4.32/5
Based on 19 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Kaplan University MBA Program

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: June 6, 2017

19 Kaplan University MBA Program Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: June 6, 2017

It's very easy to engage with Kaplan University's online platform and use this website. The user interface is very cool and the whole website itself is very user and student friendly. I am pretty sure a baby could use this website. I also like how it takes the time to thoroughly explain everything to you. Finally I like how they treat each and every person like they know you very personally. I wish though that there was a system to look up people around you who use the same program and take the same classes so you could meet up with each other to help each other, just like in real college which is what they should strive to make it feel like.

Original review: June 5, 2017

The enrollment process was a snap and it's very easy to take classes. The web interface is very nicely designed, quick and intuitive. From what I have read, their online platform is far superior to those of comparable institutions. The ability to interact with my classmates online was the best feature. I feel like I have made many great friends and colleagues through this program. I love the flexibility of the program as well. I would like to see them offer more choices and have more local classes. If one could combine online learning with local classes and/or learning, that would certainly be an advantage to older students.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: June 2, 2017

This is an amazing program. It is extremely easy to engage in the online platform, they are very helpful towards figuring out how to work the sites and you can save your progress and take breaks and come back to where you left off. This is absolutely perfect for students who get distracted easily by courses inside the classroom. I like how the online classes have real time teachers who can assist students with any questions they may have. It is almost like you are actually inside of a classroom. I love taking courses online. There's a section where most frequently asked questions is, and most likely you will always find the answers you need right there. It has helped me so much with studies. The features are perfect the way they are. There is a lot of things to do with these help guidelines and they steer you into the right direction.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I like that the Kaplan University MBA Program has flexible learning options and they team work with you to ensure that you are getting the most out of the program and that you are learning at the best learning style that is best for you. The online platform is amazing, as well. The site is easy to navigate around and easy to understand. The courses have been also extremely helpful to me and is something that will be very beneficial to me in my life. I am having a very positive experience so far and it is one the best programs that I have pursued.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I had an easy time apply for Kaplan University. You only have to give away your personal information to apply for an MBA. The MBA is already good as it is because it's one of the highest levels of education. It will help me advance in my career and I'll be more likely to get a higher-paying career, which will be a more satisfying life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaplan University MBA Program?

Original review: May 24, 2017

At Kaplan there are several features I enjoyed. For one, I enjoyed that the price was not very high and the program allows you time to be able to pay. I like everything about the MBA program and I got to experience working as a business person. One thing I don't like is that the deadlines are so short. I don't feel I have enough time to finish my assignments. This also points out that being able to study from home is also a great feature of the program. Easy access means that you can succeed faster. Also, every Kaplan student is able to talk to any adviser and is free to ask any questions. They take their training very seriously.

For enrollment it depends on your career interests and your admissions adviser helps with your career path. This process was great for me. I accepted and enrolled at a fairly quick pace. It is easy to engage with the online platform and you can go at your own pace and you are not alone. The course have been plenty helpful and the library is open 24 hours. I get the best results after I study.

Original review: May 21, 2017

The Kaplan University MBA Program had many resources available for students for extra help like tutoring and a library, and it was helpful to me. The process of enrolling was very straightforward. And the online platform was easy to access and navigate, as well. The courses have been helpful, too. However, it's hard to find staff for help and I did not feel most educators there valued or cared about our education as much as I'd expect from a college. I did not truly feel welcome at times. Overall it seemed mostly like an average college with nothing truly outstanding, however nothing bad either.

Original review: May 19, 2017

When I first saw the school online, I searched for as much information that I could find. Then I filled out a request for a counselor to contact me. After that the process was really good. I was talked and emailed the enrolling exam. I like the fact that the school is very flexible and that I have a chance to work at my own pace. Also, these schools are great because it gives people a chance to work on their longtime goals and still be able to support themselves.

Original review: May 18, 2017

The program filled in the gaps nicely, giving me a good set of tools to start my own business, function as a successful consultant, trainer, and presenter, and succeed in management as well. The group projects and frequent presentations give many people the much-needed skills and practice that they might not get otherwise. I learned a great deal from the instructors who were (for the most part) very good at communicating their experience in their field.

I don't think I would have been able to carve out the time to attend a full-time program. My company at the time was paying for tuition at UofP, so it seemed like an opportunity not to be missed. As in any education system, you get some great instructors and some that should not be in that position, but they tend to get weeded out pretty quickly based on student reviews. Some have a bias because in the early days of the University, quality control was an issue. But they have responded by hiring instructors more selectively, and by upping and reinforcing academic standards greatly.

Original review: May 17, 2017

It was very easy to enroll online and to engage in classes with the teacher, the course system for interacting with other students is great and it's an awesome platform. Also, it showed me how to be a good person. The program is great and they offer great solutions and open policies to help me out with any issues I have. Hopefully things stay this way but I'm sure they will!

