4.07/5
Based on 14 reviews that contain star ratings

University of Phoenix BS in Accounting

The University of Phoenix’s offers an online BS in Accounting degree with 5-week classes. Read more University of Phoenix reviews to learn about other degree programs offered. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

14 University of Phoenix BS in Accounting Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 1, 2018

The online program brings to us the facility to take studies without stop the work and keep earning money while we are learning new things. And there is a very good way to the teachers teach on the distance. But the prices are a little high for the attention we receive, all or almost all the things are sent to our emails and I think that we could receive more online classes. But taking all the good and bad things, the online program worth is every cent. I've learned a lot of things in the same time I work and care about my family. One of the best things I've done.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I liked the hours and that I could do this program in the convenience of my own home. Also the instructors took the time to explain the class activities so as to be able to understand assignments. My instructors helped me in achieving my goals in college and I received my Associates Degree in Criminal Justice. But the online program could be extended to more programs of interest and also the instructors could even out the homework so that all work is not expected to be done in a few days. I would love to have face timing in class with other schoolmates too so could discuss assignments. But I had a great experience and spent seven years and liked one course having my bachelors degree which was Critical Thinking and that was a class wish I could have completed. But other than that the experience was very pleasant and I really appreciated my instructors.

Get expert buying tips about Online Accounting Degrees delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: April 28, 2018

The online portal allows for a virtual classroom so you can actually see the teacher and other classmates. This makes it easier to understand the notes and also have time to speak freely with one another. The portal is fun and exciting. Easy to switch between subjects and makes scheduling a lot easier. The only issue with this is taking actual test in which we have to go to the school itself to do this. Student login can also take some time to find if you are new, so they should fix the website to where we can easily log into the site. They have it near the very bottom where the "contact us" link normally is. So that could be a bother.

Original review: April 27, 2018

The program enables me to do it on my own time and kind of at my own pace, however there are certain times where classes are scheduled and I have to be logged in at that time to receive credit. The teachers don't really seem to care about their students in my experience. They are hard to reach and rarely offer more help than to tell me what pages to read. I had a family emergency come up and my teacher would not give me an extension on my paper that was due and would not give me any help when I asked questions about the topic. I had an extremely poor experience with University of Phoenix.

Original review: April 24, 2018

My overall experience with the University of Phoenix was great. I got to experience what it felt like to do school online and how it is not much too different from a brick and mortar. You have to be a little more disciplined, organized, and responsible to do school work online. I liked that it was easy to obtain information on how to enroll. It was also easy to set up financial aid and once you were enrolled the instructors and staff were very helpful. I started to feel a little skeptical though once rumors were spread that the institution was not fully accredited.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about University of Phoenix BS in Accounting?

Original review: April 23, 2018

Fully accredited, online education program for me is the ideal academic pathway for aspiring peoples who needs to do a lot of things every single day without hassles. Although, the main problem with every educational course is the price and the hours, as a whole, the program is very effective. I liked it a lot. My overall experience with the institution is very clear, without any problems and the quality is very good. Very likely to continue here and I want to make more courses but I need to finish this one first.

Original review: April 22, 2018

It has everything I need, has nice and friendly teachers. Also it has flexible classes so, I can attend online classes easily. Classes are offered in the evenings or on the weekend so it fit into my schedule and has also management and leadership skills to get ahead of my project management. But online classes are need to more improve with flexible hours and also it need to improve finding my campus easily. Management and leadership skills also need to more improve.

Original review: April 18, 2018

The Online Program allowed me to study and focus on the classes and workload without worrying about commuting to class. However, during my Online Program - Most of the projects require teamwork and most of the time we had many of the students/teammates on the teams that didn't participate at all or provided useless material. It was very frustrating that a few good students worked hard and the rest got credit for work they didn't participate in. But I got out of the program what I put into it and was fortunate to get a few good professors along the journey. I love the learning process and would love to continue my Ph.D. in Psychology but it is way too expensive for me to consider. But if I hit the lotto I will.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I love the way it is set up and how it allows me the opportunity to work efficiently without problems. It helps me learn and know what I am going on the site. It's a great school resource tool for students who preferred to take online courses instead of in-class courses. They both offer the same great opportunity. Overall have been a great experience with facts, information, and knowledge. I recommend.

Original review: April 16, 2018

The overall experience I have had University of Phoenix is great yet there were a few things that slightly turned me away. The courses web pages were a bit clunky at times and that the execution was weird at times. But the teachers were always responsive and prompt and I believe the courses were greatly planned and expected.

Original review: April 15, 2018

The University of Phoenix BS in Accounting program is very educational and rewarding. It is very collaborative and offers many tools for student success. The instructors are knowledgeable about the field of study and offer great insight into real-world application of knowledge in the job market. The program also makes it easy to understand how to do that. I learned a lot from this educational experience and was able to advance my career as a result!

Original review: April 14, 2018

I like that I can do it at my own pace since I work full time. Some classes have been challenging and others not so much. I really have liked the finance classes the most and I doing really well in them. Some of the classes are a little basic and the students are not serious. Some professors don't seem to care that much either, but I will finish with really good grades. Overall I have been a really good student.

Original review: April 13, 2018

University of Phoenix's easy to apply to, administration is quick and simple to deal with and the advisors are really kind and quick to call or email back if any questions arise. It's perfect the way it is currently. I love it, and would recommend it to anyone who lives a very busy life between work life and personal life. In fact I have actually suggested for my daughters to look into it with their busy lives of being parents. I know they both would love to go back to school to finish their degrees.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I had a great learning experience. It gave me a new perspective and insight on the world. It changed my life and made me more intelligent. I got a great score on all my tests as well. Accounting is a passion of mine and I am hoping that the program does not happen to change. I enjoy all of it and will continue this through continued education.

University of Phoenix BS in Accounting expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The University of Phoenix is a for-profit American educational institution. It has 91 campuses and extensive online learning programs, with many degree programs entirely online. Its online Bachelor of Science in Accounting program, called the BSACC, is designed to take 204 weeks to complete at a cost of just over $67,000 for tuition and fees.

• Credit requirements: The University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Accounting program requires 120 credit hours to graduate, but some of these may be waived if you have relevant prior experience, training or credits from another institution. Of the 120 required credits, 45 are general education and 9 are electives within the major.

• Simple pricing: The University of Phoenix recently implemented a new pricing structure for its BSACC program. Students are charged a flat fee of $415 per credit hour plus a $140 resource fee.

• Financial aid options: The University of Phoenix offers scholarships for highly qualified students. In addition, federal financial aid options including grants and loans can help to alleviate the cost.

• Curriculum requirements: The BSACC program includes a core curriculum that focuses on accounting principles, auditing and taxation, ethics, international accounting issues, technology, micro and macroeconomics, quantitative analysis and more.

• Accreditation: The University of Phoenix is regionally accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The University of Phoenix Bachelor of Science in Accounting program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).

• Best for: adult learners, especially those with prior academic or professional experience.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs