4.60/5
Based on 15 reviews that contain star ratings

Kaplan University BS in Accounting

Kaplan University offers an online Bachelor’s degree program with flexible start dates for people seeking a career in Accounting. Read more Kaplan University reviews to learn about other degree programs offered. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

15 Kaplan University BS in Accounting Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 1, 2018

I had a great intellectual experience. The customer service was good and on point, the professors were great, and the students that were in my online glass were very helpful. All the features of the school where the best that I ever used and I can do things at my own leisure. Kaplan University has made strides in my education and I would do it again to get the best education that I can hope for.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Kaplan University BS in Accounting program was as high quality and education as any other. It was a very comprehensive program and that I was getting a quality education from this class. I could go at my own pace and didn't feel as though I was having to memorize things just to spit it right back out on a test and then forget it. However, this institution was a bit more expensive than others I have attended. For an online program I believe the price could come down a bit. Other than that it was a very worthwhile program. For those looking to get an education and not just a diploma this was as good or better than any other institution I have been a part of.

Get expert buying tips about Online Accounting Degrees delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: April 28, 2018

I loved everything about Kaplan University's BS in Accounting program and I loved my time there. The whole online experience was very smooth and easy to understand. It felt like it went faster than actually took. I was able to get my courses done when I needed them done. Everything went a lot better than I thought it would and I'm not sure if anything could beat my experience there.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Kaplan University was educational and worth it. I liked how they set me up on a fast track to success. They made it easy to pick the classes that best suited my schedule, and gave me all the tools I needed to succeed in this discipline. But there's a lack of social interaction with my classmates. I also understood that I wasn't going to get that going to an online university. But the experience was great. I feel like I learned a lot on top of getting a degree that will help me in accounting. I would highly recommend Kaplan University to anyone who wants to succeed in this field.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I have really enjoyed being able to take courses and learn online through Kaplan University. I like that I am able to customize my degree. I can change at anytime I feel that I want to try another degree and it doesn't count against me. The courses are easy to take and you are given plenty of coursework to be able to pass any test given. I am also able to study at my own pace and there isn't a feeling of stress about being able to finish on time. I am able to take care of other matters in my life while still being able to get a quality education that will help me in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaplan University BS in Accounting?

Original review: April 25, 2018

I love the professors in the classroom. They are patient and provide thought provoking homework. I can apply the information to just about all aspects of accounting. But I would like to see smaller classroom sizes. Individualized attention would help me retain the info sooner. Other than that I am enjoying the overall process. They are thorough and kind to experience. For those in my circle looking to further their education I would recommend Kaplan University to my friends. The convenience and the affordability are equivalent to the teaching expertise.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I really like Kaplan University and their BS in Accounting program. It is easy to understand and this will help me be successful in life. It is an excellent program for the students who want to be educated and achieve higher in life. It is a great university.

Original review: April 23, 2018

The ability to get my education from home is what made want to start to get an education online and Kaplan University was the right place for me. It is a lot less stressful and distracting than going to a regular university. I can do the tasks during my time and net at a schedule time. All of the work that you end up doing isn't that difficult either and if you need help it isn't difficult to get it so that you'll be able to do well in whatever class or program that you take. I just wish that I would have found it sooner. It really works for me and it's worth the money. Anyone that is looking into going back to school or finish school and has the opportunity to do so should give it a shot. It is a great opportunity to get yourself in a better spot than you were before. To get a good paying job once you graduate will make your life a lot easier in the future.

Original review: April 22, 2018

My overall experience has been a good one. The program is really easy to understand and the assistance you get from the others are great. I like the location and the ease of doing online things. It also has a local building that I can go to if I need anything. I like that I can do it at my own pace in my own time and where I want.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Walden is very nice and they have online facility to help with your studies. The courses were well laid out and flexible. It allowed you to go back and review the material and allowed me to complete at my own pace. I was very happy with the material and the instructors presented the course well. The overall look and feel of the online studies were top notch. They also have a discount for military families which helped greatly.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I like how well organized the website is laid out. You can find anything you need, whether it's info on different courses, or getting in touch with the people who work there. The courses seem to be effective and unique. The online program is easy as well. It provides me with all the things I need. Communication is great in a sense of getting your answers but it would be better if I were able to receive it in a better timely pace. I'd also like to see more info on courses. They have some but not enough, and more videos on frequently asked questions would be helpful. But my experience has been great. They offer more things than any other site and they genuinely show that they care.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Financing is easy and they are helpful with finding loans and financial aid. They are helping me climb the educational ladder to a more successful future. Challenging courses, helpful teachers and a program that works with my schedule is how I would describe this institution. The books are also mailed straight to your home so you don't have to go searching for sold out books online. You also don't have to jump through all of the hoops that are necessary at a brick and mortar school. However, I would like to see changed is maybe the price could be lowered.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I like the curriculum for the online accounting program since it is not too easy nor is it too hard. We also have face to face interactions using the webcam. I also enjoy the simulations we have and class projects. However, I don't like the tight schedule we are working on. The deadlines are bit too close to each other. Although we have open book exams, the time allotted to complete the test is too short. The tuition fee is also a little higher compared to others but it is worth it. And overall, I like the accounting program I am in right now and appreciate the mentoring I get from my adviser.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I have gain a lot from Kaplan University. I like that I can learn and excel without being a lot of people near me. I like having no one around me while I study making my grades better. I like that it's quiet. I can work from home when I want and on my own pace and also study when I want and not have a teacher. But I wish I had more time to complete my courses and that they have a one on one person to help me with my courses and leaning more. Other than that, I like learning with them from them.

Original review: April 12, 2018

My schedule is a hectic one and with brick and mortar institutions that often presented a problem with my credits situation. Online education definitely helped rectify that. I like the convenience of the program and that it works with your own personal schedule. I had a very positive experience that resulted in some good and tense times. It's still school at the end of the day, no matter where you're learning from.

Kaplan University BS in Accounting expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Headquartered in Iowa, Kaplan University is an American for-profit higher education institution. It has 14 physical campuses but is primarily a distance learning institution, with dozens of available programs. Its Bachelor of Science in Accounting program takes four years to complete and costs approximately $71,250 for tuition, books and fees.

• Flexible start dates: Kaplan University offers several start dates instead of operating on a traditional school year calendar. You can choose the date that works best for your schedule; generally, new start dates are available about every three weeks.

• Credit requirements: The Bachelor in Accounting program requires 180 credits, of which 33 are required core courses, 99 are in accounting and the remaining 48 are open electives. Each course is worth five or six credits.

• Optional concentration areas: Students may opt to fill elective courses with courses that count toward optional concentrations, including Auditing-Forensic Accountancy, Managerial Accountancy, Public Accountancy or Tax Accountancy. Each concentration requires four courses (24 credits).

• Financial aid: Kaplan awards grants and scholarships to qualified students to help reduce the cost of the program. You may also qualify for a tuition reduction if you or your spouse is a current or former member of the armed forces.

• Accreditation: Kaplan University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, which oversees institutions in the central United States. The business programs at Kaplan, including the Bachelor of Science in Accounting, are also accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).

• Best for: adult learners, those who need flexible starting dates or those who want a specific degree concentration.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs