2. Education
  3. Online Colleges

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5

With The College Network, you can earn college credit without going to class. Our Comprehensive Learning Module program will assist with obtaining credits through various well-known exams. The college credits you obtain can be applied to the Excelsior College associate degree in nursing program.

The College Network Reviews

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I wish there was 'ZERO' to rate this money sucking company. I don't know how anyone that works for this company sleeps at night. Scamming new graduates of LPN programs. I fell for their trap and 4 years later I am still paying on a 12% loan and have ZERO to show for it. They tell you complete their modules, take an exam through Excelsior and get college credit to apply towards the LPN to BSN, RN at Indiana State University. They tell you that your "tuition" includes the cost of the exams you take at Excelsior, that is a LIE. I am paying for 15 modules and if I want take the exam for each subject I have to pay another $300-$400 for EACH EXAM!!! DON'T TRUST THESE LEECHES. THEY WILL CAUSE NOTHING BUT DEBT.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I would not recommend ANYONE signing up for thousands of dollars for this company. They are going after hard working nurses to sell everyone a dream of completing the LPN-RN without hassle. I applied in 2013 and when I realized how much everything was and that the online classes are not for me I canceled everything. I was told it would take a few days. I never took any of the classes or tests and then in 2015 I received a letter that it went in collection and they were trying to sue me. Ridiculous!!! They want me to pay 10,000 for classes I never took. I don't know about everyone else but I'm not rich to give anyone my hard working money for nothing especially when it's to benefit some scam of a "business". Save your money and go to a campus college or a known college with online courses.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I had a horrible experience with the College Network. The lady came into my home should of been a BIG warning! She was basically a sales rep that offered numerous case studies and modules that I could access when I enrolled in the program from LPN to RN. It was all false, I ended paying more and I could not access all items mentioned up above until I dish out more money. I called to cancelled my subscription with them permanently. Then I received a call from a collection agency stating that I now owe them money or else they will sue me. Worst customer service to help me solve my issues with them too.

Original review: April 19, 2017

When I signed on to The College Network 5 or 6 years ago, a man came to my house and sold me on the LPN to RN program. I signed on the dotted line and planned to start my journey. He did not have a welcome packet with him (which now looking back I should have said no right there. If you know you are going to meet with someone you would think you would be prepared). But I said ok. Never received it. Never ever was even able to log on to my account. So now years later after paying about 6 grand, and stopping payment on the rest I am being threatened with a garnishment. I have put in for a request for a hearing. What a waste of money that was. LESSON LEARNED!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Guys this school is a total 100% rip off. I signed up for the school didn't finish and now owe $6,000 which they garnish $550 out of pay each month. I was in the LPN to RN program. Went for half a module and six years later they are garnishing $550 out of my paychecks each month. They had me sign some sketchy contract so I couldn't fight it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The College Network?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I just paid off my $12,000 loan. I have NOTHING to show for it. I met with a salesman at a local Panera and listened to his sales pitch. He REALLY wanted me to sign up then. I told him I'd have to think about it. I called the school back a few months later and he no longer worked there. A very nice lady came to my home and we went over everything. In her sales pitch I questioned whether her program was a college accredited program (not understanding the entire concept of the college network at that time). I was ASSURED it was. Looking back, I don't think the lady even understood what that meant. I THOUGHT I WAS IN AN ONLINE COLLEGE not a college PREP program!! I realized this a week after signing and when I called the company I was told, "You had only 3 days to cancel the contract." Here I am 4 years later, $12,000 poorer and still an LPN. Does anyone know if we have any recourse??

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

The College Network has been a horrible experience for me. I paid all my fee's including tests, but the program just wasn't right for me. I asked for a refund for the tests since I would not be doing them. They refused to return my test money $275 per test with 12 test left. That's a lot of money we could use. They offered me a lifetime credit for me or my family which no one in my family needs. This program is nothing but a scam! I paid so much money for a product I don't want anymore and they won't give it back. That's pretty much stealing. Don't use this program. The cost is ridiculous and once you sign the contract you are stuck - no refunds. I wasted so much money. I just can't believe how gullible I was to fall for their pitch. Trust me it's a big waste of money you will never get back.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

I paid loans to College Network over 2 years. Tested with them then they changed all the criteria while I was still testing and told me there was an entire NEW set of criteria and I'd need to reapply. ARE YOU SERIOUS? They wouldn't refund my money stating I'd "signed a contract" to pay. They have a seemingly professional group of admission advisers but this program is a SCAM! So is Excelsior with their CPNE! It's tough to digest but there simply is not a valid ONLINE ONLY program out there. Look into hybrids, or a program with at least some sort of in class session once a week. SAVE YOUR MONEY, don't be fooled. If it seems too good to be true it is. Don't be in my boat. I've lost $4000 to College Network but no more, never again!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

This program is a total scam!! DO NOT DO IT!!! I was told when I signed up I would complete my classes online through the college network, and then go on to ISU. I could take as long as I needed with my classes... This was a LIE and is not true at all. Now when you look up The College Network it says permanently closed... So where is this 10,000 getting me now? NOT ANYWHERE. It sounded great... But it was too good to be true!! Don't trust it.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

I have been trying to communicate with this company ever since I found out that the course they recommended to take ISU online nursing program do accept the courses and ISU do have a partnership with TCN. I left 2 email messages and no response have been. I have been trying to get some clarity on the courses and test prep material I need and have receive little to no feedback. They are still try to bill me for no services received. I'm getting some legal help! This is a bunch of BS! Now I found out that they have law suits against them!

The College Network Company Information

1992
    Formerly Named:
    Collegiate Publishing Research Network (CPRN)
    3815 River Crossing Parkway Suite 260