said I still had 3 years to go. Not sure how that is possible when I already have an AAS in the same field of study. If you consider the amount of money you have to pay to attend this "university" and the fact that none of the courses transfer and most employers find the degree you receive there as irrelevant, is it really worth it? I think not. I wish I had been warned against attending and instead just enrolled in the actual college here. I was virtually debt free until that fateful decision to check out UoP. Even if you are just checking it out, they can have you enrolled before you know what hit you. Yes, it was my decision to go but I wish I had known what a colossal waste of time and resources it would turn out to be.

They held my funds after going to classes for months and getn as they are crooks. I submitted all paperwork including tax documents and they keep my money still having released and said they have my money and they just not going to release my money. I hate this place. I need my money. I'm a single mom of 3 and it's the holidays. I withdrew and I'm trying to file a complaint and legal representation.

This is so sad to see that UoP doesn't give you your money. I have been trying to get my money from this school since Sept and I kept getting the runaround or some IDK answers. At this point I really don't want to attend this school anymore. The teachers are ok. The teacher I have now she just grades how she wants. She doesn't grade like any of my other teachers I've had in the past. The FAFSA is really what has me upset with this school. The classes are paid for but you can get tot money back.

I re-enrolled with U of P after I had took a break from school. My first class started on September 20, 2016. Since the start of class my file has been in review for quality insurance. I've been told the same excuse it would be processed in 5 to 7 business days or it could take 30 to 60 days. In the meantime my bill is getting higher. I know I have student loan funds but the financial aid department is taking its time processing my account. My financial advisor or lack thereof Geoffrey ** is a joke. He sounds like he is reading a script when I talk to him. He does not return emails or calls. I'm very dissatisfied with the lack of customer service at University of Phoenix. I'm pulling an "A" in my class so far and I don't want to worry about finances at this point. Does anyone know who else I can complain to about this school's financial aid processing.

I was very excited to return to school to finish my degree after a few years of being away from college to raise my family. The enrollment process was fantastic, my enrollment specialist was super and during the enrollment process when I had financial aid or technical questions, they were available and quick to help. That is where it ends.

Once I was "in" everything went downhill. My first couple of orientation courses were fine, but once I started in my core courses I realized the instructors were not there to teach but rather to grade assignments and their grading is speculative at best. It is based on their interpretation of the syllabus, their personality and if you ask questions ahead of time to avoid a misinterpretation, you will either be ignored, they will answer you at the last minute so you will already have the assignment done or they will answer you with another question or be very vague so you still have no real answer.

I will add right here that I have finished 6 courses with UoP now and I have a 3.8 GPA so my issue is not with my lack of desire to want to do the work. I have used two personal days from work, stayed up until 1 am on work nights, many times and it has never been because I was procrastinating or didn't want to do it. It has been because I was waiting on proper instruction, an answer I never received, or struggling through new material I was teaching myself by watching YouTube videos or reading articles on Google.

The instructors do not really teach... they just pop in every once in a while to toss in their two cents on a discussion post and grade assignments. Then, there are learning teams. Which are a horrible idea. Without getting into a whole lot, you are placed in a group with a bunch of strangers to do a group project, sometimes over the course of the entire 5 weeks and your grade is based on you AND their work. So if they do D work, you get a D too. If you do A work and they do D work, you just handed them an A. It is not graded on participation in the group... but actually grades produced. You can ensure everyone gets an A, including yourself by just doing the work of 4 or 5 people yourself. And that is essentially what the A students end up having to do to keep their GPA.

Then there are the once a month technical problems when you can't get into your classroom. Tools not working and no one will fix them, but you will be billed $140 per course resource fee... which brings me to my next point: FINANCIAL AID. UoP currently owes me $2800, and I can see by reading the posts on here that I am not the only one. I filed a complaint with the Dept. of Education Nov. 3rd as my money was to disperse on November 1st and they have been screwing around and making up excuses for weeks now. The best thing I got yet was this past Thursday.

I scheduled a leave of absence for the month of December to spend time with my family over Christmas. You can take courses off without it affecting your financial aid. The only thing it affects is disbursements. If you have a disbursement scheduled while you are on a leave of absence, your money will not disperse until you come back. I was not in that situation because my disbursement date was November 1st and I scheduled my LOA to start November 29th.

Well after getting excuse after reason after excuse about why I have not received my disbursement on the date it was supposed to disperse (November 1st) I received an email from the person "working" on my ticket that said I need to be aware that if they get my financial aid "packaged" and schedule a disbursement after next week, I will not get it because I will be on a LOA and their policy manual says I can't have it. Then they continued on to email me the policy manual to read. I can see where this is going. I am never getting my money back, and they will probably find a way to say I owe them when I withdraw after this course is done next week.

They currently have me locked out of my account tab. When I click on it to see my financial statements, it says my account is "under review" and it's been that way for weeks. I took screenshots of everything before they locked me out though, so I am not worried. :) I have already been in contact with my attorney, and FAFSA says my student aid has been done on my end for months and sent to UoP. In my time self teaching on Google these past few months, I came across several articles indicating that UoP has been sued for this at least twice. Let everyone's reviews on here be a warning to you if you have not enrolled yet... Don't!

My financial counselor was a bloody joke. The only time I ever heard from her was when it was time to pay for an upcoming class. Now see, here's the thing: I would get emails demanding payment for an upcoming class, right when I am in the second week of a specific, five week class! I wouldn't even be one third of my way through one class, and these jerks would demand payment for a class that I won't be taking for almost a month! I'm in an IT related degree program, and have learned nothing useful. NOTHING.

Over the last three classes, I literally have learned NOTHING of value; the class that I am in is nothing more than a rehash of that which I learned TWO CLASSES AGO, right up to and including identical final assignments - I DO love having to complete the same logical and physical network diagrams, for the same network, twice.Ooh, ooh, OOH! Lets not even get into their wonky credit transfer policy: I've already completed a Bachelor's degree in one field, and as such have already completed lower division (100 and 200 level) classes - 60 credit hours worth, all of which with a b or better.

THESE weirdos, when I started with them, wanted me to take the classes I had already finished with a B or better, AGAIN, with no explanation as to why I need to retake the same classes. What is even more infuriating is the fact that, during the second week of class, I started receiving emails demanding payment for my NEXT class. That's right! I didn't even finish the second week of the class I'm IN before UOP tried to shake me down for the payment for my NEXT class.

Add to this the fact that more than half of the class is plagiarizing information for their postings (one clown plagiarized every single one of his postings for the last four weeks - from places such as Wikipedia, Microsoft, and howstuffworks, and nothing has presumably been done to dissuade his theft in spite of the fact that I have informed the instructor of this plagiarism on more than one occasion.) I am not impressed AT ALL at how this crap degree program has gone. THIS IS DISGUSTING. I am DONE.

I attended UOPX from 2012-2016. I have never been to another college so I can't really compare, but my experience was wonderful. I am a veteran and utilized the GI bill. I did run out of benefits and had to pay $1200+/- out of pocket but it was mostly due to an oversight on my part. You can double up on courses and attend for 2 nights a week if you are attending a ground campus. If you do this for 6 months then you will have GI benefits remaining.

Reading the reviews on here has shown me a solid trend. Most of the negative reviews pertain to financial aid, student loans, etc. I don't think you can rate someone poorly based on that alone. The education does have merit in my opinion. Nine out of ten courses you will be in a learning team, which builds camaraderie. The learning teams are not always the greatest, but I still think it's beneficial. I personally do not like taking courses online so I can't comment on those.

As a full time working adult I obtained my bachelors degree in business management in 4 years. I took a 3 month break in there and doubled up on classes here and there. My GPA is a 2.5 and I probably spent about 10 hours a week on it (4 hours were in class). My classmates would say that I am smarter than the average person. I would say that anyone can do what I did and have a degree.

I dropped out of high school in the 10th grade and obtained my GED when I was 21 to join the military. I do not find education to be the most essential thing in life and only viewed my education as a means to make money (Post 9/11 GI Bill). That said, I still think the education has merit at this institution. In order for me to find something interesting and put my time into it, I must be challenged. I did not find most of my time challenging, but many of my classmates did. I could have invested more time and easily gained more knowledge out of this institution, but I did not.

In summary, if you put the time in at UOPX it can be a very rewarding education. If you just do the bare minimum you have to, then you will still learn many things. If you are working full time or raising children, then this place is for you. If you are fresh out of high school and expect to be babied and for someone to hold your hand along the way, this is not for you.

I went to school few years ago. I thought I had paid off my student loan debt, however 9 years later I found out that is not the case. I received financial aid and pell grants that covered all of my educational expenses. However, after a few months I realized I wasn't learning much of anything there so I transferred to better school. The University of Phoenix was obligated to send the state back any money that was not used. In this case, I withdrew from my math class before I transferred. However, the University of Phoenix then turned around and charged me for the money that they were legally required to send back. Now I have an outstanding balance of $1362.00.

I have had a financial audit done on the account, but no resolution. I've decided to go back to school, but now I'm having to pay this before they'll release my transcripts in order to do so. This is from an email I received in regards to my financial audit. They clearly write out "Funds Returned to Lender." It's important to note that I didn't attend a day of this class. Title IV Loan/Pell Grant funds disbursed ($8,650.00). Student payments ($389.00). Internal adjustments ($45.00). Total credits ($9,084.00). Tuition/Fees $7,781.00. Credit balance funds to student $1,009.00. Funds returned to lender $1,656.00. Total debits $10,446.00. Account balance $1,362.00.

I'm confused on why money is being charged when 1) I didn't attend the class and my account shows a "W" for withdrawal. 2) The funds were returned to my lender, but if I legitimately owed that amount, then legally they should've been allowed to keep it. I have no idea how long this is going to take to fix or if it's even fixable. Unfortunately, like most people it's easier to pay it off than to try and argue over it. I just need my transcripts so I can better my life.

If you have been having issues with University of Phoenix disbursing your financial aid, you can file a complaint with the department of education - Federal Student Aid. I am on the same boat with everyone here. I have been attending since August 16th and I still have not yet received my award letter nor disbursement. I have been given the worst excuse which is that their new system is delaying the process. I do not believe it because I have never heard such a thing.

The straw that broke the camel's back was when my financial aid adviser asked me to submit my w2s (if I have not called in, I would have never known if I need to submit extra paperwork). I have asked her when will I be receiving an update or let alone a reward letter, she told me that it may take up to another 60-90 days. That would mean that I would receive my disbursement by next year. I had enough. If you want to file a complaint, you can go and log into https://feedback.studentaid.ed.gov/.

I started school August 16th, 2016 and every time I log in I see something about a review process. Can anyone explain to me what is going on? And when I log in to my Studentloans.gov page I had a disbursement date of Sept. 3, 2016 and I have not receive anything from this school. What is going on? Can anyone tell me how long can the school hold your funds. I need my funds. I am a single father. It will be time for a second disbursement Nov. 20.

My disbursement date was September 28 2016. I was supposed to had been received my excess funds now. My financial advisor told me the whole school is waiting on a origination fee to be updated from the department of education. I been in this school for four years and it always something I'm leaving after this program is finished.

This was one of the most frustrating, upsetting, and disappointing experiences I've ever had with a company. When I first called, my representative was very nice and enthusiastic and seemed to really know what she was doing. She was encouraging and seemed like she was going to help me get everything figured out. I was on maternity leave and I had a 2-month-old at the time that I started all of this. Well, he is almost 5 months old now and I still haven't finished the enrollment process!

The first problem was that I told her that I was wanting to major in HR Management, but she insisted that I try a different program because "it'd get me finished faster." I wasn't thrilled with that, but she said that it would tack on a LOT of extra courses to get what I wanted. Then, I had a C-Code (which nobody could really explain to me, so I had to look it up myself and ended up contacting FAFSA personally to find out what was going on with it). That's not their fault, it's the government - I get that. What I don't get is why nobody felt the need to relay this information to me initially.

