Online learning at it's best

Online learning at it's best

General Assembly's affordable options for today's top careers

Find your course

376 Everest Institute Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 15, 2015

I attend in September 2013 for only 3 weeks for the nursing program. I told the nursing department I couldn't attend anymore because my father got both his legs amputated. I need to take care of my parents because their health was declining. Also, the price for the program just kept bothering me $46,000 for an licensed practical nurse program. After only 3 weeks of attending, couldn't go any longer. I still have brand new books, supplies, uniforms. And they charged me $4,420.57 - PRICE GOUGING FOR 3 WEEKS. I am disgusted, I can't afford that. That is outrageous. I want my money back. PRICE GOUGING.

Original review: July 3, 2015

I attended Everest Institute in downtown Pittsburgh in 2007 for Patient Care Technician. I graduated in 2008. I still don't have a job for what I went to school for. The school is nothing but lies. They don't help you find a job and they don't care. This school is a scam and I really feel sorry for everyone that is getting suckered into going. All the promises was never kept. I think the school should have to pay for scamming everyone. I have 2 student loans that I'm trying to pay on with no JOB.

Original review: July 1, 2015

I clicked on one of those dumb Everest ads while applying for a job, on a whim. Was called, went in for a meeting, initially thinking their business program might be something worth considering. I was swayed away from that and very strongly encouraged to enroll in the dental assistant program, despite having zero personal interest (or background) in the field. It was my own (poor) choice not to put a stop to things right then and there. The real reason I was encouraged to enroll in this specific program was because my admissions rep was pushing for a nighttime dental assistant course at this particular campus and they needed more interested students for that to happen. I looked like an easy target. Turned out, I was.

I attended one class, the instructor was AMAZING! The one standout. But she was just subbing for the regular instructor and made comments throughout the evening about how things weren't in their proper place in the classroom/lab, and how instruments and the mock operating area hadn't been properly cleaned after the day class had left for the day. (It was obvious to the naked eye. Dust on the x-ray equipment and specs on the dental tray.)

When I make the call to say I was withdrawing, I was met with backhanded compliments that were closer to insults, and warnings that my only chance at success in life was to stay with Everest, because none of my real world job experience, nor creative talents are worth spit without their guidance. And being a dental assistant is totally artsy, since I'm such a creative type. Even though there's no real world application for creativity. Maybe next time Everest is sued, or this campus shuts down, their employees can sell used cars. They've got the tactics down pat.

Original review: June 23, 2015

I graduated in April 2013 and I have yet to receive my Associate Degree in Medical Billing & Coding. I was unable to attend the graduation in Orlando, Florida. But 2014 I decided to go back and pursue my bachelor degree this time in a different subject. After a year being back with Everest I was contact by somebody saying that my course was being cut and that the job placement was very low and do I want to keep going or not. Well I stopped attending. What was the point of attending if I couldn't find a job afterwards. Yes I was mad!! I still haven't found a job in the field I completed! These employers won't hire a person without experience. I am in serious debt because of it and I have not found employment so I can repay back loan.

Original review: June 22, 2015

From the moment you see that "You're sitting on the couch watching t.v." commercial, you have to have some thoughts running through your head like, "are you serious?" So you decide to actually go in, look at a program or two and meet with a recruiter. First things first, YES the recruiters are commission based and will say ANYTHING you want or answer your questions with absolute lies. I attended the Long Beach campus (Now Closed) which was a regrettable mistake. Sure, on the surface you see lots of young men and women all looking for that possible advance in life, all being promised jobs, job security, success rates, certificates, training etc... but an in depth look will show, it's nothing more than a big run around. The course talked about having lots of 'hands on training' which was less than 20% of the time you were there.

The lab that we worked on had been beaten to **, to the point where it was useless to learn off these machines. When I was employed for the short period afterwards, and was in an actual customer's home, the lab training has basically no relevance as far as troubleshooting or things in that nature. Most instructors were very knowledgeable as to them owning their own companies, but it's like the school put a stupid filter in each class, which made it hard for students who have no mechanical background whatsoever. The modules were switched from, basic safety to electrical, to system design, back to a basic course. You'd basically start where you should end class and end where you should have began. The throw a bbq a.k.a. student appreciation your way, which I guess takes your mind away from you being scammed.

I tried to obtain my EPA 608 Universal certificate. Me and SEVERAL other classmates did the exam, passed MULTIPLE times, only to have the instructor tell us, HE lost OUR exams... Are you kidding me? The Career Services staff, at times were helpful. Other times, they didn't even know who you were and probably wouldn't still if we didn't wear bright green and black shirts. The "Principal" of this sham as well was a real doozie. You ever meet a real shady person? Someone who just walks around real sly and never has time to talk. He just walked passed you and gave you a real cynical look like, "Yeah I'm the smartest person because I'm scamming all of you and you don't know it!" Moral of this story.. Nothing, and I repeat, Nothing in this life comes easy.. Especially when they GUARANTEE you a job, certifications, success all wrapped up into a 9 month program.

DO NOT be fooled by programs like this, all they want is your money!!! You have better odds playing the lottery! And one last note.. Just to shed some light on this even more.. I was hired on by a local employer of a small time company.. WyoTech's career services Dept. hooked me up with 2 or so maybe less, months in. The employer says.. "Don't come in tomorrow, call me before to see if we have work." 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, no work. Finally I ask him via text, "What's going on here? Do I look for work elsewhere or?" He says, again via text, "No, no more work. best you find another company that needs you..."

When I call my school, they could care less. You think they would, especially when they said I'd be making a certain amount, when hired I was paid the state's minimum wage. Another company then got me in, let me go, due to "lack of experience". Yes, even though my school set me up with them, after barely being able to land on my feet and think things are normal, BAM! smack in the face! Cherry on top = School ** down, wipes their hands clean. Thanks Everest!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Everest Institute?

Original review: June 15, 2015

My husband attended Florida Metropolitan University (now called Everest) Dec 1999-Jan 2002 for the Commercial Art program. Our boys were still babies. He wanted to better himself to make a good living doing what he enjoyed. He signed up with the school with the promises of job placement assistance when finished. That was a crock! He busted his butt working 50+ hrs a week, going to school 3 nights a week and trying to spend time with his family. He made good grades the whole time. He graduated and figured he'd have a job in the field shortly. He was turned down everywhere! We thought it was because he didn't get to do any internships. That was, evidently, not the case. We "transferred" his transcript to Valencia last summer to find out only 12 credits could be transferred. $15,000+ paid in loans for a worthless piece of paper and 2 yrs of time away from his boys. We deserve a refund!

Original review: June 11, 2015

I enrolled after my 2nd child was born and I was just looking into schools but the rep that contacted me was so excited and made me feel good about going back to school that I decided to enroll. Everything went well for the first few months. I moved and was behind on a few assignments. The teachers didn't care even though I told them in advance and it was fine then but afterwards it didn't matter. Then after my first year done they sent me new financial aid papers. I filled them out, sent them back. A week or so later I get a call saying they don't have my paperwork and I have to pay for the whole year upfront or can't be enrolled until I pay. They were supposed to send me the right paperwork 3 different times. I never received it. That was over a year ago. I'm paying my student loans from the year I was enrolled and last week I get a letter from a debt collector for an entire year’s tuition.

Original review: June 9, 2015

Former Everest Institute Southfield Michigan Student - I was not assisted in getting employment. I thought it was a joke all the money paid on the loan. I graduated May 2011 and still no assistance. Thanks Everest.

Original review: June 9, 2015

I attended Everest College in Eagan, MN. I graduated in 2010 and I was sent on externship to a chiropractor office. I haven't found a job yet as a Medical Assistant. I feel cheated, money wasted and used. What a bad reputation they have. So embarrassed. I hate to put them on my resume.

Original review: June 9, 2015

I attended the "college" in 2011 after being hounded and persuaded by one of their academic advisers. He made the school sound incredible, amazing! Too good to be true. And that's exactly what it was. The classes were fun, the teachers were great (most of them) but that's not good enough. That isn't what matters after graduating. Through my 9 months of schooling for my Medical Assistant diploma, I would talk with the Career Placement advisers and do mock interviews. They guaranteed me a job after graduation, promised to help me find one. May of 2012, graduation. I wasn't allowed to walk because I had missed a few payments while in school. Not a huge deal, but it was upsetting. (I didn't receive my diploma until TWO YEARS later!).

For the next couple years, I frantically searched for a job as a Medical Assistant but even though I graduated with a 4.0GPA and aced my RMA state exam, I couldn't find a job. I was told directly by a few employers that they wouldn't hire me due to me attending Everest. The "help" I was promised from career placement was nothing more than a phone call once a month, informing me about a business hiring. After about 6 months with no luck, the calls stopped. I started leaving messages with no response. I eventually gave up and went back to working retail.

A graduated Medical Assistant and I was stuck dealing with drunks and thieves at a local gas station, giving up my weekends and making minimum wage. How was I supposed to pay for my loans? Simple, I couldn't. Finally, just last year I got a job at my local hospital and have been here since. You guessed it! NOT as a medical assistant but as a HOUSEKEEPER this time making just a dollar more than minimum wage. I still can't afford to pay off my loans.

I tried to go back to school, to a more credible one this time, with no avail. I was denied my financial aid thanks to Everest. Everest was a waste of my time. It was a waste of everything I put into it. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Everest, if you are reading this, I hope you are proud of yourself.

Original review: June 9, 2015

I decided to go to Everest because I wanted to be a Paralegal. Instead of putting me in that program they put me into Administrative Office Technology. I went to class, became an Ambassador, and graduated with Highest Honors. After I graduated I found out that my credits would not transfer. They also did nothing to help me find a job.

Original review: June 8, 2015

I attended Everest College in Newport news, VA after moving over there from Texas. The administration was a joke. They didn't have anything put together. My teachers were great. I learned a lot from them since most of them were former police officers or lawyers. The only thing that I can't accept is how much money I got in debt for the program of criminal justice when it was an non accredited campus. I can't transfer my credits to another school here in Texas. I can't apply for certain agencies because of that. I wouldn't recommend anyone to attend this school.

Original review: June 5, 2015

Hello. I've attended Everest Institute in 2008 and then ended on 2009. I was promise to be set up a job. When I finish and graduate I had to find my own job. Every time I've submitted my resume for medical assistance they wanted two years of experience so I never got any job and my debt is $12,000 or more and I'm not working now to pay the student loans back. I've graduated with honors. It was hard to get any job because I just was in school for 8 months then 2 months for externship. So I really think it was about the school and not about your career because didn't help you in no kind of way, just stuck you with and bill that you will never pay back. Then when I was in school, they came me and pell Grant then had to pay some on it little by little whatever the pell Grant didn't cover.

Original review: May 28, 2015

In November 2014, I was interested in furthering my career so I decided to go to Everest Institute in Gahanna, Ohio. I was interested in taking the Medical Assistant Program. When I first went to Everest Institute, it would have been nice if the admissions rep that had helped me would have been truthful with me on certain things like how much an MA starts out making. They told me $15 to $16 an hour, that was a joke. When you got out in the real world and started working, you don't make near that much. Most places started $9 to $10 an hour. I might as well stayed at the job I had before I went to school. I made $11.50 at it. You spend $20,000 to better yourself and all you get is a $10 hr job. If I could turn back the clock, I would not have even wasted my time and money with going to Everest Institute, Gahanna, Ohio.

The worst part of this whole experience was that the career services did not help you find a job, all they did was look on the internet at such websites as indeed.com or monster.com to find jobs for students, and I did that on my own. They would call me about a job that they had found, but I would have already found the same job days before and I would already have an interview set up or went on the interview already. They were not professional people there, it is like they found someone off the street to fill the position, no experience whatsoever. What got me was in the whole 10 months I was there, they never had job fairs that would have been helpful for ones who were finishing up their programs. Have local employers come to the school for whatever fields they had classes in such as dental & medical assistant, medical billing and coding, so students could fill out applications and possibly get hired.

They had the ambassador program, you had to be a straight A student with perfect attendance to be in the program, but all they used that for was to get the students to do their dirty work such as: when new students came in, they had the ambassador's help with getting the new students correct scrubs and to their classrooms on the first day for whatever program they were in, and a lot of the other ambassadors wouldn't help each mode, it was the same ones helping out each mode. If you are going to sign up for something like that, at least have the common curiosity to do it, not just sneak off to class and the ambassadors that did sneak off to class. All they got was a slap on the wrist, no kind of disciplinary action was taken. Yes, when you did help out, you usually missed about 30 minutes of class.

They also said by being an ambassador that you would have better opportunities in getting hired. THAT WAS A BIG FAT LIE AND THIS SCHOOL IS A JOKE..... The Gahanna Everest Institute should be closed down indefinitely.. If anyone is interested in going to Everest Institute in Gahanna, Ohio, THINK TWICE ABOUT GOING. Do your research before you sign anything. The best choice anyone can make IS DON'T STEP FOOT IN THAT SCHOOL AT ALL. They fooled everyone who has gone there into thinking they will have a great paying job by making the big bucks. They definitely fooled me because I don't have a job and I am stuck with $20,000 to try and pay off. Just remember, do your research about this school, look into other schools that offer the same kind of programs. Find a school that BBB accredited because the Gahanna Everest Institute is not.

Original review: May 27, 2015

I attended Everest College in Henderson NV as part of their nursing program. They lured me in with a promise of only a two year commitment and 100% pass rate for their NCLEX. The school however had so much turn around of instructors who were lacking in so many areas. I toughed it out and made it to quarter seven when all of a sudden they bring a new instructor who was making it impossible for people to pass. After being in contact with the nursing director and regional director no aid was given to our cohort.

Only eleven out of thirty-four students passed to the next quarter and we were given a "so sorry not everyone is meant to be a critical care nurse" pat on the back with a bill and a promise that we could try again next time around. Well I was in the process of relocation with my family and decided to transfer to the Phoenix campus, but of course not all the Everest's have the same curriculum so I had to catch up and in the midst campus shut down. Now I am stuck with bills and used up most of my VA benefits.

Original review: May 22, 2015

Everest was the worst thing that could of ever happened to me. I was looking to really better myself and my future and all Everest ever did was make it worse and put these ridiculous loans on my back. My "career" really only paid me minimum and my monthly loans are a crazy amount. I graduated about 2 years ago and they never mailed my diploma like they said they would. They are all liars and I hope they can come up with something to help those of us that are stuck with this crazy debt and not even able to get a medical asst job!

We need to all get together and do something rather than waiting for someone else to. I am tired of these people harassing me for money when I can't even make ends meet!! My school in Ontario, Ca got shut down and I think that should be enough to discharge the loans of the former students too... It's not fair! After all, all they ever did was feed us lies and screw us over! For those of you who got your loan discharged because you didn't get to finish consider it a blessing! The doctors I worked with all treated me like complete crap, like I was scum and they fail to even realize you are a human and not to mention they pay you minimum for it. Let's get together and make something happen for us to get our loans discharged as well!

Original review: May 22, 2015

I went to this school, was there everyday, and made great grades. Honor roll. Only to find out after I graduated (they as I'm talking about Everest). Well they sent me to Gwinnett Tech and they turned me around, that they was not an accredited school. After I've paid all my money that they asked for, I can't even imagine how I can start me a job in my field unless I have my certification. Please can you help.

Original review: May 14, 2015

I started at Everest in 2013. In July 2014 I gave birth to my son. Prior to that I asked Everest for a leave of absence and was told if I did so, that I might not be accepted back. I was force to stay enrolled during that difficult time. In December 2014 I was placed on academic probation for 2 terms. I met my goals but not the second. I was dropped from the program in April 2015. They told me that I could return in July 2015. Not to mention I have 88 credits and needed 96 to graduate. They also contacted me by email to offer a discharge of my debt or continue the program. When I returned the call.. they said it was too late. I'm embarrassed to say I ever attended this school. I can never be there for my son when he was a newborn again. Everest stole his time away.

Original review: May 12, 2015

I attended from September 2002 to June 2003. The teachers were nice, but only one of them taught me anything useful. I was there for the Administrative Assistant Diploma. I was only given one week of practice on the Excel program from Microsoft. When we were supposed to go to the computer lab to gain experience on using the Electronic Medical Records software we couldn't, because the computers were down. The teacher said not to worry about it because I had did great on my book practice tests and we would be trained to do everything on our externships. They had one job fair right when we were getting ready to graduate.

They only had one medical temporary service person there, and she said you had to have a minimum of six months experience to work for her company. The rest of the people were from Fedex the United states Postal Service etc. I was like if I had wanted to be a postal worker I wouldn't have spent nine months in school and ten thousand dollars to do that. I could have applied directly with those companies and not have debt. They also told us we had to pay one hundred and fifty dollars in order to take our certification test. They wouldn't give us the study guides unless we paid in advance so I'm like what if we fail the test, because we didn't cover everything in our books?" "What if there is a skills test on the computer because the computer lab was down when we were supposed to practice so we won't be ready for that part."

That didn't matter if you failed you had to pay again and retake the test until you passed. They never contacted me anymore after I completed my externship to see if I needed help to get a job. I put them on my resume and even have volunteered at another doctor's office for over a year and still do not receive any job offers. A young woman that worked for the doctor office that I go to for my check ups told me that yes it was because I went to Everest that I couldn't get a job. I went when they were still calling it Georgia Medical Institute. She said that the downtown campus where I attended was considered the worst campus. She said she went after the name was changed to Everest and she said the doctors she worked for had so many problems with students from the school in the past that they said if it happened again they were done with that school and they didn't care what they changed their name to after that.

I'm struggling to pay my student loan to this day. Thank God I qualified for a Pell grant when I went there. I think all of us who were wronged by this school should get in contact with each other and file a multi-state lawsuit against corinthian colleges. One has already been filed in California. If you want to contact me my email address is **. I don't know about you all but I'm tired of just being angry. It's time to do something about this. We need to contact our state representatives and get this school shut down unless they do right by their students.

Original review: May 12, 2015

I was not a student at Everest Online College, however, I am a victim of their fraudulent program, Criminal Investigations. My daughter attended the online version of the Criminal Investigations associate degree program and I took out loans to help pay for this "education". The program took just about 2 years to complete and she graduated with her degree. However, this was completely online and in no way was any competency established thru and criminal investigation practices. She walked away with a worthless degree that got her in the door of the unemployment line.

This was the worst excuse for a college I have ever seen. I am now paying for those loans 5 years later with interest and she still has not found employment in the field, nor will she ever because the degree is not worth a dime. I am seeking a way to have these parent plus loans discharged and intend to file a complaint with anyone I can regarding this college.

Original review: May 10, 2015

I went to National Institute of Technology which was a Corinthian College before they changed to Everest. Very pushy to get you in and get your money. When looking for jobs they were nowhere. Never answered or returned calls. One of the few times I did talk to someone. I was told if I want help I need to come in do research and share leads I find with them. Been 10 years and I'm still on the hook for what was $20k in student loans for absolutely nothing. I was never even called for an interview out of hundreds of applications I filled out. My guess is they saw the name of the school I went to and trashed the resume immediately.

Not one person in my class ever got a job in the field we attended for. I want in on the class action if there is one. It's wrong what they do to people. They ruin more lives than they help. My loans will be with me for another 10 years at the min. payment. Could have went to school and become a doctor for the amount I will have paid. Beware of any Corinthian College.

Original review: May 7, 2015

I regret enrolling at Everest Colleges. I have my diploma. Everywhere I go they don't want to hire me because I come from Everest. No job no money and now I have to pay a loan. Shame on them!!!

Original review: May 6, 2015

I began attending Everest College (Gardena, CA campus) in July of 2011 and graduated from the Pharmacy Technician program at the very top of my class and as a "School Ambassador" in May of 2012. When I signed up, I was told that their placement rate after graduation (and sometimes before graduation) was pretty much guaranteed due to the "numerous" businesses and contacts that they had. During my time there, I dealt with so much **. I was in a terrible time in my life and constantly moving around; pretty much homeless and not stable at all (which they knew). But I both witnessed and dealt with financial aid workers come to the class to call students out by name to try and collect the money owed for that month... even if it was the actual day it was due! It was like their way of "shaming" the students into making payments while other students would sometimes laugh.

They were telling students that they couldn't go to externship or even graduate until they were current on their payments, which I was told is not supposed to be done. I had to pay my last, which left me with no money for food, transportation, etc for that month just so that I could get them to sign off for my graduation. My externship was with CVS/Pharmacy and they loved me and offered me employment during my first week of externship; even after I finished the externship, the Pharmacist/Pharmacy Manager held the position for me for months! But he eventually had to give it to someone else. The reason being that my CA PhT license still had not been approved yet by the state. Everest College told us it would take no more than 3 months for our license to be approved and in our hands, which was ANOTHER lie!

My graduation was May 2012 and they didn't have us start the application process until the almost the end of February and then had us filling them out in a hurry, having to pay for notarization etc and told us we only had a certain amount of time to get everything done. All last minute nonsense! I didn't received my license until November of that year, and that was sooner than some only because I relentlessly emailed and called the State Board of Pharmacy. So I lost out on that job and they only sent me to CVS/Pharmacy stores once or twice after that... but it was only one in particular and the lady that was to interview me cancelled 3 TIMES after Everest Reps told me they made sure to set up the interview and verified it. They never helped me after that. I have always been the one doing all of the work. No one wants to hire PhT, no matter how good they may be if they don't have experience to back up their licenses.

Everyone I know in my class and other classes waited no less than a YEAR before receiving their licenses! Everything was just a scam, in my opinion. I haven't heard from them since, and I never received my actual diploma from 2012!! I am trying to contact them now, but I see that they are closing down all CA locations and selling them off. Good! I feel like I wasted my time, since all of these companies are just cross-training their current cashiers to work in the pharmacy now. I am so upset and I hope someone files a class action suit against them because I will definitely join them.

TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, LIES, SCAM ARTISTS, DECEIVING LOANS, etc. DO ALL OF YOUR HOMEWORK AND IF YOU HAVE TO, JUST TAKE CLASSES AT COMMUNITY COLLEGES; you will receive money directly to you for all of your hard work that will help you pay for school expenses, etc. I am attending community college now and even though I am a bit tired at times, I am much further ahead than I ever was attending a vocational school.

Original review: April 29, 2015

I can honestly say my experience with Everest has been okay. I believe that the new structure with Zenith will work for students currently attending. I just finished my last module. (Modules are used in place of semesters) I graduate this October 2015. Yes, some of Everest schools were not performing at the level they should have been. They actually gave a bad name to other schools and in turn, this impacted everything from job placement to class scheduling. I think there is a loan forgiveness for those of you who had your school shut down. Contact FEDLOAN, GENESIS or call another Everest college that is still open. My school Renton WA was one of the schools to make it to being sold to Zenith. So as far as they go, yes my ride was bumpy but c'mon. Once you have the books, the rest is up to you to do what you wish. If you slack off and cheat, then you will learn nothing.

Just like any 4 year college, it is up to you to make sure you understand directions and are completing the assignments and staying in touch with your career adviser prior to graduation. They help build resumes, find jobs, writing cover letters, and help with mock interviews. This was very helpful for me. I know a lot of people who already where efficient in these areas and for them, the career center is not much help. I believe the changes will bring new opportunities and I have a lot more to say but no more time. I got what I put into this career, now I am done and starting in an entry level position as I knew I would from research. NO ONE will hire you as a coder without 3 years experience. If you find someone who will, you are in the hugest LUCK. Gotta go but good luck on your endeavor.

Original review: April 29, 2015

I am so happy these people got caught. My rep, who supposedly was going to place me in a Medical assistant clinic, never call me for an interview. The last time I spoke to him, he told me he was placing other students and that he was busy. ** (City of Industry campus). He also gave me the runaround to schedule me for an appointment. **, another lady from career services, try to force me to sign a document saying that Everest met my expectations, or else she was not going to give me my diploma. One day I saw **, the rep. He was surprised to see me and told me if I was working, and I said, "Yes, in a hospital." He then told me what did I do there. I told him that I worked in the kitchen. Since then I never heard from him. Now my credit scores is bad because I could find a job as a medical assistant.

