North Florida Institute

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was promised that I would learn about phlebotomy, the in and outs of being a phlebotomist but that's wasn't the case. I wasn't taught the order of draw, the different types of the tubes to draw the blood, wasn't taught about the veins, wasn't taught what the different types of test of the blood draw. It is so much that goes with becoming a phlebotomy, it was a waste of money and didn't learn anything. We wasn't even given the original state test that is required for phlebotomy, it was a test she made up of 15 question and the state test has 5 different parts to become a phlebotomist.

I went to North Florida Institute and the recruiter promised me everything. She told me that I would complete the program in 9 months and be a Pharmacy Technician making nearly 20 dollars/hr. They also promised scholarships to help with the funding and that their financial aid department would search for and apply them to my account.

Well, the program took almost two years because they never had teachers, or had teachers that would stay for the courses so they gave me “breaks” in between classes. I went on to internship and was released from the school until graduation. I attended graduation and asked why we didn’t get our degree that day when we walk and I was told it would be mailed to me within 2 weeks. Needless to say, it is 2 years later and I have no degree and no pharmacy job! I’m stuck with a huge balance with Sallie Mae because the school is a big fraud scam!

I recommend no one to attend this so-called college or they changed their name to Fortis College recently. It’s crap! You will be very disappointed!

Well everything you read in comments about this school is correct, I would NOT recommend any one going to this school. it was such a horriable mistake on my part, Those recruiters will promise u the world and every bit of it is not true. They lied to me about the pay MAS make, telling me 20.00 a hr this a bunch of [lies].

In that school everyone is lost. you go to ask a question in the office no one knows nothing, its sad.You call the register lady pattie (lost) and ask what classes you have next and she will say a class just to get you from bothering her and when you start classes its never for what she said it was. They just hire anyone with any type of degree they call them and that same day they are teaching, the teachers themselves told me this cause they were even surprised they were teahing that same day of being called and hired.

Some teachers have issues they dont really want to be there and take 1 hour smoke breaks or there nut cases and want to beleive there teaching at UNF. Dont think they they will teach you with working supplys. nope what they have to use is broken or they dont have a enough to pass to everyone in the class.

Also with as much money as they make off students you would think they would have parking lighting out for the night classes that are there till 10pm so they dont get mugged at night. Its so dark. take a ride out there at night and see for youre self. Once ur in youre screwed b/c they will throw Fin.Aid in ur face for every thing. And yes dont think that they will ever get you a job or really help you thats all a joke. Im just tring to make it through so I can start paying back my 20.000 on my 9.50 and hour job for the rest of my life .

i spoke with a recruiter at the school about their medical coding and billing couse . she told me it was a two year course, and when i finished with the course, she will place me in a doctor office making 14.00 dollars or more an hour ,that i would'nt have a problem getting hire.

the school had problems keeping teacher to teach, we had substitute constantly. teachers would come and go there alot. i finally finished the coding and billing course , got my diploma and no job, but a debt on my back that i cannot afford to paid with todays economy. the school got my money and i have no job, working as a medical coding or biller. this school is still out there ripping people off their money, not being concern if you got a job.

i spoke to mr. w again two a month ago ,and he said, he had a great recruiter that can help me. heard from her once and that was it. i told her that they should paid for my student loan because they did'nt kept the end of the deal. i told her if i dont get any response. i will protest in front of their school and let others student come foward. the news media needs to get involve so other student could come forward. the school is still out there promissing student a new future and job placement ,but once you done and get out don't help you. i will like to know if there is an attorney that can help me,and if there is can you please call me at the number above. thanks for taking the time to read this message iam sending. oh by the way i graduated on 04/25/2007.and they still can do anything for me.

I was attending a class that I was struggling with and constantly had to pretty much beg my teachers to help me. After speaking to an administrator and the dean of the school,I was given the same answer by both stating that "my teacher was allowed to teach his class the way they wanted, and that when i finally graduated and found a job that i wasnt going to be able to ask my boss how to do my job, which is why he may not always help us." In which i replied "well, isnt that why im in school? To ask questions so that when i graduate i will know my job well enough to not have to ask questions?"

How do I know I can trust these reviews about North Florida Institute?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

North Florida Institute Company Profile