Kaplan

Compare Online Colleges

Research top Online Colleges recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Admission process is very simple and take some time to create account. No problem in getting the admission. Also, it's convenient to learn online courses help to save time and spend time somewhere else. It's good and easy.

When you enroll, you will get an academic adviser that talks with you, determines what clause you need, will walk you through the process of enrolling, getting your courses and things of that nature and help you enroll with them. They will email you links to fill in your information and all of that. After you do all of that and have your classes picked you can print out a syllabus of your courses. You know what all your classes are for the whole semester. However, I dislike having to sign in for seminars because most of them are boring. I don't like sitting in front of the computer watching these things and sometimes trying to give answers to some questions you have is difficult because everyone else needs help or the attention of the teacher. But it is easier than going to a traditional campus college/university. You also can talk with your teachers online if you are having problems regarding your schoolwork. I love doing school online.

I am making good process on getting my degree. The courses are all online so that means no classes. I can proceed at my own pace. I can do this around my work schedule. No getting up at 6 am for class. If you are self starter then this is the way to go.

Everything about the online school was great. The whole process of getting started taking my classes was very simple and easy to complete. I actually applied online and after a few days I was contacted by a customer service rep and they help me apply for all my classes, file for financial aid, and everything else I needed. They were super helpful whenever I had questions and help me get enrolled really quickly. It was a really fun way to take classes.

Kaplan University is unique, fast, flexible, and they work with you on your terms. Also the fees for tuition are not as killer as most other universities. I just love the way this school runs and they are accredited. They try to help you both entering the school as leaving it. They try their best to help with job placement etc. Everything and everyone has been super helpful. The staff is super friendly and understanding. I love the course work and how the professors handle their loads as well. A+++!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaplan?

Enrollment and financial aid was very easy. Did everything online. A lot of student don't know how to apply for aid and it would be very helpful to them to find that kind of help. There should be more professor and teacher student interaction, and also help the student who have financial issue and some kind of mentor online to guide them though the process. You can be in the comfort of your home and arrange your course on your time. Very flexible. Able to hold a part time job while you are going to school online.

Kaplan University is a great place to finish your education and a starting point for your future. This place inspired me to get my credits I needed to finish. I had a great experience enrolling. It was very easy and they offered an admission coordinator to help me through the process. They are also helpful in finding ways to get financing. Kaplan University has a great line of subjects to take and it is easy to complete the courses. They are easy to access and take my past college courses into consideration. The only problem I had was talking with the teacher at hours that were available to me. But still I had a great experience.

Great school and the enrollment went pretty smoothly. You send in the application and they go over your paperwork, any prior credits from any other institution check that out and then to get back to you as quickly as possible. If you have anything done through Europe lawyer they had to contact them and then they get back to you. It's pretty seamless.

At the time I attended it was very nice and easy to use. They have updated everything and it has improved greatly. The online interface has also improved and looks so much nicer and easier to navigate. However, there should be better communication to alumni between sending an email and getting a reply back from the advisers. When you are on a deadline it is important to get a reply back as quickly as possible and you have no other option other than email or a phone call to get this done.

The accessibility of the program and the school's course none. It's difficult to enroll with a lot of steps. Faster access, more classes and addition courses none. But very good online classes with good training.

I like the concept that I am able to take my program classes online and it fits me perfectly. It makes it a lot less time consuming and totally prefer this option than going to class at the university. I really like that I can get my education without having to take my time to go to class outside. The only negative is that I can't see my professor in real life and talk to him. Also, I don't get to see other classmates that I could see if I went to the real school. But then the process of enrolling and taking courses were very easy. All I had to do was go online and pick my classes and I could do all of that from my computer. Also taking the classes were overall very easy to do.

Enrolling at Kaplan was very easy and intuitive. I love how I could take the test without feeling pressured and get a makeover if I failed the passing grade. I would have like to be able to choose when and what to study on some subjects. Also, I would like an offline feature plus I would love to have more time to talk or webcam the teacher of the online classroom. But I like how I can contact the professor and have a response very quickly. I love that I can connect with other students while I am taking the course. The other students were in a understandable situations as was I. Graduating should be easy as well.

The online university has a good online program that offers 180 programs and the class times are easy and convenient. I love the ease of access to get into the classes. Maybe the online program should have of a vast selection of more classes to choose from. Then it is easy to engage in the online platform. The classes have been very helpful getting me to get closer to my degree and have been relevant.

I liked the online courses the way they were set up and taught. I also liked the professors and how actual homework and library was set up in the courses for the programs. It was very easy to enroll and the online platform was very easy as well. Also, the courses were very helpful, I learned a lot from the courses.

The courses I take are available whenever I can do them according to my schedule. I am able to get the proper help I need answering lessons and rather easy to engage in the chorus the professors through the system and various other resources available to me as a student with no big issues about lack of availability no matter what time of the day or what day it is. However, the variety of courses that are online are actually a bit lacking that I would have hoped. There have been also a few times when I could not get in touch with someone to get some assistance with what I was doing in the course.

I study at Kipling College from 2011-2014. I obtain an Associate degree in 2013. I recently applied at Cal State Northridge for fall 2017. I have received a denial letter because the classes I took are not compatible. What a waste of money and time. I was told that classes would transfer. I would never recommend this college. The education does not hold its weight. My recommendation to anyone is to make sure your degree is WASC approved.

I like that classes are online and the instructors were always friendly and you could chat with your classmates. However, I didn't like the software they used to conduct online classes. It felt old and it was hard to navigate at times because it wasn't all uniform. It was also somewhat difficult to engage with the platform due to things not always being uniform between classes so things were in different areas depending on the instructor's use of the systems. I did not really enjoy the experience.

Kaplan University are very good in helping student with a lot of their problem they are having with different kind of courses and what type of courses to choose from. Teachers are there for them when they need assistance. They have one on one interaction with the students and helping them success in the career they are choosing and any kind of financial need and online problem they have.

Their customer support is very knowledgeable. I didn't feel, at first, that I was being pressured to sign up. However, they tried to talk me into classes I didn't need to take. Also, they promised to be accredited when I started. That didn't happen so now I am stuck with credits that don't count. But their online school is easy to navigate and really handy with all resources they offer. The online instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful. They are also willing to give up their family time to help anyone who is having trouble with a class. It allows me to be flexible with my hectic schedule. It was enjoyable until the end.

Kaplan makes it very simple to enroll, take classes and completing projects and courses online. It is extremely easy to engage with the platform. What I liked most about Kaplan University is that they have a wide variety of courses to take that can help me pursue my career. The courses that are provided teach me the basics that are needed in order to succeed in the field that I want. I liked pretty much everything about the online program at Kaplan University. The courses that I took have definitely been helpful.

It is very easy to apply online. I had an online advisory to help me through the process. Classes are easy to take and I have no issues. I love that I can schedule classes around my time and business. Then the course have been instrumental in helping me with my business. I love that you can personalize your own degree program. More and more programs like this are being created in traditional colleges, but it's important in online institutions.

Enrolling on the website and portal was easy as putting in your received information. The platform is pretty much straight forward and easy to use. Some features such as the online pdf viewer can be rather slow depending on size. Easier pacing as you can do the material at any time during the day/night. No worries about being there on time. I like the constant access to information that you may not have on the Campus. Then the access to professors is not as good as being there in person, but it's acceptable. Could use a faster system to access. Lectures are recorded and played back or can be read, and it's not quite the same as being there. But overall very good.

After making the decision to enroll at Kaplan University I called and got signed up to begin my courses. The person that enrolled me even called me the day my first class began and talked me through what would be expected of me which made me less nervous. The flexibility of the courses allowed me to do something I thought was impossible. Taking classes in a regular classroom is impossible with my schedule. It did not take long for me to settle into the routine and exceed my own expectations. I was on the president's list the entire time I was enrolled at Kaplan university.

However, navigating their website was a little difficult at times and it was hard to find people to answer questions. The cost seemed higher than it should have been but I didn't see any other alternative. The class materials had to all be read online and that was a little inconvenient as I like to study for tests from printed material. The majority of the classes were great and the instructors were knowledgeable but when I ran into an issue with trying to contact the instructor they would not answer me back at all. And then I tried to drop the class and the administrators would not answer me until it was past the drop dead date. Then they charged me for the classes in full. It was a very disappointing experience. The availability of the instructors could have been more accommodating.

