4.11/5
Based on 9 reviews that contain star ratings

Ashford University Accounting

Ashford University offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Accounting that can be completed online. Read more Ashford University reviews to learn about other degree programs offered. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands.

9 Ashford University Accounting Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 1, 2018

I enjoy the school in general and my overall experience has been positive for the most part. Everything I expected from it has come true. I really enjoy the flexibility of these programs. They have lots of different resources. The way teachers interact with their kids is so so, but for the most part they are very nice with them and keep everything simple enough for everyone to understand. The teachers really like to help out students with one on one talks and a friendly environment. But I would improve response time, there are many instances in which a teacher will not respond to a student for a formidable amount of time.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Ashford University is excellent institution, because is the high quality and truly for my life. The institution offer good program and good credit and the easy access for study from my house or from anyone place.

Get expert buying tips about Online Accounting Degrees delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2018

A very good experience that I will never forget, I'm very satisfied with everything I learned on this course. I have taken 3 courses on this site and I feel very satisfied with all of them. I like the way they make us learn and understand about communications and all the things it brings. I like the material they gave to us and the program as it is. I would take this course again and again. I really like the course, although I would improve a bit more the program and the material, and the website needs a better performance and design.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I love that I am able to use this program at my own pace and be able to get a tutor or help at any time I might need it. This website is wonderful and had great informative classes and webinars. All the staff and teachers have been so helpful and supportive. The best part is being able to communicate with my online community. I had a great experience and would definitely recommend using this website.

Original review: April 17, 2018

It's a good website that offers educational resources for you be prepared. I like the reading resources and online textbook that is simple to learn. I also admire the work that is input because is very helpful in some case scenarios. However, the way it set up can be confusing, but is still benefit many people like my friends who are dedicated to the program in no circumstances that it offers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashford University Accounting?

Original review: April 16, 2018

I do classes after work at night. Online schools are a good option, judging by some problems or careers that you cannot reach at your local home, nature or other things. It is really useful.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I am pleased with the entire online program. It has all of the essentials that I may need for learning. It is very self-explanatory and easy to navigate. My online portal has tabs to easily view my financial aid status, my payment accounts, and much more. If I need help of any kind it gives me a directory list of contact information to easily contact my advisors or teachers either via phone or email. The only thing that I would improve about the online program would have to be the layout arrangement of the online portal. For mobile users such as myself, who would rather do everything on my phone rather than computer, it is just a bit complicated. I have to zoom in most times to see where I am trying to navigate in the system. But my experience has been great so far. The staff at the institution are friendly and help tremendously to make sure I have everything I need to learn and succeed in my education.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I love that Ashford University is online so it gives me the freedom to make my own schedule, which is very helpful because not only am I a full time student I'm also a full time mom and employee. I love that my instructor is helpful and always there when I need some assistance. And no matter what time of day I always get a quick response. Overall it is the best educational experience I have ever had and I am able to do everything I need.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I love the amount of support that is given to the student body. You are given ample amounts of student tutoring and career advancement opportunities in this college. But maybe add a little educational support from the teachers. I always felt the they did not have enough for the students. The classes were always in such a rush. But my overall experience for the online portion was ok. I got the work done that I needed to and it ended up being a good decision on my part because it was pretty easy.

Ashford University Accounting expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Based in San Diego, California, Ashford University is a for-profit online higher education institution and the largest holding of Bridgepoint Educational. It offers several online degree programs related to accounting, including three Bachelor of Arts degrees in Accounting, Consumer and Family Financial Services and Finance, and a Master of Accountancy. All of Ashford’s accounting degrees are offered through its Forbes School of Business & Technology.

• Tuition: The Bachelor of Arts degree programs in Accounting, Consumer and Family Financial Services and Finance are all designed to take 208 weeks to complete, at a cost of about $59,000 for those who finish on time. The Master of Accountancy program is designed to take 100 weeks and costs around $34,100.

• Support: Ashford students have access to faculty, librarians, writing assistants, classmates and career service counselors. You can email or chat online for help or assistance at any time.

• Asynchronous courses: All of Ashford’s courses are asynchronous, which means you can log in at any time and complete your course modules at your convenience. You can stay in touch with your instructors and classmates via discussion boards and email.

• Regionally accredited: Ashford University is regionally accredited through WASC Senior College and University Commission. Its Accounting bachelor’s degree program is further accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).

• Unique course plan: Instead of taking several courses simultaneously over a semester, students at Ashford take one course at a time for five weeks. Students in the Accounting bachelor’s degree program must have 120 credits to graduate, including three introductory course credits, 52 general education credits, 42 major credits and 26 elective credits.

• Best for: adult learners, working professionals and those who have at least 15 hours per week to give to studies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs