Magoosh

Compare GRE Prep Courses

Research top GRE Prep Courses recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

You got a lot of practice tests, schedules, assistance, and score predictions, along with a guarantee to raise score at least five points for under a $100. A pretty good value. There was no live tutoring, only videos to watch. It would have been nice to actually have a teacher or instructor to answer specific questions. The ease of use was good. It was pretty easy to use with little to no difficulty. Navigating it was easy and using all the products within it was not hard. It gave me a lot of study time, and test, and things to go over. I felt much more prepared after using Magoosh than I would have if I had not taken the time to use it.

Great services at reasonable prices. This really helped me succeed in my chosen field of study in college. I would definitely recommend GRE prep courses to anyone seriously considering continuing their education. The teachers were all great, for the most part. Some came off like they had a stick up their butts, but I do realize everyone has a bad day every once in a while. The materials were reasonably priced and easy to use. I would have preferred some workbooks that would outline the lessons in more detail though just in case I don't pick up what the professors are saying the first time around. These GRE prep courses really helped me in school. They gave me a chance to see what some of the tests may look like & helped me highlight points to study further because I didn't know enough about certain subjects.

The questions were somewhat similar to the ones found on the actual GRE but there were a lot of differences and aspects I was not prepared for, especially in terms of the language portion. The teacher was adequate but did not add anything to my experience. I would have rather just had the book and done the problems on my own because they just discussed more about taking the test than the concepts themselves. There was plentiful materials. There were so many practice tests and lessons to read to review concepts that I could not even finish them all by the time I took the GRE. I felt somewhat prepared for the GRE because I could understand the time limits and knew the types of questions to consider, but I was not prepared for a variety of the language comprehension concepts.

I'd recommend to anyone taking the test. It helped me a lot. Let me see what to expect, prepare and study for it. It helped me score higher than I would have without it. It was easy to study it yourself and categorized in sections it helped me a lot and was very knowledgeable for me to study for the test. It was very easy and had a lot of study materials, practice test, vocab words and everything. Definitely worth it to buy if you want to do the best you possibly can on your test. The preparation was great nothing short of perfect. The GRE prep course helped me tremendously and was very easy to use. Helped me not be so intimidated of the test itself.

It is difficult, but worth it. Text completion is the most difficult one, reading comprehension is okay, math is very good. Recommend to use mock test, there will be an extra verbal just like the real test. The teacher is very good, he knows about the test very well, his explanation is very understandable. Verbal teacher, I didn't listen to math explanations. The website is very accessible as long as you have Internet. I didn't have any problem with accessibility. I didn't ask any questions through email. First, I watched all teaching videos, then practiced a little bit, then I took mock test twice every week for about one month. Finally, I worked the rest of unanswered questions. It was a good experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Magoosh ?

It gave me access to all of my study products anywhere and any time that I wanted or needed to use them. They provided a lot of content for the money as well. They were very knowledgeable and helpful. They were easy to contact and quick to respond and help in any way that they could. They were really great for being an online only company. They allow for you to access across many different devices and allow you access at any time that you have an internet connection which allowed me to study whenever and wherever I wanted to. They helped me be prepared for the test by offering many different ways to study and plenty of practice tests to take so I would be ready for anything that the test threw at me.

The value was a little steep but you also get what you pay for. Worth spending the money on! It really helped with my learning issues. Really helps with lesson plans and learning more about courses. Has everything you need to get that jump start in learning and teaching. EASY to access, works great and easily setup. Very great for the price points. I was rally happy with this purchase and will continue use. I was well prepared. I FELT well prepared! This was a great choice and even though on the pricey side it was WELL Worth it! So happy with it.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Magoosh gives you a program for your desktop, or an app for your mobile device, with thousands of GRE questions and full-length tests.

• Low cost: This is one of the best priced options, with prices around 75 percent cheaper than competing GRE prep programs.
  • Score improvement guarantee: Magoosh guarantees it will raise your score by at least five points, or the service is free.
  • Wide range of supported devices: You can do your prep on a desktop, laptop, Android or iOS device.
  • Continuous updates: App delivery means that the questions and advice are constantly updated with actual responses from other students who have just taken the GRE.
  • Smart feedback and responses: Magoosh gives you real-time guidance on which areas to focus on next, and how to approach similar questions.
  • Video tutor: Although there are no live tutors or one-on-one mentoring, video guidance is the next best thing.
  • Best for This is a low-priced, technologically advanced option for people who need to study on the go.

Compare GRE Prep Course