Engaging with the online platform was very easy. They did everything they could to get me enrolled, and all the materials I needed were delivered to my home well ahead of the time required. I always fully understood what was required of me in my classes, and the requirements were presented in an easy to understand way. But the requirements of the classes were too easy. I did not feel I had been taught the material I was being credited for very well. Several classes gave over 20 percent of your grade as simply engaging with the discussion board. I do not feel that the courses truly gave me a deep understanding of the material, and I was being taught how to pass the tests rather than learning the material. I understand that it is my responsibility to learn, but even all of the testing felt my specific, as if I was being taught just enough to pass the test. I didn't feel I was truly getting an education.

It was so easy to enroll. I went on their website and just enrolled there. There was no hassle and it was so simple. And I love how it works around me. I can do things when I want and not when I have to. It makes life so easy, especially when you are working while getting your degree. It is just perfect.

Everything was good in all terms. I was able to do everything on my own time. It was very easy to do any and everything I was required to do, everything has been one hundred percent helpful; thus far and I'm glad I choose it. It's all good and it's everything I ever could have imagined an online or any college to be. I would recommend it to anyone who asked about online college or just any colleges in general.

If you have the time, it can be easier than going to a University. You can do it at your convenience and it is not that expensive. Flexibility, online support, affordable, convenient timings, and availability. They can provide financial support to those in need but they should try to help students with course materials. Sometimes course material is not readily available online and that can be frustrating. Helpful to a certain extent, but sometimes it's difficult to engage since it's an online course. Average experience, but worth it.

Kaplan University is a very good school. I really enjoy taking their classes online, very good curriculum and instructors, they offer good results and education for the future. Enrolling is not that hard but it could be easier if they'd organize things better on their site, have the capability to choose more classes ahead of time, more choices and more instructors, have more specific questions and interactions in general. Would be less paperwork to fill out and could help a lot.

Program is offered online so don't have to attend campus. Online classes are the only way to go, they allow you to work at your own pace and in your own environment and doesn't interfere with work schedule or family time. I still work full time and have time for family. It has been easy to take classes online, no real glitches or issues at this point. This is much better than online courses, no fixed or set schedule and you can still reach out to your instructor for help. I enjoy all the classes I have taken so far and encourage others to try it.

What I like about Kaplan University is you have an online teacher who you call to help you with your work. The teacher is there certain hours of the day. It like you in a big classroom and everybody typing, talking, while the teacher teach. The only thing I don't like is we no face to face and I kind of need that so I can do my work better. I would like to see other student maybe but you can talk to other students get help with your work. Then enrollment has been really hard because I need help, I don't understand the work that well so help is a big must and the way it look is so simple. You can direct yourself so easily to find help.

I like the customization and flexibility this program offers me. I have researched other online colleges and Kaplan has the qualities I am looking for. This institution has very little faults. I have seen online schools who don't even try half as hard as this place did. The enrollment was a pretty simple process in learning about this place. I found the person helping me was courteous and very respectful. It really influenced my choice.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

With a 76 year history and one million students each year, Kaplan University has an established reputation as an exceptional educational provider.

• Degree programs: Many online colleges only offer certificate or associate degree programs, but Kaplan University goes to a bachelor's degree and beyond.
  • Advanced degrees: If you already have a bachelor's degree and want to pursue your masters, Kaplan has several programs available.
  • On campus option: While possibly best known for their online and distance learning programs, Kaplan has nearly 400 campus locations in 25 countries.
  • Regional accreditation: Not every program is regionally accredited, but Kaplan makes it easy to find out which course of study meets those requirements by putting accreditation information front and center on their website.
  • Nationally accredited certifications: For those looking for direct entry or continuing education opportunities, Kaplan has a range of accredited certification programs across several industries.
  • Best for New grads, promotion/job seekers, lifetime learners and full-time workers.

Compare Online Colleges