Manhattan Prep

Compare GRE Prep Courses

Research top GRE Prep Courses recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It help to understand what kind of questions, things would be asked on the test itself. It help me study those areas more. It prepared me to study harder in areas I needed to. The teacher taught us how to study stuff that would be on the test itself and not study stuff that wouldn't be asked. How to focus areas that would be harder knowing the basic ideas of the questions on the test itself and the areas to study was a lot easier than to study everything and wasting time.

The program did a great job at helping me with analytical thinking and preparing me for the exam. It was very cost effective and well worth the money. Seems like the program used teachers with a lot of experience. They used a narrow focus to get the most out of the software. I feel they worked with the student rather than just provide information.

All materials were accessible through their website. Links to outside sources were also provided. If an answer was not readily available, one of the instructors would help you find the correct information. The program did a wonderful job at getting me ready for the exam. The information provided within was easy to use and direct. The tutors also helped teach through the difficult sections.

For what it cost it could have offered more in terms of more practice exams. Overall it did offer valid information to help prepare for the GMAT. In terms of the information provided, it was adequate to raise test scores and helped understand the test procedures better so I could be overall well informed and prepared. The best part of this was how easy it was to access the information. No glitches at all and I was made to feel prepared come test time. So it was very easy. After using the study materials, I felt very prepared. I had taken the test once before and didn't do so great, but after utilizing this test prep course, I felt confident going into the test and did excellent on the test.

When you choose this test prep you are sure to get your money's worth. The lessons and practice tests are well written and sure to help you ace it. The teachers were amazing! Very helpful in every way possible. They weren't afraid to go back to the basics to help me succeed. Their knowledge and practices were professional and intelligent. At first, I experienced issues with gaining access but they were extremely helpful and timely in getting everything fixed. I was beyond pleased with the help I got with my access issues. The lessons and teachers are professional and prepared for any type of student. You could tell they were ready for anything. I felt extremely prepared walking in on exam day and I have them to thank.

It was very expensive and not easy to afford. Other than this it is great. I would really recommend this. These are easily available on stores. The teachers who wrote this are highly qualified. They have good knowledge of their subject. They are very helpful. They have solved good problems. It was very easy to access and available easily everywhere. Online course is very easily accessible. I liked it very much. I bought it online. It gave a good platform to prepare for examination. I could keep records of my previous work which made my life easy and organized. This is very good to prepare.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Manhattan Prep?

I did the verbal only and felt that the lessons and strategy helped me know more and be better prepared for the way to take the test. I liked that it was self paced but also prepared me for a test that is not. The teacher was obviously an expert in the content that I needed. He was also fun and made the experience engaging rather than just learning information. The online resources were very easy to access. I especially liked the practice tests and banks of archived questions. I also liked that I could access them on my phone. By completing the practice tests I got a good feel for what the real test would be like and when I went and took the test it felt like a familiar setting. I think it took some of the nervousness away.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Since 2000, Manhattan Prep has covered the middle of the market with instruction options ranging from self-study to private one-on-one mentoring.

• Three levels: You can move between levels of support, from online self-paced, to in-person classrooms to one-on-one tutoring.
  • Smaller class sizes: Fewer students per instructor gives each person the attention they need in a supportive classroom environment.
  • Focus on fun: Studies prove that students learn better when they enjoy what they are doing. The instructors find ways to make sure the material is lively and entertaining.
  • Study supplements: Students get nearly 2,000 questions across various online tools and physical study guides, whether or not they choose the classroom option.
  • Archived lectures: When you need to review a concept, you can pull up archived videos of any classroom instruction session to access related information.
  • Different approaches: Original materials like flash cards, forums and GRE events engage alternate learning methods that some students require.
  • Best for These GRE prep methods take only a moderate commitment and aim to provide a more enjoyable, low pressure means of preparing for the big day.

Compare GRE Prep Course