I was also assigned to a financial aid advisor that was no longer with the company, and an academic advisor that was "doing a special project." I was trying to figure out who I needed to talk to in order to have something sent to my loan company stating that I was attempting to be enrolled full time, so that I didn't start getting charged for my past loans. My "representative" kept giving me phone numbers to call, rather than communicating with her peers herself. What's the point of a representative if I'm making all of the phone calls? So I'm told that I need to fill out a series of paperwork and send in my transcripts (for the second time) for unusual enrollment to take care of this C-Code. So I get everything ready, but then I'm told that I shouldn't send it until we know what the C-Code actually is. So then I was waiting again.

Meanwhile, my initial start date came and went. My rep told me that if I wanted to start, I could pay out of pocket. If I could pay out of pocket, I wouldn't be trying to get Financial Aid. Needless to say, I told her to push my start date. After me asking about my "team" again, I finally got a Financial Aid rep who told me the "research team" was working on my account. Another week later I was told that they needed my unofficial transcripts (third time, now). Another week went by and I inquired about why I still hadn't heard anything. She said that they were waiting on my unofficial transcript from one of my prior colleges (fourth time) and I corrected her and reminded her that they've had them this entire time. Then she said she needed it for this fall semester from the school I withdrew from in order to go to UoP!! By this point, I was getting infuriated. I wanted to know what was going on and literally nobody could give me answers.

So I called and spoke with a manager who told me that she would send me her contact information, but never did (to her credit, she did call me later to follow up after she got my "teams" butts in gear). They finally found out that the C-Code was "only verification" (which simply means that the SCHOOL can request extra info if they so choose, it has nothing to do with the government taking their time, as I'd been told multiple times was the problem). They requested a copy of my marriage license, so I submitted it on 10/03/2016. It is currently still "Under review" by the research team. This was an awful experience. I have withdrawn from the college and am going to be attending an online program through a local private university for the degree I actually WANT, and they got everything (including the C-Code) taken care of within two weeks. Don't bother.

I have been a student there for almost 2 years. Although I really liked the school and had positive experiences with most of the people there, I can't say the same for financial aid. It has become a constant battle to get my financial aid funds and scholarship funds. Every time the UOP owes me money, I have to call every day for months before I get it because, according to them, your account has to be reviewed every time they owe you money. They owe me money from months ago and they continue to put me off. I finally ended up withdrawing to go to a different university where I might be able to get my money when it is owed. Now I am starting over the review process with UOP because I withdrew... more months of waiting. I definitely would not recommend. Just as an aside, my GPA was a 3.91 so it's not sour grapes or anything, it was just too much stress fighting for what's rightfully mine.

This is my second year at the University of Phoenix. During my first year there was a problem with me getting my loans. When logged in to e-campus everything worked except the account tab which wouldn't allow me to sign for my loans. My financial advisor postponed giving me my loans until I decided that I didn't want to attend the school anymore. That's when she mailed me the information to be signed and I sent her the information via email. My disbursement was sent days later and miraculously my account was "fixed."

Moving along. Now that I have entered my second year same problem just a different lie. I made sure that I filled out my FAFSA ahead of time. When I received the notification to sign for my loans. I went ahead and did that the same day so there wouldn't be any problems. When I looked into my account I see two debit memos both for different amounts and a charge of 632.00 for an it class that I took. I immediately contacted my financial advisor for an explanation because I knew that I didn't owe for any classes. I've passed every class that I've taken there and I never missed a day.

She stated that the system randomly sent out debit memos to several students, the charge on my account is also a mistake, and they haven't received my financial aid yet. This sounds like ** once again. There is no way that I filled out information in July and it's been processed and send, but she's telling me something different. It's now almost October and that school hasn't received my loans. Yeah ** right.

I am currently a student at the UoP and I am horrified by the way they are doing things. After reviewing these comments I now realize that I have created a situation for myself that needs rectifying. I am getting the runarounds about my fafsa and student loans. No real answers. They simply keep requesting that I send in more information and my account is fine one minute then flagged the next. I'm so confused and don't want to get into more debt because of this. I need to know about class action suits, bbb, anything I can because I see right now it's about to be a problem with them. On top of that I'm not learning anything. Need help. How do you comment on other postings for responses, etc?

University of Phoenix has 100% Regional and National accreditation. It's also one of the largest schools in the country, their stadium held the Super Bowl for god sake. Take it from a graduate, veteran, and supervisor at my job. You get what you put in, I personally attended 3 different colleges before I found UOP. Personally, I enjoyed it, I learned a lot, it fit my schedule just fine. Who ever says the school is a scam, it's fake, whatever, has no clue what they're saying. Do your own research, Google the facts, read the actual articles.

This school has led me on from day one. No one has the answers to any questions. They only worry about making their commission off of your enrollment. Then you'll never hear back from them. Totally bs. They will not tell you anything about the school the degree. It's like walking into Walmart grabbing a roll of toilet paper. The financial aid could take up to 5 months. Yes 5 months. You will never hear from them and they don't have any precise information on when you will get your aid. I enrolled on Aug 16. It's almost October and they are telling me it could be another 6-8 weeks or so until they "review" my paperwork. Then the financial aide told me that if I have not received a disbursement that I would have to pay out of pocket because they have a new system. What kind of crap of a school is this. I'm so shocked right now.

It's been a few years since I attended the college but I will say this: When I attended, they maxed out my Pell Grant EACH term & I didn't receive anything back that wasn't used. Because of them, I now have an additional $18,000 I had to take out in student loans at a junior college, that I shouldn't have had to take out!!! Every time I've called them about this, it's been about 4 years, I get the runaround. I would NOT recommend this college to ANYONE!!! Not even my worst enemy!!!

At first all started out well, advisors called me every week to make sure all was well and that I getting back into a good study routine. My first few classes the instructors even called and asked if I needed help. Back in May I decided it would be better financially for me to attend a local school. I spoke with my advisors (academic and financial). I was told from both of them that if I left I would be held responsible for my remaining two classes in that block. I asked "how am I responsible for classes that have not been taken?" Well, come to find out they block your classes into a group of four and allocate your money for those classes. If you take them they get paid for, if you leave during that block you owe UOP. Which does not make sense. They will keep your FAFSA money and you pay them as well, they are double dipping on students.

I have been told that I have to pay for my last class in this block because some of my financial aid money is gone since I took a leave of absence. I filled out my paper work for the leave and was told that my financial aid would not be affected. I now do want to finish my last class. I want to be done with this school. If I do not finish this class I will have to pay and I do not have the money to that. I want to know how to the rest of my FASFA that they have and get out of this class. Could someone please help me?

I want to start out by saying for the most part of my education I have been very satisfied. I am nearing the end of my journey in the nursing program with University of Phoenix. My problem with Phoenix involves the financial aid department. I am suffering a hardship and my house is in foreclosure. I try to contact my financial advisor who is never available to speak with me. I have less than 80 days till graduation with 2 classes left. They have been holding my pell grant money since June because they stated that a certain form required a wet signature. I have attended this program for 3.5 years and neither myself or anyone else has ever been required to do this.

After emailing my advisor and informing her that this was creating a hardship and my house was in foreclosure and I was going to quit school and go to work to save my house she finally responded back. The form she was requesting was filled out in either July or August and I could not remember what I had put on the form. She told me to just fill it out anyway basically at the risk of perjury. This is my money, my fafsa was submitted and approved and they are telling me that it takes 60 to 90 days to receive the funds. As students we work hard, I have struggled to maintain a 3.67 grade point average and for what? It is sad that I have come this far to not be able to graduate, lose my house, and be left with a student loan to pay off. Phoenix honor your students by hiring knowledgeable financial advisors, I could do a better job than her.

Compare Online Colleges