Original review: May 16, 2017

I like you can test drive Kaplan for three weeks to see if it will work for you or not. I also like that I can take classes online and on campus, that you are able to schedule around what you need and that they're is accredited by the higher learning commission. The process is easy but longer than what I expected to be. It can be shorter because it felt like it was all day process and some questions repeat. Also, it can be little overwhelming but it is great as is. The process empowered me to get a higher education.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I like the flexibility and it's easy to engage and connect with someone if there is a problem. The enrollment system was incredibly easy, as well. I didn't have to jump through hurdles or have an intense application process like I did with my undergraduate university. Professor interactions are simple and they are equally interested in all students, even if there is a lack of personalization, being an online course. Courses are interesting and useful, too. They have been established for a while and have made a name for themselves with online learning. Not super prestigious, but otherwise solid system. Getting excellent grades and engaging in the program will make up for the lack of title.

Original review: May 14, 2017

Easy to enroll and register. Just scan in documents and send by email. Also easy to engage with online platform with very little challenges. I can take classes from home. I like the online programs much better than attending a physical location. No commutes or dealing with traffic or parking. However, stronger tutorials and more resources online would be more helpful so I can use them online.

Original review: May 13, 2017

They are very focus on preparing you to take your career to a higher level. The professors are patience and speak very well, too. Also a lot of good advice how to stand out professionally. It has been rather easy for me to engage on the platform and I had not experience any connection or screen that freeze. The instructions on the screen has been easy to follow. I only hope they could be open to students for advice how the program is working. Though I'm not one of them, some students have reasonable complaints that is not being addressed.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Easy, fast, affordable. Enrolling was easy, I did it over the phone. The courses are well structured and laid out and, and are easy to complete and navigate through. The online platform is great and easy to work with, and makes it simple to take classes when I have the time. I love that I can take classes on my time, when I have time to do them, it allows me to focus on other things when I need to. I would not go to school any other way. It has been a great experience all around.

Original review: May 10, 2017

It's really easy to use and very efficient in finding out more about me. They help you with everything you need help on, and they even have some online resources to help out as well! I love this online course! The options are endless! However, it's not the best with WiFi. It's kinda hard to use it sometimes due to buffering and so on, otherwise, it's perfect! I really recommend this online college for anyone in need of help!

Original review: May 6, 2017

In the Kaplan University MBA plan the level was similar to other university plans, as I did recently was updated to new assignments much more relevant to the current times, such as electronic commerce but insufficient, system analysis and massive profitability. I miss its updating in certain aspects like electronic commerce and the great analysis of data, more talks and spaces of work in common, in spite of that there was a great atmosphere. The access to all my data, classes and any information relating online in Kaplan was really satisfactory, maybe some lags in certain occasions but only on time.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I like how flexible the program is because I am busy so having the option between online and offline classes is a blessing. Having the ability to pursue a course without destroying my schedule is useful. It is somewhat easy to engage but I don't like how lonely the online experience is. I like learning since you meet a lot of people around. However, online, I am all alone and I want a collaborative experience online as well. The UI should be changed but otherwise the courses are extremely helpful and I am learning a lot. I like how much information I am retaining from this.

Original review: May 4, 2017

It's easy to engage with the online platform and most of the courses are helpful and meet my expectations. It is also easy to enroll and the price was excellent!!! I like that it is very easy to take courses with them and it works really well with my work schedule. I also like that it had a lot of different MBAs to choose from. However, there are a few specific courses that I don't really like because they are a little confusing. Also, it would help if I would have more interactive content.

Kaplan University MBA Program expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kaplan University is a for-profit higher education institution headquartered in Iowa with 14 campuses across the United States. It is predominantly a distance learning institution, and its online Master of Business Administration is one of its many degree offerings.

• Program length: Terms at Kaplan last about two months. The online MBA is designed to take 15 terms with no concentration and 19 terms with a concentration. It takes a total of 2.5 to just over three years to complete the online MBA if you take one class per term.
    • Credit requirements: The MBA with no concentration requires 60 credit hours to complete, while students who wish to add a concentration to their degree must take 76. Most courses are worth four credits, so you’ll need to complete 15-19 courses to earn the degree.
    • Tuition and fees: Kaplan charges $460 per quarter credit hour for its online MBA program (the tuition rate is lower for military servicemembers, veterans and Maine residents). There are several other fees, such as an application fee, deposit, per-term technology fee, books and supply fees, course assessment fees and other fees that might apply. Full-time students completing their work on schedule should expect a total cost of around $33,500 for an MBA with no concentration and just over $42,500 for an MBA with concentration.
    • Key subject areas: Kaplan offers an online MBA with or without a more specific concentration. The concentrations include Finance, Health Care Management, Human Resources, Information Technology, Marketing and Project Management.
    • Accreditation: Kaplan University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, which oversees institutions in the central United States. The HRC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. The business programs at Kaplan are also accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
    • Best for: those who want the flexibility to take one course at a time for a few years.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs