Kaplan

Compare Online Colleges

Research top Online Colleges recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It was very easy for me to enroll at Kaplan University. Thought it would be longer but it was a fast process. I paid my tuition up front but you can divide up the payments which is nice to fit your budget. It's easy to engage and so far no problems. It's very good for online classes. Lots of courses to choose from. Not too expensive, just right for my budget and I can pursue the studies I'm interested in. Good courses. You can get online help which is nice. I can choose the hours I want and with my schedule, it worked out great. I'm not quite done with my courses yet but I get to take my time with it. Don't like being rushed.

The courses are helpful to me. I'm enjoying my online courses because I know I'm bettering myself. And makes me feel proud that I'm accomplishing something. Never was very good in high school but I find these classes easy to understand. But I really wish they had a good course on veterinary science because I love animals and would love to pursue a part time job doing this. But Kaplan does offer a lot of other courses. I wish I could get a little more help at night but they're mostly available in the daytime hours. Also, I do wish it was a little bit cheaper.

I would like a good business program and that is easy access. Is also good that at least be at least 50% classroom and have a flexible schedule and if possible classes from Friday to Sunday in the morning. Class schedules should be at least 4 hours a day for at least two days a week and the intensive course would be good for a duration of at least 6 months of classes, as well as the university supporting the course with a valid certificate to work and recognized by the national education.

I found the online platform extremely easy to adjust to. It allowed me to do the courses when I had the time to no matter what time of day it was. And for the most part, the courses I've taken are hit and miss, some are helpful and others, not so much. I loved the fact that all the assignments were given on the first day of class. The reason this was important to me was because it gave me the opportunity to work ahead of the rest of the class if I wanted or needed to. I also liked that the professors were very quick to respond even if you were further along in the class than where the rest of the class was. I would lower the cost, because even though it is an excellent program, jobs are not always available after graduation. I know I haven't even finished my degree yet and I'm already sitting at a substantial amount of money that needs to be re-paid.

Kaplan University is an okay school. They have resources for students who needs extra help like tutoring, but you'll have to seek out the help if needed. It is a for profit school so if you can't pay for your classes then I suggest taking a break or you'll end up being blocked from classes and still having to pay for the weeks you did attend. Some instructors are very helpful and there are some that just do the minimum so I suggest looking up the instructor before taking the class. The classes is challenging but not overwhelming. You just have to keep up and try not to fall behind. The online environment is good. You have a lot of support through the class.

It is a little hard. I must spend more time to study this classes and more questions to ask. It is very convenience for me and do not need go to the location. The important thing is more cheaper. Something new taught to me. I think it needs more efficient for talk and more detail for class.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaplan?

The internet platform used is very intuitive and user friendly. It is very easy to get into and understand the layout and what is going on, and this matters because everything you do will stem from there. Also, all of your records are easy to find and view or print. The classes themselves are far too easy. It does not feel like you are learning as much as you should, and the material they do teach you seems like it is simply driven to pass the exams. However, the interactive "classrooms" are short, and on several occasions the professor did not show up, and there was no explanation given. When you did have class, there were far too many students, so you usually could not participate. The platform is very straightforward, and you are usually 1 or 2 clicks away from anything that you would be looking for. You are required to participate in the discussion boards every week as part of your grade.

The process of enrolling and taking courses is very easy and never have any problems. It is easy to engage with the online platform. The course are very helpful and easy to use now. It has the unique features and good online programs for us. The features are all helpful and fits us very well.

With Kaplan, we have more time for everything to study, work and to be dependent on our home is a very common method. You meet people online and you can do the work in groups, it is very didactic this method of studying. The method of evaluating a little is things that gradually improve as well as users, although there are things that are needed more practice everything that applies is good. The enrollment method is easy. Enter the main page you are looking for what you are going to study. You fill out your forms, you make your payment and you are ready in contacts with the teachers.

Kaplan University is very convenience for me and do not need go to the location. The important thing is more cheaper. Something new taught to me, but it needs more efficient for talk and more detail for class. Also, it is a little hard to enroll. I must spend more time to study these classes and more questions to ask.

Great online courses but they need more associate degrees. Also I had an issue with credit transfers, they should definitely accept more credits and take into account life experiences. The online platform was very easy and very well put together, I never had any issues. There were no major bugs in the software and my wifi reception didn't have to be perfect in order for the software to work. However, they shouldn't require students to stay in school for the year round semesters. Burnout is a huge issue especially for students working full-time and going to school at the same time.

It was very easy to learn here. They offered really great classes and fit my schedule. The courses have been very helpful to me. It was very simple to engage in the courses and the online platform. I also really enjoyed all of the professors as they were willing to help as well as motivate you. However, I wish they could put you in connection with jobs after you complete the program and earn your degree. This is a downfall. I have had my degree now for 7 years and have yet to use it. Although I have not found a job in this field, I am confident that I will find one in the future.

The main thing I like about Kaplan is the flexibility. It is for people like me who have jobs and have families and are further along in life. I like that it is online and you can take as many or as few classes as you need. I also like that the classes are things I will actually be doing in my career!

The process is simple and my courses are accurately aligned. I can still be at home while participating in class session and working on assignments. I like the online communicator, the professor quick response to an inquiry, I can turn my report in with ease, I don't have to use my gas, I can do all my work at home. However, sometimes the workload could be overwhelming and the communication is not always clear of how the process should be. Also, the tone of message can be unclear.

Enrolling was very easy. I truly enjoyed online college. Being able top do it online, saving on my vehicle and gas, vs going to a university campus. I could pick and choose what I wanted to take as an elective and the hours of what was for each class. Being able to have a book in front of you as well as being online and talking to the teacher and classmates via a online classroom.

It is very easy to enroll and register for courses. The courses are beneficial to my career. Courses are interesting, varied and relevant. It is easy to use the online format. It is a great program for adults who need to be able to schedule classes at a convenient time. The program is easy to tailor to an individual's pace and schedule. The professors are leaders in their field, good and knowledgeable. It is a really great program.

I like Kaplan because I can do my classes on my time schedule and from the comforts of home. I am not distracted from in class problems like chicks and other things. I can focus solely on my work and study and do exams in complete serenity. I like every aspect of what online schooling has to offer. It makes me a better person and gives me insight into myself that I didn't know I had. It gives me confidence and pride when I tell people I am in college learning a valuable trade. The enrollment process was easy and the courses have been helpful. First I saw a commercial for Kaplan, then I called the number, set up an interview, signed paperwork with electronic signature after choosing courses and getting approved for a grant. Then my schedule was generated on the classes I will take and I started on the start date.

It was easy enough to attend the classes. The courses themselves were only as continuing education as I was already gainfully employed in the courses I was studying in. I liked the flexibility of being able to go to attend classes that fit my schedule but feel that I missed something not being able to attend a physical class. However, the amount of money it cost to sit behind a computer is astronomical. I don't believe it should cost that much if you're not going to a physical class.

The process of enrolling and taking courses are both very easy to complete.They are very easy to engage with the online platform and make everything easier and quicker. All the features are very easy to use and I never meet any problems when I use them. I really know how to use them and they are very helpful. The price for me is very good and it provides us so many reliable information about programs.

Enrolling was easy. It make the transition really, really smooth and all the info online was all posted and easily found by anyone. Learn at your own pace and test at your speed was very great for me. I can study on my own time and away from work. Also, I can plan and play how I like spend time with friends when needed and work when I need to.

Enrolling into classes was very easy. Although it makes me feel that everyone that applies get in to take classes. Almost like a money grab. I bet most don't finish the degree. Still, I like the flexible program so I can keep my job and earn a masters. Also deferred payment status so my company will pay for classes once I receive my grades. I also like trimesters instead of just 2 semesters. However, some professors take too long to respond to quizzes, exams and questions. Many are helpful but others seems to have too many students. Grading seems fair but easier than my undergraduate school.

Kaplan University was easy all the way from the start. Their website was the most helpful part of the total enrollment process. Any questions you might encounter can be found in their website. Enrollment was very easy to complete and was understood. The instructions were also easy to follow. Plus, the course selection was informative and outstanding for the online courses I was interested in taking. Most importantly was the freedom to complete the courses at your time most available to you.