Original review: April 28, 2015

In Dec. 2011 I decided that it was time for me to further my education. I had seen the Everest commercial and decided to look them up, and when I did there was a number provided so I called looking for information. The rep sounded more excited than I was about me continuing my education and I remember finding that refreshing and intriguing. By the end of the conversation I was enrolled with the promise of help throughout the whole process and during my education with them. The rep spoke of their percentages of job placement and for a single mother of 3 that sounded wonderful to me!

About 3 terms in I learned that this school was charging 3-4 times the amount of any of my local campus colleges but I continued due to the convenience of being able to be home with my kids while earning my degree. During the first term my academic adviser was on point! Calling me every couple of weeks checking in, making sure I was settling into my classes just fine. Then all of a sudden it came to a halt. During my second term my academic adviser was changed 4 times. From that point on if I needed anything I would have to contact them, wait the 45 min. an hour and re-explain over and over again to different people what should have been able to handled by one person... one academic adviser. I dreaded calling!

In the end, here I sit with my associate's degree, 33,651 debt, and STILL can only get jobs that I could have gotten before furthering my education! The so-called job placement is a joke unless you want work-at-home opportunities which again only pay what I was being paid prior to attending this school. There's a HUGE problem here and it sucks that employers look at what school name appears on my degree and end up hiring someone else. We shouldn't have to pay for this!!

Original review: April 27, 2015

I do not think, I know Everest was a scam from the get-go, I complained to people about it. Consulted with lawyers - nothing, no one did nothing. The end result was me getting kicked out of school for reporting what was going on at my school in San Bernardino, CA and not only that I think Everest only targeted blacks - well minority people but mainly blacks and used that dumbass commercial dude to succeed in their mission. I guess I was a dummy for falling for that but once I got in I knew what it was all about and that is to get people to sign those loan forms. I was hesitant at first but gave in. They are crooks just on a bigger scale. We need to get together and form and file a class action lawsuit.

Original review: April 27, 2015

They are rip offs, liars, deceivers, just waste of money time and credit... so disappointed in the way things turned out... Graduated 2010 for medical assistant, never received job leads, help nor help or info on state exam... Please help those of us who really are victims of Everest college.

Original review: April 22, 2015

I started Everest Online back in October of 2013. I was sweetly talked to by their admissions guy who sent me numerous emails. I was actually signed up for classes before I knew it. I didn't want to start right away but when he told me I was registered I figured I would give it a try. The first semester was a breeze. Then I got an email stating that their posting policy had changed and they completely changed their class format. I was falling behind and began to fail. I finally decided to take a semester off and see if I really wanted to continue with my pursuit of a Criminal Justice Degree. So I tried to contact my advisor. In my last semester I ended up with 4 different advisors. I expressed my wish to sit out a semester. Besides my grades and my doubt on continuing I was also going to have a major surgery and really didn't want to have to worry about college.

I was informed I was not allowed to take a semester off. I advised them that since it was MY education and MY money, they could be damn sure I could take a semester off. I went round and round with this advisor and even told them to not bother signing me up for the next semester. Sure enough one day I receive my next set of books. I ignored them and tried to send them back but they wouldn't accept them. Then I start getting phone calls from my teachers wanting to know why I wasn't participating in class. When I explained to each teacher the situation I was told that there was nothing they could do and they were going to fail me. Since April of 2014 I have been trying to return the laptop Everest sent me. I have emailed my advisors, the guy who admitted me and two other "higher up" and have received no answer.

I now have a laptop that cannot be used and no one willing to tell me how to return it. I did receive a call from an Everest Rep once about mid summer 2014 who told me I needed to re-enroll and continue my education. When I told her my story she hung up on me and I haven’t received a call since. So now I'm stuck with payments for loans and nothing to show for it.

Original review: April 21, 2015

I attended and graduated from Everest College with a associates degree medical assisting. Although I spent many hours working and going to school at the same time, the college did not succeed at finding me work after college. They made promises that they did not keep, they were the most expensive college to go to for a associates degree. They did not back up anything they said to me, I feel cheated and robbed of two years of my life. I would not recommend this college or any colleges affiliated with corinthian schools. They are a rip off, and don't deserve your hard earned money.

Everest Institute Company Information