Online learning at it's best

General Assembly's affordable options for today's top careers

Find your course
1.30/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Online learning at it's best

General Assembly's affordable options for today's top careers

Find your course

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Everest Institute Reviews

Original review: Aug. 28, 2015

I went to Everest for 3 years part time and receive my degree in business and I was shocked on how much my student loan was when I started paying. I owe 47,000 for a 3-year part time for an associate degree. I'm trying to find out if I was overcharged but I don't know where to start.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2015

Myself and dozens of other students who attended Everest College were told that the student loan monthly bill would be no more than $50.00 however it turns out that it is approximately $300.00... Also, prior to signing the loan agreement, the recruiter told myself and other students that we can transfer our credits to any college of our choice after we graduate from Everest College however it turns out that Everest College is non-accredited and credits can never transfer. They stated that it's ok to have a criminal felony record and still attend their college with or without a high school diploma. The teachers had little to no experience at all of ever teaching "anything" and openly admitted it to myself and the class. One teacher openly admitted to not knowing how to spell and asked the students for help. Our Math teacher told us he hates Math and required us to go ahead and go home early three days out of the week not spending five minutes in that class.

Everest College promised job placement after graduation however not once did the Job Placement Department ever help me get a job even after I made several attempts to contact them regarding the situation. They even went as far as ignoring my calls. Today, I still get a bill telling me to pay up. The current students prior to the shutdown of Corinthian Colleges was provided the opportunity to back out of their student loans and even get a refund however the graduate students affected by this fraud is stuck with the bill. Myself and other graduates deserve the right to back out of our loan as well as we were also affected by their fraud and stuck without jobs. Can we get some help?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2015

I attended Everest online back in 2009, for what I believe was 2 semesters. They wanted me to go a 3rd semester, and I sent my books back, because I had told them I was no longer attending. I went back to school at a community college last year and did 3 semesters, today when going over final financial aide, was told that I have used the majority of my funding. I have less than 2 years of funds left, I was charged close to $20,000 for 2 semesters, but I'm guessing they charged me for the 3rd, which was NEVER attended. $20,000 for 2 semesters, are you kidding me? Someone has to know how to go after them. I need that money for school now and now it's not there because it was taken, $20,000 my degree now could be completely paid for with $20,000. Someone HELP.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2015

I started Everest university in Lakeland FL back in Dec and I have had the most amazing time. I have found a very supportive school, the smaller class size and very hands on. The instructors are always there for you. They encourage their students to be the best they can be. They encouraged me to be an igniter ambassador. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a great education.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

I went to school for a certified medical assistant in Austin, TX, graduated in 2010, and let's just say I would never, ever recommend this school to anybody! I had to find a place to do my internship because they wouldn't help me. And after I was done they said they would find a job to place me in. Yep, that never happened and I actually never heard from them again. But they sure did take $15,000 from me. How that happened I don't know because that school was not that much! I finally found a job as a caregiver and the sad part about that was I didn't need a college degree for that. And now 5 years later it is hard for me once again to find a job in the field I busted my butt for and paid way too much money for. Not worth it. And if I could take action towards this school I would because this is wrong!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Everest Institute?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

I graduated in 2007. For about 1 year I was applying to every Medical Assistant job I came across. I had 1 interview out of probably 60 applications. I even tried to go thru their job placement program which was no help to me. This department told me that the jobs available are up on the wall. They never helped me with getting an interview which I was told when I signed up that this department would do.

I felt that I did receive a good education except for one of my instructors that sat at the desk and read directly from the book. I did that by myself. I did not learn anything new from her. The other instructors were very good. I still owe the entire loan of over 13,000. I had to return to my career from before my schooling which was in the financial industry. Now I can not work due to severe back, neck and hip problems. I feel that I do not have to pay the loan back due to not being able to use the education I received from Everest.

Original review: July 29, 2015

I graduated from everest college Phoenix campus year 2012. At the time of the graduation I did get my certificate because there was a balance on a loan I had with them... I paid the loan and I still don't have a certificate. It's 2015.

Original review: July 23, 2015

I attended Everest Institute thinking I would get a education only to find it was the biggest mistake I could have made. I went through 3 Instructors during a 10-month course. They state they are a accredited school through the NBDA only to find they are not. They told me right before graduating that I would owe more money. I applied and was approved for the personal loan only to later be told that yes I was approved but Everest never submitted it and now the lender is no longer taking new loans. They contacted me on my externship program telling me if I did not pay, I would not walk across the stage. My father then wrote a personal check to Everest so I could graduate. They never helped in finding my externship. I did as well as finding my first job as a Dental Assistant.

After graduating I later found that they are not accredited through the ADA, MDA, NBDA, or ADAA. This means that if Michigan becomes 1 of the states requiring that you are licensed through the state, you had to attend a accredited school which Everest is not. I now have a $13,000 loan with the school and have now gone back to Schoolcraft college for a real education but this also means I am taking on a new loan which I can't afford. My credit has been damaged due to my loan. When looking on job sites and seeing the need for Everest Instructors some of the things listed for the qualifications I know my Instructors did not have these.

The stuff they used to teach you was either broke, old, or not enough for every student. We did not even have to complete certain things but received a certificate for Radiographs even though they skipped over most of this. There was no training in new Dentistry Digital X-rays, Oral Camera's nothing up to date. I would never recommend this school to anyone. Once they received their funding their whole attitude changed. It was like they could care less because they were already paid. Any help or information regarding the lawsuits would be appreciated as any refund that could be applied to my current schooling as a result of Everest would be greatly appreciated. I am 47 and still chasing my career.

Original review: July 22, 2015

Could someone tell me how can you apply for a grant and did not finish, then a year later you owe 28,0000 in loans? Then I call to see what are going on - Everest staff get smart with you and give you the wrong numbers to talk with someone.

Original review: July 16, 2015

I attended Everest Institute in South Plainfield NJ. I graduated in 2014 for Massage Therapy. They told me they take care of my license for me and they pay everything. 1st of all that was a lie. I had to pay for my finger prints that they was supposed to refund me. NEVER HAPPEN. They told me they took care of my license. A year later my job ask if my license came in yet. I told my job "not yet. I'm going to check with my school." I called Everest and they told me it was deleted off the states and they told me it was MY responsibility to take care of it. Meanwhile they told me THEY TOOK CARE OF MY LICENSE!!! Stay away from this ghetto low class school no matter how good they may make it sound! False Advertisement!!!! They don't work around your schedule...

Everest Institute Company Information