I didn't like the online program at all. I saw an advertisement that stated that I could go at my own pace so I called and asked about it. But when I signed up, I was lied to. I failed classes as I had requested incompletes and those requests were ignored. It is hard to contact the instructors. Also a lot of classes it is hard to take a course entire online. It has been a long time since I've taken these courses. Never again will I take another online course with Kaplan, they made me pay for all of those failed classes that was their fault.

Everything is great. Easy to engage with online platform. All the courses were great and helpful. Great prices too. Outstanding offers and services. Saves time and money, and easy to follow and do whenever is possible and convenience. They have great tools to use online. It is also easy to manage account and resume study and follow the schedule.

I found it very easy to sign up and get started with taking my classes online and also to receive the literature that helped to aid me in my education as well as they have referrals that help to get jobs and get you started and on your way to achieving your career goals. It's a great and caring school that is all about making it easier to study and get work done. It's not so expensive that's unaffordable but its accessible and affordable with college courses that are accredited. They are awesome. They are always adding better and newer features that help the learning process and communicating with the staff and faculty members.

Admission process is very simple and take some time to create account. No problem in getting the admission. Also, it's convenient to learn online courses help to save time and spend time somewhere else. It's good and easy.

When you enroll, you will get an academic adviser that talks with you, determines what clause you need, will walk you through the process of enrolling, getting your courses and things of that nature and help you enroll with them. They will email you links to fill in your information and all of that. After you do all of that and have your classes picked you can print out a syllabus of your courses. You know what all your classes are for the whole semester. However, I dislike having to sign in for seminars because most of them are boring. I don't like sitting in front of the computer watching these things and sometimes trying to give answers to some questions you have is difficult because everyone else needs help or the attention of the teacher. But it is easier than going to a traditional campus college/university. You also can talk with your teachers online if you are having problems regarding your schoolwork. I love doing school online.

I am making good process on getting my degree. The courses are all online so that means no classes. I can proceed at my own pace. I can do this around my work schedule. No getting up at 6 am for class. If you are self starter then this is the way to go.

Everything about the online school was great. The whole process of getting started taking my classes was very simple and easy to complete. I actually applied online and after a few days I was contacted by a customer service rep and they help me apply for all my classes, file for financial aid, and everything else I needed. They were super helpful whenever I had questions and help me get enrolled really quickly. It was a really fun way to take classes.

Kaplan University is unique, fast, flexible, and they work with you on your terms. Also the fees for tuition are not as killer as most other universities. I just love the way this school runs and they are accredited. They try to help you both entering the school as leaving it. They try their best to help with job placement etc. Everything and everyone has been super helpful. The staff is super friendly and understanding. I love the course work and how the professors handle their loads as well. A+++!

Enrollment and financial aid was very easy. Did everything online. A lot of student don't know how to apply for aid and it would be very helpful to them to find that kind of help. There should be more professor and teacher student interaction, and also help the student who have financial issue and some kind of mentor online to guide them though the process. You can be in the comfort of your home and arrange your course on your time. Very flexible. Able to hold a part time job while you are going to school online.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

With a 76 year history and one million students each year, Kaplan University has an established reputation as an exceptional educational provider.

• Degree programs: Many online colleges only offer certificate or associate degree programs, but Kaplan University goes to a bachelor's degree and beyond.
  • Advanced degrees: If you already have a bachelor's degree and want to pursue your masters, Kaplan has several programs available.
  • On campus option: While possibly best known for their online and distance learning programs, Kaplan has nearly 400 campus locations in 25 countries.
  • Regional accreditation: Not every program is regionally accredited, but Kaplan makes it easy to find out which course of study meets those requirements by putting accreditation information front and center on their website.
  • Nationally accredited certifications: For those looking for direct entry or continuing education opportunities, Kaplan has a range of accredited certification programs across several industries.
  • Best for New grads, promotion/job seekers, lifetime learners and full-time workers.

Compare Online Colleges