Online learning at it's best

General Assembly's affordable options for today's top careers

Find your course
3.65/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

The College Network

With The College Network, you can earn college credit without going to class. Our Comprehensive Learning Module program will assist with obtaining credits through various well-known exams. The college credits you obtain can be applied to the Excelsior College associate degree in nursing program.

Online learning at it's best

General Assembly's affordable options for today's top careers

Find your course

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

The College Network Reviews

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

This place is a scam, it does not present any work or answer any questions! I signed up back in 2004. These big law firm people has been coming after me every 10 years to pay back for college online program I never received.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I signed up for the RN bridge program back in 2009. I realized within 2 weeks I could not afford the monthly payment. I called to cancel the program. I thought all was good until 2016 when they started taking $800 a month Garnishment for a total of $16,000. I was not able to find out it was The College Network because they hide behind a lawyer who would not answer emails or phone calls. Forward to 12/2018 and I receive a letter from College Network saying the $16,000 was not the total. Now they want additional $1800!!! Has anyone filed a lawsuit??

Get expert buying tips about Online Colleges delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I purchased the entire course LPN to RN & requested my modules numerous times. Was told they were online & then was unable to log in ever. I want to be reimbursed for the money I lost. How do I do this. They were paid the entire amount to my stupidity.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I purchased from College Network five prerequisite courses to be able to apply to the transition from LVN to BSN program. I was told that I could work at my own pace. I did test out of one course, which I have no record of, and now I hear that they are out of business. I financed this program, with interest, for over 3 years. Has anyone had success with a refund or lawsuit?

Original review: April 16, 2018

I had a fellow classmate that wanted me to meet with TCN representative so I did. I was fresh out of Nursing School and wanted to start my transition to RN without having to sit in a classroom again for any length of time. I felt like this option would be perfect. I could still work, I could still speed time with my newborn, I could do it at my pace. I was assured that there was NO time limit that I had to meet to finish my degree. It sounded great!

I got my first module and began studying. Slowly but surely I discovered that I needed the accountability of a classroom setting. I called the representative that I met with, he urged me to give it another chance and again assured me that this was at my pace. Needless to say it didn't work. I got frustrated and stopped working. Payments continued to come out, I tried to stop payments but was contacted non stop by the bank, so I paid it off. This was 10 years ago, and I STILL have nothing to show. This place is a huge scam and if I was you, I'd run the other way as fast as you can.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The College Network?

Original review: March 28, 2018

I have read several of the complaints. And I agree with all of them. I sign up and got ripped off. I know everyone want their money back. I know I do. Seems like a lot of these schools have found a way to ripped people off. I suggest we all join together and sue College Network. Furthermore let State Board know what they are creating ripped off scam. Not only these types of school but junior colleges that have unqualified instructors that make it difficult to pass their classes. I refuse to cheat. These are people lives that I am dealing with it. I want to hold these instructors accountable for their actions.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I signed up for the LVN to BSN in San Diego in 2010 and paid off the first stage of the program in full totaling over $12,000.00. My spouse suffered a brain injury in 2012 and I have had to put the program on hold but TCN assured me I could resume my studies when I am ready. I have now been informed by TCN that they no longer offer the LVN to BSN program in California. I requested a refund as I am no longer able to receive the product I purchased from them but a supervisor stated to me over the phone that it is against TCN policy to grant refunds and my only option is to take one of their other course of which I am not interested. I have found an attorney in San Diego (Hannah **) who won a lawsuit against TCN in 2016 for a former College Network client.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I signed up with The College Network on 4/22/2010, the agent I spoke with promised to send me the study material which I did not receive, however they submitted my paperwork and started to collect money from my account monthly through the credit union. After numerous attempts and still being unable to get any result I stopped the payment, (after almost two 2 years). The credit union sold the loan to another institution, now they are taking me to court for the balance on the account. I have not been able to work since 2013, I'm on a fixed income from my social security. I need help with this problem.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

This place ripped me off, I signed up for the RN program, could never log in to any programs, talked to people there but never got any help, my doctor had me drop out because of health issues, but during this I kept paying, by the time they let me drop it, I had paid over 2,000 for nothing, I was also suppose to have 50 in an account that I could get back but of course they couldn't find it, how can these people get by with this, I worked hard for money that was stolen from me, how can we get our money from these creeps?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I was given similar treatment by this organization. I signed on many years ago but had to stop for a while due to other pressing issues. Back in 2016, I received an email requesting that I contact them regarding some important changes to their program. Months later I called and was told that I had to pay for my own books to continue the program as they would no longer be provided. When asked how do I find the books I was told search; online, and used bookstores. I asked if there would be an adjustment to the monies I paid into the program (by this time I had completely satisfied all payments), and was quoted a script from the contract on how they reserve the right to make changes to the program without consequence more or less...

Well needless to say this escalated, as just like many of you I don't have almost $6500 + dollars to just give someone, and turn around and invest even more, by having to go on a witch hunt for books. Like some of you I complained to the BBB, as well as Pinellas County Consumer Protection, and the Office of the Arizona Attorney General, Civil Litigation Division, Consumer Protection & Advocacy Section Consumer Information & Complaints (IN-STATE ONLY) (800) 352-8431. All advising upfront that they cannot represent me in this civil matter, but could inquire, and mitigate to see if a resolution in compromise could be reached.

Honestly, this business has been in this situation "I BELIEVE" as the Director of Operations continued to tell me that If I want to do anything against them it would have to be in the courts there in Pinellas County Florida, and by the time I win, I will have spent more getting there, filing paperwork, lodging, meals, etc. And if that was not enough, she also added, that if I hired an attorney by the time the attorney takes his fees, I would be left with half of what I paid for the program. I asked myself; How could she possibly know this...and post talking with an attorney friend, who said they are in the wrong, but the Director of Operations was right ref post attorney fees. So as you can see, just like you...I felt stuck and continued to search around and eventually caught a break!

I happen to subscribe to the Florida Attorney General, Pam Bondi newsletter, read up on a group within the Attorney General's office that would take a closer look at things, especially for veterans. So I say to you all don't give up, reach out File your Complaints to: Florida Attorney General Office, Consumer Protection Division. I have been informed by one of the Financial Investigators that the more complaints they receive, the greater the chances of a formal investigation. So please join me in letting the Attorney General's Office know that within her Great State of Florida lies and business that especially thrives on taking your money and how you were treated!!! After all it's your money, they took it, and you might get it back!!!

The College Network expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The College Network partners with universities and colleges to offer a streamlined path to a degree. Since 1992, they have been an educational partner giving students the opportunity to earn a degree from a respected college.

• Degree programs: The College Network offers several healthcare related bachelor's degree programs and professional degrees through their university partners.

• Certification programs available: In addition to their degree programs, The College Network offers a range of certification programs and continuing education credits.

• Not a college: The College Network is NOT a college. They do not directly award degrees. Instead, they offer a variety of equivalency based credit options that transfer to one of their partner universities.

• Online only: Take courses when and where it is convenient for you, without the need to commute to a campus.

• 24-months to a degree: With a test based approach to learning, students who pursue a bachelor's through The College Network might complete a degree in as little as 24 months.

• Best for: New grads, promotion/job seekers, lifetime learners and full-time workers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
      ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The College Network Company Information

1992
      Formerly Named:
      Collegiate Publishing Research Network (CPRN)
      3815 River Crossing Parkway Suite 260